DBE75255-A3C3-4A18-814B-D6867C292D14 (resized).jpeg
99A18A74-9E49-418D-B3A2-0255EFAD7FFB (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210510_195256 (resized).jpg
EDE8887B-F907-4583-8137-000827BC88D3 (resized).jpeg
81BDACF8-24B3-46D7-8EB1-88D5746165CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 months ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (23 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightballtexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 months ago

I am here ready to see what the LE will have. It's only 2k more so cant be earth shattering.

1) Bigger BB screen?
2) Powder coating ?
3) Shaker?
4) Signed by ?????
5) Numbered Plaque?
6) TOPPER- I wish...lol

Maybe a extra toy inside is what they said...wonder what that could be?

It will be a fun ride.

#12 10 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I was told I have the 7 spot... I will keep you posted

6th spot...lol

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have so much alien stuff from over the years, I have lots of things I could make a topper out of so I have some ideas, but honestly, I think it should be a moving alien head or queen head moving back and forth and opening mouth, with flashers on it, and smoke along with the beacons (which I hope are still available).

Make 2 or 3.....I will help and be your first buyer. We can get some switches, servos , leds are the easy part.

#14 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Didn't think of that good catch

Love it.

#17 10 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

You should start a preorder watch thread and I will join you

That could be fun. I did a LE JP thread for the 500 to all join . It was good for sone time. I think we got two half who checked in with numbers. Then added prem as well . Still going strong

#34 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was just stating what I thought would be a cool topper. I am not sure I have anything or the skills to make something like that.
If I make my own, it will most likely be stationary and maybe some flashers integrated with the lights.
Who knows though, when I get digging into it, maybe I can come up with something, or at least a prototype someone else could build.

Let's take on the challenge....sure would be fun.

#45 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I understand the want for the LE but it's hard to make an informed decision without knowing what is included in it. If it's just powdercoat, a numbered plaque and HD glass I may stay with the SE, buuut if they include the larger 27" monitor on the backbox that would be a different story

It's only 2k more...what the heck, who cares , Bite the bullet. It's your dream Pin. We all know it's going to be great. The $7777 was brilliant.

Give me a Signature from SW and that's enough...Over and out.

#47 10 months ago

She said keep both.

pasted_image (resized).png
#51 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice collection my friend, but can you wait a year for the Alien LV?
Maybe get the SE play the crap out of it then sell it to fund the LV, just a thought I'm considering as I've waited so long for this to be remade

Save your money and just wait for the LV-LE-SLE-AE-LSE. lol

#58 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So everyone who's in on an SE what are the must have mods on this game? I for one will be looking at powdercoating, the stainless just doesn't do it justice. I saw on the other thread there was a blue option but for me that green is absolutely fantastic. Pics courtesy of rts
[quoted image][quoted image]

Green All The Way!!!!..

I wonder if the LV powder-coating will be this good from the factory. If not we know where to go.

#60 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't like the green at all...doesn't fit the color scheme, too emerald. The blue does, but I still prefer straight up black.

Green all the way.....black is so boring.

#68 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

That green is absolutely gorgeous!

Can you imagine the green with pinstadiums going berserk with the dark green diffuser. The add some GI with red, blue and white...

Lighted frame with Bryan's art on the side....cant wait.

#73 10 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Same, Melissa protects her customers. I have no worry’s sending her deposits on games, even if they havnt been built yet.

She's the only one I have bought my new machines from, yes it's only been 2 but still no issues.

#100 10 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75
Would love to see them integrate playfield monitor; but I do not think this is even on the table for consideration.
So that is the $2k more - would be my guess.
What do you think??

H F Y B

#111 10 months ago

I am still smiling with the news. No rush to get mine.. I can wait for the 1st and 2nd batch to roll out.

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I think I heard in the podcast that those inserts have RGB lighting under them so may look better when machine is on, we shall see soon I hope

Lets hope so mate.

#136 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hopefully it's black chrome

Or Dark Green with flakes.

#141 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

And so it begins...
Absolutely beautiful artwork from Brian at Flyland designs now to put it in a lit frame and hang it
[quoted image]

Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#150 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

No new news or pics for 10 days now Come on Pinball Brothers show us some more pics or better yet video, the suspense is killing me, they said that Cointaker should have a game in early January to show game play on, surely they could tell us the game is on it's way to them

Chilax Mate. lol.

#159 9 months ago

Let's hope this will be good come 2022

#161 9 months ago

Who wants one??

11027034_1 (resized).jpg11027034_1(2) (resized).jpg
#183 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

You're going to love it. The shots, atmosphere, sound, the toys, really pulls you into the Alien Universe. I love mine and I'm so happy I got one. Sometimes I don't play it...I just go downstairs to look at it. Just put MK6spin (Mark) apron on it and it just pumped it up to the next level.

Hope his fits the new ones coming and I am in.

#186 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm...what you think? Overkill maybe?
amazon.com link »

How would you mod all that?? looks cool.

#188 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm going to try to work on a strobe mod. After seeing MK6PIN's it's a crime this game doesn't come with them. That link was more of a joke but in reality that would be pretty plug and play. All the strobes hook to the base system, and you just trigger it via power. However I think it would need it's own power supply, and a way to trigger when you want it on in the game. Also, this could be way too bright.
So in reality, I'm looking at low watt 1watt 5v strobes, but I'm not really clear on how bright is bright and how much wattage affects it. Without knowing enough about the new game, but assuming many things will be similar the question becomes how can you get the desired effect without taxing the system (as with all mods). Of course, integration also becomes a problem which we won't know until they are released.
I'm sure someone here with more electrical knowledge will have better ideas.
I actually wish they'd just add them to them at a cost.

