IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2626 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_122308 (resized).jpg
IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6435 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackflag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#611 2 years ago

Hi,
My Xeno just been to the dentist and imo, it seems it feels much better !
Isn't she lovely ?

IMG_6873 (resized).jpgIMG_6873 (resized).jpgIMG_6877 (resized).jpgIMG_6877 (resized).jpg
#613 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Haahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

EXCELLENT !!

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Haahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

You did it with silicon ??

Quoted from Averell:

Check your Airlock and Magnets and place Cliffys there to prevent damage!

Do you have some picts for the cliffys .?

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes silicone.
Go to Cliffys website and get in contact with him: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
And possible here: https://www.ecflipp.fr/fr/

Great, i really like it (your silicone artwork) !!
About the Cliffys i don't really see what and where to add'em ... if ever you can get a picture once.
Thanks for the advice anyway

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You have to cover the edge of the airlock scoop and use a ring on both magnets.
If not, your playfield will be damaged after a few games.
Here you see only one magnet, PB-ALIEN has a second at the chestburster right next of the right scoop with the wire ramp.
[quoted image]

Great, thanks a lot man !

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

MK6Pin made some...
[quoted image]

Cool, is there any link to download please ?

1 week later
#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Is there a manual or any other information included?

Personally, i'm using this one until ...
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You should use the latest version available at IPDB.

Seems to point to the same one ...

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

This is unacceptable, but what can we expect... production in Italy, as cheap as possible.

Are you sure that production would be lotsa better if it was from China ?

Now, concerning "as cheap as possible", if you're having a look to how cables routing are done (and other assembly), materials in use (majorly inox, full RGB, plastics ...) you should admit that it's not objective !

Ok the machine is not yet 100% perfect now, but bashing Italy for free and saying that PB is just trying to make a high profit machine is just not Fair !

#778 2 years ago

Hi for those who don't care about dialogs you can see a "living" machine on a french review :
Enjoy

#pinball-brothers-alien-standard

#780 2 years ago

NP
Just for info, mine is somekind of pre-release so, as it's a french video you may not understand it.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So this is you and your machine? Great video, very professionally done and some nice playing skills as well
... just need one of my kids to interpret for me

Thanks, yep, this is my machine.
I'm not the "main" guy in the video, a friend who's working for a French Pinball channel (RB Flip France) did the video, thanks for him

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah hopefully they are just leaf switches.

I'm about trying to do the conversion, will post about it if i manage to do something "clean".

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

.... I would be interested to see the underside of the playfield a bit more

Maybe this would help ? https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/
Then go to Mechanisms

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

...Thank you for posting that link.

With pleasure, that’s what a board is meant for, no ?

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

BlackFlag Thanks for the awesome video. I watched the whole thing last night despite not understanding a word. I also had no idea that Alf was a cat.
I notice that your MUTHUR lane kick out is very smooth and it seems like the coil is much lower powered than mine is. I have been trying to adjust mine under the playfield and it is still not a consistent smooth feed to the upper left flipper. Did you make any adjustments to yours or has it always been that way? I tried lowering the coil strength to -25% but it still is coming out much stronger than yours. I am planning on taking a slow mo video to analyze further, but seeing your video almost makes me think my coil is too strong.
Do you have any problems with the up posts by the pop bumpers? In Derelict Ship mode I think that both orbits should get stopped and dropped into the pops but mine does not do that all the time. They do work fine in test mode.

TinyBlackDog Many thanks to you !!
Hell no, ALF is not a cat, ALF eats cats !! That's the reason why we asked him a hand to find Jonesy :p

The video is (unfortunately) impossible to translate as plenty of dumb references to french movies, culture and so pop all the way, all the time !
The only "serious" things that should make sense for non french people are the explanation of the rules as missions comes up, the overall rating from my friend Julien who made the video, and the thanks mentions to the french distributor (France Flipper) and my friend Cato Paus Skrede (PB lead programmer) for his help and patience

Concerning my MUTHUR lane kick, it used to be much powered until a screw became really lose and fell into the cab. Since i re-tight everything it became smoother. Maybe your have not a perfect alignement between coil and plunger ? and with coil power it blocks until a sudden release when a certain spot is reached ?? ... or mine is too underpowered ?

Now, heres the other adjustments done on my machine :
Right + Left Flip = +10%
Upper Right Flip = +25% (as the Hypersleep ramp is pain to climb!)
Upper left Flip = Factory default to avoid drop targets destruction.
Lowered the kicker to -5% as sometimes the ball pulls out like hurricane.

Now, concerning the up posts by the bumpers, we have the same feeling here. It seems they don't always come out but not easy to check while playing.
I bet on a code issue for that.

My main issues are/been :
Random Xeno initialization scheme
Random Xeno work : sometimes i feel like the xeno and the magnet are not working synchronioulsy
Lock 1 (opto) in Hypersleep chamber not perfectly aligned, now Opto 1 is fine but move to opto 3 (certainly after after re-assemblig the ramp)
Sometimes a ball step between reserve and shooting lane, due to the small plastic part which preserve the playfield but just shaking smoothly the machine pull the ball either back inside or in the lane.
And rarely randomly either the machine don't notice the (last) ball is drained or on the opposite consider you've lost the last ball then shut down flip and ... "You failed" ! :p

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Loved the video. This is the best video that's been done so far and I really appreciate it. Will there be more videos in the future? Is there any chance your friends speak English? I would love the hear what you guys think about the game.

Thanks a lot for my friend Julien and RB Flip France!!!
I’m gonna report the RBFlip crew about your desire to get an English spoken video, i’m not a crew member, just the pinball owner ...
May be in between Julien could step into this post and add his feedback in a written way ?
Thanks again for your kind feedback

3 weeks later
#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You guys must be getting excited. Anyone in Dallas area in the first batch? I will bring the bourbon .

