b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1417 2 years ago

Pretty sharp looking!

1 week later
#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:I believe I've gotten all of issues resolved on my machine. So it is now located at Maltese Brewing Company in Fredericksburg, VA.
[quoted image]

Thanks for putting it on location, looking forward to flipping it!

3 weeks later
#1764 2 years ago

Strong work!

1 month later
#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Follow Hurry Ups advice on the post before this happens ..[quoted image]

Burthamburg... you were supposed to be the chosen ones!!

Played one on location last week. One of the lower flipper bats had already broken and been replaced and during my play the upper right snapped off. The flippers also lost power during gameplay more than once. I wonder if the resets and possibly the flipper power issues are related to lugs being grounded like the one dude had with his drops.

#2384 2 years ago

First machine from a new manufacturer. There are going to be growing pains and so far it seems they've done a good job with support and are working through the problems. I wish I had one to help with the testing

#2489 2 years ago

Cuz that's how software works just in case they change something that bricks the CPU or causes other worse issues.

2 weeks later
#2889 2 years ago

I thought it was Italy

No photos and doesnt sound like much to offset The price hike
SmartSelect_20210924-114807_Firefox.jpgSmartSelect_20210924-114807_Firefox.jpg

I really wish they at least made the backbox screen larger. Some real low hanging fruit there. The lit interior sounds cool though.

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

PBrothers fbook page has details! on LV!! Limited art, lit inner side blades, shaker motoer, custom alien head, rotating beacons.. check it out!!

Not a xeno head sculpt, xeno head side armor (etched or laser cut) it looks like

#2900 2 years ago

Is it just the translite art that is different? Same PF I'm guessing?

#3027 2 years ago

Aurich did you do the side blades and backboard as well? What was it like working with the lighting features / how did you go about that as far as design?

#3048 2 years ago

Makes sense Aurich. I'd love to hear about the artwork process for stuff like that some in the future. I always wonder about how the artwork evolves around the tech and which is driving which in one direction or another. Same goes for playfields and insert placement and design and all that.

#3201 2 years ago

Rats. I thought I was pretty early too. Was it email or a phone call cuz I think I ignored like 4 calls today that I assumed were all regarding my car's extended warranty.

#3273 2 years ago

My cointaker preorder $1 was Jan 10 and I haven't gotten invoiced yet.

#3277 2 years ago

got my invoice this evening

#3279 2 years ago

Anybody who paid the LV deposit get a timeframe estimate on the balance due and shipping?

#3307 2 years ago

I think I remember reading about people not having the correct vertical gap on flippers causing problems. With the linkage against the bushing it should the thickness of a credit card between the flipper and bushing on top.

2 weeks later
#3496 2 years ago

So do we have people with a confirmed working game that doesn't need restarted every now and again and is doing what is supposed to do for long periods of time? I was under the impression we did but I dont see a whole bunch speaking up.

#3505 2 years ago

Well that last reply is at least some good news. As far as the other question I was looking for something like "I have played this game on and off for weeks at a time without issues and would trust it on location" kind of stability.

#3508 2 years ago

I have an LV on order and usually put games straight on location but this one will definitely come home first to make sure it's stable. AND for me to rigorously test it.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:Hey all,
We just unboxed a new Alien and the left flip button is dead on arrival. Flipper coil activates in test mode. Leaf switch is gapped fine. Cleaned it with paper in case of gunk.
Any one have this issue or advice?

I don't have one, but I'd verify connectivity of both flipper button wires and compare the right and left sides from behind the button to the board they connect to.

#3640 2 years ago

There's 0 fucking way. That would be ridiculous.

#3648 2 years ago

The sound package on the game is uh-fricking-mazing I dont know why you'd want to change it

1 week later
#3790 2 years ago

Has anybody received an est pay in full / est delivery date for an LV?

#3792 2 years ago

Rock. I'll plan for late Feb then if the past is any indication

#3807 2 years ago

Are they rgb or just white / gi?

1 week later
#3967 2 years ago

Big fix! Strong work Cato and team!

#4057 2 years ago

You rule Ferret! Wanted one since the OG and I'm waiting patiently for an LV. It'll be on location down here once it's had plenty of home testing done

1 week later
#4138 2 years ago

I've sent cointaker two emails asking for ETAs on payment due with zero response. Based on that I bought another game and hope it will be a while.

#4276 2 years ago

I think that ramp bend might be from them tightening the screws down all the way under the playfield. Any ramp flap should be installed with the minimum bend required to make it sit flat along the playfield.

#4357 2 years ago

Regarding your flippers... do they move smoothly when you operate them with your hand? Correct amount of vertical travel?

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Cut a V shaped slot into a credit card and use that as a temporary spacer when installing the flipper bats. Then, when done, remove them. You need a small gap between the top of the bushing and the bottom of the flipper.

This is what I was going to say. Make sure when you do this you get the top spacing with the credit card and bring the linkage up flush with the bushing on the bottom. See if they move freely after that. If they do, I'd try to work with just the flipper bat in place and see if you feel drag. If you do, you have a contact problem with the flipper or bushing. If you dont, you likely have an alignment or other issue.

1 week later
#4546 2 years ago

Aww yiss

1 week later
#4802 2 years ago

Do the orbit posts have a return spring that may be too strong or something, or any other physical issues?

2 weeks later
#5044 2 years ago

I put my dollar down pretty early and haven't been contacted. I hope I make the cut!

#5047 2 years ago

Yeah I did the 1K as well. Sent cointaker a few emails asking for an ETA about a month ago with no response.

1 week later
#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I just heard back from Melissa at CT, I am number #331 on the LV list...I was just curious about where I was in the "pecking" order. I put my 1k deposit down on 4 November 21.

Did you have a $1 before that?

