b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, I was just saying it could all fall apart before they get to them. Hard to tell at this point, but hopefully it all works out!!

me2

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

zablon and joetechbob I find myself in total agreement with both of you. After listening to the podcast interview in which they say you will be able to purchase the extras as add-ons in due time. The only thing that would steer me to an LV right now would be the large monitor in the back box.
Ever since I got in to pinball this has also been my dream theme and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75

Would love to see them integrate playfield monitor; but I do not think this is even on the table for consideration.

So that is the $2k more - would be my guess.

What do you think??

1 week later
#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Starting to get ready.... already ordered the open egg from back ally this is one the face hugger came with. Come on Pinball Brothers we need some news
[quoted image]

Do they currently sell this with the facehugger?

2 weeks later
#254 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What are you expecting to see though? The machine has already been out for years

LV version - what’s in it?????

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Wait doesn’t this contradict what they said... they said they built / shipped games already some shipped via air & now posted “we have a problem, need to work it out before we ship games” ?!

Where did PB say they shipped games? Did I miss that?

3 weeks later
#418 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I guess it was bound to happen. I have been trying to keep this thread as positive as I can. But it appears that some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Please if you want to complain just go to the other thread there is a lot of whining going on in that thread. Most of the people in here are super excited to be able to get in on their grail pin for a price that is unheard of. We are happy to sit in our "bubble" and wait this out. Could PB do better marketing and show more of the product? Absolutely! But we aren't running the company or building the machines, so I for one will take the little tidbits they offer and keep on waiting, because I'm certain that this game will materialize sooner rather than later. There are many ways to look at how they are marketing this and I must admit that they are going through their due diligence to make sure that the game that ships to the consumer is as bug free as they can get it because they know of all the history good and bad that surrounds it, if that means we have to wait another month or two to get a much better game experience then so be it. I will continue to wait and watch for any new posts from them and report them here as soon as I can. I just want this thread to be as positive as it can because come on guys this is one hell of a pinball machine and it's going to be well worth the wait.

Hope you are right (as I have a LV number secured with Melissa).

But keep your eyes wide open - listen to words you typed vs pure blindness:

-grail pin
-unheard of price
-I AM CERTAIN
-bubble
-we aren’t running the company
-bug free game
-just want this thread to be positive

Be excited is cool but don’t be blind & certain. Nothing has happened yet.

2 months later
#712 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not chrome. It’s rough brushed metal. Like exactly how it came from the manufacturer that cut them. Haha

Must be stainless?

1 week later
#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wondering the same thing. I don’t think Cointaker should have taken balances until the games were actually shipping. Now we’re stuck waiting. There are a lot of bugs that need to be addressed and hopefully they are fixing these issues before sending the games out. I hope I don’t get buyers remorse because this is the most I have ever spent on a pinball machine. I don’t mind fixing or dialing things in but hope it impresses me and plays right.

You can usually transfer the money over to another game at Cointaker if you want- fyi

1 month later
#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

LV-426 has landed. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

Wish that was LV 426 then we would know what the LV has different.

2 weeks later
#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We have some good news coming to all the new peeps enjoying this crazy ass cool PIN!!!!.

New code…

3 weeks later
#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Was at Pinfest this weekend talked to Melissa from CoinTaker in the flesh regarding Alien LV. She claims the details / announcement will be made prior to the end of the year of officially what will be included. I'm really looking forward to adding this game to my collection. I hope that they include some nice goodies with the LV (It's assumed that beacons are coming *likely confirmed* for sure). I commend you guys as the first testers people to receive the standard edition Alien games for keeping your cool on the brand new revision of this game as they work out some kinks. From the surface it looks like Pinball Brothers are committed to standing by their products / customer support to make sure things are rectified. I'm not expecting the LV's to be perfect, but hopefully they address majority of the known initial issues prior to those shipping, as badly as I want it now, I'd rather wait for them to work things out.

I thought they were shooting for summer announcement on LV. Must be running behind!

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I dropped out today and requested a refund - I’ll revisit Alien next year and see if the kinks are worked out. Hope all of you earlier adopters have good luck getting and/or keeping your game working. Look forward to playing one of these machines soon!

Ah…ok. Thanks for letting me know.

3 weeks later
#2114 2 years ago

I guess this is old news on prices.

If you put down a dollar will they honor the price for the LV?

30D5298E-3A26-4FBA-82B5-9C91799294D4 (resized).jpeg30D5298E-3A26-4FBA-82B5-9C91799294D4 (resized).jpeg
#2115 2 years ago

There website still has $9999.

