100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 377.
#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright, boys, I just got a notification that FedEx will deliver my Alien next week!!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for minor tweaks and a kick-ass game!!

You son of a bitch. Lucky you.

#4452 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Alright, boys, I just got a notification that FedEx will deliver my Alien next week!!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for minor tweaks and a kick-ass game!!

Nice! What order # were you? Is this from the new boat or one that’s been delivering for 3 weeks or so?

#4453 2 years ago

Actually got my game today !!! Woo Hoo have a few minor issues , ball trough mostly fires 2 balls sometimes and quit launching once ... had to reboot Oh , also had to tap the leg bolt holes .....none of the leg bolts would start everything else seems ok so far

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Actually got my game today !!! Woo Hoo have a few minor issues , ball trough mostly fires 2 balls sometimes and quit launching once ... had to reboot Oh , also had to tap the leg bolt holes .....none of the leg bolts would start everything else seems ok so far

Congrats! Were still in aw, this game is number 1 for us. PB took it to another level with the help from James Cameron directly I'm sure, he had to have helped with the extra features. The passion here was above and beyond with this remake. Just amazing, were excited for everyone here that is getting one, and if u jumped in before the extra $1000. double congrats!

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Greatpins I was expecting mine but still no word. Where were you on the invoice #?
Congrats on getting it. You enjoying it I hope!?

#4456 2 years ago

ordered mine Jan. 15th

#4457 2 years ago

not too many games on it yet , getting the house ready for League finals / Tournament next Sunday at my place

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:PB took it to another level with the help from James Cameron directly I'm sure, he had to have helped with the extra features.

Is this an assumption or is there an article about it? Please post a link.

I worked for Jim from 99 to 07 building underwater equipment for his expeditions to Titanic and Bismarck. Did you know the alien queen is his voice making the screeches. The sound guys couldn't get it right so he demonstrated how he wanted it to sound and they recorded it.

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Is this an assumption or is there an article about it? Please post a link.
I worked for Jim from 99 to 07 building underwater equipment for his expeditions to Titanic and Bismarck. Did you know the alien queen is his voice making the screeches. The sound guys couldn't get it right so he demonstrated how he wanted it to sound and they recorded it.

I was just saying that because we know James was a perfectionist, that's how i feel about what PB did here. You worked with him? Sick! wish i could pick your brain on his style, how he thought. Been directing a bit but been getting crappy scripts to work with, looking for my break out.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Kevin just hooked me with this mod and it looks so much better in person, I think he has a couple left if anyone wants one. post 4082, if the image doesn't show up. Cheers!

#4461 2 years ago

Finally I'm in this club.

Got my Alien SV yesterday and except of some minor sound issues, everything is working perfect out of the box.
Some coil adjustments, that was it.

Installed some mods, including Vimtomans great Motion Tracker.

Couldn't be happier.
20211212_123251 (resized).jpg20211212_123251 (resized).jpg20211212_182652 (resized).jpg20211212_182652 (resized).jpgIMG-20211212-WA0015 (resized).jpegIMG-20211212-WA0015 (resized).jpeg

#4462 2 years ago

They need to figure out whats going on with that target. I think someone is wiring something incorrectly....or...we just need to move connectors to the ones with the lights.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Finally I'm in this club.
Got my Alien SV yesterday and except of some minor sound issues, everything is working perfect out of the box.
Some coil adjustments, that was it.
Installed some mods, including Vimtomans great Motion Tracker.
Couldn't be happier.

Happy for you Slapfighter!
Is that Bishop or Ash ripped in half? I think Ash but looks more like Bishop's face.

Also, how's the motion tracker working?

#4464 2 years ago

I had a great game today. A couple of friends came over to play for the first time (Owlnonymous was one of them) and on the first or second game I had my best game ever. Too bad Owl wasn’t streaming! I scored 503,180,910. I had Hypersleep multiball and Ambush both running at once on my second ball. We couldn’t score much at all for the rest of the session. That’s how this game is. Lots of quick frustrating games with a killer game popping up once in a great while. Love this game!