#5215 2 years ago

Dang. I was 1/10 $1 deposit and 10/1 the 1k and I didn't get asked for payment yet.

3 weeks later
#5507 2 years ago

Aliens: the curse of the two weeks

1 week later
#5795 2 years ago

Careful now everybody is going to rage post to get theirs!

Byaaaagh I'm so mad ship my LV already blargh!

#5808 2 years ago

Does it have an EOS? Is it gapped too widely?

#5811 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

PB Alien doesn't have EOS switches on their flipper mechs

Well... that's going to be a problem then unless they just up the hold power right (if they can without burning up the coil)? Otherwise there's no way for the flipper to know it's been knocked down.

#5821 2 years ago

There has to be accompanying code you can't just magic EOS switches in.

And duh, yeah I know they're not necessary to set hold power but they are necessary for the game to know if the mech has been forced back down under hold power.

2 months later
#7368 1 year ago

The one in Allentown left flippers weren't working when I walked up

#7377 1 year ago

A spring? Pic plz.

#7380 1 year ago

This was both left flippers... unless they're not operating because EOS isn't properly opened / closed but I didn't think these ones had an EOS

1 week later
#7529 1 year ago

I can't even get a response from CT on my place in line or a rough estimate on when my balance might be due on an LV.

2 weeks later
#7894 1 year ago

Anybody been billed by CT lately for what's on the container?

1 week later
#7944 1 year ago

Resurrection was great F the haters. Well it was mostly great. Unit Alien human bebeh.

#7975 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does anyone know if they have a full time programmer improving the code? Fixing bugs?

No the code updates are being done by their craft services dept.

1 week later
#8083 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

What setting is everyone using on the sling coils? Mine seem to be way over powered.

Srsly? Play an 80s Williams!

#8139 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I was thinking why not perhaps cushioning the targets from behind? Just to take some of energy off the ball?
I personally prefer to keep the machine looking as stock as possible.

The foam in front of the targets is not an acceptable fix no diggity

#8148 1 year ago

I can't find the photo of the switch stack on the last few pages, can somebody repost?

1 week later
#8259 1 year ago

Nice. Wonder where I fall in the queue.

#8317 1 year ago

Invoiced today as well. It said the game will be at their facility next week. We shall see...

#8331 1 year ago

I never received a game number unless it was in one of the order emails somewhere.

#8427 1 year ago

Anybody have the info on the ship? I sent an email to cointaker but I asked two questions and they seem to reply to a maximum of one question, if they reply at all.

Bummed cointaker wouldn't let me make the trip and pick it up instead of paying the $400+ shipping either. Bunch of doodoo.

#8436 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

So I got the new Tilt Graphics Alien art blades and they did a great job but you can't really see most of the art once installed (mainly the eggs at the bottom). Just in case anyone is considering the options, here are the installed pictures. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen mirror blades on this game. I still think they look good and anything is an improvement over plain black stock.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Aaargh this was so disappointing about the blades I got from them for BKSoR. They must design them outside the cab. There's this awesome studded leather look along the bottom that you never see as it's completely under the playfield.

#8441 1 year ago

LV #33 is delivered and on location at Center of the Universe brewery in Ashland, VA.

Flippers were cranked down tight. Properly gapping them from the bushing increased the power greatly. Most everything worked out of the box with the exception of the left flipper cabinet switches barely making contact at full push, an easy fix.

The coin door situation was a mess. One works properly for quarters. One registers a full credit as if it was a DBA. The other loose wire does nothing when connected in the appropriate place. There is no DBA harness that I could see. I'll put in a service ticket when I get home.

The sound is so good. Any fan of the movies will be pleased. I hope my players give it enough plays to learn the shots, it's definitely a different world being a wide body.

#8457 1 year ago

Anybody add a DBA to one of these? How did you connect it?

#8463 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure my backbox keys were in the coin door from the one I unboxed yesterday. May be floating around in the bottom of the cab. Very non traditional backbox lock.

My flippers were really weak out the gate as they were tight to the playfield if you end up with the same issue. Couldn't make the hyper sleep ramp.

#8464 1 year ago

I just remembered to ask... what was the fix for the tongue sounding all nasty? Mine def sounds horrible with the glass off. Also, who was selling the badass alternate translite using the inside of the cab?

#8467 1 year ago

My right ramp is absolutely like buttah. You want the ramp flap to be as "loose" as it can be while being flush all the way across the front. If they crank down on the bolts at the factory it can kill the momentum.

#8470 1 year ago

Yeah the right vertical u turn ramp. I'm not at my game now to look at it but I'm assuming it has a traditional flexible metal ramp flap.

#8472 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

or do you mean the hypersleep ramp which is the right most ramp?

Hypersleep is the middle ramp isn't it?

I did forget to mention my coin switch wires were on the "normally closed" position and needed switched to normally open.

#8489 1 year ago

How can you tell if your xeno gear needs tightened? Mine works but sounds horrible.

#8512 1 year ago

Where do the LV side blades light up

#8519 1 year ago

Is the switch below the right orbit supposed to act as a ball deflector on the way back down or is my shit out of alignment?

Also who's got some cool apron cards?

#8521 1 year ago

Thanks, ugh. Hopefully I can fudge it back over.

#8551 1 year ago

I/o board error on my new on-location LV after two days of no issies

Tried all the re-seating, changed cables, v2.7, fuses good. I imagine they're going to send me a new controller box but I'm waiting on an email reply.

#8568 1 year ago

Just FYI the email I got from PB says that the LEDs near the fuses are not for the fuses themselves so be sure to meter them.

#8570 1 year ago

Has anybody received an email from them since about noon Saturday? Is their support M-F?

#8604 1 year ago

I received 0 info from cointaker after requesting it. I found out that it was actually on the road when my location asked me what the hell was in the giant box that just got dropped off.

