pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lethal_Inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 3 years ago

If they ship the first week of January it’s possible they arrive in the US mid to late in the month. Still possible for end of month delivery.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

My plan is to park the remake right next my original. Once I'm sure that I'm satisfied with the remake I will probably move the original out. My experience playing the original has me stoked for the new shot features in the remake. The magnet to feed the upper right flipper is going to be a game changer. I'm also glad for the physical ball lock on the hyper sleep ramp. That ramp feels so awesome to hit that to have it just dribble through is a little lame. I'm just a sucker for physical locks. It's one of the reasons I got rid of my standard Wonka. They also added the back entrance to the airlock scoop(mode hole). They mentioned that the scoop could yell which entrance was used so I assume it will be coded at some point to a new rule. I know it will suck to lose the pf screen but I would trade that for the new shot features anyday. I'm not completely sure if or how much my original is going to drip in the market but who cares. I'm here to play with the best toys , not make money

Well said! Pinball is supposed to be fun!

#126 3 years ago

Just go all black and call it good.

2 weeks later
#209 3 years ago

When are some games going to be built?

#219 3 years ago

You would think PB has a few of these play fields in their possession already.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

<quote>Don't know if I can wait that long </quote>
I’m also baffled as to why if they claimed SE games would ship in January why they don’t have at least a teaser video short clip of the game play.

I hear ya. They still have a couple more weeks to support their claim tho.

#245 3 years ago

How long does it take these things to go through customs if air freighted? Same time frame for boat shipments? Just curious.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You have the following games likely on the horizon to compete with Pinball Brothers Alien remake, I'd just like to know even if they won't release it until October what's included in the Alien LV.
JJP Toy Story
Stern Godzilla ?
Stern / Kapow Back To The Future ?
Stern JAWS ?
RAZA
Spooky / Ben Heck / CGC new title / Evil Dead ?
American Pinball next title ?
Deep Root Goonies ?
CGC next remake Cactus Canyon ?
CGC new game ?

Can you people knock it off with whats on the LV model. They have already said they will not release the details till later in the year. If you can’t wait, get the SV or move on to another game.

1 week later
#326 3 years ago

There is no new video of this game on YouTube bro.

#328 3 years ago

Give us a link please. The one you are watching is probably the older one made by Heighway.

2 weeks later
#440 3 years ago

Look man, I just need to know one thing, where they are!

2 weeks later
#468 3 years ago

Predator would be better. Then they could do Alien vs. Predator after that.

1 month later
#550 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Interesting feature is the jingle sound while the machine is stand by.

It sounds like Aliens in attract mode. Kick ass!

1 week later
#589 2 years ago

No invoice yet, I guess I’m not on the current shipment...
EDIT-suppose to be getting an invoice today. Woo hoo!

#627 2 years ago

All the pictures and videos show the apron having no cards. Who's gonna design some? Need some cool art, maybe 1 card art for each movie with instructions on one and credits on another? Maybe a cool Weyland Yutani one? Hoping someone makes some.

#632 2 years ago

I’m paid in full. Hopefully the container ships this week. Hopefully by the end of May I’ll be flipping a new Alien!!

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]

And your point is? I actually paid more than that but your too ignorant to write anything worth while.

#638 2 years ago

Pardon me. Didn’t understand. My humor sucks lol.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

We are a local comic shop in Florence,KY just south of Cincinnati called Comics2games. It was just shipped FedEx from PA this week. I hoping after work to try it out and test hiw it is different from the original version. We love it so far.

How’s it playing? Everything working ok?

#688 2 years ago

Total bummer on the water damage. Figures, the day you want to be free to play that shit happens. Hope you get it taken care of. Tell us what you had to contact PB for and what tweaks you had to do so far.

#695 2 years ago

Hell yeah! I’m drooling like an Alien over here! Can’t wait to get mine. Looks soooo fun.

#730 2 years ago

When is the container full of games suppose to ship? Sure hope they address some of these issues before sending more.

#755 2 years ago

This is obviously going to be an issue. Stand up targets take a beating and with this many present, I could see it being a huge PITA. Is PB aware of this and hopefully doing something about it?

#786 2 years ago

I hope they are making these changes to the new games being built before sending the container full. There has been no communication on the shipment so if they are changing things up I have no problem waiting.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

It's been three weeks since the invoices went out. Anyone hear anything about the shipment?

Wondering the same thing. I don’t think Cointaker should have taken balances until the games were actually shipping. Now we’re stuck waiting. There are a lot of bugs that need to be addressed and hopefully they are fixing these issues before sending the games out. I hope I don’t get buyers remorse because this is the most I have ever spent on a pinball machine. I don’t mind fixing or dialing things in but hope it impresses me and plays right.

#862 2 years ago

It’s a huge issue. Main toy that interacts with ball is not gonna work probably half the time. What’s the point then?

#869 2 years ago

Received a tracking document from Melissa at CT. Looks like the container is suppose to arrive in the NYC port on June 7th. Hell yeah!

#872 2 years ago

Not sure. I’ll ask.

#876 2 years ago

Once container arrives in NYC, they will truck the whole container to CT and then ship via Fed Ex to us.

#887 2 years ago

It was meant to be shared so if you paid in full for a game already I would be happy to email it to you. It’s actually more of a shipping confirmation and not sure how to actually track it. It’s not suppose to depart until this coming Tuesday the 25th.

#931 2 years ago

Shit, if this is the case there is no way this ship is picking up this container in Italy for days maybe even weeks. Don’t know how fast this can change but just looking at the distance it has to go and THEN to the USA, we will be waiting for a while.

#967 2 years ago

The first boat hasn’t even arrived in Italy and at this point the June 8th shipment could leave the same time as the first container. Lol. Waiting sucks.

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Not yet. I’ve been told I might get some beta code next weekend. I’d love to see some of these annoying bugs squashed.

Did you find out if the switches you received were actually the newer ones? I thought you mentioned that they were the same. Have you replaced them and do they work any better?

#986 2 years ago

So this shipment might actually be arriving in the NYC port by June 6th as described in the shipping confirmation. Sure hope so.

#999 2 years ago

Any updates from the ones who got machines already? Playing better? Replacement switches doing the job? Having some anxiety from people posting the game still has issues. I hope these get fixed.

1 week later
#1070 2 years ago

Our ship has arrived!! Won’t be long now. So what, another week to get to Cointaker and then maybe another week to us?

#1082 2 years ago

I’m still waiting for the beacons I ordered from AliExpress to arrive, so I haven’t tried anything yet.

How has your game been playing? What issues are you or have you been dealing with? Is PB supporting these issues?

#1091 2 years ago

When are we gonna see more mods for this game?

#1120 2 years ago

No notice of shipping on mine. Who said they were short on pallets? Is this really an issue?

#1185 2 years ago

Any news today of getting some pallets?

#1228 2 years ago

Mine is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Hell yeah! I’m kinda worried about issues people are having but hopefully PB will make things right. It’s gonna take some time so I’m gonna ride the train out and see what happens.

