IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Tbh I really don't see them adding that much in to the LV, because the SE is really loaded IMO, I would say for sure the powdercoat, probably HD glass, I wish a bigger backbox screen but that would take a redesign of the translite and the backbox to fit it in, like a JJP machine. I think you'll get the added figures (dolls), the only topper I see them adding is the beacons and maybe some art blades. Realistically that's what I think will be included, I hope I'm wrong but that's my prediction. Oh and maybe a numbered plaque.

If that is all they are adding then the value is not there. Lets go through the prices of what you suggest and I'm quoting generous retail prices.

Powdercoat $200
HD Glass $300
Bigger Backbox screen $300 less when you subtract out smaller screen
Dolls $100
Beacons topper $400
Shaker Motor $150 I added that over what you suggested

TOTAL $1450 which is a far cry from the $2200 over the SE

Which leaves $750 left over...Playfield screen, internal cab lighting like GnR?

I am really hoping the LV will wow us all, they certainly have the leeway for it.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do think the turret gun stuff should be like the 3 rows lights below it...dark rather than bright white

I agree. The plain white does seem out of place compared to the rest of the playfield and overall mood that the game is trying to achieve.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Here's a question for you Iceman, Alien or Elvira3? I loved my Elvira, but just sold it, and am thinking of putting the money toward an Alien. What do you think?

Ice can now be classified as a pinball "influencer".

2 months later
#492 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Whats up people. Just heard the first batch of Machines just arrived in Pennsylvania. I am in for an LV. I wonder how much longer we have to wait for those.

Where did you hear this, that and those things.

2 months later
#805 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So again, I'm thrilled to see this game getting made and I absolutely wouldn't mind owning this game a third time. But I just got a chance to see that new video by BlackFlag, and thanks again for making that video! Really excellent quality video!
That said, I had to stop watching it.
I'm surprised that no one has brought this up already...
(Then again, maybe the gentleman playing the game did bring it up, but unfortunately, I don't speak French so I couldn't understand any of the language, and that's my bad)
Starting around their second game, at ~48:12 and just about every game forward (and at one point just about at every ball moving forward), multiple balls kept getting inappropriately shot into the trough and ejected out into play. Sometimes two balls, sometimes a third ball, one time all the balls just kept getting ejected out almost as if it was a multi-ball, but it wasn't. Personally, I couldn't even watch this any longer. I remember this happening on my first game. So absolutely frustrating. I ended up changing out the balls thinking that they were magnetized and to be honest, that helped. But this is a brand new game for these guys....so, if thats the case (magnetized balls), how could they be magnetized already during the first week or so of ownership? Maybe it's some type of opto problem? But I wouldn't think so because when you watch this happen, sometimes there's a ball already in play hitting switches, it's not like it inappropriately registered an early drained ball (as you don't see the scream again clip when the next ball gets shot out).
Yeah, that's a problem...
If that was happening to me on my first week of ownership of a brand new game, Id be so disappointed. I hope they get that sorted out, and I'm sure they will.
Another issue I noticed was at ~44:35, at a point where the xeno required more hits, activation of the magnet and the magnet tongue coming out and grabbing the ball, etc... the ambush MB started randomly after he hit the scoop for no real reason at all. Yeah, that's not right either.
I hope they get these key problems fixed/addressed sooner than later. Again, per report, it seems as the customer service at PB is very good, So I'm sure these issues are being noted and worked out.

Good eye, hopefully its something simple like a trough switch stuck closed or something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=SuperPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.