IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RussG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Craig streams the new 2.2 code update for Pinball Brothers Alien

Craig has been great and the best resource we've had highlighting this game.
I personally am not too ready for my Q2 release until PB get some more kinks worked out so the game comes with these known issue fixes implemented. I thank Craig and others for there front line work getting this all worked out for the rest of us.

2 weeks later
#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While I don’t own an Alien pin, I thought I would revisit the Alien and Aliens movies back-to-back tonight since my family is out of town. I haven’t seen either since the ‘80s, so I queued up the director’s cut of each and had a 4-1/2 hour Alien marathon.
So much I can say, but I’ll leave it at both of these movies stand the test of time. I had forgotten so much about the storylines and details. If you’ve not taken the time to watch them in some time, I highly encourage doing so (and be sure you’re in a dark room for both the suspense factor and the overall dark settings of both films).

I watched both recently too.
Great movies, although I don't think the second Aliens stood the test as well with the marines.
But, both are awesome movies.

Hudson: "I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!"

They need to put as many of the great sayings in this game with subsequent updates!

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Very much agreed. This game need more quotes and sounds from both movies.

Has anybody else had issues with a lot of the end of ball quotes getting muted. I thought this was fixed in the latest software but mine still does it quite a bit.

Have you reached out to PB about both of these? End of ball quotes or random quotes from the movie/s injected into game play for appropriate modes would send this game to the ultra cool stratosphere.
If not I would please ask you do. I still haven't received my game.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I haven't tried it yet, but if you want different quotes, my understanding is you can just update the OGG files. Maybe add Ripley calling MUTHR a bitch??

Yeah! MUTHR you bitch!

And fighting the queen in Aliens, "Get away from her you bitch!"

1 week later
#1839 2 years ago

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.
Did the game come with the latest code or did you have to update?
Any drop or skinny target issues?

How would you rank fit and finish quality and look?

Thanks again.

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just talked to Cato today and asked him, he told me soon as there has been a delay from the supplier. Like everything else nowadays
He did want me to give a big shout out to the programmer and he said to tell you all Hi.
This is a direct quote from Cato at Pinball Brothers.. "Brian Dominy is a super star in programming, I have a hard time putting words to how great a man Brian is, he is a real commodity. And we are so happy that he cares about Alien as we do. So I think all the credit should go to our dear Brian."
I think we're all lucky to have great guys like this who are as passionate about Alien as we are and want it to succeed.

I've met Brian a few times at pinball events.
He's a nice guy. I can't wait to get my machine.
Thanks all who are giving inputs to PB and helping with fixes and helping others out.
You are so appreciated. This is a great community!

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Anyhow, those are more Cons than Pros, don't get me wrong, I love the game and it exceeded my expectations.

dri did you communicate these issues with PB or open any tickets?
If PB hasn't been made aware I sure would appreciate this. Thank for all your insight and communication as with other great pinsiders on here. I really appreciate it and I know others who have been waiting do too.

1 week later
#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I’m an early order Q2 (Dec 2020) and have been informed mine is among the 44 being built right now that will ship soon.
That works out fine for me as that gives me 4-8 weeks to prepare. Hoping this batch gets the latest tweaks to make the game more reliable.

How did you find out this info about yours being built?

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Have you been invoiced for the full dealio yet?

You asking me or cleland?
Me? No.

#2235 2 years ago

Hopefully you 1st rounders are all creating tickets on all these things so they are triple checked on subsequent batches.
You all are our quality controllers and we love you for it. Thank you so much.

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

One thing I would recommend is to check the post directly in front of the upper right flipper. I noticed it moved a little after about a week of play so I added some loc-tite and reinstalled it. About a month or so later, I noticed it was coming loose again. There is a t-nut in the bottom of the playfield and it is located under the flipper plate mech. After digging further into it, it appears there is only a few threads that make contact with the t-nut. I grabbed a Bally Williams post, another washer, and a low profile locknut and replaced the stock PB post and t-nut. As you can see from the pic, this could get pretty bad if it is loose as the post takes a lot of direct hits. The wear from the old washer is covered by the new washer I installed but thought I would share this so others could check and adjust as need.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for this. This should probably be done immediately when getting the game.

Thanks for all your inputs!

#2324 2 years ago

I had a set of each of these in my inventory in waiting. Ha!
But thank you.
What balls are you all using? Standards, right? Not super shineys, because of the magnets in the game?

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Whilst I wait for the new topper...
[quoted image]

Ha look! Your cat wants to play Jonesy!

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally got my shipping notice from Fedex.

When did you order Zablon?

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Someone should start a key post that's a running list of updated parts we early adopters need to request.

Yes great idea. Also a repository for game and hardware fixes of known issues. All in one place. Unless there already exists such a thing.
That would really be helpful to people who haven't received their machines yet.

Is PB listing these helps/fixes anywhere on their website or online?

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone know why PB doesn't recommend using microfiber cloths on the pf? Seems like an odd thing to call out.

What are they recommending then?
Terry cloth for wiping and waxing?

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

What was lighting the egg in the BG originally?
Anyone have a picture?

