IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I'm in on the standard, if it turns out alright I'll move it and then get the LE. good luck to all of us, will be quite the ride.

I'm doing the same haha

3 months later
#546 3 years ago

Finally - a video that actually shows the alien eat the ball. Never gets old for me.

Those ramps are the nicest I’ve seen on a new machine ever.

1 week later
#605 2 years ago

***joining in the other club thread to this. Website rules will be updated to reflect what just happened, which makes sense to me.***

So I received an update from Pinball Brothers regarding my question around hooking up the beacons. For those new, the OG LE came with them and other SE owners installed them as the code during certain modes will turn them on and they look great.

Rather disappointing but they said they haven't tested or discussed the beacons for the remake so they have no instructions. Personally, I'm not sure why that's the case and probably shows how short term these plans have been (focusing on getting standards first) but I still bought a pair on ebay assuming we'll have someone smarter than me figure out how to plug them into the remake as the code already has it built in.....

On a side note, I'm impressed that documentation has already been created for this game about how things hook up, hardware etc. Already a step ahead of the OG release. And those shiny ramps? Damn they have to be the nicest ramps I've ever seen in a pinball game.

Pumped

#645 2 years ago

Guys - from my experience, these are the beacons that work perfect. They did on the OG and apparently were the stock used by HW pinball (although I can’t say for certain). What I can say for certain is that they worked on OG and hopefully they do here too

4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral ABS 10W 12VDC-220VAC

ebay.com link: itm

Great to hear about the 4 arriving. Look forward to hearing and seeing more.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

12V? We don't really know what voltage we are going to need for this since we don't know what we'll be connecting to is the issue I see.

Yeah I was only going off of OG. That was 12. Hoping it’s the same.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Yes it plays rather fast. It feels faster and has more flow than heighway version which sounds odd I know. But i cant help but think that the monitor in playfield slows down the ball, Ive played both now and I definitely like the pinball brothers version better. I have got the ball stuck twice due to air balls under the right ramp and above right upper flipper. There is a small curve in the plastic right before the right upper flipper assembly and a ball cradles perfectly there. The 2nd spot is just to the right of the upper right flipper under the wireform between it and the plastic piece below it. That happened during multiball and ricocheted off flipper and bounced and lodged right under wireform. It might just be a level adjustment front to back. Other than that its been preforming quite nicely. I had it set on family mode which seems to leave out the rescue newt and bleeps out any language. Still tinkering around with settings to see what else is cut in family mode. Speakers were connected correctly and sound good, ive found a nice setting at 12 for our store that engages you and sets the mood for the game in modes like find jonsey which is a cool mode. I adjusted the trough strength down a bit as that ball flys out into the lane and sometimes bounced back in trough. (Most manufacturers have them standardly set high and it seems on some machines like sterns to wear out the shooter lane faster with higher power settings)I had to adjust the flipper button switches as they were way to close together and we very touchy at first but now are spot on. The ball launch is much smoother than heighway version too The physical ball lock is cool too and doesnt slow down game play. The magnet above the right upper flipper is great addition and be ready for it to accelerate your ball back down on either magnet (other one in front of xenomorph)during gameplay which can catch you off guard but is definitely a welcome distraction. I will keep playing and let u all know what else i find as more average customers will be playing it tomorrow and you never know how they are going to play the game especially if this is their 1st time trying it out.

Appreciate the feedback - keep it coming! So glad to see these games coming in. Mine can’t be far away. You know for sure I will be posting impressions especially how the new one compares to old. It will be fair no doubt from me! That’s an interesting point though on the lack of PF screen resulting in faster gameplay. I would believe it. There def was friction caused by the PF. Not saying I rather not have it but good observation.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry! im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can
Pinball Brothers Alien Pinball Xenomorph adjustment update, video nr 3

Great video however that Xeno is still not working 100%. The first test it ate the ball as expected but the jaw should close, not remain open. The second time (at the end of the video) it ate the ball correctly (open for tongue, jaw closes after it eats it).

I must say it’s a little disappointing that this mech is not 100% out of the box considering it always had issues in the OG however from what I understand, yours was a very early/proto maybe and the ones coming out work well? Interested to hear how other owners experience it.

pballjunkie - let us know how yours reacts. Does the jaw close after it eats it. Looks odd with the mouth just stuck open during MB.

PF looks so smooth / like glass! I did see some odd dimpling by the xeno magnet, although might have been the glare. Appreciate the content.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The eagle has landed! Shout out to the awesome delivery driver from FedEx Freight that brought it all the way around my house to my lower basement door. I usually have to fight with drivers to bring it to my garage (I have a kind of steep driveway).
Unboxing and setup later this afternoon.
[quoted image]

Hell yes!

#701 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Played his for 2 hours yesterday. Played ambush 4 times and it ate the ball twice. I believe it closed the mouth at least once. I didn’t know it was supposed to do that so I want to say the first time it didn’t close. The other two times, the magnet didn’t grab the ball, so the xeno ate nothing.

Very interesting. Thanks for the update. I wonder if it’s software or hardware related. To me it sounds like hardware.

TinyBlackDog - thanks for sharing! Hopefully your flood is taken care of. That’s no fun.

Any feedback on your xeno? Is it working well?

Congrats to PB and also Cointaker for delivering on this....again. Excited to see more.

I was thinking would mirror side blades work well on this game. It would pick up all of the lights and make it a little brighter too although I’m just not sure it fits aesthetically.

#710 2 years ago

the chrome is starting to grow on me although I'm still prob powdering it. For the guys with their games - are those just general bally williams

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not chrome. It’s rough brushed metal. Like exactly how it came from the manufacturer that cut them. Haha

yeah you're right. Damn. Yeah it will likely be powdered. I'm assuming it's standard bally williams parts on there (lockdown bar, side armor, etc)

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Read my mind. Already been searching for lollypop rails to swap those to (for me) correct black powder coat on arrival. That was the Only stand out must fix I seen when the game was introduced. Getting the strobes you suggested and hope to see my game soon.

Did you find ones that will work? I want to order as well. Thanks!

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Remember the lockdown bar has latches and not the standard W/B sliding lock mech. So, you would have to get a new wide body receiver then.

D'oh!

That's a good point.

Also I would like more art too and trade with no lollis.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When is the container full of games suppose to ship? Sure hope they address some of these issues before sending more.

Last I heard from Melissa, she was confirming with them the latest on where things were. Not the best answer but it feels like the next two weeks or so. We’ll see.

Nicest ramps I’ve seen on pinball - they should all look like that

2 weeks later
#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So thanks to yuriijos I got the shipping document, the name of the ship is NAVIOS INDIGO and I found where you can track this online, at the moment the ship is heading to Aliaga Turkey with a dock date of 0500 UTC so it's obvious it's not going to make it to Italy by the same day which is what is on the shipping document. As I've never tracked a ship before I was unaware that the ports shown are where it's been and not where it's going lol. You don't see the next port of call until the ship is underway. According to the shipping document the container is a 20ft one. It will dock in New York around the 6th of June with delivery to Cointaker on June 10th. Anyone on the first shipment interested in tracking the ship can find the details here...
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NAVIOS-INDIGO-IMO-9324875-MMSI-538003035
Happy Tracking

deja vu from my OG delivery! Love tracking boats. Thanks OP.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Finally, this tug boat is on its way to Italy. Should be there on the 30th. Maybe by mid-June it will be in the US.
[quoted image]

little do they know that lunatic pinball collectors are tracking their boat every step of the way! Love it.

