IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3405 2 years ago

I did the $1k listing a week ago which also included a $6 charge for postage (???) I guess since it is automated as part of their online ordering system. Got an automated receipt. I am assuming I will be after you $1 reservation folks and will not see mine for some time. Would like to know what number on the list I am though.

2 months later
#5050 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah I did the 1K as well.

Me too, back in October - got an automated order confirmation and an order number, but have not heard anything else. Haven't emailed Cointaker but echo others that would love a confirmation of what number in line. Don't want an estimated date as none have shipped yet and who knows really.

1 week later
#5212 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I just heard back from Melissa at CT, I am number #331 on the LV list...I was just curious about where I was in the "pecking" order. I put my 1k deposit down on 4 November 21.

Well that just got me excited - I put my deposit down in early October ...

3 weeks later
#5516 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I just heard back from Melissa at CT, I am number #331 on the LV list...I was just curious about where I was in the "pecking" order. I put my 1k deposit down on 4 November 21.

I emailed Melissa to see where I was at one the LV list - she responded quickly with #354. I am happy to have a number, but put down a deposit a month earlier in October so not sure why my number is higher - I do think the list is somewhat "fluid" and not done exactly in the order of orders received. Still, I am happy to have the number and to get a quick response.

#5529 2 years ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

E-mailed Melissa found out I'm #303,

If I can ask, when did you order?

5 months later
#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Ordered and deposit paid on 02 Nov 2021. #147

I placed my order and deposit on Oct 6th, 2021 - and was told I was #354 - not sure how that works with Coin Taker. No invoice yet...

6 months later
#12682 1 year ago

Got my invoice notice today, holy crap now I have to find a place for it! It has been difficult following this thread and wondering when I was going to get mine. Now I got to go back through the whole thread and make note of all the tweaks/game play hints, etc. Can't wait!

1 week later
#12802 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Played about 20 games and everything else seems legit. LV-353.

I am LV-354 and I paid but havent got a delivery notice - did you get one or did it just show up?

#12811 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Email them for an update.

Quoted from Baggerman:

Reminder... LV Number is not related to build sequence.. they pick a number from a bin and slap in on the pin.
LV200 rolls out next to LV899

I got a notice from Melissa it was in their warehouse and I paid the invoice on the 25th of January, it has only been a week. It has been 15 months so a little longer is no big deal. I just didn't get a shipping notice from FedEx or whoever they are using to get it from PA to IL. and I was just curious if it would just show up or if other people got a notice. I would just prefer not to get home and it has been sitting out in my driveway all day long.

3 weeks later
#13277 1 year ago

Ordered 6 October 2021
Final Invoice 25 Jan 2023
Shipping Notice 24 Feb 2023
Arrived today 28 Feb 2023

Total time 510 days - approximately 1 yr, 5 months to landing. Now I will need to wait until Friday to get it set up, but I think after this long, another couple of days won't hurt

Alien (resized).pngAlien (resized).png
#13279 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Holy crap, wonder why that took so long? Congrats. Enjoy.

Tell me about it. I ordered online from the website instead of calling Melissa direct, I think that caused some delay in processing the order at first. Just the wrong time to order as supply chains issues hampered production. I wasn't really in a hurry at first and was happy to wait as issues got sorted out. I could go on but will leave it at that, just happy to have it home. I think about the Big Lebowski EA folks who are still waiting so 1yr 5mos doesn't seem too bad at all.

6 months later
#14631 7 months ago

Just put Mr_Tantrum 's Apron Cards in. Went with Blue with Blue Text. I think they look great and let me get Sigourney Weaver on the game. Also installed TPMF 's Alien Facehugger Stasis Chamber mod.

20230831_134359 (resized).jpg20230831_134359 (resized).jpg
#14637 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

These look nice. Can they be found on the forum for download?

Pm @mr_tantrum, he makes them. There are some other color choices but I think this looks the best.

3 weeks later
#14825 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After loving Queen as much as I do, I'm seriously contemplating getting an Alien LV...you guys are all still loving yours?

Short answer is yes. It is very engaging and fast. I love it when a pin does the full immersion into the theme. Play this where you can hear the callouts- even better, in a dark room too.

1 week later
#14953 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got my LV today, and this may be a stupid question, but did you all get apron cards in your box, or were they somewhere else in the game? I can't find them anywhere.

Look beneath the fold inside the box of the end you didn't open. If not there, you might not have got them, I didn't. I put in a help ticket and got them mailed to me in just a few days, no problem.

#15030 6 months ago
Quoted from MylesMayhem:

Anybody out there dealt with the in-game LCD showing nothing but static? Sometimes mine does that and I have to turn it off and back on a couple of times to remedy it.

If your little screen has static see if the little screen image is overlayed on the big screen image when this happens. This is a bad connection cable connection, need to reseat the cable. This happened to me, easy fix.

#15264 6 months ago

Well, this was a surprise, not what I thought it would be and I must say I think a great move for PB. I hope they sell a lot and expand our community of owners. This is truly a super value in pinball today.