#2723 2 years ago

Has anyone installed this yet?
I appreciate the listing and information but I have a few questions please:
Do you have to strip most of the playfield?
There is an adhesive to this?
Even though this is a different material than Mylar can it haze up and does it make the ball behave differently? Thank you so much.

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Any alien owners working on or have solved the beacon topper mod yet? Since the game is in the wild now i figured someone was tackling this issue?

I already picked up an aftermarket beacon for my game when it eventually arrives. It is 12V.

If the current game doesn't have an input for this now or for future connectivity does anyone have suggestions on how to power it?
Thanks so much.

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I highly recommend these to protect the sides when lifting any Playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I picked up these also based upon the recommendations of Craig from Hurry Up Pinball.
I haven't used them yet since my game hasn't arrived but they look quality and I wonder how I lived without these for all these years. :-/

#2858 2 years ago

Is everyone even those that put in a $1 intent bound by the increased price ?
That sucks if so.

#2883 2 years ago

Has the LV been revealed yet?

#2940 2 years ago

Let's not crap all over those that are excited about the LV.

If you're happy with what you have, great. If you are excited about the LV, then great.

I'll be happy when I receive my SV.

I'll be happy when we get a beacon firmware upgrade and also can install inner art lit blades.
Hopefully they offer both options to SV owners.
I think many can agree!

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nobody is wrong here indeed It’s still an opinion that the marketing was bad. No fact! I liked the reveal!

You like the reveal? Please be specific of what you liked about it.
I have no dog in this hunt but I am curious.

There was no game play shown. No videos or really good pictures. What was so good about it?
Curious.

Thank you.

#3193 2 years ago

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Alien pinball!

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I had posted awhile ago, but I'm probably going with this combo that Robertstone0407 did for another game. Should look nice on my Alien SE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/9#post-4093157

Looks good! I bet pictures don't do this powder coating affect justice!

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Smell of house, gnocchi , fettuccine , spaghetti
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know what looks better the gnocchi's or the Alien pin!

#3234 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not until fedex picks it up from CT and they reach out to you to schedule.

Are we all talking about Q2 SV units?

#3245 2 years ago

In addition to shipping delays and whatnot I've been thinking of cargo ships crossing the Atlantic as these hurricanes are moving north in the central Atlantic.

That cannot be helping shipping either right now.

Literal and figurative perfect "storm" happening with shipping and freight across the board! I heard yesterday USPS raising prices on mail/freight and slowing deliveries also until after Christmas time. Lovely huh?

Great times we are all living in right now!

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

If helps I ordered/ was confirmed Feb 16 and no invoice yet

Mine Feb. 22 and no invoice or notice yet either.
I guess we're still a couple of months out.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Bumped led brightness to 7 and increased center magnet 20% . Noticeably better alien ball capture and lighting pops in dimly lit room. Fun great feels good finally having it dialed in.

This is good info like some others have relayed their settings. Maybe we can get another posting on where most are putting their various settings at with the latest code. What is the latest code by the way?

What is the default brightness for the LEDs?
Thanks!

#3320 2 years ago

TinyBlackDog, very impressive. Thank you for the updates and commentary.

1 week later
#3427 2 years ago

What is the warranty on this game?

#3553 2 years ago

I received a balance due (Pay Invoice) from Cointaker about 30 minutes ago on my SV.

I ordered mine Feb. 22 of this year so I am Qtr. 2 batch.

Can you good gents tell me now what to expect and do you think my unit is on a ship now or not yet?
How would I find all this information out without calling and bugging Melissa? I have an invoice number.
Fixes for my unit? You think this invoiced batch has all the fixes listed above?
Thanks all so much. You guys have been amazing on all of this and I am happy you are part of this great hobby.

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone thought about one of those holo fan topper things for this? Backbox is low enough I'm considering it, but honestly haven't seen many people claim to have them. (the ones with the spinner LED that you can program with animations).

Send a link or picture what you are talking about please. Thanks!

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Got my invoice today as well, and I was an August Q3 order. Must be a ton of these coming in.

Melissa said 2 containers on the water right now. One coming in Nov. 11th and another 2 weeks later. She said she hopes they will soon start LV production.
She said she'll have ship info out soon.
We'll see. Best of luck everyone. Exciting times!

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

thank you for the reply.. while i wait for my machine to come (in usa on 11/11 i think), i have been hoarding fixes/mods, getting prepped for any issue that may arise and such.. I believe i am sitting pretty. PB emailed me yesterday and all items they have service fixes for in their support page are supposedly implemented on these to include the Gen 3 targets.
I am optimistic.

I hope you are right. I hope many of the issues of the next 2 batches are mostly worked out. It would sure be nice.

#3598 2 years ago

Excellent posts everyone. Thank you.

Are people on here most in the camp of putting playfield protectors on their game or not?
I see dimpling which I know will happen and the game should be played but at the same time I'd hate to see this beautiful playfield get all dimpled and mucked up. It is an investment as well as a playable piece of art.
I'd also hate to change the dynamics of play as protectors change the way the game plays and feels and the ball tends to react or spin differently.
Thoughts on this?
Who has done this and would you recommend? Does the game seem different after the playfield protector is on it?