1 week later
#1045 2 years ago

Well officially have my spot free’d up now for alien to arrive. Perfect timing. I believe this is the week it’s expected to dock right?

Edit - June 11th it looks like

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NAVIOS-INDIGO-IMO-9324875-MMSI-538003035

1 week later
#1080 2 years ago

Any update/thoughts from owners about installing the Beacons?

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yup looks that way https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/the-forgotten-shipping-pallet-is-staging-a-pandemic-era-rally
I was aware of world wide shortages of construction timber but it looks like timber for pallets is also impacted. It must have made loading the container with pinball machines (minus a pallet) damn hard

I can confirm as well. Mine hasn’t been shipped bc of this either. I am local though so it’s really on me as I could drive and grab it. About 4 hrs away but work is just too busy right now. Hoping it still gets shipped on Friday or Monday.

As for the OG alien cabinet, I never thought it looked bad. The head is definitely weird but overall, it looks fine and the lit up side art on the outside is a nice touch.

#1172 2 years ago

random but does the game come with apron cards or no?

#1195 2 years ago

Never gets old to look at that. Amazing.

#1198 2 years ago

Without the original side art cutouts, we no longer need to worry about retrofitting art blades and EL wire in the new version. I’m expecting the side blade companies to offer those lit up side blades they have for other games in here for alien. Would be a match made in heaven. I’ve already emailed them as well. For now, I might put mirrors in it to see how that looks. The reflection might show off the light effects well. Then I can just remove them and put in cool side art when they become available.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue... At first I thought it was a software issue, but tonight I did some debugging and the problem is that the ball lock is sticking and not going up when a ball is in it. Without a ball, it works fine.

Has anyone else seen this issue? The hard part of fixing this is I don't know for sure how it is supposed to be. I have the playfield adjusted to 6.5 degrees, but the tilt detector seems to be hanging off-center.... so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the leveling or if leveling could even cause such an issue.
Any suggestions appreciated.

I have no idea as I haven’t received mine yet but those are the nicest ramps I’ve ever seen in a pinball game. Damn they are sexy

As for the lock, keep us posted as I’m sure others might have a similar issue

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just wanted to update the room with the response I received from Pinball Brothers support, even though it took 24 hours to finally get a response I was able to do a Skype call with Cato, what a super nice friendly guy. We went through the issues on my game and found it was because of a bad Cat-5e cable, luckily I had a spare cable at home and I replaced it and boom, all the lights were now functioning, along with the trough not detecting balls and the targets not registering. I'm putting a picture in this post circling the cable that was causing all those issues for anyone else that may experience this problem.
So another note, every new game I get the first thing I do is replace the stock balls with Ball Baron carbon balls and this was no exception, but this was a strange thing, after I got off the call with PB, I played a game and I noticed that the balls were not seating correctly in the trough, this caused a lot of problems with balls not being fed for multiball, to balls not being detected drained and a never ending Sentry Guns mode. I took the Ball Baron balls out and replaced them with the stock ones and the game played normally, balls dropping in the trough as they should. I'm really scratching my head on this one. I checked the diameter of the stock compared to Ball Baron and they are identical. Unless the stock balls are somewhat heavier I'm completely lost as to why the others wouldn't work. I have asked PB if there is a difference in their balls as this could cause some headaches down the line when it's time to change the balls.
So now the game is working great and it's totally addicting, so happy I jumped on this. PB said they are still working on the software update and it's coming soon. There is a lot they are doing for the update, including updating the operating system that is under the game system, if I said that right lol, along with many bug fixes and enhancements. If this is the way the support is in the future and you have qualms about the game I would say definitely go for it! It's just too good to miss out on. The build quality of the game is fantastic, the playfield is like a sheet of glass and it sounds fantastic. Word of warning though once I turned it on the audio was set to the highest level and man was it loud the dogs ran out of the game room
One question for other owners, did anyone get a coin box? I thought it strange there wasn't one.
Thanks for reading the book lol.
Red_Devils Out...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same issue with my first OG alien and the trough and it was due to be changing the balls out for shiny ones. Once I put the original balls back in, no trough issues. I never tried to figure out why….. but not surprised to hear it’s happening with PB version

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well they aren't magnetized I just tested them with a paper clip and they're the exact same diameter. So I'm at a loss I don't have a scale to weigh them, maybe European balls are heavier than US balls
delt31 These are opposite the ones that came with the game are shiny and the others are dull.

Yeah mine must have been magnetized. Solution is not to change the balls it comes with

#1313 2 years ago

Mine was delivered today. As a former OG owner, I can already see a number of differences besides what is obvious.

Here’s the problem though - my Alien head says switch error and gets stuck trying to get the ball. Won’t even work right in first boot. Any owner experience this yet before I reach out to PB? I’ve tried calibrating like OG but no luck

Edit- seems like someone else experienced this as well

Edit 2 - it now comes out and goes in with no error but man the gears grind, mostly in test. Is that normal for pb? Update - seems like it is but you can adjust strength by turning the screw per Averell

Edit 3 works. Under tests run calibrate and then it fixed the error

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

fuse replaced, back up and running but now I'm getting a Stuck SW Error Message...
seems like the tongue is stuck, any idea how to get it back on track?
thanks
[quoted image]

Edit resolved

#1329 2 years ago

I’ll add another PB whoopsie on mine. My left flipper didn’t work! Looked under the hood and the wire was broken off. Maybe it happened during travel - who knows but I soldered it back on

For those skeptical, I can understand. We all went into this eyes open and expected some immediate challenges up front. Too tired to summarize but there are a number of nice additions I’m already appreciating - and that doesn’t include those shiny ramps! I’m sure there will be a few more gremlins and no doubt it’s frustrating opening a 8k game and your left flipper doesn’t work but this is also a crazy hobby.

Btw the open pop bumper egg that was sold separately by Matt at back alley creations for OG fits this one perfectly. Nice to have one of the eggs diff than the other two.

On a complete side note, go Canadians as those damn lightning beat the islanders tonight. No one cares about Tampa. Would have been one hell of a Stanley cup if it were NY vs Canadians

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The game is very good, theme integration is amazing like hobbit and unlike hobbit the layout is also awesome. The big collectors i know can fix or have someone that can fix issues.. if all i have to do is solder a thing or two and maybe finangle with a mech, I’m not deterred. If it’s like the jjp led issue and it’s never ending electronics failures then we’ve got problems.

From my experience thus far, that’s what I’m seeing. Solder, tweaks that I need to do (alien gear) etc. I rather not but also not surprised. Comparatively speaking, happy with this purchase as you said - game has been brought back from the dead with a company who still picks up the phone and a fantastic price point (assuming you weren’t an OG owner expecting to only hold onto it as an investment). I expect drama / catastrophe pumping from those that don’t actually own it but what’s new. I’m excited to hear more impressions from owners of the PB version. I should be posting mine later.