It will be fun to wait and see and do some creative modding. I am on a design idea with a few guys on a topper...

#192 9 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm still curious as to what's going to be the upgrades for the LV. When are those features supposed to be announced ?

They are known for toppers......that should be the first thing..

We all have our top 5, who knows with these guys.

#194 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I heard March we should know what is on the LV

You Heard??? hmmm...please tell.

#213 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

How many playfields have been done so far?

Denied!!!!!

1 week later
#240 9 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree and certainly an exciting time for pinball, I would love to finally see what's included in the LV's though.

Same here.....

I hope a topper and a few extra toys.

#277 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

For the Pinball Brothers (PB) Alien machine (not the original Heighway Alien)?? Can you post the link?
While the new is heavily based off the original is does have some new features (physical ball lock, extra magnet, removed the PF embedded LCD and replaced it with gun status LEDs) and it's also in a WPC styled cabinet with different artwork.

Bump!!!

#282 8 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Absolutely!! I am so positively vibing on this new toy. Thanks for helping to keep it classy chappie

Yep...Cheers mate.

#283 8 months ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

The other thread is full of current owners so it is to be expected.

I bet they came over here and downvoted...crazy. Why come here and say I am not buying this machine...

I guess Red_Devils asked for that one....hehehe

#284 8 months ago

Anyone gone on a buying spree in anticipation of the machine's arrival??

I have like 5 items in mind sitting in a cart somewhere...lol

We need news so I can click "BUY"

#286 8 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Let them get the bugs out, more important to me than when it gets here. I have 4 pins to keep me busy in the meantime.

I am in no rush....only one person I know wants it NOW!!! lol

Yes I have 3 to keep me busy....now distracted looking at a 1996 oldie that I must have NOW....

#290 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've been holding off until we know it is actually coming. I already have too much Alien stuff and had stopped buying years ago.
There's too many unknowns and too many ideas, I will be waiting until I have one in hand before buying too much for toppers/etc.

Show us your goodies?? if you want to reduce some of it I could be a buyer...

#293 8 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You guys sure do LOVE the upcoming Pinball Brothers Alien...
[quoted image]

Nice I see my name around the 9PM mark.....I am famous Red_Devils lol.

#295 8 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Since we don't have any other photos / videos yet... figured I'd make some more art...
[quoted image]

Very Good. When you coming over to paint a wall for me? My shrine pin get's her own wall.

#306 8 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So here's pics of the trophy head to put on the wall behind the machine and pics of the sculpt to use as a topper
That was the plan but I didn't realize how big the sculpt is, it's 33" x 21" x 19" I may have to hang the trophy head on the wall to the side of the machine lol, first world problems, either way it's going to be BAD ASS!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We can go crazy doing some LEDS...I smell a comet order.....

#345 8 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Brilliant.

#346 8 months ago

Love the mins with the mini alien. Great imagination. You win the grand prize.

1 week later
#364 8 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Found this on the Bradford Exchange could be possible topper
[quoted image]

Yes they are small but you can get the entire collection of 7. I was thinking about that maybe on a shelf on each side of the pin...or 3 on top and 2 on each side...so fun to dream.

Someone here can photoshop the look....lol

#373 8 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think you just came up with a better plot line than anything after Aliens![quoted image]

HAHAAH...that's for the smile....good one.

#386 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Looks like they chromed everything out? Scoop, etc. And is it just a trick of the camera, or does the back box screen seem bigger than the proto pics?

looks big to me.

#389 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Great to see the post and I love the chrome it looks awesome, the sentry gun ammo inserts don't do much for me - think the white washes it out a bit (would prefer the embedded LCD). I'm with eaglepin I'm happy they're focusing on getting a solid reliable machine, and they need this to become a respected mainstream pinball manufacturer
[quoted image]

Time to mod those babies....lol. Where's our new code to change them from white to multi colors. HAHA

#428 8 months ago

Snowed in and bored.....gonna go play my LV aliens...

#430 8 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Glad you have power! Gotta feel for the Texans without heat.

Generators are your best friends. It's crazy here with the rolling black outs. It was 3 degrees this morning.

#433 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

3 degrees in Texas!? Thats nuts. Maybe Texas is the new michigan BTW where did you get your LV model? Through that guy in that other thread that ripped everyone off or something?

No was joking....not even announced yet....grrrrrr. We need more info weekly...this once a month or more sucks....

#434 8 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Saw a news report last night on the conditions in TX - rolling blacks makes it even worse. 3 degrees in Celsius is cold for me but in Fahrenheit - I'd feel like a brass monkey

Plus 30 MPH winds...feels like -13

#436 8 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Once you move passed worrying about the $1,000.00, they actually have been very forthcoming with info. Fans are going to get something cool. Be patient. Just around the river bend.
Low of -33° this Sunday. Grass is only green sitting patiently on the fence.

actually not in a rush just excited for info as i don't even have room till our house gets finished.

