IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeirPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2285 2 years ago

plugging in to see if this is worth buying again

2 weeks later
#2726 2 years ago

If anyone wants to upgrade to the Le and drop out of their spot let me know

#2769 2 years ago

I built around 25 replacement computers for the original. Many talented people made other parts. Where there is a will there's a way

#3008 2 years ago

'cmon - who wants to dump their standard slot so they can upgrade to LV - you know you want to!

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

$7777 +$418 shipping

That's the old price new price = old + $800

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

The 2k is well worth it! In addition, when selling, the value stays or increases! If you are in doubt between an SV or LV, take the LV for sure!

WTF? the value stays or increases? Not a guarantee

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

it seem like the best option will be to buy the SE and then add on whatever else you want separately.

Best post I've read in a long time

1 month later
#3709 2 years ago

Are people so impatient that they go for ads like this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123331

#3713 2 years ago

If anyone wants to get in on the LV and bought at the original price, I'll step in and take your spot and give you $500 towards the LV

#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is it possible to put pin stadiums on this?

puke.gifpuke.gif
1 week later
#3880 2 years ago

Finally on the delivery list thanks to @pinkitten. Now I can put it next to this

20211110_173124 (resized).jpg20211110_173124 (resized).jpg
#3881 2 years ago

Anyone have a source for good art blades yet (not lit)?

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok,
I need some input from buyers and future buyers:
$8595 for Standard Version (SV)
-I am going in on the custom apron (& now beacons). Which is going for $1000
So total will be $9595
Or
Do I just buy LV which is supposed to have custom Apron and beacons already integrated? So the difference is $1000 now. What do you get for $1000 more?
$10695 for Limited Version (LV)
Any feedback is appreciated. For those already in on SV - think about this if you were to purchase a new game today.
Edit - I guess a number of features for the additional $1k. Download details.[quoted image]

You forgot shipping in those numbers

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm not saying I'm biased towards ours but from what we can see on the mock ups, the PB apron will have the strobe lights at the front of the apron, it doesn't have the Alien logo, weapons or bullets, the beacons they are using are short squishy ones lol and the ones we are using are more like the true beacons on the loader. There's no denying the artwork on the LV is really beautiful. But if you're going all in why not have both the LV and the aftermarket custom apron? lol You can't go wrong with either choice the machine is fabulous. If you like the PB beacons we are offering the option of just the apron, like I say either way you're getting a great machine. I'm with you though I wish they would release real pictures of an actual machine so we can all stop guessing what it may look like.

Sure what's another grand if you don't like it put it on a shelf to collect dust. Not saying your product isn't bad ass, just that that is a chunk of change to throw out there.

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

11/17 to NYC as of this am. Got this from Hapag Lloyd vessel tracking.

You guys need to stop checking - it keeps getting worse. Let the pot boil and we will start getting emails from CT

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

You have to keep an eye on these guys. Otherwise, who knows. Maybe the shipmates discover a crate of Alien pinballs, and they just circle around out there in the ocean and play them until they run out of food and turn on each other. This shit takes oversight.

I thought that is what happened in customs...

Northwest-Pinball-And-Arcade-Show (resized).jpgNorthwest-Pinball-And-Arcade-Show (resized).jpg
#3936 2 years ago

Just like waiting for art blades from tilt graphics - they printed a shipping label on 11/1 and still hasn't hit the post office.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm kind of hoping pingraffix makes some nice powerbladez for it.

Im hoping someone make non powered ones that look good.

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Is WPC “Bally/Williams?

yes - 90s era

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

So, meet everyone over at the docks to help unload?

I'll meet you at customs

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Don't give up hope. Cointaker uses fedex freight which delivers fast.

No way it makes it through customs and 2 sets of shipping by Thursday

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

It cleared customs yesterday FYI. So it's possible that they actually are en route to cointaker as we speak. I do think Thanksgiving Alien isn't happening which sucks, but oh well. Prolly the week after we will see them!

That's good news - where did you hear that?

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I haven't played the highway version, glad I didn't by the sounds of it. I jumped into this game on a whim, couldn't be happier.

Why? I owned the original and even though it had the problems, the gameplay is what got me in on the new one.