#1441 2 years ago

well - I've been playing this game for about a week (dedicated) and I can confidently say that Pinball Brothers did it. We have a new more refined alien pinball machine for a fantastic price. For those that don't like to tinker at all with your machines however, be prepared to be frustrated upon unboxing. From my experience, I had multiple "issues" when I unboxed which I was able to resolve myself but I must state that they were there, and many others have experienced them too (NIB owners). Good news is that thus far, it was an initial group of challenges that were minor, no doubt and I have been playing trouble free since then.

See my impressions below. I've owned 3 OG aliens before and played this game a ton so I know what to expect. This game is still my absolute favorite and PB's updates makes it even better.

-Love that new backbox. Great art and the lighting is very nice. High quality for sure. Chrome trim is also very nice. Still not a huge fan of the silver around the cab itself but that's what powder is for. Art on the cab is nice too - not low quality at all.
- The game is def brighter. everywhere. Insert lights, by the flippers, Much brighter than OG however it's still dark and keeps that great vibe.
- Playfield quality is very nice. OG had a great PF too and it was nice to see this one come high quality too.
- The sound on OG was incredible and I'm happy to report it's equally represented here as well however you NEED an external sub. Big time diff when I added that.
- Flipper strength is good, however my OG felt stronger (even too strong). Not sure the flipper strength adjustments work well though on the current code. They should look into that
- Pop bumpers are much more effective than my OGs. They pop like old school williams. Huge upgrade from my experience. Also the open egg pop bumper works on this version
- LOVE the new magnet on the top right along with the additional scoop entrance (which leads to additional strategy when shooting) and the hard lock. These are all great additions.
- Playfield speed/feel is very good. OG was very good as well - feels just like it.
- Beacons (or lack there of) is a bummer. Very cool on OG and really needs to be figured out on how to hook up. Mine are ready! Also no side art is a bummer too but I'm sure those will be coming (and lit as well).
- Stand up targets feel great and appear to be more durable than OG.
- The screen on the head is very nice. Bigger than stern but not as big as JJP. Any smaller, it would have been bad but the current size is fine. The lack of PF screen was actually better than I thought too. It made me look at the main screen since it was no longer a redundant screen (ala OG). During alien mb it actually made me feel much more pressured b/c I had to occasionally look up to see the screen vs always having that in front of me. This led to having the feeling where in the movie they had to look at the actual bugs on the radar screen and then shoot just like I'm now doing in the pinball game (looking at the screen on the head unit and then back down to make my shots). Very cool.
- Absolutely hate the lockdown bar this game has. Prob the worse one I've ever used.
- I believe there is some new game over music too. Music on this pin in general is some of the best, if not the best in pinball.
- Underneath the playfield is absolutely stunning and streamlined. Great job PB.
- I've said this many times before, but nicest ramps in pinball ever. Gorgeous in person.
- Mylar your scoop and shooter asap!
- Apron is better than before - just needs something on the left side. I'm thinking a sticker or something along those lines.
- Material used on the sling shot bugs is stronger and more durable. I could tell by touching them. OG they would break apart. Nice to see that update made here.
- Xeno tongue works well however upon startup, the tongue comes out much slower and grinds. Doesn't happen during normal play though. OG it would boot up and act the same (as in normal gameplay).

Some fixes I applied to mine:

1) Both scoop and saucer needed to be adjusted. I ended up using some velcro tape and added it to both. The left saucer now kicks out very smooth to top left flipper where before it was a mess - didnt line up at all. The scoop was shooting too far to the left but the velcro trick helped resolve that as well. I just applied a piece underneath the scoop on the left side and its better. For the saucer I applied it against the left rail. See pics below. You can't see either from the players perspective.
2) Xeno had an error when I initially started up. I ended up resolving by going into the test menu and running calibration
3) Left flipper wire broke off - didn't work. Had to solder that back.
4) Ball trough - mine would get jammed (coil release would stick up) restricting the next ball from being released. I greased it a little and no more issues.
5) Turn around ramp - I had to bend mine down a little otherwise I was getting a ball stuck in there.

For this price in this insane market, this game is a steal. Will I sell mine for the collectors when that is released - hell yes. But that's b/c this game is my fav and I now know PB is not joking around. Happy to have alien back and happy to see many others will be able to enjoy this unbelievable game. Whether it's the OG (which is a great experience as well) or PBs, this game need to be experienced by the community. It's one of the best.
6AE6E896-FA9C-4EBC-B060-8BA532C8794C (resized).jpeg6AE6E896-FA9C-4EBC-B060-8BA532C8794C (resized).jpegE5851EE3-3412-42A4-BC71-C0EAB3F317AC (resized).jpegE5851EE3-3412-42A4-BC71-C0EAB3F317AC (resized).jpeg

#1524 2 years ago

Quick update is I downloaded and installed the new fw and the alien tongue during boot up is now normal (ala OG) - not slow and grinding like before. Nice!

Haven't had a chance to look at new posts on here but plan to catch-up tomorrow. It's 4th of july party time and about to enjoy some drinks. Alien tomorrow. Cheers.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Thanks for the feedback. I’m just trying to document issues I come across and make videos if I need to do the repairs. Figure it will help some others out. I’ve seen several different torx sizes for different mechs. I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers but luckily had a bit set that included lots of torx bits. I have been messing with the left scoop kick out but don’t have a great solution yet. The ball actually hits the bottom of the plastic ramp when it gets ejected. Thought about trying to 3d print something to tame the kickout but no luck yet. I adjusted the coil strength to 25% weaker but it is still a bit too strong. [quoted image]

Check my earlier pic. Not ideal (although you can’t see it) but Velcro sticky right on that left side plastic did exactly what you’re suggesting and the ball now rolls down to the left flipper. GL and great tutorial video btw!

1 month later
#1834 2 years ago

Speaking of toppers, anyone hear about how to hook up the beacons as the software has their functionality built in. Its over my head on how to even do it on the new version

#1843 2 years ago

anyone resolve the random alien tongue issue where it doesn't fully extend during boot up (resulting in a stuck switch error)? I am able to resolve it after a test calibration or two but I didn't know if there was a silver bullet. Funny is that this happened on the OG too so maybe it's just the mech.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I have also had to adjust the xenomorph switch because it kept getting a stuck switch error.

What exactly did you adjust? Anyone experience this and what did you adjust on the switch?

Thanks

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Same here on the MUTHER kickout, no flying balls but don't get a nice feed to the flipper. I have reported it to Cato also and he says they are working on a fix for it.
My drop targets have been perfect since I unboxed the game. I know that HurryUpPinball had an issue with them on one of his streams but he said he fixed them also.
On a higher note, my machine is sitting on a cart right now. I have just sent all the armor out for powder coating and when I get it back I'll post the pics of the color I went with, it's going to look great!
[quoted image]

Interested as well. I was thinking of doing the same including t mold replacement but I’m also planning on selling my standard once LE is announced so I might hold off for now….. although who knows when that is really going to happen.