2 weeks later
#452 7 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Some good information here from Pinball Brothers Facebook page...
[quoted image]

I guess my post shook things up...lol

#456 7 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Yes Chappie. She responded to my email with the same information on Monday. I've got a good feeling. I'm a very lucky guy and unless my streak is over we will all be enjoying our games someday very soon. This is going to be an epic two year period for my collection. Started 2020 off with a sweet TZ right before the lockdown. Then during lockdown I picked up a GB, DP, MBr and an Alien by Heighway. This year I got my flash gordon back from a damn near hep quality restoration ( all thanks to pinsider 2fun). On top of waiting for alien remake I also get to pick up a Lebowski next weekend. Very lucky indeed!

We gotta see some pics....nice collection.

#458 7 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I saw this and instantly thought of these Alien threads.. Topper idea to commemorate the wait? lol
[quoted image]

Toss that in some garlic butter and I will take 12.

#466 7 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Here you go Tex. I appreciate the positive feedback!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice frame on the wall.

1 week later
#507 7 months ago
Quoted from Millz:

Confirmed - 1 Alien has arrived in Pennsylvania, not the first batch. This single shipment was to test shipping method and packaging. The game arrived safely with no issues. Standards are coming soon, and LV's will be later this summer.

I would spend money to get a first pic, like the tabloids ....lol

#515 7 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Chappie will have none of that!

Chappie cant move...

2 weeks later
#543 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Awakening is supposedly happening, but I really really do not expect much from it.
I am more interested in the TV show they are pitching. The format allows them to subvert ratings expectations and have more room to breathe for a storyline. It would be very interesting if it was the pitched Alien 5 more or less with a return of Ripley, but I highly doubt that either.

It's not like she is busy working.....bring her back , I bet she will work for pennies...have Quentin call her.....LOL

I was watching a new show and Linda Hamilton is in it....looking rough but nice to see.

3 weeks later
#600 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I hope my LV will have a shaker.

Same here , if not we crank up the SUBWOOFER!!!!

#603 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If that's what is currently on the line one of those is mine!

Just around the corner are the LV's in stasis. HAHA

#630 5 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

MK6Pin made some...
[quoted image]

He needs to do another batch for all us new ALIEN buyers.

#646 5 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you're going to be in the Atlanta area, absolutely hit me up.

I will probably skip the unboxing video since it will pale next to Retrocengos awesome video, but I will absolutely take lots of pics and videos.
I just scheduled delivery w/ Fedex Freight for Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed for no rain so I can get it into the basement.

No we need a NON Arnold Unboxing...haha

#656 5 months ago

Awesome.....and Amazing Collection. Love the floors.

#658 5 months ago

Yeah, very nice collection. Is this a commercial location? Just guessing due to the parking lot and Exit sign. if so, I wish I lived near you!

I was thinking the same thing....must be a biz.

#659 5 months ago

Yeah, very nice collection. Is this a commercial location? Just guessing due to the parking lot and Exit sign. if so, I wish I lived near you!

I would actually like a EXIT door lol.....kick out dave when he has overstayed his welcome....hahahaha

#678 5 months ago

The eagle has landed! Shout out to the awesome delivery driver from FedEx Freight that brought it all the way around my house to my lower basement door. I usually have to fight with drivers to bring it to my garage (I have a kind of steep driveway).
Unboxing and setup later this afternoon.
[quoted image]

We are waiting ..................

#681 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why is it still in the box? Come on slowpoke!

yeah I would have torn the box apart...HAHAHAH.

Hell I will drive up and help out.....

1 week later
#828 5 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can usually transfer the money over to another game at Cointaker if you want- fyi

Trading my money over for " Golden Girls"

#839 5 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Checking in on opinions... are there any alien machines possibly available for the current delivery? Should I wait for the LV?
I already contacted cointaker about the LV.

Wait for the LV , I am thinking it's gonna be very cool....If not I will flip it for Gilligan's Island to Red_Devils

#842 5 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

The first quarter run has been sold out for months, and they still haven't been delivered, I'm not sure if the 2nd quarter run has sold out yet but seeing as though we are already nearing the end of the 2nd quarter I wouldn't expect to see them until September or later. Like EightBallTexas says, you may want to hold out for the LV which is expected to be revealed in a couple of months but I don't expect them to be shipped until the end of the year. But we shall see.

I can always sell my spot....LOL...NOT. I know I am in the top 30. Be a nice year end bonus if it does arrive by then or a kick start to 2022.

Golden Girls and Mel's Diner are my grail pins.

#848 5 months ago

FLO MB ...lol

#849 5 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Kiss my grits Mel!

HAHA Kiss my Grits Mode.....

#878 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wonder how many games they shipped. It wasn't the whole first quarter batch.

Tease us with a few LV features....dribble a few each month . June-July-Aug-Sept...

We should have a contest and the winner with the most correct wins the prize. We can make Red_Devils pay. HAHA

#892 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well there's still people who think RAZA is going to ship...so..I guess people need dreams.

What a mess that has been...almost 2 years ago I saw it and played it in Houston...

I dont need a PF screen. I can think of 5-6 other items to justify the 2k more..

This was a dream pin for many and that came true...LOL.

Hoping my other dream pin comes true-----The one who guesses it right get's a steak dinner at TPF.. Let's roll.

#895 5 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Harry Potter? Jaws? BTTF? Troll 2?

Nope!!!! nice guess.

#896 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it's not Evil Dead I have to write you out of the will.

Nope.. HAHA

#898 5 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Nope!!!