#1245 2 years ago

How much does this game weigh? Lighter than the older B/W wide bodies?

#1282 2 years ago

Suppose to get my game delivered tomorrow!! Hell yeah!! Can’t wait.

#1311 2 years ago

Just delivered!! What a start to a hopefully great weekend!! Got it downstairs and time to set it up. This game is actually pretty light for being a wide body.

B233DEFA-E244-4D6A-8447-B0C0E7D7EE40 (resized).jpegB233DEFA-E244-4D6A-8447-B0C0E7D7EE40 (resized).jpeg
#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Curious if the legs were banging around in the top like some others have said?

The legs in mine were properly wrapped and tucked safely inside the top of the box. Packaging was quite good. I’m having a lot of switches not working, like 10 or 12. 1 coil not working. Left and right speaker sounds are reversed. Tried to play several games but with many of the switches not working, you can’t really progress. Trying to diagnose as I type this. Oh the pleasures of tweaking NIB games. Lol.

#1319 2 years ago

What is the best way to contact PB to open a service ticket? How do I initiate communication with Cato? Thanks.

#1321 2 years ago

I had the same feeling but decided to roll the dice. It definitely is frustrating but part of the fun is getting the game dialed in. Hopefully it’s just a bad connection/s somewhere. I’m sure PB will take care of it.

#1322 2 years ago

Still can’t find the back box key. Not on the coin door like it should be.

Edit: you have to look closely but they are in the side of the coin mech. Duh.

#1327 2 years ago

I think I’m back in business. I just pushed every connector I saw on the under the playfield boards and one or more must have been loose or something cause all my switches are now working. The coil for my bottom pop egg bumper had a bad connection. I was able to pull the pins out of the connector and just insert them directly into the other end and it works. Temporary fix until I get a better connector.
Trying to switch the left and right speakers but I can’t get the back box cover off. How do you remove this plastic translite?

#1342 2 years ago

My switch problem came back again and was hoping someone else here had the same problem. It’s hard to trace exactly which connector/s it is because there are so many from board to board. I want to know exactly which connectors are causing this if anybody knows.

#1344 2 years ago

Another thing I am experiencing is that my Xeno magnet has not caught the ball once at the start of ambush so it can eat the ball. I think they positioned the magnet too far away from the targets. Any suggestions there. Really takes away from that huge feature if it’s not gonna work reliably or even at all.

#1357 2 years ago

This game has all sorts of issues. Again, the whole right side of the playfield starting at weapon target 3, switches are not registering. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Really weird. Ball plunger can’t even push balls out into play when in ambush MB. I alighted the plunger dead center on the ball and the power seems fine at first but then gets so weak that it can’t push a ball up the ramp in multi ball. Left flipper drops when holding the button for ball hold sometimes. Left upper flipper sticks a little. Man, way more issues then I expected. This thing is literally UN-PLAYABLE. No contact from PB at this point. Sent emails, tried to sign up for the customer support ticket but need password to login. I’m patient, it’s ok, but really disappointing that the game is really unstable, both mechanically and software issues at this point.

#1359 2 years ago

Don’t have any of those accounts.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

In case anyone is having issues with sticky flippers on their game, I made a tutorial showing how I fixed this issue. I checked the bushing / flipper bat gap, the coil sleeves, and coil alignment prior to doing this. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Great video, how did you align your flippers? Parallel or flat with the lane guides I suppose but just making sure. No alignment holes in this game.

#1365 2 years ago

How is hyper sleep multiple suppose to play out? Once you load the second ball it’s starts. Are the balls suppose to unload from the hyper lock at that time? How many balls is it suppose to play? Mine is not unloading the balls and it goes on forever with scream again continually flashing. Something doesn’t seem right.

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Where is the quality control on these machines? Weren’t they test played a few games each first before boxing up?

Yeah I feel the same way. Don’t they check switches and coils in test mode and see how it actually plays? There should be a checklist of tests before it’s boxed up.

#1398 2 years ago

So my switch problem still remains. After speaking with Cato we tried to replace a cat-5e cable on playfield board #6 similar to the person who was having LED problems but no workie. He is going to send a new board and I guess will see what happens. Now I have to wait until parts come. What a bummer. Can’t even play a game as half the playfield switches on the right side do not register. Besides the switch problem seems like the game has a lot of software issues as well. What a mess

#1405 2 years ago

Where do you download the file, it’s not on the PB website?

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

That one doesn’t work? (Haven’t tried myself).
[quoted image]

Yep I guess that's it. It's only 387 KB?

#1434 2 years ago

Update on my game. After speaking with Cato, he thinks I have a bad I/O board #6 underneath the playfield near the APC targets. We tried replacing the cat-5e cable going from that board to the playfield controller and still doesn’t work right. Sad thing about this BS is that there are no boards available until next week. So hopefully they send one out next week but probably several weeks before I see anything. Pretty disappointed in a $8K purchase.

#1436 2 years ago

Occasionally my game has problems booting up too. When it does boot up correctly I can play a game but can’t really advance any of the modes as the switches are not registering on basically the whole right side of the playfield.

#1437 2 years ago

Cato said I could try and re flow the solder on that connector on board #6 so I’ll try and mess around with it tonight.

#1453 2 years ago

Has anybody noticed that the playfield hold down screws interfere with the lock down bar at all?

#1489 2 years ago

What’s up with these node boards? I’m having a replacement board #6 sent to me, someone else is having issues with the same board, another one with problems on board #8. WTF? Don’t they test these things before installing them in the game?

#1532 2 years ago

Here’s a new one. My left post broke. Balls were getting hung up on the loops. Come to find out the post broke. I guess I got the lemon.

B47A4461-3CCF-46F7-9783-0DDFA557E8AA (resized).jpegB47A4461-3CCF-46F7-9783-0DDFA557E8AA (resized).jpeg
#1533 2 years ago

Deal with it tomorrow as it’s beer 30 or 4:20 somewhere.

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Whoa! Sorry about that, the only issue I've had with a post is the one below the upper right flipper, it came loose a couple of times so I put a bit of blue Loctite on it then tightened it and it's stayed put ever since. I guess it's because I suck at hitting the right orbit and keep hitting the post I know play better lol

Mine did that too. I just tightened it with a 10 mm wrench but locktite is a great idea. I’ll have to do that. Eliminate one thing at a time and eventually it’ll play right and I can enjoy the game.

#1552 2 years ago

Received my replacement board #6 today, super fast shipping, and game is playing pretty good now. All switches are working, yay!!! Need to replace the broken left post, Cato was going to send me another one. I’m finding that when I lock the second ball into the hyper sleep chamber and start hyper sleep multi ball the balls in the lock do not get ejected. Anyone have this problem? One question about Ambush. As the multi ball starts and the motion tracker shows the aliens proximity the shots are red on the left side but the center scoop, right ramp, and right orbit are different colors. Like one was green and the right orbit was yellow. Is this normal? What aren’t they red? Trying to get an understanding of how each mode and multi ball are suppose to work. Support from Cato has been top notch.