45F752BD-0B01-4E22-A70C-A12FD3C3A2D1 (resized).png45F752BD-0B01-4E22-A70C-A12FD3C3A2D1 (resized).png
1 week later
#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Why hasn’t cointaker price went up then? Very strange. Hopefully people are locked into the $7777 price who put down a deposit.

They have on Cointaker website....she just made an error on the total.

ALIEN Pinball Deposit - Standard Edition by Pinball Brothers 3rd Quarter 2021
This is a deposit for Alien Standard Edition shipping 3rd qtr. ($1000 down plus...)
BALANCE is 7595.00 plus 418.00 shipping

1 week later
#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Same here! Was also asked for payment for the motion tracker mod yesterday...Finally coming together!

Are the tracker mods ready now?

1 week later
#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Or tomorrow is disappointing and the new features on the LV don't justify the price. My gut says the LV will be underwhelming. No playfield screen and no larger backbox screen. I hope I'm wrong.

If so, LV sales will fade quickly!

#2994 2 years ago

Is that a lcd screen in the apron?

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im not sold on the LV.
It seems anemic for the extra $2100.
And 1000 units is not really exclusive when the parts can be added to any model of the game.
200 or even 500 might be ok.
I might be out...
It took a year for CGC to sell out the AFMrLE's at 1000 units.
So at 1000 units, there is no hurry at all.

Happens on Stern LEs. People question the ~2k difference almost every time. The premium guys justify their thoughts of not paying the extra. Just like on (most) Stern LEs the LE guys (most of them) have no issues with the extra cash.

PB should follow Sterns way, don’t offer the extras as add ons to lower versions. If PB does offer the extras they might shoot themselves in the foot and not get the complete 1000 unit sales.

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It doesn't always work out, or necessitate the upgrade. Example - Ghostbusters Prem vs/ Pro...I have a Premium, which I love, but the Pro plays great and is said to have better 'flow'
Until you get to play both its hard to have an opinion...the layout of the LV is the same at the SE (unless I missed something)...so it's really - do you want the extras or are you fine with the basics? Agreed the SEs on the original price point got a great deal...For anyone who doesnt have an Aliens pin (Heighway or PB SE) and is now, as of today, ready commit to the purchase - the LV is a no brainer. Also remember, this is still boutique pinball...I can forgive PB lack of investing in additional marketing and release/video promotions like Stern. That's ok, I hate commercials and advertising in general. Just make the game great. The feedback from sources I trust on Aliens SE is great.

Understand your comments.
My view is Stern Premium vs LE (not Pro).
The premium machine tends to be $1500 cheaper and the cost conscious people that buy the premium typically always add up the extras on the LE and say it isn’t worth it. (Premium and LE are the same playfield like Alien).

My view is people typically buy in 1 segment based on their means, theme and views. LE buyers typically are not looking at it the same way as Premium buyers. IMHO that will hold true on Aliens.

To me the best question is there a 1000 people in this segment. For Sterns last game Godzilla they certainly sold out 1000 LEs almost overnight. That is a good sign for Alien LV.

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Make it a Quasi LV and who knows a XV one day...haha

No XV unless they reverse course.

Question is what is exclusive to LV vs SV. If they don’t make options exclusive to LV they will not sell 1000. However I think they will be smart about making them exclusive.

AAF89B9D-875B-400E-9CE3-9B6C19F61660 (resized).jpegAAF89B9D-875B-400E-9CE3-9B6C19F61660 (resized).jpeg
#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I spoke to Cato this morning. The LV will only get a shaker motor option. The rest of the options (Translite, Topper, Side Art) are limited to the LV.
Whilst I get the decision I can't understand why they wouldn't reward early adopters with at least the option of buying a Topper....
I've heard of 'Ali Express' options for the topper. Can anyone link me a version I could just fit myself?

I get it - who would drop extra cash if items were not limited?

1 week later
#3368 2 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Just finished another batch. I only have to put decals on them which takes quite a while. If you’re interested in the airlock overlay mod, send me a message. I’ll sell them in the order messages are received. US only shipping for now. Gonna be next week before I can mail any out. Price is $63 including shipping. Thanks! And thanks to everyone who has already purchased one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do these work for LVs?

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Melissa mentioned she would be sending out an email this week detailing where everyone is on the list for the LV.
Anyone gotten anything from her?

Did this happen?

