b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropgems.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5968 2 years ago

Anyone know approx how far out deliveries are on standards from cointaker? Thx

2 months later
#7613 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

If you have the cash Id say go with LV. I have an SV and I was tempted to sell on to order the LV for the following reasons:
-Shaker
-2 step flipper buttons!!!
-more lighting
-art blades (not made yet for sale)
-beacons tied in
-art package is very cool
-backbox lighting (I think??)
Still love the SV, but I will have to install backbox lighting, side lighting etc. on my own, already half the cost of the LV upgrades right there. Plus there is no way to tie Shaker, Beacons, 2 step flippers into the SV at this time, MAYBE in the future Im told..

Just got an sv about to be delivered. So I can’t add a shaker?

#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

At this time SV's are shipped with firmware .56 , LVs are .57 (or higher?), and you need the upgraded firmware to add function for Beacons, Shaker, 2-step flipper buttons. At the moment the upgraded firmware is not publically available for SV owners to upgrade, you wont be able to add a shaker until they release it

Ahhh okay. That’s fine. I assume it’s likely just a matter of time though, right? 2 stage flippers and beacons are nice but my main thing is the shaker. I prefer the subtle SV aesthetics personally.

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Seriously the game doesn't really even need a shaker. The sub does a pretty good job.

Word? Okay that’s good to know. I might just throw invisglass on it and call it a day then.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This a new shipment? I was supposedly getting one of the next SVs and im not far from you. Melissa call you to let you know its ready?

No bought a used one that supposedly works perfectly out the gate. Was kinda worried after reading all the issues etc.

#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You might not even need that. Alien has one of the best looking glass sheets I've seen on a 'non-invis' game. It looks like it has something on it, but I can't say for certain as I haven't seen an LV to compare. It's not 100% non-reflective, but since the game is overall darker than other games, it is not that noticeable.

Yea I love the super darkness of the sv over the brighter lv.

#7640 1 year ago

I’m buying an sv sight unseen having never played it but watched plenty of vids and the immersion seems off the charts. I was really looking for atmosphere and intensity.

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m looking to trade my LE for a Big Lebowski, BBB plus cash or straight up sale. It’s working though I do not want the headache.

This post kinda scares me lol. Just bought an sv.

#7662 1 year ago

anybody get one without any tweaks and adjustments needed? I have limited time and tools on site to be constantly fixing and adjusting and researching. Kinda nervous.

#7664 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There's a big difference between getting a machine that didn't need any adjustments and one that needs constant fixing. There seem to be a reasonable number of machines out there now that don't need "constant fixing" but that's not to say that the owners haven't had to make some simple adjustments (whether they be via settings or something mechanical).

Yea I get that. I don’t mean dialing the game in settings wise and leveling etc. I mean a bunch of diy fixes to make it shoot right I guess.

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Hey there everyone , im joining the alien club pretty soon/ when ever the next shipment of sv's arrive , I can seem to find what the total width is of the pin is when it's set up ?

Yea I need to know this too. Worried about it fitting in my building elevator. Have a used one on its way. I fit a dialed in and shadow in the elevator vertically with the legs on so I’m wondering if Alien would fit. Might have to take the legs off.

#7726 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I can't believe people haul pins vertically with the legs still on! Just wondering why!

Crst shipping picks games up with the legs on. They place the games on rollers and roll them (for me anyways). You just tilt it vertically to get in the elevator for 2 mins. It’s no big deal really.

1 week later
#7924 1 year ago

Back glass key. Bought a used sv. Backglass cylinder key came broke in half. Are these keys specific to each game or generic? I emailed PB, waiting to hear back.

4 months later
#10305 1 year ago

Who designed this? I thought it was Nordsman for some reason the entire time lol. It’s not though right?

1 week later
#10597 1 year ago

Anyone have the weight on this pin? Is it a beast or no? I’m picking one up next week on a 300lb rated dolly. Thx!

#10600 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I actually thought this felt lighter than a Stern and MUCH lighter than a Spooky or JJP which is really surprising considering it’s impressive girth haha. Really a well engineered and efficient build.

Ok good to know. Because my dolly I bought is small and weak because I’m cheap af lol.

#10663 1 year ago

Hey so just fired up my game and it won’t just launch one ball. It launches 2 or like multiple balls. Help?