PB is sending me a new playfield controller box for my i/o error.

#8623 1 year ago

They do have their own forum and FAQ, it's just not very good or complete.

Here's the problem I have... they knew that cranking the flippers down flush with playfield was causing problems FOR MONTHS. Why are games still being delivered with the same exact problems? No doubt they're working hard but why not save yourself all the trouble of the support contacts by plugging in the LEDs and disabling them in code? I'm really glad to have mine in hand finally and I'll be even more glad when it's working, it just seems like there are some institutional issues going on - and they probably need to hire Ferret back to get some of these code issues worked out. Dude would probably have target lights integrated in two days.

#8625 1 year ago

My LV arrived about two weeks after initial billing, but it has been all over the place historically.

Anybody have any playfield controller box replacement pro tips? Does the whole playfield really need to come out?

#8635 1 year ago

Fuck they really need to change the key post rules back to the way they were

#8637 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well, the right side coils all going out got solved by doing a quick wire jump per Pinball Brothers instruction.
So if you ever lose all the right side coils you might want to try this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mtwn6vypl2dfx0/Controller%20special%20cable.mp4?dl=0

Holy fuck that was the instructions they gave you???

#8644 1 year ago

I just feel like I'd at least like a "jump connector j1 pin 6 to the leg of r16 or something

#8646 1 year ago

My replacement playfield controller box arrived damaged. A part loose inside that completely lifted the pad / trace it was attached to. Having a frustrating time working with a company located this many time zones away. Just want a new box overnighted. Cointaker does not answer or return calls SHOCKER. PB marketing team via insta says contact support but its after hours so don't expect a reply. I just need someone to tell this jabroni in Dubois PA to overnight me a new box.

#8648 1 year ago

That was step 1. I just want someone to tell me something is being done instead of it sitting there for a few days like it did last time.

#8657 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've owned 40+ games and I will say the Alien flippers are very strange (soft)....not saying they are bad, but very different than every Stern, B/W, CGC, and JJP game I've owned

Make sure they're not tight to the bushing. Some users have replaced the PB bushings with William's due to the tops being rough and causing drag.

#8715 1 year ago

Yeah I feel like that heatsink is doing nothing but block airflow.

I want someone to make a relay that Powers the fans only when a game is being played.

#8735 1 year ago

What's the power supply for yalls fans, 5v or 12v? Where are you pulling from?

#8737 1 year ago

Plugged into the service outlet?

I've been trying to come up with a way to make them run only when the game is on. Something like a sound activated relay that stays on for 5 minutes after hearing a flipper go clack.

#8739 1 year ago

I have games on location that I'd consider putting fans on but I'd only want them running while games are played plus a few minutes

#8826 1 year ago

Droop should make your orbits easier to hit, might have been the vertical play?

#8897 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

One thing can be said for certain, PB makes good on its support. Just received(took about 4 months to get, was on the boat) a full LV Blackbox replacement plus translight as mine was damage when it got delivered to TPF. Any physical and or mechanical failures, I have received full blown replacements and I will say, their dhl shipping direct from Italy is some of the fastest international shipping I have ever seen.

I have not had the same experience by a long shot. I'm reluctant to post on how fucking pissed off I am at the support they provided as I still have a TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR BRICK sitting on my location for TWO WEEKS and don't want to give them a reason to drag their heels. If I knew it would have been so long I would have pulled it but it's been "just another day" the whole time. Hopefully my part will finally arrive on Monday and I can get this thing flipping. I can't believe they sent it USPS ground.

Sucks having this as my A number 1 grail theme. I never would have bought it with all the problems that have been reported otherwise. I'm concerned that they have major issues with their hardware. How the hell have they known that ratcheting down the flippers has caused problems for months and games are still being delivered the same way? What the hell is going on over there?

I just want this shit to work. Drunk post over.

#8899 1 year ago

Playfield control box

#8901 1 year ago

So a lot of the games delivered recently have had weak flippers out of the box. When you install / align flipper bats there is a tool you use to create the proper gap between the linkage and bushing (you actually put the gap tool on the top between the bushing and bat but it's all the same as when you remove the tool the bat drops on the bushing and the gap is between the bushing and the linkage). This keeps the plunger in alignment with the coil / sleeve and makes everything as strong as possible. PB has installed the flippers with the linkage and flipper bat both tight to the bushing which causes drag and misalignment, robbing the flippers of power. Take your glass off and try to lift the flipper bat straight off of the game. There should be about a credit card's thickness in vertical play if they are aligned properly.

#8917 1 year ago

How is the sneering face of an alien incongruent with the art package?

#8920 1 year ago

Yes. Bonus points if you wallow out a little channel to make it easier.

However, if you don't like I do one out of every 20 times you'll drop the tool and it will slide down somewhere really hard to get to on the playfield and make you swear.

#8921 1 year ago

Yes. Bonus points if you wallow out a little channel to make it easier.
However, if you do it like I do one out of every 10 times you'll drop the tool and it will slide down somewhere really hard to get to on the playfield and make you swear.

#8925 1 year ago

That wont make me any less likely to drop it but might make it easier to find!

Finally got my playfield controller box in. Wish me luck, colonial marines.

#8994 1 year ago

My game is finally back up and running. After getting the new playfield controller box in, the hypersleep ramp was too tight to pass a ball, the drops would not fall as the reset bar was too tight to go all the way back down, two GI lights were not functioning, and the side blades would not light. I could not get Pinball Brothers or their PA support person to call or text me. Called cointaker and they said they'd see what they could do about getting someone to contact me. I got so pissed I had to go on a ten minute walk to calm down. Fixed the hypersleep ramp, but adjusting it moves the optos out of perfect alignment. They still work but it doesn't instill much confidence. Got the drops working but had to use some light oil on the metal on metal contact which is not good. They eventually emailed me back saying it probably just needs a coil stop adjustment (it was tight). I need to go back up there with a PC power supply and see if I can get the art blades to light as it's likely the box in the bottom of the cab.

