pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i filmed the Pinball Brothers Alien today, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here:

Thank you!

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The airlock is supposed to have a factory protector, at least according to the description on Cointaker:
“Airlock Scoop Assembly with playfield protector”
Did that get dropped from the production machines?

It might be Mantis style

3 months later
#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I am asking for anyone with a Q2 or Q3 deposit if they have been invoiced? And i am hoping i get in on the 7777 price tag as well.

q3, no invoice.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Why hasn’t cointaker price went up then? Very strange. Hopefully people are locked into the $7777 price who put down a deposit.

Word I got this morning is price is locked for those who were already in. I suspect Cointaker ordered their alotment for the Q3 shipment all at once, and they were locked in at that price at the time when ordered and are now still selling off that batch. I suspect once they are gone and they move on to Q4 orders the price hike will be put in place. I'm just guessing though.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

plugging in to see if this is worth buying again

I owned an original, missed it, order remake day 1. Saw they had issues scared me off and cancelled my order. Now a few months later seeing how well PB has been supporting it I jumped back in. I really enjoyed the original but its faults worried me, seeing the changes made to the new machines has me excited again to bring this one home.

1 month later
#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Here is the vessel that is picking up next batch of SV's for Cointaker. Couple of weeks on the sea, then in NY port on 11/11. At Coin on 11/15 if all goes well. Xenomorph is whats for dinner on Thanksgiving!!
[quoted image]

I see mine!

3 weeks later
#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

A weapon will always be selected if possible, so when you fire one (assuming you don't have multiples of it!) the selection will move to another weapon that you do have... meaning that you can just press the Launch button repeatedly to fire everything you've got, if that's your choice.

Dude I hope one of these makes it’s way to you for all you’ve done on this game!

1 week later
#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Received shipment notification from Cointaker. Looks like all these machines are finally en route to our homes.

Waiting to hear... you get email or phone call?

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Same here - what was your PO number that is shipping? Mine is 093133

Looks like I'm 8 spots behind you.

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

It would be nice if we received some notification that was consistent that way we could plan our delivery and be available at that time.

Good question! Mine is 093115
We'll see what happens. I don't want to deluge Melissa with e-mails so hopefully we'll get some type of notification.

Yeah I'm sure they are busy, but at the same time it would be nice to know haha.

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I just received the same answer, my invoice #093130. Any day now!!

Well fuck....

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Melissa confirmed I’m on Dec boat. Who is captaining the tracking for this one!!?

Ditto, was told end of December.

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Why do so many think this is supposed to be an easy shot ? It's not supposed to be an easy shot .....

It was very difficult to hi on my original as well. Looking forward to playing the new version!

#4443 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

She replied to me on December 3rd saying the ship was at port, my game was on it, and it should land at Cointaker any day and ship out right away.
Like the rest of you, I don't want to bug her again so quickly
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c925724c94518a5746566b093c15c83c0afd15eb-1639105852-1800"};
//]]>

I asked on the last boat and was told by end of December. Any sooner and I’ll be thrilled!

#4486 2 years ago

Anyone got updates on the ship at port?

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I took the plunge and emailed Melissa. She's out until Wednesday. Hopefully some news then.

There goes my hero!

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just to clarify. At no point did I think Cointaker is screwing me. I know I will receive a game eventually or CT will take care of me. I'm frustrated with the communication and expectations and false hope. I told all the people at my location an Alien is coming in the next few weeks which now I know isn't true. I hate letting my customers down.

Shit…yep definitely told my players Thanksgiving since I was told that info. Sold a game in prep for it coming in. Thankfully buyer was a friend so he let me keep it when my game ended up not being on that boat. I just delivered the game to him tonight having been told my Alien would be here by the end of December. Looks like my location is going to have a hole in the lineup for a bit

#4786 2 years ago

Any more updates on game arriving? I was told by end of December and well that’s just a couple of days away now and my emails to Cointaker have no replies.

