b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#725 2 years ago

I emailed cointaker to get my name on an LV, is there any indication of how many LV’s will be made and how many are spoken for?

1 week later
#838 2 years ago

Checking in on opinions... are there any alien machines possibly available for the current delivery? Should I wait for the LV?

I already contacted cointaker about the LV.

#851 2 years ago

My grail pin is Cheers

Actually it’s always been alien LE, just was never in a position to do it until now

1 week later
#969 2 years ago

Bros, haven’t seen the LV yet, but I want one something bad!

This is my dream theme

Have any of you ever watched the movies rooting for the Zenomorphs?
It’s like watching a really great suspenseful romcom right up to the very end, then the boyfriend gets broken up with in the worst way and then killed off. damn the vacuum of space!

1 month later
#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Order a HorWheels, best bang for the buck and supper fun, well built and great customer support! Ferret's on the job 24/7!!

Played one today for a while, we just couldn’t get into it, there’s no magic. Awaiting alien LV

3 weeks later
#1980 2 years ago

Gonna duct tape a flamethrower to it

4 weeks later
#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just joined the club game was missing the legs unfortunately. Other than that really happy to finally add Alien to the collection.
[quoted image]

Missing legs!?

1EBC1771-F4EF-465B-B0C5-0D1D96DE4561 (resized).jpeg1EBC1771-F4EF-465B-B0C5-0D1D96DE4561 (resized).jpeg
#2703 2 years ago

Alien has a zenomorph on the playfield

Godzilla has a watermelon lizard on the playfield

#2741 2 years ago

I’ll buy a set of protectors if some some sells them

Edit: green fluorescent desired

1 week later
#3290 2 years ago

Deposit in on LV, 2 mods on their way. This is a dream theme for me... my wife and I watched every alien movie available on our honeymoon 15 years ago, so yeah, super stoked

1 month later
#3951 2 years ago

Thank you kciaccio for gracing us with this in Houston Tx this weekend
What a blast!
5601E3FE-CF93-4907-9F0F-E1B67880C840 (resized).jpeg5601E3FE-CF93-4907-9F0F-E1B67880C840 (resized).jpeg
... and yes, Houston has a plethora of storm troopers.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you talking to Jimmy Lipham ( Compy )? He's fantastic and the nicest guy - he originally did the TZ interactive backboard (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-twilight-zone-interactive-backboard-display) before Tron. They're very cool mods!

Great idea! I saw the one on Tron in person this weekend, it would be perfect for alien

1 week later
#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Yup, I like that one a lot , great job

3 weeks later
#4577 2 years ago

Love the armor, art, beacons, blades!

I’m ready!!!

A few hopeful wishes...
Exact color of powdercoat, so I can match to the coin door (why oh why is the coin door not powdercoated!? That always bugs me)
Apron... what’s going on there ?

Edit
(Apron, shown)

#4588 2 years ago

A few hopeful wishes...
Exact color of powdercoat, so I can match to the coin door (why oh why is the coin door not powdercoated!? That always bugs me)

... also...

Zenomorph tongue sculpt??? Is this ever going to be a thing?

I know it’s amazing that we have the tongue , just ready for someone to dress it up

4 months later
#7557 1 year ago

Just read almost 1300 posts to catch up, you. guys. are. awesome... now I want in on option 1 on the apron and beacon mod! Lol

1 month later
#8124 1 year ago

Anybody know the latest LV build numbers?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#8398 1 year ago

Does anyone know the forum post of the staged flipper fix?

#8418 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The LV has staged flipper switches and software to use them. Not sure if the SV is able to now be retrofitted with a dual flipper switch stack, as it is dependent upon whether it is coded in the firmware or software for the SV.

Thank you, I don’t have the machine yet, I just thought I was missing something

#8516 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

4/23/21 - On the LV list
10/02/21 - Deposit Paid
7/14/21 - Final Invoice received & PAID!
Now the real waiting begins!

Got mine last night

#8554 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

has anyone tried to add the mini beacons on the playfield? If so, how and where did you get them?

Oooooo. This sounds fun, I want in on this

2 months later
#10420 1 year ago

My alien LV should be arriving soon,( I just got my fedex tracking on October 4th, 2022 from Cointaker)
(Just for the record, Melissa has been honest and informative each time I have talked with her and she has taken my call each of the 5 times I have called her, this is the 2nd machine I have purchased from Cointaker. Star Trek Premium, BoP2.0 kit, AlienLV)
Ordered May 6, 2021. Paid Deposit October 2021, Paid in full July 2022

Before it arrives, should I get flipper button and switch parts coming?
Is there anything else I should get from pinball life in preparation?

