b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pballjunkie - let us know how yours reacts. Does the jaw close after it eats it. Looks odd with the mouth just stuck open during MB.

Played his for 2 hours yesterday. Played ambush 4 times and it ate the ball twice. I believe it closed the mouth at least once. I didn’t know it was supposed to do that so I want to say the first time it didn’t close. The other two times, the magnet didn’t grab the ball, so the xeno ate nothing.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the chrome is starting to grow on me although I'm still prob powdering it. For the guys with their games - are those just general bally williams

It’s not chrome. It’s rough brushed metal. Like exactly how it came from the manufacturer that cut them. Haha

#747 2 years ago

My suggestion for the kick out (@pballjunkie’s is definitely inconsistent)

Can you adjust it like classic kick outs? Is it a metal arm that kicks it out? If so, try adjusting that arm.

#749 2 years ago

Slo mo video from above the playfield when the ball kicks out to see what is causing it to go off course.

#751 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Looks like JJP on the G&R has this scoop issue as well.

We’re talking about the left saucer kick out, not the scoop.

GNR just needs the hood adjusted (bent).

#753 2 years ago

Not sure how they are wired up, but maybe leaf switches can be swapped in?

#783 2 years ago

Yeah hopefully they are just leaf switches.

#785 2 years ago

From the players perspective, you definitely can’t see the ball in there.

#788 2 years ago

Yeah I saw zero issues with this scoop. Feeds were great and consistent.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

how could they be magnetized already during the first week or so of ownership?

Depending on the balls and the magnet, the balls will become magnetized the first time the magnet grabs it.

This issue did not happen on the one I played at all. There was a case where two balls were served into the shooter lane, but I think that was just the shooter lane switch not registering. In that case the ball wouldn’t launch until ball search cleared it.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

The up posts are not programmed to go up every time you shoot the orbits in Derelict ship(I talked to Cato about this) it is a misunderstanding. See if they work in test and if they do you are good.

When is the ball supposed to feed the pops? I’ve never seen it happen.

#857 2 years ago

Probably has too long of a delay between when the switch registers and the magnet turns on too.

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It’s a huge issue. Main toy that interacts with ball is not gonna work probably half the time. What’s the point then?

Start ambush better?

1 week later
#951 2 years ago

Make sure those are the new ones. Mike at Comics to Games here in town said his look like this

Switch is in the middle of the bracket.

752045F3-8954-484C-AE60-CC36E65D4A00 (resized).jpeg752045F3-8954-484C-AE60-CC36E65D4A00 (resized).jpeg
#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Those microswitches are awful...bad bad design choice.

Or just positioned badly. We shall see.

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Thanks chuckwurt - that is what I was expecting to see as Cato told me they moved the microswitch. I was sent six switches and none of them have a repositioned microswitch.
Looking at your pic - it seems they just drilled an extra hole in the switch board and slid the whole thing down. Lol

I noticed that too. Should be easy enough to do yourself if that is the case.

#958 2 years ago

Can you wire up leaf switches instead?

#960 2 years ago

Just cut the wires off the stock connector and solder them to a leaf switch.

#961 2 years ago

Looks like the stock board has an led on it too. So leaf switch is probably a no go unless you want to lose the light.

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The LED is not hooked up on these weapon target switches. If you see there are two connectors at the base of the board and only one green wire in my picture. The second connector is used for the RGB LED, which is only connected on the other "larger" target switches (Xeno, Chestburster, Recharge)

Yeah I saw that. Just saying that due to the rgb light, you can’t completely replace the stock switch with a leaf switch.

#977 2 years ago

Just played some more on the one near me after he got replacement standups and some other switch issues fixed. The standups worked okay, but not great still. The didn’t always register, especially the ones at the right ramp.

Other than that, played great.

#980 2 years ago

Thanks. I’ll try and keep a mental note for which ones I’ve hit. I seemed to get weapons fine and was getting 2-3 per game which is typical for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1063 2 years ago

I think we need to make sure the current target inconsistencies aren’t code related. Then start switching them out with leaf switches.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

They aren't, i've replaced all micro switches from those targets one month ago and ... let's say... 20 games later 2 out of 5 are already broken !

Then I suggest using ones that aren’t like white water.

1 week later
#1180 2 years ago

Yeah that sounds way smoother.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm very happy to hear that the Pinball Brothers are rocking it when it comes to customer service. This great game deserves it, especially after all it's been through.

I’m encouraged by this too. But is it the greatest idea to keep just sending out the flawed parts or should they really redesign some of this stuff so they can just send one replacement and be done with it?