#1554 2 years ago

Great thanks, that makes sense. I fixed my hypersleep locks. Locks 2 and 3 were reversed so after I changed the wiring to correspond to the right switch it works!! Cato is sending the whole left post mechanism and then I should be 100%. It’s great to play a fully functioning (well almost) game. It really does kick ass!!

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I put one of those gray foam pads(used behind standup targets) on the metal bracket. That gives me a perfect eject every time.

I saw the picture but it was hard to see where the pad was actually stuck to. Can you please take a better picture? Thanks!

#1584 2 years ago

I replaced the version 1 weapon switches with the version 2 switches today and after a couple of games I noticed the same issue. Some of them still get stuck. I don’t think they are really any better of a design. I noticed that if you bend the target down more instead of straight it clears the micro switch more and makes better contact. If they stand straight up and take big hits, which they will, it tends to engage the micro switches and thus getting no register because the switch is already stuck in. I hope version 3 is better. Otherwise the game is playing pretty good. The shots are awesome and theme integration is off the charts amazing.

#1634 2 years ago

Version 2 switches are not much better. They get stuck just as easy. Hopefully version 3 will be better.

#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

UPDATE:
From my earlier post regarding the "issues" I was having with the game.
1: I received the new Version 2 of the "skinny" targets from pinball Brothers and I still went ahead and sanded the edge as shown in the earlier post. (see pic) because they still appeared that they could get suck closed with a hard enough shot. I installed them and they've been working without any problems now.
2: I also received the coin box, which was missing in the game in another package from Cato.
3: I got a new Alien Playfield Board 6 to fix the issue with the right ramp opto not working and I'm happy to report that replacing the board fixed that issue.
So as of right now my game is playing without any issues whatsoever. i had no doubt that Pinball Brothers would make everything ok, Cato in support has been nothing short of incredible. The last thing that is on Cato's radar is to tweak the software so that the Xeno catching the ball is more consistent. Adding foam behind the targets didn't help me much as I'm convinced it's a timing issue in the software. I'm confident that they will get this done.
This game is so addicting and immersive and I'm loving it!
Red Devils out...
[quoted image]

I replaced my targets with the version 2 ones as well and after one solid hit the target, board, and metal plate behind it went all crooked and jammed up. I guess I’ll try filing down the PCB board down and see if that helps. I had the screws that holds everything together tight too and they still went crooked after a direct hit. I’m not convinced they had the right idea here. Why don’t they just make the metal plate behind everything a lot wider and the actual target wider so there is no way the board can interfere or get jammed up? I’m hoping version 3 will be better.

Cato also sent me a replacement left post assembly and an extra post to fix my broken one. I have been out of town working so I have not had a chance to swap that out yet. Once I do, I’ll actually have a whole replacement assembly for the left post. I completely agree that Cato had been great with offering support and sending out parts.

#1649 2 years ago

Come to think of it, once I get home I’m gonna take the targets apart, file the edges of the PCB board down as red devils did and then use some blue locktite to tighten the parts down and maybe that will stop them from shifting after getting hit with the ball. Definitely worth a try.

#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So after reading through the "original" Alien thread while waiting for this one. I really liked the motion tracker mod. So I got in touch with the guy who made them originally and asked if he would be willing to revise the mod to work on the PB Alien, he said he would. So I'm happy to show you the fruits of his labor, here's a couple of pics of the motion tracker mod installed on my PB Alien. It's fantastic as anybody who has it installed on their original will tell you. If you are interested in getting one for your machine contact Vimtoman via PM for pricing and availability. He's a great guy to work with!
Sorry for the crappy pics they really don't do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this mod only work during Ambush mode then and correspond with the tracker on the screen?

#1687 2 years ago

Here’s what I did to my version 2 weapon targets. I relocated the rubber pad to the back of the metal plate instead of on the PCB board where it really wasn’t absorbing any of the ball impact. Here, it stops the target from going to far in to the board and getting jammed or even hitting the micro switch too hard. So far it’s doing great.

53D8B1FB-F1B7-4017-B751-B5083D4D9B4B (resized).jpeg53D8B1FB-F1B7-4017-B751-B5083D4D9B4B (resized).jpeg
#1718 2 years ago

Oops, I already tossed mine in the trash.

1 week later
#1750 2 years ago

Has anybody noticed that a fast shot from the upper right flipper to vent 3 doesn’t register?

#1752 2 years ago

Yes I have version 2.2 installed.

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

They need to put as many of the great sayings in this game with subsequent updates!

Very much agreed. This game need more quotes and sounds from both movies.

Has anybody else had issues with a lot of the end of ball quotes getting muted. I thought this was fixed in the latest software but mine still does it quite a bit.

1 week later
#1878 2 years ago

Is there a difference in software between 2.2 and 2.2A?

#1890 2 years ago

My game has been playing pretty solid ever since the code update and me modding the gen 2 weapon targets, but man, this game is hard. The left out lane kick my ass regularly. Getting shots from the right upper flipper do not come too often because I can’t shoot the chest burster shot from the left upper flipper due to shitty kick outs from the muthur kick out. Saw several pics or people saying they put some foam in the kick out. Tried that, tried the screw adjustments on the coil bracket and playfield but still can’t get a nice smooth kick out to the left upper flipper. My only gripe right now is that muthur kick out.

#1903 2 years ago

The proximity sensor on the vent 3 shot gives me issues. A slow shot from the upper right flipper registers ok but a fast shot does not. Irritating because it’s not an easy shot and it makes the tunnel hunt mode really hard to complete.

#1914 2 years ago

Can you please explain what you did with the MUTHUR kick out in more detail. Although mine did not kick out that drastically, it does have too much power and does not kick out smoothly like your end result. My drop targets have been pretty solid so far, I’m sure you and Cato will figure it out.

#2009 2 years ago

I think it’s a combination of problems to why the Alien magnet does not catch the ball consistently. The Xeno targets don’t have much cushion and they are too far away from the magnet. I also agree that the timing activating the magnet after hitting the targets needs to be much faster as well.

#2021 2 years ago

I put in the 2.2C software and it didn’t help with the Alien holding and grabbing the ball. Only soft shots to the targets make it work right, otherwise the ball has too much speed and bypasses the magnet. I will have to try lowering the muthur kick out and see if it helps me.

2 weeks later
#2377 2 years ago

I always thought that the recharge target lights up the left out lane savers? If not, how do you light those?

#2472 2 years ago

Part of what makes Alien/s so good is the music and sound fx. I hope they incorporate more sounds from the movies because the game needs it. What they have in there is good but it needs to be Epic.

#2482 2 years ago

You bought one as well so doesn’t that make you a product tester too? I don’t understand your rationing.

