pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c818919taylor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think you just came up with a better plot line than anything after Aliens![quoted image]

David 8 is a very good plot line.
”When one note is off, it eventually destroys the whole symphony, David.”

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Snowed in and bored.....gonna go play my LV aliens...

Glad you have power! Gotta feel for the Texans without heat.

#435 3 years ago

No was joking....not even announced yet....grrrrrr. We need more info weekly...this once a month or more sucks....

Once you move passed worrying about the $1,000.00, they actually have been very forthcoming with info. Fans are going to get something cool. Be patient. Just around the river bend.

Low of -33° this Sunday. Grass is only green sitting patiently on the fence.

#437 3 years ago

actually not in a rush just excited for info as i don't even have room till our house gets finished.

One milestone at a time.

2 weeks later
#467 3 years ago

Galaxy Quest would be a great follow up.

#470 3 years ago

Wonder if Pinball Brothers are increasing the strike speed of the Xenomorph tongue.

1 month later
#691 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think I'll replace a lot of the black rubber with transparent titan silicone.
[quoted image]

Help with cleanings. Ive noticed black wears on the ball and ends up on the playfield more.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

A comparison and that’s as far as I can go left with the hood loosening/sliding/retightening the screws .Everything else checked out fine .I was thinking about drilling a new screw hole but it will be too close to the original spot actually would be in it causing a need for a sleeve and backfill .I’ve just unplugged the game for now as I won’t have time to tackle this for at least a month in the meantime I’ll get w JJP support and see what they say .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like JJP on the G&R has this scoop issue as well.

2 weeks later
#965 2 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I am a longtime lurker in this thread. I really want one of these, but just can't pull the trigger to buy one quite yet. Loving seeing all the pics though and just had to at least speak up and say I'm jealous!

What will you have in trade?

2 weeks later
#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m still waiting on my replacement target switches (they sent the wrong ones first time). No new issues but I’ve taken a break from playing waiting for a software update. I’m disappointed that it hasn’t come by now - I’ve had my machine over 5 weeks and everything I’ve reported is a “known issue”. Time to get a beta out!

Cant be long with containers moving. Yet, a bit surprised. Probability of having troubling compiling an executable program?

#1140 2 years ago
047C79F5-2F1F-45AD-9E8D-7E724AE8BD1B (resized).jpeg047C79F5-2F1F-45AD-9E8D-7E724AE8BD1B (resized).jpeg
#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

LV-426 has landed. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

Thanks for streaming.

The last time the flippers cut out were you playing for 2ish hours too?

3 weeks later
#1626 2 years ago

Probably why no one knows anything about the next shipment of games.

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

But, my pinball friends don't like when I do that!
Hwy P.B.?? Give us a Co-Op mode! It's super fun. I had it on my ACNC. Great feature!!

Great on Total Nuclear Annihilation. Great feature to have on any game.

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Probably why no one knows anything about the next shipment of games.

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

really wish cointaker was more proactive in relaying messages about delayed shipments ..

Let them fix a few more problems. Drop targets and the diverter post at least.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are already in the container.

Sounds like a farce. Im not sure conformation was ever given? Did the boat head around the Cape of Good Hope?

Whats it been a month since the last shipment?

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pretty funny how all the newbies switch from yesmen to concerned about bullshit promises! Que the barage of phone calls to cointaker in 3...2...

Don't mind waiting; I do mind losing my $1,000. Cointaker isn't who should be keeping consumers up to date. When is the last time Pinball Brothers said anything?

#1680 2 years ago

Agreed. The $1,000 is well spent. Just a matter of time. Could the code be deeper? Prometheus/Alien Covenant would be a great follow up. David 8 (and Ash (btw is Ash part of this package? Don’t remember seeing any reference in the play posted online)) could be the scariest part of the Alien Universe.

As to the nature of problems with FAR Part 12 throughout the supply chain, makes the use of quality more important to consumers, btob and gtob. Push more industry’s into FAR Part 30 & 31 through CAS using performance based objectives such as quality. Tie flow down into particular industries. Ripples should help capitalism help itself. Watch the FAR Part 3.

Hope to receive a machine, with more then just the simple problems ironed out. The feed back provided (from early adopters) should improve manufacturing (for Pinball Brothers) moving forward. PB is probably waiting for some of its accounting to catch up at this point. Getting off the ground is risky yet rewarding if handled properly. Investors care about books, as much as, consumers care about products.

1 week later
#1735 2 years ago

Is an Alien in Allentown, PA this weekend?

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

i did not see an alien .. but CT said the 2nd batch is "on the water" .
Hoping to see mine soon.

Not so sure about that. Seems to have been on the water for a bit. Guess there was a show in Chicago. Horrorfest maybe? Guessing thats where it would have been if there was one…

How was Ultraman?

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Cato at PB actually recommended them as a temp fix while Gen3 is being worked on.

Since I dont expect PB to ship games before the stand up fix, did PB share a timeframe?

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Do you know what number you are in line?

Quoted from zacaj:

Including the custom code burned onto the cpu chips?

2nd quarter reservation

Leaving only emulation. Alas, I think boards will be found. Considering Haggis’s problems (related to Covid, parts/services crunch & the process of building a logistics supply chain (as in not well established)) id say Pinball Brothers is hitting milestones. Big tell will be how late the LE announcement is and how long it takes to announce the next pin.

Any updates from people notified of shipping?

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

d I'm just waiting on the Gen 3 skinny targets

Any update on a timeframe on targets for your machine? Thoughts as to whether the 3rd gen targets will make it to the third shipment?

#1879 2 years ago

Sounded like attract mode was figured out.

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I love it more than I love my GNR!

I look forward to making this comparison as well.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

. My only gripe right now is that muthur kick out.

What if its adjusted? Either up or down. try both ways

1 week later
#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:Me neither. Feb order (Q2). Only paid deposit so far. I’m def staying in line. Love theme and sounds like when working it’s a fun and immersive pin.

Same boat.