After I got it fully functional gameplay wise I started to flip it and I was just so pissed off at the game I was contemplating whether I should try to sell it or trade it for a TBL or just set it on fire. Two games later I love it again. The theme integration is just so good and it's my favorite movie of all time. The callouts are amazing. I had a horrible experience with their support and continue to be not very impressed. They do seem to be trying, they are always just a day late and a dollar short. I would not recommend this game to anybody who isn't a very capable repair person. I definitely would not recommend it for location without a good burn in period at home. We'll see if she holds up alright after all the bugs are finally worked out.

#9042 1 year ago

If you've checked the fuses, contact PB because you need a new playfield controller box.

The crimps on all of these connectors are atrocious. Don't pull on anything because there is a good chance it will pop out.

My side blades did not light. The crimps were bad, and the 12v and ground wires were reversed from what was coming out of the box, so even if the crimps were right it would not have worked. Looks beautiful all lit up now!

#9047 1 year ago

IMO the number one thing this game needs is to reduce the in-scoop time when it isn't starting a mode. Slows the game down way too much and ends up there quite frequently. I know you need to wait for the ball to settle but it should be fairly easy to program.

Had the problem with the ball not being pulled back far enough occasionally, but the tongue seems to be calibrated. Couldn't make it happen when I was on location working on it the other day but i know it was happening intermittently. Is the switch leaf falling off the side of the tongue / rail thing or something? It should be consistently one way or the other if it's the switch needing adjusted, and when it does happen it is off by a lot.

One more gripe... the spinners are not made right. If you get the arms to be all lined up properly the spinner will sit horizontal. The arms need to look like they are shrugging to get the spinner to sit right. Anybody try to replace theirs with Sterns or other pieces?

#9053 1 year ago

The bottom of the playfield will keep moving forward in the cab until it is completely vertical.

I believe the targets have been left unplugged so people wouldn't complain about them not working as they're not coded. Don't know how they don't have them coded yet after this long.

The xeno tongue makes an unholy racket. There is a set screw on the gear that may need tightened. I sent a video of mine to support and they said they were all like that (!) and it was normal. I can't see it lasting that long with all the noise and shaking it does.

#9062 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’ve been wondering the same. Do you think the whole mechanism needs replacing or just the spinner insert?

I'm going to see if Stern's skinny spinners have the same arms and can be used as a replacement. While these ones work okay while out of square, I'm a bit of a spinner enthusiast and can't tolerate non-maximum spinnage.

#9064 1 year ago

Those are sharp!!!

#9166 1 year ago

This purchase will be worth it IF Pinball Brothers can stay afloat and continue support. I have a little bit of concern about Queen as their next title. A great group, but I don't know if it's a home run as a pin theme. Game play better be on point. Or, PB better have deep enough pockets to float them until they can get it together.

#9168 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sure. Just in the DMD+ era, several come to mind:
Alien (of course)
Full Throttle
The Hobbit
STTNG
Judge Dredd
Demo Man (no, I'm not counting the claw as an upper playfield )
Road Show
And of course, many more than that pre-DMD.

What are the best shooting on this list? You think STTNG then Alien? Maybe Alien on top? I only played 2 games on Full Throttle but remember being impressed with how it played.

#9170 1 year ago

If your game is playing slow I'd highly encourage you to check your flipper gaps and playfield angle. I was struck by how slow it was out of the box and a few tweaks had it playing like any other pin.

#9241 1 year ago

I continue to have frustration with my xeno tongue stopping prematurely. The switch is working as it should, the thing just think it is at zero when it isn't all the way back. Next time I'm on site I'm going to check that the gear is tight but it was when I first investigated this issue if anybody has any recommendations on other things to look at.

When diagnosing I did the loop test for a few goes. The playfield and magnet were extremely hot after just a handful of reps and took over an hour to cool down. I wouldn't be surprised if my magnet coil was damaged. Don't run that loop for very long.

The drop issue is something that could be duct tape fixed in code. If position equals zero, switch equals inactive, and ball in airlock scoop equals false, I have fucked up. PB hire me now.

#9243 1 year ago

I'd get that info direct from PB my dude.

#9264 1 year ago

Is it getting pulled back by tension on the cables? That shouldn't happen.

#9273 1 year ago

With how these boxes are, I would not be shocked if you got 2 crap ones.

#9282 1 year ago

I wrote a bigass post about my continuing experiences with the product and support, and erased it as I will likely continue needing support for who knows how long. If I wasn't emotionally invested in the theme to an foolish degree this thing would be either in the marketplace or on fire at the front door of cointaker.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9379 1 year ago

Did they do anything with the other target LEDs

#9398 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I got a response back from Shawn at PB and, like most of you, he seems to think it is a physical issue rather than a software issue. He says he is going to send me a video this weekend of how to fix it. I guess he's seen it before.
The fact that it consistently failed and then started working after a restart made it look like a software issue, but maybe something is just getting jammed intermittently. Oh well, hopefully I will get to the bottom of it.

That shaker motor going at 10000 RPMs at the beginning definitely could be shaking the mech loose (if it's a problem like mine where it is binding and doesn't drop freely). From taking mine off and looking at it the other day it seems like the coil stop and front bracket for the coil do not line up properly and whatever bending you need to do is kind of a duct tape fix to get something that is not properly aligned "good enough" to be able to let the plunger move on a sort of inline angle.

