b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10771 1 year ago

Very intrigued by this game. I got to play the LV and really liked it. At this point, it seems like the majority of people are having issues with the game. Is that a fair statement?

#10780 1 year ago

I’m glad to hear some of your responses. Seeing people post about reboots and such had me worried. I’m sure I’ll pick one up as code is polished and they become more available. Looks like an amazing game

#10788 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Minor issues all solvable. I do agree that if you want a pinball machine with no issues you should rent one. Even sterns have issues. So do get yourself familiar with some testing and solving once you get in the hobby. If you feel confident about your skills, do get an alien LV. Service is top. All mayor things can be solved. Forum is here to help. Great guys in here.

For the record I’m perfectly comfortable making minor repairs and adjustments. I don’t consider a broken solder joint or a bad switch an issue. Those types of things come with the territory. Hell I own a JJPGNR which requires more care than anything I’ve ever owned. I’m more concerned with games being shipped with bad boards or having code that reboots or shuts down occasionally. Those kinds of things are pains in the ass and I’m happy to wait til PB sorts them all out.

Luckily it seems like those types of issues are not as widespread as they appear from reading this forum

#10832 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea on when the last shipment of games came in? Has it been a few months?

I am about to pull the trigger for a game in the next batch but hoping enough time has passed since the last shipment for them to address some of the quality control issues

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Having trouble on start up straight out of the box. Power on and this is the screen I get. None of the other buttons work and can’t do anything else. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Take a look at your fuses

#10896 1 year ago

I’m in for an SE. delivery in 20 days or so. Can anyone tell me what size metric nut drivers, torx screwdrivers and metric Allen wrenches I should purchase?

I’d rather not buy complete sets of I don’t have to. So just the 3 or 4 best sizes

#10933 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I can’t hit that dang shot either, and it is hard enough to get it set up in the first place. But in my case it isn’t even getting into the ramp in the first place, I just always seem to be off; the sweet spot seems very small. I wonder if an adjustment would help, but I’m not sure what I would do even.

Try adjusting the flipper angle

#10935 1 year ago

is there a way to make it more difficult to qualify modes? Seems like all the gameplay videos I see, the player is always getting through just about all the modes for one movie and often times progressing through some of the next movies modes.

I’m excited to get my game but don’t want to see 80% of the game each time I play. I assume code is basically complete at this point?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10938 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I can't get through all the modes hardly ever. I must just suck at pinball. I think these guys posting videos are pinball pros.

Well that’s good to know. I’m average at best. Some guys make it look so easy

#11065 1 year ago
Quoted from LV219:

Received my Alien LV last week. Was able to play it for an hour then the ball launch would not work. Restarted the game and get stuck on a volume screen with the numbers flickering. Checked all the fuses and connections and everything appears fine. Have not been able to fix it. Contacted Pinball Brothers and they said they are sending me a new cabinet controller box when they receive them. Hope this solves the issue. Anyone with similar experience?
[quoted image]

This continues to be depressing. I’m about ready to cancel my order and wait this out

#11070 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I thought the same thing for months reading this thread. Glad I didn't. I love the game and have had few to no issues so far.

I’ve been seeing a lot of your posts and very happy you have not had any issues. Please let us know if you have any lockups after your plan to leave the game on for several hours.

#11071 1 year ago

Here’s a poll. Everyone please vote

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pb-alien-owners-poll#post-7232840

It’s hard to really get a feel for how many issues are really out there

#11078 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That poll is not going to render any accurate results. It needs to say, "With System Update 3.0, have you ever seen any of these issues?" I'm answering based on System Update 3.0, which has resolved all lockup issues for me... no lockup or reboot issues in a month now.

Thanks for the input. Poll updated to reflect crashes on 3.0 only

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I voted but I think the more interesting data would be knowing the build date as well. That way if the people with issues all have similar gen node boards. Then pinball bros can change them out. That is if the people without issues are all on the same hardware revisions.
I supposed it could be all random but we will never know unless the poll has more info.
Maybe someone else can chime in on this thought.

I agree with you on the build date being helpful. Maybe people can chime in on the comments of the thread and provide details.

Here is the link to the thread for others to vote and comment

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pb-alien-owners-poll#post-7233772

1 week later
#11256 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

The problem is the bottom is too far forward. The ball bricks on the bottom.
Thoughts? [quoted image][quoted image]

Hold the bracket with one hand and use your other hands thumb to push the spinner towards back of playfield. This will bend the arms and the spinner will sit straight or best case slightly tilted toward player

#11259 1 year ago

So, to get the bottom (of the spinner) to go toward the playfield, pull forward?
The bottom need to drop down a few degrees. Say 25°. Currently, sits at 210° & need to be about 240°ish….

I’m 99% sure you push the spinner toward back of playfield so that the bottom of spinner tilts away from player. That is ideal.

I hope I don’t have my pull/push instruction reversed but should be easy to see how the spinner reacts after a slight amount of force.

I’d look into the switch arm putting excess pressure on the spinner first as mentioned above

#11263 1 year ago

99% sure a player wants a slight lean of the bottom of the spinner toward the player. But not so much to brick.
The amount of physical time the ball has on the spinner (in this manner) is a more effective use of physics.

Definitely wanted tilted slightly away from player or straight up and down

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.