1 week later
#2224 2 years ago

Next batch should be Q2 2021. Behind but not by much. Mid Jan - Feb 2022. Treating as a normal distribution.

1 week later
#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I hope they make plastic protectors soon.
Already have a broken plastic behind the recharge stand up target.[quoted image]

Figured out what recharge did?

Thought some of the plastics had changed. This one looks like at least has one less drilled hole.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mikey want this game. Mikey want bad. Mikey hope Melissa email Mikey good news soon. Mikey want Alien

When is the next round of emails, Mikey?

1 week later
#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:Probably to early to tell but with what we know of Godzilla so far, would you choose a Godzilla LE or Alien LV? I prefer the Alien theme but an opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE came out of the blue and now I'm kind of torn...

The toys and game play look great. The art, not so much.

#2761 2 years ago

I sure hope you are wayyyyy off on that. I want to support them in many ventures. Bring on Predator next.

Prometheus/Alien Covenant get the rights to use Country Roads.

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I got my Open Egg from Back Alley Creations and it fits perfectly.
[quoted image]

Got one too...now if only the machine would show...

Are PB taking a break from standards to build LVs or splitting production?

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm confused but..the eggs look completely different (not an open one). I think I like the SV ones better.

Would like the open egg (which we can get)[quoted image]

Sounds like the more the player pops the pops...the eggs open. And mode related

#3121 2 years ago

Paid.

#3178 2 years ago

Did anyone receive other information after paying (Cointaker) about shipping?

All that was found was 7-10 days before its on the water…

#3182 2 years ago

Is $8,195 (amount paid) the final amount or was shipping (besides the $400ish) stacked on top?

Asked a different way, has anyone paid more than $8,195 to receive the machine?

#3231 2 years ago

At some point is there a tracking number?

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Are we all talking about Q2 SV units?

I am. Yes.

1 week later
#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Maybe the spring is too large width wise? The info for sling does not list a spring here..[quoted image]

Currently have three manufacturers and all sing coils have a spring.

Try some dry lubricant at the pivots.

1 week later
#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Melissa from Cointaker emailed me today and stated the next shipment is arriving in the NYC port on 11/11. Then another very soon after that one. Sounds like lots of alien pins will be coming to homes mid to late November. Can’t wait.

Who knows......not much from PB. So odd. Zero communication to keep us excited. We are not buying some cheap stuff. I guess they just know we are here and ready to buy a dream theme

Look for it after the two shipments roll in.

#3613 2 years ago

Zaccaria, was an Italian company. Pinball Brothers is manufacturing in Italy. A "Mermaid Edition" of Farfalla could be an interesting run. Anyone know where one is for sale?

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with Weyland Yutani. Apologies others have to wait longer. For those of us that do not, enjoy the machine with others. Gather some relevant reviews.

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I've been working on a new mod.
This one I thought was being caused by the custom plastic protectors I got designed but it turns out others are having this with the stock plastic.
From time to time the ball going down the left ramp will fall down and instead of dropping into the inlane will bounce out and drain left.
[quoted image]
I devised a 3D printed chute with the help of a neighbour with a 3D printer and so far so good. The issue has stopped.
I'm on the 3rd revision of the print as its a balance act between thickness, diameter and depth of the chute.
Revision 2 fit inside the chute but trapped the ball ><
[quoted image]
Revision 3 was slightly too big for the hole but fit underneath. So I decided to Model glue the chute underneath for the time being.
Revision 4 may be possible just need to fiddle with the diameter and thickness.
I'm testing Revision 3 for longevity and will report back.
[quoted image]
The good news is that it has stopped the issue, wehther the glue holds I'll find out soon enough ><

A touch too big and sand. Sounds like a great way to keep probability in the players direction.

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Side art adds flavor. Nice touch with the red on the teeth

#3727 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is it possible to put pin stadiums on this?

That was the plan. And set them to a dimmer blue or green…

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

I am hopeful that they will eventually enable the stand ups to be RGB lit.

And not just on the LV.

Propaganda changes.

43383617-D277-4BF0-A337-C01C7BDD05C1 (resized).png43383617-D277-4BF0-A337-C01C7BDD05C1 (resized).png
#3819 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

What's this nonsense? ETA went from 11/11 to 11/12??? I can't take this waiting anymore
[quoted image]

Better than 11/15.

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm seeing 11/14
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"db7e4a4bf30c60a8faad410fee886a587f10f586-1636417049-1800"};
//]]>

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:152344/mmsi:218355000/imo:9450416/vessel:VIENNA_EXPRESS
[quoted image]

Should be playing by the 24th. Fingers crossed.

#3910 2 years ago

Any updates on the boat?

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just posted an update in the Apon mod thread, if you've not seen it yet go take a look at what you're missing. We're starting to take deposits now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6#post-6600209

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anybody made the beacons mod for the SV yet?

They did do a dope job, maybe they can separate and put the pcb for the bacons alone, or you just need a package…

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The apron is nice but too much for me. I’d rather just get the integrated beacons if that is possible.

Not sure how the pcb is to be set up. now would be the time to offer up the suggestion.

Frankly, care more about the code getting worked out. Few more bugs to get out of the way...

#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Sweet! I wonder where the info came from that it was delayed until 11/17? It's still showing ETA of 11/14 to me:[quoted image]

Wondering if that takes into account when it will get off loaded...could careless other than it would be nice to shoot for Thanksgiving.

#4018 2 years ago

So, meet everyone over at the docks to help unload?

1 week later
#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

some 3D sculpts of the space ships

6302F293-8493-4032-B5CF-6DBB19B53528 (resized).jpeg6302F293-8493-4032-B5CF-6DBB19B53528 (resized).jpeg
#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

After months of waiting finally the xeno is home.. super excited, now to wait for my son to come home and help me get her in the home.[quoted image]

How does the delivery play? Anything like…

Quoted from billsgto:

I've had my machine for a week now and have been playing it everyday. The game will freeze often, usually when I'm having a great game, and I have to power off/on. I've reseated all the cables and I have the latest code but the problem persists. Has anyone else had this issue? I've got a ticket into Cato but I thought I'd ask the group.
Thanks

Bump

#4401 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I was a late December order and paid in full back in September, and it's been crickets.