1 week later
#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wonder if we'll get any news this week on the second SV boat that was supposed to have landed a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve been told some of those games already went out and I still haven’t been contacted. Let me know if you hear anything.

1 week later
#4995 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

So people getting machines 1 by 1 here. This was the December boat I assume that was stuck off port in NYC? Is the fedex notification by text message or email?
I paid in full early October so hope soon…sigh
Thanks
B

Yeah I’d really like to know this too!

#5023 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

. Wouldn't hold my breath. Heard this one many times before.

Yep I’m losing faith. Sold a game from my location to make space for Alien when I was told it was coming…two months ago. Getting pretty pissed about it at this point.

1 week later
#5204 2 years ago

I called Melissa yesterday. She said the truck was due the 18th. It was delayed by weather. It should be arriving any day and the games should ship right out from them. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

#5303 2 years ago

I called Cointaker again today. Games still haven’t arrived in the truck yet that was supposed to arrive in the 18th……..

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

When I spoke with Melissa yesterday I told her I'm here in NY let me go pick it up myself. She told me no the games were now in Jersey and I couldn't go pick it up there either. Now hoping they get them in at cointaker Feb 5th.

Oh sweet

#5354 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knowing they are supposedly in the states but stuck makes it worse. Can’t understand why they haven’t moved in 2 months. Almost getting to the point that I don’t want to unbox when it does eventually arrive. Just sell it and move on.

Dude I feel you

#5393 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/CMA-CGM-LA-TRAVIATA-IMO-9299795-MMSI-228340900
The games are on this ship that was supposed to arrive yesterday. It's looking like we'll be getting games soon.

Is that the ship from the October games we were promised, or a different ship? I've been told so many times I'd be getting my game now that I've lost track.

#5427 2 years ago

Update: still don’t know shit about where my alien machine is

#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all...
I have another 4 people wanting my custom translite panels...just need one more as it is best to do 5 sets cost wise.
Let me know if you would like a set. Just the translites are 455 Aud shipped with insurance. Thanks!

I would love to buy this, but since I haven't heard jack shit about where my Alien machine is at this point I'm not comfortable ordering yet. Anyone got any updates this week?

#5455 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I would definitely feel for her had she not confirmed to me on the phone twice that when she sold me a spot from a guy who had given up from his order from January 2021 that I was taking his spot in line, that my game was in the next boat, then tell me she stuck me in the back of the line and counted it as a new order. That's just unprofessional. What am I going to do? Give it up completely or wait it out? She knows I don't have many choices.

Yeah I wouldn't mind the wait if I hadn't been told it would be here in two weeks back in October so I sold a game from my location to make space for it.

#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Well the week isn't over yet but no. The point I was making was just that they had updated that they "expect" them and that was good enough for an update for me. I mean, eventually I'll get to where I believe that I'm just being straight up lied to, but I'm not quite there yet.

I’m about there. 4 months of you should have it in two weeks is getting a bit excessive.

#5512 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Anybody know if the LV’s are on the ship yet? Super stoked to get mine

My game was on a ship 4 month ago and we still don’t have them do don’t hold your breath once you hear it’s on the boat.

#5524 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

At this point this is the only ticket to get one so expect to wait. I personally paid in full in September and like many I'm still waiting on a container that was expected in November and is presently sitting around God knows where. I stopped asking about it months ago, I know my money is safe with them and at this point it'll get here when it gets here. CT is great about refunding money so you can always go that route if you get tired of waiting. But yeah, waiting is a thing for sure and expect to do so!

GorillaBiscuits may be stronger than me. I just can't believe we are on month 3-4 of these games that were supposed to have arrived being unaccounted for.

#5534 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Who knows. At this point I suspect something is going on like the games were damaged or the container was lost or they were sold. How else could they take so long to get here? The missed deadlines just feel like a series of excuses being thrown out to keep us calm. As time goes by the logic starts to look thinner and thinner and the story just doesn't make sense. I hope the LV buyers aren't going to go thru this but it's a cautionary tale to not believe any timeline given.

