IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,135 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Zablon. You are on page 1 of 5.
#4 3 years ago

I have so much alien stuff from over the years, I have lots of things I could make a topper out of so I have some ideas, but honestly, I think it should be a moving alien head or queen head moving back and forth and opening mouth, with flashers on it, and smoke along with the beacons (which I hope are still available).

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

When was the LV supposed to become available for deposits?

They didn't say, only that they think LE's will be in 6 months or so depending on how fast production goes.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yeah Pinball Brothers are getting us confused they call it the LV (Limited Version) but we all know it as LE (Limited Edition) It is strange how they call the Standard SE (Standard Edition) and then change for the LE sorry I mean LV
Anyway who wants to see a poll, what ideas you got?

The whole LV thing is...a play on the theme. LV as in LV-246.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Make 2 or 3.....I will help and be your first buyer. We can get some switches, servos , leds are the easy part.

I was just stating what I thought would be a cool topper. I am not sure I have anything or the skills to make something like that.

If I make my own, it will most likely be stationary and maybe some flashers integrated with the lights.

Who knows though, when I get digging into it, maybe I can come up with something, or at least a prototype someone else could build.

#53 3 years ago

There is the possibility they never get to the LV's....hate to be that guy.....but let's face it....it is definitely a possibility.

#59 3 years ago

I don't like the green at all...doesn't fit the color scheme, too emerald. The blue does, but I still prefer straight up black.

#61 3 years ago

Green all the way.....black is so boring.

If you're going to go green, you gotta go lime green or whatever the color is. I think the original LE's had this color. Granted, I'm not a big fan of powdercoating to begin with, but I do not think the normal metal looks good with this. Thus, black.

41ltBoq45nL._AC_ (resized).jpg41ltBoq45nL._AC_ (resized).jpg

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How much $ are you guys putting down for deposits? Several pinball start ups have burned people on pre-order deposits over the last several years. SkitB, Heighway, DP, Jpop. Crowdfunding a new pinball company has been proven bad business. Best to wait until they are literally boxed and ready to ship. Proceed with caution.

In US, Cointaker is only distro. They are reputable. Deposit is $1000+ ~400 shipping. It is refundable. Overall, very little risk here. It's not being crowdfunded or money to PB prior to shipment.

#69 3 years ago

Since I just found out it doesn't have it....this game needs flashers!!!

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

They've had years to plan this all out and finally get their ducks in a row before starting the teasers and and announcing the standard edition. But yeah anything could happen.
The LV's guarantee 500 more units sold which brings in the extra LV dollars on top of the standard unit price. What reasons would a company have to forfeit that? It would have to be something majorly awry for them to not capture such big sales dollars. I'm pretty sure if they aren't making those LV's down the road then they aren't making Standards then either. That would be heartbreaking!
I recently corresponded with Pinball Brothers about some LV ideas and they assured me they've already thought of most of them because they've been thinking about the LV for 2 years now.
They did say they considered capping the LV run at 426 but they believe it's just not enough games for the demand they're seeing. So probably "at least not more than" 500 like they mentioned in the podcast.

Yeah, I was just saying it could all fall apart before they get to them. Hard to tell at this point, but hopefully it all works out!!

#82 3 years ago

Honestly, not sure why they even need one. If all goes well and they are solid, the pricepoint and game are a set up for a smash success. I think the people waiting for them to be built (kinda like R&M) is going to be painful. If a container is shipped only to find out they all have major issues, that's going to be a problem. I am skeptically optimistic at this point. The refundable deposit is definitely a plus.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The SE seems like a ton of game for $7,800. Do we know if any physical gameplay features will only be on the LE or are both models the same in that regard?

They said gameplay will not change on LV.

#93 3 years ago

Hard to vote on an LV when it isn't known what it includes - especially since gameplay isn't changing. It's not any different than old JJP model really. If it is all cosmetic, it will depend on the person. Unless there is something mindblowingly awesome on it that I can't get on an SE (which they already said much of it you will be able to buy for SE), I don't see the need for most people to want an LV....but again, it's all guessing for now.

I am just hyped I may finally get my hands on one. It really is my top dream theme. It doesn't hurt that it is a decent pin as well.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I completely disagree about it being too emerald.
The green is much darker. The pic is under direct sunlight making it look brighter than it is. It's really a black/green color. Look at the bottom of the apron that's not under light, it's practically black. Totally matches the green from the alien picture you posted above. I have this green metallic flake on my Shadow and it looks great.
The original LE green was a much brighter green that matches cartoon aliens. I think it's the same green as the AFMLE. Too bright for Alien but okay for the goofy AFM aliens. I always thought the original green looked ugly.

I agree with it not looking good. It's TOO much. To each their own though. Black for me if I do anything. Although some aged Nostromo goodness might be cool too.

#105 3 years ago

Maybe it will have Alien 3 and Resurrection mode. Sans Sigourney. LOL. kidding.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Wife & I BOTH loved the Heighway's original one after first playing it at 2016 Expo and regretted not buying every since. So we gave Melissa our deposit an hour after the podcast aired. I'm also a big fan of powder coat and plan on doing something like this one that (depending on viewing angle) can be lime green or yellow (just like the colors in the egg logo).
[quoted image]

I like the idea of that 'pearlized' lime/yellow. It is more of what I had in mind, but wasn't sure what it was called.

#114 3 years ago

I would say it is early proto but pretty much how it is going to look. I do think the turret gun stuff should be like the 3 rows lights below it...dark rather than bright white, but I'll take what i can get.

#125 3 years ago

Yea this machine of any machine isn't one to chrome out.

#133 3 years ago

Soo....wtf? Does that mean it will be black on LV? Kind of an ambiguous statement. Honestly, makes zero sense unless they plan on selling 'alternate' trim to make money.

#142 3 years ago

Mine will be around this

1226201913a (resized).jpg1226201913a (resized).jpg
#144 3 years ago

So the the modders out there? Has anyone made egg pincups? Seems like a gimme.

egg (resized).JPGegg (resized).JPG
#152 3 years ago

They are in the 'oh shit ppl ordered it, now we have to produce something' phase.

#166 3 years ago

How big is that?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

First one is best. Aliens was like some nerdy 15 year old wrote the script. Nobody talks like those army guys. The dialogue was so over the top and stupid. That stupid army woman running around with the biggest gun or was it a flamethrower, can't remember, was ridiculous too.

Um...I disagree. Have you ever been in the military, especially back then? It was tame compared to what really gets said. Also, those guns were on supports - you know..future stuff.

That being said, I love both movies. I pretty much can't watch one without watching the other.

#180 3 years ago

I actually like them all in their own way. I tend to like Resurrection more than 3. They are all so drastically different from each other that they are almost each in their own genre. It isn't a common thing among sequels.

Alien: Horror
Aliens: Action
Alien 3: Drama
Alien 4: Comedy Actually, I'm not sure how to classify this one, but it definitely has a completely different feel than the others.

#184 3 years ago

Hope his fits the new ones coming and I am in.

There are no more.

#187 3 years ago

How would you mod all that?? looks cool.

I'm going to try to work on a strobe mod. After seeing MK6PIN's it's a crime this game doesn't come with them. That link was more of a joke but in reality that would be pretty plug and play. All the strobes hook to the base system, and you just trigger it via power. However I think it would need it's own power supply, and a way to trigger when you want it on in the game. Also, this could be way too bright.

So in reality, I'm looking at low watt 1watt 5v strobes, but I'm not really clear on how bright is bright and how much wattage affects it. Without knowing enough about the new game, but assuming many things will be similar the question becomes how can you get the desired effect without taxing the system (as with all mods). Of course, integration also becomes a problem which we won't know until they are released.

I'm sure someone here with more electrical knowledge will have better ideas.

I actually wish they'd just add them to them at a cost.

#199 3 years ago

LOL. It's Haggis all over again

1 week later
#229 3 years ago

Not nervous, just anxious.

#234 3 years ago

If it helps, I didn't vote, as I'm sure many people didn't.

#255 3 years ago

A real Xenomorph. PB's other company is genetic research.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

It's a new machine, different aspects to it, new manufacturer, new company behind it...you make it sound like it's the EXACT same machine from the same company. I don't get why so many people try to make excuses for these companies. It's NOT NORMAL for a company to ask you to pay $10,000 for a machine that they don't even show you publicly. Not normal, folks. If you're cool with it, good for you, but I ain't.

I would imagine when they start shipping we'll see video. Much of the confusion is that the interview led some to believe that games had already been built and shipped back in December. Once they get production ramped up they are going to want more orders, and I think a bunch of people are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see how this goes.

I have no problem waiting for them to get the kinks worked out.

#278 3 years ago

I guarantee you he wasn't talking about 'this' machine.

#289 3 years ago

I've been holding off until we know it is actually coming. I already have too much Alien stuff and had stopped buying years ago.

There's too many unknowns and too many ideas, I will be waiting until I have one in hand before buying too much for toppers/etc.

#296 3 years ago

Show us your goodies?? if you want to reduce some of it I could be a buyer...

Eh, most of my stuff is boxed away. I don't think I have anything outstanding like I've seen posted around. Most of my stuff is smaller. I have a bunch of NECO and Paladin busts over the years, but I went through them and none of them really work for this I think.

#300 3 years ago

It is awesome, but unless you have really tall ceilings it's taking up pinball room!!

#315 3 years ago

She sure looks purty. In small doses.

