2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 372.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Melissa is asking for the full payment when PB is asking. This comes with the assumption that it will be shipped soon after, however just getting a ship out of dock has been a question of 'when'...and that's before it even gets to the US.
I didn't like it either though when we'd get answers that basically seemed like they were guessing...but I have to assume these are things that PB is telling them.

Cointaker would be MUCH better off not promising dates and timeframes. They should say we do NOT have a confirmed date at this point, when we do we will get back with you on a target window.

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Understand.
In both cases:
1. Why take full payment in advance if you (Cointaker) does not know? Bad business, especially as you state of DP/PB are not able to reliably deliver.
2. Order in line. This has been gone over several times. Let people know where they stand. What is the pint of being vague? People try to figure out regardless when they feel they are being taken advantage of.
These are why I am being nice call this “messy”. Several people would call it worse.

No question the system could (Should) be more refined. I assume (nothing more), BP is teller her the games are ready to ship start to collect and she takes that as the truth given. I also assume, like any shipped high value product she has to remit payment for goods prior to shipping which they seem to be Stretching. Again not great but so far PB and CT have delivered on a great product just not on the predictable time table we would like.

#4703 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No question the system could (Should) be more refined. I assume (nothing more), BP is teller her the games are ready to ship start to collect and she takes that as the truth given. I also assume, like any shipped high value product she has to remit payment for goods prior to shipping which they seem to be Stretching. Again not great but so far PB and CT have delivered on a great product just not on the predictable time table we would like.

Understood and appreciate they are trying to pull this off.

“Delivered on a great product” remains to be seen by most of us. You may have pull with Melissa but the average person here is still waiting and getting jerked around. I don’t buy just accept it. They could do more to help: no more bs dates, update a list of games & dates (then update it weekly). Just think of all the email and call volume that would drop and better customer service. Not that hard. This has been mentioned many times and they refuse to do this.

Unfortunately buyers for these games have to go through Cointaker for the most part, but they lose out from a number of us buying Stern games, etc. through other distributors because we don’t trust them.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Cointaker would be MUCH better off not promising dates and timeframes. They should say we do NOT have a confirmed date at this point, when we do we will get back with you on a target window.

I can guarantee given your current frustrations, if they told you no dates at all, it wouldn't be any better. These are being shipped from another country in a time when everything is f'd up. There is no reason to 'not trust' them though. It takes time, but it eventually comes through. It would not be any better at any other distro, because they are beholden to PB, and the shippers, and the ports. They aren't trying to screw anyone over. I can say this as someone who had never ordered from them before and have no clout. I completely understand that once you've paid in full, it is frustrating not knowing what is going on...been there with it as well, but I think over time we've come to realize that CT doesn't have a ton of information either once PB has loaded the boxes, and frankly PB isn't exactly forthcoming with details.

#4705 2 years ago

As a customer, all I really want is baseline communication. This is a crazy world we live in right now with delays and supply chain problems. If you're being told that your machine is all but on the way, and then something goes wrong, a quick email with "we're very sorry, but there has been a delay due to X reason. The new expected date is now X." would be fantastic. What kinda sucks is thinking it's going to be any day now, and then the forums, not the distributor tells you that it sounds like there is a delay. Things happen... but here I am making sure I don't go out of town for the next few weeks based on knowledge that is possibly incorrect. It's all good I suppose.. it just brings back bad memories of construction workers that stop mid-way through a project and don't come back. Not saying that's the case here... but paying in advance causes us to worry when the communication isn't there.

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I've been following this thread and the frustration has finally hit me. I have a lot of patience for delays and it doesn't really bother me as I have other machines to play and understand the global supply chain constraints currently in full force.

What is bothering me is being told things that aren't true. I paid my invoice in Sept and was told the machine should arrive within 30 days and was shipped. I called once 30 days hit and was told it'd be there in the next 2 weeks and was in transit.

It has now been over 60 days and I'm wondering if I'm just being fed a line of continuous bullshit which is what upsets me. It also bothers me that I've paid in full with the commitment that the game has been shipped and at this point I'm not even confident it even has been built. I do not care for people holding onto my money and not providing clear communication.

This is my first experience dealing with Cointaker and at this point it will most likely be my last.

I'm just curious if anyone else is getting any clear line of sight with this and if not, if they are being fed a complete line of bullshit like I am?