#1970 2 years ago

Mine didn't come with a cliffy either. I put mylar on it for now as I don't like how they look. If it begins to get beat up, I'll cliffy it to cover.

#2013 2 years ago

So I figured out the switch issue on my Xeno which caused the stuck error. Switch needed to be bent down more. Now it works great - see pics for what my updated switch looks like in the event others are having the same issue. Shout out to PappyBoyington for the help.

Also Ridley figure added too. Hallmark ftw

00D0654F-D4E8-48CC-BA23-A38913542764 (resized).jpeg00D0654F-D4E8-48CC-BA23-A38913542764 (resized).jpeg45F4FA5E-3EEC-49C9-8F56-95349811FE26 (resized).jpeg45F4FA5E-3EEC-49C9-8F56-95349811FE26 (resized).jpeg827A1D84-F692-4A7A-BD65-B3E5DFCA5C53 (resized).jpeg827A1D84-F692-4A7A-BD65-B3E5DFCA5C53 (resized).jpegBE86FD75-FC8C-4565-8133-8FCB524E7479 (resized).jpegBE86FD75-FC8C-4565-8133-8FCB524E7479 (resized).jpegFAB419D2-D63B-42F3-89E8-0AC58F2B5459 (resized).jpegFAB419D2-D63B-42F3-89E8-0AC58F2B5459 (resized).jpeg
#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

That is awesome! Glad to hear it!
I think the theme I've been seeing here is that while there may be problems at first, these problems are usually very easily fixable. And once the issues are worked out, the game becomes very stable. I haven't had a single incident that caused a game to not complete in 2 weeks since I installed firmware 2.2A. Great news all around. I think once the MUTHUR outhole issue (likely a software update will fix it) and the stand-up target Rev. 3 are released, everything will be perfect.

Where can you download 2.2a? I only see 2.2 on the help page

#2116 2 years ago

Considering stern will try and get 10k+ for their LEs (which is an absolute joke), I'm fine with this price. I always thought the 7777 for SV was the steal/buy of the year and happy with mine but it will be on the market as soon as I get the LV. For me, LV has to have the interior lit blades. Comparing the OG to PB, the new one hands down beats the old with all of it's additions EXCEPT the missing interior lit blades. Those need to happen. Screen I can live with or without which is prob the biggest surprise since owning the new PB version is how much I don't miss it. Beacons need to happen too although they will work with the SV (PB confirmed to me yesterday) and assume same with LV so no worries there.

Bring on the LV. New code btw, really fixes the magnet grab by xeno. OG had the same issue as well but this new FW grabs it better than I've seen on either version. No issues to report and I'm loving it. Alien pinball continues to be my fav pinball game out there.

On a side note, don't sleep on Dialed In. Game is legit.

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Finally got to play my first 2 games. Works 100 percent. Even the zenomorph caught my ball on the Multiball Ambush mode. Only had to adjust tilt Bob so far.
Game is super dark. I will be getting pinstadiums for sure.
[quoted image]

Just be careful as pinstadiums in alien absolutely kill the atmosphere. I have them in many of my games but they don’t belong in alien

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Not only is it solid, but any problem I have encountered so far has been a super easy fix. The thing is designed in a way that replacing parts is super easy. I'm used to working on older pinball machines and the design makes it a joy to work on.

On FW D - no issues here either. The 7777 was a thank you to the early supporters (although I'll likely be selling this and getting the LE).

I did need to adjust the xeno tongue (perfect since) and add some more padding to the scoop and mother kick out along with resoldering the left flipper.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've never had to touch my Alien Xenomorph. As I recall, it was particularly loud when you first powered in on in an earlier software version, but a software update changed the speed of the Xenomorph tongue on power-on, which resolved that.

This - fixed in software as I experienced this too.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Hello! Very stoked to have the chance to join this crew thanks to HurryUpPinball trading me for his excellent example of the machine. I love this game! I had a quick question. I play in the dark, and I'd like to maybe add a touch of light to the playfield without ruining the atmosphere. I really think a trough light might do the trick. Has anyone put a trough light in, and if so, do they have recommendations as to color? This machine is so different compared to what I'm used to I'm curious if anyone has some recommendations. Thanks!

So I tried this with my previous OG Alien and it was just too bright. I ended up removing it.

Alien is one of those games you think you need more light but when you add it, you're like something doesn't feel right anymore!

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Do you know that you have the Gen. 2 Xeno targets and not Gen. 1? I have Gen. 1 and Cato is sending me Gen. 2 targets. I highly suspect my Xeno grab problems is because every time the ball hits the Xeno targets, it hops right over the magnet. Curious if the same thing is happening to you. I'm on 2.2E and IF the ball doesn't hop over the magnet, it looks to me like it would be pretty reliable.

Edit I figured it out

#2445 2 years ago

I can confirm that I experienced the bug where the ball doesn’t release from the scoop unless you press the flipper buttons…..

1 week later
#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So...there is no shaker in this correct? You wouldn't know it....

I added one to my OG and felt it literally once or twice. The old code didn’t incorporate it well. Not sure if the new code has any more use of it but I would def not buy it for my new one if that didn’t change.

1 week later
#2850 2 years ago

I’m pumped to see the LV!

Didn’t realize that powder came from PB. Talk about a sweet surprise.

For me I hope they have the lit side blades and beacons working. That would be great. Larger back box sure or pf screen but both would be fine without. Of course I’m on the LV list and high up at that. Can’t wait to see the new features

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

They did say those items can be added to the SV.
Beacons, Side blades , backbox art and side rails if I was a SE owner.

Where do they say this? Just reading about the LV now….. didn’t see this formally announced

You can add the back box art too? Where is the backbox lcd in the LV released photo? How do they not release a video of this thing?

EDIT - cointaker confirmed this is true. Interesting. Going to read up more on this

#3014 2 years ago

I’ve always appreciated PB bringing this game back but that was just a terrible reveal. Period

The LV was an instant buy for me but considering the major things can be added to the SE and I bought it at 7777, I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Beacons are terrible looking but good news, we can add the OG version Once we see how the new beacons were added.

The art IMO is better than standard but not sure that’s worth it alone.

On the positive side, they brought the two items I wanted the most (beacons and side art lit)…. But PB, what a blown opp. 1k is too many for a boutique manufacturer’s LE.

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have an early machine here right now and it took 6 month to resurrect it.
Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
It was a whole bunch of work but the entire community had a benefit of it.
I share all information and I'm not interessted in profit or anyting else.
In my opinion the HW-ALIEN is the better choice if you have.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No one cares. We get it - you’re jealous. That’s fine but keep it to the OG thread.

Seriously it’s embarrassing how some just can’t let it go. There are more aliens available period which is a good thing.

If you’re not an owner or have interest in this game or something helpful to say don’t post. Pretty simple.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT - jealous that the value will go down. Good point fellas.

#3120 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you should go start another thread if you can't handle some adult conversations. Nobody is jealous and you probably have many bigger things to be embarrassed about. Seriously, you add nothing.