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I installed a playfield protector and plastic protectors. I had already cracked a plastic by the recharge switch before putting on the plastic protectors. PB gave me a new replacement plastic.

How does it play to you after the protector? Does it feel different to you?

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Which (link/where) plastic protectors? Thanks!

Sorry these:

Playfield Protector

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/tdg0tgaMYkejcsVCkPZF1w

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The way I've added subs to all my games is to just attach the wires to the actual sub speaker connectors. It is the easiest / reversable way and doesn't impact anything since external subs are powered. I have not had any experience with pinwoofers, so I cannot speak to that.

Are you using subs like Polk Audio PSW10's?

#3629 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm definately getting old. I personally thought this game had a great sound package and more then enough base. Base almost eliminates any need for a shaker.

I don't think most of the people in this thread are talking about adding subs to Alien but perhaps I am wrong. I'm not planning to at least. Was just talking about how to connect in general.

I've added subs on a few other games but not many.

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Some news about Alien: Awakening or Covenant 2?

What do you mean by this?

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Just to add the obligatory "get away from her you bitch" and some Newt lines really. They could have used some more Lance Henrickson lines too.

Do they have the "nuke from orbit" line from Michael Biehn from Aliens, "only way to be sure" in the game?

Also, "Mother, you bitch!"

And the line, "You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them f'ing each other over for a goddamn percentage."

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Another issue I recently found with mine that I think was contributing to a lot of my problems was a bad power cable. The cable that goes from the power input to the power supply box (black box on the right under the playfield). This cable was bad and I replaced in on Saturday. I was playing and suddenly completely lost power. At first I thought it was a fuse, but it was definitely this cable. This was definitely a cable manufacture problem. I've never seen one of these cables fail like this.

That is freaking insane. Talk about a real screw up in the manufacturing process of junk.
Thanks for alerting. Hopefully this is all worked out too.

By the way like the Tempest in the background.

#3716 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Got the new targets installed tonight and played a few hours. This game is absolutely mesmerizing. The atmosphere is spot on. I only wish my hands could take more hours playing Man they hurt.

When did you originally receive your SV machine?

I am very happy you're enjoying it and love the theme. I can't wait for mine.

1 week later
#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Is there another container that's already inbound and docking soon, or just this one?

Yes as far as I was told. One was inbound for 11-11 and one for 11-15. Things could have changed but we'll see.

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Vienna express departs Spain for NYC today.. due at NYC on 11/11. 4 days customs and shipping to Cointaker on 11/15. i think it is only 1 shipment. I posted the ship details in here earlier somehwere.

This was what I received from Melissa 13 days ago when I asked:

It will be 4 weeks…it is on the water, I will have ship info shortly.

Thank you…we now have 2 containers on the water..one will hit port on Nov 11th…and one about 2 weeks later…so they are building quicker..

I’m hoping they build some LV’s next..

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm, I had a good time at Chicago Expo. What was the supposed letdown?

Yeah why was Chicago supposed to be a letdown? I didn't know.

By the way great looking games there! Best of luck!

#3876 2 years ago

I haven't received my SV yet but would like to attempt a poll:

Who's using Update 2.3 and getting successful results?

Who's using 2.2D still?

Who's using 2.3G?

It will be interesting to get results for this.
Thanks.

#3938 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just like waiting for art blades from tilt graphics - they printed a shipping label on 11/1 and still hasn't hit the post office.

Which art blades? Thanks.

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got a metal post in my care package. Is it just a back up or does it go somewhere?

Probably the metal post that goes in front of the right upper flipper.
The depth of the original wasn't deep enough and caused the post to move around when hit by direct shots and possibly chip or pool that area of the playfield.
The post you got was probably that replacement.

1 week later
#4063 2 years ago

This question surrounds call-outs and game play completion.

Is the code on this completed other than versions that repair game play issues?
In other words is the game complete as far as all modes, play, sounds, videos and issues or is it still an evolution process?

If it is still evolving then do we know when it will ever be complete and we will have a game that is 100% playable from beginning to end?
Is the game basically still shallow and you are constantly repeating the same thing OR is it still evolving and growing?
People keep talking about adding sounds, call-outs, and videos. That interests me a lot.

I recently met one of the programmers who was with Heighway and is now working with PB on this. He's a great guy and I hopefully will be able to talk with him as I receive my machine and get inputs from him.

At the time I did not think to answer this question even though I think I know the answer.

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I guess I'm biased, but I don't think Alien gameplay was ever shallow. Lots of modes that are all quite distinctive, lots of multiballs that are all quite distinctive, lots of side features (things like weapons, Host Bonus, Rescue), and so on. And I suspect most players won't reach All Out War too often.

I was asking if it's shallow. I didn't get mine yet and never played it so I don't know.

How many modes and video clips for those modes you think there are in total?

Thanks!

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

OMG so freeking stoked for this.. waiting for the scheduling email/call as i type!!

Me too Baggerman! It seems you and I have been discussing this for a while on here waiting!

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

BTW, V2.4 of the code is rock solid for me. +30% on the centre magnet and +30% trough works best on mine.

Thanks for this!

