2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 372.
#351 3 years ago

The build quality is outstanding on both brands, the smaller ones by Replicade and the larger Numbskull models. I got a Dig Dug arriving soon by numbskull. I will need to get the "big chap" from walmart to scale correctly with the numbskull machines, they come in a little under 20"

#352 3 years ago

My loving and infinitely patient wife says I should get a dollhouse

#353 3 years ago

What would you all guess for the turnaround time between when we pay Cointaker in full and take delivery on games from this first batch( I'm 7)? I heard Lebowski listers have waited 2-4 months after paying but I think thats due to years of bottlenecking on that list. Let me know what you guys think. Thx
J

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

What would you all guess for the turnaround time between when we pay Cointaker in full and take delivery on games from this first batch( I'm 7)? I heard Lebowski listers have waited 2-4 months after paying but I think thats due to years of bottlenecking on that list. Let me know what you guys think. Thx
J

I was joking in the other thread, but realistically, it seems like they won't be asking for the rest of the money until they are at the distro, so turnaround should be quick -- WHEN -- they actually get shoreside. The question really is how long it is going to take them to get built and shipped overseas.

#355 3 years ago

Exactly what I was thinking...great minds

#356 3 years ago

That other thread blows

#357 3 years ago

Chappie's thread is dope!

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Chappie's thread is dope!

Thanks guys, We just need to keep everything upbeat and positive vibes here.

I agree with Zablon I don't think Cointaker will be asking for the balance until they have games in stock or until at least they have shipping manifests and know when they will arrive Stateside. That would be the right thing to do IMO. Nobody heard from Melissa this week to see if those games arrived yet?

#359 3 years ago

I haven’t reached out and I’m first on her list. Just got a Shadow that I’m having a blast with so I’m all good.

#360 3 years ago

Yeah, likewise with me, just got R&M in so having a blast with that while I finish the house remodel and figure out where the Alien is going. My wife wants me to take one room and make it space themed and put Alien, Time Machine, R&M, and Space Station in it. With galaxy lights etc. Not sure yet as I'd rather just have them all lined up together in one room - but it's cool she's on board, AND at the same time asking why I haven't bought a MMr yet. lol.

#361 3 years ago

Found this on the Bradford Exchange could be possible topper

5E0FF206-30B1-49A3-8B98-2D877F33CA77 (resized).jpeg5E0FF206-30B1-49A3-8B98-2D877F33CA77 (resized).jpeg
#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

[quoted image]

Yes!

#363 3 years ago

Yeah they have them on ebay. IIRC though they are really small. I might be wrong.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

[quoted image]

Yes they are small but you can get the entire collection of 7. I was thinking about that maybe on a shelf on each side of the pin...or 3 on top and 2 on each side...so fun to dream.

Someone here can photoshop the look....lol

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Still like mine better 22" tall

s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
#366 3 years ago

So did the drop ship fall in the ocean? Are they feeding Melissa lies? I mean...wtf? This is the kind of BS I can't stand from companies. Beginning to sound more like another company who didn't learn their lesson and bit off more than they can chew. I mean, I'm all for taking your time, but quit saying things on timelines if you don't intend to keep them and don't give updates when it is way passed them.

#367 3 years ago

Guys.... don

Quoted from Zablon:

So did the drop ship fall in the ocean? Are they feeding Melissa lies? I mean...wtf? This is the kind of BS I can't stand from companies. Beginning to sound more like another company who didn't learn their lesson and bit off more than they can chew. I mean, I'm all for taking your time, but quit saying things on timelines if you don't intend to keep them and don't give updates when it is way passed them.

Communication could certainly be improved. I don't think anyone cares how long it takes as long as they know what is going on. CoinTaker could at least tell us, "Ship hit iceberg. All machines lost at sea." Or something like that.

#368 3 years ago

I ordered a fridge in October for my new place w/ a 2 week window for delivery. Latest estimate from GE was "maybe sometime in April". Luckily my garage works OK for now since it's pretty dang cold here.