#316 3 years ago

Went through a few things I have. I think I will probably go with the queen or the smaller warrior. The big hive one is too tall and narrow.
0129212004a (resized).jpg0129212004a (resized).jpg0129212010b (resized).jpg0129212010b (resized).jpg0129212017 (resized).jpg0129212017 (resized).jpg

0129212021 (resized).jpg0129212021 (resized).jpg

#319 3 years ago

Scratch everything I said. I just came up with an awesome topper idea. Now....to make it reality.

#320 3 years ago

I still..have no idea what they are showing us...

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

you would loss that bet, it definentely was
pb bro,s alien game

He saw an actual video of THIS game, that no one else has seen? Another 'hehe I know something you don't know'? Unless you have proof of said video, which you didn't provide, there is no reason to believe this.

#334 3 years ago

Awesome!

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

No sir, I have the best topper for this u could possibly ever have. No topper at all.

Not even a lifesize facehugger jumping toward you from the backbox?

#349 3 years ago

Yeah those minis are so cool. I had to really convince myself not to buy any. lol.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

What would you all guess for the turnaround time between when we pay Cointaker in full and take delivery on games from this first batch( I'm 7)? I heard Lebowski listers have waited 2-4 months after paying but I think thats due to years of bottlenecking on that list. Let me know what you guys think. Thx
J

I was joking in the other thread, but realistically, it seems like they won't be asking for the rest of the money until they are at the distro, so turnaround should be quick -- WHEN -- they actually get shoreside. The question really is how long it is going to take them to get built and shipped overseas.

#360 3 years ago

Yeah, likewise with me, just got R&M in so having a blast with that while I finish the house remodel and figure out where the Alien is going. My wife wants me to take one room and make it space themed and put Alien, Time Machine, R&M, and Space Station in it. With galaxy lights etc. Not sure yet as I'd rather just have them all lined up together in one room - but it's cool she's on board, AND at the same time asking why I haven't bought a MMr yet. lol.

#363 3 years ago

Yeah they have them on ebay. IIRC though they are really small. I might be wrong.

#366 3 years ago

So did the drop ship fall in the ocean? Are they feeding Melissa lies? I mean...wtf? This is the kind of BS I can't stand from companies. Beginning to sound more like another company who didn't learn their lesson and bit off more than they can chew. I mean, I'm all for taking your time, but quit saying things on timelines if you don't intend to keep them and don't give updates when it is way passed them.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I ordered a fridge in October for my new place w/ a 2 week window for delivery. Latest estimate from GE was "maybe sometime in April". Luckily my garage works OK for now since it's pretty dang cold here.
GE is a HUGE company and that was the best they could tell me. Imagine being a couple dudes from Sweden LOL.
Supply and delivery chains are beyond hosed right now and there's nothing that can really be done about it unfortunately.

I get what you are saying, but they didn't tell you 'hey we shipped a couple 2 weeks ago' and then a month goes by and nothing.

#379 3 years ago

Well it is something I guess. Odd that they did a bunch of fast cuts, rather than just showing the game going. We are well beyond the 'teaser' phase...

#381 3 years ago

Looks like they chromed everything out? Scoop, etc. And is it just a trick of the camera, or does the back box screen seem bigger than the proto pics?

#419 3 years ago

If you have a pre-order in, then you have the right to say what you want in this thread. Good or bad. PB isn't doing themselves any favors by releasing teasers here and there 3 months after the fact.

If they are making the game better, I'm all for them taking their time. The complaints come from their statements in the podcast where they made it sound like everything was pretty much ready then. Now....most of us realized that probably wasn't the case and my pessimism saves me all the time in these regards. I'm a patient person, but I do not like being lied to. I'd rather you tell me the 'bad' news, than continue to put false promises out --- or in this case radio silence. I find it very strange that they keep putting out teasers for what was supposedly a finished product 2 months ago and has been for sale as long. The people who don't understand why people want to see a video..I don't even know what to say to you. It isn't so we can see the gameplay. It's so we can see there is even a product at all.

The only reason I'm even remotely positive about this at this time is because we shouldn't lose money if it falls though. I like what they've shown so far, but what they've shown is practically nothing in the grand scheme of things. If they'd said in December, or even January that they were not as far along as they thought, and it was going to be a few more months, then I would be less negative. That's not what is happening. They keep putting out teasers trying to...promote hype? I'm not even sure what their goal is at this point. I guess maybe they don't have a marketing/PR person.

#425 3 years ago

I will say I feel sorry for CT lol. All the people calling them constantly for no real reason. Even if CT gets those 2....we still don't know when/if they'll stay around long enough to get the orders completed. It's all a guessing game at this point.

#443 3 years ago

Always funny to see peoples amazingly adult contributions to a thread consisting of whining about people whining and telling others how childish they are and that they aren't going to read the thread anymore until it's more positive *footstomp* That's some amazingly adult content. It's in nearly every thread. I think the ONLY thread that doesn't have negativity is the Game Room thread.

2 weeks later
#469 3 years ago

I'd prefer Galaxy Quest over AvP but I don't see it happening. Alan Rickman callouts would have been hilarious.

#481 3 years ago

How about wait until the game is actually shipping before jumping to conclusions. NOthing has been stated regarding any support for the old machine or not.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Why do people pull crap out of thin air? Don't talk about what you don't know.[quoted image]

Tell the guy throwing a tantrum about it not happening.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Whats up people. Just heard the first batch of Machines just arrived in Pennsylvania. I am in for an LV. I wonder how much longer we have to wait for those.

Where did you hear this?

#493 3 years ago

faaaake news.

#498 3 years ago

How are WE supposed to answer your question. We don't even know when SE's will be shipped. YOU supposedly know more than any of us do...smh... however why would there be any in Pen if Cointaker is the only US company doing distro and they haven't got them? Unless you actually know something, this is more speculative crap. In this case I'd even say hard to really go by what CT says either, as they've been wrong..multiple times apparently. You know..the 4 other times they were supposed to get the games.

ask PB. They are the only ones who know.

#501 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Critical reading is important. I never said I know more than any of you. Next...

You can be dismissive if you want, but it doesn't change anything I stated. But in the end it doesn't matter, they'll get here when they get here.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:YOU supposedly know more than any of us do

Quoted from tk375:

Critical reading is important. I never said I know more than any of you. Next...

Yes, indeed critical reading is important. I never said you said you do. I wasn't the one that came in here with claims that no one else was aware of. Are we done yet?

#506 3 years ago

It's all good, we all just want our damn Alien!

1 week later
#530 3 years ago

Well the first batch was 35. There was no number set on the 2nd batch.

I have a feeling the whole 'batch' thing has went out the window though.

1 week later
#542 3 years ago

Awakening is supposedly happening, but I really really do not expect much from it.

I am more interested in the TV show they are pitching. The format allows them to subvert ratings expectations and have more room to breathe for a storyline. It would be very interesting if it was the pitched Alien 5 more or less with a return of Ripley, but I highly doubt that either.

3 weeks later
#558 3 years ago

I've offically up moving my peg from cautiously optimistic to cautiously excited!

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

thanks to Manny65 for posting this reply to the issues that RETROCENGO had with his Alien
"PB posted a reply on RETROCENGO Youtube clip "We think that the bass cable and the right loudspeaker cable might be switched. The sound should be pretty good - especially with the fat bass speaker you have in the cabinet’s bottom And as an advanced tip: remove the backglass and find the bass boost knob below the screen, left of the speaker cables..."
David Thiel also commented "I finally watched the entire video. couple things.... looking at the cabinet speaker, that is a good looking driver and should be able to deliver good bass. Having talked with the Pinball Brothers I know that they have a commitment to audio so this is a big surprise. I suspect that it is an assembly problem with switched wires.... Hopefully soon , I will be able to hear a PB Alien in the Northwest so I can evaluate it. The PB audio system was designed to kick ass better than the original. If it is not, there is a problem."
Hopefully a simple fix and can't wait to check out one in person"
Guys let's keep this thread going as we've all been patient waiting for games and now that they're shipping our patience is paying off. No need to jump ship and start a whole "New" thread, just so the same things can be said again.
Peace!

You're like 2 days late on that info. I think most of us in the other thread already knew this.

To be fair, I prefer more activity in the other thread at least until more people actually HAVE the game in hand so that as many people as possible will know whats going on so they may purchase one. So much grey information, even his video, which he has yet to update(?) regarding the sound that will turn people off more than they already were.

#570 2 years ago

So wait, they want you to pay BEFORE it sinks in the middle of the Atlantic?

I wonder how many they are sending? I have not heard anything yet.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

a new in box stern is $8000 Canadian dollars. The standard edition Alien will be just over $10000 Canadian dollars.. damn, that's a big jump in price. definitely waiting to see a few hundred shipped but it's going to be a tough decision if they succeed getting these out! Theme alone I would want Alien before any recent stern! $2000 could put a nice deposit down on another pin tho! (or a topper )

I do not think you can compare a Stern Pro to SV Alien. There is a TON more in the Alien. I look at quality over quantity at these prices. It doesn't hurt that this is also my dream theme. Granted, different likes for different tykes. I told myself no more NiB games...and yet I've bought 2 in the last year sigh... I really do think LV price will increase at announcement because of all the changes in the world since the initial reveal. I am happy PB did not raise the SV price point. If they manage to knock this out, huge kudos.

I am really hoping Spooky's next pin is not Evil Dead. That is about the only theme I think I could not say no to right now.

#602 2 years ago

If that's what is currently on the line one of those is mine!

