IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandonx76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

22 by sea is what she told me, but take that with a grain of salt. Still waiting for the first 4 to arrive at Cointaker and be sent out. (Yes I know about the one at Ayce Gogi - apparently they bypassed the line and got one shipped direct from PB). Seems like it would take longer to get to CA than PA, so I don’t think they were sent at the same time.

Wow - I've been to Ayce Gogi - doesn't surprise me at all...they had Rick and Morty way before most (Feb of 2020) - had a blast playing, eating and drinking there during a so cal visit...right before the shit hit the fan!

4 months later
#2873 2 years ago

Hey all - I just talked with Melissa at CT regarding Alien LV - she indicated everyone that's paid the $1 waiting list, is allocated an LV from Cointaker. They are waiting (along with us) for the official drop from Pinball Brothers on additional details on the pin. (anytime now?)

Melissa said she'll be working this weekend to process invoices for all the $1 reserves they have and they should have invoices for actual deposit (assume $1,000) coming out Monday/early next week. Just wanted to share and hopefully alleviate any unnecessary worries etc. Exciting times...

cheers

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are they honoring the old prices or the new prices?

Not sure - but if I recall, old price was never a thing for LV's from CT- as no price was confirmed for LV when making the reservation $1 fee. Per my recollection when I talked to Melissa in April she estimated LVs would be priced around $10k but didn't have actual price.

#2924 2 years ago

Anyone know when LV is expected to ship?

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what is the price on the LV?

faq excerpt (resized).pngfaq excerpt (resized).png
#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I am thinking that is the case. The $1 interest list never stated anything beyond the fact that it was an interest list.

I talked to Melissa (again) just now, she said to not put the $1000 deposit down if you already paid the $1. She is coordinating wait list in order of the initial $1 deposits. Just fyi, as mentioned earlier, Melissa will be processing invoices this weekend for the $1 deposits and notifying folks beginning of next week for the $1000 deposit.

hope this helps a few

cheers

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh great, I already put the 1.00 and 1000.00 oh well end of the line for me.

Same hahaha...send CT / Melissa an email referencing your original order under the $1 and to connect to your recent order. Its more paperwork for her, but they'll take care of.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Happens on Stern LEs. People question the ~2k difference almost every time. The premium guys justify their thoughts. Just like on Stern LEs (most) the (most) LE guys have no issues with the extra cash.

It doesn't always work out, or necessitate the upgrade. Example - Ghostbusters Prem vs/ Pro...I have a Premium, which I love, but the Pro plays great and is said to have better 'flow'

Until you get to play both its hard to have an opinion...the layout of the LV is the same at the SE (unless I missed something)...so it's really - do you want the extras or are you fine with the basics? Agreed the SEs on the original price point got a great deal...For anyone who doesnt have an Aliens pin (Heighway or PB SE) and is now, as of today, ready commit to the purchase - the LV is a no brainer. Also remember, this is still boutique pinball...I can forgive PB lack of investing in additional marketing and release/video promotions like Stern. That's ok, I hate commercials and advertising in general. Just make the game great. The feedback from sources I trust on Aliens SE is great.

3 weeks later
#3529 2 years ago

Anyone have any ETA communicated for Alien LV deliveries from Cointaker? I was provided a number in the 30's. Just trying to ball park it and don't want to bother Melissa and Cointaker unnecessarily. Thanks

2 months later
#4917 2 years ago

Happy New year - Got my pay in full order on Aliens LV from CT. I'm #36 (I got pushed from 35 due to a count adjustment). Not a big deal I assume and I'm not crying about it.

Looks like Aliens will arrive before TBL, even though I paid TBL deposit about 5 months prior.

The home arcade is about to get a major upgrade. My Ghostbusters Prem is a great game but I'm quite tired of it. Not selling it tho, as I want to see what my perfect trio of film themed games will look like together. Can't fuggin' wait.

1 week later
#5017 2 years ago

I played an original Heighway - and was blown away...couldn't pass up the chance once PB Bros started making them again.

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Will we be able to use Pinball Browser to add Sigourney Weaver video clips? Especially interested in attract mode "getting into the spacesuit" scene.

I think Pinball Browser is for Stern systems only? (not really sure about that)...but I'd like to add Sigourney quotes "Did IQs drop while I was away?" ; "They can bill me!"

#5039 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I am game #10 and I paid my invoice in full last week, Have been told approx 35 LV's are shipping end of this month

hahaha...oh man, that bump to 36 I got (after being previously told I was 35) is gonna suck...

1 week later
#5187 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

LV owners, are we getting excited yet??

Yeah for sure, I was told I'm in the initial shipment, setting sail EOM. Holy crap it's happening hahaha

1 week later
#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

When I spoke with Melissa yesterday I told her I'm here in NY let me go pick it up myself. She told me no the games were now in Jersey and I couldn't go pick it up there either. Now hoping they get them in at cointaker Feb 5th.

These aren't the LVs right? (Those don't ship until EOM from what I understand) - anyone have a rough ETA for shipping time for those?

#5339 2 years ago

So last we heard, LVs should be on boat today - should one figure about 45 days out until we get them at home/on location?

#5344 2 years ago

Ok, so the SV folks are about 60 days out - but the units are state side no? That's at least coming close to delivery. I'm sure the wait will be worth it all. Hang in there.

#5362 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wait - weren't the legs expected to be powdered too?

I thought so too! Was it cited somewhere? Maybe wishful thinking? I may need to take mine to get coated somewhere local

#5395 2 years ago

If anyone gets the LV boat shipment tracker - please post it here.

#5457 2 years ago

Did anyone plan or are they even available, Cliffy's for Alien Pinball Brothers? I'm seeing a set for Heighway, but not for PB. Was curious if anyone took steps to install, and what that entailed. Never installed cliffy's myself - I have them on my Ghostbuster's premium but need to potentially replace or repair one.

2 weeks later
#5721 2 years ago

Anyone have the New In Box dimensions? Wondering if I can bring the whole unit downstairs or if need to open before doing so.