And crickets.

#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Not for nothing, but that may be a blessing.. they still have some issues to work out.

Which is a pretty good reason to not share LVs yet.

But paying in September for a January delivery is not FAR Part 12.

1 week later
#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

“I got you...you son of a b****. (Ripely voice).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations on delivery.
Ready to sell Dracula?

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just want my Alien

Or just to know anything about the payment

#4645 2 years ago

Odds of a Christmas Miracle on delivery?

#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Yea, if anyone knows a universal message that would be awesome. I heard on 11/29 that the container would be in "any day" and then last week that the container had not yet showed up but they would let me know...

To Australia

1 week later
#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

And boom! Just got my FedEx alert.....too bad first option is Monday morning, January 3rd
Oh well, at least it's on it's way!

What invoice number?

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Seriously considering the LV version from cointaker. Is there any chance it could arrive in 1st half of '22 or are we looking at 1 year from now?

Judge by those waiting of the last SVs before the price hike.

And logistics for supply chains are getting faster...

#4974 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup, guess we all need to strap in and wait it out. I was invoiced and paid in full for my SV in September… thought I was in the first boat.. then was told two weeks for the second boat back in November… then nothing from that.
Hopefully whenever it arrives it has all the new shiny fixes!

Have this thought too. Will a shipment of LVs come before the SV that werent under the price hike? Call it commercial financing...

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

Quoted from RussG:

I paid the same day. I am invoice # 093115 so hopefully ours are together. Saving grace hopefully less problems out of the box. But cannot wait.

Paid in full 9/26/2021.
Invoice 16436
Look everyday for an email from Fedex. Ready for a wide body experience.

1 week later
#5125 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

okay, i've cleared it with the family.
i'll ask y'all the same question i just emailed melissa: are they going to make this game for a while? i'm not going to be in a position to pay it off until late Q3 or early Q4- should i just wait to put down the $1k or am i going to be risking missing out on a NIB?

Got the impression this was a cornerstone game.

Let the forum know if you hear back from Cointaker.

#5127 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

she did immediately email back and say if i were to completely pay an invoice today it'd be a 90 day wait on the game. no answer on the other question yet.
edited for a question: the alien i played this past weekend had a screen set in the playfield but i don't see that on the PB site? does that mean i played the heighway one?
(after a bit of research it appears I answered my own question and what i've played have been the heighway version. maybe that's why they have both seemed kind of second-rate/shoddy )

Paid in full 9/26/2021. But there are a bunch of us waiting.

Yep, you played the Heighway version.

Its a great game. The wait is tough. More like waiting on Haggis or Spooky not JJP or Stern.

#5214 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well don't quote me on it. I could be completely wrong about how many SV's they've sold. Just doesn't seem like there's been that many overall.

Delivery seems to the issue. Probably, 150 waiting after final payment at this point. And that’s just for SVs.

2 weeks later
#5409 2 years ago

Just around the ocean bend…

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How'd that work out for ya?

#5426 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mikey still waiting for Alien!

Mikey go shovel some snow...lol

Quoted from EricHadley:

Mikey shoveled so much snow yesterday! really piling up here!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Mikey waving hello...
[quoted image]

Yep. And email’s Tuesday?

7E637F07-B79A-4743-95A5-72FA668F2345 (resized).jpeg7E637F07-B79A-4743-95A5-72FA668F2345 (resized).jpeg
#5459 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Did anyone plan or are they even available, Cliffy's for Alien Pinball Brothers? I'm seeing a set for Heighway, but not for PB. Was curious if anyone took steps to install, and what that entailed. Never installed cliffy's myself - I have them on my Ghostbuster's premium but need to potentially replace or repair one.

Last spoke with Chiffy’s they were waiting on someone with a blank playfield.

#5473 2 years ago

Wasnt there a picture with the model number in the thread.

remember it looking like an HP Industrial motherboard.

Quoted from zacaj:

There are still games from the 70s with production runs way higher than alien will ever have and no replacement boards. And those don't have proprietary components on them. And it's just one board for a whole era , not 12 per game. It's not at all the same story in the slightest. Even reproducing the most popular board of this era, the Stern node board, would be way more involved than pretty much anything done so far

1 week later
#5610 2 years ago

Copy. No update.

Here either.

#5724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’m now convinced actual aliens have stolen my Alien and this is why I have not received tracking information.

I figure after the first LV delivery…:/ which is fine except that the funds were grabbed back 9/26/2021. Financing payments are a different matter than delivery term payments.
Interest & principal is due to the borrowee.

Still waiting, so Tsskinne youre not alone.

1 week later
#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mildly panicked…
[quoted image]

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Delivery time has come and gone and no Alien has arrived...

Least you got tracking info…

2 weeks later
#6119 2 years ago

I think we will be taken care of as the LVs make it to Texas.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

30-60 days for the standard? LOL I was asked to and paid in full in September and I still haven’t gotten a shipping notification. I called last week finally and was told “two weeks”, which I was also told in December so IDK man. It is what it is, but be ready to wait a lot longer than what’s quoted.

#6149 2 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I just got an invoice notification that the balance is due on my LV and it is ready to be shipped to my house.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I got my notice like that in October. It got delivered in March. Be cautious.
I owned both the original version and this new version. Routed both. Heighway lasted one day before it had issues so in my experience this one is better than the original. But again I’m sure based on posts plenty of people are having problems.

Got my invoice for an SV in September.

Texas (March 25 - 27) is the start of an infestation.

#6268 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Do yourself a favor and cut a post sleeve to fit around the right post that is directly to the right of the xeno head near target. Greatly reduces the bashing that the rubber here gets!!!

This one?

Help us out with some pics or a post number?

