IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2626 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_122308 (resized).jpg
IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6435 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1088 2 years ago

Well after months of reading this thread and seeing what Pinball Brothers has produced I finally put a deposit on my 1st NIB pin! I'm in the 3rd Quarter and was told to expect her August/September. Usually summer flies by so this move should ensure a long summer!

2 weeks later
#1495 2 years ago

Thanks so much for everyone sharing their experience so far. Absolutely love the honesty and can't wait to get my hands on this game!

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Probably too so to tell, but so far, no pooling and chipping on PB Alien! That's something I can't tolerate.

Here's one of the reasons I plunked down a deposit, these playfields look impenetrable!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=874644590025528

#1557 2 years ago

I can live with dimples, it's the playfields crumbling before our eyes that are unacceptable. With the switches positioned under the playfield without the cut outs there's even less chance of loss of artwork.

1 week later
#1655 2 years ago

Thanks Red Devils!

1 month later
#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Cato has been awesome.
I just asked him for new t-molding strip that got bent in shipping and whenever they can send me gen 2 switches. The game plays great. Sometimes I get a couple stuck stand up switches, no big deal....
He emailed me that he sent out a package with 4 new flipper bats wit PB on them, All new stand up targets, t molding. I say I cracked a plastic and he even got that thrown in last minute before it went out.
Top notch customer service.

Great to hear! With all of the help from the initial owners so far I'll be set when mine arrives. I humbly thank you good sirs!

3 weeks later
#3258 2 years ago

Just received the tracker mod, thanks Andrew!! I'm in Q3 and still haven't heard anything.

1 month later
#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Paid in full last week. Anyone have any insight on how long from paid in full to receiving the game? Thanks!

Paid in full Oct 22nd Melissa told me there's a container arriving in NYC Nov 15th. I asked if my game would be in that bunch and she replied she wasn't sure but that there is a second ship on the water as well and will hit port 2 weeks after the first one.

4 weeks later
#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I pinged Melissa. I'm in the December shipment, coming into port any day now. Not quite as woohoo as Wednesday, but Woohoo none the less!

I just received the same answer, my invoice #093130. Any day now!!

1 week later
#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I agree with you on everything here.
I don't want to harass her either. Hopefully we'll here something soon (some good news that is).

I keep checking here religiously because I don't want to bother Melissa again!

1 month later
#5019 2 years ago

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

1 week later
#5157 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You get your shipment notice on the 18th like you were told?

Sadly no

#5241 2 years ago

Outstanding!! Another daaaamn I gotta have that!

#5314 2 years ago

When I spoke with Melissa yesterday I told her I'm here in NY let me go pick it up myself. She told me no the games were now in Jersey and I couldn't go pick it up there either. Now hoping they get them in at cointaker Feb 5th.

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

These aren't the LVs right? (Those don't ship until EOM from what I understand) - anyone have a rough ETA for shipping time for those?

No these are the SVs that were on the second ship in port Dec.18th

1 week later
#5445 2 years ago

Another call to Melissa to confirm that CT received the container on the 5th. Not only did it not arrive but as far as she knows it's still sitting in Jersey. Oh and the best is she can't give me any answer as to when it might come!

#5494 2 years ago

273860808_5225506307462228_3296546710606005771_n (resized).jpg273860808_5225506307462228_3296546710606005771_n (resized).jpg

#5597 2 years ago

Yessssss!! I received a tracking #!

#5611 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To everybody that got tracking: eat a dick!
I kid I kid, congrats and I'm happy for ya'll

Crossing my fingers for you! May your tracking #arrive tomorrow!

#5613 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dude you’re a WAY better person than I am haha. You totally deserve to get it first! Tommy should definitely get his before me as well.
But man if I’m not right behind you guys I SWEAR TO GOD I’m gonna probably do nothing and patiently wait.

Was watching Prometheus in celebration when I saw this and almost choked on my drink!! Too kind and crazy

2 weeks later
#6013 2 years ago

Those 2 gifs are perfect! Get that excited guys because that's how good this game is!

2 weeks later
#6289 2 years ago

I have a Dec build and the coils are installed in the right direction. I had to bump my right orbit post 15% past factory and all the other adjustments previous owners were gracious enough to share. Now if I could only adjust the outlanes...