Thanks

#5723 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Datasheet info:
In Box:
w-80 cm x d-80 cm x h-164 cm
Brutto weight: 130 kg

Thanks...man - - so close (78 cm). Gonna have to unbox first

#5749 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LV's haven't even shipped yet.

didn't we have new ship dates through mid march and mid april going by air (possibly) instead of sea?

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

didn't we have new ship dates through mid march and mid april going by air (possibly) instead of sea?

Ok talked to Cointaker - Initial batch of LVs are expected to ship 2/28 - earlier estimates are still intact - I'm number 36 so likely won't see until march / april. Most are going by sea, some may go by air

4 weeks later
#6369 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I am an official owner of a LV![quoted image]

Fuggin' Glorious!

#6479 2 years ago

Hey folks - Does anyone have any info on an official Apron coming for the LV? did PB Bro's share any details on this?

1 week later
#6638 2 years ago

Anyone have a lead on the tracking for the LVs USA bound? I'm in the mid 30s based on CT assignment...how soon do we really think these will show up?

#6720 2 years ago

Dumb question - where do you pull firmware updates from? Not seeing it on pinball brothers website under support...is there built in Wifi?

1 week later
#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Awesome actress, but I never saw her sex appeal.

IMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpg
#6919 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I have plastic protectors but I don’t think I could find one that is made for that one?

megaladon , can you show a picture? And kciaccio - where did you source your part from?

LV supposed to arrive tomorrow...I'd like to protect what I can - unfortunately there's no cliffy's available yet for the Pinball Brother's version (yet!).

Also I saw earlier in a thread (can't find it) something about cutting a black piece of plastic or rubber - does anyone have any day one recommendations list consolidated? Bought brand new ballz, so that's about all I can do right now. Setup and first game with any luck tomorrow.

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I bought my set a while back before I got my machine didn’t realize they had a larger set for 70 bucks should’ve caught that one. You can put any regular cliffy magnet protector Or a cheaper mylar magnet hole protector on that central magnet that’s what I did. And my game came with a cliffy for the airlock hole.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mylar-magnet-protector.html
https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/alien-standard-edition-2021-pinball-brothers-plastic-protectors
https://mezelmods.com/products/copy-of-hot-wheels-pinball-plastic-protectors

Those sound good. Thanks - I wonder what the LV may already have installed (Playfield protector says Standard Edition, assume fine on LV)

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Dumb question
Went to 2.6 and having small issues would like to go back to 2.4
Anyone have a link for 2.4? Having trouble finding it

Ok I have an LV (or will shortly) - where can I grab the 2.6 Firmware from? Not seeing it on their site. Thanks,

Sorry never mind, found it: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home

#6946 2 years ago

**UPDATE*** Rookie move..found it on coin door..Thanks for the tip "Flipper Room"

Ok - LV getting setup - anyone know where the key for the top box/area is located? I'm not seeing it...just the standard quarter lock

#6955 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced this issue? Not sure how the second ball got in the shooting lane - I think it double filled by accident.

Also - I just noticed two of the eggs aren't registering hits from the ball..I couldn't locate the eggs in the test menu - but I did notice the eggs that don't react to balls, did react to the ball search.

Lastly - could anyone confirm the difficulty of the 'air lock'? It is always going 'SDTM' - it's a bit too much, hah

#6957 2 years ago

brado426 - thanks for tip - where can I confirm the playfield revision info? It's #28 and have a manufacture date of 1/22

Also - I just noticed two of the eggs aren't registering hits from the ball..I couldn't locate the eggs in the test menu - but I did notice the eggs that don't react to balls, did react to the ball search.

Lastly - could anyone confirm the difficulty of the 'air lock'? It is always going 'SDTM' - it's a bit too much, hah

#6958 2 years ago

Ok my game is not playing this fast or proper...the airlock doesn't send it STDM -

What's the recommended pitch, leg settings for the game? Right now everything is at 1".

#6960 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If it was manufactured 1/22, chances are, you have a newer Playfield board 6. The revision is printed on Playfield board 6 (donut shaped board.) It should be B, C, or D. Rev. A has problems. It sounds like you're also having a problem with the pop bumper switches. All 3 pop bumper switches plug into Playfield Board 6 (unless you have Rev A of Board 6.. in that case, they plug into a small hub board). Either way, everything is pointing to some problem with Board 6 for you. You could try replacing the RJ45 cables that connect to Board 6 for the heck of it, but I'm guessing the problem is an issue with Board 6 itself. Curious to know what Revision of Board 6 you have.

Ok it Board 6, revision D.

I did find a disconnected cable...I connected it, and hoped this was the problem with the two eggs/ pop bumper, but no go. Opening a ticket for both with PB Bro's now..

board6 (resized).jpgboard6 (resized).jpg
#6963 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hop onto PBs site for info on the scoop, they recommend you bend it. Common issue. I had the same problem on my SV, just wrap the scoop with a rag and bend it with some pliers. Hits to the left flipper everytime now. I did it while in test mode and kept putting balls in the scoop until it was bent enough.

Thanks for info JDub03 !! - I'm having trouble locating details on PB site regarding the scoop adjustment. Can you point me to it?

#6964 2 years ago

A couple of followups -

Can I turn off the 'scare the crap out you' initial shake when the machine turns on?

Is the alien mouth magnet gear supposed to be 'that' loud? It's caught the ball once, but not when the ball is moving fast.

#6970 2 years ago

Thanks for your help! BTW, PB support was really quick to get back to me with a few other things, I'll be testing this weekend.

#6982 2 years ago

Anyone know how to turn the loud shake/startup off?

And - is there a way to quit a game - like sterns"Hold Left button and start for 3 secs etc"

#6986 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Hold start for like 5 seconds, quits the game.
If on first ball, you would have to add 4 players then hold in start to reset the game to 1 player, ball 1.

Thanks - doesn't seem to quit (like Stern) rather, resets game to 1 player / start of new game. Is that right? Is there anyway to have it back out entirely to attract mode etc?

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

That's what I suspected. Rev D shouldn't have the issue, but I was shipped a bad Board 6 Rev D and had to get it swapped out again. It seems Board 6 is a board that PB has been struggling with for whatever reason. The fact that you are having trouble with the trough and the pop bumpers really makes me suspect Board 6. Open a ticket with PB and see what troubleshooting steps they would recommend.
That disconnected cable is normal. Doesn't hurt to plug it in though.