For us mere mortals who still are awaiting the arrival of our game can there be a general posting of settings we should apply out of the gate on our games that works best? I guess updated code doesn't always auto change the magnet strengths, etc., on the game?

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Once the shipping notices start coming in here, to avoid some people getting discouraged, someone said there was a second cargo vessel coming in behind this one about 2 weeks later. Is that still correct?

I was told that in an e-mail from Melissa from Cointaker but am not 100% certain that is correct information.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I've been waiting since March. Dear lord am I ready.

Me since February.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Received shipment notification from Cointaker. Looks like all these machines are finally en route to our homes.

I didn't receive anything (notification) either or yet.
I'm curious like the others how you received notification and what the expected delivery date is.

When was your original order placed for the game?
Mine was Feb. 22 and I am expecting mine is with this (your same)group.

Thank you.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Melissa just responded via email and said mine is going out today!

It would be nice if we received some notification that was consistent that way we could plan our delivery and be available at that time.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Same here - what was your PO number that is shipping? Mine is 093133

Good question! Mine is 093115

We'll see what happens. I don't want to deluge Melissa with e-mails so hopefully we'll get some type of notification.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Found my invoice number #16340

You don't have an invoice number that starts with 093?

Glad you're getting your machine! Excited for you.

#4180 2 years ago

Thoughts on mirror blades for Alien?

I know there has been discussion on this. Do you think it takes away from the game or adds to it?

Thanks.

#4195 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

After months of waiting finally the xeno is home.. super excited, now to wait for my son to come home and help me get her in the home.[quoted image]

Congrats! I know you'e been waiting a while!

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Mine is perfect except that they forgot to include the power cord.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So I take it you had a spare cord!?

Looks great! Let us know how it plays and your thoughts please!

#4253 2 years ago

WTF is going on!? Are we going backwards now on the new arrivals?

#4261 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

yep... minor stuff.. this is the only issue i have and i think it is resolvable.. and if it turns out to the cause, once corrected, nobody else will go through it.

Did you also check the post just below your right upper flipper? Do you have the longer post or the shorter old one?
I hope the former!

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone else get theirs with super scratched up ramps?

I haven't gotten mine yet. Hopefully on next ship.
But this sounds like an immediate ticket to Cato.

Others received theirs with bent ramps it seems.

#4298 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Lots of New machines - figured we would be getting error free games by now.

I know this is concerning to me.

Perhaps in a rush to get some machines out, quality control slipped? I know there will be issues but this isn't the news I was hoping for.
And it seems like some problems are all over the place on these new machines older machines didn't experience.

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am that my Alien is unplayable due to malfunctioning flippers. I’ve tried smoothing the bushing which didn’t help, and just about any other thing that I can do. I’m a very competent pinball tech and this one has me baffled. I’m thinking that it may be the nylon piece below the flipper that the shaft pivots on when the coil fires. Not really a serviceable part unfortunately.
Does anyone know if the flipper assembly is unique to Pinball brothers or could it be a Bally/Williams part? I’d love to do a complete flipper rebuild but all I have on hand are Stern rebuild kits.

This sucks. It must be a real let down to get a new machine we've all been waiting on and have a hold up like this or a dead boot screen prevent you from playing. I know everyone is trying to be patient and understanding but it still must be a let down.
I am thankful for the strong community here which supports and helps each other through all of this.
I don't have my machine yet but hope when I do I can help out.

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

If anyone has any experience with the coding and computer on this game I would appreciate some help getting my pinball to work. Tried to reset the original code as per pinball brothers instruction and all I get is error messages and endless reboots or freezing. Not sure if hard drive or code issue. Cato has gone dead silence on me and I now have a $9000 paper weight. Any help appreciated.

I hope you get the help needed. This would be terribly disappointing for any of us to have this happen.
I don't have my machine yet. I hope if you have an open ticket and PB isn't responding sufficiently that the community comes together to help you resolve your issues so you too can enjoy your game like others are.

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Nothing on my end. Paid in full a while back, I supposed to be on the current wave coming in "any day now" as of 11/29. I'm hoping we see something before end of week... but we'll see.

Me too. I was almost expecting to be in the last batch that was recently delivered and was hoping to be on this ship (did it arrive?) but so far nothing yet.
I paid in full Oct. 22.
Ordered my game Feb 22, 2021.

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I don't have any info. Last I heard from Melissa was on 11/29 saying it would be any day now the boat would be in. I don't want to harass her, so I figured I would wait until next week to ask if there is any new news. If anyone knows details, boat names etc. that would be awesome. I would love it if it were coming over on Boaty McBoat.

I agree with you on everything here.
I don't want to harass her either. Hopefully we'll here something soon (some good news that is).

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Actually got my game today !!! Woo Hoo have a few minor issues , ball trough mostly fires 2 balls sometimes and quit launching once ... had to reboot Oh , also had to tap the leg bolt holes .....none of the leg bolts would start everything else seems ok so far

Greatpins I was expecting mine but still no word. Where were you on the invoice #?
Congrats on getting it. You enjoying it I hope!?