#624 2 years ago

Can't you just mylar over those spots? Cliffy's seem a bit extreme for magnets.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Looks like the first shipment of 4 units finally arrived at Cointaker and are being trucked onwards. I just got a shipment email. It is finally happening!

Awesome. Hope everyone is ready to post unpacking / gameplay videos!

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - from my experience, these are the beacons that work perfect. They did on the OG and apparently were the stock used by HW pinball (although I can’t say for certain). What I can say for certain is that they worked on OG and hopefully they do here too
4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral ABS 10W 12VDC-220VAC
ebay.com link: itm
Great to hear about the 4 arriving. Look forward to hearing and seeing more.

12V? We don't really know what voltage we are going to need for this since we don't know what we'll be connecting to is the issue I see.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

On the original ALIEN the Beacon power was reduced to ~7 Volt PWM-current.
That was decided to reduce the noise from gear driven version.
In the meantime belt driven versions were available but I never got a pair... but I got new beacons with a screw cap I use now.
This version is much better for maintenance and it use 12 Volt LED with less power consumption.
Order this version: ebay.com link: itm

FYI for those of us in the states:

Shipping:
Does not ship to United States

#665 2 years ago

Yes, it was posted 2 pages back. All the info is there.

#675 2 years ago

That jaw design still looks poor. Almost think rather than a switch it should use a hook and latch/loop with a switch placed completely behind/off the alien head. I won't know for sure until I see one in person though.

#679 2 years ago

Why is it still in the box? Come on slowpoke!

#705 2 years ago

Here are some comments on my Day 1 w/ Alien SV.

Interesting about the display. I had thought it looked bigger than Stern or R&M as well. Nice to hear it is a good quality.

#729 2 years ago

If it isn't 426, they failed.

#757 2 years ago

Wait...they used micro switches on the targets?? That just sounds like a bad idea...but..I suppose since they are 'behind' and never directly hit maybe it is fine? does anyone else do that?

#773 2 years ago

Ready.

0510211112a~2 (resized).jpg0510211112a~2 (resized).jpg
#776 2 years ago

I can't say I've ever had to replace any micro switches on any of my old machines, ever, aside from one that was completely missing on a Xenon. These were routed games as well.

The only game to really even give me issues with the switches is R&M.

*knocks on wood*

So who knows...but I will say that Xeno switch needs addressed ( which it sounds like they are working on?).

#806 2 years ago

I realize I'm no pinball engineer, and there's lots of parts to a machine, but wouldn't one assume that they would have tested the game enough to see things like what is mentioned here? I realize maybe not 100% of the code, but switches at the very least.

#843 2 years ago

It would actually be nice to know where we are in line so I could plan. I was in the first list, but I've yet to hear a thing. Pretty sure 'that' much of the last half of that list got pushed back in favor of other people.

I'm not in any hurry, but I'd like to know if I should expect it in the next month or so, or not until dead of winter/next year.

#856 2 years ago

So no one ever attempted to fix this with a bigger magnet or anything on the OG?

#858 2 years ago

Curious, can the brand/type of ball make a difference too? I know there's a fine line between ones that are magnetic and too magnetic, but would stronger magnetic balls help?

#863 2 years ago

Well hopefully they get it figured out. Seems like yet another thing that you would have thought was already re-engineered on this release.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Received a tracking document from Melissa at CT. Looks like the container is suppose to arrive in the NYC port on June 7th. Hell yeah!

Are they shipping them straight from there or going to CT first?

#877 2 years ago

Wonder how many games they shipped. It wasn't the whole first quarter batch.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Do we know how many people fell into each batch?

The number on CT was 35 for the first batch. I was 34 and have not been contacted yet.

#889 2 years ago

I have a guess on a feature that will NOT be in the LV: A playfield screen. If you think they'd go to the trouble of redesigning the playfield and light boards to simplify manufacturing, and then go and make two different versions? I don't see that happening. The Super Awesome podcast reveal from last December should have convinced everybody of this, but there are still doubters.

Well there's still people who think RAZA is going to ship...so..I guess people need dreams.

#894 2 years ago

What a mess that has been...almost 2 years ago I saw it and played it in Houston...
I dont need a PF screen. I can think of 5-6 other items to justify the 2k more..
This was a dream pin for many and that came true...LOL.
Hoping my other dream pin comes true-----The one who guesses it right get's a steak dinner at TPF.. Let's roll.

If it's not Evil Dead I have to write you out of the will.

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Thank youRed Devils. Makes it more fun waiting on the boat. I don't understand why Mellisa can't tell at least tell us when the container is supposed to be delivered. Very disappointed in Cointaker so far.

She can't tell you because everything is backed up. Ain't no one can tell you that but the cap'n.

#924 2 years ago

Dug out my key chain...

0524212101 (resized).jpg0524212101 (resized).jpg
#927 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Red Devil found out the delivery date, why can't she?

Every date she's given has been missed. I wouldn't give you a date either. FFS.

#935 2 years ago

So, I just got my invoice - shipping June 8th. There's only 1 more that was supposed to be on the first shipment. I'm a bit confused by this...

#940 2 years ago

The first boat hasn't left yet. My guess is since it is behind, maybe they are loading up more than anticipated.

#950 2 years ago

Looks exactly the same to me...I doubt they've had enough time to make any actual changes....if they are even going to. They most likely just sent you a replacement for now.

#952 2 years ago

Those microswitches are awful...bad bad design choice. At least they are replaceable (solder in/out).

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or just positioned badly. We shall see.

I mean those are very subject to smashing. Are these the same ones they used on the OG? How have they held up? I use these all the time for things, and they wear out quite a bit. I can't imagine they hold up to the sharp hits of a pinball even though it isn't direct.

#979 2 years ago

Curious have they released any software updates? And if so, were they at all compatible with the OG's?

#1009 2 years ago

I was surprised to read that container ships generally take 1 week to cross. I always thought it was much longer than that.

#1023 2 years ago

So stronk even Alien jaw cannot dimple!

#1049 2 years ago

I'm curious about how many of these new ones have sold so far and how many are just waiting for LV info. Hoping they sell the crap out of these.

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:Hi,
Just a quick post for the definitive Targets Fix.
Here's my PB ALIEN converted with White Water Targets
3 Green + 2 Orange Targets
5 connectors JST PH2 (to keep original cables unmodified)
And ... voilà [quoted image][quoted image]

Is that engineer model the one from Wish?

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Have you ever bought a brand new pinball machine before? There is ALWAYS something to fix on a brand new game from any manufacturer. If you're expecting everything to be absolutely perfect on your brand new game, owning a pinball machine is probably not for you.

To his point though, this one kind of does have a lot to prove...and we already know there are some questionable design choices that probably should have been changed from the OG. Much of the reason I avoided buying an OG.

What I think does need to be called out is that what Blackflag is talking about isn't a necessary change, it is something that he is experimenting with to make the targets more stable. At the end of the day, I question how reliable these target switches are going to be as well. I can definitely see how some of these things might put people off if they don't want to mess with it.

#1071 2 years ago

Awesome...

so, where did the number 22 come from? Are we positive 22 are on this ship? Are we positive there's a 2nd ship slated to leave soon and how many games are on it?

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

New shots. Factory support. Cabinet that lines up better with my other games. Physical ball lock. I wont miss the screen much because I'm dont really keep track of ammo and weapons(I just flail around and try to complete modes) and I prefer to watch the awesome cut scenes on the large back box monitor. That large monitor on the back box(which was an option, it came standard with no monitor at all) is one of the most striking features of the original. I'm most concerned about not liking the smaller back box monitor on the remake. I'm withholding my final decision on which to sell until I get a chance to check out my remake.
I appreciate the curiosity. Let me know if you want to drive out and see it in person. I can help you load it up

I feel like the back box monitor would be one of the easiest things to modify - except that not many people make square displays these days. I bought a 28" inch one back in 2012 for a virtual pin, but resolution on that is only 1080p and obviously not new fangled display tech. So on that note, not sure. I wonder who JJP sources for their giant displays.

#1110 2 years ago

I mean...I have so many different vendors from different times, that is normal.

HH and Xenon specifically do not match anything else. Always have to put HH on an end.

#1116 2 years ago

Haha, I still have the pallet from my R&M if I need to send it to them to ship mine!

#1132 2 years ago

So you're saying we could really use deeproot's new pinball shipping technology to get these out!

#1138 2 years ago

Just thought about that...my first import.

#1151 2 years ago

More concerned about the blowing fuses. Any idea what is causing them and if it is something that can actually be 'fixed'?

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I was thinking it may be related to time but it happened during a short game off stream, both times during Ambush MB. Nothing too crazy though and not frequent. I will let PB know.

I may be wrong, but isn't there a point in Ambush MB that the flippers cut out on purpose?

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure of PB version, but flippers stay engaged throughout entire Ambush mode in Heighway machine....

Okay must just be the lights go out.

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This is starting to look like a sh** show. Can’t imagine these games not tested before hand. Glad I waited on grabbing what I am sure will eventually be a great pin

so far, doesn't seem any worse than practically every other pin launch the last 3-4 years. The + is that these guys are still working out the kinks.

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Love ur passion but come on man.

Oh don't think I'm blind. I'm certainly not an apologist. I'm not afraid to bitch about what is wrong. I have concerns about certain design decisions, but so far, nothing that scares me out of it. Seems more stable than OG at this point. I have an R&M which is probably the most I've ever had to work on a game to get it up to speed. That being said, there's plenty of bitch threads about most of the makers, aside from probably CGC (which by the way, my game from them is still rock solid, never had to do anything to it).