1 week later
#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I didn't sell my Alien. I still have it. Running in my arcade.
So yes, I can say anything I want about the topic. This isn't some gestapo shit here. I own the game, I run it on location for people to play on free play.
You fail to see I am trying to keep this running so people can PLAY IT PUBLICLY.
Sorry, the fact of the matter is the game has issues. The company is dealing with it, but this romanticizing of boutique stuff needs to stop.
And you are very lucky on the POTC. Every one of them ends up having the same issues eventually.

Your concern on issues is fair, we are also seeing improvements.

The ironic (& confusing) part of your comment on "romanticizing on boutique" games is...that you went and bought one (used) for public location.

I have to ask - you had to be romanticizing a bit here - thinking this game would be cool to have in my collection on location.

Being the realist that you claim to be - why in the heck would you even buy a boutique game in the first place based on your comments.

Seems like a double standard.

What you need to do is stay away from the boutique games period - anything you put on location should be mass produced (in 1,000's of) games.
You then should be good - for the most part.

3 weeks later
#3905 2 years ago

Ok,
I need some input from buyers and future buyers:

$8595 for Standard Version (SV)
-I am going in on the custom apron (& now beacons). Which is going for $1000
So total will be $9595

Or

Do I just buy LV which is supposed to have custom Apron and beacons already integrated? So the difference is $1000 now. What do you get for $1000 more?
$10695 for Limited Version (LV)

Any feedback is appreciated. For those already in on SV - think about this if you were to purchase a new game today.

Edit - I guess a number of features for the additional $1k. Download details.

6678B9F9-C6D1-4E1B-88B1-46462F6A1C0E (resized).jpeg6678B9F9-C6D1-4E1B-88B1-46462F6A1C0E (resized).jpeg
#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree they should have showed ACTUAL cabinet as opposed to a render. But you pretty much should be able to grasp the game as their photoshop place holder. And speaking of art, you can tell just from that render that pinsider Aurich did an incredible job. It would be really neat if they decided to add the glowing "ALIEN" letters on the side with it being back lit opaque plexiglass / acrylic glass etc (similar to the Heighway version). I could also see them still producing an Alien [XV] with that and possibly larger screen, would it piss me off as an LV buyer, if announced down the road... probably. But most of the pinball manufactures have proven they basically do what they want. Just as others stated happy to have this game become available again. What an amazing effort & accomplishment for Pinball Brothers!

I contacted PB awhile ago and have an email stating they would not be making a XV version. Of course, they can change their minds like Stern does…lol.

2 weeks later
#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

As we slowly creep into December, what are the chances of seeing some more LV news I wonder. I'm not greedy, just a snippet of info, or even a single picture would be awesome.
Jeez - between this and Halloween, I'm finding it hard to just calm down and wait for whenever they arrive. I don't think I've actually been this hyped up for 2 pins ever and I'm definitely watching, no - STARING at the pot - which at this stage isn't even lukewarm! This is going to seem like a very long wait...

LV reveal would be nice this year, but have feeling it will be next year.

#4133 2 years ago

I don’t see these red long rectangles (circled in yellow in the picture) in the models above. Are these on the game already?

075612C5-D6D6-4F13-9B87-F2F51539A8DB (resized).jpeg075612C5-D6D6-4F13-9B87-F2F51539A8DB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4297 2 years ago

Lots of New machines - figured we would be getting error free games by now.

1 week later
#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Painted armor and cab lighting, LV video coming tomorrow.

Relooking closer at the picture you can see blurred pinball machine picture. Looks like painted armor.

My guess would be LV reveal too.

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What else could it possibly be? What else is EVERYONE waiting on from PB to reveal? I mean..c'mon.. what do you guys think it is?

My guess is LV.

But could be shaker option or big code release.

#4575 2 years ago

Cool video. Looks awesome. Like it better than SV.

Just need to see the Apron.

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

From Pinball Brothers Facebook page. They are running a charity auction to bid on dog tag numbers if you’re interested in that as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They are supposed to auction LV-223 also I heard.

The 2 key planets in the movies.

One was going to the US the other to an auction in UK. Looks like that changed and it is now wide open.

#4637 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah I’m still in for an LV but I do believe they pulled a fast one by saying “custom apron “I hope that’s not the final product, I love the other apron idea But A little spendy so I’m still thinking about it but did get the shooter mod with the tracker can’t wait to install it

They “pulled a fast one.”

I emailed and just emailed again for an explanation. UPDATE-Explanation: PB marketing team “pumping” it up to much and those 2 items go together. No changes to LV Apron other than dog tag - which can be printed off of website listed above.