#916 5 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So thanks to yuriijos I got the shipping document, the name of the ship is NAVIOS INDIGO and I found where you can track this online, at the moment the ship is heading to Aliaga Turkey with a dock date of 0500 UTC so it's obvious it's not going to make it to Italy by the same day which is what is on the shipping document. As I've never tracked a ship before I was unaware that the ports shown are where it's been and not where it's going lol. You don't see the next port of call until the ship is underway. According to the shipping document the container is a 20ft one. It will dock in New York around the 6th of June with delivery to Cointaker on June 10th. Anyone on the first shipment interested in tracking the ship can find the details here...
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NAVIOS-INDIGO-IMO-9324875-MMSI-538003035
Happy Tracking

Get to work and stop staring at paint drying. Jeez ....HAHA

#918 5 months ago

Here is your ship....kinda lost in the mix....incredible.

#919 5 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Here is your ship....kinda lost in the mix....incredible.[quoted image]

even more mind blowing.. zoomed 1 x..

#930 4 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Somewhere in the Atlantic, on a boat full of pinball machines...
[quoted image]

Good one!!!!

#938 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think you mean 3 years ago..lol...I was at

Such a great scene...

Did we drink together???

#972 4 months ago

Really ????!!

AC1809A6-D147-4482-A713-B49C1B694A7B (resized).png
#987 4 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

A little amazed that someone would take the tracking information I posted here and then take it and post it in the other thread smh

public forum, called copy and paste...love both rooms....settle down.

#989 4 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Which other thread..there's only about 6 of them!

\
HAHA....correct....SMH.

#1001 4 months ago

I need my daily fix, has the ship left Spain. We need a current pic. haha

#1006 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Dont you guys wish that was the boat.....HAHA

#1007 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

The good news is it has supposedly picked up our games in Italy and is inching closer and closer to us. The bad news is it still has to stop in Spain.
[quoted image]

Shocking how much traffic is going on. Incredible to see.

#1008 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

On its way
[quoted image]

I bet he can row faster...lol

#1028 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]
Woohoo! Next port, New York on June 10th!

You guys must be getting excited. Anyone in Dallas area in the first batch? I will bring the bourbon .

#1038 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping these arrive sooner than later, in one piece, so new owners can enjoy them....

Yo yo, been awhile since we have chatted...how's life and that bad ass alien pin??

#1069 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Now we're talking!!!
Sounds like the port is backed up until June 12th so another day delay.... I can wait!
[quoted image]

You guys must be getting excited now...

1 week later
#1137 4 months ago
Quoted from Madmike:

Received my game yesterday. Setup it up last night and played a few games. Found that the left and right pop bumpers are switched, plus the upper left and right flippers stick up on occasion. Will be working on the pinout for connecting a Shaker motor today as well as a bill validator.
[quoted image]

She's going to be hungry after that brutal trip across the pond. Be careful.

#1260 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just wanted to update the room with the response I received from Pinball Brothers support, even though it took 24 hours to finally get a response I was able to do a Skype call with Cato, what a super nice friendly guy. We went through the issues on my game and found it was because of a bad Cat-5e cable, luckily I had a spare cable at home and I replaced it and boom, all the lights were now functioning, along with the trough not detecting balls and the targets not registering. I'm putting a picture in this post circling the cable that was causing all those issues for anyone else that may experience this problem.
So another note, every new game I get the first thing I do is replace the stock balls with Ball Baron carbon balls and this was no exception, but this was a strange thing, after I got off the call with PB, I played a game and I noticed that the balls were not seating correctly in the trough, this caused a lot of problems with balls not being fed for multiball, to balls not being detected drained and a never ending Sentry Guns mode. I took the Ball Baron balls out and replaced them with the stock ones and the game played normally, balls dropping in the trough as they should. I'm really scratching my head on this one. I checked the diameter of the stock compared to Ball Baron and they are identical. Unless the stock balls are somewhat heavier I'm completely lost as to why the others wouldn't work. I have asked PB if there is a difference in their balls as this could cause some headaches down the line when it's time to change the balls.
So now the game is working great and it's totally addicting, so happy I jumped on this. PB said they are still working on the software update and it's coming soon. There is a lot they are doing for the update, including updating the operating system that is under the game system, if I said that right lol, along with many bug fixes and enhancements. If this is the way the support is in the future and you have qualms about the game I would say definitely go for it! It's just too good to miss out on. The build quality of the game is fantastic, the playfield is like a sheet of glass and it sounds fantastic. Word of warning though once I turned it on the audio was set to the highest level and man was it loud the dogs ran out of the game room
One question for other owners, did anyone get a coin box? I thought it strange there wasn't one.
Thanks for reading the book lol.
Red_Devils Out...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! I am back in now. On the list for a LV. If it's really only a few items then the regular one is fine. If someone were to buy today , anyone know the time frame?? we talking 3-6 months??

Awesome update and nice shrine for all things Aliens.

