b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captchaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 3 years ago

Does the xeno mouth function? Wonder how many games they played already....looks like a ton of dimples already in the play field.

5 months later
#1982 2 years ago

Emailed PB....quick response but no info given on release of the LV edition.

4 months later
#5030 2 years ago

Has anyone paid in full for their LV? Or received an invoice from Cointaker?

3 weeks later
#5366 2 years ago

They mentioned that they are using standard legs during the build. Will ship the powder coated legs with the game.

3 months later
#7659 1 year ago

I am LV# 35 and haven't heard a peep from cointaker

1 month later
#8264 1 year ago

I believe my LV is #36 but have yet to hear anything from Cointaker. Don't know if that puts anything in perspective??

#8272 1 year ago

So good news! CT informed me today that my LV should be delivered in the next week or so!

#8327 1 year ago

Anyone have the washer sizes for the posts on the game?

1 week later
#8442 1 year ago

My LV is being delivered tomorrow. Year and a half wait!!

#8462 1 year ago

Just received my LV. Everything was packed really well! There isn't any playfield art under the posts, assuming this was a running change. Everything works right out of the box....but only a few games in. Can't find the backbox keys...not behind the coindoor!!!

#8471 1 year ago

Xeno magnet catch has to be a really soft shot, otherwise it doesn't grab. Had the issue where the magnet didn't hold and ended up having two balls in the shooter lane. Not enough power to get both balls up the ramp and back on the playfield. Also noticed when hitting the right "ramp" the ball flies over the wire form and back onto the playfield. Has anyone changed out the speakers or added a subwoofer?

#8475 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

-Xeno is never going to catch 100% but try turning up the magnet grab strength a little bit, also making sure the game isnt too 'steep' can help
-2 balls in the shooter lane sounds like your balls are getting magnetized and sticking to trough?
-other issue could be the shooter ramp might need a little bending/ adjustment, or you can increase ball shooter strength.
-Ball flying out the wireform again not as bad if the game isnt so 'steep' - maybe try a small piece of foam tape just under the top lip of the reverso, so the ball is always knocked back 'down' into the wireform? (Untested)
REMINDER TO ALL NEWBIES - REPLACE STOCK BALLS IMMEDIATELY (and you might need to add a shim to trough bc almost all other balls Ive tried in this game get magnetized quickly..

Game is brand new with about 10 plays. Put brand new balls in the game before playing the first game. If they are magnetized already I am going to buy stock in pinball manufacturers. My game is as flat is it can be as the leg adjusters are all the way down to the nut.

I will mess with it and report back. thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8477 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had that problem, bended the start of the ramp, there are 2 rods that you can bend up a bit. In that way the ball is forced down, I tried tape, foam, even 3d printed parts, but this is the best for me now. It;s 100% now. Do not bend it up to much because then the ball will get stuck between the ramp and the top of the scoop.

I will try it! Thank you

#8479 1 year ago

Has anyone upgraded the back box speakers? I am a bit of an audio nut and think that the audio can be more defined

#8495 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm curious what you think is bad about the audio. Short of completely changing to pinsound with new sounds, this game seems to have one of the better stock sound systems.
I don't know if maybe the source files could be replaced with something better, if something even exists. These are old movies made on old tech.
I used to be like this, but as I've gotten older, I've decided it's not worth the time/investment to chase micro nuances and just enjoy.

Source quality has to be good in the first place. This pin does have some of the best sound elements. A better constructed speaker will make a difference in reproducing the sound. Just me!

#8517 1 year ago

I have to say that PB customer service is EXCELLENT! I have a few small issues with my lockdown bar etc. Replacements are on there way! Prompt email communication. JJP should take note! JJP is probably the worst in my opinion.

#8553 1 year ago

has anyone tried to add the mini beacons on the playfield? If so, how and where did you get them?

#8628 1 year ago

Added a sub!! WOW!

#8632 1 year ago

Just added a Polk 10” powered sub. Alligator clips to the terminals on the internal subwoofer, speaker wire out the vent in the back and into the sub on the floor. Simple!

1 month later
#9908 1 year ago

So my Alien was sent to me without keys to the backbox. PB sent me a replacement lock and keys....any ideas on how I get to the lock from inside the backbox to disassemble it? Haven't tried to reach into the backbox from the bottom

3 months later
#12318 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue with their APC drop targets? Mine drop when you hit them but the LED continues to flash throughout the game instead of being solid. At this point Hyperspace multi ball isn't an option. Everything looks ok under the playfield??

#12386 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I had that exact problem, however it was due to upgrading to the frosted drop targets. They just would not register any hits. The fix ended up being me taking a paint pen(black) and painting the bottom of the targets as the optos where not registering the drops. Once the area that passes through the opto was painted black boom my drop targets where registering again and have never stopped working since.
Hope this helps.

Makes complete sense. thanks

1 month later
#13243 1 year ago

I just purchased some mini beacons. Can anyone help as to where and how to get them working.

#13260 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I connected mine to the game beacons using a 12v - 5v buck converter

thanks for the help! I will probably run them off the main beacons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captchaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.