20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3284 2 years ago

Got my invoice and Melissa indicated the first full container of LVs supposedly to go out in Jan/Feb timeframe…. How many pins fit in a full container anyway?

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I emailed Melissa to ask if it's a refundable deposit, but haven't heard back. Did anyone else get an answer there?

Yes, it's refundable. Asked the same question.....

#3364 2 years ago

Melissa mentioned she would be sending out an email this week detailing where everyone is on the list for the LV.
Anyone gotten anything from her?

#3404 2 years ago

The $1,000 deposit listing is for folks that were not on the original $1 "I'm Interested" list. People on the $1 "I'm Interested" list were first in line if they get their deposits in when invoiced was my understanding.

The emailing with the ranking of where people are in line has not come out, I did ping Melissa yesterday and haven't heard back yet.

#3406 2 years ago

When I initially dropped my dollar on the "Interested List", I asked how far back in line I was and got a number by the end of the day.
My guess would be that once people on the "Interested List" have been given a reasonable amount of time to respond to their invoices and pay them, then that number may change.
I have seen a number of folks disappointed in the lackluster release that PB did on this so some folks may drop off the list.
It certainly gave me some pause for consideration, as I like the unique features on the original much more (again this comes down to personal preference)....

1 month later
#4389 2 years ago

So still not a peep from PB on the LV model since the initial reveal, unless I am missing something.
I put my deposit in right at the beginning, but feeling pretty let down by the lack of anything tangible outside of some crude renderings.
And they're clearly still available for pre-order... I am wondering how many folks are on the fence waiting for the "reveal redux".

I'm seriously doubting LV pins will be shipping in January if they can't even put out a real picture of the product at this point.

1 week later
#4606 2 years ago

Holy shit…. That is sweet! If this better than what’s on the LV then sign me up!

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Did the boat drop the games off in NY?

I pinged Melissa over the weekend to find out what my 'LV' number was as I was considering the PB auction of the 426 dog tag.
I got this response:

"We will let you know this week…right now with the holiday, we are trying to get all of the orders out we can and in between we will be answering these emails.'

So maybe the latest shipment are on their way from CT?

#4737 2 years ago

Loving the topper ideas!
This may not be a topper, but it will definitely be placed very close to my LV once it arrives.....

IMG_0399 (resized).jpgIMG_0399 (resized).jpg
#4759 2 years ago

That’s insane. That does *not* include the cost of the machine.

336AA4FD-5997-4E0F-8191-6AD18489C76C (resized).png336AA4FD-5997-4E0F-8191-6AD18489C76C (resized).png
#4780 2 years ago

Honestly, I like my playfields bright, but those stadium lights seem too bright for the mood of the game imho -but to each his own. I also like toppers on my games!

#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just got my invoice on lv #2 Supposedly games should be leaving port in mid January

That really surprises me they sent that out so soon. When did you pay the deposit?

#4930 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mikey got moderated for being a troll. Mikey want to be a troll! Mikey Like!

WTF…. Any adults in here?

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Seriously considering the LV version from cointaker. Is there any chance it could arrive in 1st half of '22 or are we looking at 1 year from now?

Some folks already have invoices… so shipping will start soon i would imagine..

#4964 2 years ago
Quoted from oliator:

What is he saying when the Bug Hunt mode starts?

You mean Apone's quote?
"remember we're looking for Civies in here"?

#5046 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The dollar down was just an early interest list. You need to go to Cointaker's website and put a 1k deposit down to reserve your LV, otherwise your not officially on any version at this point.

Um, I got an invoice for $1k on 10/3. This was after putting my $1 down way back on 4/23. Didn't need to go to cointaker to manually make a deposit. Looks like you got missed - may want to contact Melissa. You should also get a credit for the original $1 deposit (woohoo!).

#5051 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Me too, back in October - got an automated order confirmation and an order number, but have not heard anything else. Haven't emailed Cointaker but echo others that would love a confirmation of what number in line. Don't want an estimated date as none have shipped yet and who knows really.

I've sent 5 emails now since the beginning of December with no answer to my question. (I have 2 deposits in - 1 for Alien LV the other for TBL).
I sent an email on Monday and got a 'Sorry we've been busy because of the holidays, I'll get back to you later today"
It's now Wednesday and no follow up - sent another email today.
I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but it seems like a reasonable request.

All I am asking is my place in line - not when the machines will ship or anything else.

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Craziest thing though. I never called or emailed CT and I got my game just fine. Not exactly 'quick' or when I wanted it, but it came. Strange.

I don't doubt it. It's just frustrating that a relatively simple question can't be answered.