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Finally I'm in this club.
Got my Alien SV yesterday and except of some minor sound issues, everything is working perfect out of the box.
Some coil adjustments, that was it.
Installed some mods, including Vimtomans great Motion Tracker.
Couldn't be happier.

Happy for you Slapfighter!
Is that Bishop or Ash ripped in half? I think Ash but looks more like Bishop's face.

Also, how's the motion tracker working?

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I talked to her today and she's not back into the office till Weds. She did say that there is a ship they're waiting on to get into port. She said she didn't have additional details on my particular machine since she's not in the office.

How did you talk to her if she's not in the office? lol
Curious when did you order originally and what is your invoice number if you have it?
I'm curious and expected mine last shipment.

#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Cell phones are a thing.

Someone has her cell phone? Cool if so.
Maybe there are people out there on this topic that know her pretty well and have her cell number.

#4515 2 years ago

If someone reached her through e-mail great. Any updates then?

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I never suggested anyone reached her through email. I sure hope you get your game right away dude.. if not, we will grab our pitch forks and see what we can do for ya! Just having fun.. can tell you're anxious for this pin to arrive already!

I am but not terribly crazy either....yet! LOL

This is a good group of people here and I am happy to be among them.

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Thanks! It was a wild ride when I thought I was finally getting the game; fed-ex flaked on my delivery date.
I had to waste a day off, but I ended up getting the game the next day (today).
If you’re on the fence about getting this game, I say Go for it!
This game is the most immersive pinball experience I've had yet!
So far, the negatives I've experienced are: balls draining sdtm from the scoop, plus the flipper buttons feel “hair trigger light” when I press them, which I don't particularly like (no feed back).
Also, my ramps are scratched, which is a downer.
I'm hoping adjusting the pitch will fix the scoop issue. I may order some different flipper buttons, probably the ones with the spring in them.
So far, I love this game!! (I probably need to update the code as well, I’m on 2.2).

Glad you received your game!
Mine is supposed to be shipped to me Monday or Tuesday of next week so I'm not that far behind you.
Regarding ramps, will they replace these? Does Cato know?

What's the protocol for code and updating? Should everyone go and update to code 2.4 regardless?

And, lastly the flipper buttons. I heard some people on here just replaced the internal leaf switches inside with Bally Williams types and it solved that flipper button issue for feel and sensitivity.

I am happy you love it and I can't wait for mine. Please keep us updated!

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ok, so can someone splain to me how that image translates into LV video coming tomorrow?

Exactly. What am I missing?

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ya now that I look closer you’re right I see the step I didn’t notice it before. They’re also a little short. Now I can’t unsee that and will have to change them , your fault
Would love to see them in both green and black versions

Wait are you both now agreeing that Stern Style Mirror blades actually fit better than the Bally Williams style Blades?
The backs of the Stern's don't have notched backs like the Ballly Willaims and how are the Bally's short - front or back?

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Did Melissa tell you that?

This is getting confusing as F!
From Cointaker seemingly not communicating in a coordinated fashion to different people hearing different things it's crazy.

Did he mean Stern Godzilla Premium was delayed or Alien SV?

I wish we had a place to go to find out if our units were indeed in production, completed, shipped, and waiting for Sigourney Weaver to off loader it at Cointaker! Please!!

#4712 2 years ago

I haven't been thrilled with the communication for a while now.
I paid in full Oct. 21 and was told 2 ships on the water.
One would hit port Nov. 11 and another 2 weeks later.
Mine was on what I thought was the first ship. CT said it was on the water.
Honestly I have no clue what is going on and it is frustrating.

All they have to do is what was suggested:
Have open communication lines through e-mails with customers at a minimum.
List serial numbers and approximations. It's the "nothing" that is bothersome. Just communicate!

I've been told things and that follow-ups would occur and neither happened.

If I ran my business this way I'd be out of business.

I guess it's a different world and we're all part of the problem in this hobby paying for things we've not yet seen or played and we should know better I guess from past nightmare stories of pinball companies and other businesses doing horrid things to their customers.

I have no doubt I'll receive a pinball machine from CT. What condition it is in when I get it or when are the big "what IF's?"

#4723 2 years ago

Can you send us an actual picture of that? Pretty sweet!

#4726 2 years ago

Incredible!

Thank you for sharing.

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I got mine through Nitro who got it from CoinTaker, it was shipped directly from ConTaker to me.

Just curious when did you originally order?
Also what quarter and invoice#?

Thanks.

#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I don’t want to upset anyone but I put my deposit down May 23 had my machine June 30. I can only surmise that Nitro had a certain allotment assigned to them and I was lucky enough to get one of them. I didn’t have a cointaker invoice # since it was purchased through Nitro.

I'm happy for you. I am sure what you're saying is right.
I just wish we knew this so we could expect and plan accordingly.
Some people changed travel plans to be home expecting games to be delivered based on rumor from CT.

My guess is that there are so many pins on each ship and per allotments when they come in they are going out accordingly like you said.
CT should just tell us. That's all we're asking.

1 week later
#4819 2 years ago

I guess I don't understand the whole PB thing with delivering these games.