#1191 2 years ago

We have any news on the 2nd shipment? Did it leave yet?

#1201 2 years ago

Is that a solid block of wood in the backbox supporting the speakers/monitor??

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Looks like several layers of MDF. Doubles as a mount for display and speakers. That would add some weight though. Cool!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, that adds some weight. Stable I'm sure, but you'd think there was lighter material that could be used.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

MDF is the best material for speaker boxes, my assumption is that's why they chose that material and from what I understand it sounds great ...
Hopefully I will know soon, still waiting for tracking info ....

OHHHh, very good point, I hadn't considered that...wonder if that means they are hollow areas behind the speakers then to increase bass response. At first it looked like it went completely around the back, but I see there is a gap behind the display.

#1251 2 years ago

question: anyone know if replacement parts are being stocked locally? Just curious what opening tickets for hardware turnaround is?

#1273 2 years ago

you bastards with your TWO aliens...

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well they aren't magnetized I just tested them with a paper clip and they're the exact same diameter. So I'm at a loss I don't have a scale to weigh them, maybe European balls are heavier than US balls
delt31 These are opposite the ones that came with the game are shiny and the others are dull.

Does the game have normal trough switches or are they magnetic?

Also curious for OG ppl what balls they replace with eventually? R&M is my only game with a magnet and I know there were certain balls you could use, and certain ones you couldn't.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Got mine set up yesterday. Arrived with no issues from shipping.
After opening it I found that the legs were just sorta lying on top of the front of the cabinet in the box, not secured to anything, which doesn't seem like a good idea. The legs were individually wrapped, but after taking them out of the wrap, they all had major gashes in them. They don't even seem to have a finish or anything either, just raw metal. Probably the worst looking legs I've ever seen on a pinball machine.
Rest of the game looked good, got it set up.
There's no holes for head bolts of any type, just a WPC style latch on the back, which is concerning.
Left speaker makes a buzzing sound at certain frequencies, other two speakers sound great.
The back box lock location is really ugly, not sure why they couldn't just put it on top like a normal machine. Translite doesn't have lift trim, and is really hard to get out.
Lockdown bar uses clasps like Sterns, which is nice, however these aren't designed well. They hit the playfield support rests when the playfield is down, so you can't easily lock the lockdown bar down without forcibly bending them past and lifting the playfield up slightly. The lockdown bar also doesn't actually seem to hold the playfield down (sort of its main job!). Instead, there's two little thumb screws to anchor the playfield into the cabinet. Seems fine to keep those out besides when moving the game, but I'm sure I'll forget them or lose them at some point.
The flipper cap switches were really sensitive at first. I looked at them and found that the blade wasn't touching the tensioner, just floating there. Once I adjusted it to have some pressure they worked good. But they're not dual stacked! No way to stage the upper flippers, which is a major downer. My Alice Cooper was the same way. I don't understand how manufacturers think this is acceptable.
Tilt bob had fallen off during shipment and was rolling around the back of the cab. It's not a standard tilt bob. It's only about half the diameter, and is threaded so you adjust the height by spinning the whole bob. No set screw or anything that I could find so I'm sure it'll vibrate back off again. Why did they reinvent the tilt bob??
On first boot, the main screen went black once it got to attract mode. Rebooting fixed the issue. Seems to happen maybe 1/5 times I turn the game on. Other than that, I was able to start and play a game fine.
Also, on every boot, the xeno does a calibration test, but the tongue goes super slow, while making a loud grinding sound. Seems to work fine in game though, not sure what the issue is.
My left spinner got stuck the first time I hit it. Turns out it was misadjusted from the factory, microswitch needed to be tilted down more as the leaf was hitting it and preventing the spinner from making a full rotation. Not hard to fix, except: all the screws are gd torx bits! Not only that, they're not magnetic! I don't even know how you manage to find non-magnetic screws.... What should have been a 10 second job instead involved multiple rounds of dropping screws into the machine, fishing them back out again, etc.
While playing I noticed that the flippers were occasionally sticking. After investigating, I found that the flipper cranks were installed too low on the flipper bat shafts, so they were dragging slightly on the coil sleeves when the playfield was down. I needed to move them all up a bit to fix it. However, now the cranks are almost dragging on the bushings instead. There's just a hair's width clearance where it still works. I assume some tolerances are off on their flipper mechs, since they decided to for some reason manually redesign the williams flipper mechs rather than just use regular ones. Stupid.
I also found out that pop bumpers have the same problem as the cab switches with the tensioners. I adjusted the switch so the lower blade presses against the spoon, and then pushed the upper blade down close to it with the tensioner, and now the pops have much better action.
Left eject hole is super messy. The ball goes all over the place once it's kicked out. Someone posted a fix in a thread earlier, will have to track it down. Again, the mech is not well designed. Not sure why they couldn't just use a standard eject mechanism.
After that, was able to get some games in fine. Playfield looks amazing, although it's already showing a few dimples. No pooling or planking like my sterns have had. Standup switches have all been working ok so far, although I wish I could up the sensitivity of the one at the back of the lane going into the pops, since that's such a hard shot to hit to begin with. Wish there was a one way gate there or something so balls couldn't miss the target and go into the pops when you make the shot. I may try to mod one in, or replace that standup with a normal once since it's not lit.
Flippers feel a bit weak, even at max strength. Seems to be a common issue with smaller manufacturers besides Stern/CCG.
I also found that the trough eject coil was coming loose. One of the two screws was missing completely, and the other was loose+stripped. They seem to also be metric. I'll have to stock up on metric screws next time I'm at the hardware store.
Ran into a few software issues. One time I got a tilt warning right as I activated the revive in the outlane, and then the game seemed to get confused, and didn't give me my ball back or end the ball. A few other times the revive didn't give me my ball back and the ball just ended. Occasionally it launches a second ball after I plunge, but I can just drain it and the game continues on okay. No issues with the game crashing or anything though like other people have reported, so those seem like simple issues that can be fixed in software.
My one big concern so far: one time, I drained my ball, and the ball didn't end. I checked the trough, but all the balls were in their proper positions, and the status leds showed that the optos were all working properly. I went into switch test, and pretty much all the switches on the lower half of my playfield had stopped working. Tried wiggling cables on the boards under the playfield, etc, but nothing helped, so I was forced to reboot it. Hopefully this is just a bug in the firmware or something and not a sign of more connector issues down the road.

Of all the reports, this is the first one that has me going...we just got our asses kicked..in a bad way. Lots to digest here.

#1310 2 years ago

new pinball prices:

7777+shipping+pallet.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Another thing I am experiencing is that my Xeno magnet has not caught the ball once at the start of ambush so it can eat the ball. I think they positioned the magnet too far away from the targets. Any suggestions there. Really takes away from that huge feature if it’s not gonna work reliably or even at all.

did you test this with the glass off?

#1352 2 years ago

It's a little late in the pinball game to demand perfection at this point. People have been giving companies too much leeway in terms of quality for the price for too long. This game is actually cheap comparatively considering what you get. This is where I am torn.

I am not really clear on what issues 'we' can fix versus code, versus what is still poor design and probably will never get fixed.

For example - the xeno jaw grind...is that normal? Is it still a bad design that is going to work a few months until it just stops working?
Why is the magnet there still an issue? Surely they already knew both of these were issues on the OG so why are they STILL a problem?

As for the switches - I don't see that getting fixed any time soon if at all which means owners are going to still need to 'rebuild' these better at some point. If it was it would have gotten fixed on the first shipment?? Or at the very least some announcement that they would be changing them. Instead...still the same design that doesn't work any better.

I am not concerned about the solder issues - these things are being shipped from overseas - some games can't even make it down the block before losing a connection.

Small things like the speakers being reversed is not concerning, but it does point to there are no checks on games prior to shipping. This may be a learning curve thing (we saw it with Spooky) where better QA is needed off the line, but having worked in factories doing final tests, it is bothersome that this seems to be a recurring theme in pinball manufacturing which should just be a given. Make sure the thing works before boxing it up. You don't need to ram a ball around in it, but at least finger the switches, and check general functionality. You are only making 5-20 of these a day....

sorry for the wall of text

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

For the price these games should be perfect, but this is pinball. You could get a nib full featured game for ~3800 or so when I started, now it’s closer to 8k
Half the fun for me is tinkering so my tolerance for imperfection is high, but even if others don’t like fixing my guess is he also has high tolerance… especially since the game is incredible.

the better the game, the higher the tolerance I've found. I even said this about R&M. If the game hadn't been so damn good, I would have sold it long ago since it needed so much work out of the box. It is still annoying considering the cost of these damn things. Fortunately, *knocks on wood* I've been pretty fortunate so far.

Also, keep in mind, not all games come off the line the same(although they should). What we mostly see here are a few pinside addicts, and those with issues. Many who aren't on pinside, or aren't having issues, we never hear from.

I am not even sure how many are actually delivered at this point.

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

In case anyone is having issues with sticky flippers on their game, I made a tutorial showing how I fixed this issue. I checked the bushing / flipper bat gap, the coil sleeves, and coil alignment prior to doing this. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Thanks for this.

#1375 2 years ago

Is replacing the targets a fix..or just a bandaid? Seems that if htey are replacing them with the same exact parts, it's not going to work for long..if at all.

N/M: didn't realize the post was FROM PB Bros when I posted. Good news.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I feel the same way. Don’t they check switches and coils in test mode and see how it actually plays? There should be a checklist of tests before it’s boxed up.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but as I posted above, that apparently isn't a thing in pinball land...if it is, all these companies are extremely bad at it. They aren't pushing out 1000's a day, there's really no reason to not do a functional test on every single game off the line. No need to go through all the wiring, just have a check list of things to check - does it come on, switches, coils, speakers, display to name a few. If any of that stuff isn't working, it isn't ready to box.