#1264 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just wanted to update the room with the response I received from Pinball Brothers support, even though it took 24 hours to finally get a response I was able to do a Skype call with Cato, what a super nice friendly guy. We went through the issues on my game and found it was because of a bad Cat-5e cable, luckily I had a spare cable at home and I replaced it and boom, all the lights were now functioning, along with the trough not detecting balls and the targets not registering. I'm putting a picture in this post circling the cable that was causing all those issues for anyone else that may experience this problem.
So another note, every new game I get the first thing I do is replace the stock balls with Ball Baron carbon balls and this was no exception, but this was a strange thing, after I got off the call with PB, I played a game and I noticed that the balls were not seating correctly in the trough, this caused a lot of problems with balls not being fed for multiball, to balls not being detected drained and a never ending Sentry Guns mode. I took the Ball Baron balls out and replaced them with the stock ones and the game played normally, balls dropping in the trough as they should. I'm really scratching my head on this one. I checked the diameter of the stock compared to Ball Baron and they are identical. Unless the stock balls are somewhat heavier I'm completely lost as to why the others wouldn't work. I have asked PB if there is a difference in their balls as this could cause some headaches down the line when it's time to change the balls.
So now the game is working great and it's totally addicting, so happy I jumped on this. PB said they are still working on the software update and it's coming soon. There is a lot they are doing for the update, including updating the operating system that is under the game system, if I said that right lol, along with many bug fixes and enhancements. If this is the way the support is in the future and you have qualms about the game I would say definitely go for it! It's just too good to miss out on. The build quality of the game is fantastic, the playfield is like a sheet of glass and it sounds fantastic. Word of warning though once I turned it on the audio was set to the highest level and man was it loud the dogs ran out of the game room
One question for other owners, did anyone get a coin box? I thought it strange there wasn't one.
Thanks for reading the book lol.
Red_Devils Out...

I know you bought some mods awhile back , remind us what they are and get to work bro putting them in. It's been 24 hrs now...lol

Now that you have it and you upgraded the glass, anything else come to mind?

#1266 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yeah, got the Voodoo glass from Melissa, it's a great upgrade. I didn't really buy any "mods" per se for the machine, it's really packed as it is. the only otherr things I would like is to see if Pingraffix will be doing some of their Power blades for this machine, if not I think the dark mirror blades would look great. I have asked Melissa if she knows what shaker motor will work and where it would be powered from. I have a few more of the collectable figures from sideshow collectables just don't have a shelf right now to put them on \
I'm sure one of the mod makers will start a thread for Alien mods soon enough

I remember now ONE thng...it was a hatched egg for the pop up bumper. or did you not buy it....been like 6 months..HAA

1 week later
#1465 3 months ago

Red_Devils has them coming....we can get a nice update once installed.

#1466 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got these cool little things to see if i could find somewhere on the game to put them but they are glass...
[quoted image]

Nice , I was looking at the full collection to place on a shelf above the back box....yes leds...lol

#1476 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Wow! I'm not sure if creating a separate ticket for each issue is the way to do it. I created my one initial ticket and then piggy backed on that same ticket for all the other things I experienced (sticky targets, opto issue, etc) Cato has been fantastic in answering each and every time. But I think you are right he does need help, but where else can you get support from one of the actual programmers of the game, who's trying his best to write code and fix issues put out service bulletins and answer help tickets! It does appear that my Opto issue may in fact be a board problem after further investigation with Cato, I unplugged both connectors for the opto on board 6 and the green LED stays on, Cato said that isn't supposed to happen. he is testing/programming a new board on Monday and will ship it out to me. I mean the customer support from Pinball Brothers is excellent, sure we have to deal with the time difference and we want them to respond within minutes, but that's just human nature. I for one couldn't be happier with the level of support and if you're on the fence about ordering one of these machines, don't be. By the time yours is shipped I'm positive all these minor issues will have been addressed and you will be playing one of the best machines for theme integration and just sheer fun you can get. In the crazy current climate of pinball pricing this machine is the deal of the year for what you get for your money.

I was going to cancel my deposit for the LV and roll it into GODZILLA , but after seeing what you have posed I am staying onboard in the first round when they get made/shipped.

Sad I gotta let 2 babies go.....

#1501 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, my buddy just bought the start button. I hope he posts a pic of it soon.

well I guess I can start buying my mod now....lol.....gonna get both....why not..haha

#1510 3 months ago

Ordered and dont even have a machine.....addicts.

#1518 3 months ago

What else you got ordered?

#1523 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I didn't order these, my friend did and I plan to buy his standard when he gets his LE.
But I did just order his Hobbit arkenstone mods and shooter rod as well as his shooter rod for Hotwheels.

yeah on that list for when it will be made.....hope by end of year we will see the LV.

Sure hope they blow us away with extra for the 2k.....

#1578 3 months ago

We have some good news coming to all the new peeps enjoying this crazy ass cool PIN!!!!.

#1586 3 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Starting to feel like I already have an LV. Beacons are next on my list!
[quoted image]

That looks awesome.. do another video a little further back so we can so all the glory.

Well Done.

#1594 3 months ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

I made it to Maltese to check out the new machine. Only had a chance to watch and play a few games, but it really passed the eye test. I would have liked to have stayed and played for hours, but the family was in tow after a long, hot day at Kings Dominion Park and I had a long drive ahead.
I own a STh LE, and chuckled to see the Alien parked next to one. The pins cannot be compared in any way, I don't think.
Long story short, I love the wide body of the Alien. Build quality appears great. Flippers are light and responsive.
A beautiful machine. I want one!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Pictures......I think some mirrored blades are in my future ,would be my little tweak. I added them to GOT versus artwork and its very cool.

#1596 3 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That Alien is beautiful! I cannot wait until they reveal the LV, what a kick ass pin

three more months. Yuck

#1602 3 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I think I’m gonna go for mirror blades as well. Anyone know if the standard Bally/Williams ones will work?

Someone is making them now in the elf shops....lol.