Just an update - got the bumpers working...the leaf clips were too far apart...used some small pliers to fix...

Still trying to get the airlock to go more to the left, but at least 90% of the time if I hold the left flipper I get a bounce back. finally starting to see some of the game modes...this is so damn cool!!

#6994 2 years ago

Hey all...followup - I recently shifted the pitch on an Aliens LV - I'm noticing the ball 'prelaunch' to readiness is not able to trigger enough force to kick the ball into play. Is there an adjustment for this?

Ok - update....The ball launch is performing a 'search' consistently...I cant play the game. Any suggestions?

Video:

#6996 2 years ago

It seems to be only searching at the ball launch - What should I be looking for ?

IMG_1597 (resized).jpgIMG_1597 (resized).jpg
#6998 2 years ago

Ok the Bitch is alive again...did a manual ball drain (in prep of checking the underside)...reloaded balls and , seems to be happy. I think something got confused, but not sure what...

I think the thing that's still a concern is a ...weak ball launch...I did up the launch to 20% plus...but it seems to be inconsistent. Any suggestions? Thanks all

#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yes as mentioned previous page, you have to bend the wire ramp little bit to get a consistent flow of the ball I had the same issue and it was some light bending to make sure it clears all the plastic pieces.

Ok thanks - I haven't done that yet, but I did adjust 'auto launch' to 50% + , and it seems to be fine now. Probably need to bend it per @mageek's earlier suggestion and bring it back down

#7014 2 years ago

It's been an active arcade repair weekend...Between my jealous Ghostbuster stern machine, and my other arcade games - its a fixit weekend for sure...hahah

I have the following remaining Alien LV problem (good news, most other problems have been resolved)

It seems there is a 'weak' ball launch.

Some have suggested that I 'adjust the metal' ball launch area, by bending parts, but I don't think that is the issue.  It seems the launch is getting 'tired', especially during multi-ball modes (ex: ambush)

Examples:

I have attempted a 20% and 50% increase in auto launch...I am seeing inconsistent results, but the 50% increase seemed to help for a bit (maybe 2 hours) then it seems to have the same sluggishness.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Hope everyone is having or had a great Easter Holiday.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Check the coil bracket. Make sure it is aligned properly. I think it's held on by 3 screws. Make sure it is firing straight and not crooked. Also check to make sure the plunger is moving freely. If not loosen the coil itself (2 screws) and reposition.

Thanks man - yeah there is something going there - I made an adjustment which fixed the issue, but it reverts back after 20 minutes or a few multi balls...

Here's a video explaining what I did -

I'm not sure how to get the alignment to stay.

#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What angle do you have your PF at?

It was low at 5.5 but picked up a digital balance and kicked it up to last night 6.6

#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Make sure the bracket is right tight and flat against the coil. Loosen the bracket , push tight against the coil then tighten the screws , use Loctite if they are loosening. You can remove the assembly and do this in a work area and then reinstall.
[quoted image]

Nice - adding Loctite to my Lowes list...getting some small screw drivers to get into the area under the apron too to get a more firm tighten...Thanks!

#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

get the blue.. not the red.

Yeah, haha, made sure not to get the red, although it came in a red container...lol

#7059 2 years ago

Ok - will be messing with launcher tonight... One other minor problem - the ball coming out from the ball staging area, before it goes to the launch..(sorry I don't know what that's called) I noticed sometimes the ball gets stuck, and doesn't land in the launch area. I end up tilting it to get the ball to fall down / into the launcher. Happens occasionally. Any suggestions on that one?

#7064 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

See the last page the balls were magnetized on mine

Huh - if that's the issue, what's the fix? I can degauss them, but that's a bit frustrating.

#7069 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What I noticed in your video was that the rubber head of the plunger (that hits the ball) sits back inside the coil sleeve. Is the rubber head jamming in the sleeve? I’d try shortening the sleeve such that it still comes through the bracket hole but short enough that the plunger head doesn’t sit inside the sleeve

So my launch issue seems to have been addressed...I didn't realize you could take the coil out so easily...I didn't use loctite - just adjusted and firmly tightened the screws...if it slips again, I'll be using loctite. Big thanks to everyone for their suggestions...Very much appreciated!!

#7070 2 years ago

doublepost...

#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Replace them wit titan pinball standard shiny balls. Those will not magnetize.

Silly question but...those should work with the Queen mouth grab and other magnets on the game, correct?

#7088 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Question for the airlock scoop. How loose is yours? Mine since I had it always shoots SDTM. Got a video from the factory with trying to adjust but in the video and what mine is, there's has more given where mine has little.

I've tried the adjustment Pinball Bro's recommends and after several attempts (man you have to have some gorilla strength I think hah)..it no longer goes STDM. 90% of the time if I hold the left flipper, it catches it. And sometimes, it actually ejects to the left most part of the flipper, but pretty rarely. i'm pretty good with that so have left it for now. I've been adjusting Counter-Clock-Wise.

It doesn't seem loose at all, pretty damn sturdy, but I was concerned about over bending it.

#7091 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Did you do the twist method with the pliers or the screwdriver yank method to correct? I have been yanking on this thing, still STDM.
And if you have a picture of your airlock scoop, would be appreciated.

Twist with pliers - Pic attached, has bit of 'Elvis' lip to the left lol

IMG_1619 (resized).jpgIMG_1619 (resized).jpg
#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Thanks for the link. Here is a snapshot the video from the factory sent to try to fix it. I also have the lip but still having issues.[quoted image]

Pliers worked for me - have you checked your machine's Right/Left leveling?

#7096 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Yup leveling is good. With the pliers, using your photo, which direction are you twisting?
I am twisting the blue direction.[quoted image]

I was twisting counter clock wise - since the PB Support page it should be landing on the Left flipper (towards the left most part of it)

#7098 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So the red direction per the picture above? And is thats same corner?

Sorry, I meant Clock wise...not CCW...(mixing up my arcade machines). The blue

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

So my launch issue seems to have been addressed...I didn't realize you could take the coil out so easily...I didn't use loctite - just adjusted and firmly tightened the screws...if it slips again, I'll be using loctite. Big thanks to everyone for their suggestions...Very much appreciated!!