5 months later
#9604 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Fuses are good, checked with meter. No loose connectors and flippers work in coil test. Flipper switch blades making physical contact;
Thanks for advice re. starting a ticket with PB, had no idea that was a thing.

Hi Pinmeister, if you open up a ticket there customer support is fantastic. I was emailing them 10am-11am eastern and was getting responses back in 5 MINUTES! If I email Stern and ask a question I have to wait until 4:50pm until they respond. I have had the game since spring and never had an issue. A couple of weeks ago I turned the game on and all the right side coils seemed to be operating at 50%. The ball barely coughed up to the shooter lane but the coil to fire it on the playfield couldn't make it up the wireform. I removed the glass to test the game with the ball in play and realized instantly that all right side coils were weak. I turned them up 30 to 40% and played a few games. The next day I turned her on and had the same thing happen even though I had adjusted them in settings. I opened a ticket and jumped in the car to go to work. 5 minutes later I get a response. I was asked if I was comfortable soldering and when I replied yes he sent me 2 pics of the pc control board 0092 in the bottom of the control box. Once you remove all the connectors and remove the box from underside of the playfield, open the top of the box and disconnect the 4 interconnects. In the box on the bottom is the 0092 board.
I was asked to remove the 2 transistors circled and jumper them and then remove the board from the box and on the underside add a jumper wire to a cap. Here are the 2 pics I was sent. Once I made these alterations the coils all fired sufficiently. I dialed all back to normal except for the left flipper which I catch the ball on from the overpowered scoop. Please don't follow my advice though and open a ticket yourself to confirm. Good luck!!bLDLnTkYC4jElYSd_aPVZQhOKx1ierMuuQ (resized).jpgbLDLnTkYC4jElYSd_aPVZQhOKx1ierMuuQ (resized).jpgPaQ3brF1hbQPcc6cgLa05RPiU_sRYAiL7g (resized).jpgPaQ3brF1hbQPcc6cgLa05RPiU_sRYAiL7g (resized).jpg
I should have stated I couldn't get the transistors off with the soldering iron. I clipped the legs off of both then crushed the black body of the transistor until all that is left is the base. I then soldered the pins across both. Here's a pic of what I ended up with. Works great now but wont win any awards for presentation.20220817_115335 (resized).jpg20220817_115335 (resized).jpg

#9625 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

No strips you have to source these yourself. Once it is done, it rocks.[quoted image]

LOVE the license plate!!

6 months later
#13382 1 year ago

Absolutely love this game! Have had her for almost a year and have been neglecting my other pins. The one thing I wish they would have paid more attention to detail to is the tongue that eats the ball. The detailed head and moving jaw look fantastic but the round magnet on the end of the steel arm is lacking. After looking at it for a few months I decided to carve a wax mini jaw to sit around the magnet. I reached out to pinball brothers to ask for a cross section of the black plastic that the magnet retracts into but a number of requests were ignored. I would have liked to have beefed up the tongue and have the top 2 fangs taller but since it retracts into the plastic tunnel so the ball will drop I had to work with what I had. Instead I used a black sharpie to create stripes on the steel arm to try and make it a ribbed look. The mini jaw was cast in sterling silver so it wouldn't become magnetized and possibly create a problem with the ball releasing. I hot glued it on last December and it hasn't moved since. I had made a mold of the original and will check a second casting on my friends machine this Saturday. If the shrinkage is ok and it just slides on like the original I am going to make them available through Pingraffix if anyone is interested.

20220519_113312 - Copy (resized).jpg20220519_113312 - Copy (resized).jpg20221215_115414 (resized).jpg20221215_115414 (resized).jpg20221215_115439 (resized).jpg20221215_115439 (resized).jpg20221215_115452 (resized).jpg20221215_115452 (resized).jpg20230211_140826 (resized).jpg20230211_140826 (resized).jpg20230211_140842 (resized).jpg20230211_140842 (resized).jpg20230226_173056 (resized).jpg20230226_173056 (resized).jpg Added 13 months ago:

The mini jaws will be available to order at Pingraffix.com Here's a link to the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-mini-jaw-mod#post-7462315

#13384 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Looks awesome! I thought the same about the tongue. I’m definitely interested if these become available.

Thanks chubtoad13, I'll start a new thread this weekend.