#10679 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Are they stock or replacement balls? Are balls getting stuck in the trough (magnetic or just not rolling down maybe?). When you launch a ball, lean over and look down the 'drain' into where the balls sit, does the row move down quickly or stick in place? Or possibly your shooter-lane switch is sticking?

Thx man. That definitely was it. Balls were bunched up in the trough. There were 2 diff kinds of balls in there (shiny and dull). Currently using 4 balls instead of 6 to play.

#10684 1 year ago

Super noob question… how do you get the backglass on, I can’t push the cylinder in on mine when it’s installed. Top goes in first right? Then bottom? Key in? And when I try and push the cylinder in it won’t go.

#10687 1 year ago

Been playing for a few days now. I’m a beast and like hard games but this game might be the most frustrating. I can hit all the shots but the outlanes (both of them actually), totally destroy me. There’s so much cross playfield bouncing that it’s super rough (unless I’ve just been really unlucky). Once you go into the left outlane (which can happen so quick), it’s over. I guess you have to just play serious defense and grab revives for left drains? Right lane I’ve gotten crushed too a decent amount but at least you can recover there. Totally love the game though and all the shots!

#10691 1 year ago

Does your guys game start with revive lit in the outlanes? Also are the mode times really short? I’m on code 2.4 on my sv and I think everything is set to default. I’ve seen vids where people start with revives though. Thx.

#10697 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There are a lot of adjustments so you can tweak the game to behave how you like. I believe the default (Medium) difficulty has one Revive lane lit at start of game. I believe default mode times should mostly be 45 seconds, except for APC which has a per-shot timer that is shorter (15 seconds?). Don't be afraid to play with the settings, that's why they're there!

Yea mine has no revives on start. Was wondering if it was my code or if mine was on the hardest settings. Have to double check but the game was brutally hard.

#10724 1 year ago

Jesus no wonder why I hated the game. Just looked at settings and all of them were set to extra hard with min ball saves times. I was thinking this was the most brutal game ever and it prob was for the weekend that I played it. Was getting so heated lol. Just changed back to factory default.

#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Jesus no wonder why I hated the game. Just looked at settings and all of them were set to extra hard with min ball saves times , etc. friggin papa settings over here. I was thinking this was the most brutal game ever and it prob was for the weekend that I played it. Was getting so heated lol. Just changed back to factory default.

#10731 1 year ago

Upper right flipper is permanently stuck up. Help pls… Noob at fixing pinball shit.

#10734 1 year ago

Ok thx guys. Will check and report back. So if it won’t spring back, I can fix it without buying a new part (spring), correct?

2 weeks later
#11089 1 year ago

My 2nd flipper return spring busted. Does it matter what springs I use for a replacement? Any recommendations?

#11111 1 year ago

Does a shaker or invisglass add anything to this game? I have an sv. Bass seems to really kick so shaker might be redundant and game is so dark not sure it needs the glass but just wondering if it enhances the experience.

#11117 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Bass and speakers are very good on this game but it would be nice to add a shaker. I get Pinball Bros included one on the LV but a shaker shouldn't be a premium only option. If we want to add and pay for one, they should make one available for purchase.

Oh, I didn’t know we couldn’t just add one. Because I was thinking about it.

#11128 1 year ago

Was having a killer game and then started multiball and the tip of the Alien tongue stuck to the ball and came off. I haven’t lifted up the glass yet but hoping this just screws back in? Just checking if there is a protocol…

#11139 1 year ago

This is easily the most immersive game
I’ve played. I purposely got the sv because of the pitch black vibe. It was hard to play at first but now im totally used to the dark. It’s just nuts. It’s funny because I hated the game at first. It was set to extra hard and I thought it was the default settings and I was getting killed (I’m good at pinball). No revives, mode timer short af, 2 sec ball saves etc. I was screaming at this game! I even put it up for sale. Then I finally realized it was on extra hard and went back to factory. Now it’s like my fav game. I hated the super lightweight flipper button feel too but now I’m totally used to them.

#11143 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Wow, that's interesting to hear as I'm in the same boat. NOT that I "hate" the game or anything but I got my LV about a month ago (I'm a huuuuge ALIEN franchise fan) and even though I do concur with the immersive part, the lighting/sounds are great, the gameplay is kinda...meh. The shots are a little slow, the modes are fine but not too different from each other and even the multiballs are fine, but not very memorable. The reason I bought the LV was because I was sure I'd keep it for a long time, but I don't find myself "going back to the game" too much, which is unfortunate. I don't think my settings are set to "difficult" but I'll check that out. Either way, I might consider selling in the next 6 months as BOND and CC look a lot more fun to play.