#1383 2 years ago

Doesn't matter what game thread it is, there's always that ONE guy...

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That link to the target issue is a little difficult to understand.
Are they saying that the fix they instituted is just temporary? There’s a total redesign on the way?

That's what I got from it, a v3...

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

FedEx my favorite shipper …. Not! Machine was supposed to be delivered today, it was 2 hours away in upstate NewYork , now it’s in friggin Arkansas [quoted image]

Give it a break man! It just wanted to see the world before it got trapped in your basement!

#1404 2 years ago

Wonder how much it costs to ship these things overseas...I assume they get some sort of bulk cost, but it's gotta be over 500 each doesn't it?

Good to hear about the update. Keep them coming.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Updated the code last night. Played one game and it worked fine. After the game ended it stuck in attract mode. No switch's worked. Could not press start, coin mechs stopped working, service buttons stopped working. I power cycled the game and got the I/O board not found error. Continued to get the error for the next couple hours of trying to start the game until I gave up. At this point it won't boot and is therefore unplayable.
Hard to say if it is related to the update or not. Earlier in the day we were fairly busy and it was getting a lot of play. We would have to shut it off and reboot several times. Each time it took more tries to get past the "I/O not found" screen.
For those that do not have theirs yet: If this screen comes up, it will continue to boot the game and sometimes looks like everything is fine. But no buttons or switches work. Its just locked up. Other times you will have either no screen, or no insert lamps, or neither. The PB website says its a known issue to be resolved in the next update. We are to power cycle the game to resolve the issue until then.
I was assuming this new update would resolve it, but it definitely didn't. Still waiting to hear back from PB.

So, you have no recovery from this? That's a hell of a 'code issue' if so.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Just waiting to find out. But I can't say its a code update issue. Its possible it could be a coincidence. I was just reporting here to let others know and to see if anyone else had the issue, resolution, etc.

Gotcha.

#1431 2 years ago

Did they ever get pallets? Doesn't matter when the games get here if they aren't going to ship them out. lol.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is anyone's game working 100% OOB?

Someone in the other thread claims theirs is working fine...but I don't know if they had any issues at all or if they have an OG...

#1462 2 years ago

I got these cool little things to see if i could find somewhere on the game to put them but they are glass...

0701211443 (resized).jpg0701211443 (resized).jpg

#1478 2 years ago

I was going to cancel my deposit for the LV and roll it into GODZILLA , but after seeing what you have posed I am staying onboard in the first round when they get made/shipped.
Sad I gotta let 2 babies go.....

LOL...I was actually in the middle of debating typing this. I'm the opposite. The more this goes on, and the more I look at other threads, I am thinking about cancelling.

I realized I would not accept this from ANY other industry. NONE. As hobbyists, we've basically put ourselves in this mindset that 'we' are lucky they are being made, when it really should be the other way around. 'They' should feel lucky we want to buy them. But in talking in another thread regarding opinions, I realized, I wouldn't put up with this in any other hobby. They would fix or replace or refund said item quickly. I realize we can say 'niche' but since it is niche it should be QUALITY out the door if they want to sell them.

That is not what we are getting from these companies. They've got us wrapped around their fingers and they know it, so they don't have to put quality out the door. It's pretty infuriating to be honest. They don't have to respond, they don't have to update code if they choose not to, they sure as hell don't have to offer any kind of refunds or discounts. They can completely ignore the issue and nothing happens. The 'it's pinball' so expect has morphed from used games with things that need fixed/tweaked to full on, don't expect a working game out of the box. That is completely crazy.

but at the same time...I am a pinball addict...so....who knows. I know companies like Spooky are listening, and it sounds like PB are as well, but when they can't get them out fast enough, where is the incentive to really improve?

Just had to get that off my chest.

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anybody receiving updates on getting their machines? Any new delivers? Seems like a quiet thread for such a cool machine.

Still not a lot of them in hands yet.

#1573 2 years ago

Do we even know if shipment 1 were all shipped from Cointaker yet?

#1583 2 years ago

I just want to know who 'we' is...

#1615 2 years ago

Lots of people saying it is grinding....that is very concerning (at least not having seen it). Grinding usually indicates things not fitting together properly. Does it need lube? Is it metal on metal or plastic on plastic? etc. Or..is the noise everyone is talking about the motor noise?

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It's not as loud in test mode after the update.
Is there a way to strengthen the magnet under the xeno? I don't get many grabs at mb start unless it's an indirect shot. My OKT next to it looks like it has the same size magnet on the playfield and those will stop a bullet in its tracks.

Would have thought some engineer out there would have figured this out by now. Is it a voltage issue or not enough winding? Just not big enough in general?

#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

UPDATE:
From my earlier post regarding the "issues" I was having with the game.
1: I received the new Version 2 of the "skinny" targets from pinball Brothers and I still went ahead and sanded the edge as shown in the earlier post. (see pic) because they still appeared that they could get suck closed with a hard enough shot. I installed them and they've been working without any problems now.
2: I also received the coin box, which was missing in the game in another package from Cato.
3: I got a new Alien Playfield Board 6 to fix the issue with the right ramp opto not working and I'm happy to report that replacing the board fixed that issue.
So as of right now my game is playing without any issues whatsoever. i had no doubt that Pinball Brothers would make everything ok, Cato in support has been nothing short of incredible. The last thing that is on Cato's radar is to tweak the software so that the Xeno catching the ball is more consistent. Adding foam behind the targets didn't help me much as I'm convinced it's a timing issue in the software. I'm confident that they will get this done.
This game is so addicting and immersive and I'm loving it!
Red Devils out...
[quoted image]

How many switches are we talking about?

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So after reading through the "original" Alien thread while waiting for this one. I really liked the motion tracker mod. So I got in touch with the guy who made them originally and asked if he would be willing to revise the mod to work on the PB Alien, he said he would. So I'm happy to show you the fruits of his labor, here's a couple of pics of the motion tracker mod installed on my PB Alien. It's fantastic as anybody who has it installed on their original will tell you. If you are interested in getting one for your machine contact Vimtoman via PM for pricing and availability. He's a great guy to work with!
Sorry for the crappy pics they really don't do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

#1654 2 years ago

Ditto.

#1675 2 years ago

Word was there were shipping container shortages. Problem is, that doesn't really tell us if the next set of games are already boxed up (which they probably have been) and/or sitting on a container (which is also possible).

For the next 20 or so games, I would not expect them to have any of the new switches / etc. If they aren't already boxed, then it's going to be at least a 4 week wait anyway.

For all we know..they could be on the water....

#1679 2 years ago

You aren't going to lose your $1000. And I get the impression CT has more to do than bug PB every day. When we do get info from them, it seems to be wrong half the time. I'm in no rush (I mean..I am, but I can wait). I would prefer if the next shipment was still on the line waiting for the fixes, but I really don't think that is the case. I think they are sitting on the docks waiting to ship. (and btw, I've already fully paid for mine, thinking they may have jumped a bit too soon on those collections).

#1704 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about starting with tried and true orbit posts and standup targets that don’t fail in the 100s of games they’ve been used in before now? Keep the simple stuff simple.

Is it 'simple' or 'cheaper'. I would guess cheaper.

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The color changing standups seem to be working fine actually. It's just the skinny ones that are getting stuck. They have lights in them too but none of them are wired up. Only the square standups have active lighting. Which is weird since there are connectors on the playfield boards for the skinny standup's Leds too. Just no wiring to connect the two. Not sure why they left them out...

Might be something we can wire up? Or...it's plans for LV for 'more leds'.

1 week later
#1778 2 years ago

Were there unused assets? I highly doubt anything new can be added...

#1785 2 years ago

So the big question then is..should we contact and order the new switches before we get them?

#1792 2 years ago

I haven't heard anything yet. Will keep an eye out.

#1803 2 years ago

Do you know if that was one of the ones sitting at CT waiting for a pallet or a new shipment? No idea how many games were shipped on the first round, but it wasn't the whole set. (Because I should have been on it). Yet to hear anything but paid back in May.

#1819 2 years ago

Anyone know who designed and coded this game?

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

congrats! .. were you "2nd batch " .. i am no. 44 PIF and have heard nothing

I'm first batch (34 I believe) and haven't heard anything.

#1851 2 years ago

Everyone so excited to hear about LV, when the first shipment hasn't even been delivered yet. LOL. I think everyone is going to be waiting longer than they think.

#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just checked. I paid in full 5/25 because shipping was imminent and have heard nothing since.

I am thinking the 2 that shipped recently may have just been 'waiting on pallets'. I think the ship is still on the water.

#1904 2 years ago

Are these proximity sensors basically MRs that don't show through the pf?

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes, our point above.
MRS are operated by magnets, not a steel ball such as a Proximity Sensor or Hall Effect sensor.

I mentioned that because that is what the switches being sold to replace regular switches from Sonic are called. I don't know enough about the technicals of them other than they are triggered by the balls getting near them. It's why I asked, to clarify what type of trigger set them off, also because it might be something that he can speak to.

EDIT: N/M I hadn't read all the way through, looks like it has been covered.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

So when do we get the new software update that will fix the bugs and maybe add some video clips that we all want.

Have they said anything about adding additional assets? I hadn't heard that.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Ok I’ll bite. How do you tease a Xeno? It sounds scandalous. Or does he tease us?