This is why I'm still sitting on the sidelines. I'm ready to place my order once there's a steady flow of games coming in and I'm comfortable that I won't be one of those paid in full guys hand-wringing for six months waiting and hoping. I get it that's the way of the world these days, but when full payment is sent, the game needs to be shipping soon after.

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

As a customer, all I really want is baseline communication. This is a crazy world we live in right now with delays and supply chain problems. If you're being told that your machine is all but on the way, and then something goes wrong, a quick email with "we're very sorry, but there has been a delay due to X reason. The new expected date is now X." would be fantastic. What kinda sucks is thinking it's going to be any day now, and then the forums, not the distributor tells you that it sounds like there is a delay. Things happen... but here I am making sure I don't go out of town for the next few weeks based on knowledge that is possibly incorrect. It's all good I suppose.. it just brings back bad memories of construction workers that stop mid-way through a project and don't come back. Not saying that's the case here... but paying in advance causes us to worry when the communication isn't there.

Sounds fair and pretty simple - quick email.

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is why I'm still sitting on the sidelines. I'm ready to place my order once there's a steady flow of games coming in and I'm comfortable that I won't be one of those paid in full guys hand-wringing for six months waiting and hoping. I get it that's the way of the world these days, but when full payment is sent, the game needs to be shipping soon after.

good luck with a steady flow - might be more reasonable to find a huo someone is done with.

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

good luck with a steady flow - might be more reasonable to find a huo someone is done with.

Yah, I was starting to think that as well. Still, it seems like it could improve a little more than this?

#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Anyone else have problems with their game acting as if the ball has drained even though it's still in play? Or alternatively adding extra balls when it clearly shouldn't? I have updated to 2.4 and still have the problem. Doesn't happen every single game, but often enough to be very frustrating. Contacted Cato about this several days ago but have yet to hear back from him.

0E99A915-5C9A-47CC-B82D-7897A0FA153F (resized).png0E99A915-5C9A-47CC-B82D-7897A0FA153F (resized).png
#4711 2 years ago

Just to clarify. At no point did I think Cointaker is screwing me. I know I will receive a game eventually or CT will take care of me. I'm frustrated with the communication and expectations and false hope. I told all the people at my location an Alien is coming in the next few weeks which now I know isn't true. I hate letting my customers down.

#4712 2 years ago

I haven't been thrilled with the communication for a while now.
I paid in full Oct. 21 and was told 2 ships on the water.
One would hit port Nov. 11 and another 2 weeks later.
Mine was on what I thought was the first ship. CT said it was on the water.
Honestly I have no clue what is going on and it is frustrating.

All they have to do is what was suggested:
Have open communication lines through e-mails with customers at a minimum.
List serial numbers and approximations. It's the "nothing" that is bothersome. Just communicate!

I've been told things and that follow-ups would occur and neither happened.

If I ran my business this way I'd be out of business.

I guess it's a different world and we're all part of the problem in this hobby paying for things we've not yet seen or played and we should know better I guess from past nightmare stories of pinball companies and other businesses doing horrid things to their customers.

I have no doubt I'll receive a pinball machine from CT. What condition it is in when I get it or when are the big "what IF's?"

#4713 2 years ago

Everyone is right here - communication is most important, because generally speaking it's only the uncertainty that generates frustration. These things are a lot of money, and generate huge amounts of anticipation, so when things get delayed but no news is forthcoming, you find yourself thinking about it way too much. That's where the problems start to come in.

Just keeping everyone updated (even if its delayed by weeks or months) eliminates all the uncertainty, and doesn't keep you guessing and wondering.

#4714 2 years ago

swenny I was having that problem but making sure the cables are routed farther from the coils as shown in post 3592 made those issues stop. But I still have the ball not always registering when it drains, and sometimes not activating the ballsave when it drains via the lighted left outlane. In these cases I check the active switches and see only trough 1-5 active. But if I look at the trough leds I see none are lit including 6. (the jam light is lit tho). So I'm trying to figure out what causes this issue. Anybody have a clue?

#4715 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I pinged Melissa over the weekend to find out what my 'LV' number was as I was considering the PB auction of the 426 dog tag.
I got this response:
"We will let you know this week…right now with the holiday, we are trying to get all of the orders out we can and in between we will be answering these emails.'
So maybe the latest shipment are on their way from CT?

WOW! At least you got a response. I've been emailing Melissa at Cointaker since August when I placed my deposit on the LV and each time she says the same thing "I'm busy now, I can get you that info soon" and here we are, almost at the end of the year. I emailed her this weekend, still no response.