You have Q1 orders (reservations made in 12-2020) for SV that haven't even been delivered yet. Some Q2's were delivered (reservations made in January 2021)? Some Q2's like mine still outstanding and no word on delivery (reserved mid-Feb. 2021).
I don't know of any Q3's delivered yet we have word that a total paid for an LV reserved late this year is being shipped out Mid January?

Anyone else scratching their head on all of this?

Now, I am fine waiting as long as I get a solid machine with little to no issues out of the box. But this is still confusing how they are doing this.

#4865 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Broke a flipper spring tonight.. will any bally/williams /stern replacement work as a replacement?

I would think so. Not that different.

You must be playing that thing hard! Nice

1 week later
#4979 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup, guess we all need to strap in and wait it out. I was invoiced and paid in full for my SV in September… thought I was in the first boat.. then was told two weeks for the second boat back in November… then nothing from that.
Hopefully whenever it arrives it has all the new shiny fixes!

Same here. I paid in mid October and was told the same thing - then crickets.
I have been very patient but am looking forward to the game.

#5020 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

I paid the same day. I am invoice # 093115 so hopefully ours are together. Saving grace hopefully less problems out of the box. But cannot wait.

1 week later
#5131 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got lucky. I bought both Halloween and Alien this year. Number 50 Alien and number 61 Halloween. Barely had to wait from deposit to delivery on both games. Stern is back logged.

You mean you ordered both games in 2021, not this year.

1 week later
#5323 2 years ago

Wasn't LV246 also mentioned somewhere?

#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

LV-426 was being auctioned off by Pinball Brothers. Specifically just the machine number and associated LV plate, you still had to buy the machine through one of their resellers. Auction ended on 1/22 though and seems like it sold for 10k which is just ridiculous.
https://www.facebook.com/pinballbrothers

Thanks and I was aware of this, but I was talking about the show "The Expanse" mentioning LV246 in the last episode.

#5350 2 years ago

I know I'm about there too. I've been waiting on this and another pin and watching videos and other people playing it I've almost lost interest and believe me I had a ton.
I ordered back in mid Feb. 2021.
It just seems like we are now buying a new car that is 3 years old....like buying a 2019 car off the lot they are calling new. Luster isn't as great as it could have been. Oh well.

#5377 2 years ago

I also contacted Melissa at Cointaker. She called me right back.

This latest shipping snafu was due to the initial shipping company unexpectedly raising their rates and Cointaker having to adjust to get the games using shipping containers (which evidently they weren't doing before?) Who knows.
Anyway, the games (If I can remember the exact number was 46 SV units and no LV units) are at port and expected to be offloaded Feb. 5th and she expects them to get to Cointaker next week. That's the latest story and I have no reason to not believe her. I think she is just as in the dark as we are in many ways.

Please say your prayers, cross your fingers and do your appropriate dances to get these games in our hands.
I've been very patient, ordering my game back Feb. 22, 2021 and my patience and excitement has been waning over the past 2 months.

1 week later
#5495 2 years ago

My concern is games sitting in containers out at sea or in port and the problems that can arise from sitting longer than anticipated or being abused by rushed or overworked freight/dock/shipping companies.
This might be where some of the problems people had arose.

I heard some horror stories of items in containers or on ships months longer than anticipated when they only had enough materials in them to prevent moisture or exposure damage.
We'll see.

I also worry about damage in transit or at ports by sitting or being handled inappropriately.

Perhaps I am just thinking too much.

Either way, I ordered my machine back in Feb. 2021 and was actually expecting it around Thanksgiving time after paying in full mid October.

The joys of the times!

#5569 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Received my alternate 3D translite today!! Going to be a bit of work to get it installed so it will probably be a few weeks before I get time.

Can you please share pictures of the translites by themselves not in the game when you can?
I asked for these from the builder but never received them.
I appreciate it.

#5570 2 years ago

I was in contact with Melissa today regarding my Alien SV and another pinball machine on order from CT.

I told her that replying to this forum was a good move and that many people are concerned and upset. Me included!
I asked her to keep updating us and communicating at the very least on this forum. People want information and have that right.

I hope she keeps responding and it continues!

#5575 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They have the film on them which is not see through. I doubt I take it off until I'm ready to install. He has pics in the thread. What are you wanting to see?
EDIT: I guess the back side is see through but it won't show everything. Quality from what I can see looks good.

Thanks for replying.
I saw the finished product in the game but nothing of great detail. It looks good to me but how can I really tell?

I was hoping to see the front and back translites out of the game so I can see exactly how they look.

#5615 2 years ago

I received my tracking number from Fed Ex and Cointaker today.
I ordered Feb 22, 2021 and paid in full mid October so this is a huge relief.

I am very happy to all you fellow Pinsiders that have your games and are happy and those that also received shipping notifications and updates today for the SV's.

I feel for those still waiting on shipping notifications and others who have their games with critical issues that are unresolved (there are 1 or 2 on here sadly, I think).
I hope everyone gets their machines in good condition and resolves their problems so we all can enjoy this epic themed machine.

Best of luck all!

#5618 2 years ago

Get on the phone with Cointaker tomorrow and don't stop until you get an answer.

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Game over man, game over! Got my tracking information. Ordered 2/16/21. Almost surreal

I know. I ordered mine 2-22-2021 and will be receiving it on 2-22-2022.
Crazy!