I'm tired of messing with this thing. Just frickin work already. I have two GI lights that don't work that supposedly don't work for anyone and it's due to code. 141 GI left revive and 7 GI subway. Can someone confirm they are also not working on theirs? I can almost understand not having the standups programmed as they need to color coordinate, react to hits, etc (even though it's been, what, half a year) but how do you not just add these two lamps into the same code running the rest of the GI.

#9400 1 year ago

No shit, the two I was asking about were the referenced GI lamps.

#9520 1 year ago

There is without a doubt some sort of issue with the right flippers intermittently not working. I had reports from some players and experienced it myself this evening. I verified the leafs were being contacted properly. I told support that even though I gapped them very nicely to double stage as verified in the switch test, that they were being activated simultaneously in game. Support told me that even though my setting for 2 stage flippers was set to "yes" in the menu, it wasn't programmed into the software yet and perhaps that was the source of my problem. I will change it next time I'm up there but I doubt it will help. This is the kind of thing that should take anyone competent a half day to program.

After receiving a "new tested" xeno it still has the problem of losing track of where the motor exists in space and not dropping the ball. It was suggested that this isn't so bad as it will just drop the ball in search after the multiball ends. I wish this guy could be there to try to give that explanation to my tournament players.

These guys are drowning in software issues. They need to pay Ferret or another consultant who knows code / logic to help them get their OS shit straightened out. It's frustrating to know they've probably got most of their efforts on Queen at this point. 90% of the issues have been going on since February when these things started arriving en masse.

#9542 1 year ago

My game is suddenly not launching about 10% of the balls hard enough to make the end of the wireform. Usually does just fine on the second try. Is this a known issue / fix?

#9545 1 year ago

Thanks, I'll give it a look!

#9559 1 year ago

Before bending the metal on the scoop, loosen all the screws a little, push the entire mech as far as it will go in the desired direction and retighten. Sometimes there's enough slop in the screw holes to be able to make a difference. If it's not enough, then start bending (or fill / make new screw holes).

#9563 1 year ago

"But why male models?"

Pretty much all of the things I wrote in my post, and the examples others have posted.

#9603 1 year ago

Let us know what the problem turns out to be. There were some really poor crimps on mine if you check any connectors. Sounds like it might be a power issue if it's seeing the switches in test.

#9653 1 year ago

I was wondering how you were going to get it down the last giant step. Front legs on! Brilliant!

I updated to 2.8 and turned the "staged flippers" setting to off and did not have the dead right flipper issue in about 10 games yesterday. It will be in its first tournament tonight so I should know for sure. Fingers crossed this problem child behaves herself and gets a few new people to fall in love!

#9683 1 year ago

No complaints about the right flipper dying last night so either 2.8 or turning off 2 stage flippers hopefully fixed it.

#9692 1 year ago

2 stage flippers "are not coded in yet" despite being a menu option. I'm a little concerned that things like this and the target LEDs have been hanging out there for months and they're probably starting to focus coding efforts on Queen.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Staged flippers are coded.. for hw revision .57 and should only work on LVs. Till will tell if they allow SV users to have this option, I think they will when all LVs are sold out.

This is not the case, at least on PB 2.7 on my LV. I went into switch test, set them perfectly, and in game with 2 stage set to "yes" they still flip at the same time. I did not test 2.8 as it was suggested this setting may be responsible for the issue with the right side sometimes not responding to flipper button presses and was told it is not in the code anyways.

#9733 1 year ago

I don't have a tough time with those two shots... it's actually making the chest burster lane for me! Wish it could be hit from the lower left but it makes those two shots from the upper right all the sweeter.

#9776 1 year ago

And looks like it may reject a ball coming in off the right side of that lane instead of allowing it into the pop area. If you want more URF shots that's a good thing but you can't say it doesn't change things / give you fewer pop opportunities. It's a cool well thought out mod I'm just more of an "as designed" guy in most cases.

#9791 1 year ago

I've had one instance on 2.8 where the coin mechs were unresponsive that was fixed with a reboot. Other than that no reports of issues but it certainly doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy. The tech guy is hyping up 2.9 having a lot of fixes so I'm excited to see if it'll clear this up.

#9801 1 year ago

Somebody get the tequila cuz people are gettin salty up in here

#9848 1 year ago

The spinners are not made correctly. If the wires are square, the way they're supposed to be, they sit flat due to the center of gravity. They need to be bent all silly like that to be able to work properly.

#9866 1 year ago

If an LED strip draws enough power to mess up these computers we are in big trouble boys.

#9875 1 year ago

Aliens was shown in a local theater in big screen glory last night. It was every bit as amazing as the other hundred times I've seen it!

Apparently PB (someone from them?) was on a pinball podcast recently. Somebody please post the cliffs notes here if anything important was said.

#9935 1 year ago

I ain't touching my ramps bags

#9982 1 year ago

I've had an issue where the monitor was glitching out fixed by a reboot, and another issue where the monitor shut off after the coin door was opened. Anybody run across this kind of thing yet? A reboot was required to fix both which would make me think it's not a hardware issue / wiring.

#10089 1 year ago

My game has been freezing. Twice when the ball entered the shooter lane, once when the ball went into the scoop. Totally unresponsive, no ball search and the coin door buttons do not work. Tried re-seating everything. Any bright ideas out there?

#10113 1 year ago

Check to make sure the gate / wire isn't on backwards

#10151 1 year ago

The not feeding a ball issue could be the thing where the coil section of that mech is too high, out and about right now but it should be in this thread and the PB support site.

As for the xeno contact PB. They will have a list of stuff to do.

#10195 1 year ago

I have only ever had the issue with the ball flying off the right ramp like once. Have you made sure your ramp flap is tightened down just enough to make flat contact to the playfield?

#10197 1 year ago

Well shoot... maybe tighten it down more to slow the ball down then

#10205 1 year ago

You gotta go silver for the teefs, IMO

#10214 1 year ago

I'm not at my game now but most systems you can adjust the ring forward / back.

