b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3370 2 years ago

Just noticed this thread:

Cato has excellent customer service and is helping me get a care package but I can tell you, this game has been nothing but a nightmare:

Keep in mind my game is on location.

Obviously we have the screen not turning on issue sometimes and you have to leave the game off for 20 seconds and reboot.
Some mystery sound crackling issue once every 50 or so times you turn the game on. Turn off, reboot, fixes itself.
Randomly during multiplayer (4 player games during tournaments or randomly every 50 or so games) game will not shoot ball out of the shooter lane and you have to restart the game. Real fun for tournaments)
Multiple targets don't register correctly
Left slingshot bracket broken in game multiple times where it is locked on all the way to the right
Upper left post coil bad. Caused 250v line to blow. Took us a bit to track this down. Reading 0.2 ohms. Coils 1-12 would be out in the main computer from middle fuse.
Game SHIPPED with 5amp min fuses. Game says they need to be 8amp mini fuses. 8amp minis are not easily found here. Was told by Cato that PB screwed up and they are supposed to be 10a so they SHIPPED all this with incorrect values and this was verified by him.
Game was blowing fuse and unplayable because of this mystery. We had to modify the middle fuse to a BIGGER 10a fuse to make it play correctly.
Magnet for Xenomorph tongue fell off (one side) onto the playfield (part of the magnet broke off but still works)

All of this happened BEFORE 100 plays but after 50 plays (per previous owner this had 50 plays on it WITH the CPU being replaced somewhere in the middle of the 50 plays)

The question is not "if" it is "when" you will have these issues and have to tinker.

One guy was saying how great this is on location yet he has to be in the cabinet every other day. Not sure how a brand new pin requiring that is "great" for location when the realization is any "warranty" does not cover having to have time/techs deal with all this.

Inexcusable in my opinion and i have had the notable location break down pins (Lebowski, Rick and Morty, TNA, and Pirates JJP)

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

I had my machine at Pin a go go this weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It had a constant flow of people playing it. It was very reliable. 3 issues I saw was:
1. One time the mouth closed before the ball on the tongue retracted. Solved with a power cycle.
2. Hypersleep lock did not release a ball. Solved with power cycle.
3. Right slingshot would stick extended (coil retracted). This looks like a mechanical binding between the linkage and the coil rod. It occured 3 times. Once late last night and twice this am. DreamTR Did the stuck slinshot look like this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that is what was going on with my left slingshot.

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am getting an alien Se soon. Buying it from a friend and it has a build date of 4/12/21. He has had minor issues like the xenomorph doesn’t always grab the ball but nothing major. He also doesn’t play it much. I seen they have upgraded parts. Are they covered under warranty and what should all be looking out for?

You need to have more plays to make a good judgment (your friend) I can tell you the game WILL have issues regardless but yes, all covered under warranty.

#3425 2 years ago

My biggest issue is the ball won't "launch" randomly during gameplay and I have to reboot the whole machine. That along with the black screen = we are all glorified beta testers on the game paying them.

#3434 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I have finally replaced enough parts that my game is "playable". I put about 10-12 games on it. But it suffers from trough issues still. I have replaced all the optos cause the first batch had at least one bad opto on the board. But now it will occasionally not register the last ball draining into the trough. Hitting the flippers or nudging usually gets it to register, but not always. I've had to reboot a couple times. But one time I heard the game over call out and the screen went back to PB and the green eggs shot. But the flippers were still working. No ball ejecting, and the start button didn't work, so another reboot.

Happens on mine too. On location. It's obnoxious how often this happens.

Honestly I think that when people make posts about these games they see working at a show for a day or so and it "works fine" and they think a purchase can be made they really don't think about the rigorous testing involved that needs to happen to know this for sure.

People complain about Stern stuff but it never has shit like this happening.

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Stern sells 1000's upon thousands a year for 30+ years? I would hope not. And yet, they still have issues. Let's be real here. PB's first machine, and there are less than 100 of these things out in the wild. Thinking location play is a good thing for it is pretty damn optimistic. We can argue what they 'should' have done, but you could also argue, that people with the money should know better.
I haven't really had many trough issues, but they are there occasionally. I think a solution would be to create a 'cliffy' style curved lip(with maybe a bit of rubber on the lane side), bump the trough power up, then if the ball bounces off the wall the lip should either prevent it from reentering or roll it back into the lane. I also wonder if a one way gate wouldn't resolve it, or if it would cause more issues.

