Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 376.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Yes, USB 1 from your backbox monitor will go to the USB IN1 port in the black box in the cabinet. 2-2, 3-3. There is no 4.
You will probably have to cut the zip ties to properly trace them.

Well, traced the cables back and hooked them up as above and got this....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
EV

20211213_212402 (resized).jpg20211213_212402 (resized).jpg
#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I took the plunge and emailed Melissa. She's out until Wednesday. Hopefully some news then.

I talked to her today and she's not back into the office till Weds. She did say that there is a ship they're waiting on to get into port. She said she didn't have additional details on my particular machine since she's not in the office.

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Well, traced the cables back and hooked them up as above and got this....
Thoughts?
Thanks,
EV

Ooops! Turns out I was reading the picture wrong. The backbox unit is upside-down from the schematic picture. So, once I transposed the positions and swapped the USB cables to the correct spots, everything works fine.

Appreciate the help on here!

Thanks,
EV

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I talked to her today and she's not back into the office till Weds. She did say that there is a ship they're waiting on to get into port. She said she didn't have additional details on my particular machine since she's not in the office.

How did you talk to her if she's not in the office? lol
Curious when did you order originally and what is your invoice number if you have it?
I'm curious and expected mine last shipment.

#4505 2 years ago

Noticing a strange one on 2.4 and i do have a ticket open for this. Maybe 1 out of every 6 times the Xeno tongue does not release the ball into the drop in the alien head and holds the ball. After i drain all balls in Ambush, the machine with perform a ball search then drops the ball as it shoudl have originally. Anyone have this issue, or maybe even resolved it?

#4506 2 years ago

I'm having some flipper drop when catching the ball on the left flipper from an eject from the mode start scoop. Anyone else experiencing that?

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Noticing a strange one on 2.4 and i do have a ticket open for this. Maybe 1 out of every 6 times the Xeno tongue does not release the ball into the drop in the alien head and holds the ball. After i drain all balls in Ambush, the machine with perform a ball search then drops the ball as it shoudl have originally. Anyone have this issue, or maybe even resolved it?

Yes I have had this quite a few times. I haven't fully investigated but it seems like the Xeno tongue switch is being triggered prematurely or thinks it has. I intend to check the switch adjustment or even replace it. (I did experience this prior to 2.4)

#4508 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yes I have had this quite a few times. I haven't fully investigated but it seems like the Xeno tongue switch is being triggered prematurely or thinks it has. I intend to check the switch adjustment or even replace it. (I did experience this prior to 2.4)

I have performed the "RetroCengo" switch adjust as i thought this was the case... i even ensured that the gear on the stepper motor was secure (screw tight). I am now thinking that it may be related to the magnet, that something is just a touch off with it.. it appears to "pull" on the tongue a bit during retraction when this occurs and i wonder if this is causing a "slip" which confuses the position for release? Dunno.. i updated my comments with Cato on the support ticket so lets see what comes back.

#4509 2 years ago

I have decided to make these available for sale. $65 shipped within North America, +extra shipping over seas. Please message me if interested. Thanks

AIRLOCK (resized).JPEGAIRLOCK (resized).JPEG
#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have decided to make these available for sale. $65 shipped within North America, +extra shipping over seas. Please message me if interested. Thanks
[quoted image]

I'll make an order as soon as I have the machine in hand.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

How did you talk to her if she's not in the office? lol

Cell phones are a thing.

#4512 2 years ago

I keep getting stuck to this thread... with LV anticipation!

941 (resized).jpg941 (resized).jpg
#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Cell phones are a thing.

Someone has her cell phone? Cool if so.
Maybe there are people out there on this topic that know her pretty well and have her cell number.

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Someone has her cell phone? Cool if so.
Maybe there are people out there on this topic that know her pretty well and have her cell number.

What about contacting someone through email?

#4515 2 years ago

If someone reached her through e-mail great. Any updates then?

#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

If someone reached her through e-mail great. Any updates then?