#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

woah - how the hell did that come apart - good catch

Bouncing around on a phantom ship for 3 months in the Atlantic crossing meant to be 2-3 weeks turned into what we have.....sigh.
God knows what those games went through on the trip over.

Also, it doesn't say a lot sadly for quality control. How did those slip out, is beyond me.

#5716 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

A quick reload and we're in business. PB service was too notch.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm getting mine delivered today, finally.

What exactly did you do? Boot from a stick? I see version 2.2. How come not Version 2.4?
Thanks!

#5719 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah I just reflashed the system via instructions provided by Cato and then updated to 2.4. working great now.

Awesome!
This was all done online through Cato and the ticket system?

#5728 2 years ago

Received my game today and those that are waiting are going to be very happy.

She was manufactured 11/2021 so for those like me that thought these were made late Sept. or October and sitting long at sea or dock I guess were wrong.

Quality and fit and finish are all top notch. Only issues so far was right side magnet doesn't seem to be working. At least during test it didn't grab.
Anyone else have or remember this as a known issue? Right magnet not center Xeno magnet.

The Xeno makes a lot of noise when in grab mode. Any good fixes for that?

My speakers were connect backwards where left side was coming from right side, etc.,.

Other than that it was an enjoyable unboxing and set up.
It was boxed and wrapped tremendously well and secure and the inside of the box as well as the entire pin was ultra clean!

I am a happy Alien hunter now!

Thanks for any advise or help from fellow Alien owners.

#5729 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hope so! Regardless, PB support sounds great so def. not too worried. But man, now that these are seeing movement again I’m just kind of dying to play mine haha.

Were you able to talk to Melissa and if so what did she say?

If not I would make it a point to attempt to talk to her every day until you do.

Once you get the game you will be very happy.

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

From the machine I received today I have a couple of issues I'm still dealing with, so figured I would share them here:
1. The left spinner switch is DOA. I removed it from the playfield to make sure it was connected. As well as from the board on the bottom of the PF. Connections were solid. No joy in switch test. Interestingly, neither spinner worked out of the box as both switch arms were bent so far downward neither spinner would close the switch. Once I properly bent them upwards the right spinner started working but the left, nah. In switch test I removed the plug from the board and shorted the two prongs, which activated the switch so I think I've satisfactorily narrowed it to the microswitch itself. I opened a ticket with PB.
2. The APC drop targets are a bit inconsistent. During reset about once per game one target won't lock in and it makes it impossible to complete the drops since in the down position if you knock down the other two, it will never be able to register a "drop" on the last remaining target. Additionally, if a ball gets stuck on the top of a drop target, when the machine goes into ball search, it never activates the drops so I had to tilt the the machine to break it loose.
3. The two posts at the top of the orbit are inconsistent. I believe they worked on the first couple of games, but even after a few reboots I don't think they are working now. I say this because it seems anytime you are on a mission that requires you to go into the pop bumpers (Derelict, etc), on a successful orbit shot one of the posts should activate to cause the ball to drop through one of the upper rollovers into the pop bumpers. Otherwise you really have no shot at getting to the pops at all. In my case I made several perfect orbit shots during the Derelict mission (and maybe one of the missions that required pops on the "Aliens" rule set?) and they just continued through the orbit back to bumper.
Having noted these small issues, I'll finish by saying that I have around 70 machines in my collection ranging from classics to the newer Godzilla and Rush. This machine is without a doubt immediately my favorite machine in my collection. The playfield flow, sound and light show (GI is a little dark) is beyond anything I've every experienced. The game is just a blast to play. If they fix these other small software issues, this machine will be hard to top.
Yopp

What's the build date on the back of your machine? Mine was 11/2021.

Someone else asked but what code are you running?

I am experiencing a few issues too. My ball when launched gets to the top then rolls back down into the shooter lane. It does this about 30-50% of the time.
My right spinner doesn't seem to be registering or making any sounds when the ball passes through it. I need to check to see what the problem is.

My orbits go into the pops when needed but a lot of times the ball passes through the pops without any action.

I am going through it little by little.

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I am still waiting, but thrilled to see those who are getting their machines. Thank you for posting QC and feedback. Many have mentioned the dark GI, anyone have thoughts on adding mirror blades to help? I think Pinstadiums would be overkill and want to keep the dark theme going.

I'm adding dark mirror blades this weekend. I'll let you know.

#5782 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Joined the club officially today. Had a little damage on the box which had me worried, but 100% nothing wrong. Lots of padding there around the legs. Had a couple of screws floating around on the inside as well. Did a good survey and can't see anything missing. She looks and plays great! Added a little facehugger dude down by the launch button for extra effect!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wouldn't have been happy to see my box like that! Fortunately mine was near perfect.
But glad no damage.
Did you check the triangle marker on the load side with the blue powder/liquid (whatever it is) to see if it was mishandled?
That was a cool touch to this box and packaging.
They did do a great thing boxing and packaging this thing. Amazing actually.

I couldn't believe how clean everything was inside and out.

#5783 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Quick rookie question here... Angle should be set to 6.5?