#2487 2 years ago

What’s up with all these test versions? Now there is a 2.2F? Why don’t they just put the updates on the website and let everybody test them. Looks like I need to reach out to Cato and get me some of those Xeno targets as my magnet does not grab the ball probably 50% of the time.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

He's right ... I have had test versions where things have become worse, so they want to test it with a limited audience before potentially affecting a larger audience of people. This trough eject issue is a big improvement in my opinion. I haven't heard too many other people talk about it, but that fix appears to have been the root cause of at least a couple other issues I had seen. I'd say this game is just as reliable as my Funhouse now... and I thought that was pretty darn reliable.

What changed in this test version then since the last one? I have 2.2C and lowering the power to the trough and the muthur kick out worked for me.

#2548 2 years ago

Can this be done on the PB version?

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just got my Gen. 2 Xeno targets. Let me just say that it totally fixed my problem with the ball hopping over the magnet. Not too shabby!!!

Can you take a pic of the new targets please. Don’t know if I have gen 1 or gen 2 targets. Thanks.

#2600 2 years ago

BG definitely needs a LED light strip. Anyone have any ideas on where to connect it or maybe one with a USB to just plug into the ports right there in the back box?

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

Where did you get this?

#2716 2 years ago

Mine has dimpled quite a bit too. I don’t stress about it though as these games should be played and not protected for some other person down the road.

#2762 2 years ago

Predator would be the ultimate follow up to Alien. Do it PB!!!

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all - I just talked with Melissa at CT regarding Alien LV - she indicated everyone that's paid the $1 waiting list, is allocated an LV from Cointaker. They are waiting (along with us) for the official drop from Pinball Brothers on additional details on the pin. (anytime now?)
Melissa said she'll be working this weekend to process invoices for all the $1 reserves they have and they should have invoices for actual deposit (assume $1,000) coming out Monday/early next week. Just wanted to share and hopefully alleviate any unnecessary worries etc. Exciting times...
cheers

Are they honoring the old prices or the new prices?

#2933 2 years ago

Glad I went with the SV. The inner lit art blades and the beacon topper would be sweet to have but everything else is just meh and not worth the price increase IMO.

#2963 2 years ago

I think the LV looks awesome, hope they really put it together and support it like they did the SV. Cato mentioned to me just today that they will continue working on Alien for a long time, a lot more is planed for the LE and some new features for the SV as well. That’s all he could say at this time. Take that for what’s it’s worth.

1 week later
#3283 2 years ago

All you SV owners should rate this game so we can get it on the top 100. I don’t care much for rankings but still good to see it in there somewhere.

#3318 2 years ago

V3 standup targets arrived today. Two main changes that I've noticed:
1) The PCB is much narrower towards the top - even narrower than the metal backing plate. This should completely eliminate the target getting stuck on the PCB.
2) The two connectors on the bottom (switch and LED) have been replaced with a single connector, and the V3 switches come with a new breakout cable. The previous connectors were quite flimsy - I had a couple that broke off. Hopefully this eliminates that issue.
I'll be installing them later this evening.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So you got new weapons targets X 5 and 2 alien targets? Has the switch been improved at all? Let us know how they work, so I can contact Cato and ask for the new version as well.

#3321 2 years ago

In my opinion - no. It feels really good now but I question the longevity of it. It does have an RGB LED which is a plus vs. a leaf switch, but the LED for the smaller target switches is not active in Alien. Maybe something they’ll enable just for the LV?

5 x weapon and 3 x xeno/chest burster. They didn’t include a 4th large target for the “recharge” target - probably because it doesn’t get direct hits from the lower flippers.
In my opinion the new switches feel really good and I think they will hold up better over time than the v2 ones. I still think a leaf switch makes more sense if you don’t want to light them. I’m happy though and no longer view the switches as a negative.
The switches still seem to rotate slightly when hit on the edge - this happens especially to the two by the airlock scoop. I think I’ll apply a drop of loctite to the assembly screws and tighten them down harder.
This shipment included a few extra things that had been missing/changed since my very early run machine was shipped, like a coin box, airlock scoop protector, and all new wiring harnesses. It was actually really interesting swapping out the wiring harnesses (there are 4 - left/right versions for both power and signal). They are really well made and cleaned up the underside of my machine greatly with lots less unused connectors dangling around. It also gave me an appreciation for how simple these machine are to assemble. I’ve pretty much replaced every single component on my machine now and it should be “equivalent” to the ones shipping today.
I obviously wish all this was done before I bought mine - but it shows the commitment that PB has to making this machine better. I am actually reconsidering my decision to skip the LV and might pick one up anyway.
Oh, and Cato rules. By far the best pinball support tech from any company I’ve dealt with in the past 20+ years of pinball ownership.

Can you please take a pic of your airlock scoop protector please. Don’t think I got one of those with mine. Just added some Mylar there for now.

#3353 2 years ago

Talked with Cato and he is sending me a package with the the new v3 targets and a scoop protector.

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

anyone with a 3d printer want ot make these for me for a fee?

I’d be interested in some as well.

1 week later
#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I need to tell you about a dumb mistake I made in case someone else is doing the same thing.
I watched HurryUpPinball's video on fixing trough issues. I used to have the problem where the ball eject from the trough was variable... .sometimes too hard, so I knew I had trough problems then.... and I lowered the trough bracket just like HurryUpPinball's video said and got it into my head that this was the correct setting for all machines.
Well, a few system software updates later and the "ball eject too hard" issue is fixed in the latest software (I'm on 2.2G). Yet my trough ejects were soft about 5% of the time and the ball would fall back into the trough.
The problem ended up being that on my machine, the trough bracket does need to be as far UP as it can go. As long as the ball doesn't come in contact with the kicker, it is fine to have the bracket pushed up. The coil should sit flush against the coil stopper bracket.
So I misinterpreted what was said in that video... ONLY adjust the trough bracket IF you have a problem where the ball won't roll into position for ejecting. Ever since I pushed my bracket back up to the top, my trough ejects have been 100% flawless.

I’m on 2.2G software and was having issues with the ball ejecting too hard where it would hit the side rail and then back into the trough. I lowered my coil setting to 30% weaker and it has been pretty solid. Just enough power to get it into the shooter lane without hitting the side rail. Only issue my game has right now is the vent 3 shot. Slow shots register but a clean fast shot does not. Kinda sucks cause that’s the ambush jackpot shot and it’s hard to collect it.

#3512 2 years ago

My game is playing really well right now and I haven’t even installed the v3 targets. I made a simple change to my v2 targets and they are holding up quite well. Ever since I adjusted my trough release power to 30% weaker I have not had any issues with that either. Hard game tho, you definitely have to learn your shots and the left out lane can kick your ass. For the money your getting a premium game and IMO it’s the best choice out there besides maybe a premium Godzilla or Spooky HWN/UM.

#3634 2 years ago

An external sub is the way to go IMO. The stock system, like Spooky’s, sounds awesome but too much bass makes the glass rattle and I don’t like it. I can crank the external sub, get great bass, and not deal with glass rattle.