One more followup on the failing ball launch issue...of course the launcher came misaligned again and failed to launch balls, after I 'firmly tightened' it into position.

In speaking with PB Support, they last told me that even they are using "loctite now in every sub-assembly mech"

So I redid the two screws with loctite...waited 24 hours for it to cure and it seems to have done the trick.

I think part of the issue, was, to get the coil to fire straight/aligned, I had to tighten the metal piece at a bit of an angle. This is probably completely normal / fine in most things pinball related, but thought i would mention it. (see pic)

Any way my game is playing really well - and I'm getting better at making shots some of the more difficult shots. It's so damn cool!

IMG_1623 (resized).jpgIMG_1623 (resized).jpg
#7123 1 year ago

***Update - looks like a busted spring...sheeet...easy fix - just stretched the existing one and ordered some spare springs** -

(Original Post)

Dang nabbit...got the sticky flipper issue on the bottom right flipper.

Is this still the best method to fix? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/88#post-6643675

Also about flippers - is there anyone out there that has replaced their flippers entirely? Is there a benefit to do so? Right now, I would say the play on the flippers is a bit 'loose' and are floaty.. but I think that's by design. Kind of like the game is in 'space' Compared to my Ghostbusters, I don't feel its as accurate, but again, I'm getting used to these.

IMG_1628 (resized).jpgIMG_1628 (resized).jpg

#7131 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Can’t wait to get the call to run over to hose this puppy down again when it catches on fire for the 3rd time fattdirk
Glutton for punishment
[quoted image]

I'm sorry but...what's going on here? Caught fire? Say what? If so that sucks...When was this particular Alien manufactured? And has PB Support weighed in?

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I also want to give credit to this Group of people. I’ve had hiccups from broken targets switches to flipper mechanics to software issues but Andrea over there at Pinball brothers has been diligently trying to get me sorted out. They have been great in my book and I think in this infancy stage they are working out the bugs and will eventually get a product that is tough as Ripley (See what I did there).

I'd definitely echo that - minor issues on my side and this forum has been a great help.

#7178 1 year ago

What game is this? (Not Alien rt, there's no drop targets)

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

APC drops on the right side

Oh...duh...thanks...yeah that's jank..

#7194 1 year ago

So...getting a ball stuck before it can get to the launch area

I can shake it into position, but then it tilts. happening enough now that I'll probably disable the tilt until I've fixed it.

Same video but tee'd up to where it happens again at 47 seconds:

I'm thinking some sort of material/cushion can be placed to help it bounce out, but looking for a proper solution.

#7198 1 year ago

Ok - that actually makes a bunch of sense - I bent it it and it seems to be playing fine and no longer catching...thanks all!

#7204 1 year ago

Anyone have an opinion about the targets on the LV? Was reading the history a bit on this thread, pretty interesting. (Gen 1 vs 2 etc)

One question I have - should I be 'bending' / pushing these back? I recall reading something about them 'moving' and needed to be adjusted. here's a couple of mine. I'd like them to be more sensitive, but they seem to need a dead on hit to register...perhaps that's how it should be.

image0 (3) (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpeg
#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

From what I've seen, the targets have a small micro switch that is triggered when the spring steel with the white target face bends back enough to depress the switch. So if there is a gap between the spring steel and the switch button, then you would be able to adjust/bend the spring steel to sit closer to the switch.If however the spring steel is close to the switch button, then adjusting it further might not be possible and it might simply be the force required for the switch button to be depressed.

Thanks - I'm wondering if I should be 'bending' the white plastic targets back to improve the targets registering?

One thing I did - probably not directly related, but maybe...I increased the bottom flippers 15%...definitely seeing more 'action' and target hits. Saw this gent mention it and gave it a shot

#7220 1 year ago

Ok - new issue - drop target "C" is falling prematurely...I've seen this scenario before on a stern pin, and fixed it using a custom cut piece of pinball plastic.

Any suggestions? I haven't looked yet, but hoping I don't find a borked screw

IMG_1671 (resized).jpgIMG_1671 (resized).jpg
#7225 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

precisionk posted about this the other day https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/144#post-6899013
Might be worth checking that the lifter is level and locking all targets properly in place (otherwise the vibration from the flipper mech is causing them to prematurely drop)

Thanks! yeah, I was afraid to check for the broken screw - but I may have to, lol. So I'm not quite sure what's going on, but the coil that drives the drop targets is very loose and rotates - is this ok?

Then, I think there is some kind of inconsistent spring grab happening - the "C" seems to have a different method of catching, or its catching the whole set of targets.

Any thoughts on what I need to tweak here?

and

Thanks

#7235 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Just fixed this! Checked those bottom screws, make sure they are completely level. That one screw looks COMPLETELY angled. If angled, its possible the coil plunger is angeled and not firing off 100% straight, which would cause the issues you are having.

Thanks precisionk - to confirm are you referring to the Red, Blue or something else?

screws (resized).pngscrews (resized).png
#7302 1 year ago

Hey folks...another (I believe minor) problem...

Xeno seems to be struggling. I noticed it seems to test on boot up 'ok' but maybe it just got lucky. During play, it is failing to 'drive', or come out of its shell... there's a few suggestions out there, but anyone have direct experience with this? I read something about loosening some screws around the Xeno mech - I will probably try that, but if anyone has any additional guidance / thoughts, definitely appreciated.

and

#7317 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Assuming your motor is working correctly...
The switch is finicky. If you pull the top of the head off you can see how it works. Most likely you need to bend the switch wire down slightly. It will take some experimenting
Go into menu mode..then back out. It will attempt to reset the tongue. It should do a quick short move to activate the switch. The bend of the wire should be up enough to press the switch. If it does not...it wont extend further. Repeat the process until you get it adjusted to consistently extend.

I have a ticket open with PB support, but thought I'd note here for anyone interested. Seems the Xeno head is getting stuck during test roughly 50% of the time...seems it starts to 'pull back' and gets stuck. I attempted adjusting the switch a bit, but i don't think its getting 'stuck' due to the switch.

