b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7443 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Got the rebuild to work. It then locked up again.

What's the next step for you?

#7445 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

As asked by Andrea I have checked the hdmi connections and also used another hdmi cable. Still no luck with the displays. PB are sending a new mini display and a few other parts to swap out.

At least PB is being reactive and trying their best to satisfy the customer (or so it seems).

#7528 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Me: Paid in full for an ALIEN LV from CT a while back. Randomly email Melissa to ask if she has any updates.
Melissa: Someone just backed out and I have one here I can send to you Monday.
Me: JOYGASM!
***MONDAY***
Me: Did the game ship out today?
Melissa: Sorry, FedEx destroyed someone else's LV and I have to
send them this one as a replacement.
Me: ...

This doesn't even make any sense. I'm sure your story is legit, but think about it.

-- Deposit happens first
-- Full pay second
-- Game is shipped to Cointaker
-- Game shipped from Cointaker to final location

So she's saying that the game was shipped to Cointaker and THEN someone asked for a full refund? They got their refund and Cointaker was sitting on an extra Alien and gave it to the first person who happens to come along? And then without telling you, they gave it to someone else?

I hate this story. It doesn't add up. And it got your hopes up.

#7533 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I'm the one that canceled my lv order. So that part is true.

OK so maybe I'm wrong about the process. That's possible.

I do hate the fact that they promised the game to one person and then took it away and gave it to someone else, AND didn't communicate that part until he called in. That's terrible business.

3 months later
#9636 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

One question I have for SV owners is what if anything have you done to lighten up the playfield area?

There is an option to change the LED brightness in the settings. Mine was at a 5 and it goes as high as 8. Once I did that the playfield was plenty bright for me.

You can also buy the apron mod. It has LEDs on it and will enhance the playfield when installed.

#9668 1 year ago

I'm still on 2.4 and I haven't seen that bug at all.

1 week later
#9819 1 year ago

Kkoss24 My spinner doesn't sit correctly and I've been fudging with it here and there, and you tell me that all I need to do is add some lubricant?

Awesome, thanks!

#9902 1 year ago

I have two extra translites if anyone needs one.

EDIT: I may have sold them both. That was fast!

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“I purchased three translites from Kurt. He makes them in bunches and said he wasn't going to be making many more if any at all, so I ordered an extra SV in order to ensure I receiv...”
2022-09-10
South Burlington, VT
300 (Firm)
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 213 times

#9915 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

How long is the wait currently for an Alien LE?

I waited for 6 months before I gave up and bought a used one. I think people are waiting a little under a year.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#10431 1 year ago

My up-post doesn't seem to operate in game mode (sometimes does, very rarely).

In test mode the orbit sensors appear to operate fine. The up-post snaps up and then back quick down quickly in coil test.

I've read / searched for answers in this thread and came up empty.

Any ideas?

#10472 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

increase the coil strength on both 10%, should make them more responsive.

This right here. My up posts were not working well on orbit shots but everything worked fine in test mode.

10% was too low, but increasing each one by 15% did the trick.

Thank you @baggerman!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10477 1 year ago

I love this game.

8DB8D1EC-AC5C-475E-AA3E-24CE578ABFAF (resized).jpeg8DB8D1EC-AC5C-475E-AA3E-24CE578ABFAF (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10696 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

When the start button works the small screen doesn’t and when I cannot start the game, the small screen works.
So strange. [quoted image]

lol WHAT!?

Two seemingly unlinked items. So bizarre.

1 month later
#11757 1 year ago

I had the original code installed on my SV and the magnet when turned all the way up worked just fine with nearly 5-10% missed magnet grabs. If it did miss I was shocked.

After playing the game for two months I decided to upgrade to the latest code, and now it's missing well over 50% of the time.

I don't know what changed but that's quite the difference.

1 month later
#12665 1 year ago

Just piling on with a tongue issue. Mine worked fine for 6 months, updated the code to 3.1 and it was working fine for another 2 months.

I just upgraded the firmware to 0.71 and now I'm getting tongue issues immediately. Ball is on the playfield magnet, tongue goes to get the ball, makes contact, but can't pull it in. After playing around with it, I found that the magnet on the playfield is SUPER STRONG as the tongue is trying to pull the ball away. That's the problem. That playfield magnet should be turning off when the tongue grabs the ball.

Since I didn't have this problem until I upgraded the firmware, I may switch back to 0.57 today and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Same with the screen going black. That wasn't an issue at all until I updated the firmware. Now it happens once every three starts of the game. I suspect the 0.71 firmware is to blame.

