20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 376.
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Interesting, this is similar to what earetz recently posted on the other Alien thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/82#post-6678321

It is the same, must be a known issue then, unfortunately.

#4802 2 years ago

Do the orbit posts have a return spring that may be too strong or something, or any other physical issues?

#4803 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced this issue before my right in lane opto stopped workings constantly might register one out of ten times. Any tips for that checked the connectors around that area made sure it was all good already thanks

#4804 2 years ago

Dose someone make inside decals? Or is mirror blades better ? Any pics of ether one installed?

#4805 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has anyone experienced this issue before my right in lane opto stopped workings constantly might register one out of ten times. Any tips for that checked the connectors around that area made sure it was all good already thanks

The inlane uses a board sensor under the playfield and yes I had my board replaced because it was doing what yours was doing. The new board registers 9 out of 10 times now.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Do the orbit posts have a return spring that may be too strong or something, or any other physical issues?

Yes they do have a spring but this is not the issue, it's the same set up on almost every coil with a plunger. I've disassembled and checked everything whether something was stuck somewhere or not running smooth, but that was not the case. I've also mounted the plunger stop as far up as possible with the default coil percentage that it still pops when activated, but the post looked then almost a half of an inch out of the playfield when it is not activated. Therefore I would say that there is not enough punch!

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Dose someone make inside decals? Or is mirror blades better ? Any pics of ether one installed?

hoping at some point someone makes aftermarket EL's of some sort. Maybe they will as more get out in the wild and it makes it more worth it.

#4808 2 years ago

Just got my invoice on lv #2 Supposedly games should be leaving port in mid January

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just got my invoice on lv #2 Supposedly games should be leaving port in mid January

Great.

Can you let the rest of us know when you put in your request; down payment, etc. kind of gives us a ballpark. Thx!

#4810 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I paid two months ago. Radio silence since then.

#4811 2 years ago

Well, I just got a shipment confirmation from Cointaker for mine
No Tracking from FedEx yet, but hopefully by tomorrow.
It would probably take a miracle, but delivery on Friday would be an amazing way to start the New Year!

I was a December 19th 2020 order, with final payment made on September 15th, 2021.

Just to be clear, mine is the SV not LV.

#4812 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Hold the presses.

You got your "LV" invoice?!

#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

That really surprises me they sent that out so soon. When did you pay the deposit?

#4814 2 years ago

You probably have a month to 2 month wait now. Don't get too excited. You won't hear much until suddenly you are being called by fedex to schedule delivery.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

That really surprises me they sent that out so soon. When did you pay the deposit?

I paid on 12/2020 so just a year lol, I’m fine with the wait so all bugs are worked out

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I paid on 12/2020 so just a year lol, I’m fine with the wait so all bugs are worked out

I put in a number to reserve in December.
Did you actually put money down in December? I didn’t think there was a way to put money down? I put the $1 down when that went live in January, also.

#4817 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I put in a number to reserve in December.
Did you actually put money down in December? I didn’t think there was a way to put money down? I put the $1 down when that went live in January, also.

Yea I had my sv 1500 deposit rolled to an lv when announced a year ago

#4818 2 years ago

And boom! Just got my FedEx alert.....too bad first option is Monday morning, January 3rd
Oh well, at least it's on it's way!

#4819 2 years ago

I guess I don't understand the whole PB thing with delivering these games.

You have Q1 orders (reservations made in 12-2020) for SV that haven't even been delivered yet. Some Q2's were delivered (reservations made in January 2021)? Some Q2's like mine still outstanding and no word on delivery (reserved mid-Feb. 2021).
I don't know of any Q3's delivered yet we have word that a total paid for an LV reserved late this year is being shipped out Mid January?

Anyone else scratching their head on all of this?

Now, I am fine waiting as long as I get a solid machine with little to no issues out of the box. But this is still confusing how they are doing this.

#4820 2 years ago

The people getting them are SV's. The guy who got the LV invoice still has a wait, which is who I was talking to about having a 1-2 month wait.

You also have to keep in mind that it is people from different regions, not just the US. If you are in the US and had a Q1 order and haven't got it yet - then I'd be making some calls. That being said, I was 2nd to last or last on the Q1 order and I got mine a few months ago.