#7327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Did you try to loosen the black nylonblock? That holds the tongue down to the gear. Seems your tongue is not pressed hard enough down to the gear, so it can slip. Try to apple some force to the loosened block and then fasten it. You need to experiment a bit. Maybe after fastening it the motor needs a bit more power, but usually not.
The switch is not your problem.

Ok I tried this, I'm not seeing how this is giving me much improvement. Its those two screws on the right, correct? There's not much wiggle room to force it ...but I do tend to agree, I don't think think it's the switch. Is there any other way to secure the tongue more firmly?

Ok - update, I pushed firmly in one direction - (metal bracket) up wards, and tightened, and yeah, you can tell the tongue can't extend easily. So I tried the opposite direction, and it's too loose (hence the slip), and in the middle, just the same, slip.

Also where is motor power adjustment? Not seeing it in the settings.

More of the same on this video Also - PB Support is suggesting the switch replacement. I don' think that's it

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Maybe my video can help you:

Hi Thank you - I tried again, but no luck, I could see a more thorough adjustment on the switch on your video so I tried to adjust the switch/bend again (using a leaf switch adjustment tool and my finger). I've followed up with PB Support. I think there's something going on with the tongue/gear.

Here's my latest / likely final video with this mech:

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpeg

#7345 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Second call - anyone care to help me out by taking a pic, head on, of the xeno tongue mech.
Thanks in advance!!

Is this what u needed?

IMG_1753 (resized).jpgIMG_1753 (resized).jpg
#7376 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

This is because of 3 locations a spring can be installed - the default factory spot is a notch that the spring can easily slip out of.

Didn't realize this, where's the preferred location to install the spring? One of mine broke, but I stretched what was left and its holding, and the other slipped out and I remounted, and stretched the connecting piece of the spring, but to the same location. Ordered spare springs, but still holding the original (even tho one broke).

#7385 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anybody know what the actual electronics receiver part is for the little Opto board in use on these games? I've got a few issues with my game out of the box, can't really play it currently because the right ramp /reverse ramp opto is non working.
I took it apart to have a look and found this.... No receiver opto on the board!!! and doesn't look like it was ever soldered on there
I should say pb support is very good and they are super quick to reply and help and get parts ready to ship out to you, but that doesn't help me play my new game this weekend!!
[quoted image]

Ahh..brother I feel your pain...that's a bit of a whoops...hah...so far PB Support has been solid, but the little things like this are frustrating especially when you want to play. I am curious about the opto's too...its very cool when the left drain gets a save - but I wonder how that works. (it's magic!) lol

#7401 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Any tips making flippers feel stronger , other then settings coils adjustments. Set mine at +40% but not sure if the settings do anything?? Seems the same as +10%
Also should lv owners still change the flipper switches to stern ones? Does this help with strength? Especially orbit shots /tip of flipper shots feel weakest.
It’s also like nothing seems easy to shoot. Can’t put my finger on it, the hyper sleep lock shot is super hard!! Only ever made 1 lock in a game so far. Cool mech though

Curious what the feedback is on this.. What Stern switch is being recommended? Is there a part number?

I definitely felt the game was very 'floaty' when I first started playing..but this I understand it typical of bally/williams games...I can say the more I play the more I'm able to make shots, and there's definitely some great 'flow' happening now that i've gotten better. I boosted each bottom flipper up 15% based on feedback I heard from another owner (he made a video and mentioned this). That ball lock is hard...I've made it many times but I don't think more than one ball has gotten in during a single game and I don't think I ever 'planned' it

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Sorry for my outburst before. Just the frustration spilling over. I’m sure it will get fixed. I’ve opened a ticket and have been told to do a machine rebuild.

I get the frustration - hang in there - its a great game once it's dialed in. PB Support has been pretty solid so far.

Here's the list of issues I've had but most of them have been addressed:

1. Power On - Screen doesn't display, have to reboot, sometimes 2-3 times, mostly 1 time

2. Xeno Mech - SW Error 1 - Tried adjusting screws and shifting nylon block. Re-secured the switch mounts. Adjusted the switch after several temps, made no difference:

(Replacement mech being shipped free of charge, arrives next Thursday)

3. Bottom Right Flipper - stuck up (Right Spring broke, stretched remaining spring part and hasn't failed yet but bought new springs)

4. Bottom Left Flipper (stuck up). Spring came loose. Bought spare springs - Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring 265-5035-00. haven't installed.

5. Drop ball into launch - Stuck on launch wire - fix - bent/stretched wire

6. Launch failing - Shape of coil mount slightly crooked. Caused launch to get stuck. Fix: partial rebuild / align / rescrew coil and mount. Used "Loctite Blue" on screws (screws did not hold otherwise).

7. Cabinet front door - hard to shut - Not sure what's causing this - have to give it a good slam to get in position to lock - sometimes lock get stuck. Noticed a fallen off / loose screw on the inside- remounted - still hard to shut (not fixed)

8. Egg/Pop Bumbers did not function when the ball hit them - Adjusted leaf switches to make the 'closer' used a pair of pliers - but bought a leaf adjustment tool for future. Because they are considered 'low quality', heard these can be changed out with Stern part (need to confirm)

9. APC/Drop Targets - seem to be very sensitive - and sometimes "C" and "P" drop down at vibration or flipper click - or barely touch. Was advised to attempt alignment of the drop target piece. Not seeing how the alignment is off, haven't attempted removing the part entirely from the playfield to inspect further.

I think that's it - only ones that are really bothering me at 1,7 and 9. Everything else has been solved or has an easy work around.

#7447 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

For the buttons and backglass along with the soon to be apron mod, I mounted a dedicated power supply. It was very easy and for this game is the safest way to mod this machine.

I'm considering this - I have the "alien motion tracker" and apron planned for install. I was assuming this could plug into existing wiring w/out much of an issue. (not sure how yet, hope the instructions with those mods offers some guidance)

If one does run a separate 12V supply - are you routing a separate A/C plug for the machine? Haven't done this yet - but considered doing something similar here:

#7471 1 year ago

I just replaced the Xeno mech due to failing issue - after PB Brother support sent me a new one.

