b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballpal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7604 1 year ago

Can you add a real knocker to the remake? Is their a place to even hook it up?

9 months later
#13477 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

Thanks all for the replies. I confirmed my cab is like a cheese wedge with a ~5mm/0.2" diff between the bottom and to top measured across the side rails.

So how many of these Alien LV's are effected by this issue? I am a little worried about getting mine now?

#13479 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

We had one. Tried to take the glass out and it fell on the playfield.They said it expanded during shipping... Another cabinet was sent to us. The second cabinet seems okay so far. We also bought a second game. This one was fine (as far as the glass and cabinet). They both seem to freeze quite often even after several updates. I imagine it will all get sorted. They do pretty well in earnings. Everyone of our regulars seem to be pretty understanding.

That is good to know if I get a bad cab they will send me a new one.

1 week later
#13605 1 year ago

The perfect accessory for your Alien Pinball

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/alien-xenomorph-foam-replica-wallmounted-bust/nc51691

BEE20561-1F7F-403C-86F4-FC82C067F814 (resized).jpegBEE20561-1F7F-403C-86F4-FC82C067F814 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I remember seeing a pinsider that replaced all of his with green or any color you want standup targets looked great and of course don’t light !

Do you have any pictures of what this looks like?

#13702 1 year ago

Does anyone with a LV experiencing the same target issues. Were they upgraded for the LV's I wonder. They are using the same targets on queen you would think they upgraded them to be more reliable on the queen machines. If so maybe the LV machines have the upgraded targets.

#13705 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Bad picture but these are Bally Williams stand ups according to the seller!
[quoted image]

Thanks it gives me an idea if I have to go this route.

1 week later
#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Personally I like the stronger flippers, more like a stern. My flippers out of the box didn't feel all that strong

I've got mine at about standard power, I've tried it at -20- 30% it feels pretty weak even with the precision flippers at that power setting. Normal power seems about the equivalent of stern level power. Before the precision flipper installs, it wasn't really possible to get that level of power even at plus 50% in my experience. It also does seem to have fixed a large part of the flipper fade that was pretty obvious on the standard flippers.
Being able to adjust the flippers by just unscrewing them from the top is a huge plus. I actually never adjusted the flippers before I installed them, but hearing how you actually have to do it on a normal flipper sounds like a real pain.
I had to install new springs, though, I think because of the extra power I was just snapping springs left and right, until I installed the stern/ Sega springs that someone linked earlier in the thread, those have been good so far

I thought you were exposed to use the Williams flipper return springs with the Alien game. Does any buddy know what the Pinball Brothers suggest?

1 week later
#13827 1 year ago

I just unboxed my Alien LV and their is a cliffy type protector in the shooter lane already which is cool. When did they start shipping with those? Also they removed art work around the posts to help with pooling issues which is also pretty cool

#13829 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I just unboxed my Alien LV and their is a cliffy type protector in the shooter lane already which is cool. When did they start shipping with those? Also they removed art work around the posts to help with pooling issues which is also pretty cool

Apparently I need more sleep because their is not a cliffy type protector in the shooter lane. Man that art work around the shooter lane looked so shinny I could of sworn it was a metal protector.

#13838 1 year ago

After raising the playfield it is really difficult to put the playfield back in the slots. Is their a fix for that or is that normal?

#13843 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

No grease, just right adjustment of the driver board to increase gear power!
[quoted image]

How can we make are Pinball Brothers version work like this?

#13893 12 months ago

Should you update the code or the firmware first?

#13895 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I did FW then code, but not sure it matters

Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13902 12 months ago

I just updated my Alien LE to the latest software and firmware and wow what a difference in the way the Alien tongue works. It is fast ,smooth and not noisy at all.

#13903 12 months ago

The 5th weapon target just stays white throughout the game is that normal?

#13906 12 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If it's an LE, it's missing a cable from the factory. You can ask PB for the cable.

I will ask them about it thanks. But what is weird is that in lamp tests their is not a target 5 test like the others. Their is 1 thru 4 but not 5. Are you sure the 5th weapon target is coded for color changing in the code.

#13908 12 months ago

Hi again thanks for all of the replies. About one out of 10 times when ambush multiball is ready the ball gets stuck on the magnet and the jaw opens and closes but the tongue does not come out to grab the ball. Is this normal behavior or a bug that is known to crop up every once in awhile?

#13909 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, what would the people who have been following the 279 page thread know?

It just lights up white. So is this normal behavior or not.

#13912 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Used to be common behavior.

Thanks for the reply. So I need a new wire from PB? It is weird that in lamp tests target 5 is not their tho.

#13914 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes mate, as stated. You also need to update your code to the latest version by the sound of things. The dropping ball, and the target were fixed in some of the last code drops.
You still need the cable.

Cool thanks I am on the the latest code and firmware.

I know what cable I need know. Thanks

It does not drop the ball. The ball is caught on the magnet the jaw opens and closes and multiball starts but the tongue never comes out. It only happens like once every 10 times that is why I was wondering if it was a known bug.

#13920 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I will check, thank you.
In the event I do not, I suppose next step is sending PB a ticket?
thanks

Yep ask PB for one. They are sending me one out as well. Their tech support is outstanding

#13926 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did you update all the codes ? Meaning you didn’t skip any ?

I am on the latest firmware and code. I noticed that they recommended doing a factory reset after updating your code or firmware. So I tried that and the Alien has been working perfectly for about an hour now I am pretty sure that fixed it

#13927 12 months ago
Quoted from KoP:

In my game there is a target 5 lamptest. So your are either not on the latest software/firmware (3.2/0.71), or you're not paying attention.....
BTW, if your target 5 (not the insert in front of it) is white, you already have that cable, otherwise it would never be lit. If target 5 stays white during the lamptests you have a bad target (or a bad cable, but that's less likely).

My target 5 is plugged in to the spare led port on one of the boards from the factory but the jumper cable is not there. Once I receive that everything should be good. I can see a target 5 lamp test but not a rgb test for target 5 like I do for the other 4 targets but that is a moot point. With the jumper cable everything should light correctly.

#13931 12 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yup. Lately for me on the last code update.

Try a factory reset. That worked for me.

3 weeks later
#14043 11 months ago

Since we are on the topic of adding things. Is it possible to add a physical knocker to the game? I know you can do it with the Highway version.

1 month later
#14316 9 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Designed it myself

I would like one as well if you start selling these.

1 month later
#14581 8 months ago

All out war achieved today did not get the best score I could have but what a great game this pin is. I was ready to go again after the last ball drained haha.

C8641367-6FD1-42C8-B633-7ECD25B03B9C (resized).jpegC8641367-6FD1-42C8-B633-7ECD25B03B9C (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#17141 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How about the dual stage flippers? I’d like to ad these and EOS to my game

Can you add EOS switches to the games? Do the new versions have EOS switches installed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballpal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Pinballpal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.