#4821 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the original price was for the LV before they changed it? Just wanna make sure I’m getting billed correctly

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Does anyone know what the original price was for the LV before they changed it? Just wanna make sure I’m getting billed correctly

it was hinted at 9999, but was never official.

#4823 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

it was hinted at 9999, but was never official.

Thanks I found it yeah I should locked on the 9999 price I believe

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks I found it yeah I should locked on the 9999 price I believe

They didn't give the impression that anyone is getting that price, thus the 'hinted at but never official'. Maybe you get lucky..

#4825 2 years ago

I just encountered the “stick flippers” issue (My bottom left flipper is sticking)

I'm going to check out this fix from HurryUpPinball

There's lots of useful information on his channel!!

CCAE26BB-DBA0-4879-9021-97B76DD41B2B (resized).jpegCCAE26BB-DBA0-4879-9021-97B76DD41B2B (resized).jpeg
#4826 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I just encountered the “stick flippers” issue (My bottom left flipper is sticking)
I'm going to check out this fix from HurryUpPinball
There's lots of useful information on his channel!!

[quoted image]

That happened to me as well, the coil sleeve's were getting damaged. I shaved 1/8th off. I would check that first.

#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

And boom! Just got my FedEx alert.....too bad first option is Monday morning, January 3rd
Oh well, at least it's on it's way!

What invoice number?

#4828 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

They “pulled a fast one.”
I emailed and just emailed again for an explanation. UPDATE-Explanation: PB marketing team “pumping” it up to much and those 2 items go together. No changes to LV Apron other than dog tag - which can be printed off of website listed above.
NOTE - that just makes the Apron mod a must now IMHO. Not sure why PB did not incorporate the Apron mod if they were not going to do a custom Apron. At minimum give these mod guys the ability to “hook in.” (My guess is that PB thought about doing a custom apron when the “Apron mod team” was doing their thing and then PB thought again when they looked into the cost).
See pictures below:
[quoted image]

cpr9999 Did they answer your question on the apron?

#4829 2 years ago

Anyone still making this mod? 6A4FC0A3-7320-4FFE-8B49-9C7CC2119361 (resized).jpeg6A4FC0A3-7320-4FFE-8B49-9C7CC2119361 (resized).jpeg

#4830 2 years ago

I got my LV invoice as well. I think I am number 3. The 10k price is not happening. $10695 . I put down my $1418 deposit a Longggg time ago...haha.

My balance due is $9695. $418 to ship to me all the way from Europe, that's the best deal yet.

#4831 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am wondering if the person bidding that much understood it was for just a tag or they were thinking it was for the machine.

I’m with you there, when I first saw it I assumed it was for the machine. They need to be much clearer about what you are bidding on. Should be interesting.

#4832 2 years ago

Just paid Cointaker for my LV. Now that my SV is tuned in I’ll be selling it (as soon as I get my LV). Love this game!

#4833 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone still making this mod? [quoted image]

Here is an alternate mod from @Mageek: I have one and it’s very nice!

Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

558C7386-1180-4D63-B0D3-B10753E4299B (resized).jpeg558C7386-1180-4D63-B0D3-B10753E4299B (resized).jpeg

#4834 2 years ago

Paid full SV invoice in October and still waiting.

#4835 2 years ago

Cointaker .... has done a great job ensuring pins from 2 companies are being built and the risk to the consumer has been low !
with so many start ups screwing over buyers without them Aliens and BL would not be in the hands of consumers (albeit slowly)
Hats off to the Cointaker Team for putting up with the endless emails from the buyers.

#4836 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hats off to the Cointaker Team for putting up with the endless emails from the buyers.

I'm not upset with Cointaker, but it's a stretch to give them a hats off for "putting up" with inquiries from their customers. Whatever business you're in, you need to keep the focus on customer satisfaction, or you will lose business to someone else who does a better job. There is no "putting up" with customers. Customers are the point of the business. I think Cointaker could do themselves a favor in this department by being proactive in communication. Keep a distribution list of people who have placed orders for machines, if something changes send out a BCC email to them with a heads up. Keep the lines of communication going and you won't be in a situation where customers are emailing you because they are unclear of what to expect.