Noticed there were a ton of posts on this thread….checked in and it’s just Dee-Bow getting downvoted, proving he continues to be a joke. The definition of embarrassing.

Keep on acting like a fool dee-bow. We’ll just continue laughing at you chump.

#3276 2 years ago

So my deposit for lv is in. They added what I wanted which was beacons and inner side art lit. The IV art is awesome and with the already enhanced gameplay (magnet, ball lock etc), I'm pumped for it.

My sv will be posted once its ready to be shipped.

2 weeks later
#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have any ETA communicated for Alien LV deliveries from Cointaker? I was provided a number in the 30's. Just trying to ball park it and don't want to bother Melissa and Cointaker unnecessarily. Thanks

I'm hearing some will be available before Christmas. I was inquiring b/c I plan on selling my Alien standard to get the LV but don't want to be left high and dry if they get delayed so I'll prob just hold onto mine until I know the LE is on the boat and coming to the US. My standard continues to play perfectly fine.

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

delt31 when you figure it out, please post a how to on connecting them.

I wish I had better news but my help/guidance was back for the OG alien. I’m not aware of how to connect on the new standards unfortunately. I did end up buying and painting them anyway just to place on top of my machine until a viable solution/ if ever is found

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not the moderator, but I don't like it when people post off topic bullshit. If the moderator wants to take action on it, they can, but I'm expressing my opinion here that off-topic bullshit is not appreciated by me. Negative useless bullshit with no effort to be helpful to anyone in any way is also not appreciated by me.

apessino is good people - brado426 I get your point and we all appreciate the help but chill a little.

back to the ballgame.....I would love to see some LV action. Inner side blades, beacons, etc.

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I breadboarded the beacon circuit, and of course it didn't work. I screwed around with it all day yesterday and couldn't get it working. But I woke up this morning and had it working in 10 minutes. hahaha Needless to say, I'm very pleased now.

And here's the new PCB design (I'm pretty sure this one will work)
[quoted image]

Brilliant!

I’m alienless right now until my LV arrives but will be watching the thread and related progress

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

from Melissa @ C/T yesterday afternoon:
'lv’s are starting to be built in december and will start shipping in January'

Interesting - I was told shipping in December on Monday. Maybe that was for the first batch? Either way, I don't expect it until early next year.

1 week later
#3911 2 years ago

You also need to consider timing of receiving the game. I know the LV list has grown so you might be able to get the SE earlier? Not sure what that list looks like though. Just another thing to consider. Both aprons will look great. That art on the LV - so damn nice.

1 week later
#4074 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything about the LV? Now I’m hearing maybe by end of year although based on what I’ve seen or haven’t, I’m not expecting until early next year

2 weeks later
#4362 2 years ago

Assuming no one has heard a peep about the LV? Man - it's been crickets since September.

1 week later
#4547 2 years ago

about time we get some LV love, although weird it's on a saturday. I'll take it though. Nice.

#4574 2 years ago

No doubt the LV is the package I’ve been waiting for. SE imo was really uninspired. Art, beacons and those inner side blade lights really look great and are really needed for this game to complete the lightning. Game looks great especially that backbox art and side art.

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The only thing that would motivate me to pay up for the LV would be for the lit inner blades. I suppose if the shaker is not an option for the SV, then that would be a 2nd.

Shaker, even if it’s on the LV, is a waste with this game. It was never programmed enough to truly make a difference so no worries if you end up missing that. Inner side blades is big and the beacons are really well tied into the code already

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

PM'd.
I think this machine looks fantastic - and quite honestly the side art lighting alone makes me glad I went for the LV, how freaking amazing does that look? I love the art package, the side armour/powder is fantastic and the beacons are very cool - so absolutely no complaints from me, great job PB!

Yeah that LV really completes that alien feel. Although the SV felt like a solid package, that alien feel was a little subdued Bc coming from heighway version, I knew what it was missing. But that makes sense - is the entry version. The LV will bring everything together - the missing parts (Les the duplicate screen) and the reworked parts, magnet, back lock etc. can’t go wrong with the SE though if the budget isn’t there

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If anyone wants to go to the front of the line on an SV - I'm trying to raise cash for a GZ premium, so willing to let go of my full paid slot - hurry before it ships and we can get it shipped directly to you.
Scott

Assuming it will be at cost like it was sold to you….. someone should get on that.

#4649 2 years ago

After seeing the LV apron, I’m going for the custom. Video looked great and the stock LV apron looks like the SE with a dog tag haha

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just to clarify. At no point did I think Cointaker is screwing me. I know I will receive a game eventually or CT will take care of me. I'm frustrated with the communication and expectations and false hope. I told all the people at my location an Alien is coming in the next few weeks which now I know isn't true. I hate letting my customers down.

If there is one thing to know about alien is that you can’t commit to anyone when alien is actually going to be there. My standard was all over the place timing wise but I eventually received it. LV looks like it will be more of the same. Melissa is just relaying what she is being told and that trip to us takes forever. Whether it’s PB’s fault or not, no one should be holding their breath on its arrival b/c disappointment will be the only result.

Good news is that once you get it, you’ll enjoy it.

Btw - I’ve been told just Q1 on LV. If that’s true, I will be happy. Who knows.

1 week later
#4938 2 years ago

anyone else notice the back art on LV is diff than SE? I just noticed this - maybe late to the party! LV has a different back art all together (looks cool) and the original SE back art is now on the right inner side panel along with an extension of the universe feel. Left side art seems like all universe horizon (not as much of a fan). I didn't see any of the OG Alien side art carried forward (I believe it was alien eggs, which was very cool too).

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I see that. I wish the PB photos had some detailed shots of the lit side panels. You can tell their lit, but it's difficult to tell what the art looks like. The back panel looks like a ship corridor view. I dig that, but I also liked the space navigator the SV has.

space navigator is now on the right side art for LV. I liked that too and they kept it.

1 week later
#5036 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I am game #10 and I paid my invoice in full last week, Have been told approx 35 LV's are shipping end of this month

I'm in the same spot. Not sure the game # but very early and paid in full. Expecting end of month/ear Feb. Excited for the LV. Looks sweet.

1 week later
#5188 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

LV owners, are we getting excited yet??

hell yes. Love seeing new pics of it. I just hope they really get them to us by early Feb. If it ships EOM, I can see that taking a month so maybe end of Feb?

#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Moderator if you find value in this post please pin or make sticky to the top... just in case anyone needs these.
Knowing that the Pbros parts list is unique i reached out to Cato and Factory for guidance on basic machine replacement items for routine type maintenance. Here is the listing I received from Pbros.
Flipper mech. parts.:
Bushings.: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-nylon-flipper-bushing.html?Category_Code=
Left Crank “Linkage”: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly-old-style.html?Category_Code=
Right Crank "Linkage": https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-right-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly-old-style.html
Stop Coil bracket (ask for best quality, make sure it's 90 degrees): https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-coil-stop-a-12390.html
Springs: https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html
Flipper leaf switch: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html
And flipper rubbers installed on the Alien are Polyurethane. (this explains the super stickiness i am seeing.. i may change up to silicone tbh.)