1 week later
#3748 2 years ago

You should have got 5 weapons targets and three Xeno targets. I think they should also include 2 more for the chestburster and upper left target. I’m gonna ask Cato for the extras just in case.

1 week later
#3870 2 years ago

My game has been playing perfectly since making coil adjustments on 2.2G. I don’t think I’m gonna update yet. Give us some game play features like added sound effects or movie clips, then I’ll update. Anybody else think we should be able to change the upper L & V lit lanes?

#3939 2 years ago

Has anybody made the beacons mod for the SV yet?

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

They did do a dope job, maybe they can separate and put the pcb for the bacons alone, or you just need a package…

The apron is nice but too much for me. I’d rather just get the integrated beacons if that is possible.

#4036 2 years ago

Woukd you mind showing a picture of the correct V3 wire cables. I have the new V3 targets as well but just want to make sure I got the correct cables. Doesn’t sound very promising. They should redesign these targets with leaf switches. Thanks!

#4060 2 years ago

Hello @ferret. Is there any plans to include more sound effects/sound bites from the movies?

1 week later
#4174 2 years ago

I’m glad to see more people getting this great game. You may have to tweak some things and you may have to get some parts, but once you get it dialed in, it really does kick ass. Good luck!

#4189 2 years ago

There needs to be more mods for this game. Pin blades would be nice, real knocker, some 3D sculpts of the space ships or APC. Where are all you guys?

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Ok.. Question for current owners:
What is the correct path the ball should be taking from Muther eject?
Is it to direct to the flipper outside muther?
Is it to the Weyland inlane feed to lower left flipper?
is is over the lower left sling to lower left flipper?
I think i need to make adjusts to coil as mine is feeding directly to the lower left filpper, almost between them to the drain.
THank you.

It should eject real softly to the left upper flipper.

#4228 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Source?
Mine came from the factory ejecting into the left sling

Don’t know what the design is but why would you want it to eject to the left sling? Puts ball out of control. If it ejects softly to the left upper flipper at least you have a shot and a very important one in the chestburster or whatever else. I’d rather have a controlled shot then out of control ball from the slings, but’s it’s your game do as you please.

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Being on the LV pre-order, I'm concerned about all these issues which should have been resolved with the latest batch of games. Yes, most new games need adjustments but these issues are much more than that. Sorry to all who received their games and are in this situation. Not so excited right now which sucks for a large $ purchase. PB, get your act together with the quality control or your not gonna have much repeat business.

I agree. You think they would have checked these games more since the first couple of batches. Can’t be cheap to keep sending care packages over seas for a lot of these machines. Glad mine has been playing well.

#4341 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Was just a visual, I cut 1\8 on all of the coil sleeve's, sanded... done, been working perfect since. took me 15 minutes.

How did you cut the coil sleeve?

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Cato sent me this about the sticky flippers. Completely against what you’re supposed to do on other pins . . .but it worked!
“About the sticky and dragging flipper, can you try to loosen the flipper bat shaft, so it rotates freely and then press the flipper bat down towards the playfield, and at the same time press the linkage upwards. and then tighten the flipper shaft. "remove the gap marked with red arrow"”.
[quoted image]

This is what I was told from Cato as well. They want as little or no gap between the bushing there. It has worked for the most part, occasionally I’ll get a sticky flipper but not very often.

1 week later
#4559 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have owners noticed the soft flipper buttons on this game,I can breathe on them and they will activate yes you can adjust them but the problem is the switches them selfs,the blades are just thin week and soft,I just did not like the feel of them.
Changed to Bally Williams switches,much better with the flipper feel you you are use to,
Just need longer screws and it’s an even swap,well worth it.
It makes a difference in my enjoyment of the game.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Do you have a part number please? Pinball Life?

#4596 2 years ago

I think the SV is better, especially for the price. Your getting the same game, just without the bling, and I don’t think the bling is really all that good. Beacons and lit inner side art that’s about the biggest difference. Art is subjective but the SV suits the movies better. Either way, great game and I’m glad to own the SV.

1 week later
#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright boys!! We just made the top 5!!! [quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! This game belongs in the top 10 for sure.

1 week later
#4959 2 years ago

Predator should be the follow up to Alien not fuckin Queen.

2 weeks later
#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I don't think there will be any danger of you missing out of a NIB, PB have committed to making 1000 LV's and I don't know what order they will be making them in, but I don't see them making all 1000 first before going back and making more SV's I don't think they satisfied the current backlog of SV's. I think they were only on the last of the 2nd quarter before they stopped and started production of the LV's. I have one of the earliest ones shipped here (I've had it since June 2021) and mine is playing fantastic now, so much so I still haven't updated to the latest code 2.4 I'm running the 2.2G beta version and everything is working normally. I'm of a mind that if it isn't broke don't fix it

Same boat here. My game is playing great right now and has been for a while. I’m on 2.2G as well. Have all the coils dialed in and she’s playing great.

#5159 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Again, (and for the last time from me!) these will cause issues.
Do not use the high voltage contact style flipper switches.

Are the Stern flipper switches ok to use? Why would the high voltage B/W ones cause issues, it’s just a switch?

#5239 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Well got the proto stuff alltogether so far..
Black ripple hardware, britemods buttons, translite 2d, apron skin, Launch button, black gloss T molding, backlit egg in coi door
Cab art still to come and working ona screen mod for the apron area. he backboard is going to need some love....
Tracker mod in - bloody beautiful Andrew.....11/10.
Yes I am happy to get the panels made and post out ( from Australia) but at this stage DIY lighting and installtion but happy to share what I did, some of you may have better options. Translite front, rear, apron and coin door approx $420 Aud plus postage which I have no idea on.
[quoted image]

Heck ya! That translite with the speaker lights and grill look amazing. You gonna make more for others to buy? Great job!

#5253 2 years ago

Can you show exactly what your package would include please? The translite pieces, apron, and coin door panel has all the artwork we just need to supply the LED’s? Thanks for clarifying. I’ll be dropping you an email to get on the list.

3 weeks later
#5657 2 years ago

Glad more people are getting this game! Hopefully they offer a real knocker kit because the screetch is even weaker than Sterns.

4 weeks later
#6188 2 years ago

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject. I have the strength dialed down I think 25% and most of the time it gently puts the ball in the shooter lane. Sometimes too hard and it bounces back. Sometimes too soft and gets stuck right at the top. Not really consistent. I’ve lost a ball several times though as it ejects once and bounces back, ejects again and bounces back again, sits for a moment and then ball over. I even tried putting a small piece of deadening foam at the shooter wall so it doesn’t kick back so hard but not really working the best. Maybe I’ll get a thicker or more absorbing piece to try and lighten that eject from bouncing back. If you lessen the coil strength too much it doesn’t make it to the shooter lane and gets stuck at the top of the trough.
This game really does kick ass though! Theme, sounds, and shots make it a step above anything else that is being built right now IMO. I like Stern, I have 3 of their games, but all the latest releases seem the same to me. Same old same old. It’s great to have something different. I find it to be a rather difficult game but satisfying to shoot when you can make the shots. That left out lane dumps me a lot so I use the upper left flipper to try and keep the ball away from the left side as much as possible. The left ramp does block the view there and that is one negative I have about this game. I need to be able to see the ball at all times. I hope they incorporate a real knocker for the SV cause that screeetch is even worse than Sterns.