I mean someday ill get my SV…

36FE1BAB-B2A5-489B-A5FA-D4929DE5F069 (resized).jpeg36FE1BAB-B2A5-489B-A5FA-D4929DE5F069 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6538 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I was told at TPF that mine is shipping THIS week. It's now Thursday, still fingers crossed.

Heard the same thing. But thinking more like before the end of April…:/

#6555 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My SV is arriving Monday.

Couple hours too soon for April fools. At least here.

Got info from CT? When?

#6603 1 year ago
Quoted from oliator:

What's this black ring around the center magnet, an LV feature?

Looks like a carbon fiber ring. Cliffy sells them.

#6610 1 year ago

When did you get shipping info?

#6657 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

dont inhale those spores!!

What a theme!! Ties everywhere.

The Androids are the deadly part. Ash witnessing a perfect organism and wanting it for corporate study. David last seen gallivanting across time with all the play toys an android with corporate backing would want save a spare hand and an extra battery.

#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im told my SV will be ready in about 2 weeks. Then again ive been told this before. Lets hope this time were right! Nervous and excited at the same time

Stop holding your breath. Youll feel better.

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Anyone have any word on when the next boat to the US is due? According to Melissa, this boat was supposed to have some SV's in it but only had LV's.

Gain of salt. Two weeks was passed to me yesterday through email with Cointaker.

The Earth isnt what it was three years ago. And authority doesnt want it put back the same…

1598BB24-DCDB-4583-A848-2F89C0934C5F (resized).jpeg1598BB24-DCDB-4583-A848-2F89C0934C5F (resized).jpeg
#6904 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you say that as if people would look at it...I saved her time by not calling her every other day asking. Common sense tells us when it is here we'll get updated.

I usually do. But an eight month window of funding to …well, no delivery, i had to ask.

1 week later
#7149 1 year ago

Pretty good guess about the next set of deliveries.

E73CBBE7-59D4-4573-A413-0BA8A17E461E (resized).jpegE73CBBE7-59D4-4573-A413-0BA8A17E461E (resized).jpeg
#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

whoo.. i am joining the cracked clear club. LOL.. OMG.... was hard to see but yeah it is there.. same location.. starts from the post near the APC drop and spiders out over the facehugger insert.
What do i do to stop its progress?[quoted image][quoted image]

Clear thoughtfully placed thin epoxy? How I usually fix chipping. Looks like the cause is force against that post? Is the post loose? Plastic washer under post?

#7156 1 year ago

Clear thoughtfully placed thin epoxy? How I usually fix chipping. Looks like the cause is force against that post? Is the post loose? Plastic washer under post?

#7177 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody know what the current lead time is between ordering from cointakers and getting in hand for a standard edition?

Quoted from SlapDrain:

I preordered an Sv on jan 21st. No word on an eta yet.

Pretty good guess about the next set of deliveries.
[quoted image]

Im at Sept 21 paid in full on an SV. Still no delivery.
I do have hope for delivery (for some consumers) as May 6 & 7th (Pinfestival) passes.

3 weeks later
#7649 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

its a special design/MOD. I bought one and have it sitting in a box and its just waiting for my SV to arrive....

Been waiting on an SV too. Heard delivery of SVs has trickled off since LVs. Only five produced last bunch/or made it to Cointaker…?

Been a long road on this. Hoping to see my SV before the last LV (1,000) but starting to wonder. Wouldnt be as terrible if the paid in full didnt happen in Sept 21.

Dallas : Well... some of you may have figured out we're not home yet, we're only half way there. Mother's interrupted the course of our journey. She's programmed to do that should certain conditions arise. They have. It seems that she has... intercepted a transmission of unknown origin. She got us up to check it out.

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Australia got a container of SV’s last week - not sure the exact number but it’d be 30-40 games. So they are still being produced

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this after you got yours? I was hoping that container was to the US so we could get our games

Just glad someone got pinball somewhere. Know the game is coming.

If not back in five minutes, wait a little longer.

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Come on Melissa!
[quoted image]

make sure the product continues to improve

#7876 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yes sorry, I was referring to whatever button is needed to use the firearms.

Take a little off the armor and add a second button under the flipper button?

1 week later
#7941 1 year ago

Sounds like from who?

Quoted from mbrave77:

sounds like my SV is almost here. Excited for the game and Im actually binge rewatching all the movies. Its amazing how well the original movie holds up alkmost 50 years later. Heres hoping I dont have too many issues with the game!

2 weeks later
#8118 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

May I ask which anti reflective glass you ordered that fits alien?

Putting a sheet of Voodoo glass in WHEN the SV shows up.

1 week later
#8262 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

My LV confirmed arriving via FedEx on June 6th

July 6th?

#8271 1 year ago

Cointaker has a load on the water

1 week later
#8367 1 year ago

Any SV deliveries?

#8390 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Pre-ordered an SV early Jan 22' and it just got delivery yesterday. Xeno tongue gear grub screw was loose and it wouldnt pass calibration. Took off the xeno head and tightened the screw. Everything has been functioning perfectly so far.

Quoted from lowbeau67:

Did you order through cointaker?
I preordered late December 2021
and haven't heard anything since
Not in a huge rush but I would like to get my game.
Figured it would be 8-10 months.

Yes. Paid Sept 2021. Ordered Dec 2020.

Was hoping to be one of the five or so on the June 21st truck/boat…but…deafening silence

1 week later
#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I asked CT what the lead time has typically been for a SV. They said about 60 days. Is that accurate?

Paid in full Sept 21. No SV still.

#8756 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Dam I want my game!!

Yep. Got 9/21 paid in full beat? SV….

#8895 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I've read this whole thread in its entirety but I can't
remember how long it takes for a container to travel from Italy to new jersey.
Read it in this thread but forgot.
Thx for any info.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

2 weeks! (it's never 2 weeks!)

Quoted from Kkoss24:

A 3 hour tour , A 3 hour tour

Going with them on this one…………..