That’s helpful thanks.

Anyone aware of where to buy extra pcb boards or whatever is underneath the pf? For back up purposes, might not be a bad idea to get.

#5361 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

So last we heard, LVs should be on boat today - should one figure about 45 days out until we get them at home/on location?

heard from? Curious if this is accurate or not. I was told shipping end of Jan but that was a few weeks ago.

EDIT - PB facebook post showing pics of LV before boxing was less than 24 hours so they're not on the boat yet but soon! Sweet.

Pictures of the LV look great - love that art.

Wait - weren't the legs expected to be powdered too? Pics show them standard chrome. I'm sure we can color match but that doesn't match expectations. Maybe something changed. Overall, looks like a really nice step up appearance wise.

#5365 2 years ago

guys - the legs are coated in the LV reveal video so I'm not sure what happened.

EDIT - @bigdaddy.....great point!

1 week later
#5456 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

When the shipping people for Haggis bailed at the last minute, Damian went above and beyond to help. He arranged three new quotes within 24 hours. When it got stuck in customs he got it sorted out and called me personally to apologize. Dude knows how to do customer service.

The same Haggis that took people's money and hasn't provided a meaningful update on why games still haven't been built yet? Yeah ok.

Guys - this is alien. As someone with experience, do not hold your breath on when you will get your game. You will not lose your money either with cointaker but you have to know this going in. I understand why that would bother some. Totally get that but if you try to matlock this and figure out the alien overseas shipping (especially with the current bottleneck), you're going to be disappointed.

#5463 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I get this but CT has told us repeatedly the game is there and will be delivered the next week only for it not to come and another story told the next week. It's not about worrying about losing my money it's the frustration with setting false expectations. They already have my money just say you don't know what's going on if you don't know. Don't keep telling me the game will be here soon when you have no idea.

I hear you. Definitely an understandable point. I'm not quite sure why these statements are made b/c from my personal conversations with Melissa, it's a struggle to really pinpoint or provide significant comfort once it hits the seas. I agree though that less definitive statements would only help the situation although the customer service nature likely pushes Cointaker to make some assumptions that lead to this frustration. When I hear dates I take them with a grain of salt, expecting it to not come to fruition - that would be my advice. That doesn't fly well with some which is why I understand folks pulling out completely and moving on to a next game. It's just that this game is so damn good.

1 week later
#5590 2 years ago

glad to hear you guys are getting your games soon.

#5607 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To everybody that got tracking: eat a dick!
I kid I kid, congrats and I'm happy for ya'll

hilarious post. well done.

#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

A quick reload and we're in business. PB service was too notch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear! Such a sweet looking game. Can't wait to get my LV.

#5772 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’ve been told shipping tomorrow. We will see if I get any tracking.

LV first round? Nice.

#5796 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I got tracking! Tuesday 8-10AM delivery!

Wait you received tracking for a LV? That would be awesome and earlier than I was expecting, which is great.

#5894 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes I have been given the shipping details to track the Australian LV container. Getting excited now.

I wonder if any of those went to the US or does “us” mean UK and then AUS

1 week later
#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

I just love this gif. Where is it from?

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

LVs on the way ??? Can’t wait to see the first unboxing !!!

Hearing by end of month

#6103 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thinking of joining this club but did not have an opportunity to see this in person.
Is there a video review of the game somewhere? Something recent perhaps?
I would like to know how it feels and if it has too much of a wide body feel to it? Indiana Jones comes to mind when it feels like the ball has a lot of room to swing side to side and makes the game feel floaty?
Has anybody received a recently produced unit? Have the kinks of earlier models been resolved or is it still a WIP sort of product?
I will try to read the thread in its entirety but figured would drop a line here first

I own IJ and Alien (had standard but waiting on LV) and it is much faster than IJ. Not floaty at all - feels like a standard in a widebody - similar to POTC JJP.

#6131 2 years ago

Deez should have every right to route this game. He's doing nothing wrong and I'm sure it's frustrating.

Me? I would neve route it. In a home use environment where you can properly treat the machine is where this game belongs. Not to say it shouldn't be built to withstand routing/abuse - I totally get it but imo, this game is not made for that type of play. It's made to be played by folks that will no doubt treat it well and can immediately address anything wonky that pops up, which every game does.

Long story short, as a buyer, we should be able to route every game we buy. Alien just doesn't fit in that category and should be HUO.

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sure, but I had money on it. Do you? I'm fully aware of concerns, and you have people here stating that the concerns aren't as bad as we thought. The wait times SUCK, but that's not a PB only issue.

Don't even bother responding. What's funny is I have his account ignored b/c he's such a waste of time and when I look at this thread I always see Ignore user comment and the next reply is always someone saying stop being a troll! It's literally the same thing all the time. I don't mind some controversy here and there but guys - do yourselves a favor (b/c some people are just lost and toxic) - and well, leverage the features this website provides to help with annoying things like this. I typically don't do that but he loves to live in this thread and it's beyond a waste a time. The best part is, when he reads this and thinks he has a good reply which is nothing but another embarrassment, I can't even see it! haha

1 week later
#6389 2 years ago

I’m sure LV lighting seems way brighter in pics than in real life. Just like when everyone thought Halloween’s LEDs would be too bright. Curious to hear what people think who are playing it but I’m liking what I’m seeing for sure on the streams.

As for the support and PBs - it’s one of the most important things for me about this game vs the original. I really appreciate having that support if need be and so far they are killing it. Even though the last OG alien I had played perfectly fine, I never liked that one day I return to it and one of the I/O boards goes and now I have a brick with no support.

Thank you Pinball brothers for resurrecting one of the best.

#6442 2 years ago

I just love that LV translite

As for the beacons going off - they should go off during queen mode and some others like sentry gun mb.. Do they not?

#6484 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

I saw this awesome topper at Texas Pinball Festival. While it is a prototype and when ready, it will cost around $750. Of course I forgot to write down the name of the company, but they had awesome reproductions of weapons from the Mandalorin.
[quoted image]

Appreciate the creativity but I just think that looks awful.

#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just opened my LV. Here are some detailed pics. Backglass is screen printed acrylic. Difficult to take out/in. Cabinet print is high quality gloss. Colored rails and legs are a bluish purple with no flake, but a flat look. Lockbar design unique, not traditional. Has metal clasps. Plaque for LV# in front is metal. Apron is heavy metal. Game boots with lights and shaker and speakers produce massive sound. My game booted at 2.5 but then after setting USA it tried to reset and now doesn’t boot to blue screen? Anyone else’s suffer this? Ticket submitted. Screen is much larger than expected.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Would love to hear more Amy the interior lighting too.

Was this a TPF purchase that was shipped or is this the first LV shipped to a customer not related to TPF?

#6511 2 years ago

For the folks at TPF - how did the aliens perform there under so much constant use? Especially the LV?

#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea…wondering the same about the shaker. Mine only comes on at startup. Still a beauty though especially with the tracker mod!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE the lighting, art and normal looking cab. Can't wait to get mine.

#6675 2 years ago

Just got the call from FedEx - LV in the house tomorrow!