#6194 2 years ago

Yes, mine is one of the earlier models. I had my share of issues but got em all taken care of thanks to Cato and the care packages. I’ll have to note my current coil settings and upgrade to 2.4. Maybe the trough issue will go away, wishful thinking.

#6259 2 years ago

I thought version 2.5 is for the LV only? I wouldn’t put it on the SV until the game can support it.

#6281 2 years ago

Is Cointaker going to have a LV at TPF?

#6378 2 years ago

I have my main lower flippers tuned down to 10% weaker as well. I gapped my flipper switches more and it feels a little better because they were really touchy. I have however noticed the flipper drop every once in a while. Don’t know what causes that.

2 weeks later
#6766 1 year ago

I thought 2.6 is for LV owners only? SV doesn’t have 2 switch flippers unless you change them out?

#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes, the pf is...weirdly delicate. Don't use microfiber on them. Use 100% cotton. It does dimple, I think dimples show up more on black gloss (when lit).
That being said, I would think scratches could be buffed out at some point.

I have already used a microfiber cloth several times and I will have to look for scratching. I don’t see how that is possible tho being that a pinball is rolling around and doesn’t scratch the playfield. Dimples, yes for sure. I guess just use a cotton t-shirt in a circular motion.

1 month later
#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

Yes, I think 2.6 can be considered stable now. The big differences from 2.4 are some improved light effects, a few subtle rules improvements, and better flipper & up post control.

Isn’t 2.6 for the LV’s only? I’m running 2.4 on my SV and it’s been playing really good.

1 month later
#8219 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

This is happening more frequently - any suggested approach to remediate that is minimally destructive?

Just bend the upper ramp forks down a tiny bit so the ball doesn’t get stuck.

#8237 1 year ago

Would you be interested in making more for sale?

#8295 1 year ago

I have mine at 6.7 degrees. I’m still on version 2.4 and just recently I am having my left lower flipper releasing and popping back up as if I’m releasing the flipper button and pushing back in when I’m not. Hopefully it is just a switch gap issue or something easy. Anyone else experienced this flipper issue?

2 weeks later
#8671 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Make sure they're not tight to the bushing. Some users have replaced the PB bushings with William's due to the tops being rough and causing drag.

I was instructed differently from Cato. He told me to sand the top of the bushing and then install the flipper bat tight to the top of the bushing.

2 weeks later
#9065 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ask me no Questions I'll tell you no lies

Please detail how you did this!! Looks great!

1 month later
#10091 1 year ago

I have an early SV and still running fine with 2.4. I’m not changing code even if they do release 3.0. If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.

3 weeks later
#10594 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

OK I love this game, but why oh why did they not think to put acid burn holes in the artwork or something like that so you can see below the damn return ramps into the outlanes? I hate how it's blind luck once the ball is in the outlane area. Is anyone working on alternative plastics for the ramp returns?[quoted image]

Great idea. I hate the left side being blind like that too. Someone make these!

4 weeks later
#11109 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

cut rubber post sleeve to fit under and over this rubber... prolongs this rubbers life.
[quoted image]

Does anybody know what size post sleeve this is? There are like 3 or 4 different sizes on PL.

#11161 1 year ago

Does the apron mod incorporate the beacons on top too? If so, when do they come on during the game?

2 weeks later
#11374 1 year ago

Is Cato still helping with the customer service?

2 weeks later
#11691 1 year ago

What a fuckin mess. I have no confidence in these software upgrades. I’m on 2.4 and game was playing well until a few weeks ago. My left flippers are now dropping when trying to cradle and sometimes don’t go up at all when the left button is pushed.

#11724 1 year ago

Is the firmware .71 or .75???

1 week later
#12227 1 year ago

Every game is going to dimple. Play the game and don’t worry about it. I never understand people who put on playfield protectors. Who are you protecting it for, the next guy, to make a few more bucks on the resale? I personally can’t stand the way they play/feel.

#12250 1 year ago

Dang, I didn’t know PB had a longer replacement upper post. Saw that my upper post near the upper right flipper was loose and upon removing I am starting to get playfield damage. Here is a picture of my post. Is the longer replacement the way to go or is there a B/W post that works better? Also what should I do to to try and stop or cover up the damage that is on the playfield already?
DD6B4B38-6735-43B2-97EB-0C09935D7833 (resized).jpegDD6B4B38-6735-43B2-97EB-0C09935D7833 (resized).jpeg1C9C8FFD-636D-4988-94AB-8F42BD3E134A (resized).jpeg1C9C8FFD-636D-4988-94AB-8F42BD3E134A (resized).jpeg

#12252 1 year ago

You didn’t use the longer replacement post that PB offers then? The original does not thread into that playfield nut much and the longer one is suppose to thread in there more. I suppose that would get loose as well without a lock nut, so your solution makes sense.

#12257 1 year ago

Anybody have the longer threaded upper right playfield post from PB? Is the replacement post staying in place better and not causing playfield damage?

#12259 1 year ago

The generation 3 weapons targets still move and get off centered after a few hard ball hits. Anybody have some target splints to keep them straight or any ideas to keep them straight?

#12300 1 year ago

For those of you with newer builds, SV or LV, can you comment on how your upper playfield post, post right below upper right flipper, is holding up or staying in place to not cause any playfield damage please.

1 week later
#12526 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Yes they work? The ones I got were off of a LV.
Just put a post up in the apron mod thread to see if somebody will sell you their original ones off of a LV. That's what I did.

I’ll just ask here. Does anybody have the LE and not using the stock beacons by using the apron mod? Can I buy them from you? Thanks!

#12589 1 year ago

I got a replacement upper playfield post from PB, but it’s not making sense. The new post has that thicker skirt below the nut looking base which is not letting me screw the post all the way down to the playfield. Wanting to put a carbon fiber washer there as well as another metal washer and the post won’t hold them in place if I can’t screw it down to the playfield. Do I need to open that opening in the playfield more around the T-nut? Don’t really want to tear up the playfield anymore than it already is.

410123CD-E170-474E-9B1E-C3D80B4A659A (resized).jpeg410123CD-E170-474E-9B1E-C3D80B4A659A (resized).jpeg6BC7BD52-6221-4D22-8C47-E0ECA55ED5F7 (resized).jpeg6BC7BD52-6221-4D22-8C47-E0ECA55ED5F7 (resized).jpeg
#12591 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I assume your game is an earlier production unit as your PF has the artwork right up to the post hole, and I wonder if PB/Buthamburg not only changed the newer PF's to not have artwork under the post's washer but also put in a larger hole to accommodate at more sturdy post??