More like third machine.

It is the same company regardless of what anyone thinks and the game is years old with issues.

Stern stuff does not have mega game breaking reset stuff but to say that someone with money "should know better" is pretty shitty. This is a huge license and the game is almost 9K. Give me a break thinking that is supposed to have all the problems it does. Coil stops breaking on Stern games is way less of an issue than anything here with Alien.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Wow I musta been away for awhile or something, what are the other 2 Games Pinball Brothers made again ?

You are living on a rock if you think that isn't Heighway Pinball all over again.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are some, but what you are mostly hearing about is people who had to be at the front of the line and if they are operators, should know better on not only this machine, but in pinball in general. There aren't that many games out there, and you are going to hear about the ones with issues the most.
I'm sorry they are having issues, but mine has been pretty problem free. Is it stable enough for on location play? I don't think so, at least not yet. It's been fine for home play.
I find it hilarious that someone is going to throw out that 'Stern doesn't have these issues' when there is thread after thread with just that. Different issues, still issues, and downtime issues at that.

I run numerous Sterns, JJP, Spooky, and even Dutch machines along with all the other stuff I have.

The arcade I own is the largest in the South. Probably 3rd or 4th largest in the country and we put these through the ringer in tournaments as well.

I can tell you Stern games bang for the buck are better at holding up. Is their customer service great? No. Spooky and PB have way better service but just because you have great customer service does not mean your games hold up.

To say it is "my fault and I should know better" is asinine. People don't put a lot of plays on these in their house, so of course they aren't going to have issues.

I am not some random person regardless of thread after thread of game issues with some of these. People complain about coil stops and dimples on the pf when Spooky has opto madness in TNA on a daily basis even to this day in some places and fuse after fuse after fuse holder after wiring after coil after wtf else on Rick and Morty.

Not even going to get into how Pirates of the Carribean was by JJP and that game isn't made for a reason but you know, people still believe JJP for why it is not made when they knew 100% that game was a nightmare for everyone and is a house of cards.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I owned a early build standard POTC. It was route for 2k plays and the only issue was playfield chipping. Not a bad experience at all with my Potc and it’s an awesome playing pin.
This is getting super off topic. You sold your alien because of the issues. If you’re still that pissed go start a thread on the crappy build quality of PB Alien. Then you can have other folks to complain about it instead of trying to convince owners they have a shitty pin. If I start having a bunch of issues with mine I will come join you

I didn't sell my Alien. I still have it. Running in my arcade.

So yes, I can say anything I want about the topic. This isn't some gestapo shit here. I own the game, I run it on location for people to play on free play.

You fail to see I am trying to keep this running so people can PLAY IT PUBLICLY.

Sorry, the fact of the matter is the game has issues. The company is dealing with it, but this romanticizing of boutique stuff needs to stop.

And you are very lucky on the POTC. Every one of them ends up having the same issues eventually.

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Is it Game Terminal ? If not whats the name of your spot ?

Game Galaxy.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

All that experience and you don't know to not buy the first games off the line of an unproven company? Come on man. Even I know that. I was VERY hesitant to even buy the end of the first batch. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm just stating the obvious. There's literally around 40 games in peoples hands. Surely you didn't think they were going to be problem free? I get what you are saying about Stern, but that was my original point. It should be expected because they've been selling 1000's of games a year for decades. Expecting that from what was already a problematic game from a new company is very optimistic. *edit: don't misunderstand, I too think companies really need to have better QA before letting these things into the wild. Some of the choices PB has made is baffling and can only be explained with cost cutting. The thing is, we already know that isn't happening because most games are selling out sight unseen within hours, and companies are finding they don't need to worry about it.
I've still had LESS problems with Alien than I had with R&M. *knocks on wood*.

I bought the game from someone who played it 50 times, already had the CPU and stated there were no issues with the game. We can't get the game until next year sometime at the least so I figured this would be fine from that, but slowly but surely there were small issues not detailed about the game which led to the more common big issues people need to be aware of.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Why?… Romanticizing new games, including new themes, new mechanisms, new art packages, etc - no matter where they come from - is practically the reason for pinside. Wishing success to boutiques is positive for the hobby. Boutiques open doors for new possibilities and push larger manufacturers towards a better product.