At any rate, I understand this is a fast moving and oftem changing landscape of business right now. Added in there are all these supply chain issues that continue to throw a wrench into business-as-usual. I'm not pissed off at Cointaker at all, I'm empathetic. But as a customer who paid in full for a table months ago with the expectation it was going to be at my doorstep in short order, giving them praise for "putting up" with periodic inquiries from me is a little insulting. Hope you understand.

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

There is no "putting up" with customers. Customers are the point of the business. I think Cointaker could do themselves a favor in this department by being proactive in communication.

agree to disagree ... you have valid points
but endless emails of when is my game going arrive .... too many disruptions in the shipping side of things!
buy it, dont buy it! all good will arrive when it arrives

#4838 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

agree to disagree ... you have valid points
but endless emails of when is my game going arrive .... too many disruptions in the shipping side of things!
buy it, dont buy it! all good will arrive when it arrives

It is clear you don't understand how free market economies work, and that's fine. First distributor offering the same game that offers a portal you can log into that shows expected delivery dates and emails changes in those expectations takes all the business, doesn't have to deal with "endless emails", and provides a loyalty based customer experience. I'll take choice over "buy it or don't" all day long.

Again I'm not pissed off at Cointaker. It's just very clear that there is a missing hole that needs to be filled in communication. The "endless emails" are merely a symptom of the problem. Cointaker should do themselves a favor and fix it.

#4839 2 years ago

Tell me you are new to pinball without telling me you are new to pinball.

Let me save you some stress. You can say all the 'this is how it should be' you want, but nothing changes. And, most likely won't. They've got zero incentive to change due to the ever growing demand and ever increasing profit margins. I'm of the mind that distros are an outdated resource overall, but because manufacturers also won't change, people think they remain necessary. There's a ton of 'this is wrong' in the pinball business, but over the years, it has grown and thrived using old old business models with very minimal change. Does it make sense in modern business sense? No, and maybe at some point when pinball starts to become obsolete again, someone can say 'shoulda done this', but the business world is short sighted.

Now, in defense of these people as well, most of these are small mom and pop 1-2 person shows. They are not Microsoft with support in India. Additionally, the pinball manufacturers are small as well (comparatively). What is happening the last few years is new to everyone. Before now, you could get a Stern almost immediately, but look now? Who knows when you will get one. It's a hobby - and external to the hobby - wide issue. Unfortunately, all you can do is hope that when you do eventually get your game it works, or if it has issues, support is good enough to get it taken care of without much hassle.

#4840 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm sorry I haven't been around in pinball long enough to become cynical and accept that this is the way things are. I suppose after many years one might become complacent in what they accept. I'm not new to business. You don't need to be Microsoft, or any more than a 1-2 person mom and pop shop to handle this situation however.... And listen, I'm not trying to be a dick here. But if it's considered a "problem" that customers are asking where their product is, than it's a problem with the distributor, not the customer, hands down.

Two low-tech, low-time solutions I have in mind, given that each distributor is selling possibly 10 different machines at any given time....

1) Create a web-page per machine with expected delivery dates and update it daily. Anyone emailing or calling could be directed to check this page whenever they want.

2) Create a distribution group per machine and email with any changes to expecations.

Both of these solutions would (a) drastically reduce the incoming emails, (b) drastically reduce time spend emailing customers the same thing over and over, (c) increase customer satisfaction.

Being new to this whole thing doesn't mean my opinions should be discounted. In fact, as someone who is relatively new to this whole thing, I'm a little disappointed that some of the guys who have been around for a while are so happy with a "buy it or don't" and "it is what it is" mentality. Pinball keeps advancing, why doesn't the market and distribution service as well? It's a shame really.

#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Let me save you some stress. You can say all the 'this is how it should be' you want, but nothing changes. And, most likely won't. They've got zero incentive to change due to the ever growing demand and ever increasing profit margins. I'm of the mind that distros are an outdated resource overall, but because manufacturers also won't change, people think they remain necessary. There's a ton of 'this is wrong' in the pinball business, but over the years, it has grown and thrived using old old business models with very minimal change. Does it make sense in modern business sense? No, and maybe at some point when pinball starts to become obsolete again, someone can say 'shoulda done this', but the business world is short sighted.
Now, in defense of these people as well, most of these are small mom and pop 1-2 person shows. They are not Microsoft with support in India. Additionally, the pinball manufacturers are small as well (comparatively).

