IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PunkPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

From what I can put together here... Q1 orders are arriving since June.. not sure if these are Q2 in the ship container or not. Melissa stated that there were 2 shipments inbound. 15 now, then 44 later. She stated that i was in the 44 shipping later, no date. I am a Q3 ship reservation.

I believe only 1 container of Q1 games has arrived, Im in Q1 paid in full since end of May and have not received game or any updates. Hoping mine is in the container being tracked above

#2130 2 years ago

Sounds like Monday is going to be a great day for quite a few people, got delivery set up for mine as well

#2208 2 years ago

Just took delivery on my game as well!! Help getting it in the house can't come fast enough

PXL_20210830_163452769 (resized).jpgPXL_20210830_163452769 (resized).jpg
#2287 2 years ago

Havent gotten as much time on my game as I would like but I am enjoying it so far. Flipper buttons are definitely sensitive and I'll have to look into that, as well as the mother kick out consistency, and sometimes the trough takes a couple tries to kick out a ball.

Biggest issue I'm having at the moment is the game freezing up during a game, flippers continue to work but no points or other functions. Have not opened a service ticket yet going to update to 2.2D code and see if it fixes it

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If you're on 2.2, I'm pretty sure 2.2D will solve your lockup issues. I haven't seen a lockup since installing 2.2B. The only thing I've seen recently resembling a lockup is the ball occasionally goes into the MUTHUR, AIRLOCK SCOOP, or TROUGH and then nothing happens until you hit a flipper button. Then the ball releases. I'm testing a possible fix for this right now, so hopefully that issue will be resolved soon as well.

Quoted from zacaj:

Only thing that seemed to fix my random playfield lockups was some new boards, but I haven't had any issues with that since.

Thanks for the info guys, will start with the code update and hope for the best. Of course it had to lock up on me after a ball 1 that was better then any total score I've put on the game so far

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Hmm, my ACNC has been super solid, other than 1 servo that was DOA when I unboxed the game.

Mine has been pretty reliable as well, just some minor tweaks and adjustments

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a video of that upper playfield magnet in action? Does it freeze the ball to setup for the ball lock shot?
Thanks

I've had it grab the ball and set up for a lock shot but I've also had it throw the ball back at the flippers

#2500 2 years ago

Did everyone get a confirmation email when they signed up for the fresh desk? I'm trying to submit a ticket but can't get logged on

#2513 2 years ago

Not getting a lot of action from my spinners, planning to see if I can make any tweaks to them or the switch arms.

Anyone had to make adjustments also?

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My left one is a little hard to spin at times. My ACNC does the same thing.

I used a tiny bit of zoom spout oil on a toothpick on my ACNC and my spinner really cranks now, on my alien they are really tight, even getting stuck upside down sometimes

#2643 2 years ago

While I had my playfield up today noticed my left up post sticking slightly above playfield. The nut for the adjustment screw it too thick preventing the post from adjusting lower, have not mentioned the issue to Cato yet so they can make adjustments on the line but I'm adding it to my list for my service ticket

Everyone might want to check their posts as well

PXL_20210917_021618340 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021618340 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021749140 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021749140 (resized).jpg
#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

While I had my playfield up today noticed my left up post sticking slightly above playfield. The nut for the adjustment screw it too thick preventing the post from adjusting lower, have not mentioned the issue to Cato yet so they can make adjustments on the line but I'm adding it to my list for my service ticket
Everyone might want to check their posts as well
[quoted image][quoted image]

My temporary solution was to move the nut further down the screw to the bottom of the bracket

PXL_20210917_030448529 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_030448529 (resized).jpg
#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

I have been getting the ball stuck in the ailien’s jaw sometimes. It will finish the multiball and I will have drained all balls except this one. It is only in ball search that the alien drops the ball through the bottom of mouth. Then it just continues play on that ball. Running 2.2D and everything else is working with the alien picking up the ball.
[quoted image]

I have gotten this a few times since updating as well. I think the gear is slightly slipping sometimes. There is a thread on the support desk showing how to tighten the set screw on the gear I haven't done it yet but I'm going to start there

#2764 2 years ago

Rumors of doing Queen after alien. Designed by Barry Osler for Heighway

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from ob1forever:

And Cato is awesome at Pinball Brothers...Just waiting for the list of items I'll be able to add to my Standard.
Pinblades, Shaker, Beacon Lights!

I just started working back and forth with Cato and have to agree he has been great. His service alone might be worth the increase in price.