Tongues n' Balls.

#2001 2 years ago

Not to rain on the parade, but I'd hope they get that damn magnet working as intended before that. But that too.

#2034 2 years ago

I'm not sure about the east coast, but the west coast was backed up 40 or so ships last week.

#2061 2 years ago

Got mine this morning as wellm had to call and get it delayed as i am out of state this week. I am the second to last Q1 machine i beleive.

#2063 2 years ago

Hmmm..the prices went up

#2080 2 years ago

So us early birds who put down deposits months ago are also paying the increase or only new buyers???
Yeah be nice for some transparency as stated above. This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

Not on the SV. It says as of now. The LV only put $1 down. Those will be the new price as well as any new SV orders going forward. We always knew the prices seemed low...sucks though

1 week later
#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Word I got this morning is price is locked for those who were already in. I suspect Cointaker ordered their alotment for the Q3 shipment all at once, and they were locked in at that price at the time when ordered and are now still selling off that batch. I suspect once they are gone and they move on to Q4 orders the price hike will be put in place. I'm just guessing though.

I would suggest anyone who hadn't already ordered and plan to, call and ask what the price is. My guess is it will be going up soon.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Any thoughts on when or what art blades fit this cabinet?

I would hold off for awhile. I think someone will make EL blades like what was on the original -- if not PB themselves for the LV (which supposedly cosmetics were going to be for sale for SV as well). All of that could change, but I imagine someone will pick it up if not.

#2374 2 years ago

They don't already exist? Plastics are the same as OG aren't they?

#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box.

I can tell you that is completely unequivocally false.

As for the rest of the people going off about it, I get it. However, to say 'this' game is alone in its issues is very disingenuous. Different game, different issues but still issues. I completely agree that for the prices they demand the QA should be much better out of the gate. How the company handles said issues speaks volumes. As long as they keep addressing issues, and sending parts as necessary, I'm sure the later built machines will be more satisfactory. I don't blame anyone for holding out. I myself held out long enough to not be 'first', but probably didn't wait quite long enough. Guess I will see shortly.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Any other ways to buy this? Haven't got a response back from cointaker after 2 emails. The 3rd quarter link is gone so maybe the SV just isn't available anymore to purchase through them.

I spoke to Melissa today. She was out some of last week and She's out for the next few days. I have no idea if anyone else covers.

#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Why, to pay PB to be their testers? Would you do that with a car, TV, PC, etc? I don't think so, so why should a pinball machine be any different from any other (expensive) consumer item. If it was a car in the USA you could claim the "lemon law".

You are acting like this isn't a normal thing in pinball and that PB is somehow unique in that aspect. I don't like it either, but it is the reality of the hobby sadly. If you don't want to be a beta tester, you may as well cancel your order and wait until next year to order, or buy one used that's had everything fixed. Bitching here about it isn't going to solve anything - especially if you really already paid so you too are 'part of the problem' just like the rest of us. You don't even have it in hand yet and are driving yourself nuts over it.

#2464 2 years ago

Holy Shit.....Game over MAN. Impressive.

682 of those were with the glass off troubleshooting

#2518 2 years ago

Finally got my shipping notice from Fedex.

#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

When did you order Zablon?

I was near the end of the Q1 orders. I was out of state when they were shipping so had to delay.

#2534 2 years ago

Okay...that may be annoying...over time all of those are likely to come off and potentially cause issues. When they 'randomly' fall off, it's hard to figure out where they came from.

#2559 2 years ago

Someone should start a key post that's a running list of updated parts we early adopters need to request.

#2565 2 years ago

Showed up a day early!

0914211152 (resized).jpg0914211152 (resized).jpg
#2569 2 years ago

So...found 3 screws in the cabinet. I searched everywhere and dont see where they came from. Checked all connectors, bolts, screws, etc. Only thing i found was a bolt missing on a ramp wire..but the screw is there. A worrysome thing is that so many screws seem to barely connect with the lockouts under the pf.

I checked all the targets and the ones that stuck i adjusted a bit until they didmt stick..not sure what version they are..but so far they are working as expected..assuming until the fixed ones are out fiddling with these will be an occasional annoyance.

Mine came with 2.2 on it (no idea if it shows C,D etc). Xeno is working, mother kickout working great, right flipper staging magnet works great, xeno magnet works but yes ball flew so fast it magnet didnt grab it. Hypersleep lock is working.

Lock bar latching system....idiot engineering on that one.

Otherwise , no issues so far. *crosses fingers* shoots great, i dont understand how the weapons work...but its fun.

Mine came with price cards and a ton of key fob. And some various parts that i dont know what they are for...assuming spares.

One question..where do you put the stick for code updates?

0914211855 (resized).jpg0914211855 (resized).jpg0914211923_HDR (resized).jpg0914211923_HDR (resized).jpg0914211958_HDR (resized).jpg0914211958_HDR (resized).jpg0914212003a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212003a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212054a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212054a_HDR (resized).jpg
#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think it is ok that I pass on this information for

it will say 2.2D or 2.2E. You definitely want to update as soon as possible or you will eventually get frustrating lockups with 2.2. You need to take off the backglass and use one of the two USB ports at the top of the screen. I've been PM'd about some difficulty/misunderstanding about how to remove the backglass, so here is a little video to show how it works. The key is hanging in the coin door.

Yea i had the bg off..and yes..latch is bit odd. So far no lockups or stuck balls.

#2574 2 years ago

Lol...icheard this fall just now...

0914212140 (resized).jpg0914212140 (resized).jpg
#2577 2 years ago

False alarm..it was the screw on the ramp that was missing a nut. Wasnt something new.

#2582 2 years ago

Anyone know why PB doesn't recommend using microfiber cloths on the pf? Seems like an odd thing to call out.

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

What are they recommending then?
Terry cloth for wiping and waxing?

"Our playfield manufacturer recommended: Carnauba Wax and soft cloths made for polishing or sponge. Do not use microfiber cloth."

#2592 2 years ago

That was a nice thing to find out right before I went to update. Much more convenient. Don't have to remove the bg, or the glass. I'm on 2.2D now. Honestly 2.2 hadn't given me any issues after 3 or so hours of play. I had 1 stuck ball behind the right ramp so far. On 2.2D code, the Xeno magnet performs MUCH better. Only missed once out of 6 or so times.

I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.

For those on the fence, this is probably the most recent built machine (that's been delivered so far) and build wise it seems pretty solid. I did a bit of research, and it came with v2 targets. I will be honest...I'm not really clear why these were 'cleared' to be used. That being said, as I mentioned above, before I ever turned the game on I fiddled with them and got them to click as best as they would, and so far no issues, shots seem to be registering fine. I am sure over time they will need re-adjusted. I noticed on the PB forums that v3 are on hold

So far, I'm happy. Nothing majorly annoying preventing play in the first 6 hours or so. One thing I wonder is why the callouts/sounds for slings and APC hits isn't a bit more dramatic. They are barely audible and lackluster. Seems like whatever sound is being given to them needs changed.

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I assumed that’s what the holes are there for …

Me too..that was my automatic go to...

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

the ball will get stuck on the upper right flipper magnet and sit there for 20 seconds until the ball search is activated. I only see it happen about once a week. I've provided logs to Cato for that one. The other issue you'll still fine is that in rare cases the ball gets stuck in the OUTHOLE, MUTHUR, or AIRLOCK until you hit a flipper button. I think a lot of people don't notice this because they are constantly hitting flipper buttons. Well, this issue is always being worked on.

I had this happen one time on 2.2 code. It released when I hit the flipper. I thought it was part of the game, however it has never happened again. Also, I'm not really sure what triggers that magnet. Almost seems random.

Same with xeno magnet. Sometimes it seems the magnet comes on and throws the ball around - often times up into that left orbit and into the back entry to the airlock.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

What was lighting the egg in the BG originally?
Anyone have a picture?

I think it is just the glow from the top of the display. There isn't anything in the backbox.

cpr9999 Also re tracker mods, I got notified today they will be shipping in a few weeks.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get this?

You can get them from amazon, wish, etc. They are generally pretty cheap and usually 1-10ft long and can be cut to whatever length you want.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I'm planning on a LV so I'm already drinking the cool aid, but I would certainly not say that somebody doesn't want to spend 10k on a broken toy especially if there are alternatives is automatically a hater. That's a lot of money for a product that doesn't work when you get it, and I don't think most people would allow for that on any other products they purchase. Considering that, I think the people that are critical of that are more sane than me

Well this is what I struggled with for years with the Heighway model. I wanted one badly, but they were a premium, and likely prone to issues. Sure, the community was a huge help, but there would always be that overbearing 'what if' to me.

While the PB version could be said to have the same issue, it is also half the price. There was a bit of a gamble on expectations for sure, and I've even stated a few annoyances about how this situation played out and why certain things that were known issues were not addressed with this version which made me question my decision to purchase one. I am happy to see that it exceeded my expectations. My hope is that boards/etc hold up for some time, and that PB continues to support it.

It is disappointing that the price went up. I have a feeling that less people will jump on this great game because of it. Even I really was thinking about an LV, but I doubt I bother now. It would have to be amazing for a 3k increase.

#2624 2 years ago

So...there is no shaker in this correct? You wouldn't know it....

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

No shaker but there is a shaker setting.

I just mean the bass shakes this thing so much that at times I thought there was indeed a shaker.