Yeah man I feel you. The only thing keeping me in is having previously owned an original I know I live the game already. Such a shitty situation. I just can’t believe there isn’t more information for us. Like they know how crazy pinball people are right. We would all drive to port to pick up if needed. Just let us know where the fuck the games are sitting.

#5541 2 years ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

I ordered it from Cointaker. Don't get me wrong I love Melissa she has always taken care of me. I just don't know if I can wait a year to get a pin.

A year would be lucky

#5543 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i'm planning to put down a deposit in March and definitely expecting to wait a year. its a new overseas company building an expensive luxury product in the midst of the worst supply chain crisis the world has seen in decades, you gotta temper your expectations a little

They were tempered fine until Cointaker told me I would have it in two weeks, back in October.

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is what was odd to me also. PB told me the exact same thing and sent me the ship tracker. They never said anything about games being in New Jersey. I assumed it was another shipment and the previous one was sitting in NJ.

So now we are trying to figure out how many containers are unaccounted for? October, November, December, January, now this one? I'm so confused on how many games there should be at this point.

#5608 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To everybody that got tracking: eat a dick!
I kid I kid, congrats and I'm happy for ya'll

I’m on your side. Not kidding.

#5705 2 years ago

I’m now convinced actual aliens have stolen my Alien and this is why I have not received tracking information.

#5741 2 years ago

I’m so happy for all those who have received their games….no seriously I’m not at all pissed and jealous, like zero % fucking annoyed as fuck.

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok talked to Cointaker - Initial batch of LVs are expected to ship 2/28 - earlier estimates are still intact - I'm number 36 so likely won't see until march / april. Most are going by sea, some may go by air

Don't hold your breath. I've been told two weeks since October. I've just tried calling and emailing again. I'm sorry but at this point I am fucking pissed off about everything.

#5766 2 years ago

I’ve been told shipping tomorrow. We will see if I get any tracking.

#5775 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LV first round? Nice.

Yes from the “October” batch

#5793 2 years ago

I got tracking! Tuesday 8-10AM delivery!

#5806 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Did you reserve SV or LV? Congrats!

No SV. I was told my game was ready in October and paid, then was told two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, any day, bad weather, two weeks, any day, and then finally got told it would ship tomorrow, and then I actually got shipping tracking.

#5890 2 years ago

Mildly panicked…

AE6E0D0C-FBBD-4C76-8605-F22AC1B7FB0A (resized).jpegAE6E0D0C-FBBD-4C76-8605-F22AC1B7FB0A (resized).jpeg
#5896 2 years ago

Delivery time has come and gone and no Alien has arrived...

#5906 2 years ago

It has arrived! One USB came unplugged in shipping. Coin door was slightly wired wrong. All fixed now. Seems to be playing well!

1F428C39-09CE-4364-ADDF-35F7E0DDB916 (resized).jpeg1F428C39-09CE-4364-ADDF-35F7E0DDB916 (resized).jpeg2AF63334-56BA-4CFD-9646-0550A2CDCED3 (resized).jpeg2AF63334-56BA-4CFD-9646-0550A2CDCED3 (resized).jpegD809E8CC-385B-4317-A538-F00F10FBB854 (resized).jpegD809E8CC-385B-4317-A538-F00F10FBB854 (resized).jpegF9C53ED4-D0BE-4EAD-840D-7A4010942B90 (resized).jpegF9C53ED4-D0BE-4EAD-840D-7A4010942B90 (resized).jpeg
#5911 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Awesome and congrats! Did you ever find out what the FexEx "emergency" was?

Nope it just showed up about 3-4 hours late. Box looked fine. My nightmare was it got dropped or crushed after all this time.

#5915 2 years ago

As others have stated change the flipper switches.

#5918 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Anyone here have a desire to see this Alien Pin Scorbit connected for score and achievement tracking purposes?

nope

#5936 2 years ago

Snuck away and worked from the bar today and put together a decent game streaming. Other than switching out the cabinet flipper switches it’s playing well.