What bothers me is the inconsistency!

If others in this thread already know their # on the LV WAITING LIST, wouldn't that indicate that such a list exists? Just sit down and email everyone from the list one night, state their # at least and tell them that you have "no idea" when the machines will arrive, but at least we feel like Cointaker gives a shit about our patronage -- considering we're all paying BIG BUX for these machines. I agree with everyone in this thread, the PINBALL BROTHERS are terrible at communication/promotion but I always heard that Cointaker was solid but not from my experience with them so far.

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just to clarify. At no point did I think Cointaker is screwing me. I know I will receive a game eventually or CT will take care of me. I'm frustrated with the communication and expectations and false hope. I told all the people at my location an Alien is coming in the next few weeks which now I know isn't true. I hate letting my customers down.

If there is one thing to know about alien is that you can’t commit to anyone when alien is actually going to be there. My standard was all over the place timing wise but I eventually received it. LV looks like it will be more of the same. Melissa is just relaying what she is being told and that trip to us takes forever. Whether it’s PB’s fault or not, no one should be holding their breath on its arrival b/c disappointment will be the only result.

Good news is that once you get it, you’ll enjoy it.

Btw - I’ve been told just Q1 on LV. If that’s true, I will be happy. Who knows.

#4717 2 years ago

Buying an Alien is definitely an adventure from start to finish!

Oh wait.. there is no finish.

#4718 2 years ago

Those of you wanting to know when you will get your LV , Good Luck ..... Took me almost a full year to get my SV and like everyone else ,CT would never tell me how many games were in front of me . Next boat , next boat next boat for 11+ months. Point is , there has to be a list somewhere to show when each game was ordered , so why not tell anyone .... I can think of a few reasons

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

WOW! At least you got a response. I've been emailing Melissa at Cointaker since August when I placed my deposit on the LV and each time she says the same thing "I'm busy now, I can get you that info soon" and here we are, almost at the end of the year. I emailed her this weekend, still no response.
What bothers me is the inconsistency!
If others in this thread already know their # on the LV WAITING LIST, wouldn't that indicate that such a list exists? Just sit down and email everyone from the list one night, state their # at least and tell them that you have "no idea" when the machines will arrive, but at least we feel like Cointaker gives a shit about our patronage -- considering we're all paying BIG BUX for these machines. I agree with everyone in this thread, the PINBALL BROTHERS are terrible at communication/promotion but I always heard that Cointaker was solid but not from my experience with them so far.

Is Cointaker servicing Canada? I thought they had a different vendor for Canada, if true could that be the root issue, no jursidiction?

#4720 2 years ago

Everyone needs to relax, you'll get your game eventually. Pete Buttigieg is on maternity leave so he can't handle your supply chain issues right now, he'll be back to work in 6 months or so.. hopefully you'll get your game then. Fortunately for us, everyone in the Canadian administration and at our ship yards have been working non stop here in Canada. It's raining Aliens through out the country! 3 buddy's just got one.

#4721 2 years ago

Well I got my topper today, now I just need to get my LV eventually. After 7 years, hopefully only another year or so and I'll have it!

Screenshot_20211221-172528_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-172528_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-172556_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-172556_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-172624_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-172624_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Well I got my topper today, now I just need to get my LV eventually. After 7 years, hopefully only another year or so and I'll have it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome.

#4723 2 years ago

Can you send us an actual picture of that? Pretty sweet!

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Shit…yep definitely told my players Thanksgiving since I was told that info. Sold a game in prep for it coming in. Thankfully buyer was a friend so he let me keep it when my game ended up not being on that boat. I just delivered the game to him tonight having been told my Alien would be here by the end of December. Looks like my location is going to have a hole in the lineup for a bit

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Can you send us an actual picture of that? Pretty sweet!

Sure, I have to unbox it and check for any damage anyway.

20211221_180725 (resized).jpg20211221_180725 (resized).jpg20211221_181118 (resized).jpg20211221_181118 (resized).jpg20211221_181123 (resized).jpg20211221_181123 (resized).jpg20211221_181131 (resized).jpg20211221_181131 (resized).jpg20211221_181136 (resized).jpg20211221_181136 (resized).jpg
#4726 2 years ago

Incredible!

Thank you for sharing.

#4727 2 years ago

Here’s my topper. It stands about 15” tall. Incredible detail. I just need to figure out what lighting I want to use. Either spot lights or an led strip below it’s body.