#2630 2 years ago

Gameplay wise...well it certainly is easier than R&M. I think the Aliens modes are funner than the Alien modes. Multiballs are where this game shines I think. From lighting to music..etc. While it seems to have quite a few modes...they are mostly timed and short. You can get thru quite a few of them -albeit failing them- within a handful of games if you are decent.

Still grasping the guns and how they effect play as well.

Additionally i dont know if the game conti ues thru both stories..or you onpy stick to the ine you pick...and if there is a larger wizard mode as a special treat for completing them all.

#2654 2 years ago

So tonight was the night the gremlins came out. 4 different lock ups/issues within 10 minutes after an hour of play.

1. putting in initials, suddenly it just 'finished' the initials on its own, then switched to the volume screen and went to 0. While I could leave the screen, the volume would not change from zero until a reboot.

2. ball bounced back into trough and the ball search never tried to push another ball out. I tilted the machine while trying to get it to move one way or the other and after the tilt animation, the game just locked up (screen included) and would do nothing until a reboot.

3a) during ambush multiball the right flippers stopped working and the xeno mouth stayed open.

3b) On reboot x 4 the xeno would not work. Then, toggling in and out of the service menu, it started working again and the flippers started working again

This is on 2.2D

As for the xeno, I didn't have any issues after this, but I wonder if after so many games that badly implemented switch starts to get bent and deformed. I haven't opened up the game to see yet.

Also, the dimples...they are a comin.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

1. I haven't seen that particular issue, but I have seen controls stop working after being left on for an extended period of time once. Took a log and reported this.
2. This one was causing me a lot of grief. Setting power to -50% plus 2.2F seems to have fixed it. There was some issue that caused the power of the trough eject to fluctuate. 2.2F seems to have made it stable.
3a. I think this is related to #1... I did have the flippers stop responding once in the past 4 months. I believe it was after I left the game on for 8 hours or more.
3b. I know there is a timing issue on power-on that can cause some weird issues. One thing I've seen is that the screen would be blank on power-on in certain cases. Not sure if this is fixed in 2.2F, but I do know I haven't seen it recently.

I had the screen blank on 2.2 once, but not 2.2D.

As for what was asked, I think most of these are indeed software issues as they are not persistent. If it was hardware/electrical something would have blown or stayed broken. Just wierd that I played so many games w/o issue and then had them all at once. We'll see how this weekend goes as I have people coming over.

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It should recognize right away with the trough switch that the ball isn't there and bounced back in and should eject again..That's pretty standard in pinball machines and this one does not do it.

In this case it wasn't in the trough, it had hit the other side and bounced back in and got stuck on the lip, thus why i was shaking the machine. It should have seen a ball missing, but he's right, it would have tried to eject 2 balls I think. The lockup was really more of the concern. I was aware of the ball ejecting hard, and have the power turned down by 15% and for the most part that has been fine.

A few things I've noticed though (and R&M has this same issue) is the variance in the shooter lane power. Most times it works just fine, and other times it doesn't. I will give it some credit though, when I was setting it up i ended up with 2 balls in the shooter lane. It kept increasing the power until both balls were launched.

#2670 2 years ago

I can get to your place in 15 hours....lol

LOL, man I used to make that drive a lot. Such a slog...so many hours of just...nothing

#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

When do you get your pin? I am thinking of inviting some pinsiders to come play mine next month when my Halloween pin arrives.
Thought of doing a pinball Halloween party and Play ACNC, TFTC, Halloween and Alien...

You need a Haunted House too!

#2678 2 years ago

I'm not sure Mirror blades would fit...it is TIGHT.

#2685 2 years ago

As I was making space for this, I hadn't realized the backbox was normal sized so even as a wide body it took up less space than the old Time Machine I moved elsewhere.

So far today no issues. Small targets were beginning to move around so I took them out and ground down the inside of the plastics. No sticking issues now. I really hope whatever v3 is, they do away with those switch buttons, those will never last very long as a bash toy, even if they aren't getting the full impact.

Also, I noticed that those boards have leds that are not used in them...hmm...

#2693 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hmmm indeed... i am wondering if the connections from an earlier post with open sockets on boards line up with these? are there sockets on the LED boards in the switches?

yes, the boards are the same for the small and large, and the large have the 2nd socket used. It will come down to software I believe.

I forgot to ask...anyone else notice that the glass on this seems...tinted? I think it might have a bit of anti-reflectivity on it. It's not 100% but it seems to be darker than my other games. (when it was out)

#2699 2 years ago

Who the hell is looking at the screen during multiball!!

#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So anyone see the Godzilla release video yesterday? For those that already have and know Alien, any opinions on if GZ will be in the same league?

I don't think they are comparable, hell...I don't think it is even comparable to Ultraman. That being said, I like the actual looks of it, but have no interest in buying another new pin at the moment.

#2715 2 years ago

This game is dimpling faaast. Wasn't expecting it as bad as it is.

Otherwise though, I haven't had any further issues! Finally got what I think is a respectable score of 340m.

#2725 2 years ago

Can you tell me which post you ordered? (the one by the upper right flipper)

#2730 2 years ago

For anyone wondering about a led strip for the backglass. Walmart has a Monster brand 40 led USB strip with remote for $5 that works great. Set it to the version of white that you want and leave it. Makes the title and egg pop a bit more. *Note I tried other colors and fades and it just didn't look good.

*Thanks to PappyBoyington for the idea.

#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

So after nearly one month of being out of action my pin is now operational again. For clarity mine had a few issues which stopped me from playing.
1. Chip on playfield due to loose post next to top right flipper.
2. Top right flipper bat cracked (early generic flipper bats)
3. Crushed gen 1 targets and a cracked xeno target.
My care package arrived from Pinball Brothers today.
1. 4 X PB branded flipper bats
2. New 'skinny' Gen 2 targets
3. New 'Wide' Gen 2 Xeno Targets
Customer support has been excellent to be fair.
My pin was at a show (UK pinfest) over that weekend it hit 1000 plays and got Pretty beat up.
Both the distributor and Pinball Brothers organised replacement parts to get it bk to a working condition.
I had bought the machine prior to the show but was given the choice after to get a new in box instead.
Upon reflection I maybe should have gone with the offer of a new machine. I've spent about 30 + hours getting it right.
Whilst the pin was down I used the time to disassemble the playfield and send off the plastics to be measured and cut for protectors.
Here's the end result.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the plastic protectors, exactly the color I thought they need to be. Now for someone to actually make and sell them.

#2745 2 years ago

Okay..this annoys me... as someone mentioned the alien targets get bent back and the jaw scrapes on them. Going to have to figure something out, mole skin on the back of those targets or something.

#2752 2 years ago

So on a for sale ad, the person says they are not making any more SV's. Was this stated somewhere or are they just making assumptions because CT's order page is screwy?

#2755 2 years ago

I would find it strange if they stopped the SV. It would mean they are only making a fixed amount of SV and LV then they are done as a pinball manufacturer? Anyone have any insight into this? Are the Pinball Brothers going to make additional titles in the future?

I don't even think they know yet. This was a gamble for sure. They never stated a limit on SV's, but they did say a limit around (400-500) on LV. Who knows if that is still the case. I imagine a completely new pinball machine would cost them MUCH more and be priced much higher than even the higher priced Aliens as of now. If they were going to do something beyond Alien, they would have needed to start years ago...

#2759 2 years ago

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project. Once they get enough of these out the door and recouped their money then it's over? I do get a little worried for long term parts availability with these, if you hold onto one for the next 10 years will you be able to get those light boards if one goes out?

Well really it does come down to how well Alien works out for them. I mean Alien was Heighway's 2nd pin and they still went under so even if they do start another, who knows how that will go. Alien was unique in that I doubt it cost them as much as starting from scratch would have. Only they can say if they plan to make another but I imagine they are still making sure they can do this first one. I mean, we are just now going to find out what the LV has.

As for parts....here's how I see it. People are more capable and have better tools than 30 years ago, and that will only continue to improve. While parts may be expensive due to low numbers, I don't doubt if there's a will and enough people who want them, they will be available from somewhere.

#2767 2 years ago

Send a a video / Picture bro of before and after....TYTYTY

Before:
0921212033_HDR (resized).jpg0921212033_HDR (resized).jpg

After:
0921212034_HDR (resized).jpg0921212034_HDR (resized).jpg

#2772 2 years ago

I see more stars on top....subtle but good.

And the top edge art as well. I mean, it's $5. How often can you add something that improves a pinball machine for $5?

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How is the reflection on the glass during gameplay? Would we need PDI or HD glass?

That's just it...there is barely any. WHen I had the glass out...I swear this already has some amount of anti-reflectivity on it, but no one else has commented.

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Wondering if anyone has put mirror blades on their Alien? I have one coming and not sure if stern or bally blades would fit best

Normal Mirror blades may be a non starter. There really isnt room.

#2785 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Probably really tight between playfield and cabinet?

Yeah, its...really tight. I imagine even putting vinyl in there or EL is going to be rough. The OG had those areas notched out.

That being said though, i do love the way the PF comes out/up. Needs to be a thing on all machines.

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i see an open egg pop bumper cap.. that from cointaker?

Not only that...where did the mirror blades come from and did you have to do anything special? I still don't see how they fit in there.

#2809 2 years ago

Fantastic. Hoping its live and not a post on FB with the list . We have waited sooo long i want it to be exciting.

I dont get the impression they are all about making a production out of things.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So I'm surprised nobody else picked up on this.
In Faust picture, he shows his machine with black powdercoat with sparkles. I asked did he have that done and he told me no it came that way when he unboxed it , I think he got the LV armor on his machine because every other SV has had chrome. What do you guys think, is this a sneak peek to the armor on the LV? I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow
[quoted image]

I caught it, but assumed he bought the persons who had it done recently.