Quoted from Baggerman:

Call Mellissa.. the number on CT webpage is cell, you will get her.

Yes, I could do that. But then why bother having the contact emails posted on the site... but this has all been rehashed a few times already.

I don't want to just be another person in the line beating that horse again... just venting a little frustration, that's all.

I know it will get here 'when it gets here' and that knowing my place in line will not make that any faster or slower... I'm just feeling frustrated like a lot of other folks.

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

50%, seems to do the job about 60% of the time. Have you had better luck with a different coil strength?

12037453-BBDD-4B02-A406-BD9BDE048EFE (resized).jpeg12037453-BBDD-4B02-A406-BD9BDE048EFE (resized).jpeg
#5213 2 years ago

Got a response from Melissa yesterday looks like I am #231... going to be a while!

4/23 Waiting list
10/2 deposit

1 week later
#5318 2 years ago

Wow. So watching season six of the expanse and the assault force has Hudson, Hicks and Vasquez! Nice little Easter Egg shout out!

E1E807F6-46EB-47F5-9CD5-2796477C8D82 (resized).jpegE1E807F6-46EB-47F5-9CD5-2796477C8D82 (resized).jpeg
#5322 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Heare you go, but every single name on the screen in this shot is releated to a sci fi series.. check it out, much deeper then just alien. A true easter egg for all sci fi.

Ah, yeah I see that now… didn’t even catch Flynn there! Hudson and hicks popped out at me as they’re in focus for about half a second right next to each other. Sorry the screenshot sucks.

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Wasn't LV246 also mentioned somewhere?

If it was i didn’t catch it, but i wouldn’t doubt it either…..

1 week later
#5433 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Top right Queen painting,autographed, is amazing. #12 of 15 but $5k
[quoted image]

Seems high… not even close to what i paid for this. Art is meh, but guess that’s just my opinion. I collect Movie posters and ephemera as well, and honestly everyone and there brother has come out with limited edition art runs. Same thing with classic rock band artwork. Mondo kicked off a lot of that with movie art prints honestly and a lot of their stuff is pretty pricey at this point, but a lot is pretty good

A16EA38D-E0EB-420F-92F5-D582F3BBE986 (resized).jpegA16EA38D-E0EB-420F-92F5-D582F3BBE986 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6000 2 years ago

If you read this thread you’ll find tons of self service info already posted. They also have some pretty dedicated support folks at PB to help you resolve issues. If you’re asking if you might need to get your hands dirty at some point, then the answer is yes.

3 weeks later
#6571 2 years ago

Any videos from TPF of the LV in action?

#6588 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.

Oh.. that blue looks nice… will be excited to see the Queen translite with that!

1 week later
#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

How much time would that save Melissa if she had a simple editable web page she could update on a regular basis? Seems like common sense to me, but maybe there is some downside to doing such a thing that I'm not seeing.

1. Manufacturers may not want those production numbers/capacities publicized. This would be the number 1 reason I would guess.
2. Cointaker might not want to publicize the volume of machines they sell for the same reason.
3. Gets cumbersome to track that for multiple vendors, multiple machines, etc. and then update multiple shipping pages - Alien isn't their only product.

#6905 2 years ago

Ok now, seriously- has anyone hacked the stock video clips/ audio quotes yet to add some Ripley? My guess would be they are resource files somewhere that can be updated.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Awesome actress, but I never saw her sex appeal.

More of a Vasquez fan?

2 weeks later
#7280 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:Breaking news - Alien nest found in Australia!!!
Aliens are now spreading out across the country ...

Interesting... I see numbers 252,253, 256 & 258 there, yet I am number "231" and I haven't even been asked for final payment.

Advanced Alien math....

1 month later
#8152 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is there a way to report people that constantly downvote my comments on here for no reason other than perhaps promote online bullying?
This childish behaviour need to stop.
Allow me to introduce to you all, my own and personal downvoter.[quoted image]

There, I just "load balanced" the thumbs for you.
It's perfectly okay to disagree with people, and it happens all the time..
I usually don't give thumbs down unless I think someone is just being a jerk or piling on with unhelp comments.
I like to think of it as the "Don't be a dick indicator"
The thumbs down actually detracts from the "Achievement Points", not that there's an annual award for being a high achiever or anything. LOL

#8174 1 year ago

Quoted from ticktockman:
Seriously, who cares about fake internet points?

People who mine Bitcoin? IDK….

But seriously why downvote folks for an opinion unless they’re being an asshole?

3 weeks later
#8514 1 year ago

4/23/21 - On the LV list
10/02/21 - Deposit Paid
7/14/21 - Final Invoice received & PAID!