As for # not sure but I was very very early on the list.

#6686 2 years ago

so for LV owners - don't touch 2.5?

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

OK new LV 2.6 installed and so far so good! No lock ups everything seems to be working as planned hopefully we continue to have great updates on such a great amazing game. The shaker comes on more often and the beacons turn on more often. And the beacons are amazing, low profile design look great. So great when the game is working and feeling pretty good about it. I might possibly have to adjust auto kick out since occasionally it doesn’t make it up the shooter Lane the first time.

Great to hear. My LV arrives today and I’ll install 2.6 before I do anything else.

#6718 2 years ago

You sexy sob. Damn meetings otherwise I would be ripping this open. Needed to check it wasn’t damaged so all good there.

9341E94B-2DA5-4D36-85B5-D16C0ACF301A (resized).jpeg9341E94B-2DA5-4D36-85B5-D16C0ACF301A (resized).jpeg
#6753 2 years ago

So I’ve been taking some notes on my LV experience thus far. Played it all night - played very well on 2.6. Spoilers - it’s awesome but there are a number of things that surprised me as a former SV and original owner. More to come when I have a chance to sit down for an extended period of time and type it out

15CB8E22-2B64-4CB8-9993-DB5781644517 (resized).jpeg15CB8E22-2B64-4CB8-9993-DB5781644517 (resized).jpeg

773C0D07-7496-4923-B0EE-7D81ECD5278D (resized).jpeg773C0D07-7496-4923-B0EE-7D81ECD5278D (resized).jpegCD23BD31-9542-4AD8-AB10-060D470B1834 (resized).jpegCD23BD31-9542-4AD8-AB10-060D470B1834 (resized).jpegCE3734A2-7864-47ED-8711-8DE7E0DB6F6E (resized).jpegCE3734A2-7864-47ED-8711-8DE7E0DB6F6E (resized).jpeg5AD92540-F7AE-4F7E-8FEE-030C9631130C (resized).jpeg5AD92540-F7AE-4F7E-8FEE-030C9631130C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7592 1 year ago

So this post is about a month and a 1/2 in the making but as a LV owner, I wanted to experience this game for a good period of time and report on it. As a reminder, I am a multi time Highway pinball owner and a PB SV owner. As anyone who has paid attention in this hobby for years, I am not a shill and someone that if I had more time, would properly podcast the shit out of this hobby as the phonies are so obvious. But for the many that have pm’d me in the past month or so asking for my opinion on this hobby, I leave you with this very simple reminder. Those that stream pinball all day with an agenda or actually sell pinball machines, look elsewhere for real feedback. Very simple. As I get more time, I’ll look to explore as many have asked for but for now, I’m here to enjoy pinball as much as I can with two kids and a crazy job but nevertheless, this hobby is great and is only getting better so strap in.

Ok - on to my review of Alien LV.

As someone that had the SV, I was expecting some minor issues but I’m happy to report that the ONLY thing I had to fix was the hyper sleep ramp which would stick the ball and had to be adjusted. Meaning, the ball would stick and not move past that curve. The answer? Use your hands to relax the ramps a bit (by pushing outwards) and it’s been perfect since. To summarize, I’ve played this game a ton and after almost two months, absolutely no issues but that. On my SV, I had more, although not game breaking by any means and wouldn’t classify them as anything but minor. I keep on checking this thread and seeing folks ask will they have issues. My answer is there is a chance no doubt but I also feel like many who have experienced no issues or limited are like me and haven’t posted - just keep in mind.

Some key takeaways from my experience, including comparison to SV.

1) No issues at all on the alien tongue. Never had that before including Heighway version. Although the issues would never result in anything but adjustments, not having any was great.

2) Mode start kickback and Mother kickback are perfect. My SV I had to adjust, literally did nothing on this one.

3) The game is much brighter with the side LED art and reminds me of the heighway lit art which was the perfect amount of light for this game. If you’re thinking about getting pinstadiums for this game, look yourself in the mirror, lift your left hand back and then slap yourself bc you’re an IDIOT. Do not ruin this game with them. And this is from someone that has pins on 4 of my games. Not for alien.

4) Top right flipper - more effective on my LV. And GD - those ramps are still the shiniest in the pinball world…..LV or SV.

5). Art, in my opinion, is so much better than SV and it beats the Heighway version. The HW version looks so odd which is something i hated in my line up yet it beat the SV art wise. LV smokes it.

6). Orbits work much better than SV. Again, back to me earlier point about the kick out, PB seems to have learned from SV and tweaked this game much better.

7) They give you an open egg mold as an option to add which I thought was out of the ordinary with this day and age of pinball. Good job PB.

8 Topper - this one is tough. I like the look of the smaller siren lights but ultimately I might go back old school Heighway.

9). Feel - the LV flipper feel is better than SV. Again, I was early on SV so maybe this changed with the SVs later but there is no doubt they tweaked the system and it feels much better than my SV.

….prob more but let me summarize that I am grateful for PB bringing this classic back. For me, I never had game breaking issues with HW version….I just always worried b/c the company is gone so what would I do if an IO board or something else went. With PB, that is no longer and issue. As an IJTPA owner, I can tell you this game has much more flow and feels like a standard or ala JJP POTC, which I used to own . I would keep it over my Godzilla LE and not think twice. It is a beast and I’m excited for others to experience it.

PB needs to get more respect in this hobby btw. They just get games built and ship them. So much drama about others that promise and get to you a year later. PB is doing it and keeping their head down. Chris - keep note.
87809CE4-B916-4110-BD7D-D5BBD24019BA (resized).jpeg87809CE4-B916-4110-BD7D-D5BBD24019BA (resized).jpegCC1B043C-674C-4A0F-9BEC-95956215D2EF (resized).jpegCC1B043C-674C-4A0F-9BEC-95956215D2EF (resized).jpegF979BDED-C578-494E-AB52-1A383DCE7BE3 (resized).jpegF979BDED-C578-494E-AB52-1A383DCE7BE3 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#7950 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:I finally got around to installing Kurt's fantastic translite! To be of any competition to the quite frankly amazing LV artwork speaks volumes to its awesomeness.
Also just FYI for everyone... I had another 2 nights of issues where my machine kept locking up, freezing or restarting during play but reseating the backbox connectors (again) resolved everything. ‍♂️
[quoted image][quoted image]

His alien SV translite was a huge upgrade. For me, the LV stock is so much better but I guess you can’t go wrong with both.

2 weeks later
#8173 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Agreed the DeeBow thumbs down without any reason are just laughably childish. I even have the clown blocked , its a strange system that lets ypu block a harrasser, who can then still see your posts and react to them? Whats the point of a system like that? You cant fix stupid unfortunately

I have that clown blocked too. Talk about a complete waste.

Thumbs up this post if you think he should be banned….. maybe Robin will see.

My LV is still running without issue. Absolutely love it.

1 month later
#8847 1 year ago

Just reporting in as an early LE owner. She continues to play well with no issues to report. I haven’t dug into it too much but I swear the LE flippers feel different than my standard (in a good way) but maybe it’s in my head.