#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I’ve tried 6-7 times now nothing. Checked connections, but will be more thorough later tonight.

I had two loose connections at unboxing. A usb and an hdmi. I’d check everything.

#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

After having this machine at home, while it IS an awesome title (the most immersive title I've ever played in fact), I believe they will have to work out the software bugs before it would be worth the effort to put on location for an operator. Turn it on, play a game, turn it off- it's fine. But I've been letting it sit in attract mode for a few hours at a time for the purpose of testing and several times I've returned to the playfield controlled lamps locked up. The screens were still active but it wouldn't start a game. Also I get that annoying pop and click noise in the audio 100% of the time after letting it sit in attract mode for a while. Otherwise all the mechanics seem pretty solid after a few tweaks here and there. Also still waiting on new Stern flipper switches to replace the flimsy, paltry set that came installed on it.
I just hope they continue to work the bugs out of the software. Even though I doubt I will put this one on location, it would be nice if putting it out for the public is at least an option down the road.

Hmm we are on day 5 on location. On 7-8 hours a day and still running strong.

#5994 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

someone explain the stern flipper switch upgrade? Curious how much work it is to switch out.

Undo two screws. Desoldering two wires. Re solder two wires. Redo the screws. 10-15 minute job.

#5997 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

And you will need longer wood screws if I remember correctly!

Ah yeah I took off one of the spacers on the new switches to make them the same size but yes longer screws also works

#6035 2 years ago

Finally got to All Out War just now and holy hell this game is fun. The wait sucks. The communication super sucks but man this game is fucking fun!

5D50DB68-CECB-4974-A6D8-0D57583A4D24 (resized).jpeg5D50DB68-CECB-4974-A6D8-0D57583A4D24 (resized).jpeg
#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Anyone know if there is a way to capture the main screen HDMI for streaming ?

Haven’t done it yet but pretty sure you can just use an HDMI splitter

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You might be able to use this on the LVDS cable that goes into the main display.
ebay.com link: itm

And then convert to HDMI.
https://arcademodup.com/product/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-compatible-with-1080p-resolution/
[quoted image]
This is the pic inside Alien>

Hmm so like the same way we capture stern displays

#6098 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

My right flipper is double flipping. Does someone have a fix other than switching to the stern leaf switch?

I'm telling you make the switch change, it feels so much better.

#6102 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thinking of joining this club but did not have an opportunity to see this in person.
Is there a video review of the game somewhere? Something recent perhaps?
I would like to know how it feels and if it has too much of a wide body feel to it? Indiana Jones comes to mind when it feels like the ball has a lot of room to swing side to side and makes the game feel floaty?
Has anybody received a recently produced unit? Have the kinks of earlier models been resolved or is it still a WIP sort of product?
I will try to read the thread in its entirety but figured would drop a line here first

I streamed it a week ago or so. To me it’s much faster than IJ. I really like the rules and the ways you can maximize scoring with strategy.

I finally broke a billion on it this week but I know I left a lot of points on the table with some poor play in wizard modes.

#6117 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Put my deposit down today for an LV and Melissa from Cointaker said 6-8 months lead time (30-60 days for the Standard). Sound accurate?

NO

#6141 2 years ago

On location going on week 3. Ours has luckily been reliable so far.

#6148 2 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I just got an invoice notification that the balance is due on my LV and it is ready to be shipped to my house.

I got my notice like that in October. It got delivered in March. Be cautious.

I owned both the original version and this new version. Routed both. Heighway lasted one day before it had issues so in my experience this one is better than the original. But again I’m sure based on posts plenty of people are having problems.

#6255 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Paid in full 3 weeks ago, no other info. Hopefully soon.
I might need Red_Devils to come over and help me with setup too.

Took 5 months after I paid in full so don’t hold your breath.

#6280 2 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I was under the impression that LVs were in the current shipment.

You’ve probably been told that at some point

#6423 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My Xeno magnet hasn’t had a successful grab since update to 2.5. Anyone else?