NOTE - that just makes the Apron mod a must now IMHO. Not sure why PB did not incorporate the Apron mod if they were not going to do a custom Apron. At minimum give these mod guys the ability to “hook in.” (My guess is that PB thought about doing a custom apron when the “Apron mod team” was doing their thing and then PB thought again when they looked into the cost).

See pictures below:
7271D7DD-F3F4-4B76-9482-BAEF23020C32 (resized).jpeg7271D7DD-F3F4-4B76-9482-BAEF23020C32 (resized).jpeg

#4640 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I have to agree with this

Can’t miss what I didn’t have.
So I am good.

#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Odds of a Christmas Miracle on delivery?

D4D12DC5-4A41-4399-8E44-2768135CA537.gifD4D12DC5-4A41-4399-8E44-2768135CA537.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

that was my orig # with Heighway. I was hoping it would come back with my LV order
oh well

Well since they are doing the auction for LV-426 different ask Melissa maybe you can get it.

#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well since they are doing the auction for LV-426 different ask Melissa maybe you can get it.

While numbers sound kind of cool they are not worth more than numbers 425 or 200, etc.

Now maybe someone that has LV-1 might have the “first” one can claim it was first off the line. But I don’t even think that is true since they will be made out of order.

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Apparently this machine is now delayed until February - so it's still open if anyone wants to buy out my spot. Not going to make it for Christmas though.

Why delay? Not in next batch/boat? Or are they moving up LVs?

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The bid for #426 is over $2000.. yikes

Is there a place to see this?

I assume you mean $2000 over list price?

Edit - this is just bidding for the dog tag and 1st one to leave the factory. I just reread my email.
That’s insane $2k bid. Look at the link above and get a dog tag printed to whatever number you want.

Wow

#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Glad it's for a good cause...but...???

Agree, glad for a cause.

Cuz $2k for dog tag you can generate in 2 mins is way out of line.

I used your link and in 2 mins I got this with out even trying.

Now if I spent a bit more time I probably could get 100%

Man this pinball world and prices have got way out of control.

FF24C472-36E8-416E-8741-0940A8B75E58 (resized).jpegFF24C472-36E8-416E-8741-0940A8B75E58 (resized).jpeg

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

As a customer, all I really want is baseline communication. This is a crazy world we live in right now with delays and supply chain problems. If you're being told that your machine is all but on the way, and then something goes wrong, a quick email with "we're very sorry, but there has been a delay due to X reason. The new expected date is now X." would be fantastic. What kinda sucks is thinking it's going to be any day now, and then the forums, not the distributor tells you that it sounds like there is a delay. Things happen... but here I am making sure I don't go out of town for the next few weeks based on knowledge that is possibly incorrect. It's all good I suppose.. it just brings back bad memories of construction workers that stop mid-way through a project and don't come back. Not saying that's the case here... but paying in advance causes us to worry when the communication isn't there.

Sounds fair and pretty simple - quick email.

#4762 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

That’s insane. That does *not* include the cost of the machine.[quoted image]

I am wondering if the person bidding that much understood it was for just a tag or they were thinking it was for the machine.

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just got my invoice on lv #2 Supposedly games should be leaving port in mid January

Great.

Can you let the rest of us know when you put in your request; down payment, etc. kind of gives us a ballpark. Thx!

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I paid on 12/2020 so just a year lol, I’m fine with the wait so all bugs are worked out

I put in a number to reserve in December.
Did you actually put money down in December? I didn’t think there was a way to put money down? I put the $1 down when that went live in January, also.

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

cpr9999 Did they answer your question on the apron?

Yes.
Their reply was in my post - “Marketing oversold the Limited Apron. It just meant adding a dog tag”.

#4874 2 years ago
Quoted from driph:

That's the line that sold me on the apron mod! Maybe I'll transfer the dog tag over...

You and all the rest of us!

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've put a lot of mental cycles into this, but I think I may go SV on this instead of the LV. Can someone talk me into the LV? The lit side blades would be cool, but 2k cool? I'm getting the beacons with the apron upgrade, so covered there. Besides, I like the taller versions better.
To me, the art is a toss-up. I think the queen on the backglass looks good, but I also like the darker look of the SV. So there's the alien head side rails...I feel like they are a bit understated. I mean, I like them, but I'm not sure how much of an overall impact they make. It's really down to the 2k, and it's easier for me to pull the trigger on ~9K shipped vs. ~11k shipped. Over 10k still has a slight mental hurdle for me, unless it's just a knock my socks off, gotta have it difference. Sorry for the mental rant, I'm just trying to firm up a decision.