Yea I love it now and can totally destroy it. I also get it flowing like crazy. Shots are all super satisfying and many are really hard but makeable. Dialing the game in was pretty key and changing the settings to default where I wasn’t just cursing out the game lol.

I do have a Bond LE on order and also wanted a CC but Alien is like my current fav now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11148 1 year ago

Couple things I need to tweak (I’m sure it’s been asked a dozen times) but advice would be appreciated…

Spinner rejects fix?

Pop bumpers not registering enough (to destroy the eggs I gotta shoot them in there like 20 times just to blow 1 up lol)?

1 xeno target is super loose and bouncing around vs the one next to it that is springy?

Thx.

#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The Zeno hits sometimes triggers the magnet to fling the ball around ,is it this your talking about ?

No my right xeno target when you touch it moves and is super loose.

#11192 1 year ago

Yea what does the secret scoop shot do? Is there code for it? Mine doesn’t start modes.

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

If the ball enters the scoop from the back/orbit, I think older versions of the code treat it as a normal scoop shot so will start modes (mine does this, as I'm not on the latest version). I believe they may have removed that in later code versions though.

Yea I’m on 3.0. No mode start.

#11195 1 year ago

Also what extra magnet do we have vs HW? I thought we both have 2 magnets?

#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Was changed in Version 2.7
Game Changes:
Fixed spinner only scoring on every other spin.
Increased LED brightness on Hypersleep super jackpots.
Fixed airlock shot being scored on ball entering from back.
Fixed jaw not immediately closing sometimes at end of ball.
Added light shows for Special and Extra Ball.

HW version did not have the magnet in the chestburster lane or the rear entrance to the scoop.

Didn’t HW have a magnet in the pop bumper area though above where PB chestburster magnet is?

#11199 1 year ago

So my alien tongue magnet came off again for like the 3rd time this week. I screwed it back in with the sleeve still attached the prior times, should I remove the sleeve to do this? I don’t think I got it to fully tighten as if you over tightened it appeared to have gotten loose again. Any suggestions? Thx!

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

The ball can now go into the scoop from behind it. Really opens up the options and play style of the game by offering two ways of accomplishing that very important shot.

Yea but there’s no code for it currently right?

#11224 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Ok, whoever made those 3D printed flipper button tensioners, THANK YOU. I installed clear spring-less flipper buttons to all my pins that I light up with leds. They felt soft, until I added the tension mod. Now they feel like all my other pins. PERFECT! Highly recommended.

Uhh link for this?

1 week later
#11301 1 year ago

Update on my fixes:

Tongue magnet falling off a bunch - used lock-tite threadlocker on the screw that wasn’t really catching onto anything. Waiting for it to cure currently before testing. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Spinner rejects - did some bending and I got to stay upright. Haven’t tested it yet with balls but by hand it isn’t going into the rejection position after adjusting.

Loose xeno target - took out target. screws were just loose. Fixed.1

Balls magnetized - had 2 out of 6 balls that were chromed out and not carbon that were prob screwing with the game. Switched them out.

Pop bumpers not registering enough - just realized I forgot to do this fix when I was in there. lol

Can’t wait to play this epic game more dialed in.

#11302 1 year ago

Anyone recommend a wide body invisible glass for decent price? Thinking about adding it to my sv. Thx!

#11305 1 year ago

How often is the chestburster magnet supposed to catch? It kinda seems random and inconsistent, is there a method here that I’m missing?

#11323 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Damn this buggy game! Vsn 3.0
During a multiball session after a playing a number of games the sound went off and the machine stopped responding during the game. Very annoying as this was a good and high scoring game (for me).
I have sent PB the debug file.

This happened to me like twice on ver 3.0

#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

I got some Voodoo glass from FlipperFreak (Nitro Pinball). Shipping can be a downer.

Jesus man, you weren’t kidding with that shipping….

#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

cointaker has voodoo glass with standard flat rate shipping of 35 bucks. at least that is what the website says.

Good looks!