Now the real waiting begins!

2 weeks later
#8928 1 year ago

Shipped and delivery scheduled for Thursday! Super pumped to join the club! Now all I need is that sweet apron mod to ship!

naDB2Xh (resized).pngnaDB2Xh (resized).png
#9011 1 year ago

LV-94 has landed!
Everything is working perfectly gamewise, however the coin door seems warped, almost impossible to re-lock it.
The two clasps for the lock down bar, they get trapped under the field if you pull it out and slide it back in - other folks experience that? Seems like a design flaw. Have to make sure they are “up” before sliding the field back into place.

B4990B65-E86F-464C-B72B-2B3A667EC203 (resized).jpegB4990B65-E86F-464C-B72B-2B3A667EC203 (resized).jpeg

#9028 1 year ago

I spoke too soon.
Main display didn't come on today, everything else seemed to be working ok (played a game without the backscreen).
Popped the top and the backglass to check connections, closed it back up and now.... nothing.
No signs of life.

#9031 1 year ago

Problem identified….wtf….main power outlet wiring

369BBF56-67D5-46A0-B055-FADF8C05E862 (resized).jpeg369BBF56-67D5-46A0-B055-FADF8C05E862 (resized).jpeg
#9033 1 year ago

Considering how far this pinball has travelled, I am amazed how well it faired, and how well a lot of delicate components managed to arrive without any sort of issues - great job thinking out how to ship this item safely.
BUT.... A power outlet wired up with some crimp connectors - this right here seems like a questionable design choice with significant potential failure..

#9034 1 year ago

Any idea how to check the fuses?
They have a directional arrow on them, I assumed they unscrew but they don’t seem to be coming out.

7CCBBFD7-EFFF-4F9C-AA28-1F3396A24CC2 (resized).jpeg7CCBBFD7-EFFF-4F9C-AA28-1F3396A24CC2 (resized).jpeg
#9040 1 year ago

Ok, totally rebuilt the plug, reseated the fuses (holders seem a bit temperamental) and back in business! Everything seems to be working!
Man this game plays smooth, this is a keeper! Will definitely need kid gloves due to some questionable design decisions but hopefully we’ll worth it!
Wife gives it two thumbs up as well… lol!

2 weeks later
#9439 1 year ago

Everything running fine. Install 2.8, now ball launches fail 2/3rds of the time (underpowered?), then work on the second try. Just the first thing I’ve noticed. Does not occur on saves or multiball. Anyone else see this?

1 month later
#10386 1 year ago

Somebody recently posted a link to a detailed rule set that lays out missions, modes and so forth. Can anyone point me to that post or provide the link? Did a search and tried to backtrack through the last few pages, but man this topic grows quickly!

#10491 1 year ago

So my machine, once it's been on for a while, say an hour or longer will start having trouble launching balls.
They just don't make it up the trough all the way.
The machine will try and try and try on ball saves and multi ball.
Same deal with new balls with the the launch button.
The quick turn off & reboot doesn't seem to help.
Letting it sit *off* it eventually goes away.
Any one else seen this? I am on the latest code - 3.0

#10576 1 year ago

Any "must have" recommendations for pf protection?
I suspect this game is going to get a lot of play here. Just love it.

#10577 1 year ago

Also of note.... put in a ticket to PB on my launcher not having enough power to launch a ball after the game has been on for a bit and they are already sending me out a new replacement coil and bushing - hasn't even been 24 hours since I logged the issue! That's service!

1 year later
#17798 62 days ago

My egg bumpers up top are really hard to activate, especially the lowest one of them. Is there a setting or something to improve their sensitivity?

#17806 60 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Leaf/spoon switch. Close the gap on it

We have a winner!
Thanks. Popped the hood, tweaked those switches and it works like a charm now.....

4 weeks later
#18326 30 days ago

Has anyone gotten any of the official PB add-ons yet? Impatiently waiting on the topper. My wife bought me the ramp lighting kit for my birthday which also is a no-show so far.... :/
Would be nice to have an idea when this stuff would ship, they're definitely off from their original ship dates and my topper final payment was well over a month ago.
These aren't pinball machines, they're add-ons. Kinda hoped they'd meet their self-determined timeline.

#18328 30 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're made in Israel, which is a problem right now with getting parts in and shipments out. That's causing the holdup...nothing we can do about it.

Ahhh... Interesting. Wasn't aware of that. Certainly makes sense if that's the case. Although in general, I would expect Israeli ports etc. to be fully operational given where the activity is taking place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.