I never suggested anyone reached her through email. I sure hope you get your game right away dude.. if not, we will grab our pitch forks and see what we can do for ya! Just having fun.. can tell you're anxious for this pin to arrive already!

#4517 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm the cab is the same dimensions as a Bally Williams wide body at all for me please?
I realise the hinge setup is different.

#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Can anyone confirm the cab is the same dimensions as a Bally Williams wide body at all for me please?
I realise the hinge setup is different.

Courtesy of TinyBlackDog https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/22#post-6333007

PB also have some dimensions in their documentation https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Unpacking_instruction_01_Dim.pdf

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I never suggested anyone reached her through email. I sure hope you get your game right away dude.. if not, we will grab our pitch forks and see what we can do for ya! Just having fun.. can tell you're anxious for this pin to arrive already!

I am but not terribly crazy either....yet! LOL

This is a good group of people here and I am happy to be among them.

#4520 2 years ago

Thanks Manny for link above.
Next Question! Are the coin doors Stern JJp or DE style, single or double chute ( or maybe different here in Australia?)

#4521 2 years ago

I sent her an email since I'm going to be gone for a couple weeks for Christmas. No games have come in yet.

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks Manny for link above.
Next Question! Are the coin doors Stern JJp or DE style, single or double chute ( or maybe different here in Australia?)

Standard coin door , looks like this, The Nostromo plaque came from Etsy ...

IMG_7073 (resized).jpgIMG_7073 (resized).jpg
#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Standard coin door , looks like this, The Nostromo plaque came from Etsy ...[quoted image]

Got a link for that plaque?...I like it

#4524 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Standard coin door , looks like this, The Nostromo plaque came from Etsy ...[quoted image]

what is that angled plastic thingy at the head? is that a glare filter?? where did you get?

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

what is that angled plastic thingy at the head? is that a glare filter?? where did you get?

That's just a regular bent plastic

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Pinball life

Screenshot_20211216-135803_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211216-135803_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4528 2 years ago

I signed in to contact the seller...and then one popped up as available...sweet

#4529 2 years ago

All I got to say is, Pinball Brothers knocked it out of the park with this one!!

Someone said this game doesn’t need a sub.

I Agree!!

CF338251-7C6C-449A-ABD8-AC263466DA9A (resized).jpegCF338251-7C6C-449A-ABD8-AC263466DA9A (resized).jpegEA806D85-F9EA-48D5-8F3B-35A84B0585A6 (resized).jpegEA806D85-F9EA-48D5-8F3B-35A84B0585A6 (resized).jpeg
#4530 2 years ago

“I got you...you son of a b****. (Ripely voice).

A3EB4E7C-4F46-4BA6-9EE5-BA90D7BC7642 (resized).jpegA3EB4E7C-4F46-4BA6-9EE5-BA90D7BC7642 (resized).jpeg7AB6710A-25CA-42CF-803E-F3FC71CCBDC4 (resized).png7AB6710A-25CA-42CF-803E-F3FC71CCBDC4 (resized).png244C9EA9-0A64-4F2A-B3F9-E747C3D7FAFF (resized).png244C9EA9-0A64-4F2A-B3F9-E747C3D7FAFF (resized).png
#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s so beautiful. Congrats!

#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations on delivery.
Ready to sell Dracula?

#4533 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Congratulations on delivery.
Ready to sell Dracula?

Lol, Drac is a keeper for me

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

It’s so beautiful. Congrats!

Thanks! It was a wild ride when I thought I was finally getting the game; fed-ex flaked on my delivery date.

I had to waste a day off, but I ended up getting the game the next day (today).

If you’re on the fence about getting this game, I say Go for it!

This game is the most immersive pinball experience I've had yet!

So far, the negatives I've experienced are: balls draining sdtm from the scoop, plus the flipper buttons feel “hair trigger light” when I press them, which I don't particularly like (no feed back).

Also, my ramps are scratched, which is a downer.

I'm hoping adjusting the pitch will fix the scoop issue. I may order some different flipper buttons, probably the ones with the spring in them.