Here is the difference list. Note the Limited Apron and Dog tag are the same thing. This might help you decide - they are estimates for helping make your decision.

1. Powered coating: $400
2. Custom Zeno side armor rails: $100
3. Lit up backboard: $100
4. Interactive beacons: $200 (based on Apron Mod cost).
5. Limited number dog tag: $10
6. Anti-reflective glass: $300
7. 3 Open pop bumper egg: $100
8. Lit inner side blades: $150
9. Limited artwork: $???
10. Shaker motor: $100
11. Limited Apron: $0 (see dog tag above)

Total: $1460 + limited art value (?)

Of course you get the “collector” view of owning a LV whatever that is worth to you.

Note: I often add up the Stern LE extras and they never add up to the value of a premium or pro. Bottom line it really gets down to paying a premium price for those few extras. With that said it’s a hobby and fun so not everything has to be equal-right? If you are budget conscious go SV otherwise go for it - and buy the LV in this case!
4CA48CCB-131D-44B6-BADD-57D49931A8B4 (resized).png4CA48CCB-131D-44B6-BADD-57D49931A8B4 (resized).png

#4891 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just for conversation sake, there is no way the "lit up background' is anywhere near $100. That's like $5.
The open pop bumpers you can buy are $35

$35 per egg right? So $105 for 3eggs?

Lit up apron is worth more than $5. I make mods and no way can you do $5 plus your time.

Again I am giving an approximate cost.

Typically you pay a premium for LEs on Stern and get like 60 cents on a dollars worth. Same here - no different.

#4918 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Happy New year - Got my pay in full order on Aliens LV from CT. I'm #36 (I got pushed from 35 due to a count adjustment). Not a big deal I assume and I'm not crying about it.
Looks like Aliens will arrive before TBL, even though I paid TBL deposit about 5 months prior.
The home arcade is about to get a major upgrade. My Ghostbusters Prem is a great game but I'm quite tired of it. Not selling it tho, as I want to see what my perfect trio of film themed games will look like together. Can't fuggin' wait.

When did you put in your original order?

1 week later
#5042 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I am game #10 and I paid my invoice in full last week, Have been told approx 35 LV's are shipping end of this month

Cool.

When did you commit to buying? And how?
You put a $1 down?

#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Not being impatient, the game will get here when it gets here, but I’d love to have an idea when that might be…
To those receiving an LV from the first lot, when did you pay the $1,000 deposit?
I indicated interest to Melissa December 2020, and paid the $1,000 deposit September 25. I haven’t heard anything, and similar to others, no response to email.
I went through this process with TBL, and Melissa is solid gold so I don’t want to bother her by calling, although I know she would answer.

12/19 - asked to reserve a spot for me for LV
12/20 - final confirmation on specific LV # reserved
1/9 - put $1 down via CT website
10/1 - received down payment invoice and put $999 down

No final invoice yet.

#5062 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I paid my 1400 deposit on 12/2020, paid invoice last week lv game#2

The $1400 down was a transfer from a SV to LV - correct?

#5094 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I paid my $1400 deposit to Cointaker for an LV on 12/18/20 and still no final invoice.

You must have transferred your SV deposit?

1 week later
#5283 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. I did a massive day yesterday and got my translite, apron, door mods printed and will be posting ( shipping) off today to all of you who have contacted me by email and confirmed. I have had alot of mixed messages like...yeah I want one, maybe get back to me etc. Classic pinballers!
I am only following up on people who have emailed me, confirmed what they wanted and provided full addreess and phone number details.
Too be honest with the work, upfront costs and time involved I wont be doing these indefinately. Maybe another 1 or 2 small batches and then I will be on to my new projects...
Thankyou
Kurt

Does anyone know prices of these mods? Ball park price before I pester the creator.

2 weeks later
#5513 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I was told approx 36LV's when I spoke to Melissa a few weeks ago' Im paid in full and have game LV#10
I will share if/when I hear anything

When did u put deposit down? Or did you convert your SV money?

1 month later
#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have a lead on the tracking for the LVs USA bound? I'm in the mid 30s based on CT assignment...how soon do we really think these will show up?

Do we know the number below of LVs being shipped in the next batch and timing?

Assume CT had you pay final invoice?