F6A81701-55BB-4E98-BDA1-DBD2ACF2AD86 (resized).jpegF6A81701-55BB-4E98-BDA1-DBD2ACF2AD86 (resized).jpeg

#4465 2 years ago

Do you mean Hypersleep + Sentry Guns? Hypersleep + Ambush shouldn’t be possible, I believe.

Great score though!

#4466 2 years ago

Used my Alien on 2.4 code for league today... Had a few balls get stuck during the trough kickout, balanced on the edge somehow. Probably caused by the update resetting my coil settings... Otherwise no issues!

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Do you mean Hypersleep + Sentry Guns? Hypersleep + Ambush shouldn’t be possible, I believe.
Great score though!

You may be right. It was pretty intense and hard to tell exactly what was going on.

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Used my Alien on 2.4 code for league today... Had a few balls get stuck during the trough kickout, balanced on the edge somehow. Probably caused by the update resetting my coil settings... Otherwise no issues!

I bumped the coil up for the trough 5% and that 100% fixed that issue for me.

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You may be right

oh, he definitely is! Great score tho

#4470 2 years ago

Hey all,

Really excited as I just joined the club! Bought a HUO Standard version from my buddy, and can't wait to start playing.

However, as we were getting it packed up for transport, I had a small issue. As I lowered the head, the LH side cable group snagged on the back of the playfield, and pulled all the connections out.

The HDMI is easy enough to tell, but there were 3 USB connectors that came loose. Unfortunately, the cables and connectors aren't labeled, so I have no idea where they go.

I've included a couple pics. Anyone able to help me figure out which one plugs in where?

Thanks,
EV

20211212_222010 (resized).jpg20211212_222010 (resized).jpg20211212_222021 (resized).jpg20211212_222021 (resized).jpg
#4471 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Happy for you Slapfighter!
Is that Bishop or Ash ripped in half? I think Ash but looks more like Bishop's face.
Also, how's the motion tracker working?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"706be920511fdbdd4f138f4e82445d00c4fa8d68-1639368291-1800"};
//]]>

Thank you.

The MT is working perfectly and goes to the Scanmode, if a ball is in the shooterlane and ready for launch.

And it's Bishop.

#4472 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
Really excited as I just joined the club! Bought a HUO Standard version from my buddy, and can't wait to start playing.
However, as we were getting it packed up for transport, I had a small issue. As I lowered the head, the LH side cable group snagged on the back of the playfield, and pulled all the connections out.
The HDMI is easy enough to tell, but there were 3 USB connectors that came loose. Unfortunately, the cables and connectors aren't labeled, so I have no idea where they go.
I've included a couple pics. Anyone able to help me figure out which one plugs in where?
Thanks,
EV
[quoted image][quoted image]

The USB you should be able to just plug into free spots, if the cable shows 'blue' it's USB3.0 and needs to go into the blue spots.

#4473 2 years ago

All 3 cable ends are white inside.

Sources down in the cab different? I suppose I could trace each cable back to its origin and check if the female source end is black or blue...

Thanks,
EV

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

All 3 cable ends are white inside.
Sources down in the cab different? I suppose I could trace each cable back to its origin and check if the female source end is black or blue...
Thanks,
EV

it doesn't matter as long as none are blue and even then may not make a difference just depends on what speed is needed that it is going to - they'd be blue on both ends. If they are all the same just plug them in.

#4475 2 years ago

Has anyone fitted a shaker yet to the SV? If yes wondering which one and connection?

#4476 2 years ago

KJS - have you picked up one of the new SV's? How's it going?

#4477 2 years ago

On my Alien the two posts that should stop the balls when looping and allow them to drop into the eggs don’t ever seem to work. They work in the test mode however. I have to assume that these will be implemented in a (hopefully soon) code update.
Do these posts ever work on any machine? Could mine need tweaking?

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

On my Alien the two posts that should stop the balls when looping and allow them to drop into the eggs don’t ever seem to work. They work in the test mode however. I have to assume that these will be implemented in a (hopefully soon) code update.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000967520--how-to-test-orbit

#4479 2 years ago

The video in this link is broken.
But I understand what is being communicated. I’ll have to test later today.
Thanks!