#13401 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Very cool! Please post a link here once it's available.

Thanks for the kind words, will do.

#13424 1 year ago

Just edited my post earlier about the Alien mini jaw mod. Here's a link to the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-mini-jaw-mod#post-7462315

#13452 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Just edited my post earlier about the Alien mini jaw mod.
Here's a link to the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-mini-jaw-mod#post-7462315

You can find them here: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/alien-pinball-mini-jaw-mod

#13457 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's cool, but I am not paying that price..lol Is it molded out of platinum?

Thanks for the compliment and congrats on scoring a super deal on your Alien. It's 8.5dwt of s.silver plus the cost of caster and the polisher. If it was in platinum it would be between 4 to 500. If platinum is your thing and you're interested hit me up.

#13540 1 year ago

Looks fantastic! Especially that you can now see the outlanes!

3 weeks later
#13752 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Can anyone see anything wrong with my drop target coil assembly that is causing them to not raise?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't tell if your bracket is the same as mine but I had a square hole in the bracket right behind the coil allowing it to swivel back and forth. Notice in your pic the coil is almost at a 45% angle. I had to flip my coil upside down so that the square plastic base of the coil with the lugs sat flat against the bracket not allowing it to swivel. Once I made that adjustment the drops pop up every time.

2 weeks later
#13937 11 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Almost to fast in my opinion.

At 1st I loved the quick smooth motion of the tongue when upgraded, but for selfish reasons that's just less time my mini jaw gets seen while eating the ball.

5 months later
#15699 5 months ago

Woooohoooo! One of the lucky ones to pick this up beginning of 2022 and I'm so pumped to see Ripley in the game! Thanks so much Pinball Brothers for revisiting the license and making this happen! I can't wait to install the Ripley code!

#15729 5 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Also, learned a tidbit in the Pinball Brothers booth on Thursday. Close your eyes and move on because it's a cool weapon strategy spoiler and some folks like to figure out these things on their own......

I kept that secret since I was told late at an after party at Texas. Damn Jonesy is out of the bag now there goes my advantage!

2 weeks later
#16085 5 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

Lightening up the room a bit.....
New render of Ripley inspired back panel only, for the translite mod I did.
To those who got my translite drop me an email I'd you would like one. Cheers Kurt
[quoted image]

Freaking awesome! My stupid addiction has taken most of my wall space. It's the regular height of your other translites just wider?

#16114 5 months ago

Shout out to Pinball Brothers outstanding customer service!! For those of you that are still unsure and almost ready to pull the trigger I'd like to share my experience. I was playing my game, thankfully solo one evening, during the weekend of the Expo show and during a nice game with the Alien side fully completed and self destruct attained when working on the Aliens side the game just went dead in multiball. I couldn't power her back up by toggling the power switch. I put in a ticket and within a couple of hours Andrea was helping me diagnose the problem. I removed the power controller box and confirmed that I wasn't getting the 48V output from the box into the machine. Andrea told me not to worry, that this was a 1st but they would send me out a new power supply box and just return the bad one so they could diagnose the problem. Shawn was at Expo but the day he got back I received an email asking me for my address so he could send me out the new PSB. New box arrived and she's back up and running!! This company has gone above and beyond for me before since the early days. They are now established with more titles on the way. After the Heighway fiasco I was hesitant to pull the trigger wondering how long they'd be around. This game is such a complete package for the amount you're spending just on the SV! As an SV owner I'm so happy the Ripley code will be available for everyone! I just can't get this sh@! eating grin off of my face! This game rocks!!

1 week later
#16281 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

shitty picture, but hey.. thank you KJS... recieved today from "down under".

Wow when this was 1st shown I thought the scale of the borders were longer than the backbox. Now I think I need one...

1 month later
#17004 3 months ago

With 341 pages I don't know if this has been covered before but I wanted to share my experience with the drop targets. Over the last few months I was occasionally experiencing the drop target bank not resetting during a ball. They would pop back up when the next ball was served up. I noticed that in some cases when they didn't pop up they were only peeking out a tiny bit and then falling back down. I lifted the playfield to remove the mech and before removing I noticed the lift plate was dragging on the back wall of the mech. I removed just the plate and ground down the 2 tabs that are in between the 3 longer tabs that sit under the drops. Without those 2 tabs dragging on the back plate my APC targets pop up every time now!
20231220_190130 (resized).jpg20231220_190130 (resized).jpg

#17008 3 months ago

Thanks Batesy and Baggerman, I'll have to check those as well.