#11348 1 year ago

Just played first game with pop bumpers actually registering more than 1 out of 20 hits. Uhh totally destroyed the game. default settings… Save newt, all out war then halfway through to final wizard mode again. Played for like 45 mins. Kinda sad. Feel like I conquered the game. What else is there to see? Is more code coming? Might have to change settings to harder.

Love the game and might be my fav game yet.

#11351 1 year ago

Yea the code is deep and amazing and there’s tons to do, really. The pops not being active enough was limiting me (mostly not getting enough hyper sleep shots plus completing egg modes etc) Once I tweaked the leaf switches on the pops, it took the game and me to a whole other level. Stacking all the multi’s and just destroying, it must’ve been 45 mins of total annihilation and I saw everything in that one game. Love the game.

#11352 1 year ago

Still having bugs btw every day on 3.0. Black screen on start up, random no sound games, game stops, etc.

#11373 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

It took a while to dial my game in! Once I did this is an amazing game. The only pin I’ve been playing in my collection the past 4 months. Lol. Such a great game

Same dude. Game is like the best game when it’s totally dialed in!

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That would be this bundle of joy
[quoted image]

Is this mod still avail and easy to install or crazy? I have an sv.

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Is this apron mod still avail and easy to install or crazy? I have an sv.

#11424 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Question is it pretty normal when you hit the last shot for Ambush multiball for the magnet to not capture the bass. It seems that it happens a few times now. I assume this is normal.

Mine catches like 75% of the time.

#11430 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Are you taking about the apron or the chestburster mod ?

Apron but what’s the chestburster lane mod do?

#11447 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Chestburster is the target up by the upper right flipper .Where the magnet catches the ball and drops for the side ramp shot (hypersleep) .The hypersleep MB is key to big scores imo .That white 3D print replaces what PBs had in there ,they look similar to each other it’s just the shape .Basically it helps the ball roll along the rail steady for a clean shot .Some say you lose a lot of bumper action there as the original was more open .I’d say you lose a little but I like the trade off .I can always throw the other back in if I want .[quoted image]

Interesting. I recently sprayed my game down with wizards mist n shine and I nail the hypersleep a lot. Not sure i need the mod.

#11492 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think it's a good machine so far. Haven't figured out all the rules yet, but it's coming. 5 days in now and i'm playing a fair bit of it, but one of the greatest ever?
Not for me, it's not there with Attack From Mars, Deadpool or Tron. Maybe i need more time on it, but i never felt that way about Tron when it got here, i knew it was here to stay within a couple of days.

I had a Tron LE and loved it. Alien is better overall when you get it totally dialed in. Takes a while to warm up to though, I hated it at first and now it’s like my fav game.

#11493 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Something weird just happened. I completed Bug Hunt on my second ball and when i shot into the scoop the game reset and started a new game from scratch on the existing ball.
code is 3.0.

Yea there’s some glitches on 3.0. This happened to me like twice.

#11573 1 year ago

Is there a setting to get the xeno magnet to grab the ball more? Used to grab a lot more, might’ve had diff setting from prior owner and reset to factory and something changed. Thx!

#11659 1 year ago

So wait, what’s the latest code and firmware for the SV? I’m on 3.0 and .56

#11698 1 year ago

Anyone have this happen?

6772C89D-5B42-4F34-A924-040CB5CB4D96 (resized).jpeg6772C89D-5B42-4F34-A924-040CB5CB4D96 (resized).jpeg
#11702 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yikes the A drop target is installed ass backwards

Lol yea I just realized this. I thought it just got smashed

#11712 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I don't think it is as the back of the target isn't flat (has ribs to strengthen the target). In the pic the artwork is on the front of the target and the target face is flat. To me it looks like the target was deformed during manufacturing, unless the top of the target is partially broken and leaning forward but I can't see any stress/fracture on the side of the target

Yea I don’t know if it is either. When I get back to my game I’ll have to check. Target wasn’t like that before though and definitely got smashed with a ball since I last played it.

#11714 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you manage to soft lob it to the target, it generally will catch it, unfortunately though, that requires planning

Yea increasing the magnet strength doesn’t matter either right?

#11932 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Updated to 3.1 and .71 today and it couldn't have been simpler. No issues yet. Who would have thought there was a software fix to the noisy xeno?

Really? Can’t wait to update

#11996 1 year ago

I got the SV intentionally. Wanted the dark cold ambiance vibe. Also prefer the art. I’d take the shaker and two stage flippers though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropgems.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=dropgems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.