Been very happy with my game so far

#3158 2 years ago

Looks like only 1 ramp, lots of single drop targets blocking shot paths and upper right playfield.

Should be interesting looking forward to seeing more. Wonder if it's also a widebody..for the fat bottom girls

1 week later
#3386 2 years ago

Got my package of parts today.. all new targets, flipper coils, scoop protector, post, wiring and a board... Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

Did not get the replacement flipper bats I requested so I'll have to follow up on those

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Fortunately it is the easiest pinball machine I have ever had to do work on...

I'll second this, game is very easy to work on..

On the other hand pulling out the playfield is a little bit of a grinding struggle. Every other game I have slides so much smoother.. anyone come up with anything to make the slide out easier?

1 week later
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My main issue is with the APC drop targets. Software constantly stops recognizing hits.

Someone here also posted about the drop target coil shifting and transferring the power through the bracket because coil doesn't have a tab to hold it in place. Zip tied coil in place to prevent

1 month later
#4059 2 years ago

Still need to get some more games in on 2.4 to feel it out but seems like a nice update so far, great work by Cato and team.
I did end up decreasing the left eject 20% to get a smoother feed. I'm also still getting some inconsistent drop target resets even after putting a ziptie on the coil so I upped the power 20% on that to see if it helps.
The Xeno grab does seem to be improved but still only grabs about half the time or so on my machine

1 week later
#4266 2 years ago

My hyper sleep ramp looks to be the same but I don't seem to be having reject problems.. it is a tough shot but I have gotten a little better with it after having the game for a few.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Found the problem with my dead sling shots.
Both had wires broken from the coil.
This may be why flippers are weak for some also.
These 2 will make 3 that I have had to re-solder. [quoted image][quoted image]

Had one of mine come off an half the tab had broken off with it. Had enough to resolder but will have to keep an eye on my other coils

1 month later
#5056 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you earn xtra balls?

Complete 3 life cycles will light extra ball, not sure if there are other ways

3 months later
#7179 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

What game is this? (Not Alien rt, there's no drop targets)

APC drops on the right side

1 month later
#7921 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Spinner issue
Spinner does seem to like to center after used. Tried adjusting switch arm and tuning everything...anyone having the same issues?

Right spinner arm can slightly catch on the plastic, try shifting it to the left to help clear it

1 month later
#8428 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:Any secret to hitting that Hypersleep shot?

What pitch is your game at? I've read where too much pitch can make the already difficult shot even harder

1 month later
#9295 1 year ago

Been running on 2.4 for awhile without issue and hadn't had much time so been hesitant to update but think I'm going to go ahead an go to 2.8 today.. is a factory reset still suggested before updating?

#9357 1 year ago

2.8 running well on my game but I'm getting inconsistent drop target resets now even at +50% power. Had them working flawlessly on 2.4

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

are you sure that’s not too high? They may be bouncing back down. If it needs +50% to reset them there must be another issue causing binding

I increased it slowly while testing it. On 2.4 I had it set at +20% with no issues, I'll be lifting playfield tonight to check for any issues with the mech, hasnt been touched it in months since I got it working properly on 2.4

#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

For what it's worth, 2.8 didn't change anything related to drop reset.
When it happens, I'm curious if you hear the coil trying to reset them.
The other possibility is one switch isn't registering, so when it's down the game doesn't know that, and won't even try to reset them.

I can't hear the coil over the game but see the targets shift slightly (less movement then in brado426 video) like an attempt was made and the lights reset to the unhit state so I believe the switches are activating properly

#9417 1 year ago

Other then my drop target issue I have not had any other issues or lock ups in 2.8, but have not had any multiplayer games yet.
Interestingly enough I went back and installed 2.6 to get the LV attract video and had a lock up within the first 2 games

#9428 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i had this issue.. mine was caused by a rough edge on the plate that resets the drops rubbing "hard" on the frame of drop target. I sanded smooth..smeared 1 drop of sew machine lube in area and has not happened again..

Followed this advice and set my drop target back to factory power and so far have not had any resets miss.. will be keeping an eye on it..