#10257 1 year ago

Contact support first thing. Then reseating all your cables.

#10261 1 year ago

Is it the final life cycle target?

#10274 1 year ago

Staged flippers are not programmed in yet. Turning the feature on actually caused issues in my LV.

#10282 1 year ago

Gotchagotchagotcha just didn't want you to get them installed and be disappointed!

#10355 1 year ago

Slow down boys lets get things like no spontaneous reboots and those target lights programmed before we go hog wild with creature comforts.

I keep checking this thread for "3.0 has been posted!" and being disappointed.

#10442 1 year ago

If they don't have wires they probably don't have LEDs on the PCBs.

#10447 1 year ago

You may have an alignment issue, something is causing it to bind. Check the mech, sometimes funky stuff like the end breaking off the EOS can cause issues.

#10451 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

EOS switches look fine. I have ajusted the up and down play 5-6 times with same results. Game has 50 plays on it. Was not doing this few days ago.
[quoted image]

There's a mechanical reason. Just try loosening and retightening the stop and front piece and making sure everything is in line.

#10461 1 year ago

Contact support. Your Xeno mech is losing its zero.

#10510 1 year ago

Just a guess... the US side support is not likely that individual's full time job based on my interactions.

#10554 1 year ago

Go into switch test and see if they (and nearby switches) are working. Make sure no wires came loose or anything. I always recommend contacting PB support first thing as well to get the ball rolling.

#10556 1 year ago

That's really weird. Are they scoring in game? Or just nothing at all? Not that this SHOULD matter, but are you on the latest code? Still trying to learn the "personality" of troubleshooting on PB games and it seems like a lot has to do with interconnectivity of the boards, and code issues. If it were me, I'd probably try reseating all the associated cables with the pops (not at my game I don't know if they go to a board or harness or what) and the cables between the playfield and backbox boxes. After that, make sure code is updated and contact PB and see what they have for you.

The switches working in test, and the coils working in test, and no action in the game = ...I don't know. But that's real strange.

#10603 1 year ago

RE: Weak flippers. Make sure you have appropriate vertical gap, and make sure "2 stage flippers" is set to OFF. I had intermittent inactive right flippers and changing this setting to off resolved it.

#10645 1 year ago

3.0 code installed. Running a tournament and the switches stopped working. This fucking game...

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I’m not sure what thickness a playfield protector is. If it’s as thick as a all the other plastics in the game then it should have a similar effect.

Much thinner

#10710 1 year ago

My location game still has the issue with switches becoming non-responsive. Fixed with a reboot but obviously very not good. Ran a tournament and had people power cycle every few games and didn't have the issue after.

1 week later
#10837 1 year ago

Man, that's a shame. They look amazing and I hoped to get one some day. You did great, and thanks for being willing to share your talent. If it's not been profitable money wise I hope you can hang your hat on making a bunch of these games look that much better and the joy of the hobby you shared.

Sorry for being mushy. It's been a day.

#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So I think I figured out how to lock steal on the hypersleep lock. When 2 players have balls locked, there will be 2 balls in the lock. I discovered by giving the machine a good shove backwards you can bounce the second ball back and assuming the player had already locked a ball there it will detect a second ball and start hypersleep. Stacking this with a mode and adding sentry gun mb means huge points

I think you need to adjust your tilt homie

Also for the PB reading this thread please add this to the list of code issues to work on but put it at the end. Like the very end. Please fix the one where the game stops responding to switch inputs and needs rebooted first.

#10954 1 year ago

Regarding the side ramp shot... I haven't messed with this on Alien but with most games if the ramp flap is tightened down too much the angle will zap too much of the momentum. You want the flap completely touching the playfield but not much tighter at all.

Regarding the Alien being a dog on location: please load your logs and send them to PB. As far as balls being magnetized that might cause trough issues etc but it should not cause a ball to not register in a scoop, that should be a switch issue. On mine if it has gotten. A lot of play it will sometimes stop registering switches until a reboot. This has popped up during tournaments.

1 week later
#11146 1 year ago

I thought it was slow when I first set it up, then I increased the pitch and gave the flippers the proper vertical gap and it was a whole new game.

1 week later
#11250 1 year ago

The alien spinners are weird. The brackets seem to wide for them, and setting the arms to the appropriate right angles makes it so that it is barely being held in the bracket (which is also at 90s).

3 weeks later
#11694 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What a fuckin mess. I have no confidence in these software upgrades. I’m on 2.4 and game was playing well until a few weeks ago. My left flippers are now dropping when trying to cradle and sometimes don’t go up at all when the left button is pushed.

I had some bad crimps on connectors that needed fixed, could be something simple. That or having staged flippers set to "yes" was also a problem, at least on prior code.

#11721 1 year ago

It's almost like they have two hardware revs and are trying to code for both

#11773 1 year ago

Find Jonesy is fricking amazing and perfect.

#11949 1 year ago

They haven't been connected wrong, you just need to adjust the flipper button leaf switches to close in the correct order.

1 month later
#13024 1 year ago

Installed the new firmware and code. On the first reboot I got a black screen

Sent in my logs.

4 weeks later
#13488 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Mine were wired backwards. Should be that the closest leaf to the button controls the flipper closest to the button. Trap the ball on the lower and......Wait are you messing with me? Hahaha. Seriously though. It's not working on mine either way it's wired. I did try it both ways. In test mode it's correct. During game it just doesn't work. Also, my games were both taking 4 coins on the left or 4 coins on the right to start a game. However in the audits one of the coin mechs showed $1 per coin instead of $ .25 per coin. First week I thought it earned about double any other game has ever earned. Until I looked for the problem. I knew that couldn't have been right. Anyone else have this game on location and seeing this?