Ones here at tpf seemed to be struggling on 2.5. I haven’t updated mine.

1 week later
#6614 1 year ago

Did get a report over the weekend of a ball going into hypersleep lock and not registering and ball search didn’t start. Reset game and it was working again. Checked audits yesterday on location one month got about 300 paid plays and about 100 freebies of me or friends playing it and only issues were this one and the ball not registering on a drain. Resets fixed both issues. Still running 2.4 on it as I haven’t had many issues and 2.5 seems to be giving some people fits so I don’t want to mess with it yet.

#6777 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Finally ran into a problem that I can't overcome without direction from PB.
During game play I lost power left flipper or flippers. I though maybe it was just another coil wire broken off first but I re-booted machine and it would just reboot and then go to blue Volume screen twitching at first after awhile it would clear and then go to regular attract mode. The start and launch buttons are not lit and don't work, the menu adjust buttons don't work.
Obviously can't start a game or go into menu to test. All the things out including the flippers plug into the controller box at the bottom of the cabinet. I think the controller might not being getting power or controller is bad.
I checked the fuses on the controller box under the playfield and they are good. Put Ticket in Monday morning and have not heard anything yet.

I bet fuse is good but has come loose under playfield. I had that happen once

1 week later
#7055 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Nice - adding Loctite to my Lowes list...getting some small screw drivers to get into the area under the apron too to get a more firm tighten...Thanks!

Just make sure you don't get the crazy strong loctite, you'll never get it off again.

1 week later
#7274 1 year ago

Had a launch party for our machine tonight and it went great! Also broke a billion for the second time today on the machine. Still loving it. Two months on location and still playing great for us. We aren’t a super busy spot but I’m happy with how it’s held up so far.

65C55129-F97C-4A20-8969-6D74483734F3 (resized).jpeg65C55129-F97C-4A20-8969-6D74483734F3 (resized).jpegA721AC1B-37E4-44FD-8C1A-D84A227869F0 (resized).jpegA721AC1B-37E4-44FD-8C1A-D84A227869F0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7483 1 year ago

My standard has been on location for over 2 months now. Just yesterday it didn't boot on power up for the first time. Pulled playfield out, made sure connections were all tight, put it back in and rebooted and it was fine. Those are about the only issues I have had so far with it. I'm loving it. I just updated to the 2.6 as well and I haven't looked closely at changes, but to me it seems like the insert lighting works better with the update, less flickering and easier to see. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else who updated from 2.4 but yes overall my machine has been far far far more reliable than the heighway version I had several years ago.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Nice to hear from a location owner. I put my deposit down on an LV ten days ago with Cointaker. Hopefully shipping this year.

It has been earning well, only major complaint is the game is too dark, and although I don't mind it I an definitely see why my players would say that playing the game.

#7491 1 year ago

And apparently I posted too soon, getting nothing but can't boot screens today when I just came down to turn it on. Anyone else had this?

1ABB42B0-569F-4CFF-82EE-94CF337AFB9F (resized).jpeg1ABB42B0-569F-4CFF-82EE-94CF337AFB9F (resized).jpeg
#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Loose cable for hard drive probably.

I didn’t. I tried putting a usb in after I got that message and nothing

#7497 1 year ago

Woke up to a reply from Pinball Brothers, seems like easy enough fix, not sure if anyone else has had their game on as much as I have with it being on location but here is their fix.

Did anyone else know there was a battery in this thing?

I will go try fixing it today and give an update.

"Hi Thomas Skinner,

Thanks for your message!

1st: change the tampon battery inside the ITX it's a CR2032

2nd: do this: "How-to" rebuild machine - Alien 2.2

3rd: Alien - Delta game update. (2.6)

You can use game code 2.4 or 2.6 or your SV game.

I tried to be clear and fast as possible.

If you need more help let me know.

Andrea
PB Support "

#7503 1 year ago

Anyone who has had to do a rebuild to 2.2?

If so did you ever get this screen?