#4149 2 years ago

Same here - what was your PO number that is shipping? Mine is 093133

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

After months of waiting finally the xeno is home.. super excited, now to wait for my son to come home and help me get her in the home.[quoted image]

congrats!

#4234 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

2 were unboxed at Pincinnati last night...here is one of them. The only issue was a loose connection to the trough opto board causing non-stop ball auto launch, the 2nd one reportedly had no issues. After playing it instead of just looking at photos, I am so glad I have one on order...beautiful machine.
[quoted image]

Played that one last night. Cabinet is gorgeous love the new polished ramps compared to the rough ones in the original

#4440 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I keep checking here religiously because I don't want to bother Melissa again!

Alright who is going to fall on their sword and ask her?

1 week later
#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

As a Heighway owner - just wanted to ask, do you miss the larger LCD? Lots of people have complained, but coming in as a new owner with no time on the Heighway machine I have to say Id rather just have a reasonably sized LCD and some stunning artwork like that on the backglass.
I will say the playfield screen seems like a glaring omission, but again, coming in new I won't miss it.

I have to agree with the smaller LCD sucks compared to the original but I don't care about the pf screen

#4641 2 years ago

If anyone wants to go to the front of the line on an SV - I'm trying to raise cash for a GZ premium, so willing to let go of my full paid slot - hurry before it ships and we can get it shipped directly to you.

Scott

#4648 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Assuming it will be at cost like it was sold to you….. someone should get on that.

Ummm I didn't pay cost - and I am pretty flexible at this point

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If anyone wants to go to the front of the line on an SV - I'm trying to raise cash for a GZ premium, so willing to let go of my full paid slot - hurry before it ships and we can get it shipped directly to you.
Scott

Apparently this machine is now delayed until February - so it's still open if anyone wants to buy out my spot. Not going to make it for Christmas though.

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why delay? Not in next batch/boat? Or are they moving up LVs?

I have no clue what the f is going on. Apparently not that many are in the next batch

"Scott’s game would not be until February sometime.

They ran a little behind due to fixing some of the issues that were in the first few games…but they are getting games out the door right now.

Sincerely, Melissa"

edit - just a refresh - this is invoice #093133

#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

This is getting confusing as F!
From Cointaker seemingly not communicating in a coordinated fashion to different people hearing different things it's crazy.
Did he mean Stern Godzilla Premium was delayed or Alien SV?
I wish we had a place to go to find out if our units were indeed in production, completed, shipped, and waiting for Sigourney Weaver to off loader it at Cointaker! Please!!

My Alien SV won't be here until Feb (hopefully)

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is why I'm still sitting on the sidelines. I'm ready to place my order once there's a steady flow of games coming in and I'm comfortable that I won't be one of those paid in full guys hand-wringing for six months waiting and hoping. I get it that's the way of the world these days, but when full payment is sent, the game needs to be shipping soon after.

good luck with a steady flow - might be more reasonable to find a huo someone is done with.

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

OMG they start "LED´ing" the poor pin !! Than you can just install stadium lights.

Ok - 10 Leds @ $1 each $10. pin stadiums $275. Plus you can customize where it lights

1 month later
#5481 2 years ago

I feel for you guys - After going through the troubles of getting the original (when cointaker said it was on the way there), and ran into the same old sh!t this time. Then reading about the problems with the games coming in I decided to bail. Haven't regretted my decision since there are plenty of good pins to choose from. I hope this gets better for all involved.

#5536 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is how I felt also. Just zoom out a notch though and look at the story we're being told by cointaker and picture yourself listening to someone tell you that story and how the game is coming any day now. That's where I realized I'm being had. The story isn't " there are shipping delays we're not sure what's going on" the story is " games arrived in the port and are waiting on a truck" ..... For months now.

Exactly why I sold my spot, same thing when I got my original.

#5592 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Tracking number received!!!

Finally - enjoy your games!

#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone know what these screws are for? I found three of them and two nuts in the bottom of my cabinet.
[quoted image]

That's your goodie bag

#5673 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Figured it out. They are for the flipper bushing.
[quoted image]

woah - how the hell did that come apart - good catch

#5693 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I forgot to mention it can take up to three attempts before it will properly boot, it’s a known software issue.
In any case also good to check all the cables and connectors as Zablon is suggesting.

holy crap - that's bad - just keep turning it off and on til it works. yikes

#5731 2 years ago

Anyone know how many came in on the last shipment?