Went in pretty basic - needed to unmount the scope to get access to it, but anyway -

It seems to work fine, however - it's making this noise - almost like the motor/mechanism is struggling or getting stressed.

Does anyone else's Xeno mech make this noise? Should I be concerned? It goes away after it 'does its thing' during a multi ball etc, but it may be a prob down the road.

Not sure how audible it will be with glass on.

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Push up on the bottom jaw and see if it goes away. I had a buzz like that and it has to do with the jaw not being positioned correctly which causes it not to close completely.

hah, yeah that's it - it goes away when I push up wonder how I can adjust it so it doesn't make that noise from time to time. need to play around with it

Update - I pushed on the chin upwards - seems to have addressed....The bitch is back...hah!

#7484 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

This is normal. Mine is this loud when the mech extends.

I meant before the tongue extends...it was related to the mechanism that drops the mouth

1 week later
#7710 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The red one - there's 2 of them
[quoted image]

Hey all - hope your alien pinball is treating you right.

Going back to troubleshooting this. I haven't really identified the issue. This is the first time I've taken the drop target setup out. I'm still dealing with alien tongue woes specific to the jaw dropping getting stuck and not closing - (even though i got a brand new unit, apparently I am being told I need to 'calibrate') At this point waiting for loctite to cure before I can test the calibration PB Brother's recommended.

But anyway - yeah, my drop targets are (still) very sensitive - sometimes both "P" and "C" drop when the flipper is hit.
I have the part out, but I'm not sure what to adjust, tighten, check or otherwise.

Here's a current video. As always, any help appreciated.

cheers!

#7711 1 year ago

double post

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

gotta lock tite them targets. there is a small gap between the boards and the screws.. just enough to allow a shift... Once you locktite it down and let it cure, you should be good to go.

Ok - also revisiting this...what is up with my targets?

Issue: Some of the targets aren't registering hits. It was mentioned to "lock tite them targets."

On what am I supposed to locktite? The screws? Parts of the target?

I haven't tested them via the machine test - but I was just checking out two different targets. The one on the left doesn't click when pushed, while the one on the right does! I only have one target that doesn't 'click'. I read something about version 1 and version 2 targets for this machine, and thought, well maybe I have a version 1 for just one of my targets...HOWEVER..upon further inspection, the one on the left doesn't have a switch/click attached.

Is this a problem? I suspect the other targets needs to be adjusted still (i.e. the ones that click) but not sure how (yet).

Any help appreciated.

cheers

IMG_0020 (resized).jpgIMG_0020 (resized).jpg
#7740 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes the one on the left is missing the small push button micro-switch, hence why it won’t work. Did it ever work (wondering if they were manufactured incorrectly or whether the micro-switch has fell off during gameplay and is in the bottom of your machine)?
Suggest you check the other switches that aren’t working to see if they have the same issue.

I found the switch on the bottom of the machine...and I was able to fix, broke out the solder iron and repaired it. Clicks and tested, (works) (yayyy)

So followup question - kind of what I was alluding to earlier - for the other switches, I want to make more 'sensitive'/ responsive - someone mentioned adding loctite to the switches. I'm wondering where, or what other adjustment I can make? Or if there's any other general tip to improve switch hit response? It wasn't just the switch that I repaired that had accuracy issues when playing.

Someone also mentioned replacing with another manufacturer's part (Stern?) or maybe I'm getting mixed up.

Thanks,

#7798 1 year ago

That's a positive update drypaint ...I would echo the sentiment on Andrea - he's been a great resource. Just sent me a custom video to fine tune the Xeno head that I'm currently reviewing.

#7802 1 year ago

I'll post it soon, want to make sure it's fixing my prob.

#7814 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is this video something we all could use?

Possibly? again my comment was more to highlight PB support's responsiveness and support.

My current issue with the jaw not opening enough for tongue to come out. I had been working with PB Support on another issue where the tongue wasn't coming out / getting stuck. The new Xeno head sent, mouth comes out, but jaw is not aligned.

Here was the video Andrea made for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtq3u1gmg0q2zsx/DSCN0242.MOV?dl=0

I havent had a chance to review fully or to further attempt repair test. Plan to do that tonight.

#7917 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Possibly? again my comment was more to highlight PB support's responsiveness and support.
My current issue with the jaw not opening enough for tongue to come out. I had been working with PB Support on another issue where the tongue wasn't coming out / getting stuck. The new Xeno head sent, mouth comes out, but jaw is not aligned.
Here was the video Andrea made for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtq3u1gmg0q2zsx/DSCN0242.MOV?dl=0
I havent had a chance to review fully or to further attempt repair test. Plan to do that tonight.

LV #28 - Hey all - just an update. I FINALLY had a chance to try the instructions on the video to 'calibrate' the Xeno head, per the instructions received from Andrea.

I think what may help folks in the future is to have the playfield standing so you can access the bottom, and connect the Xeno head there to perform the calibration as done in this video. Still useful to have two people. but this simplified the process.

Also my APC targets are nice and stable. I cut a couple of pieces of thick'ish paper and aligned with the plastic drop target ledge piece.

I actually did a similar thing on my Ghostbusters awhile back and it seemed to help.

Lastly - I had a water leak in my ceiling in my game room....So that obviously took precedence moving everything out...nothing got damaged/wet, but was a scare!

283110585_10227492608998834_5785735078547857148_n (resized).jpg283110585_10227492608998834_5785735078547857148_n (resized).jpgIMG_0045 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0045 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0046 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0046 (1) (resized).jpgad (resized).jpgad (resized).jpgpi (resized).jpgpi (resized).jpg
#7920 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Once playfield was vertical, did you calibrate xeno while motor etc were out of machine, like in video?

Yes - that's exactly what I did. Still helped to have a second person. The original instructions support provided (before Andrea made that video) didn't articulate this but doing this did the trick. It appears the Xeno needed to be upside down when doing the calibration with the screw and gear clip is off. Essentially, the mouth reverts to 'shut' at the completion of the calibration. When the gear lock is off it won't mechanically close the mouth, but gravity will. You do have to hold the mouth open while the tongue extends and pulls back.

3 weeks later
#8119 1 year ago

Anyone recommend how to make this tough shot? Is it makeable from the lower left flipper?