1 week later
#9216 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Has any one received or payed for shipping for a sv yet in quarter 3 ?

Still waiting on an SV paid in full Sept 21

#9322 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just got notification my SV shipped today. I will officially be joining the club within a week.
Excited but nervous at the same time. I'm not great at fixing stuff so crossing my fingers there are no or very few issues out of the box.

From Fedex? When did you order?

#9330 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes. I ordered a long time ago. Late last year.
I didn't mind that it took awhile. I was hoping with time most of the kinks would be worked out.

Im too hoping that kinks will be worked out. Paid last year myself. But still no word. Ill keep me fingers crossed. SV paid Sept 21.

4 weeks later
#10002 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

No, it's a company called ADF Freight Delivery or something. And btw, I paid close to $900 to CT for "shipping" so you'd think they might wanna make sure they follow up and confirm that their client receives this very expensive game. Sigh. Definitely will order through NITRO PINBALL next time, my bad.

Paid 9/21 in full. Still no word.

An extra $900 on top of the $400 paid already?

#10008 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't understand this. Did you pay in full at the same time as your deposit, or were you invoiced for the full amount on that date? If the latter, I would be full nuclear until I got a game or a refund, considering how many people have received games since you paid in full. I'm quickly approaching that point and haven't been in even a fraction of your time.

For an SV and yea, growing impatient

#10010 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Contacted PB’s social media team. Hopefully between them and CT they can figure out why I haven’t received a product after paying for it 8 weeks ago.

Or a year…. Cause yes. I did say paid in full 9/21

1 week later
#10199 1 year ago

Or a year…. Cause yes. I did say paid in full. Let me tell you how fast id b9/21

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Hardly a scummy move. The shipment was delayed and rescheduled. Happy to refund your payment.

Were all the SVs in that shipment? My order was not with Nitro but should have been considering where you distribute.

4 weeks later
#10739 1 year ago

Got the shipping notice on an SV today.

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from DeLaCruz88:

I got notice as well. Does anyone know if that means it is just being loaded into a container or if it had arrived in the states? If notice is from Italy, and estimates on how long before it reaches U.S.? Getting excited.

Means its in the States. Less than two weeks.

2 weeks later
#11052 1 year ago
DAA86F19-239D-40E2-92EB-1576AED540CD (resized).jpegDAA86F19-239D-40E2-92EB-1576AED540CD (resized).jpeg
#11056 1 year ago

Alien was playing (first game) and then the left flippers and muther hole quit working. Rebooted and now have two system messages 1) tilt stuck closed 2)) cabinet sw disabled. Check connection. Updated to 3.0 when it arrived today. First game third ball the left side quit working. Any thoughts?

#11057 1 year ago

Alien was playing (first game) and then the left flippers and muther hole quit working. Rebooted and now have two system messages 1) tilt stuck closed 2)) cabinet sw disabled. Check connection. Updated to 3.0 when it arrived today. First game third ball the left side quit working. Any thoughts?

Whats a 5amp fuse doing in a 10amp spot?

1FBD53C7-2B95-425A-A58A-DE2EC9DE04C7 (resized).jpeg1FBD53C7-2B95-425A-A58A-DE2EC9DE04C7 (resized).jpeg
#11108 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Played about 20 games today without issues then all of a sudden the left flippers stopped working and we are getting these messages.

Turned put to be the right most fuse in this machine. Switched everything over to slowblo mineral fuses…..zero problems since.

#11176 1 year ago

Does hitting the Alien target cause mostly airballs for anyone else? Also, the right ramp…doesn't always keep the ball. Sometimes it is a launch….

#11184 1 year ago

Anyone get the mouth to quit rubbing the target?

9168D54C-1815-4B5A-B606-F865F3888C58 (resized).jpeg9168D54C-1815-4B5A-B606-F865F3888C58 (resized).jpeg
#11240 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Also ,I don’t know if it’s been brought up but if your chestburster lane is clunky , you might want to straighten out this ball guide so it’s just barely inside the ring shown .This coupled with @applejuices mod has straightened out this whole area for me ,it’s smooth as butter now .I watched my kids play for about a hour last night and didn’t see much pops lost there although it does negate nudging for more for sure .I’m going to experiment some with both as it’s pretty simple to add/remove .Had sooooo much fun with this ball 1 earlier today .Nothing to see afterward though haha .I had my hypersleep lock bind and had thought it was a software issue which caused me to think there was a bug in 3.0 but all it ended up being was I loosened the front 2 screws 1/2 turn and it freed it up .So as of today zero issues with 3.0 as it cleared up the couple small issues I had 1)auto plunge going off during gameplay and 2) black screen upon startup here and there .All this with my 2 new spinner/spinner harness I believe I’m 100% dialed in now .Shooting like a dream

92DE334D-FD3B-4004-83C2-8EE695B09EF4 (resized).jpeg92DE334D-FD3B-4004-83C2-8EE695B09EF4 (resized).jpeg
#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Couple things I need to tweak (I’m sure it’s been asked a dozen times) but advice would be appreciated…
Spinner rejects fix?
Pop bumpers not registering enough (to destroy the eggs I gotta shoot them in there like 20 times just to blow 1 up lol)?
1 xeno target is super loose and bouncing around vs the one next to it that is springy?
Thx.

Still looking for the right/left spinner fix myself. The right side seem to slide down. But if you push it up it doesnt hit plastic. Still working on it. Trying to keep the spinner on the left side of of the lane.

The left spinner seems like its bottom is up too far?? I know the spinner needs aittle forward (bottom weighted side) but this example its too much. Its like hitting the rim when slam dunking.

I do notice the pops not registering hits. But working spinners and a jaw issue.

Watch that your xeno jaw isnt rubbing on the back of the target. I think im going to pull the target and cut about 10 cm off. And like others have stated. Tighten the two bolts on the bottom of the target. The two wood screws hold it in.

And if anyone can tell me how to release the connectors on the board….well, it would be appreciated.