One thing to note I noticed before taking the plate off the plunger had a lot of play back an forth which could have created binding, when I reinstalled I pushed the plate toward the mech when I tighten the screw which seemed to help with the back an forth slop of the plunger

#9615 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

We were talking about weak Drop Target reset earlier. Months ago, I put a zip tie on the coil to prevent it from turning and causing the lugs to short against the frame. I took my drop targets out again and examined and found that it is still possible for the lugs to intermittently touch the frame. I think this could cause an intermittent weak coil fire for sure. I put electrical tape over the lugs like you see in the picture and it has been working perfectly for 3 days. Since it is an intermittent issue, it is still too early to tell for sure... but so far so good.
My machine is one of the first 20, so I think Pinball Brothers probably already addressed this on any newer machine... but I'd recommend checking your drop target lugs and insulating them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I did the ziptie on mine as well, will look into any potential chances to still short. My drops have been solid since I smoothed out the edge of the plate like Baggerman suggested and adjusted the plate to reduce slop.

Newer machines should already have the coil flipped over from the factory like in the service update. I might eventually get around to flipping mine if the problem comes back

1 month later
#10370 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm confused about the update. I'm currently at 2.4. the instructions make it sound like I just need the 3.0 delta update. But the file is only 399kb. There is an archive of 2.6 that is 100 times bigger.
Am I confusing how the delta update works?

2.6 had some of the additional feature options in it for the LV (attract mode, staged flipper)

The update will only affect what has been changed in the code so you can go up to 3.0 from 2.4, You just won't have those additional features unless you install 2.6 first. I had this when I installed 2.8 and then tried to use the LV attract mode and my screen went black. So I installed 2.6 and then 2.8 again and it functioned properly

#10423 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

They aren’t touching any plastics. It is only when the bottom of the spinner points to the flippers that it rejects. It almost seems like the wrong sized spinner in design. If you have more detail on what you did it would be appreciated!

Adjust the wire by bending the two arms forward or backward (toward or away from the
Player) until the spinner rests more vertical

#10432 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understood you have to load 2.6 then 3.0.
Yes no?

2.6 had the LV features in it (attract mode, stagged flippers)
You can skip it and go to 3.0 but won't have those features that were in the 2.6 code (also why it is so much bigger)

#10462 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Anyone experience the ball getting stuck in the Xenos mouth when the rod picks up the ball? Happens 1 out of every 8 games, buy non magnetic balls?
[quoted image]

Had this happen on my game before, as the rod retracts there is a groove the switch arm falls into and opens, adjust the arm to stay closed slightly longer so the rod retracts far enough to knock the ball off

I think there was a video someone made I watched at the time but I can't find it right now

#10478 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I've noticed since 3.0 my left Xeno target seems tied to the right weapon target at the airlock. If it's off that target is off. If it's blue then the xeno target is blue. If it's yellow the the xeno is red. The other xeno target works as expected

Ok I'll add a 3rd scenario to the mix, just did my update to 3.0. My left xeno target is tied to the right airlock switch like Cheddar but all of the others flash red during skillshot. And lit solid red when hit
PXL_20221010_000846821_exported_1387_1665360555732 (resized).jpgPXL_20221010_000846821_exported_1387_1665360555732 (resized).jpgPXL_20221010_001302399_exported_292_1665360798750 (resized).jpgPXL_20221010_001302399_exported_292_1665360798750 (resized).jpg

#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Ok, so after installing 3.0 and connecting the connectors under the playfield...what is the normal operation/function of the 5 target lights? What would be their normal lighting...only during certain modes, do they have an attract mode? I am just trying to get an idea of I should be seeing. Any info is appreciated.

I believe 1-4 should flash red during game and lit solid red when hit, target 5 by the drop targets doesn't have any lights coded. I did not notice anything during attract just when game is started

There have been issue of one of the weapon targets being tied to the left xeno target, which I am seeing currently in my game

#10493 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I wonder what the story is with why they still can't make the 5th target light.

I haven't had my play field up in a while but I want to say that the fifth target is the only one that doesn't have a spot to plug in so that could be part of the problem at least on older machines

#10505 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

You know I experienced this too (ball will get picked up from the magnet, going to the mouth, but doesn't look like it retracts all the way, and the ball sits on the magnet In the xenomorphs mouth until there is a ball search and the tongue will come all the way out and then all the way in and the ball will release).
It's not all the time, but when it happens, it'll happen at each of the following multiballs, as if it falls out of calibration. I have to recalibrate the xenomorph tongue, and then everything's fine for a good little while until it happens again.
Does anyone know a durable fix? I noticed on the pinball Brothers site there is someone talking about the rod coming from the stepper motor and that it has a flat side and to ensure that the bolt is on that side (and they show a single picture showing that rod and bolt), but outside of that, does anyone have any suggestions on this issue such that this doesn't happen in the future? Thanks!