2 weeks later
#17235 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Mini jaw mod is pissing me off. Too tight, keeps rubbing even though I've been dremeling.

I'm sorry the mini jaw isn't fitting, I pm'd you and CoPinfan. I measured my hood's opening and it measures 15.8mm or 0.6220472in wide. I'm hoping the newer RV versions don't have smaller hoods. If someone with an RV could please measure the width of the hood's opening that the magnet retracts into it would be greatly appreciated.

#17248 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had this issue as well and I have an LV...

Even though I rubber wheel them each down to the same specs it seems some pins have a smaller hood. In some games regardless of whether the magnet is centered in the hood or not. I will reduce the outer 4 mandibles to ensure a better chance of it fitting in your game. If anyone has a problem I will have it shipped back and send you a smaller mandibled version. Rager if you want to try again I'll send you a smaller version half off for the inconvenience.

4 weeks later
#17705 65 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Lifesized facehuggers are on AliExpress. I got one around Black Friday for $90 Canadian to the door. So it’s practically free for USD.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$87.68 18% Off | Alien Facehugger Lifesize 1 Scale Official Covenant Poseable Prop Replica Figure Toy
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLxbBz4

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered

1 month later
#18359 25 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there an option in the game which allows you to skip ahead during cutscenes to move the game along faster? Some of the scenes really are a bit long especially with the new Ripley footage. The opening to the Queens nest takes forever.

Hit both flippers at the start of the mode to bypass the video and keep playing

#18377 24 days ago

The key is when you sell something you put aside some $ for the wifey so you can play the jedi mind trick and wave your hand in front of her when you're on you're way to the next score. She'll be distracted with the new shiny bling and everyone wins.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So you have to hold em down, cause I've hit both flippers all the time and nothing skips. So you have to press and hold down both buttons to skip?

Yeah hold em in until they register.

#18394 23 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

The tongue magnet is majorly chipped to and I removed the plastic plug that covers the screw that holds the magnet to the tongue.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/alien-pinball-mini-jaw-mod
You can protect the edge of your magnet with the mini jaw mod that encases the magnet.20230211_140729 (resized).jpg20230211_140729 (resized).jpg

#18426 23 days ago

Definitely considering this as I think it looks cool. Does it impact the capture at all or the dropping of the ball? And any chance the white brass comes back in stock. I prefer that look at its cheaper.

I've had my game for over 2 yrs with one spot of hot glue on the underside before I installed it and it still hasn't come off. It doesn't affect the capturing of the ball at all. I offer up the white brass version as a cheaper option. They're made to order so they;re always in stock, sorry for the confusion. I have to have Joe change the description on the page.

#18552 18 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My Pingraffix mini-jaw just seems to cause problems. I love the look, but it doesn’t seem to want to let the magnet and rod retract fully back into the head. It’s like the piece is too wide for the gap. Anybody else experienced this?

When I carved the piece to fit around the magnet there was just a millimeter and a half of space on either side of the jaw to the black hood it retracts into. With this tight tolerance if the jaw isn't centered the mandibles hit the side of the hood and pop off. If the angle of the rod that holds the magnet is too high, the jaw will catch the top rounded part of the entrance of the hood it retracts into. If the rod is angled too low the mini jaw and magnet will get caught on the bottom of the jaw for the head and can't reach the playfield. The Pinball Brothers site has a support page to show you how to access and adjust the rod's angle.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000760618-tlc-my-xenomorph
I just had a pinsider reach out to me to let me know his magnet was a little off to the left and that the adjustment of the rod only allowed him to move the angle up and down but not side to side. Instead of removing the whole mech he dremeled out the hood where the mini jaw was making contact. If anyone has a problem having the mini jaw fit please hit me up and I'll have you send it back and I will reduce the area that's hitting the hood. When the jaw is centered and not making contact with the hood it should only require a dab of hot glue. I've had mine on for almost 2 yrs with just a dab of the hot glue. I used hot glue so that if it did catch on the hood it would just pop off rather than catch and grind the servo mech making it retract.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=crispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.