You can wish them greatness but be realistic.

Predator and Magic Girl and who knows what other mess are calling with others money well spent.

I called out the Predator mess on here years ago and was shunned for not being positive.

On here I am shunned for BUYING the game because "I should know better" and you guys are defending that but glossing over issues that need to be addressed?

Ok pot meeting kettle.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I never said shut down discussion... I said share solutions with a positive attitude.... not just "It's broken and I'm hopeless" complaints.

As stated earlier there are no good solutions right now. People posted saying the game has no issues but I started posting and a pile of people have the same issues as I do. As of right now I think people have a right to be upset about this kind of stuff because of the cost involved and the warranty only covering parts.

As I alluded to before I shouldn't have to do all the work myself (can you imagine a car company with a vehicle having all of these problems) or paying someone to do it. Service is still service. Issues being resolved I don't see how right now. This is why I put out a warning for future Alien owners as they will have these issues.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Once again, you're just complaining.... If this was your first pinball machine or something, then I'd understand why you might be surprised or upset. You're complaining about not wanting to replace parts yourself? You're in the wrong hobby dude.... it is not for you.

I mean you are just a clown at this point. Failing to read the posts where I clearly said I put this out and 160+ other machines for FREE PLAY on location for people to enjoy.

I spent 9k on this machine. It needs to be working.

You sound like the people who were protecting Skit-B when I called them out about stuff at this point.

1 month later
#4116 2 years ago

Is this game still running v 2.2? I have not checked here in awhile.

1 week later
#4248 2 years ago

2.4 update, I still get black out screens almost daily. And now this:

261354743_863195054336593_8293377410258677405_n (resized).jpg261354743_863195054336593_8293377410258677405_n (resized).jpg
#4249 2 years ago
262823651_1001972347015611_6315707641748555488_n (resized).jpg262823651_1001972347015611_6315707641748555488_n (resized).jpg
#4262 2 years ago

LOL after trying to factory restore

262819791_965093217769695_6199484995362575653_n (resized).jpg262819791_965093217769695_6199484995362575653_n (resized).jpg
#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

LOL after trying to factory restore
[quoted image]

Still waiting on any word. 3 days now. Completely bricked machine

1 month later
#5063 2 years ago

My game is now on 35 days of being dead. New code bricked it, Doesn't even recognize the drive anymore. "Supposedly" this computer was already replaced once. Can't get answers from PB, Cato keeps saying stuff to the factory for me but this has literally been the biggest piece of garbage I have ever purchased. Owned it 3 months and it has just been broken for most of it.

Not even sure what I can do at this point but they have sent me replacement things before but now I need something to get the game to even boot. I really wish they would send me a new machine at this point.

#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

That sucks. They should send you a new computer + drive to replace it all. Hopefully Cato will come through on this, he seem like a great support guy what I've heard.

He is not as responsive as he was when the issues were "minor" initially. This is the second time it's been down for over two weeks and supposedly before I got this it had a new computer in it as well. He's taking a week or so for responses now.

#5070 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm curious, are you the original owner? If not, you get a great deal on a broken machine? some sample games were sold at a huge discount. What's the build date? Maybe Cato can get a local shop to take it in as a project and just send you a new game. Hope Cato sorts this out for ya, that sucks man. I would rather deal with Cato than any other manufacture, your in good hands.

I've been asking for a new game for awhile. I bought this game from someone who had it for three weeks, so it is one of the first batch. Supposedly the computer was replaced when he got it as he also had issues but I did not know the level of stuff that was going on until I had the machine. It literally started having issues within 30 min after I got it. It's been nothing but a nightmare. I paid $9250 I believe for this.

Cato has just been slow for whatever reason. Literally no excuse at this point. I need a new machine. The hard drive won't show in the boot menu. We've been through all this with him. He sent me a new one, it lasted one day. It's crazy how bad this machine is. He's been great about sending parts before because half the machine had issues (mind you I run this on location) but I am over it at this point. Pirates didn't break this much and I sold that.

7 months later
#9813 1 year ago

Anyone had an issue with theirs where the audio doesn't work, left flippers are dead and it starts a 3P game? I/o board already was changed and that didn't solve it. Me thinks CPU. Again. This would be the 3rd to replace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=DreamTR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.