IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briannawu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5080 2 years ago

I took the plunge today and preordered Aliens LV! Kind of nervous about the quality, but the aliens theme makes me think it will be worth it!

6 months later
#9049 1 year ago

Just got notice mine is shipping!!!!

#9142 1 year ago

I’m reading here in anticipation of my LV coming. Am I correct to understand there was a hardware revision partway through with additional features? If so, will this come with mine or will I need to install something?

#9149 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

The new firmware comes installed on the LV , you should have beacons, shaker, dual flippers etc. working right out of the box

Thank you for explaining!

2 weeks later
#9570 1 year ago

Mine gets here in about two weeks. I wanted to ask all of you, is there anything I should get in advance? Any standard part or upgrade everyone ends up getting?

#9574 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

New balls, mylar rings and plastic washers, flipper fans
I would immediately throw out the balls that come with the game. Mine lasted 3 days before they magnetized.
Hindsight being 20/20, I would definitely preemptively put a mylar ring and plastic washer underneath the post below the upper right flipper. Just do it.
Also watch for any areas that the plastics are cutting into the clear (look for pooling). If you find any I'd put something underneath those areas (mylar ring and plastic washer) to keep it from expanding outward.
I also purchased flipper fans from the pinside shop here and highly recommend them. I felt my flippers getting weaker pretty quickly from day 1 of ownership.

Coincidentally, I have a ton of Ninja Pinballs I just bought! Do you have links to the other parts you'd suggest? Thank you for the help!

#9586 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1391-ravspec/07046-extended-play-coil-coolers-pinball-brothers-alien
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02469-star-and-slim-post-clear-mylar-ring-set
**I make my own with a circle punch and a hole punch. I use 3/4” most often
Then get some rubber washers and plastic washers assortments from Amazon or elsewhere.
[quoted image]

Ordered! Thank you for the suggestion!

2 weeks later
#9936 1 year ago

This just came today. I don’t think there’s any question this is the best looking out of all 8 of my machines.

Initial impressions: Stunning sound design. Feels like a lot of flipper fade. Shooting feels imprecise and weird.

5D46147A-4D65-4D06-A745-D08A4ACB4533 (resized).jpeg5D46147A-4D65-4D06-A745-D08A4ACB4533 (resized).jpeg
#9967 1 year ago

I'll need longer to play and understand it enough to write a full review, but overall Alien is freaking great. If you're on the fence about getting one, don't hesitate. The shooting feels weird, but you adjust to it quickly.

I have concerns about quality of the game. When you reboot the machine, it crashes and needs to be restarted again. Also, a locking washer flew out the alien jaw, and I need to figure out what's up. But overall - the game is really really good.

#9970 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't understand the 'shooting feels weird' comment. I have to adjust to the way every game shoots after playing a specific game for awhile, so I guess whatever I'm playing the most at the time feels normal, and the rest take a few games to get back in tune with the shots. It definitely shoots different than other manufacturer games though.

It's a hard thing to quantify. There's a feel to a Stern. JJP has a feel. This is a little underpowered, but also controllable.

#9974 1 year ago

Is there a rule sheet somewhere? I have a general idea about the game, but there’s a lot I’m missing.

3 months later
#12275 1 year ago

Hey guys! I have two questions about my LV edition I was hoping you could help me with.

First is the flipper angle has never felt great to me, especially the shots on the left side. The hypersleep lock also feels bad. Did you all adjust this at all, and do you have any tips?

Secondly, my game often crashes booting up and needs to rebuild. Is this a known issue? How do you update the code on this game?

#12280 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now, for whatever reason , I have no more black screen the last 4-5 times I turned on the game .So I’m at zero noticeable issues now

How did you get there?

#12281 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The pitch/level is very important in this game .I wouldn’t suggest going as steep as I am (previously posted ) but seems 7 is a must .Ports for code update are in the bottom of the cabinet .Updates are on PB’s website .

Thank you! Did you change your flipper angle at all?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briannawu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=briannawu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.