Exactly what I’m wondering too. Do all you newer game owners have that post with the nut base all the way against the playfield right?

#12592 1 year ago

I suppose I’ll take a smell dremmel tool and see if I can open that playfield hole a little larger to accommodate the larger skirt? Any better ideas?

#12595 1 year ago

Ok good idea. I would have to remove the t-nut to do that. What is the best way to get the t-nut out? Kind of a pain in the ass because the upper right flipper assembly covers that t-nut and going to have to remove it to do so. Thanks all for the tips.

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I would try and screw that down just the way it is...I often have posts on playfields that are super tight to the point I need a small punch to remove them...this looks no different and you want this post tight fitting...I imagine its hitting the t nut? can you just try wrenching it down and see how it goes?

I suppose I could try that. That would be a shitty design if it’s bottoming out on the t-nut. My fear of cranking it down is stripping the post threads or the nut itself.

#12599 1 year ago

Pretty sure the threads are the same. It screws down until the skirt hits the playfield.

1 week later
#12673 1 year ago

I received some replacement flipper switches for my SV as my original ones, left one, was crooked and not keeping constant contact when button was pushed and held in. I’m pretty sure I received the dual flipper switches as there are two contacts and 4 wires for each switch. Are these programmed into the SV to stage flippers? Can someone please take a picture of how the switches are mounted to the side of the cabinet hitting the flipper buttons (LV). I want to make sure I’m mounting it correctly and what rests on the button.

#12685 1 year ago

Can you post a picture of your flipper button switches please. I’d like to see how they are mounted to the side of the cabinet over the flipper button. Thanks.

#12698 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you post a picture of your flipper button switches please. I’d like to see how they are mounted to the side of the cabinet over the flipper button. Thanks.

Anyone with a LV, could you please take a few pics of the dual switch flipper switches and how they are mounted to the sides of the cabinet. I have a SV and PB sent me the dual switches to replace and they are not lining up.

#12726 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There are several photos posted in this thread. It's no secret. We need to do better at marking key posts like this one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/240#post-7312073[quoted image][quoted image]

The mounting doesn’t look right. Should not the flipper button post be hitting the back of the first leaf with the white plastic knob? These pictures show the flipper button hitting the long metal leaf going to the upper left flipper and basically bypassing the lower flipper switch. I’m confused. Never mind. I see how the switch is suppose to work thanks to the short video that Shawn sent me. No help here.

4 weeks later
#13234 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Mirror blades all the way plus it makes the playfield brighter.

Best place to get mirror blades for this game?

3 weeks later
#13567 1 year ago

Where do you get the mini beacons and please show us how you did it.

2 weeks later
#13708 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Bad picture but these are Bally Williams stand ups according to the seller!
[quoted image]

How are they wired up with the PCB boards they use and then the wiring harness to the main boards?

1 week later
#13770 11 months ago

I broke my lower left flipper today and all of them are the early original run flippers without the PB logo. Does anybody sell the Pinball Brothers black logo flipper bats? Will submit a ticket for replacements if not. Can I use B/W flipper bats?

7C96F032-D655-46C3-A468-F9287727A296 (resized).jpeg7C96F032-D655-46C3-A468-F9287727A296 (resized).jpegF33E57BF-3277-4048-BA4B-7A14E055C309 (resized).jpegF33E57BF-3277-4048-BA4B-7A14E055C309 (resized).jpeg
#13773 11 months ago

Nice! I sent Shawn a request for some replacements. I’m sure he will get back to me next week.

#13775 11 months ago

Please tell me who sells these. I thought the only way to get new flipper clamps/pawls is to buy the whole flipper rebuild kit. Is there a PB flipper rebuild kit or do you buy B/W? Which ones?

#13777 11 months ago

I don’t want precision flippers. Stock is just fine for me.

#13800 11 months ago

Shout out to Shawn and PB. Their support for this game is excellent. I showed him pics of my busted lower left flipper and with some persuading to get the newer style logo ones, he is going to send me 2 flipper bats with the logos.

#13809 11 months ago

It’s an ass kicker for sure. I use the upper left flipper to keep it away from the left lanes as much as possible. I also really wish the left lanes were not obstructed from view with the left ramp in the way. Oh well, it is still one of the best new games out there IMO. Different layout, shots, and feel, which is a good thing because I get tired of the same Stern feeling. I’ve had my share of Sterns.

2 weeks later
#13976 10 months ago

I thought those target splints were only for version 1 or 2 weapon targets? Do they work for the latest version 3 targets?

2 weeks later
#14035 10 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Good morning all-
Is there a way to add shaker to the SV? Is this an easy plug and play, or a nightmare?
Thanks

Start a support ticket and ask Shawn Or Andrea.

2 weeks later
#14137 9 months ago

Have a single lamp out on the facehugger symbol for the left kick out/mother shot. Can this be fixed somehow or does the whole board underneath need to be replaced?

4 weeks later
#14311 8 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Right ramp ball fly-off....no issue anymore
[quoted image]

Good idea. Where did you get it?

#14314 8 months ago

Put me down for one too if you make some. Thanks!

1 week later
#14385 8 months ago

How about a real knocker on a SV, has anybody installed one of those or even possible?

2 months later
#15144 5 months ago

Cool, does this make my SV limited now? Only so many SV’s were made, so my game is limited now and worth about $2k more. Sweet!!!

#15155 5 months ago

They should improve the weapon and xeno targets from those micro switches to leaf switches. That would make a huge difference right there. Looking forward to the new assets for sure tho.

#15460 5 months ago

Where are the inner blades? Are these art blades? They are supposed to be in the new game version so where is the option for buying those separately?

#15532 5 months ago

Does the new price include shipping?

#15616 5 months ago

No option to buy the side art blades? I want those for my SV.

#15641 5 months ago

Side art blades and a knocker kit please!!

#15801 5 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I checked my rubber to the right of the Xeno and found that it was nearly cut all the way through and was getting ready to break. (This is my second rubber already.)
Great advice, Baggerman. I just followed it. Thank you!
[quoted image]

Could you or anyone else please tell me the size rubber used to replace this one to the right of the Xeno? Also, which size post sleeve works for this added protection?

#15886 5 months ago

How about some side art blades for the SV?

#15914 4 months ago

I am an early owner of the SV and running code version 2.4 with firmware version .56
Game has been playing pretty darn good for a while and am contemplating if I should upgrade to 3.2 and .71 firmware. Hate to mess thing up. Are any SV owners running 3.2 and .71 without issues? I suppose I don’t need to upgrade but when the new code drops I want to be ready for that as well.

#15975 4 months ago

I am hoping they take the weapons targets one step further and make them leaf type so they can handle the beating they take.