I haven't seen this problem pop back up since I made some adjustments to the switch arm, need it to stay closed slightly longer before it falls into the groove on the rod as it retracts

#10544 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just checked the boards needed for the stand-up target LEDs and noticed something interesting. There is an interface connector between board 3 and 4 specifically for the target 5 LED. I don't recall hooking that up or even having the cable for that, so maybe that's why we're not getting any activity out of target 5 LED? I asked PB about that and they say they're working on a Target 5 solution, so we can wait and see.
If the connectors don't exist on the earlier revision boards and you really want the LEDs, you'll need to replace those boards.
Board 8 - 174 euros (for target 1 and 2)
Board 6 - 165 euros (for target 3 and 4)
Board 4 - 122 euros (target 5... interface to board 3)
Board 3 - 50 euros (interface from board 4 and target 5 led connector)
So, 511 euros for working LED targets assuming all boards are missing connectors. Not sure if that is worth it. If target 5 really isn't used, then I guess board 3 and 4 would not be necessary.
My early revision board 6 had major problems and replacing it with a newer revision fixed major communication problems I had with the boards connected to it (particularly Board 1 that controls the trough). I'm thinking that was a one-off issue since other early machines seemed just fine.

I have an earlier build as well and had to replace my board 6 twice as well as board 4, current revision D has been solid since. My board 3 is an older revision without the connectors for target 5, it's all going to come down to when your game was made and what board revisions you have. And I have to agree with you at those costs I don't see it worth it if you have to replace boards.

#10547 1 year ago

From henning picture above it looks like board 3 is a 4 pin connector, is that correct or is it 5 pin?

Just a random thought.. if you replaced your xeno targets and still have the old ones there is a connector for the led that is 4 pin on one side 5 pin on the other.. could potentially be used to connect board 6 and 3

2 months later
#11854 1 year ago

If you have an early run SV and had to change out your xeno targets then the cable you need for the interconnect is the same as the LED on the old target.

I unfortunately have an early rev board and don't have the interconnect for target 5.

#11866 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Just updated system and firmware.. Both the left an right flippers are acting like the system expects double stacked leaf switches. My game in a SV edition, and software notes changes for LV / staged flippers..
Tests detect only upper flipper switch closed, and coil tests activate all flippers.
In my game both left and right flippers are only single stacked
Can someone with an LV take a picture of the leaf switch / wires / and connector for the left and righ flippers for me ?

There was a setting in service menu to turn off the staged flippers, they might be on by default after update

2 weeks later
#12378 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

Strategy question:
So what do you all shoot for on first ball and what is your strategy for getting higher score? Is it increasing the multiplier through the L+V or do you go right into a mode? What skill shot do you go for.

First ball I shoot for the scoop to get mystery and start life cycles (different skill shot on each ball for the bonus), when it kicks out I try to hit the right orbit to the pops to continue the lifecycle and build up pop hits. If I get the chest burster on the return from the pops I'll finish off with the xeno otherwise I usually go for starting a scene so I can run through it while I build other things.

Haven't gotten super high scores yet in the 400 million range is my highest but I always do the best stacking multiballs and working through as many scenes as I can. And man do those weapons come in handy!

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from maur:

I just joined the club. I'm trying to erase the previous high scores but I can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?
Maurizio

A factory reset should clear the scores

4 weeks later
#12935 1 year ago

Went ahead an updated code and firmware last night. Only played a handful of games but seems to be running well. Smoother faster xeno tongue is a great improvement. Had to increase my center magnet 25% to get it to grab.

Still having a problem with weapons target light to the right of airlock lighting left xeno target

#12944 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

You really shouldn't have to increase your center magnet strength to get it to grab. Are you finding your center magnet is intermittently grabbing? Or is it just consistently weak unless you increase the power?

Didn't seem to try any grab at all on most shots, had a few that tried to grab but immediately dropped. I'll play around again tonight and see what results I get,

Need to look into the light situation as well

1 week later
#13087 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My target 5 has a short harness hooked up already on board 5 but these are empty .So we need this wire harness ?
[quoted image]

Better off then I am

PXL_20230218_025530812 (resized).jpgPXL_20230218_025530812 (resized).jpg
#13115 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No kiddin , did you get a ticket in ?

I am currently working with them on a ticket so I'm going to mention it but I don't think I'd be covered an would have to buy replacement board if I want the 5th light

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PunkPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=PunkPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.