#12701 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

So I have a had this game for a couple of months now, after waiting over a year to get it an LV...nothing but problems.
I have yet to play a single fully working (3 ball) game.
I have REALLY lost faith in this machine and company and am tempted to cancel my Queen LE (which was guaranteed to ship in 2022 but still hasn't).
I have been seeing a lot of Aliens for sale on the market over the past few months and am now wondering if it is due to the build quality (or lack thereof).
Unfortunately, this was the most anticipated pin I have ever bought and unquestionably, the biggest lemon.
If you are thinking of buying one, think twice.
A bunch of things have already been fixed, including replacing the main cpu motherboard, but I'm still stuck with issues.
At this point I'm trying to fix;
-the alien jaw
-the alien magnetic rod
-the non registering APC drop targets
-the Hypersleep ball lock
Since none of these have ever worked for me I don't even know what is supposed to happen in regards to the Hypersleep ball lock.
If I get a ball in the lock, it registers the ball, but nothing happens. The ball just sits there and after a while the machine starts searching for a ball, which it can not find and then it just counts it as a ball drain and starts the next ball…
I have asked Pinball Brothers support multiple times as to what is supposed to happen, but the guy refuses to tell me;
I even emailed this to him;
"WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!?!?
I have asked you this question 3 times now, could you please just answer it?
Should another ball be launched?
Is the ball supposed to be ejected back out of the lock?
Is the lock supposed to raise?"
So, could someone here possibly tell me what is supposed to happen before I take an axe to this thing and use it as firewood!?
So frustrated...

The jaw and rod issues are something that's been happening with the latest code update. I didn't have a single issue with code 2.6 and 0.57. When I upgraded, those things were problematic. I haven't downgraded yet as I keep waiting for an update to fix these issues, but I may downgrade soon.

The drops didn't register for me until I adjusted the switch.

Hypersleep: does the lock mechanism work? Can you get it to do anything in test mode? If it registers the ball and the mechanism works... I'm totally lost as to what that could be...

1 week later
#12888 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I need a new spinner. Can anyone confirm if this is the right one?
https://www.pinballlife.com/desegastern-narrow-spinner-515-7088-00.html

Just an FYI to anyone else searching, this is indeed the correct spinner to buy if you need a replacement.

#12952 1 year ago

I'm excited to try this update. The tongue hasn't worked very well since the last update, it kept loading with a black screen, and it kept resetting if anyone did good enough. Started to look like a lemon.

This update is supposed to fix all three things. If so, BEST UPDATE EVER!

EDIT: It fixed all three things. The Xeno magnet worked 100% of the time (10 in-game tests) and the Xeno tongue also worked all 10 times, and not only did it work but it was smooth as hell and it released the ball perfectly every time. Game booted with no issues, didn't get a black screen, and zero resets mid-game.

GJ guys. This is the best update yet. Nailed it!

#12990 1 year ago
Quoted from Sknee543:

Alien SV owner here and updated to 3.2 and firmware at 0.71. I don’t see any improvement with Xenomorph or black screen (to me it got worse).
Black Screen: had to restart 5-6 times today before it kicked on. Didn’t have this problem with 3.1.
Xenomorph: grinding sound still happening during initial calibration - is this normal? Also, jaw remains open sometimes during ambush multiball but then closes when ball drains. Normal? I haven’t had any improvement on magnet catching ball and Xenomorph eating it. Sometimes the tongue comes out and eats it (sometimes magnet doesn’t grab ball but tongue comes out, sometimes tongue and/or mouth doesn’t open at all and multiball starts). It actually seems like the code updates have made it worse. Am I missing something? I’ve reloaded the code update a few times to see if that helps.
Also been seeing error a lot in all Xenomorph tests (see pic)[quoted image]

This is weird. All these issues were fixed when I updated it.

I wonder if I would do a fresh install. Just delete all updates or reset the machine -- however it works -- and then try 3.2 and 0.71. The updates are night and day difference for me.

#13003 1 year ago

Just played a tournament with Alien for 2.5 straight hours of constant play yesterday. Not a single issue. The new code is excellent.

I didn't tell a single person about the tongue working (nobody had seen it work before) and everyone was awestruck.

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So if you get one of the latest built SV’s is everything fixed or you would suggest just getting an LV? Looking for input because I’m considering buying one

I have the SV, and though I'm jealous of the LV owners, you can buy two LED light strips , fix them to the GI, and velcro them to the apron to get that playfield lighting with all the effects and everything. The way if flips and feels is exactly the same as the LV, as I've played them both. The LED strip is a $15 add-on and it'll light up the playfield just fine. You could also buy the apron mod for 650 and it does the same thing (which is what I did).

I'm more of a player than collector. I purchased a used SV for 8k and I'm delighted to have it. The 3-4k I saved buying a NIB LV is used towards other pins. I'd make the same decision all over again. My game is on location at The Pinball Co-op for everyone to play it. Putting an LV in that spot would make no difference. If you're only looking to play the game, SV is fine.

If I was a collector and I knew I was going to keep this game for 5-10 years, I'd splurge the extra on the LV. If I had extra money to burn, I'd also get the LV.

Why not buy used?

#13033 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would love to see where to get the led strip to light up each side of the pf and where you plug it in. The beacons and extra lighting make the LV look nicer but for just over $200 you can make the SV look much better.

Yeah me too, lol. I saw it on a youtube or FB video well after I purchased the apron and I thought "Well, damn. I could have done that!"

That was a while ago. I've looked at so many videos since then, I can't find it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.