#11251 1 year ago
Quoted from zeuszamora:

Any luck fixing your game? I’m having the same problem.

That issues turned out to be a fuze. There are three under the playfield. It was the right most of the three.

#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The main issue with the spinners is the physical contact pressure with the microswitch blade. You should be able to bend the switch blade and adjust the switch height such that the spinner sit straight vertically and spins freely but still makes enough contact to make the switch. You may also need to tweak the spinner bracket and the spinner wire itself. The spinners need to sit perfectly vertical to work properly or it’s a real buzz kill.
The pop bumpers will need the switch gap adjusted and the actuator centered on the spoon. You can google “pop bumper repair” if you are not familiar with how they work. They should be very active when properly adjusted.
You cannot remove any material from the xeno switch or it will not function, it will get stuck and break. You can however bend the top of the metal inward as described by brado426 in one of his posts. Add nuts on the back of the switch bracket to lock the bolts in place on the switch if they don’t already have them.

The problem is the bottom is too far forward. The ball bricks on the bottom.

Thoughts?

4FF14962-5AE0-4CE1-85AD-5150DC7B329C (resized).jpeg4FF14962-5AE0-4CE1-85AD-5150DC7B329C (resized).jpegB36C8CF1-61A1-4AFC-A374-6FA48E4B4598 (resized).jpegB36C8CF1-61A1-4AFC-A374-6FA48E4B4598 (resized).jpeg
#11254 1 year ago

The problem is the bottom is too far forward. The ball bricks on the bottom.
Thoughts? [quoted image][quoted image]

If/when a ball goes through the orbit this position of rejection is where the spinner ends up at naturally 6.5 times out of ten. At least like to get this to two/three…

The games that the player doesnt catch a break with the spinner are frustrating. Particularly, because (imo) this shot is the crux of the game.

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hold the bracket with one hand and use your other hands thumb to push the spinner towards back of playfield. This will bend the arms and the spinner will sit straight or best case slightly tilted toward player

So, to get the bottom (of the spinner) to go toward the playfield, pull forward?

The bottom need to drop down a few degrees. Say 25°. Currently, sits at 210° & need to be about 240°ish….

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Lots of suggestions here , you may need to do more than one of them, but in my experience you can see from the picture the switch blade is most likely putting too much pressure on the spinner leg forcing it up , hold the switch leaf down and give it a couple spins to see where it ends up. If straight then bend the switch leaf until it doesn’t force it, but still makes the switch actuate. You can also put a microscopic amount of very thin lubricant on top of the switch leg , also you can loosen the switch screws and try to move the switch down a bit.
[quoted image]

Double checked. Clearness is good.

The spinners natural resting position is a poor angle.

35D8AAD2-6B76-455B-BC51-F06F67CF064F (resized).jpeg35D8AAD2-6B76-455B-BC51-F06F67CF064F (resized).jpeg421BAB5E-4EA5-49BE-843D-9308B3C4671C (resized).jpeg421BAB5E-4EA5-49BE-843D-9308B3C4671C (resized).jpeg95BD68FC-5ED0-4022-98E9-5251122E350F (resized).jpeg95BD68FC-5ED0-4022-98E9-5251122E350F (resized).jpeg
#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m 99% sure you push the spinner toward back of playfield so that the bottom of spinner tilts away from player. That is ideal.
I hope I don’t have my pull/push instruction reversed but should be easy to see how the spinner reacts after a slight amount of force.
I’d look into the switch arm putting excess pressure on the spinner first as mentioned above

99% sure a player wants a slight lean of the bottom of the spinner toward the player. But not so much to brick.

The amount of physical time the ball has on the spinner (in this manner) is a more effective use of physics.

#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

See how this sits? Doesn't yours match this?[quoted image][quoted image]

More like brick. See how the whole picture (on the playfield) is missing from the position of this one?
05938DC3-30D0-4772-AB8B-DCA8FB39AE29 (resized).jpeg05938DC3-30D0-4772-AB8B-DCA8FB39AE29 (resized).jpegB282C6FE-0BAE-4124-B512-C6F0F2D1068E (resized).jpegB282C6FE-0BAE-4124-B512-C6F0F2D1068E (resized).jpeg

#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The actuator on the switch needs to be bent upward, I did that on both spinners, they work great now, don’t Bend the wire on the spinner

to stop it from resting in this postion......

ill see....

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Same here... My right spinner would keep stopping upside-down so the ball would never hit it. Switch arm pressure totally fixed the problem. It has been over a year and still working perfectly.

Yes. This worked. Bend the tab up to stop the spinner from spinning to a bad spot when it finishes spinning…just a touch of tension.

Not like an manager, peer, or lawmaker (pushing madness, unethical behavior, foolish/faulty economics). Slight pressure to get the spinner to act correctly. Not illogical, psychopathic, bullying predatory pressure on the spinner.

Slight. This will keep the spinner in the position not to brick the pinball.

Careful on the right spinner. The problem definitely might be the spinner is hitting the plastic.

#11277 1 year ago

When conducting an edge test of the hypersleep lock, the first ball reads 57, when the second ball locks does it read 58?

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:Correct. Lock 1 is sw57, Lock 2 is sw58 and Lock 3 is sw59

Anyone had to adjust the hypersleep lock? Mine didnt read 57. Now it does but not 58 & 59.

Is there a sweet stop im looking for in the adjustment. Seemed like one turn (of the adjustment) was the difference between where 57 was picked up & 58…..

#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Does anyone know exactly which AR glass is on the LV? Is it one of the brands already out there or is it PB's own version? I've only ever owned PDI and this glass is a pain (comparativly) to get\keep clean.

Quoted from DropGems:

Anyone recommend a wide body invisible glass for decent price? Thinking about adding it to my sv. Thx!

I got some Voodoo glass from FlipperFreak (Nitro Pinball). Shipping can be a downer.

On another note, remember a post about adding a washer to the through. Was this to add angle to help with losing track of ball during mutliballs. & if so, remember the post? Looking for “instructions”/the posts.