I think that is what many are saying.

I haven't set mine yet but will this weekend. Still working out some minor issues.

#5789 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is anyone working with Cliff on protectors for the PB version? I see the HW version has a stack of protection available but nothing for this version.

You talking about the magnets and the Air Lock inlet and kickout?
I want to protect those at a minimum.

Is there any mylar protection at the ramp drops to the inlanes? I didn't see any.

#5827 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

picking one up this weekend. curious how heavy Alien is? Same as a stern or more like TZ

Lighter than TZ.

Not sure on exact weight.

#5839 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Almost there!! Hoping can hack my way through one game before the adjusting and tweaking begins. Here we go…
[quoted image]

Unboxing is fun isn't it!

Mine looked and was boxed perfectly. I have a few issues I need to address but doesn't seem anything major.

I have been so busy can't get back to the game I waited a year for....sucks!

Anyway let us know how it is please.

#5849 2 years ago

A few questions for my sanity.

Is there a sound to the ball launch in game?
When you fire a ball does the game make a sound?

Also what are the graphics on the screen that relate to the launcher being pushed? Any videos online i can look at?
I seem to remember a ship firing it's rockets and launching down to the planet from the Nostromo. Not the Marine drop ship but the one in Alien 1.
Thank you.

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i got rid of the weak flipper feel by installing these... https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html
now it feels beefy.. i like.

I take it these are compatible and not the higher current ones everyone keeps saying won't work or will mess things up?
Because of this I've been afraid to touch anything with the flipper switches.

Thanks!

#5933 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

In addition to the center target often dropping during reset, just discovered another "annoying" issue. Up to now I've pretty much played the machine, then afterwards turned it off. I left it in attract mode earlier today for a few hours, the next time I played the machine it had a random popping and clicking noise coming from the audio during play. I turned the machine off and on and it fixed it. This evening I left it in attract mode for maybe 45 minutes, same thing. It's not terrible, but it IS annoying.
On the drop target I'm thinking about adding some tension to the spring to see if that helps it hold on reset.
EDIT: Figured out the drop target issue. Added some tension to the push spring behind the center target. Holding on reset now.

Regarding the sound I had the same thing happen to me.
Same fix also.

I had mine ship with a right orbit switch not working. That does HAVE serious game repercussions on completing modes.

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone else having their main display go out during attract mode and not come back? I have the same when I boot the game as well, always have to boot it twice.

I think it's an issue PB is aware with some machines and is working on an update fix.
I think it's an issue with the far right HDMI which you can unplug and plug to fix when the head is down and you're facing the back of the machine.
Mine was flakey in the beginning too.

#5989 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

After having this machine at home, while it IS an awesome title (the most immersive title I've ever played in fact), I believe they will have to work out the software bugs before it would be worth the effort to put on location for an operator. Turn it on, play a game, turn it off- it's fine. But I've been letting it sit in attract mode for a few hours at a time for the purpose of testing and several times I've returned to the playfield controlled lamps locked up. The screens were still active but it wouldn't start a game. Also I get that annoying pop and click noise in the audio 100% of the time after letting it sit in attract mode for a while. Otherwise all the mechanics seem pretty solid after a few tweaks here and there. Also still waiting on new Stern flipper switches to replace the flimsy, paltry set that came installed on it.
I just hope they continue to work the bugs out of the software. Even though I doubt I will put this one on location, it would be nice if putting it out for the public is at least an option down the road.

Can you please open a ticket with PB on these issues? Thanks

1 week later
#6083 2 years ago

If they get the game at a discount, then what discount?

Why are they out at the back of the line? That's bad PR and it's not like they are getting it for free.

#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Not enough to fold the company. They've sent thousands of dollars out in parts because they used up all the old faulty ones in the first batches of machines sent out. The discount was $500

$500 in today's crazy world is a joke IMO.

If they're waiting, what price are they getting that $500 discount on? The elevated current price or the original price most of us placed and put a deposit down with Cointaker? That will have a huge bearing.
I see above that a figure of $7350 is given as the discounted price - if that's correct that's not a bad deal right now but these poor people that were screwed by Heighway and are still waiting deserve better, don't they?

hank527 said they should be mixing games in. I agree. That's good PR and shows they want to make it right by past customers.

All in all I think PB is doing a good job and it would be nearly impossible for them to please everyone but right is right.

Does Cointaker have any hand in any of this too?

1 month later
#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello, all! Just got an Alien SV, and am trying to put some LED bulbs (for lighted flippers or to change the color of the coin buttons, for example), and they get smoking hot, to the point that regular 6.3V Comet LED bulbs burn up and smoke out. Even the default incandescent bulbs used in the coin door get super hot. This even occurred prior to trying to tap into the coin door sockets to run flipper lights; when I simply tried replacing the incandescents with LEDs, they were also super hot really quickly.
Anyone else experience this? Am I just not getting standard voltage for these lights like I’d expect from an American-made machine, and I need different/special bulbs, or does this sound like a potential wiring problem?

I believe those coin door bulbs are 12v bulbs.

You need higher voltage bulbs there or they will burn up immediately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RussG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=RussG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.