3EB73FC1-15A2-4B7A-A7F1-E8B8B6291421 (resized).jpeg3EB73FC1-15A2-4B7A-A7F1-E8B8B6291421 (resized).jpeg9EF62DEE-6254-4432-9B37-1BDD15CDE385 (resized).jpeg9EF62DEE-6254-4432-9B37-1BDD15CDE385 (resized).jpegFFCA3A05-0CD7-48B4-8BE0-947FA29C3506 (resized).jpegFFCA3A05-0CD7-48B4-8BE0-947FA29C3506 (resized).jpegF5AEA70B-4339-4115-9D42-717977EB8905 (resized).jpegF5AEA70B-4339-4115-9D42-717977EB8905 (resized).jpegE3FB46FC-014F-48A9-AEFC-C799C0D9C6AD (resized).jpegE3FB46FC-014F-48A9-AEFC-C799C0D9C6AD (resized).jpeg
#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Is Cointaker servicing Canada? I thought they had a different vendor for Canada, if true could that be the root issue, no jursidiction?

I got mine through Nitro who got it from CoinTaker, it was shipped directly from ConTaker to me.

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I got mine through Nitro who got it from CoinTaker, it was shipped directly from ConTaker to me.

Just curious when did you originally order?
Also what quarter and invoice#?

Thanks.

#4730 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Well I got my topper today, now I just need to get my LV eventually. After 7 years, hopefully only another year or so and I'll have

Very nice!!

I'm going with this Hollywood movie-accurate pulse riffle replica for a topper along with the beacon light set attached once its shipped.

BB1118FD-734C-4595-85F6-8A7AA7D645F8 (resized).pngBB1118FD-734C-4595-85F6-8A7AA7D645F8 (resized).png
#4731 2 years ago

Im sure some of you have seen this life size alien queen wall mount but this is my topper once I get a house big enough to mount it on the wall above the pinball machine.
I love this item. Wife didnt even see it for 2 months then one day was "woah what the hell is that!".
W/ two beacons firing off underneath it, will be truly frightening!

a1381926-7ff5-4edc-8ed3-eaf589d66763 (resized).jpga1381926-7ff5-4edc-8ed3-eaf589d66763 (resized).jpg

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Just curious when did you originally order?
Also what quarter and invoice#?
Thanks.

I don’t want to upset anyone but I put my deposit down May 23 had my machine June 30. I can only surmise that Nitro had a certain allotment assigned to them and I was lucky enough to get one of them. I didn’t have a cointaker invoice # since it was purchased through Nitro.

#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I don’t want to upset anyone but I put my deposit down May 23 had my machine June 30. I can only surmise that Nitro had a certain allotment assigned to them and I was lucky enough to get one of them. I didn’t have a cointaker invoice # since it was purchased through Nitro.

I'm happy for you. I am sure what you're saying is right.
I just wish we knew this so we could expect and plan accordingly.
Some people changed travel plans to be home expecting games to be delivered based on rumor from CT.

My guess is that there are so many pins on each ship and per allotments when they come in they are going out accordingly like you said.
CT should just tell us. That's all we're asking.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Those of you wanting to know when you will get your LV , Good Luck ..... Took me almost a full year to get my SV and like everyone else ,CT would never tell me how many games were in front of me . Next boat , next boat next boat for 11+ months. Point is , there has to be a list somewhere to show when each game was ordered , so why not tell anyone .... I can think of a few reasons

Mine also took nearly a year to arrive downunder after allocation in January 2021 and deposit early February. I was originally told I would receive it March (lol) and I got it in December 2021!

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Went back to 2.2d and playing reliable again. 2.3 really threw my game. I sent PB my log.
One thing that bothers me that that when I am in eggs nest mode for both Alien or Aliens it does not stop the orbit shot and drop ball into the pop bumpers….I hit orbit shots to complete the mode but blow right past the pops. Other times diverted out orbits into pops..Frustrating.

I think you have to have hypersleep lock enabled in this mode for the orbit diverter to pop and feed into pops.... i think.

#4736 2 years ago

This would make an amazing topper....but it's way too big
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4737 2 years ago

Loving the topper ideas!
This may not be a topper, but it will definitely be placed very close to my LV once it arrives.....