The artwork is great but I prefer my LV art, so probably won't get a translite if made available. I don't see any blade art either so don't know if there is some, if I like it better and if it goes with the rest of the LV. Regardless, I will be getting the airlock scope (looks awesome) and maybe the topper (price, what it looks like and how it fits in with the beacons. The paint job on the Xeno looks very good, but it seems the only change is the paint job from what I can tell. Might get if it is reasonable priced, or just paint what I have using it as a guide. While I hope Ripley is included in the new software, regardless, very happy to be getting a software upgrade!

xeno compare (resized).pngxeno compare (resized).png
#15375 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I JUST bought my LV for below MSRP.

As an LV owner, I don't feel burned. Happy you got one at a good price.

Some of my machines have gone up in value, some the other way. I have bought 3 nib, they all have gone down. That is ok, it is like driving a new car off the lot. I bought a used Munsters premium at its low, could make good money if I sold now. Less if Stern reissues. Wife says it stays, so it stays. Won't be mad if Stern reissues, more people will find out it is a good pin. If they did a software update for all too - well life in a first world country is pretty good isn't

#15665 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think, something on the metal is sharp and its cutting them.

That's it. It is not the spring, it rubs at the connect point which is a sharp metal V shape. I am softening this edge with something (wrapped wire, epoxy, tape?) - I am sure this will take care of it.

#15669 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Can you use a small, rounded tip Dremel stone to smooth the sharp edges? Or maybe a small Rat tail file?

I think the file will help - too small for the Dremel, except maybe the edges. I will give both a try.

#15686 6 months ago

So I wasn't going to buy the topper but saw it in person at Expo - it is very nice and so I broke down and pre ordered.

Also, the Ripley @ Expo was nice but us stamped pending license approval, but that should be soon. They were playing Ripley mode clips in a monitor above the pins - going to be awesome!

20231020_130812.jpg20231020_130812.jpg
3 weeks later
#16130 5 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Personally I do not really care for the screen.

I have not played the OG version with the screen. I have, however, played the Bond 60th with a playfield screen many times, and to be honest I don't like. At first it distracted me and so now I have somewhat tuned it out. This is not a feature I am interested in any pinball. I do like the airlock screen, however. Not right in my face, off to the side and up off the playfield. I ordered the new surround for it and looked forward to the code update.

As far as the lighting goes on my LV, I love it. I can turn the lights out and still see and play in the dark. My eyes (and me) are getting older and that negatively affects night vision, which is not quite as good as when I was 20. For me, the LV seems perfect for playing with the lights out.

2 weeks later
#16385 4 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Too expenive for a sticker!

It is magnetic, with a metallic layered effect and 3D Art. It looked good in person at Expo23.

1 month later
#17377 3 months ago

Total LV issues: 3
Apron cards missing from NIB - set sent by PB in a few days;
Mini Screen messing up Main Screen - reset cable;
Flipper Spring broke - repaired 5 min

I know I will be replacing targets, switches as part of pinball, but so far not yet, hundreds of games played.

Running current software, enjoying the Ripley screens

3 weeks later
#17755 70 days ago

I ordered October 20th, no invoice yet but sounds like it is coming...

#17767 68 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just paid the topper invoice.

Quoted from LeMansFan:

Also just paid topper invoice.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Just paid the topper invoice.

Me too

1 week later
#17837 60 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I did firmware first then game code.

Me too, but had to hard reboot between (got a USB error just soft rebooting). I didn't notice much difference but played good, no issues.

4 weeks later
#18382 31 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Wife acceptance factor

Quoted from GCS2000:

This is correct or you can call it Wife Approval Factor.

Quoted from punkin:

What a way to live.

Being married is a partnership (at least being married to the same woman for pretty much my entire adult life). I want my wife to be a part of my pinball obsession and so I solicit her input so we can share this experience together. we have a Munsters that she wanted (I like it too, but she says that is bolted to the floor). For that sharing and consideration I have a full time partner, friend, mother of my children, etc etc. and a large pinball collection

As far as Alien goes, it is the only machine in our collection that she has the high score - I have every other score on the board and got within three million of it, got excited and blew it. It is not her "theme" but she appreciates how immersive it is. So yes, what a way to live.

3 weeks later
#18754 4 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I just received my shipping confirmation for the flasher kit, the Xeno head and the screen cover. Looks like they are making progress. I ordered about two months ago.

Just got my notice today. Original deposit was 20 October 2023. Full Payment was February 14th 2024. Apron Decal, mini screen cover and topper. Exciting!

#18760 4 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Interesting to see if you get your full order,

Expected Monday the 22nd - shipping notice from Paypal says all three, but they are just showing the original order, so we will see... Now I am wondering if the topper is coming too... Guess I will find out Monday.

#18763 4 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You won't be getting the topper.

It took 16 months to get my Alien in the first place - I guess seven months for the topper is a big improvement

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=ReadyPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.