#5774 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok talked to Cointaker - Initial batch of LVs are expected to ship 2/28 - earlier estimates are still intact - I'm number 36 so likely won't see until march / april. Most are going by sea, some may go by air

Take that with a grain of salt, really no date is important until you get a tracking number

2 weeks later
#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

PB needs to sell enough games at regular price before they can honor the vouchers. I understand your frustration, but they need to survive and stay solvent first and foremost. PB isn’t screwing you. They are doing you a solid. THEY didn’t take your money, Heighway did. Be patient. The vouchers are a gift from a company who got NONE of the money that you sent to Heighway.

No they only got the all the parts and rights and a huge discount - that's the way it works - nothing against them, they took a risk and honestly I'm glad they did. I love the game/theme.

#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think the quality isn't there yet. I've had more issues than I'd like.
1. The game needed rebuilt fresh out of the box it wouldn't boot up.
2. First day on location the hyper sleep lock started jamming up.
3 Second day on location game locks up and won't boot and turns out the fuse was loose in the holder.
4 after game wouldn't boot now no coils on the right side of the game work but the fuses are good. I haven't had time to completely dig into it.
At this point I consider the machine a piece of shit if it can't last on location for a single day.
These aren't little nagging issues either. They break the machine and it's down completely. Prob fine for home use but I'd exercise caution for operators.
If it keeps up like this a lightly used Alien will soon be in the marketplace.

That is exactly why I dropped out of the remake - Love the game, but I don't need one I have to babysit all the time - especially at today's prices. This version seems to be better, but still not to the point where I want to deal with it. Had the original and went through all the crap with that one.

#6209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

There is absolutely no problems with the flippers , they are every bit as robust as any other game in my collection. Let’s not fixate on end of stroke , there is different technology in use here. For one thing these are single wound coils so theres no coil to disengage through the use of a EOS switch.

You can have a single wound coil with an eos - they pulse power to the flippers and reduce after the initial push, so an eos will tell you if you need to boost the pulse again.

#6211 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I wonder if this can be done with software by sensing the current/voltage change when the flipper bat is knocked down and then reacting accordingly?

Probably wouldn't be quick enough to work

1 year later
#13857 11 months ago

Finally got mine set up next to my Aliens shooter - need to tweak a few things but glad to be back. Been a long time since I sold my original.

DSCN5353 (resized).JPGDSCN5353 (resized).JPG
#13862 11 months ago

Anybody open up the box and get the motherboard part number yet?

7 months later
#16679 4 months ago

Anyone else getting a constant reboot after a game with the new code? I can play one game then this screen flashes with "funny man" sound playing over and over till I turn it off.

DSCN6527 (resized).JPGDSCN6527 (resized).JPG
#16684 4 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

No I have an LV and no problems - I was on 3.2 before updating to 4.0.
Did you remove the USB after the update? Or is it still in the machine? If I was you I might try doing the update over again if it will let you.

I removed it - I have started a ticket.

Just got a reply - looks like I have to rebuild at 2.2 and update from there. Have to say, quickest help I have ever received - they are on it.

#16687 4 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

I appeared to have downloaded the code incorrectly. I inserted the USB stick, then fired up the machine and the following popped up. However, it will not go away, and I do not have the new download. Any ideas on what I need to do at this point thanks. it will not move from this screen.
[quoted image]

You may have to rebuild like me starting at 2.2 - open a ticket they respond very quick

#16689 4 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Thanks. I took a ticket out with Shawn. Bummed I can’t play the new code. I guess I should learn to follow instructions. Things are so difficult with this game. I’m telling you oh well I’ll post what you need to do when you do something like this.

Before you load 2.2, they told me to go to 2.6 next, but there is no 2.6 - waiting to hear back.

#16715 4 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I removed it - I have started a ticket.
Just got a reply - looks like I have to rebuild at 2.2 and update from there. Have to say, quickest help I have ever received - they are on it.

Instructions worked perfectly - thanks to the quick response from tech support. 4.0 up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeirPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=WeirPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.