The audits are fucked. You have to add coins left and coins right and divide by four. It gives you a crazy inflated dollar amount on its own. I told PB about this and they said they'd get right on it. That was around 8 months ago.

They also will not make me a fucking DBA harness.

#13524 1 year ago

How much are the swanky translite kits? They look amazing.

#13539 1 year ago

F! I wish I could weld. That looks like a fun project.

1 month later
#13826 1 year ago

My Alien was solid after the last update until my last tournament. Player was playing it and said the flippers died and the screen said "system shutdown" and their game (ball 2) was ended. Sounds like a phantom slam tilt maybe? After that the LCD screen did not come up for 2 reboots and I almost wept openly. Seemed to sort itself out after that.

1 month later
#14084 11 months ago

Been having a lot of issues with the main screen not coming up lately. Any ideas?

1 month later
#14290 9 months ago

I haven't had the same problems as spooky but I will tell you this game is not operator ready and they are doing a poor job of coding. I get the feeling they consider this "good enough" while they work on Queen.

The blank screen issue is still happening years later. It's a code issue as the screen comes up on boot and doesnt work after that 50% of the time. As a location game that's really bad as the brewery employees couldn't give fewer shits if my game is working.

No DBA connector

The earnings audits are still wildly off. This is a very low hanging fruit coding correction but they either dont have the skills or the time to correct it.

#14295 9 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:If your employees don't give 'fewer shits' about a game being good, I worry how they perform and 'worry' about the rest of your company..my bad, I'm stuck in the normal routine of normality - 20 years ago. OR LESS. I remember when people cared (like I do/did)

They're not my employees they're the people staffing the brewery tasting room where my games live.

And the point is they shouldn't HAVE to go notice that the main screen on Alien is off and reboot it until it works. This shit has been broken since it got on site and it's always "new code is right around the corner, I think they've got it this time". When was the last code update even 6 months ago?

#14302 9 months ago

No mods or anything on my location game, just a bone stock LV.

3 weeks later
#14401 9 months ago

I disagree with the "once you get it dialed in" statement. How long have we been waiting for a software fix for the black screen at startup? It's been forever since the last software update.

Mine also hasn't had an issue with the right ramp.

#14404 9 months ago

They told me it's a known software issue. Guessing that they've done a few different revisions on the black boxes which is why some have it and some don't but I don't know.

1 month later
#14587 8 months ago

Someone powder coat / anodized it black.

(I have no idea if anodizing black on whatever kind of metal that is can even be done, just think it might look better in black)

#14602 8 months ago

Cut the plug off and crimp on whatever connectors you need.

3 weeks later
#14805 7 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I am still getting random black screens on boot up. Any news on when this bug will be fixed?

I'm starting to give up hope. It's been months since any updates and I'm willing to bet this has been dropped to focus on Queen / whatever is next. Cannot over state how pissed this makes me as their support keeps on promising they've got a fix just around the corner.

3 weeks later
#15175 6 months ago

Please please for the love of god let the update fix the black screen and other software issues.

#15551 6 months ago

What's up with that tail whip action on the topper?

#15739 6 months ago

Hell yes!!!

#15799 6 months ago

From memory... I believe there was a scene written not included in the movie where the captives was being transformed into eggs and showed a progression from mostly human to mostly egg. It was also all slow in the end because it was at the end of its life cycle which was why it had started to become transparent but none of that was ever explained.

2 weeks later
#16098 5 months ago

Every day I wait

For the alien update

Instead its you tits

#16103 5 months ago

Three hundred new posts

Ripley and resale value

LV owners whine

#16181 5 months ago

Does it read appropriately with the trough empty? Is there a jam opto (opto above ball#1)? It seems like the most likely candidate would be that opto just barely making a connection and detecting on/off and trying to clear itself.

1 month later
#17176 3 months ago

You could look at it as being wired backwards, but really it's just the switch gaps not contacting in the correct order. You COULD fix this by changing the wires or you can just use a switch adjustment tool and re-gap the switch leafs to contact in the correct order.

I paid my topper deposit straight to PB on their store and haven't heard anything.

#17179 3 months ago

Oh and I forgot to mention after updating to 4.0 I STILL have black screens on boot up and PB still has not made a DBA harness for these games.

#17201 3 months ago

Adjusting cabinet switches has got to be the easiest pinball maintenance activity short of cleaning the glass. Get a switch adjustment tool from Marcos or at least a pair of needle nose though.

Reading that they're working on a software fix for that while I'm still getting black screens makes me want to set this game on fire.

#17205 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Having worked in game development for 23 years we see this comments constantly. The development team is not one person and they always have a priority list and I would be absoltely certain that major bugs are at the very top and flipper staging is not being worked on by the strongest coders. I am sure they have you covered.
It is odd that you are having those issues I wonder if there is a hardware problem. I had screen issues a year ago but they all went away with even update 3.2 let alone 4.0. Maybe they changed some hardware slightly on the RE?

This is an odd problem as it is a major and glaring game breaking bug for a location game, been an issue since inception, and still unresolved. I just deleted a massive wall of text to spare you about my journey and thoughts on what is going on. Instead here is my "chump attempting to operate this game" wishlist.

Fix the black screen in bootup. If it requires a new updated version of the controller box I swear to christ I won't tell anybody that it exists and that you gave it to me.

Make a DBA harness for your hardware.

Fix the coin audits which are wildly inaccurate.

If I didn't love this game so goddamned much I would have curbed it about a month after receiving. Included in my rant was a kudos for sending me a new controller box and set of cables which did not help so there is at least that.

#17224 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Doesn't help if you are an op and there is untrained staff who don't give a fuck turning the machines on. Most venues in Australia are pubs with bar staff turning everything on in the mornings.

Absolutely this.