Whenever I get to the "Bug Hunt" mode, and attempt to complete before the colonist 'chest burster' scene, I can never make this shot.

I'm thinking i need to start from the bottom right flipper, bounce to the "MU/TH/R" , and then attempt to shoot from the mid left. Any suggestions?

hardshot (resized).pnghardshot (resized).png
#8207 1 year ago

Had a recurring issue - Alien mouth gets stuck with tongue out - and holding a ball. Never pulls in. When the game/mode finishes, it doesn't reset. Only fix is to power/on off, but has fixed both times this has occurred (maybe once a month)

I'm on version 2.6. Was considering upgrading to 2.7 but admittedly the game appears pretty stable aside from this issue and occasional lock up when on for over 3 hours or so, requiring a reboot.

Before I upgrade to 2.7, does anyone have an experience downgrading back to a previous version (i.e. version 2.6) or can forward instructions? Would rather not temporarily brick the system by way of a failed update.

Thanks

#8210 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have not seen this issue on 2.6. Might be a hardware issue...
But to your question, you can go back and forth with ease. I would just suggest a factory reset each time you change versions for now due to the changing config details.

Thanks - can you link me to the factory reset? Assume this brings it down to 2.5 and then I apply 2.7 on it?

#8217 1 year ago

This is happening more frequently - any suggested approach to remediate that is minimally destructive?

#8297 1 year ago

hey all -

Alien LV #28 working pretty solid. I've updated from 2.6 to 2.7 just recently.

Still running into occasional lock ups despite the update. Usually the game has locked up when not playing, but this was first time during game play. The flippers were responding, and but the game no longer recognized anything being hit, and it looks like all LED playfield lights were 'stuck'.

Anyone else run into this? I'd say anywhere from 2-5 hours after being on this would happen.

Game is playing very solid otherwise.

#8301 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Updated to 2.7 yesterday. Put about 20-30 games on. No issues at all. I have the standard build.

Can you confirm if you've left the game running 3-5 hours and not locking up? This would be valuable information

1 week later
#8438 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine works great at 6.5. This game is never going to be as quick as a modern Stern, no matter what pitch you set it to. But who wants every game to feel the same!

Mine had been at 6.7 since I initially setup about 2 months ago, and I just dropped it down to 6.3 this weekend. I'm able to make the ball lock and #3 shot alot more now. Didn't mess with flipper strength either. I think it's definitely supposed to be in this range. (6.3-6.5)

2 weeks later
#8904 1 year ago

Regarding the spinners...anyone else disappointed with the artwork on these things? Seems a little incongruent with the overall art package..thinking of changing

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#8907 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is that Vic Rattlehead on the spinner

Its definitely 'skull' centric...I dunno just could be better...Something actually from Alien or Aliens would be cool. I think this is alternative artwork. I definitely do like the overall art package. This one just seems a little off

As for functionality - it spins / registers just fine as far as I can tell

#8910 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yes, not shitting on PB's effort.. but the OG sure was pirdy! The side art blades that light up are so sweeet!. Surprised (not surprised) they didn't implement that option. Not the worst decision to ditch that cabinet i guess

huh? side art blades? We were talking about spinners...is it the same artwork on the spinners for the OG Alien (Heighway robery LE model) ?

#8916 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, I don’t know what you mean about the spinners. They work well and I like the art. It’s a small space and you need simple art to be legible.

They don't looks very "Alien" or "Aliens"-eee'

I guess that was my critique....the machine is (nearly otherwise) a genuine work of art!

2 weeks later
#9276 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

I don't understand the constant testimonials as to "how good the PB support is". That's great, but that can only be possible if it's needed. At this point every machine should be leaving the factory "playing as it should". This is a dream theme for me but it's getting sketchy!

I definitely get that concern - it was my first NIB pin - and had quite a few issues to address - all relatively minor in hindsight - except I was particularly concerned with the Xeno mech (I think my original had a loose part that was never identified, and ended up with a replacement. I still had to calibrate it which was a bit of pain, but doable)... it's been running great since I've gotten everything dialed in. It's worth it especially if you like the theme. It's a totally different game from my other two (Ghostbusters and Lebowski)

1 month later
#10187 1 year ago

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the weapons function?

I recently got the custom Apron, which is really amazing - but it's reminded me of how little I know about the Weapons collecting in the game. I read the game play manual, and its a bit confusing - is it worth holding onto weapons before initiating them? (do they get stronger the more you collect before you initiate them?)

The only thing really valuable seems to be hitting it right before a ball drains and sometimes it initiates a multiball. I'm thinking there's a deeper purpose for them

#10208 1 year ago

Anyone capable and interested in painting this thing for use as a topper?

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-games/nerf/products/nerf-aliens-lmtd-aliens-m41a-pulse-blaster-gamestop-exclusive/306502.html?condition=New&sku=11155847.html

Saw this on an aliens fan page on Facebook - guy is based in UK - probably wouldn't pass customs, so looking for someone US based who may be interested in doing similar work for a fair price.

Also of course it would be bad ass to have the LED light integrated somehow...

custom (resized).pngcustom (resized).png

#10210 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I preordered one of these almost a year ago...lol

yeah, looks like its finally getting released next month, I just ordered it after seeing what someone was able to make it look like - are you modding/painting it? curious how it goes

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes, I was going to use it as a topper but I don't think it will fit between my beacon lights.

It should clear the shorter sized beacon's on the LV, I'm thinking?

#10213 1 year ago

Tilt Bob - anyone update there's or know how to adjust? Seems like a different style than what I have on my other pins...it's also tilted coming towards the front legs - even though I thought I had my table leveled - is my only option to level against the tilt bob?

#10226 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have the SV with the custom apron and bigger beacons...

Even still - there should be a way to elevate/custom position the gun so it clears - maybe even at a slight angle -

curious if anyone is interested / capable in doing a custom paint job? Here's another example I found on Facebook Aliens related group (also outside of the US)
custom 2 (resized).pngcustom 2 (resized).png

#10227 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The ring is a very flimsy piece of metal. Just bend it back until it looks level to the floor.