2 weeks later
#11584 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:This is a new one.
[quoted image]

Sometimes….

3073E1E0-A19E-487C-B64C-E02017AC7293 (resized).jpeg3073E1E0-A19E-487C-B64C-E02017AC7293 (resized).jpeg
#11670 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

The flipper strength on factory standards are really strong. I’ve turned the lower left and right flippers down -15% weaker and can make all the shots with ease. I prefer turning them down because if they hit the xeno standup targets, they sometimes fly off them. What does everyone set their flippers to?

08240294-0293-4079-90E5-949424E8968E (resized).jpeg08240294-0293-4079-90E5-949424E8968E (resized).jpeg1F7CFF20-0FCB-4E1F-8798-CE0682E7EC6E (resized).jpeg1F7CFF20-0FCB-4E1F-8798-CE0682E7EC6E (resized).jpeg623552B3-4EBF-4202-9855-3815BCE6CF4D (resized).jpeg623552B3-4EBF-4202-9855-3815BCE6CF4D (resized).jpeg6E507401-87C7-4577-B2FC-D5CE4985E12F (resized).jpeg6E507401-87C7-4577-B2FC-D5CE4985E12F (resized).jpegCAC41471-4EA9-4C66-915A-062951DDABE2 (resized).jpegCAC41471-4EA9-4C66-915A-062951DDABE2 (resized).jpeg
#11731 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Thanks for this. I checked mine and my pitch was way too low. Moved it up to 6.7. Haven’t tested it out yet

How far was that movement up?

Gotta find the level.

#11893 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This is up and nothing is responding .I’m guessing pull usb then reboot ?
[quoted image]

I ended having to use a 3.0 usb and loaded both updates on the usb at the same time. Any other way I got that screen.

#11898 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I have one other question for you LV owners. The LV spec sheet says that the machine comes with rotating beacons. I also have seen posts in here about rotating beacons in LV machines and people adding them to SV machines. Does the LV come with rotating beacons and if so where are they cause I can’t find them.

Think topper.

#11902 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So... Is the general consensus on this so far that if I am on 2.6 with zero issues it's really not worth updating? I'm kind of curious about the additional action on the beacons, the smoother/faster Xeno tongue and doing something about that earthquake-inducing shaker on startup.

The lcd not booting a little to often has been the only draw back ive seen. Power cycle.

#11959 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey guys,
Can you add a shaker motor to the standard version of Alien. I was thinking about getting one.
Thanks,
Ted

Currently no. Seems to be a difference from the LV to the SV.

#11960 1 year ago

How are the staged flippers on the LV? Make a real difference with the right upper flipper. Thats the only flipper i can see an advantage with…

#11977 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks for everyone's input and Merry Christmas!
I'm going to pull the trigger.

Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks pal. I know this is going to be a silly question but is Alien worth owning?

Gotta dial it in. The interface is different. All manufacturers are…some of the mechs needed more dialed in than others. The hypersleep lock is a good example. The wire revso ramp is another. Spinner too. Particularly left. At least on this example. The game shoots well. The code isn’t perfect. Minor grips like the lcd not loading every time & the revive light being on sometimes & not saving the ball. The recharge switch could use some functionality.

Its a really fun game. The mutliballs are all fun to shoot & stack. The modes are very recognizable from the movie & for the most part are intuitive of the films. The weapon targets add to the strategy of the game.

I had plastic protectors ready to fit day one. A smart replacement to the cheastbuster is also recommended, but livable.

Its fun. Has variety. A few modes feel a little repeat on the surface but the mutliballs & weapons add enough to the gameplay to make the pin feel “deep”.

Acquisition of one is a great choice.

#11980 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Is the standard version good enough or is the LE that much better?

Staged flipper on the top right would be useful. The light-rails are cool. Can i get the LV package in SV art? Nope, this vote is SV.

#11981 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Seriously guys. You guys rock as cool thread. Meaning you're all polite and willing to answer everyone's question no matter how silly it is. Thanks.
You should see the Cactus Canyon thread. It's bad.
One last question. Is the standard version good enough or is the LE that much better?

& get balls that dont magnetize easily.

#11994 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

This is just from the ball skirting by where the switch is not seeing it under the playfield. I fixed this by using a little bigger rubber on the post to force the ball to go over the switch if it goes on that side. Small tweaks, but no big deal.

Maybe. Using a full plastic post? Two middle left outlane holes?

Quoted from Ferret:

Recharge does something helpful (often awarding shots and/or increasing values) anytime a movie scene (mode) or multiball is active.

Maybe i have noticed score going up by 50,000ish when hitting it. Havent noticed it collecting shots. Except maybe at one point during hypersleep…
——————————————
The host light used in bug hunt. Any other meaning or time its on?

#12015 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have to tune my eject, it goes past the top flipper on vent 1 and onto the bottom flipper.

I turned the eject for the saucer way down. Basically just rolls out.

#12028 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That's what I expect happens with these black screens. Wonder if a better hdmi cable would solve this issue?

Something is off on the boot up startup script of the Unix system for the monitor.

#12060 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thanks you guys for making this an even tougher decision! (I do like the ideer of having better beacons/apron)

SV, please. The darker art makes the theme. Less PB fixes the LVs staged flippers. If the upper right worked, thats could be useful.

Quoted from Zablon:

Either is good, but eventually someone will make lit side blades for the SV which is really the only thing I wish it had. The apron/beacon package fills out the 'dark' that some complain about. There are also the after market 3D translites which I think a lot of people swapped out their stock ones for.

Like PinGraffix

#12064 1 year ago

SV, please. The darker art makes the theme. Now if PB actually fixes the staged flippers for the LV…the right upper would be nice to stage.