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No idea which of these parts need design fixes and which are inherently fine but just failed by bad luck. But it takes time to redesign, validate, and produce new parts, and certainly customers in the field don’t want to just be dead while all that happens.

How about starting with tried and true orbit posts and standup targets that don’t fail in the 100s of games they’ve been used in before now? Keep the simple stuff simple.

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is it 'simple' or 'cheaper'. I would guess cheaper.

It’s both imo. Those color changing standups are cool looking but as we have seen, lots of issues.

1 week later
#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

For anyone having issues with the skinny stand ups, I put together a temp fix while I wait for the Gen3 targets. I have emailed back and forth with Cato and he has been very helpful. I purchased a set of 5 green standup targets from Pinball Life and cut the exist wire connector in half to use for the new targets. I added some extra wire as well. I spent about an hour to do all five and they are working perfectly. I know PB will ultimately fix this issue and they are currently working on it with the Gen3 targets. I just wanted to share this temp fix with everyone in case anyone want to do the same. As an FYI, with the playfield in the upright position, the wire on the right (on the board) will connect to the metal blade on the stand up target in the non-stripe side of the diode and the wire on the left of the node board will connect to the blade without the diode on it. The extra wire I added is 20 or 22 gauge, I only had 18 gauge and it worked. They work perfectly and it is really nice to be collecting a lot more weapons. Here is a link to the Pinball Life targets I purchased. They may have other colors if you don’t like green. You will need 5 if changing out all of them. Once the Gen3 targets arrive, it will be easy to switch. I did ask Cato for replacement connectors with the Gen3 targets.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-green-transparent-standup-target-3-ddeep-rectangle.html
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m going to take a wild guess and say this solved the issues with the targets not always registering. Nice work!

1 month later
#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Not only is it solid, but any problem I have encountered so far has been a super easy fix. The thing is designed in a way that replacing parts is super easy. I'm used to working on older pinball machines and the design makes it a joy to work on.

So it was super easy to fix the loud grinding noise that the alien tongue makes? I know someone posted about that, but wasn’t sure how well the fix worked, or how easy it was.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've never had to touch my Alien Xenomorph. As I recall, it was particularly loud when you first powered in on in an earlier software version, but a software update changed the speed of the Xenomorph tongue on power-on, which resolved that.

Glad to hear. Sounded awful before. Fingers crossed it holds up.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

At first I didn't like the sensitive buttons.... but now I'm used to them. Now my Williams buttons feel too stiff. There must be a happy medium somewhere.

It comes from the cabinet switch. Not the button. The stronger the cabinet switch the more stiff the button. Adjust the switch to be closer to the cabinet wall to stiffen the button feel. Or replace the cabinet switch with a stiffer one.

#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Same here... I think the only people disappointed are those who were expecting the unreasonable.

Just wait until the people who bought this game without researching it get their games.

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Well, those people won't have the first 20 games ever produced, now will they?

Right. Fingers crossed a lot of the kinks are worked out by then. At least so far PB has been very responsive and receptive to the feedback.

6 months later
#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I was wondering if they might be magnetized, very strange for new balls. I am going to order that product that you recommended. Thanks for the tip.

Just get tried and true balls. Titan standard shiny balls. Titan pinball.

#6497 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I didnt think you can use the shiny ones as they magnetize that you need the slightly duller hi carbon ones?

That’s why I said standard shiny balls. Not super shiny. Those will never magnetize.

2 weeks later
#6981 2 years ago

Not surprised unfortunately. I’ve seen balls magnetize after the first pull of a magnet in the game.

#7009 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

So... I notice that on this game, unlike a lot of other pinball games, there is no easy/medium/hard post holes on the outlanes. Mine is an HUO and I feel like those damn outlanes are too greedy for me, and I want to modify -- anyone have any recommendations?

Make it 5 ball.

#7083 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Huh - if that's the issue, what's the fix? I can degauss them, but that's a bit frustrating.

Replace them wit titan pinball standard shiny balls. Those will not magnetize.

#7085 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Silly question but...those should work with the Queen mouth grab and other magnets on the game, correct?

Yes.

2 weeks later
#7544 1 year ago

No way should you wait months after paying in full. Do not pay a cent until your game’s shipment is right around the corner.

#7554 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Not the way it works for Aliens or Lebowski

Shame. Wish other distributors got those games.

1 month later
#8187 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is there a way to report people that constantly downvote my comments on here for no reason other than perhaps promote online bullying?
This childish behaviour need to stop.
Allow me to introduce to you all, my own and personal downvoter.[quoted image]

Just turn downvoting off in your settings.

If someone is downvoting you constantly, pinside stops them automatically.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.