1 week later
#16116 4 months ago

Follow up with Predator and you got some sales bro!!

1 week later
#16263 4 months ago

Has someone made brackets for the weapons targets?

#16285 4 months ago

I thought you said they don’t work with the newest generation targets or am I wrong?

#16323 4 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone know what the flipper hold power default is? The setting lets you choose any percentage, or “default” but doesn’t say what percentage that is.

Does this setting help keep the flipper up when balls hit them? I have recently noticed that a strong or fast ball from the upper kick out when my flipper is up to try and do a catch makes my flipper drop. The pawl is not loose because after flipping it when it drops it goes back to straight or proper alignment. It has never done this before.

#16341 4 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Was there official confirmation on whether or not the RV would include interior side blade art? I believe the SV did NOT, and I’m not seeing anywhere in the ads confirming art blades come with the RV…if they do, are they unique to the RV or are they the same as the LV?

I asked PB if they plan on doing some side art blades for the SV and they said yes. Who knows when.

#16352 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, that is what it does... Had the same issue but not anymore..

I was trying to find that adjustment in my game and I can’t find it or it is not on my version of code. I am still on 2.4. What version are you on? What about other SV owners please?

#16355 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've gone back a few pages, but can't find where you posted the resolution to the issue?

I do not have this adjustment in my game. I am on 2.4. I guess I might have to upgrade.

#16358 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

What adjustment? I didn't mention one?

Flipper hold power or flipper duty? Don’t know if one or either are in the current code but I know I don’t see it in my setting or adjustments. Can someone check on their SV?

1 week later
#16490 3 months ago

Hello pinheads. I have a first run SV and want to know if other newer SV owners have weapons targets that light up? Not the inserts below the targets but the actual targets, do they light up or is this a LV upgrade? Thanks!

#16492 3 months ago

Interesting. All my boards in my game do not have the connections for the LED lights. Mine has the switch 2 pin connector and that’s it.

#16496 3 months ago

Yep I see the differences in the boards that are for sale. I contacted PB to see if they might send me the updated boards and hopefully they will. Why should us early adaptors not have what was intended.

#16511 3 months ago

New code 4.0 is out!

#16723 3 months ago

Just remove it. I did.

#16748 3 months ago

I have not updated to 4.0, maybe it’s best to wait until it’s all ironed out as there seems to be problems.

#16771 3 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There are several photos posted in this thread. It's no secret. We need to do better at marking key posts like this one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/240#post-7312073[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey guys. I installed my dual switches like this as shown in this post and my flippers are going off opposite as intended. Meaning my first contact on each button is firing my upper flippers first and then the second contact on each is firing my lower flippers. Both switches are wired the same way into the quick connect. They need to be switched and don’t know the easiest way to do this.

#16774 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No you just need to adjust the leafs as they are contacting in the wrong order (a few of us had this issue when they first released the staged flipper code).
First thing is to confirm the leaf switch closest the button/cabinet wall is activating the lower flipper - ensure the game is set to staged flippers, then use a piece of thick paper to stop the inner most leaf switch from closing and press the flipper button. If the lower flipper activates the wiring is correct, so if removing the piece of paper the upper flipper activates before the lower flipper, then the button is closing the inner leaf (upper flipper) prior to the outer leaf (lower flipper) - in this case you just need to adjust the leafs such that the outer leafs (closest the button) closes first. But if, with the paper inserted, the upper flipper activates then wiring to the leafs is incorrect and needs to be swapped around.

I don’t think they are contacting in the wrong order. The first contact closest to the button is activating the upper flipper and the second one is activating the lower flipper. It’s flipped. I guess I will have to change the wiring to the switches but they are heat shrinked with rubber and probably soldered. Pain in the ass maybe.

1 week later
#16894 3 months ago

I would definitely increase to 6.7 or more.

1 week later
#17013 3 months ago

Curious how you guys with a SV or LV that have the staged flippers set up are working. I have mine setup and the flipper switches adjusted correctly and the first contact of the switches is activating the upper flipper first then the second contact is activating the lower flippers. It’s opposite from what I am used to with Stern flipper staging. Is this how this game is designed?

#17061 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Curious how you guys with a SV or LV that have the staged flippers set up are working. I have mine setup and the flipper switches adjusted correctly and the first contact of the switches is activating the upper flipper first then the second contact is activating the lower flippers. It’s opposite from what I am used to with Stern flipper staging. Is this how this game is designed?

Anyone care to comment on their staged flipper for any version please.

#17134 86 days ago

I installed the staged flippers on my SV and everything works except the activation is backwards for me. The upper flipper activates on first contact and then the lower on second. Backwards. PB wants me to send them videos of this and people on here say I just need to switch the wiring on the switches. For now I have just disabled it until confirmation from PB. Those asking about the switches, just get them from PB, otherwise people on here have said to replace the weak push back switches with some Stern switches.

#17137 86 days ago

The double switches I got from PB eliminates that weak feeling and feels much better than with the old single style. This game is so fast for me that staging doesn’t really matter.

#17139 86 days ago

I got mine through support because my original switches were faulty and mounted poorly.

#17155 83 days ago

They screw down and hold the playfield down to the receiver. I never use mine.

1 week later
#17303 73 days ago

Version 4.1 is getting released tomorrow.

1 month later
#17857 34 days ago

I agree, the stand up targets are really annoying. They take a beating and the design should have been with leaf switches. I could care less about the lighting. I’m lowering my flipper strength even more so I get less air balls and hard hits on these targets. PB should do another revision. Hint hint.

1 week later
#17988 23 days ago

When are we gonna get a real knocker? The screetch is worse than Sterns.

#18004 23 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

never understood the want for this when most play on Free Play...

I don’t. The knocker just sounds cool. Why not ?

#18025 22 days ago

How much is the plastic protector set from Colywobbles?

#18120 16 days ago

I’m all for someone to make leaf switch weapons targets.

1 week later
#18321 9 days ago

I have one of the first run SV’s and although it had its problems, they were all taken care of by PB’s. My issues were more mechanical and they have sent replacement parts galore. I have the staged flipper switches and have yet to update to newest code to see if they work correctly, mine was one with the reversed upper and lower firing order. Supposedly the new code will fix this. I got value when first buying because the first SV’s were $7777 plus shipping. It was the best value premium game at the time IMO. Now the value is shit because of the new RV, but I don’t give a f$&k because I have a great game. It plays good and hopefully PB will be here for a long time if I ever need replacement parts. The extra bling wasn’t worth the extra cash for me. The stainless hardware is kick ass because I could care less for powder coat painting. Pinstadiums are not needed, the darker playfield matches the ambiance of the game. I like the SV art better than the RV art but the LE art is the best. Just making a case for the SV as I chose it. Either way it’s a great game no matter the version.

#18380 5 days ago

Pretty standard. Not the best design.

#18482 2 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The next logical step would have obviously been Predator.

Agree. WTF is ABBA?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lethal_Inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Lethal_Inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.