b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10819 1 year ago

I am considering joining the Alien club by buying a year old machine. The pin I am after however has a problem - the monitor on the playfield, I mean in the back of the pinball machine (it reads something like "Loading dock, outer door" on this monitor) does sometimes not come up when starting the pinball machine and then one has to reboot the pin and after that it works ok. I tried to make searches, but could not find a solution for this. Is there a solution for it, what kind of problem is this to fix? Thanks for any info!

#10822 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m dealing with something similar now

That's not good to hear... I thought this is something for which there is a solution already...

2 months later
#12633 1 year ago

I have been testing Alien LV today and the main display usually does not boot up. Apparently pinball brothers are aware of the problem and apparently community thus far has not come up with a solution, right? I have put the latest firmwares in place without any luck.

Also - has anyone bought a new playfield from Pinball Brothers for Alien LV, how much did it cost? I think a playfield change would be much easily done on the PB Alien as it lacks the many wires under the playfield.

4 weeks later
#13094 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My target 5 has a short harness hooked up already on board 5 but these are empty .So we need this wire harness ?
[quoted image]

I ordered this cable, I think it should be easy to MacGyver it to work as a replacement for the original target cable (and my friend actually already did it):
https://www.free-play.se/produkter/spelspecifika-delar/pinball-brothers/alien/drop-target-cable-0036.html

2 weeks later
#13362 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Love the look and feel of the Silver (aluminum) precision flippers
[quoted image]

Did you have to enlarge the shaft holes on the pinball in order to make the precision flippers work? I think I read somewhere that some user had to do that in order to get the shaft in. Thanks for info!

#13368 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I did not need to enlarge the holes on mine, but i used the plastic bushings.

Did you get which bushings (or did you just use original Aliens' bushings)? Thanks!

7 months later
#15106 6 months ago

Great day to be an Alien owner for sure! Hopefully they will make the cabinet decals/translites etc. available for the "original" PB Alien owners too.

Regarding the new code with new av-assets: would something similar ever happen with JJP?

Go go PB!! I guess I have to go and pick that Queen up - please update Queen's code at some point with "Don't Stop Me Now" - pretty please!

#15290 6 months ago

Although I hate what bringing new models of the same old pinball machine does to the collectability of the said pinball machines, I am really glad that PB is pushing forward such a new lower pricing model - hopefully this will have an impact on pinball prices in general. The prices have been lately getting out of hand - some stop for the greediness of the pinball companies would be in order and PB brings much awaited competition to the big manufacturers. Otherwise the development has lately been such the pinball manufacturers put fewer mechanisms in the games and only raise prices - Stern "less is more", JJP Godfather "diverter is a new toy!" and even the new Labyrinth with only nice pop-up sculpts. PB Alien on the other has a real mech with the ball-eating Alien. Hopefully this will be a great breakthough in the US for PB!

And if the topper is the airlock with the alien pushing through it, well, I just gotta have it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15418 6 months ago

Topper looks wicked!

But what about us owners in EU?

The US shop will not sell the mods and the topper outside of the US...
Will there be a separate offering from a webshop in EU for the mods and topper?

I also read some post that "for now the mods etc. would be limited to US due to license" - seems strange if the topper is limited to 300 pieces?

1 month later
#16582 4 months ago

Apparently the game update resets the settings? I am asking since my magnet at the monster tongue seems not to work as well as before and I of course forgot to write my settings down... Anybody wish to share some suggested settings (if the settings are really reseted with the game update).

#16784 4 months ago

Installed Ripley code 4.0 (already had firmware 0.71), now the machine boots on occasion to the black screen. At first the center magnet seemed not to catch the ball anymore, but I lowered its power to 10 % and its much better now. I had set it in my previous gamecode to 30 % (I think my previous gamecode was 3.2a5 or something like that). Hopefully the sweetspot of the gamecode will be found!

1 week later
#16927 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Installed Ripley code 4.0 (already had firmware 0.71), now the machine boots on occasion to the black screen. At first the center magnet seemed not to catch the ball anymore, but I lowered its power to 10 % and its much better now. I had set it in my previous gamecode to 30 % (I think my previous gamecode was 3.2a5 or something like that). Hopefully the sweetspot of the gamecode will be found!

I installed the full gamecode ISO 4.0, but it still boots into black screen on backbox on occasion. Similarly no development for the center magnet - still misses to catch the ball - its 50/50 does it catch it or not. With my earlier gamecode (I think it was 3.2a5) I had not booting into black screen problem - hopefully atleast this matter gets sorted again.

#16937 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think your black screen issue is a game code problem at this point. I haven't seen a black screen in over 6 months now.

But I did not have the black screen problem on my backglass monitor with my earlier gamecode 3.2a5 (or something like that) at all. Now with 4.0 it returned.

3 weeks later
#17298 3 months ago

No new news on the Lior topper?

3 weeks later
#17682 75 days ago

For all the high praise given for the topper by PB, maybe it would be a time for them also to show a video of the topper in action?

3 weeks later
#17994 50 days ago

Nice topper, but I guess the topper imported into EU would be like 2 kEUR, so I think I can live without it, the beacons are fine alone.

3 weeks later
#18551 27 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I put a playfield protector down the first month I got my game. Now I don't have to worry about dimples or wear.

I bought my second-hand alien from the seller that claimed that the PF protector was installed before the first ball and the playfield already shows major dimpling, just like in the pics above. So if this was true and the PF protector was there from the start, the PF protector might not protect that well from the dimpling regarding Alien playfield. I asked this from playfield-protectors.com and got this reply: "Regarding dimpling – protectors help but many and high impact airballs can have some effects. Depending on the „geometry“ of the machine, more or less airballs happen."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.