Thanks - yeah sometimes the simplistic things are the biggest help...thx for the suggestion - I ended up bending/adjusting the top and bottom pieces, much more centered now...probably going to remove the tile bob entirely to learn to better address the right side drain...which Aliens has one of the more legit nudge saves I've seen in a pin

#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

ohhhhh does this thing look so freaking good. It’s not fully installed yet but had to share a picture KJS did a amazing job on this. Thank you sir
[quoted image]

that almost looks like a layered / 3d picture - is that the case? I really like the LV artwork, but this one looks amazing

#10231 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

yes it layered. The clear translite in the front and the picture sitting in the back to give it that 3d effect. looks even better in person.

Very cool - is this for sale still?

1 week later
#10467 1 year ago

I upgraded to 3.0 yesterday my LV and seems fine, except - One of my targets is glowing 'red' and flashing with skill shot lights during gameplay.

I don't think this is intended given that when I hit the target, nothing happens.

Here's a video showing it as well.

Anyone else run into this?

image0 (7) (resized).jpegimage0 (7) (resized).jpeg
#10469 1 year ago

Ok - so they should all be red

Quoted from brado426:

My guess is that the LED cables for targets 1, 2, and 4 are not plugged in. If you plug those in, you should get consistent results between targets 1, 2, 3, and 4.

That's precisely what it was...thx!! - yeah these secondary cables were not plugged in out of factory for some reason. I remember plugging in one of them and leaving the rest unconnected because they 'weren't needed' as I understood but wouldn't hurt plugging in - I should have plugged in all of them. Weird they left wired but unconnected.

#10473 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I have The same issue on my SV. Although mine is on the leftmost xeno target

Did you check if you have any non-connected cables near the targets?

2 weeks later
#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I didn't know that was an issue...just normal for this machine.

It's a bit jarring - also the main display not coming up...is anyone not experiencing this issue? Its quite frustrating. I thought I was getting better results by shortening the time to turn back on to 1 second after all the lights go off...but took me 4 reboots, so that LOUD shaker each time...I did get it to come on after waiting about 10 seconds between the last power cycle... If this is a 'every game' issue, I wonder if the Queen pin will have the same issue

#10827 1 year ago

ok I rated it, but realized I haven't rated any other games yet - so it told me I have to rate 6 others...I'll do that soon

#10829 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Granted some them still dont have 100% reliable answer but, they are known and fixable.. example;
Main screen not coming up - if the HDMI cable between the main screen and the Small screen is loose, the main screen can start black**) It is likely the connection at the small screen input that comes loose from game action... use tape to 'pull' it closed.

Wow...first I'm hearing this suggestion, I will check..because last I heard from PB support they were aware of this issue...and mentioned they were looking into it but didn't have a solution yet. (This was in june of this year). So folks are having 1 time on boot successes with the main display coming on?

1 week later
#10976 1 year ago

**UPDATE***

Well there are no EOS switches on this game...looks like the leaf switch on the left flipper was pretty loose - adjusted it - seems to be playing fine now...will keep an eye on it

Hey all - quick one I hope - playing some Alien tonight and noticed the bottom left flipper - seems to be slipping. If a ball hits it hard when the flipper is in the up position, the flipper falls down for a second. Anything suggested to check / specifically fix this? Thanks!

3 weeks later
#11316 1 year ago

Hey all - quick one - anyone successfully improve , or reduce the scoop 'bounce out'? It seems to be occurring more so as of late. Thx

4 months later
#13849 12 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Some sort of "important" announcement is coming tomorrow from PB. their social media accounts put up a post today. Code drop perhaps?

Another model? Guessing...how about updated movie call outs? More shots of Hicks and anything with Ripley?

Probably some tighter code/firmware.

#13858 11 months ago

Found something new in the game -

I was playing and, on ball 2, I held the left flipper(s), and then launched the ball.

I noticed a space ship fly off (looked like Ripley's escape ship), and the game says "Take it away!"

Not sure why this occurred - anyone familiar with this? When this occurs, or how it works into scoring etc?

Pretty cool!

#13889 11 months ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Well, that Alien day news from PB wasn’t very exciting. New code with some cool rule updates would be great. A $426 discount on a game I already bought, not so much. Hopefully it will at least motivate some to become LV owners.

Dang..In other news - I found someone to paint my Alien Nerf Gun which was my plan for a topper. Check out David Broido on Facebook. Guy's really talented.

bringdown (resized).jpgbringdown (resized).jpgexamples (resized).jpgexamples (resized).jpg
#13890 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Shawn has been nothing short of fantastic in helping diagnose and resolve issues within a day or two .Best service I’ve had with any product in decades .

Totally agree / endorse. Nothing but positive and super fast resolves/support from my experience.

5 months later
#15187 6 months ago

will other models get the updated visuals/assets?

Pretty interesting news

1 month later
#16487 4 months ago

New Code: Anyone have a link?

#16494 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not out yet. Supposedly by the end of the week.

Oh wow...read that FB post wrong...thought it would be out today..just some guys playing the new code. I guess I can wait a bit longer

#16603 4 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Anyone else getting this when attempting to download the 4.0?
[quoted image]

That's annoying - here's a WeTransfer link when I grabbed it earlier today - - -

https://we.tl/t-UAGurz69iS

#16604 4 months ago

Signing Alien pinball translite -

I had this idea about attending a future convention where some of the cast attends to sign my Alien LV translite. Looking at the cover, the translite is firmly attached / glued.

Any suggestions on this? Is there someone selling a translite that isn't completely glued to the plastic cover? I was thinking of having them sign the main plastic - but never wash it (or be very careful / use permanent market etc)

3 months later
#18595 18 days ago

Hey Alien pinball folks - thought you may appreciate. Met many of the crew of the Sulaco and Newt during a recent horror con in Vegas. Had them sign the custom Alien Apron from Evolution Mods.

Came out pretty cool I thought. Didn't get everyone - but met Frost, Hicks (Michael Bieihn), Newt, Vasquez, and Gorman

Everyone was cool, particularly Frost, (Ricco Ross), Hicks and Vasquez (Jeanette Goldstein).

cheers!

- Brandon

example (resized).jpgexample (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandonx76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=brandonx76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.