I think it’s finally time I left a review for this game. Really happy to read about others getting their game. With all the BS about companies taking money and then not delivering, PB had just been quietly getting it done with alien. Games in boxes and people receiving them.

#8872 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

So my hyper sleep was nearly impossible. I took apart the ramp and found it is actually impossible. The ball can not physically make it around and gets stuck in the narrowest point. Was this an issue at one point?
I ask because I got a ramp in a box from a previous owner and that one was smooth as butter. So whoever has owned my game was playing on hard mode. Baffling…
Edit:
The ball is stuck in the photo, will not move.
[quoted image]

This was the only issue I had with my LE when I got it. I had to bend that middle part back and use the power in my hand to separate it more. Hasn’t been an issue and we’re months later.

1 week later
#9046 1 year ago

Regarding shaker experience of OG vs PB, both are rather lacking in my opinion but I feel like PB version with the updated code has it used in a few more spots. Can’t guarantee but from what I recall with my experience with both versions. I know for sure its an area that can still be used more.

I just love the real ball lock and how that was implemented in the PB version. Such a nice upgrade but I’m a sucker for true ball locks in games. It just fits well bc the balls basically act as people “sleeping” / locked in the chamber

4 weeks later
#9732 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes, pm me if you want one/more details . I can ship them worldwide no worries

Any pics of this installed? Still trying to understand what it does. It helps the vent shot loop too (off that upper right)?

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes it also helps with all shots from the upper right flipper i have found. I'll get some more pics of it installed, but you can read about why i created it here to:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/181#post-7063319
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/182#post-7067172

Ok it seems to guide the ball over the sensor for CB shot. Just curious how that would help for the vent shot ? My CB always registers as is. Not to say this isn’t helpful I’m sure it is but how does it help specifically for vent shot top left?

1 month later
#10433 1 year ago

Went to 3.0 and had the game of my life. I’m not very good but this beats any score I’ve had in the past (both HW and PB). Game plays so well. I just love the true ball lock they implemented. So satisfying. Magnet hold on the right side and drop to the right flipper is really great too - almost like that countdown shot on Godzilla but much quicker.
33180133-8AC1-418B-AB89-E00C0D7EDEEA (resized).jpeg33180133-8AC1-418B-AB89-E00C0D7EDEEA (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#11164 1 year ago

I got a kick out of the recent for sales thread for a LE alien (HW version). Owner says it’s not gutted like the PB version.

Ha!

I just love the jealousy from these OG owners who are pissed that they miss out on the extras we have like an actual ball lock mech, the extra magnets, the behind the alien mode start, updated code - you know things that matter but hey they got that duplicative screen in the middle and a bigger back box screen! Oh and a machine with no customer service. Sweet.

What a joke.

#11213 1 year ago

The ball can now go into the scoop from behind it. Really opens up the options and play style of the game by offering two ways of accomplishing that very important shot.

10 months later
#15076 6 months ago

Curious to know if playfield art will change. I've always been a fan of this game but moved it out recently. Interesting that they decided to drop this. To me it sounds like what stern did for JP 30th. Original owners get code too which is good. Ripley's absence imo was always overrrated but def nice to have. Good for PB to still continue enhancing but I hear those that just bought it recently - not even having the visibility into this is frustrating - even if you decided against it later but that seems to be the dirty secret of pinball now.

EDIT

"It is a limited run, but not a limit to numbers, more along the lines of production capacity."

Talk about confusing and a weak way to try to say limited but in fact it's not.

#15080 6 months ago

and is the new code compatible with OG alien? Oh boy - that would be an absolute DAGGER in that game if they can't update with this code. I would think it has to be possible though since I believe they work on both. Not sure but they deserve to get ripley in their game for sure.

Pretty awesome that they revisited this actually. Ripley is finally in. Man didn't think it would happen.

#15082 6 months ago

Better yet - will RIPLEY be actually in the new art package itself along with alien?

I would think Ripley would need to be featured in the new art for this new ripley release.....

Damn PB dropping it today.

#15085 6 months ago

Yeah I've always preferred LV for sure art wise. It's clearly the winner. Just curious if they'll go all out Ripley on this one. The winning combo imo would be Alien with Ripley and that playfield is changed. The PF has been a stinker since OG days.

#15112 6 months ago

Art wise, I never felt SV or LV was lacking. The only art issue on this game (all versions) is the PF. That's what really needs to be updated but I don't think that's happening likely due to cost and the fact they have all the PFs already pressed?

I think this works for all - just like JP 30th, same game and owners of original get the code juice which is great. Depending on how much you like the art, it's really nothing but great as an old owner.

#15140 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The Stern screw over your loyal customers model. Last call for Stranger Things and GOTG... oh, and we have a JP 30th anniversary edition cash grab LE.

They announced ANOTHER LE for Elvira and Kaneda is reporting Metallica Anniversary edition after Jaws.

I'll tell you - I'm really not liking what stern is doing to the collector market. They are going to oversaturate the market for sure.

#15262 6 months ago

Great price for the new game but honestly, everything else new here is kind of whatever. Art is subjective but upon initial impression, nothing about it seems impressive, especially with that obscured ripely character. Apron looks generic too. Air lock is ok and the alien head, while the best by far, is still far from wow.

Price for the new game is the star of the show (besides all owners getting alien). Wonder how that will impact the alien market in general especially as they become available used.

#15593 6 months ago

I like the two unique side art - package looks much better in person especially translite.

Anyone know if lit side art can be added to RV?

#15600 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The side art in that Ripley Edition is the same art in the LV, just unlit.
Depends on what box (sits in cabinet) is in that Ripley edition. In reality, its just an LED strip that lights them up.

OK thanks. I really like the lit art in LV. Helps with the lighting in the game. Would be a miss if you can retrofit that into the RV.....

2 weeks later
#16058 5 months ago

Although I was an original alien owner, I no longer am and wouldn’t continue posting in the alien OG thread - I know others would take it as trolling which I can understand. Comparisons of the two has always been interesting to me bc I have owned both and I’m engaged in this thread again bc the inclusion of ripley and the RE price really have me thinking of jumping in again.

Before this code update, there was fair comparison of the two alien machines and which was better. From experience, I can tell you that they’re both great and can’t go wrong with either but there are trade offs. The PF screen and heavier feel, including better feeling flippers, was always an OG plus. Also the inner lit side art I preferred too . Remake has the extra magnet, super pristine ramps, extra scoop shot, better lightning and a few others but ultimately both sides have solid arguments.

Now one has ripley and one doesn’t. Who in the world would actively go after OG now?…. especially if you’re a true Allen fan? Price on those will absolutely plummet as a result. It’s a clear KO but I’m not sure that’s fair.

From my perspective, I do hope PB releases the code for OG bc those guys deserve it. Every owner of an alien machine should get this code.

#16060 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It was said that its not possible to have the code work on the OG.

I work in the IT field. I’m almost certain that code can be configured to work…..i think it’s a matter of whether PB wants to be engaged in support of Heighway machines in any way (which I get too)….

Tough situation but man those guys deserve to get the update too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.