1 week later
#6987 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I recommend https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/ and the Polaris Carbon balls he sells. I use them in all my magnet games. I have over 400 into GB, 1000 into R&M, hundred or so into Mando, 1000 into AMH, 80 into alien (after changing the balls s/p pinbrew) and they are not magnetized at all. Plus, they shine almost as bright as chrome or their ninja(silver jet) high polish versions.

Thanks!

1 week later
#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Going rate would be what they're currently selling for at Cointaker, seeing as they're still taking deposits.

I think you have to add shipping too.

#7248 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

All good on mine..
[quoted image]

Looks like a crack in the orange line?
Or is that just a picture illusion…

#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:You talking about on the bottom right? that's just the border of the plastic vs. the pf and the art going over it.

Yeah.
Makes sense.

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

The LV unboxing video:

Retrocengo - how about doing an install video of the playfield protector so we can see what it takes? Thx

#7406 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Don't give up on it yet mate! If it helps, I've noticed connector issues in several spots on my game and it's caused some very weird behaviour. The start up issue I had sounds the same as yours - the PB logo comes up and just sits there stuck. I traced that back to a really shonky USB connector in the cabinet box because I could feel it had wriggled itself loose, and it really doesn't sit properly in its connection when it's plugged in. I've had to "secure' it in place for the time being just to stop it moving around while playing. Anyway, since securing that (basically with a bit of putty lol)I haven't had the startup issue, so for sure check that usb plug. I can give pics if necessary.
I *have* had some other problems since - such as tilt warnings firing randomly, phantom switch hits, the start button no longer working and the monitor not coming on even though the machine appears to start up ok. Also one of my pop bumpers is not lighting up. Pretty much all of these (besides the pop bumper) appear to have caused by connectors so far. I think, as others have said the wiring on this machine is very secure - perhaps too much, so that any movement of the machine can pull connections free, and I've had the playfield in/out quite a bit putting in mods, checking things over etc...
I doubt there's a whole lot wrong with your machine it just feels like it. The guys on here and PB will get us all up and running 100% and once it is I think it'll be solid. I think we just have to be a little patient with this one at the start.

Someone should mention to PB to put “service loop-slack” in the wires / connectors. Don’t pull super tight.

#7470 1 year ago

Can PB keep this up - shipping / expediting “care packages”? At some point this has to erode margins.

On the flip side if PB did not they would be in trouble sooner.

If they want to be around long term, quality has to improve or they will go out of business.

2 weeks later
#7919 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

LV #28 - Hey all - just an update. I FINALLY had a chance to try the instructions on the video to 'calibrate' the Xeno head, per the instructions received from Andrea.
I think what may help folks in the future is to have the playfield standing so you can access the bottom, and connect the Xeno head there to perform the calibration as done in this video. Still useful to have two people. but this simplified the process.
Also my APC targets are nice and stable. I cut a couple of pieces of thick'ish paper and aligned with the plastic drop target ledge piece.
I actually did a similar thing on my Ghostbusters awhile back and it seemed to help.
Lastly - I had a water leak in my ceiling in my game room....So that obviously took precedence moving everything out...nothing got damaged/wet, but was a scare![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once playfield was vertical, did you calibrate xeno while motor etc were out of machine, like in video?

#7923 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Another day, another game freeze. No ball search, just hit airlock scoop. Mode starts, timer doesn't move, ball doesn't eject from airlock.
Time goes down a little bit but hangs in the 25 second region. Eventually game mode ends, never does a ball search and ends ball. New ball starts but ball doesn't eject.
Can't get into service menu either during the freeze. Only way out is to reboot.
These random mode freezes are starting to become more frequent.

Do they have a decent coder dedicated to making the code better?

#7972 1 year ago

Does anyone know if they have a full time programmer improving the code? Fixing bugs?

1 week later
#8018 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

if you didn't do a factory reset, I would recommend it. Maybe even reinstall 2.7 and factory reset as well and see if it still does it.

Just curious why the factory reset?
Don’t have mine yet - does the game code get mixed up?

2 weeks later
#8287 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I am LV #137 and it’s incoming next week.

Who was your distributor?

#8321 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Invoiced and paid in full today. Now for the real wait. If the FB post was right my game will be built in the next two weeks!

How did you determine the next 2 weeks? Thx

#8322 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What is your game number Chalkey ?

Ditto what’s your game number?

#8328 1 year ago

Are they delivering in order of LV # or is it random?

#8351 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Nope. Which is odd, because my invoice said LV#0137

You might want to let Melissa know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.