I did the gold ones for my GOT and its strikingly beautiful.

#1603 3 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I will. I confirmed that both the START GAME and LAUNCH BALL LEDs are 12V... so I will be ordering new green 12V LEDs for both.

Vendor should add these bulbs so we don't make mistake or others don't see this thread who buy them.

#1605 3 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Another difference is the connectors on the switches are too big and the connector won't fit. I just swapped the original switches into the new buttons and they fit and work just fine. The LED connectors are fit perfectly.
I sent Bill an Email about both of these issues.

Okay I was about to do the same....I ordered mine last night.

Thanks for doing that.

#1646 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just installed the Start and Launch buttons from Bill at Super Skill Shot Shooters. As always his products are beautifully made. I had to wait for the 12v bulbs to come in from Comet before installing as brado426 noted earlier in the thread As he also stated the "lugs" for the spade connectors are smaller on the Pinball Brothers version and I just took my Dremel to shave them down a little. I did send a picture to Bill and let him know for future orders. please forgive my video, I thought by changing to "landscape" it would be better but oh well
[quoted image]

Quoted from Red_Devils:

If you mean the "skinny" targets there are 5 that were replaced. I did tell Pinball Brothers about ti and they said they are working on Version 3 of these switches. But mine are now working perfectly.
When I got the replacements I did notice that if you push them then they "could" stick I just wanted to be proactive and not take any chances that it could happen. Each one takes a few minutes to do. I did it before removing the original ones . It's so easy to remove and install pretty much anything on this game, it's made very modular. Changing the node board only took maybe 10 minutes.

Hope you dont have to do a road trip when mine arrives. you got it all down.

#1682 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've designed some custom apron cards for Alien in both green and blue tones, and wanted to make them available to Alien owners. You can see the Alien cards (and some of the others I offer) in more detail here: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/alien
Price is $10 for a pair (includes US postage, $12 for outside US), and you can order by PM'ing me for payment info.
[quoted image]

You know me by now....what's missing in this set??? lol

#1689 3 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

FYI in case youre into art.. Mondo just announced some comic con drops coming for Alien on Sunday July 25th at 1PM PST.
Art by Johnny Dombrowski
Standard Edition 24x36 $50 limited edition of 170
Variant Edition 24x36 $75 limited edition of 95.
https://mondoshop.com/pages/comic-con
Good luck if you try to go for either! Mondo stuff usually sells out in minutes!

newbie here- what's the difference between the 2 versions??

#1691 3 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice collection my friend, but can you wait a year for the Alien LV?
Maybe get the SE play the crap out of it then sell it to fund the LV, just a thought I'm considering as I've waited so long for this to be remade

I could get both.....OG and new remake.....like thelma and louise.

#1728 87 days ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Any word or rumor if they are bringing back the playfield lcd on the LV Edition? Or will it just be the powder coat, invisiglass, topper treatment?
Don't know if I want to just slap that deposit down for a standard or wait about another year for LVs.

Million Dollar question bro..

#1740 82 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Got mine today as well, they look great! Thanks Mr_Tantrum I got both colors since I couldn’t decide…
[quoted image]

I like it.

Guess its time to send tantrum more money. I must be at super Platinum level by now ..

@tantrum it's my birthday....hint hint...

#1783 80 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Was at Pinfest this weekend talked to Melissa from CoinTaker in the flesh regarding Alien LV. She claims the details / announcement will be made prior to the end of the year of officially what will be included. I'm really looking forward to adding this game to my collection. I hope that they include some nice goodies with the LV (It's assumed that beacons are coming *likely confirmed* for sure). I commend you guys as the first testers people to receive the standard edition Alien games for keeping your cool on the brand new revision of this game as they work out some kinks. From the surface it looks like Pinball Brothers are committed to standing by their products / customer support to make sure things are rectified. I'm not expecting the LV's to be perfect, but hopefully they address majority of the known initial issues prior to those shipping, as badly as I want it now, I'd rather wait for them to work things out.

Agreed 1000%!!!!!!!! I go in to the machine tinkering around will blow it up with my luck. LOL

End of the year and then a few months to ship.....so 2022 for sure...

#1835 75 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I was wondering if somebody would notice the face hugger. I got that a few years ago at the Gearbox Aliens Launch party. [quoted image]

You are 15 miles away from me....hint hint. Yes that's a self invite...HAHA.

You can come over when my LV arrives.

#1842 73 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm going with 2-4 Months Until Alien LV features reveal. October - December 2021. With LV games shipping Q1 of 2022.

I am going with Nov 20th...lol.

#1846 72 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are you randomly guessing ? Or was the date confirmed from Pinball Brothers ? Or perhaps that's when Alien Xmas came out last year...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Xmas

HAHA , I like the way you think....no just a random guess.....just so ready for the news to drop.

#1870 70 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

djsoup TinyBlackDog I am so sorry that you guys are having major issues. My game is playing at as near 100% as it can. I feel very lucky compared to you guys. I am running the V2.2A beta version of the software like I think brado426 is and I'm really happy to report that it has fixed the attract mode non responsive issues I had. If the machine was in attract mode for a long period of time it would essentially lock up and not allow you to start a game. but with this beta version Cato seems to have solved that problem. I'm just waiting on the Gen 3 skinny targets to be finished and I need to try and add a thicker piece of foam for the MUTHER scoop as mine will not feed to the flipper consistently. I did have time over the weekend to change the rubbers on the machine and went with the translucent green for all the posts and flippers and clear for the rings. I think it turned out really well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Awesome.....only one thing it needs, well maybe 2-3. HAHA

The left ramp needs a Tantrum bad ass sticker. You know I love me some stickers and cards.