#10422 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I received a new switch from support and I don't have any new flipper switch issues. I have not received my new flipper buttons. I did notice when I had the switch out that the button is spring loaded just very weak. So I don't have a recommendation yet.
The new buttons are cheap ~$2 but the switches as $13 each. Might be good to wait. I image the LV will have the new style switches in them and may be fine out of the box

Thank you, Ill just hold off until I get the machine setup

#10588 1 year ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

OK I love this game, but why oh why did they not think to put acid burn holes in the artwork or something like that so you can see below the damn return ramps into the outlanes? I hate how it's blind luck once the ball is in the outlane area. Is anyone working on alternative plastics for the ramp returns?[quoted image]

You could pull them out and drop some real acid on them

#10589 1 year ago

Alrighty!
My LV Will be here soon, in-transit anyway, so fingers crossed!

Who sells those fancy green plastic protectors?

#10591 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Congrats! When did you put a deposit down and when did you get notice for full payment? Just curious as I have had an LV on order for a while now and it's been crickets for 6 months.

If you ordered from cointaker... give Melissa a call, she can let you know details

Ordered May 6, 2021 $1. Paid Deposit October 2021 $1000, Paid in full July 2022

1 week later
#10675 1 year ago

LV 282 has arrived!

I found my original email wanting to be placed on a list from 2016, it’s been a long road, it was worth it. This game is amazing!

A couple of questions, how do I unlock and get the trans light out?

Edit: figured it out ((I used the key, no matter how I spend the key I lift up and cannot get it to pull free.))

I found this bolt and nut that fell out of the back of the cabinet whenever I pulled the plastic cover off of the machine, anyone know where they go?

Scratches on the chrome ramps and the sidewalls of the ramps, how are you all dealing with these scratches?

A5FCDF05-A6A9-43CA-86AE-A6F548E7E3B2 (resized).jpegA5FCDF05-A6A9-43CA-86AE-A6F548E7E3B2 (resized).jpeg
#10764 1 year ago

I’m getting the strobing screen issue, what do I need to do to fix this?

FFAC1E5F-8AC1-452D-92FE-5D25B67BCD2F (resized).jpegFFAC1E5F-8AC1-452D-92FE-5D25B67BCD2F (resized).jpeg
#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Do you have image 2.8 or 2.2? That issue is more frequent with the 2.8 image. The only fix is to power off for a few seconds and power on again. Repeat until it comes up properly.
I know PB is actively working on a fix for this issue. With the 2.2 image, I rarely ever saw that issue, but with 2.8, I've seen it many times this week.

Yes, I’m on 2.8

I installed the apron and tracker mod tonight

After I power cycle about three times, it fixes. Then I power cycle again and it messes up again

3 weeks later
#11264 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Double checked. Clearness is good.
The spinners natural resting position is a poor angle. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The actuator on the switch needs to be bent upward, I did that on both spinners, they work great now, don’t Bend the wire on the spinner

2 months later
#13083 1 year ago

Did anyone put on the Mezel mods 3d truss ?

I’m wandering if they look good, or if they just look like 3d printed junk

#13200 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here is my sentry mod. Neca toys and interactive flashing led strips. If you guys like it I shot a bench test video explaining how I did it using the playfield sentry LEDs as the trigger.

This is great!

#13215 1 year ago
Quoted from MylesMayhem:

Has anybody had an instance where the 2 top rods at the beginning of the ramp at the ball launch area come loose? The ball wasn't launching correctly and only going halfway up the ramp. When I watched the launch closer I saw that the top rods had come loose and was causing the ball launch issue. Has anybody experienced this and if so how did you fix the loose rods? I was considering cold welding the rods into place. Looking for advice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There used to be a video…. Wrap the joint with copper wire, then apply solder to strengthen the joint. Done right it will look factory

#13268 1 year ago

yall, Im at code 2.8 and fw .57

only code I see on the PB site is 3.0 and 3.2

please help me on what procedure I do to update from here

9 months later
#16753 4 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have not updated to 4.0, maybe it’s best to wait until it’s all ironed out as there seems to be problems.

Im thinking the same, maybe 4.1

#16805 4 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

They recommended a full install, not a delta upgrade. Full install works flawlessly.

Pb had you do a full rebuild and now you’re game is working flawlessly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.