So far, I love this game!! (I probably need to update the code as well, I’m on 2.2).

#4535 2 years ago

Lucky new owner here...picked up today....

Lots of plans, worked out of box but xeno doesn't sound healthy....

received_711987976445998 (resized).jpegreceived_711987976445998 (resized).jpeg
#4536 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Lucky new owner here...picked up today....
Lots of plans, worked out of box but xeno doesn't sound healthy....[quoted image]

Congrats mate!!! So looking forward to my LV ...

PS Love the custom Jaws - when's the reveal?

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Thanks! It was a wild ride when I thought I was finally getting the game; fed-ex flaked on my delivery date.
So far, the negatives I've experienced are: balls draining sdtm from the scoop, plus the flipper buttons feel “hair trigger light” when I press them, which I don't particularly like (no feed back).
I'm hoping adjusting the pitch will fix the scoop issue. I may order some different flipper buttons, probably the ones with the spring in them.
So far, I love this game!! (I probably need to update the code as well, I’m on 2.2).

I tinkered with my scoop a bit. I finally got it to work well by placing a piece of weather stripping at the front side, which causes the ball to sit further back and be struck differently by the plunger/have a different launch angle. Now the ball reliably goes to the left flipper.

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I tinkered with my scoop a bit. I finally got it to work well by placing a piece of weather stripping at the front side, which causes the ball to sit further back and be struck differently by the plunger/have a different launch angle. Now the ball reliably goes to the left flipper.

I was able to do the same by reducing the coil strength a bit... any damage to be done to coils by doing this method?

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I was able to do the same by reducing the coil strength a bit... any damage to be done to coils by doing this method?

I doubt it.

Is the kick out noticeably weaker where you have it? If not, maybe I'll play with that some more. I just like the kick out to feel aggressive.

#4540 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I doubt it.
Is the kick out noticeably weaker where you have it? If not, maybe I'll play with that some more. I just like the kick out to feel aggressive.

It is aggressive.. just not SDTM anymore.. just enought to the left to connect with flipper.

#4541 2 years ago

Anybody figure out a shaker motor option?

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Glad you received your game!
Mine is supposed to be shipped to me Monday or Tuesday of next week so I'm not that far behind you.
Regarding ramps, will they replace these? Does Cato know?

What's the protocol for code and updating? Should everyone go and update to code 2.4 regardless?

And, lastly the flipper buttons. I heard some people on here just replaced the internal leaf switches inside with Bally Williams types and it solved that flipper button issue for feel and sensitivity.

I am happy you love it and I can't wait for mine. Please keep us updated!

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Glad you received your game!
Mine is supposed to be shipped to me Monday or Tuesday of next week so I'm not that far behind you.
Regarding ramps, will they replace these? Does Cato know?
What's the protocol for code and updating? Should everyone go and update to code 2.4 regardless?
And, lastly the flipper buttons. I heard some people on here just replaced the internal leaf switches inside with Bally Williams types and it solved that flipper button issue for feel and sensitivity.
I am happy you love it and I can't wait for mine. Please keep us updated!

I notified Cato on ramps but my hypersleep ramp was over bent.
I updated out the box to 2.4 no issues there
Flipper leaf spring switches on order, will update. THe ones that are in the machine are fine, but do have a light feel to them for my tastes.

You will be very happy with the purchase for sure.

#4544 2 years ago

You guys that are now getting your games, are these the games that landed at Cointaker in November?

#4545 2 years ago
0614DD53-B5F4-4D04-A0F6-3498610B11B2 (resized).jpeg0614DD53-B5F4-4D04-A0F6-3498610B11B2 (resized).jpeg
#4546 2 years ago

Aww yiss

#4547 2 years ago

about time we get some LV love, although weird it's on a saturday. I'll take it though. Nice.

#4548 2 years ago

CGI video of LV prototype?

#4549 2 years ago

Ok, so can someone splain to me how that image translates into LV video coming tomorrow?

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ok, so can someone splain to me how that image translates into LV video coming tomorrow?

Exactly. What am I missing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/91?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.