#1885 69 days ago

Good to hear, us LV guys are living vicariously thru you early adopters.

#1940 65 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Same here on the MUTHER kickout, no flying balls but don't get a nice feed to the flipper. I have reported it to Cato also and he says they are working on a fix for it.
My drop targets have been perfect since I unboxed the game. I know that HurryUpPinball had an issue with them on one of his streams but he said he fixed them also.
On a higher note, my machine is sitting on a cart right now. I have just sent all the armor out for powder coating and when I get it back I'll post the pics of the color I went with, it's going to look great!
[quoted image]

Pinshield has the larger WB covers. Cmon bro....use that one for Halloween...haha.

#1986 63 days ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Emailed PB....quick response but no info given on release of the LV edition.

I am prepping myself for next year early spring before I see my LV. Any sooner it's a bonus.

#2030 59 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

-
Thanks . pasting here for the "not-so-patiently" waiting .
[quoted image]

16 days at sea. How do these guy do it. Hope they have a game room...haha.

Videos and reading .........

I wonder how many are onboard? I bet it's low.

#2076 57 days ago

So us early birds who put down deposits months ago are also paying the increase or only new buyers???

Yeah be nice for some transparency as stated above. This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

#2078 57 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All that may be true but $800?! With Covid spiking again and governments tapped out on the stimulus spicket, many of us are going to have to reevaluate these purchases.
My job isn't guaranteed and I'm not getting 10% raises year over year to keep up with these never ending price hikes and inflationary pressures everywhere.
My issue is more about how they announced it. Acknowledge it, address it, and move on.

Agreed!!!!!

#2085 57 days ago

Price increase was inevitable and every manufacturer is doing it. JJP bumped the price of GNR LE by $1k overnight, very early in the run. Stern has an upcoming price hike that is supposed to be significantly larger than their typical annual price bump.
Cato shared some of their frustrations with me on electronic components - one particular component, that is used in many parts of the machine, went up 50x overnight. I've seen similar things first hand when I tried to order a run of assembled PCBs from China - the component prices went up so much compared to a year ago that I thought there was a typo. This is happening in every industry right now.
It does have me rethinking my plan to upgrade my SE to an LV. It will really have to knock my socks off.

yes sir....agreed as well.

Might have to use my $1500 deposit for the new gilligan's island.

#2088 57 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

"Earth moving" Lol, I really don't see it, on the initial launch they said the only differences with the LV would be cosmetic, game play would be identical to the SV, I don't see $3k worth of "extras" being worth it IMO

No, that was the price from Cointaker, was in the advertised price and even though it shipped months later than promised they still held the same shipping price. Kudos to Cointaker for holding their promise on shipping price.

It will be amazing for the 3k more.....lighted side cabinets with storage for beer, 6 subwoofers, larger screen, signed plaque from SW worth 2k , smoke machine and a dripping goo side mod that spits it at you during game play......LOL

#2097 57 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea, I'd hate to bother Melissa but I was on the first list and rolled my ~1500 into LV#2 but since it's been pushed back further...I can only assume we have to pay the higher price. Shoulda kept my OG, grabbed the SE, paid my 1 dollar on a LV and sold the SE lol, or buy another OG...it's looking more affordable! haha

Yeah I did the same thing as you....LV 20-ish or so...gonna be a 12 month wait for final product from our deposits date....damn who woulda thought...

Not bailing until the announcement and hope it's more than just cosmetics....

#2101 57 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah same here but nowadays 10 K for a game is the norm and since I owned it before it’s a great game! Maybe I can ask Melissa back 1499 lol So I can make interest on that money for another year LOL

I think we will be all good when we hear the news.....just want my 3k topper...lol.

#2104 57 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

To justify the cost, powder coating, glass, and beacon toppers alonr aren't going to cut it. It also needs the aftermarket upgraded apron that some have been buying and something else. A number and signed whatever isn't going to hack it.

We are working on the Apron , waiting on the prototype to arrive to test and then move forward.

#2105 57 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Looks like I get my Alien delivered Monday! Finally!

make a video from when the truck arrives till you turn it on.....we need distractions.....lol

#2146 55 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Nope , no truck yet ... maybe if i look out the window every 10 minutes it will arrive faster?

Did you take the day off ??? I would...haha

#2148 55 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Luckily , i dont have to take the day off to do this. Fearing a delay until monday at this point. That has only happened once in the NIB experience.
I have a tech coming to fix any potential issues and help me move some pins around.

Okay keep looking out that window...we need first contact pics asap...lol

#2150 55 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Dolly ready and in position? … Check

Cold beer and Alien Steaks ready!!!!!!!!

#2154 55 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Not unless we went through a time warp to Sept. 24:

We can only wish.....

#2161 54 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Playing great so far .. needed to adjust egg bumpers , flipper sticky and updating code to see if it improves ball grabbing and mutha kickout (a little wonky!
long live Alien!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats - So Jelly. Enjoy Enjoy.

#2163 54 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Morning Muthas
[quoted image]
previous high was 90M

I am coming over for 4-5 hours to play. Do I need to bring anything??