Don't you mind goin to south of France ? :p

#1054 2 years ago

Hi,
Just a quick post for the definitive Targets Fix.
Here's my PB ALIEN converted with White Water Targets

3 Green + 2 Orange Targets
5 connectors JST PH2 (to keep original cables unmodified)

And ... voilà

IMG_6977 (resized).jpgIMG_6977 (resized).jpgIMG_6978 (resized).jpgIMG_6978 (resized).jpg
#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good job! But you do know WH20 targets are notorious for breaking? The plastic splits over time, so not sure how they will hold up in this game.

Yep, i'm actually looking for rivets in case of breaking to put back the original white ones but it seems to be not so easy ?
Other solution would be to find a leaf switch that could fit inside the PB targets, now i got them outside and unmounted i can easily take one to go and compare to some switch.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you're already having to fix parts in a brand new game? I guess I'll continue to wait on feedback to make sure the quality is good on this one before purchasing.

Yep, i would be more worry to still have to do this after years of release ...
I personally enjoy to get involved into fixing, debugging even more than spending time on playing but i can understand yer opinion

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that engineer model the one from Wish?

It can be, i personally bought on Aliexpress so it may be the same source :
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001813613652.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2cd86c37jx3L1A

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Have you ever bought a brand new pinball machine before? There is ALWAYS something to fix on a brand new game from any manufacturer. If you're expecting everything to be absolutely perfect on your brand new game, owning a pinball machine is probably not for you.

Brado, i wouldn't be so definitive. Utesichiban has legal thoughts, we just don't aim same things.
Just don't let fights kills passion here. Peace

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think we need to make sure the current target inconsistencies aren’t code related. Then start switching them out with leaf switches.

They aren't, i've replaced all micro switches from those targets one month ago and ... let's say... 20 games later 2 out of 5 are already broken !

1 week later
#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When are we gonna see more mods for this game?

Soon i hope ...

1 week later
#1249 2 years ago

I had some issue with the opts of the Hypersleep chamber on mine.
Optos for ball#1 were not perfectly aligned furthermore a small uncut wire of plastic was laying in front of the right opto that may cause false detection.
I also slightly redrilled holes (left and right) used for the opts beam, cut the hair-thin plastic wire inside the plastic opto support.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I tested the Optos and they seem to be working fine... BALL 1-3 all register just fine. I now have a ticket open with PB.... Looks like they're responding fast... I didn't really know how to submit a support ticket, but now I have an account to do that. I'll let you know what happens with this in case someone else has the same issue.

Thanks Brado

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I removed the hypersleep lock and put it back in and it seems to be working now. But it seems the real problem is that I have a defective BALL LOCK 1 opto. All the other optos are working fine, but I disassembled the optos to ensure that it wasn't an alignment issue and no matter what, they won't register. PB is sending me replacement optos.

Did you check this grey plastic opto support ?
As said earlier i had a hair-thin uncut plastic wire across the optos beam hole.
Your issue reminds me mine, and we found out that if you move the ball in the really center of the front edge of the chamber (V shaped spot) then the opts was detecting the ball by generally when playing the ball used to lay on the left instead of being perfectly centered.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Cato (he is a super cool and nice guy) told me about the possibility of the optos not lining up and even the possibility of needing to make the opto holes in the ball lock mechanism 1 mm bigger. But that's not the issue in my case... I disassembled the optos down to the bare PCBs and pointed them at each other and get nothing. So PB sent me replacement opto PCBs. They shipped today and should be here on June 30th, which is awesome! I thought it would take a couple weeks. For now, I stuck a paper towel up in the ball lock ramp to prevent the ball from going in there and the game is STILL fun as hell to play!

Great, and nice to see you're taking this positively !
... and yeah, Cato is a really damn great guy

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just installed the 2.2 update this morning and I notice some pretty big improvements.
Most obvious is that the weak ball launch and ball eject issues seem to be resolved.
Also, I'm not sure yet, but I got Ambush twice and the Alien ate my ball both times. I think there were improvements there for sure. Also, when powering on, the Alien tongue moves faster now so it isn't so loud as before. Previously, I noticed that when the Alien tongue moved during the game, it was fast... just when turning the game on it was slow and loud!
Anyhow, after my experience with this machine so far, I can honestly say it is by far my favorite pinball machine of all time. I do still have a few issues to work out, but despite that, it is soooooooo awesome! I would go as far as to say that I like it better than Funhouse... that is a pretty profound statement considering how much I love Funhouse.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000717055-alien-delta-game-update

Attract mode sounds off is my favorite

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Thank God for that one!
Had to reboot the machine a few times after updating before it sorted itself out (first had no display, then no pf lights, etc). Some nice new options added. There's also an "adjust game" menu that only appears during a game. Not sure if that's new or I just never noticed it before but it's super handy! Every game should have this.
Xeno does seem to be better at grabbing balls now? I'm 3 for 3 on attempts on this new code, before I was getting maybe 1 out of 5. Maybe I'm just lucky this time though.
Looks like they're working on a new version of the standup targets, but won't have info until next month. Mine have been spotty, sometimes working great, sometimes not.
Will play test more and see if the stability has improved at all...

Maybe you you would have done a Factory reset ?
I did it on mine and reboot manually as i was expecting it to do it to finish processing (but i guess i'm too much microsoft brained now :p)

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

...As brado426 indicated that after the upgrade he found the tongue moves faster at startup and isn't as loud

Concerning this, i can tell you that it's something you can't miss if you know your machine !

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Yes. It was packed outside of the game itself. The coin box cover was also wrapped separately.

???
Never heard someone received it before !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackflag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=blackflag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.