#2831 2 years ago

Thanks for all the details. Let's hope on round 2 most of this is addressed and fixed.
No goodie bag is awful....shocked.

I had a goodie bag...

Came with 6 various alien key fobs, 3 extra flipper rubbers, a few springs, a few fuses, a few bulbs, and a few other things I don't know what they were for.

I find it interesting he thinks it's darker...since it has more lights...?

I think he 'won' though getting free powder coated rails/legs.

#2833 2 years ago

Those are cool, but seriously considering having someone airbrush my stuff with giger-esque alien ship walls.

But painting the coindoor like an airlock might be pretty cool.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust: -I have immediately 'sticky targets' and 1 target is not working (weapon target). PB is shipping this out knowing these microswithces don't work!!!!
I'll request the care package and look in the forum for the best fix

then in

The easiest fix I think is to take them apart (just the skinny ones) and dremel the inside edges of the plastic targets. Makes them wide enough to go around the boards. I haven't had any issues with mine since doing that. I agree, they know these are problematic, you'd think they would do something like this. Takes about 10 minutes to do them all.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've been told by a reliable source that it is "almost" sold out.

Can't really be sold out when it isn't even for sale and they didn't say how many they were making. The interest #'s don't actually represent who will buy..especially since yes, most likely the price increase will happen to everyone who had $1 in.

Also, if everyone who has an SV suddenly tries to dump them because they have an LV coming, prices will plummet, so unloading them might cost you more than just staying with it. (just a guess, who knows)

Part of me hopes it's awesome, and part of me hopes it's just the usual expectations of 'stuff' and I won't feel the need to get it. Since you could say 'we got a discount', that jump to LV is quite steep.

*I will assume the price increases are not due to shipping and that shipping will also go up from what it was before since everything is higher now so that's even more added expense.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

It's a very different build than Stern or BW games. With the exception of the flippers, the build seems solid. And the flippers are being replaced by PB. The frustration for early adopters is helping sort through the bugs. I've been down for over 2 weeks waiting for a troubleshooting issue with Cato. That said, PB are mostly very responsive to issues, and hopefully these will be addressed before LVs come out.
I'm still happy with this purchase, despite the issues I've experienced. It's a solid machine, and look forward to having it for a long time!

While I haven't really had any issues as of yet that have made my game unplayable...it is really a sad state that games are shipping with known defects of 'we'll deal with it later' mentality. This isn't exclusive to PB either. Since apparently they are already making LV's according to their FB page, it is very likely they are STILL shipping with parts that will need replaced.

I worked factory line jobs for a number of years, and that is not how it was done back then. The fixes were made and done BEFORE shipping them out if the issue was already known about.

When people talk about how quality is down, it is a true reality.

#2904 2 years ago

Pf is the same.

I noticed in the pics that isn't really listed in the features:

The xeno is more detailed with looks like silver teeth and maybe some 'slime' on the mouth.

The hypersleep lock is 3D model on top of it

And ...I'm confused but..the eggs look completely different (not an open one). I think I like the SV ones better.

Now..

Can live without the cab art
Can live without the backglass art
Can live without the powder coat
Don't like their beacons..I've found better ones around (visually).

Would like the art blades (or mirror since now we know they work)
Would like the open egg (which we can get)

alien (resized).JPGalien (resized).JPG
#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

dont forget their is a custom apron mod being developed for this as well. Shaker motor, art blades we can get too. Id buy the PB beacons if they sell them, i want them to work as intended rather then me hack something together.

Oh I know..I'm 3rd on the list

The question is if they lock out functions (like the shaker and beacons)....

#2910 2 years ago

Well, if you were planning on a shaker motor and invisible glass to the SV then add that to the SV price and decide if the resulting price difference from the LV is worth it?

I don't even think this game needs a shaker..it shakes like crazy with the sub the way they have it programmed.

As for invisiglass...maybe I already got one (i've personally never seen one), but i have almost no reflection on mine. It could be just due to how dark the backglass is.

#2912 2 years ago

1000 units....it won't be 'that' limited.

I recognize that backglass, and while it was cool for a poster, not really digging it for the backglass.

#2915 2 years ago

The strangest thing is those eggs. I want to know more...they look weird. If they were mechs that opened up...that would be pretty cool.

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The side armour is just kinda meh.
I wonder if they are not shipping with coin mechs?

SV's have coin mechs and coin boxes. Wouldn't make sense to take them out of the LV.

#2919 2 years ago

Overall, underwhelming..and my wallet is happy about that. I am extremely happy with the SV. It cost less and has more than the last 2 NiB I have purchased.

What is there is pretty much what many of us figured. I know many were holding out for the displays..but they said up front that wasn't going to happen. I do think they could have done much more with this though to make it really shine....this feels...really not thought out.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

The images shown were renderings i suppose not real machines.. the targets are all faulty gen 1's the coin door is not right... stuff like that.

well wtf...why would they do that at this point?? Sigh...would explain the eggs then. Still..very strange way to make an announcement if true.

#2931 2 years ago

Guys, with a heavy heart, I am willing to let my CT interest spot go for a mere $100. My dog needs dentures, and my wife's sugar daddy just isn't paying what he used to.

/s

#2937 2 years ago

n/m just fb pages messing up

#2959 2 years ago

Seriously....get a person to do marketing or at least let someone who knows how to market do your reveals. There should have been at least actual photos of the actual LV to show actual upgrades... smh. "Here go put down payments down"....

As mentioned before, I doubt those are the actual eggs. They had a photo a few weeks ago that was an LV and it was the same eggs, but with one of the open eggs as well.

Oh well..no skin off me...I'll quit worrying about it. I will see what options will be avialable for sale individually and call it a day. There's just that back of the mind 'what else aren't they telling us' mentality that I need to just resign myself to not worry about.

(to the person asking about the backglass display - just like the SV, the art on the backglass is carried over to the display so that it 'blends' at times. That is what you are seeing.)

#2961 2 years ago

N/M it's how they have the order form set up....no free shipping.

So total ~ 11113 + tax.

#2966 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think the LV looks awesome, hope they really put it together and support it like they did the SV. Cato mentioned to me just today that they will continue working on Alien for a long time, a lot more is planed for the LE and some new features for the SV as well. That’s all he could say at this time. Take that for what’s it’s worth.

While part of that is good, not knowing what you are getting going in is kind of....well...did they mean code? New modes? New assets? I mean...it would be nice to know what you are paying for...God I hate the pay us up front and wait pinball model.

#2968 2 years ago

Well it would certainly be nice of them to allow us early adopter SV people to order a few of the parts. I thought the backglass was limited to the LV though.

The cab art is nice, but in my case, you'd never see it anyway so it's never been an issue.
I was hoping for an animatronic queen somewhere over the ramps....something interactive (in terms of it reacts to certain things). Everything is just normal stuff aside from just a few molds...

Sure maybe they have more planned..but..uh...you need to show us what that is, not just say it to a few people in private conversations. How do I know if I want it if all you show me is half baked renders.

EDIT: it may sound like I'm being overly negative. I'm not. If you want an LV get it! It'a Alien!! I'm just disappointed in the offering vs the SV, and the lack of solid information.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh great, I already put the 1.00 and 1000.00 oh well end of the line for me.

I'm sure she'll transfer it over.

#2993 2 years ago

Just because you were going to buy one regardless of what it had, doesn't make what others are saying wrong. This was a pretty bad reveal. The overall sentiment by many (not just on pinside) is pretty lukewarm. There are many questions. They would have been better off just listing the details and not even posting pics to go with it. The renders with bad pics/not correct items just adds confusion.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Looks like one to me.
[quoted image]
People buy expensive things sight unseen all the time. People buy homes, cars (Tesla), all sorts of stuff. Not sure why this is any different.

If it was, it would be in the details to help upsell it. Since that is just a render, it's just 'cards' being shown. They 'could' be backlit or EL like some have done, but you wouldn't know it since it's not an actual photo of it.

#3005 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Alien owners, I’m on the list and I’m buying stuff while I wait. What type of post rubbers are there? And how many are visible? I’m thinking of changing the color of them. Thoughts? Thank you.

translucent green, yellow, or white might be cool. There' s a lot of visible smallest circle post ones, and they wear pretty fast.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you have one, keep it.
If you can get a HW, buy it.
Never swap the original with the remake.

Stop with the original vs new bs. If you are just going to do that, stay in the other thread. We get it.

It's no wonder so many people get taken repeatedly in this hobby. They don't use common sense. "but but but, just pay the money, they'll tell us later!" "but it's a dream theme!" "but, I don't care that they said it wouldn't have the screens, i think they will! I want to believe!"...

I'm glad more people will get to play this game. Yes the OG is special, unfortunately that ship sailed long ago. If you're only concerned about the value, I'm sure someone will still buy your 'bolted to the floor' game for 2x as much as it is worth, which as usual is the real issue around here.

At $7777 this was a steal compared to everything else coming out. I'm sorry for anyone who missed that hoping for screens. If you were already going to buy all the normal pinball stuff, then the LV may be worth it, but at over 11k, I don't see it comparatively.

*while I quoted you, it isn't specifically all directed at you

To anyone still wondering about quality. I've not had any issues with mine. I had 1 day where it decided to be buggy, but nothing since then. It's been great.
I did add some pads to the back of the xeno targets so that they don't scratch it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
1,135 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Zablon. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.