#2190 53 days ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I had issue with apc drop targets not registering. Cato sent me a board 6 replacement and it's been fine since.

How does CATO keep up? I want to buy him a drink one day. What a superstar.

#2195 53 days ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Edit: I just joined without looking at any of the latest posts on this thread and I mentioned watching paint dry. Then I notice all these posts from “drypaint.” This was not aimed in any way at him! Hahah.

Welcome to the PARTY!!!!!

#2207 52 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

When all is said and done I'm curious to know how much extra $$ PB is spending on these care packages. It explains the price increase as I'm sure it's hurting their bottom line and they're not making the profits they were expecting.

Postage and handling and faster deliveries are not cheap.

#2209 52 days ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Just took delivery on my game as well!! Help getting it in the house can't come fast enough
[quoted image]

On my way.....lol.

Congrats.

#2210 52 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It has arrived!!![quoted image]

Always nervous watching them drop that ramp...lol

#2219 52 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

These pins have weird serial numbers.

Explain as some of us are living the excitement thru you guys.

#2282 49 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

I dropped a screw today when I was replacing my broken flipper bat and couldn't find it for an hour. I lowered, raised, and shook the playfield, moved wires, and swore. I finally gave up and got another equivalent screw in the garage as much as I didn't want to power on the game without finding where that screw had landed. Lowered the playfield for the final time to turn on the game and the friggin' screw fell out from somewhere. WTH???? I still have no idea where it was.... stuck under the playfield somewhere!!!

But what a great feeling that is.....so minor and 1st world issues...HAHA

#2315 47 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had the same problem so I 3D printed this thing to help keep the ball from bouncing back into the trough. Original is on the right

Nicely Done.

#2317 47 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Sell them. lol...I will buy one!

I will take 2. Back up as I will be playing the shit out of this PIN.

#2320 47 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Order some pinballs to. The ones that come with it are a little sketch..I also changed out the plastic leg protectors for steel ones and felt protectors.

Please share where and model numbers of those 3 items.

Good call on the balls for sure....I am rolling now with gold ones ...HAHA

Thanks.

#2325 47 days ago
Quoted from RussG:

I had a set of each of these in my inventory in waiting. Ha!
But thank you.
What balls are you all using? Standards, right? Not super shineys, because of the magnets in the game?

Funny thing all the items I will have in waiting before my LV arrives.....Addicts all of us....HA

#2334 47 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I added my polk 10 inch woofer with my pinnovators kit and what a difference. Like playing in the pinball in the movie theater experience.
Totally worth it.

Send us a 60sec video.....

#2406 44 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Alien Ruleset/Guide Link.... some were asking for this. Not sure if everything is 100% port from HW to PB.. check it out.
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

Very Nice rule sheet. Love the colors and images.

#2463 42 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Man I hate this game
[quoted image]

Holy Shit.....Game over MAN. Impressive.

#2468 42 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

682 of those were with the glass off troubleshooting

ouch...that was too soon...HAHA

#2566 37 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Showed up a day early![quoted image]

Congrats Man, send more pictures.

#2579 36 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I updated with a USB inside lower cabinet. You don't have to take off the back glass.
That back glass is a pain in the ass and am not going to take it off much..lol

Nice Find. Send us a pic if you can.

#2581 36 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

Ah.... I never saw those ports before. I'll use those from now on. Nice find!
[quoted image]

Thanks for the Picture. I cant wait 10 more days.....lol

#2587 36 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It will only work if you have this USB Stick...
10-DAYS Until LV Announcement !!! So pumped for this game!!!
[quoted image]

$40 bucks for that...ouch...haha

#2589 36 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, same here. I thought I was doing it wrong at first

Other than getting to the USB is there any other reason to take it off. On my machines from stern I am always back there...lol.

Nice find seeing them in cabinet and not the back box.

#2599 36 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was a nice thing to find out right before I went to update. Much more convenient. Don't have to remove the bg, or the glass. I'm on 2.2D now. Honestly 2.2 hadn't given me any issues after 3 or so hours of play. I had 1 stuck ball behind the right ramp so far. On 2.2D code, the Xeno magnet performs MUCH better. Only missed once out of 6 or so times.
I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.
For those on the fence, this is probably the most recent built machine (that's been delivered so far) and build wise it seems pretty solid. I did a bit of research, and it came with v2 targets. I will be honest...I'm not really clear why these were 'cleared' to be used. That being said, as I mentioned above, before I ever turned the game on I fiddled with them and got them to click as best as they would, and so far no issues, shots seem to be registering fine. I am sure over time they will need re-adjusted. I noticed on the PB forums that v3 are on hold
So far, I'm happy. Nothing majorly annoying preventing play in the first 6 hours or so. One thing I wonder is why the callouts/sounds for slings and APC hits isn't a bit more dramatic. They are barely audible and lackluster. Seems like whatever sound is being given to them needs changed.

Sounds like we need a super kit from @Pinwooffer and some LEDS options in the BG. I know a guy....haha

#2601 36 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

BG definitely needs a LED light strip. Anyone have any ideas on where to connect it or maybe one with a USB to just plug into the ports right there in the back box?

We can ask Cato....that dude will answer and help with anything. Who knows maybe he has some update on that.

#2617 35 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

We need a before and after pic....I am sure it now pops.

#2639 35 days ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

So hard to decide, so I didn't! I have one of each on order.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump on the last few spots for the " Apron of all Aprons" Game Over Man!!!!..haha