IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2520 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to receiving the LE (yes I'm calling it the LE) of this great game

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Nailed it. The loose joints were under heat shrink so I didn't notice them. Cheers thanks Paddy-o

It's not surprising. Transportation is going to shake up those solder joints.

UWCSOOFNOH (resized).pngUWCSOOFNOH (resized).png
10 months later
#8572 1 year ago

Is there a mod to get Ripley callouts, original soundtrack etc? Apologies I haven't read the whole of this thread.

#8574 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Not at this time to my knowledge.

Thanks. A shame- we need some Ripley

1 week later
#8885 1 year ago

An aside...

APC M577- Aliens 1986 (resized).jpgAPC M577- Aliens 1986 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10299 1 year ago

You guys probably already know about this 'Aliens Expanded' documentary, but the crowd funding ends on 3rd October if you want to pledge. I did previously, but apart from that have no other link with these fellas.

https://aliens-expanded.com
poster wotsit (resized).jpgposter wotsit (resized).jpg

2 months later
#11864 1 year ago

I updated to system OS 3.1 and now cannot access the menu i.e. none of the 4 buttons respond. They were working when I navigated to system update from v.2.7.

I'm therefore locked out of the menu and can't update the firmware to latest 0.71 version, or indeed do anything else.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what is the solution?

#11867 1 year ago

The software update page states 3.0, 0.71 and 3.1- https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/80000525388

Are you supposed to update system to 3.0 and then 3.1? There are no instructions on this point. I installed 3.1 which bricked my menu switches that don't respond now.

#11870 1 year ago

PB service desk said installing 3.0 then 3.1 is best, which I thought I'd share here as it may prevent others having the problem I had today.

They also said I need to do a factory reset. How do you do this if the 4 service buttons aren't working?

#11952 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

I updated tonight from 3.0 to 3.1 and firmware 7.1. Did the game code first. No problems whatsoever. Played several games and it’s a noticeable improvement. The Xeno tongue action is faster, quiet and smooth. I followed the update directions exactly and everything went as expected. So all I can say is, follow the directions and maybe you’ll have the same result that I did.

There are no warnings on the PB download page to do the update in order. I did 3.1 without doing 3.0 first and have bricked the machine. It gives error messages but the service buttons don't respond so I can't get out of it, can't play the game, can't navigate the service menu. Bricked.

I checked all connections including computer, service buttons etc. All are sited fine. The game worked perfectly before the disastrous software update, so I do think this is a software issue. The error messages I get are:

- Cabinet SW. disabled. Check connection.
- Tilt stuck closed.

How do I fix these errors as I can't find any physical issues?

I think I have to do a rebuild. I really wish I hadn't bothered to do this software update. Amazing and worrying how easily the machine is bricked. I've never had that before.

Rebuild link for information is here:
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001043005--how-to-rebuild-machine-black-screen-issue

#11962 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I can also tell you those two messages you got are the exact two error codes I got when I set up my machine out of box new this past Wednesday. My control panel service buttons also were brick after that. PB support told me it was a loose connection. Someone on here suggested it might be the ground not being properly connected to the coin door however I did recheck every single connection and reboot the machine and it did work fine after that.

I have checked all the connections. Were any of yours loose?

Curiously, after rebuilding the game image, I still have the same error messages and bricking of the machine, so that made no difference.

2 weeks later
#12473 1 year ago

I just wanted to publicly thank Andrea at Pinball Brothers for helping me fix my machine, which is now 100% ok. After identifying the problem he sent me a new Playfield Controller Box and auxiliary board, then worked out a remaining problem which was the two RJ45s were in the wrong way round (there was a 50/50 chance but I got the left and right side wrong!).

Sending me these large parts, and the numerous, fast response messages on their efficient 'ticket list' message board, was well beyond what I expected, so I have to say I'm very impressed. Awesome customer service.

This time I updated the code in sequence (don't skip a code version!) and all is ok with this lovely LV machine.

Very happy here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.