94970104-E027-4A52-8C73-32C8208C1586 (resized).jpeg94970104-E027-4A52-8C73-32C8208C1586 (resized).jpegB7B5CD0A-38B8-49F4-BA1A-B58CB9FD7C87 (resized).jpegB7B5CD0A-38B8-49F4-BA1A-B58CB9FD7C87 (resized).jpeg
#7505 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i have never seen that.. just make sure that you have a clean usb.. reformat it as suggested. Load the build and follow steps. Screwy things can happen if you have other items on the usb.
fresh start is best.

Yeah it was cleaned out. I’ll try a different stick this one is 32gb not sure if that matters or not

#7507 1 year ago

Well can't knock their speed of service, had a reply within 5 minutes. Just not the greatest news.

"Hi Thomas Skinner,
have you skills in ITX ? Looks a Ram or Ssd problem.

I can let you know where get replacements (Amazon) if you need your game up and running tomorrow.

​In the meantime we can send you a new one with a return label.

​Thanks

Andrea
PB Support "

#7509 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have seen this before in spooky games. it sometimes shows up and it sometimes does not, so not sure if this is the same. It just looks like to be a GUI that is not really necessary.

Can you elaborate on that?

#7511 1 year ago

Just poor photography skills

Keeps saying a device needs to be unmounted.

6FEF1615-E5DC-49D8-84CD-86E96D3933B6 (resized).jpeg6FEF1615-E5DC-49D8-84CD-86E96D3933B6 (resized).jpeg84B58663-7069-47AB-AAC6-8155C87A62AC (resized).jpeg84B58663-7069-47AB-AAC6-8155C87A62AC (resized).jpeg
#7519 1 year ago

Installed new RAM and the problem remains. Hoping for more news tomorrow

#7535 1 year ago

Great service from Pinball Brothers again today trying to trouble shoot my game. Multiple skype calls, and responses to everything. I've tried basically everything we can think of at this point. It seems for some reason the hard drive has died or something. I have a new one that is supposed to arrive tomorrow and if that doesn't get me back up then I have no clue what to do.

#7549 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Not the way it works for Aliens or Lebowski

Was told in October I’d have game in two weeks, paid in full. Game arrived in March.

#7552 1 year ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

I have an SV. I've had a couple minor issues, but mostly it's been rock solid. From the looks of it, Pinball Brothers is being very responsive to issues and communicating with the community. It's a high pressure situation, as everyone is waiting and watching due to the trickle of new machines across ALL companies. I hope they get through this first rough patch of existence. They deserve it. It's not like every other companies machines I've purchased haven't had goofy issues.
Just my 2 cents...

Yep I’ve been very satisfied with the service so far. We expect the hard drive to fix it. If it doesn’t they are shipping me new board on Monday. Again overall incredibly happy with the game and the service.

#7575 1 year ago

Great news!
The beast lives!

6E96BD48-F132-4D0E-ABF2-ACBD974E4DF5 (resized).jpeg6E96BD48-F132-4D0E-ABF2-ACBD974E4DF5 (resized).jpeg
#7593 1 year ago

I just wanted to update what I replaced in case anyone else experiences similar problems.

DDR3 1600mhz were the important stats according to PB. Size of at least 32gb is fine I believe as that was what was replaced but as explained to me larger was fine. I ordered what Amazon could get to me the quickest so I could get it up in time for our event tomorrow.

Dogfish Msata 32GB Internal Solid State Drive Mini Sata SSD Disk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07543SDVX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PSDMS50EN11HCDBN4APN

0DE1CFE3-B459-4DC7-9877-05EBF5D73EC9 (resized).png0DE1CFE3-B459-4DC7-9877-05EBF5D73EC9 (resized).pngC054C576-80E4-49BF-B4CA-50AFD88243CA (resized).jpegC054C576-80E4-49BF-B4CA-50AFD88243CA (resized).jpegFAF97A31-35D3-42FC-8B02-27053B6568B8 (resized).jpegFAF97A31-35D3-42FC-8B02-27053B6568B8 (resized).jpeg

#7608 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Great news, so the idea to just use a new ssd drive sorted it ok?

yep

#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Ugh… Here I go again with an IO board message. I guess back to Pinball brothers to help me sort it out hopefully at this point they’ll just send me something new to replace whatever is broken. Base of the game played fine didn’t move the game or lift Playfield and the next time I turn it on missing I/O connection again. It’s going to be a loose connection or some bad software. Looks like they’re willing to do a zoom has anybody ever done that?