Never understand these continuous knocks on distributors? More so then ever they Need distributors. Just consider the key word “distribution”. Can you envision Stern calling 100 trucks in per week to ship Individual games to individual clients around the world? Not very logistically practical. Same for support, local shows, advertising, warranty reserves, and so on. All stores in the US for the most part are distributors. Companies that try to be single source rarely grow or succeed.

#4842 2 years ago

wah wah wah .... I want my new toy now!

first world problems

just pinball ....

we are lucky that PB has taken on rebuilding these games !

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm sorry I haven't been around in pinball long enough to become cynical and accept that this is the way things are. I suppose after many years one might become complacent in what they accept. I'm not new to business. You don't need to be Microsoft, or any more than a 1-2 person mom and pop shop to handle this situation however.... And listen, I'm not trying to be a dick here. But if it's considered a "problem" that customers are asking where their product is, than it's a problem with the distributor, not the customer, hands down.
Two low-tech, low-time solutions I have in mind, given that each distributor is selling possibly 10 different machines at any given time....
1) Create a web-page per machine with expected delivery dates and update it daily. Anyone emailing or calling could be directed to check this page whenever they want.
2) Create a distribution group per machine and email with any changes to expecations.
Both of these solutions would (a) drastically reduce the incoming emails, (b) drastically reduce time spend emailing customers the same thing over and over, (c) increase customer satisfaction.
Being new to this whole thing doesn't mean my opinions should be discounted. In fact, as someone who is relatively new to this whole thing, I'm a little disappointed that some of the guys who have been around for a while are so happy with a "buy it or don't" and "it is what it is" mentality. Pinball keeps advancing, why doesn't the market and distribution service as well? It's a shame really.

You aren't saying anything that many of us have also said in the past. I'm just letting you know there's no point fretting about it, because it doesn't change.

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

wah wah wah .... I want my new toy now!
first world problems
just pinball ....
we are lucky that PB has taken on rebuilding these games !

We are lucky that PB has taken on rebuilding these games. We are lucky Cointaker has taken on distribution of them. I'm not "wah wah wah" crying -- I'm pointing out that endless emails are a symptom of a need for better communication -- that is all. I'd appreciate it if we didn't all make this some personal attack on me because I have that viewpoint.

#4845 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You aren't saying anything that many of us have also said in the past. I'm just letting you know, that no point fretting about it, because it doesn't change.

Totally fair point -- I get it. All that being said, I guess I see opportunity here more than anything. Someone could really capitalize... But in the meantime, I just don't want to be painted as annoying or a problem for emailing every few weeks for a status update. The only thing I took issue with was the original comment that Cointaker is somehow deserving in praise for "putting up" with inquiries. I'll shut up now

#4846 2 years ago

Paid my LV invoice yesterday. Didn’t realize they were this close to being ready.
Time to get excited.

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

cpr9999 Did they answer your question on the apron?

Yes.
Their reply was in my post - “Marketing oversold the Limited Apron. It just meant adding a dog tag”.

#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

What invoice number?

My SV invoice was ending in 348
Again, paid in full in Sept and was an early 2nd quarter Dec 2020 order. It will be here on Monday!

#4849 2 years ago

Whoever mentioned that they increased the pop up posts by 30%. Thanks! Works perfect now. Cheers!

#4850 2 years ago

Distributors definitely add value to the process. Before the shortage, you could just buy a nib machine off cointaker or other websites. Heck, you could even buy a game off Amazon sometimes. These are all options provided by distributors. Right now is a weird time because the distributors aren't getting as precise information as they used to. I think they're doing the best they can with what they have.

Also you have to acknowledge the distributors that haul games around the country to ensure local shows are a success and take active participation in helping promote the pinball scene and brand.

I definitely appreciate having a distributor.

Things always look easy when you're not the one doing it. Typical Dunning Kruger thought process.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/97?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.