IMG_0399 (resized).jpgIMG_0399 (resized).jpg
#4738 2 years ago

I 3D printed some UV reactive toppers. If you don't see a pic, I'm not verified.

alien topper (resized).jpgalien topper (resized).jpg

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Very nice!!
I'm going with this Hollywood movie-accurate pulse riffle replica for a topper along with the beacon light set attached once its shipped.[quoted image]

That was my plan also. Post a pic when finished.
I would like to see how you mount. I think the gun is as wide as the head so nut sure how to fit it between the beacon lights.

#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That was my plan also. Post a pic when finished.
I would like to see how you mount. I think the gun is as wide as the head so nut sure how to fit it between the beacon lights.

Suspend it from ceiling on fishing line over the beacons?

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This would make an amazing topper....but it's way too big

That is an amazing piece of art but with a price tag to match at over $2k

#4742 2 years ago

But I do love my topper and as a bonus the beacons are going to fit

20211219_160639 (resized).jpg20211219_160639 (resized).jpg
#4743 2 years ago

might be a little longer wait guys. "Joe Biden will require essential, non-resident travelers crossing US land borders, such as truck drivers to be fully vaccinated by January 22, 2022, 78% of truck drivers still unvaccinated"

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

might be a little longer wait guys. "Joe Biden will require essential, non-resident travelers crossing US land borders, such as truck drivers to be fully vaccinated by January 22, 2022, 78% of truck drivers still unvaccinated"

Longer wait for whom?

All this says is that folks traveling to the US by land that aren't residents will require vaccination. The pins aren't coming in on trucks from Canada or Mexico.

#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Longer wait for whom?
All this says is that folks traveling to the US that aren't residents will require vaccination. The pins aren't coming in on trucks from Canada or Mexico.

I was told the games were coming from Montreal because of the supply chain issues in the states. It could be lies I guess. crazy times. Either way, hope everyone gets a game soon. Cheers!

#4746 2 years ago

It's a shame this thread focussing on delivery times and logistics, but I understand the frustrations of guys waiting so long.......I will never preorder a pinball machine. The only reason I am an owner is the distributor announced he had some spare in stock. Bought on a Monday, shipped and setup the Friday.

So the flipper switch mod - my suggeston is you do not use the the high current contact version replacements. I had issues with switch recognition and I suspect after talking to a knowledgable friend switching current issues to the processor.
So built my own versions with low current slingshot switches and it is working like a charm with nice strong button feel. Added stiffener plates and insulator particularly on the shooter side as it is so close to the launch solenoid.

Working on mods at the moment to custom the game up to my own taste. Tranlslite, trim, cab art, apron, custom plastics and hardware etc. Have changed out rubber to Pinball life perfectplay already.

My initial thoughts is it is a fun game with lots to do and learn. And the theme and sound integration is killer!
I like it that alot of shots are possible from all 4 flippers...no one trick ponies so to speak. They are all useful..
I get flash backs of TZ, Hobbit, AFM, Tom for little reasons how I feel it plays.

I am pretty picky with games and things. I have some opinions on some aspects of the game that I would rather not go into on a forum as I don't want to seem too negative. Most things I believe I can change to my own taste.

I'm hoping for some code updates with the following:
- Shaker hookup information for SV
- Sound EQ adjustments top and bottom similar to spike 2 for custom tuning.
- Faster response time to auto relaunch/ballsave etc

I'm also hoping to get some information on coil equivalents and parts availabilty. Would hate to be waiting for parts to be sent from Sweden for a breakdown.
I'm not confident in the xeno shaft and cog assembly lasting with the metal on metal setup and play in the shaft. Hopefully there is a more refined system coming for that.

All in all...very happy with the purchase. It is only my second NIB. I usually build my pins up myself. I downloaded the rule set link so will see if I can get a better understanding of what to do in the game!

Will post up some pics of all my mods as I go.........cheers from downunder!
IMG_20211221_162148_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20211221_162148_01 (resized).jpg

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

But I do love my topper and as a bonus the beacons are going to fit

This looks cool, can you post a few more angles of the “Big Chap” mounted on the wall.

I want to see how it looks mounted, thanks.

#4748 2 years ago

Does anyone else have these Philips head M3 bolts securing the airlock screen?

IMG_6097 (resized).JPEGIMG_6097 (resized).JPEG
#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

From looking at other posts, that's what is used

Thanks, Certainly the first one is so not just me, Some have much larger M4 Torx bolt heads that don't fit my airlock mod it seems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/95?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.