Like PinGraffix

#12241 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I tried bending and adjusting the moving elevator piece to vary the resting position of ball 1, and regardless of ball 1 position, opto 2 will not detect the second ball 9/10 times. It’s odd as all three optos detect my finger perfectly every time. The opto beam seems too narrow or not aligned with the ball, even though it looks perfectly centered. If I wiggle ball two around, the game will detect ball 2 intermittently, but never by itself. I may pull the ramp and drill the holes larger depending on what PB support comes back with.
I suspect a bad set of switch 58 optos because the other two switch optos detect balls perfectly. Would it be safe to temporarily swap both opto lock 1 and 2 connectors under the playfield to see if the issue carries over to lock 1? The cable colors and pin outs look identical. In any case, I now have a support ticket open with PB support and will post the solution once this is fixed.
[quoted image]

Maybe. But this lock did require dialing in. Switching to a non mag pinball helped. Along woth keeping in mind the trough does always move balls down…little nudge helps.

Dont worry some much about what the test says but how it plays. Mine, kept ending the ball with balls on the playfield.

If the lock starts the first time after two balls…play the game out.

This took quite a bit figure out in my machine. The lock adjustment, the magnetized balls & the trough not always moving the balls to the next opto (the ball would be stagnant at opto 6 instead of being at opto 4 in the trough).

#12345 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Been lots of chatter on here about the hypersleep
Chamber shot. Yes I’ve only made that shot like 3 times. I went back and read some older posts. If I understood those posts properly it seems my flipper is to far forward? Here is now it came from the factory.
[quoted image]

They aint lying.

I make the shot often.

1CB192A0-4516-4E05-AB0A-A108D6450D25 (resized).jpeg1CB192A0-4516-4E05-AB0A-A108D6450D25 (resized).jpeg
#12387 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Issues I'm seeing now after updating to latest firmware and software:
On a cold boot up, main LCD screen stays black and mini LCD on like normal. I have to reboot again for the main display to come on. Just annoying is all.
On bootup, the hyper sleep mech goes up and down like 5 times in slow intervals before stopping.
Anyone else?

The lcd, yes.

The hypersleep lock, no. Sounds like an opto is out of alignment. Still thinks there is a ball?

Great album

667200E5-DE97-4F18-B949-9D916B150B1F (resized).jpeg667200E5-DE97-4F18-B949-9D916B150B1F (resized).jpeg
#12388 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any recommendations on parts/mods to purchase prior to the game arriving? For potential fixes out of box and potential problems, as well as just fun stuff to add.
Alien LV coming… have purchased the apron mod, contemplating new precision flippers and/or flipper fans.

Plastic protectors.

#12429 1 year ago

https://www.pingraffix.com/powerbladez

More emails stating Alien Powerblades would sell would not hurt.

No affiliation.

#12499 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not understanding this .Hold the mounted end down and bend the open end upward ? So basically throw it out of level across the top bracket ?

If the bottom of the spinner is toward the player bricking the pinball back instead of making the orbit…grab the tab on the switch for the spinner. Bend up a touch so that the switch “tab” is bent to hold the spinner in a up right position.

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks , I’ll take a look at that .They work decent, I just want to see if I can get them to rip through and keep spinning .

Lube.

#12544 1 year ago

Turned the tongue (mouth) off long ago. It's cool but not necessary. Prefer the ball falling straight down instead of firing from the scoop anyway....

2 weeks later
#12762 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did a little live stream. I don't know why the comments disappeared, so sorry for that - first time trying youtube for streaming.
Unfortunately there where some hiccups again with the pinball machine.
First real game starts at 30min20sec

Using the pinballs shipped with the machine? 17:30ish in the video.
The optos (& under playfield switches) can be slow at reading the stock pinballs. Stock pinballs balls are not advised. Get some carbon steel pinballs. Optos quit giving me problems after.

Still have trouble on the right side of the left out lane

#12809 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

What is the easy fix on the rapid-fireing left slingshot where the facehugger is? It’s getting worse and annoying. Probably just stretch out that rubber? Or space out the leaves?

Two leaf switches on either side of the mech. Make sure they arent tooo close together.

1 week later
#12957 1 year ago

Only seem to get no update found...

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:So if you get one of the latest built SV’s is everything fixed or you would suggest just getting an LV? Looking for input because I’m considering buying one

Quoted from musketd:

Can you install a shaker motor on a standard/special version?

Quoted from musketd:

So anybody out there put a shaker in a standard? Is it doable

!!IMO!!

The SV backbox is more appropriate. No shaker.

The LV has staged flippers. And shaker.

The game isnt going to shake to “We Will Rock You”…dont think it’s necessary. The bass is aboomin.

Kinks (98%) are worked out of the SV. Future updates will just separate the SV & LV difference. Fun. Just deep enough. Better theme integration than Stranger Things.

!!IMO!!

#13040 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So which one would you suggest lv or sv

SV sitting here

7 months later
#15162 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know some of you have had this problem so I figured I'd ask here before I bother Shawn:
My hypersleep lock isn't functioning correctly. All the optos work in test, and the coil works as well. In game, the game registers the first two balls, then begins hypersleep multiball...and it never releases the balls. Furthermore, it never releases the balls at the end of the game, either.
I know some have had opto alignment issues or binding issues on the coil, but this doesn't seem to be that. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks in advance!

Did you run chamber lock test under ball devices in the tests menu?

#15164 5 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. But the optos were all registering and they registered during the game...just never released the balls. I'll try that and report back. Thanks!

All the wires under the playfield for the coil look in order?

1 month later
#16761 3 months ago

Still getting black screen start ups.

All Out War code busted? Interesting.

2 weeks later
#17054 3 months ago

Had a crash during ambush while playing tonight. May downgrade to the code without the new assets

#17081 89 days ago

Had a crash during ambush while playing tonight. May downgrade to the code without the new assets

Quoted from megaladon:

Was working fine…now crash. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

While you were playing? Newest video assets?

#17110 87 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Loving my own Ripley Version

but youre missing the twins on that Godfather. Trust me. the knockers are dope.

as for Alien, no resets for you in the new code??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c818919taylor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=c818919taylor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.