Yes I was on Skype with them several time over the course of 3 days last week, they were incredibly helpful and quick to reply and work with me on scheduling since we have a 6-7 hours time difference. I was incredibly impressed with their customer service.

#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone had an issue where the game gets stuck on this screen when starting the game? Volume goes up and down 1 point non stop and game doesn’t load
[quoted image]

Yes, its a blown or loose fuse under the playfield.

#7734 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Tried that but all good, and all nice and tight

Is see if one is blown. They have it on the pinball brothers website as well.

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’ve taken them all out and tested them with multimeter, they are all good. Not sure what it can be. Will wait for PB to get back to me.
Thanks for the suggestion

Dang sorry.

#7738 1 year ago

I noticed yesterday that now that I've upgrade to 2.6 the balls don't release from Hypersleep multiball the same. Previously you started it and they would both release from the sleep chamber. Now it seems it releases one, a ball kicks from shooter lane, and then awhile later the other ball will release from the sleep chamber. Does this behavior seem normal or do I have something going on with my hypersleep mech?

1 month later
#8416 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I've often heard people say that they find the movie missions difficult to complete. "Beat all missions" is probably nigh impossible -- especially since we don't let you replay them (unless you play through them all and loop back again) -- we debated this a lot during the dev process. However, scoring in the movie mini-wiz modes (Self Destruct and Loader Battle) is based on how many of the corresponding movie's modes you completed, and of course Scene Bonus (earned by completing modes) can be very significant, so if you care about points, completing modes is a Good Idea.

This game has one of my favorite rulesets ever. I truly think you created a masterpiece! I hope you are given lots of room to code wherever you are now!

#8423 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That’s good to hear! My only real concern is with tiring of the code quickly. I want there to be enough meat there to keep me coming back. I like a variety of games from different eras but have struggled to find many 90s games that keep my attention besides Shadow. I’m hoping this game can stay a long while.

It reminds me of Shadow with more depth.

2 weeks later
#8774 1 year ago

Added some PinStadiums today

944EF7EB-9E28-4FEF-9C2E-B95815BFD436 (resized).jpeg944EF7EB-9E28-4FEF-9C2E-B95815BFD436 (resized).jpeg
#8777 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

How did the install go? What did you use for GI and the flasher hookups and how do the pinstadiums integrate into the dark vibe of the game? My vision basically sucks (eyes are 63 years old…) and I have pinstadiums on almost all of my games.
Cheers!

It is my first time using the product. I honestly loved the dark vibe of the game but I have my game on location and I was sick of other players complaining how dark it was. I initially wired it in wrong and only had the UV flashers on, but customer service was great and got me fixed. I wired UV flasher into the magnet for the Xenomorph and the GI I picked up off of the coin door light. We had a tournament at the location yesterday and players were very happy with the brightness. It through me off personally though I was missing all my shots haha. I need to adapt and play it a bit more with the lights.

I will say it does show off the art much better.

You will need one of these to power it in the game. Toptekits C14 to C13+NEMA 5-15R Y Splitter Power Plug Cord,Single IEC 320 C14 Male to C13+Nema 5-15R Female Splitter Adapter Cable Cord(C14 to C13/5-15R 1ft) https://a.co/d/8vQiZ98

FB9018B0-54D1-4411-B48C-7734F715D7D0 (resized).pngFB9018B0-54D1-4411-B48C-7734F715D7D0 (resized).png
#8792 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Looks washed out in the picture. Doe's it look washed out in person?