#17315 3 months ago

ALIEN 4.1

January 16, 2024

Changes since version 4.0:

Fixed the Empty Balls test not working.

Increased volume on many of the new Ripley callouts.

Fixed several Ambush videos that were cut off at the bottom.

Fixed the weapon standups remaining blue if the mode ended during

phase 1.

Fixed an incorrect "Pinball Missing" message if ball is on the shooter

and the hypersleep lock switches have false readings.

Added hypersleep lock mech to ball search. It will not activate

until the third ball search if there is a ball locked, to try to

preserve game state.

APC drop targets are now reset at the end of any multiball.

Added 5 seconds of time to the clock when any shot is made

during phase 1 of Loader Battle, to compensate for only 1 shot

being lit at a time.

Added more topper & flasher effects.

Fixed game crashing if all ball drained quickly after all modes

were completed (i.e. during the grace period of Self Destruct

or Loader Battle) AND you had entered the multiball phase of

the mini-wizard mode.

#17349 3 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My game has been on location about 2 years. Today I just had the coin door buttons and start button start acting up. Haven’t had issue before. Just submitted ticket.

Did it get better with a reboot?

1 week later
#17435 89 days ago

Ooh yeah I wish they used the towers instead of the domes. I wish there was a similar form factor so you didn't have to shoehorn in the whole lamp assembly.

Looks pretty sweet but 250 is a lot, and the flashing seems a little too off brand for the rest of the aesthetic. Rotating would have been cooler than the dome flashers. BUT still cool enough to consider getting when I can get enough extra scratch together. Still waiting on the rest of that bill for the topper!

#17437 89 days ago

Lost the same switch the same way. It actually worked until the PB replacement came. Depending how it broke you may be able to drill and re rivet.

#17444 87 days ago

Having it installed/ adjusted properly probably has a slight edge.

GET IT?

#17452 87 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can have it adjusted perfectly and still get chewed up. Cliffys are great protectors.

You can also have a cliffy not help much if the magnet fell visibly below the playfield

#17464 86 days ago

You can just fix the geometry on the arms of your current spinners. Make sure all the angles are 90 or 180 in both dimensions and it'll settle flat. You may also need to adjust the switch arm if it's not activating but do the spinner arms first. A little drop of machine oil and three things will rip.

#17482 84 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thinking about ordering the Ripley edition for location…how are these holding up? Has PB bros made any improvements as far as robustness in the build or software? Anyone experiencing broken plastics or reboot / false boot issues? Thanks in advance!

I love this game. Love it. Do not route this game if it is going to be at another business/ somewhere you have employees who know pinball. They still have not fixed the black screen on boot issue and won't even make a DBA harness among other things.

#17612 78 days ago

I'd meter the coin door lights I doubt they're 12v. But I was wrong one time before. *edit - apparently twice now

#17745 72 days ago

The spinners not coming to rest vertically likely has more to do with the arm geometry than weight. There is a good chance you will have the same issues with the Stern spinners after they've taken some abuse.

As the ball hits the spinner it makes it spin, but is also putting force on the front edge. Over time the arms start to move forward (like clapping your hands in front of you with straight arms). This makes the bottom of the spinner move farther forward and exacerbates the problem. If your stern spinners start having the bottom move towards the player just give the arms a little bend back to being square.

#17749 72 days ago

Am I the only person who hasn't received an invoice for my topper? I did check my spam folder.

#17754 72 days ago

I sent them an email and they said the remaining topper invoices should be sent out by the end of the week.

#17769 70 days ago

Good night was that painful. I was like GD I put a $200 deposit though!

Sometimes sober me questions past and probably not sober me's choices.

1 week later
#17838 62 days ago

Did the update correct the current bullshit audits into the correct ones, or is there a way to do so?

#17876 58 days ago
Quoted from ryalter:

Anyone else have their screens brick after the 4.1.1 update? Firmware updated to .72 and the screens break as soon as the game starts
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has anyone else seen this? Should I hold off on the updates?

#17880 58 days ago

I seem to recall reading something about "interactive queen sculpt" in the promos but I don't remember seeing anything on video. They told me the toppers should be shipping out last week but nobody here has posted anything about receipt or notification.

#17893 58 days ago

It'd be so much better if it was the cylinder style instead of the domes IMO.

Just did the 4.1.1 and firmware updates and both my screens still work woohoo!

#17934 55 days ago

I'd verify your outlet has power and look inside and see if it's got a line fuse. I'm guessing you probably tripped a breaker though.

#17964 53 days ago

When are the toppers coming I am dying

1 week later
#18105 44 days ago

Yeah those slings are on easy mode, I'd tighten them up a bit. The screws don't need to stay in.

I'll jump on the where are the toppers bandwagon. The two week timeline and lack of update is not great.

#18144 42 days ago

Having the upper right flipper start flipping intermittently after a few games. Normally I would think this is a physical issue all day but a reboot seems to fix it. Anybody else seeing anything like this?

2 weeks later
#18532 28 days ago

The terrible license, employees and investors leaving does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about the longevity of this company.

#18573 26 days ago

Anybody have any horses mouth intel on topper delivery timeline?

#18612 22 days ago

Badass.

PB replied to topper inquiry: "The toppers were delayed due to unforeseen delays due to the war in Israel. The last I was informed, is that they will arrive within 1-2 weeks.."

#18621 21 days ago

Yeah. Also their original estimate on payment.

"It's a geographical anomaly. This place is two weeks from everywhere!"

#18642 17 days ago

Abba revealed. I am definitely concerned for the future of this company. Maybe it will slay in Europe or something I don't know.

https://www.kineticist.co/post/first-pictures-of-abba-pinball

1 week later
#18724 9 days ago

Here's a shocker... Two weeks since PB told me it would be one to two weeks for my topper to ship and nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=Chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.