#4480 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Here's Ferret post on when the up-posts should feed the ball into the eggs (aka pops)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17#post-6282756

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Here's Ferret post on when the up-posts should feed the ball into the eggs (aka pops)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17#post-6282756

This will certainly be a game-changer for me when I get it working. It will also make it much easier to feed the ball through the pops to shoot for the Hypersleep locks.

#4482 2 years ago

The current one or next week? (it's Friday)</blockquote

Need to validate a switch edge test please.. can someone confirm the shooter lane switch records 2 edges tests... 1 when you depress the switch, another when you release? THank you.

#4483 2 years ago

Need to validate a switch edge test please.. can someone confirm the shooter lane switch records 2 edges tests... 1 when you depress the switch, another when you release? THank you.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Yes mine behaves this way

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

it doesn't matter as long as none are blue and even then may not make a difference just depends on what speed is needed that it is going to - they'd be blue on both ends. If they are all the same just plug them in.

And just going to random USB ports won't screw anything up? Concerned about frying something....

Thanks,
EV

#4486 2 years ago

Anyone got updates on the ship at port?

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

And just going to random USB ports won't screw anything up? Concerned about frying something....
Thanks,
EV

Nope, won't hurt anything.

#4488 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yes mine behaves this way

Thank you!!

#4489 2 years ago

When I run this test the posts do not pop up. So it appears that the Eddy switches are not working that activate the posts in the loop above the eggs.. Anybody know how to attempt to fix this?

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
Thanks,
EV
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cato set me this a while ago. Having the correct USB ports is important. See diagram. Mine came wired wrong and it caused issues to the point where it would not boot.

c8efd1b880d1d9a62b478c8eead6d9ebaaf9b61f (resized).pngc8efd1b880d1d9a62b478c8eead6d9ebaaf9b61f (resized).png

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Cato set me this a while ago. Having the correct USB ports is important. See diagram. Mine came wired wrong and it caused issues to the point where it would not boot.
[quoted image]

#4492 2 years ago

So is the top picture the source unit down in the cabinet?

If so, am I reading that right in that "USB - IN1" goes to "USB 1" in the head, "USB - IN2" goes to "USB 2" and so on?

Thanks,
EV

#4493 2 years ago

n/m - they may have it configured in a manner that if switched around it 'can' work but probably won't without some fiddling. You probably need to find out where the 3rd one goes though. I 'assume' port 3.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Note that the top photo is the cabinet interface. The bottom is the backbox monitor (regular PC outboard). Note that it and your photo are upside down from each other.

The order is Backbox --> cabinet --> Playfield/cab devices

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone got updates on the ship at port?

I took the plunge and emailed Melissa. She's out until Wednesday. Hopefully some news then.

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I took the plunge and emailed Melissa. She's out until Wednesday. Hopefully some news then.

There goes my hero!

#4496 2 years ago

My upper flipper has broken, did anyone here get replacements from pinball life? Was wondering if it is a perfect fit, don’t really want to get one from Cato as it will take longer for one.
Thanks

#4497 2 years ago

Wondering if the side rails are custom or the same as Stern lollipop at all?

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

So is the top picture the source unit down in the cabinet?
If so, am I reading that right in that "USB - IN1" goes to "USB 1" in the head, "USB - IN2" goes to "USB 2" and so on?
Thanks,
EV

Yes, USB 1 from your backbox monitor will go to the USB IN1 port in the black box in the cabinet. 2-2, 3-3. There is no 4.

You will probably have to cut the zip ties to properly trace them.

#4499 2 years ago

This is something I'll have to test a bit. Reality is, generally, it shouldn't matter which port it is attached to because it is all based/directed on what it is driving, which is discovered upon bootup. However, because this is linux based, there may be some specific port directing happening. If it indeed matters, then they should be marked as such from the factory, because those things come out quite easily. I would suggest marking them when you get it figured out.

#4500 2 years ago

Just wanted to say Cato is a super nice guy and is very responsive to me even though I bought my game used!

Thanks Cato.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/90?hl=greatpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.