I turned them down from that setting. All I know is for the first time since setting the game up a few months ago none of my location players bitched about how dark the game is.

6 months later
#12904 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Not exactly alien pinball related, but I thought i would share some of my alien "big chap" pieces in my collection. I have the life size big chap head and 1:3 scale big chap that are in gigers museum in Switzerland. Also have an artistic 1:3 scale take of big chap on the nostromo. Looking to add pinball brother alien back to the collection real soon. I had a really early build that had a bunch of issues, but recently played an lv and gotten itch for round 2.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bro those hasbros!

2 months later
#13760 11 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Can anyone give me some basic guidance here? [quoted image]

Pretty sure that was what I went through when my hardrive died.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07543SDVX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

I also upgraded the RAM while I was in there working on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145WDNI4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00

Since replacing both of those in the machine I have had no issues at all.

#13761 11 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

No I think you misunderstood. I mean it makes the ball travel faster. I should have been more clear

Just as a heads up, after speaking with the guys form the precision flipper company at TPF they have said you should turn your flipper power down by about 30% (at least for sterns) after installing them. That will get you closer to the standard stern feel, but it is using less coil power and keeping them cooler. I would assume the same would apply to Alien as well.

2 months later
#14194 9 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Joined the club today with a very gently used LV. Loving it already! The theme immersion is second to none!
Anyone know of any good tutorials I should check out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Video of a decent game I had back when mine first arrived. I'm pretty sure I explain the rules as well as I still remembered them from the original Heighway Alien I had the first time it was produced.

6 months later
#17344 70 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hi Alien people!
I am posting my ticket to Pinball Brothers describing a problem i am having with my early run SV.
I read a lot of these posts and see that some have left older code on their SV's . I upgraded to 3.2 and have the Apron mod too .
I believe my issue is related to the software upgrade , because it is primarily a "multiple boot-ups" issue. I can play for hours after booting up 3 or 4 times.
Thanks for any help!
<<<< I was running my early model SV on older software 2.7 , i believe and upgraded to 3.2. I do not have the latest firmware.
I have a weird issue where it takes 3 or 4 times to get it to boot up (turn machine on) to a playable condition.
First boot:
Sometimes the screen doesn't come on or screen comes on and it doesn't recognize the coin door functions and isn't able to start a game ; although the start button is flashing.
Second Boot (turned game on and off) :
Game will appear to boot up fine and now recognizing the coin door. Will not start a game and or will start a game , but the drop targets will not register. I did receive a replacement drop target board at some point. (new drop target parts were sent by PB in March 21, 2022)
3rd boot (turn on and off again :
For the most part booting 3 or 4 times ; depending on if the Alien head successfully tests the tongue ; will result in the game playing fine. I can play for hours without a problem.
Please let me know what you think.
I am reluctant to proceed without some advice because the original SV's were made with parts and boards that may have been upgraded.
Thanks
Ed Z >>>>>>

My game has been on location about 2 years. Today I just had the coin door buttons and start button start acting up. Haven’t had issue before. Just submitted ticket.

#17354 68 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Did it get better with a reboot?

Nope, just did a few trouble shooting things with pinball brothers tech support and they think it is faulty playfield controller box, sending me a new one.

#17376 65 days ago

I've had mine on location since the day it arrived, I believe just under two years ago, and its had 2 "game breaking" issues, meaning it is down for a couple days. Everything else has been typical pinball maintenance stuff and communication and replacement parts from the company have come much quicker than I've received from some of the other major pinball companies.... now going on 1.5 years of waiting for a replacement motor for the beatles spinning disk. Never waited a full week for anything from Pinball Brothers and their techs were skyping with me at 2AM their time once to help me test some things and fix an issue.

Plus the game has amazing rules and shots.

4 weeks later
#17818 36 days ago

Anyone else had tilt stuck closed and no cabinet switch connection errors before? Been working with Pinball Brothers for a month now trying to get this sorted but responses seem to come about a week apart. Hoping someone has some better advice. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.