GE is a HUGE company and that was the best they could tell me. Imagine being a couple dudes from Sweden LOL.

Supply and delivery chains are beyond hosed right now and there's nothing that can really be done about it unfortunately.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I ordered a fridge in October for my new place w/ a 2 week window for delivery. Latest estimate from GE was "maybe sometime in April". Luckily my garage works OK for now since it's pretty dang cold here.
GE is a HUGE company and that was the best they could tell me. Imagine being a couple dudes from Sweden LOL.
Supply and delivery chains are beyond hosed right now and there's nothing that can really be done about it unfortunately.

Automakers are going through the same problems worldwide with semiconductor shortages. I'm not surprised its hitting small pinball companies too. If that is the issue, they could communicate that better.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I get what you are saying, but they didn't tell you 'hey we shipped a couple 2 weeks ago' and then a month goes by and nothing.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

"Ship hit iceberg. All machines lost at sea."

I think you just came up with a better plot line than anything after Aliens!

96CE242F-290F-4E5B-AFF7-D1C187255CEE (resized).jpeg96CE242F-290F-4E5B-AFF7-D1C187255CEE (resized).jpeg
#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get what you are saying, but they didn't tell you 'hey we shipped a couple 2 weeks ago' and then a month goes by and nothing.

To even get a response I had to have Lowes reach out to GE directly. This took multiple visits to the stupid store. Hopefully CT can reach out to them and share an update at some point so we can discuss something besides delays and toppers

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think you just came up with a better plot line than anything after Aliens![quoted image]

HAHAAH...that's for the smile....good one.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think you just came up with a better plot line than anything after Aliens![quoted image]

David 8 is a very good plot line.
”When one note is off, it eventually destroys the whole symphony, David.”

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The machines are in quarantine for 14 days due to COVID.

#376 3 years ago

Loving this threads vibe! Very excited about the PB Alien! Even though the unknowing of the LV is killing me at the moment! Molded xenomorph slime for trim would look sick! Hoping they throw in another bash toy in the LV or make the Xenomorph a Queen! And please make the LCD a 27 on backbox! I've been clicking on this thread every hour thinking the 2 SE's arrived at CT.

#378 3 years ago

Looks so cooooolll. We want more please

#379 3 years ago

Well it is something I guess. Odd that they did a bunch of fast cuts, rather than just showing the game going. We are well beyond the 'teaser' phase...

#381 3 years ago

Looks like they chromed everything out? Scoop, etc. And is it just a trick of the camera, or does the back box screen seem bigger than the proto pics?

#382 3 years ago

Well done. Now everyone can speculate about the new worry for awhile. Looks great and for me an improvement over the original. Can't wait!!

#383 3 years ago

It looks awesome!

#384 3 years ago

Do the pops not light up like the original?

#385 3 years ago

Nice! It's been a long month and that video just made me smile. Such a great game, and it seems like they're focused on working to reveal & deliver a solid machine vs. just trying to reveal & get them out the door.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Looks like they chromed everything out? Scoop, etc. And is it just a trick of the camera, or does the back box screen seem bigger than the proto pics?

looks big to me.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah same size - it's just that they're not showing the whole backglass

Proto vs Gameplay - notice the 2 open eggs at the bottom left and right corners of the LCD

Alien screen - brochure (resized).JPGAlien screen - brochure (resized).JPGAlien screen - gameplay (resized).JPGAlien screen - gameplay (resized).JPG
#388 3 years ago

Great to see the post and I love the chrome it looks awesome, the sentry gun ammo inserts don't do much for me - think the white washes it out a bit (would prefer the embedded LCD). I'm with EaglePin I'm happy they're focusing on getting a solid reliable machine, and they need this to become a respected mainstream pinball manufacturer

Alien Sentry Guns (resized).JPGAlien Sentry Guns (resized).JPG
#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Great to see the post and I love the chrome it looks awesome, the sentry gun ammo inserts don't do much for me - think the white washes it out a bit (would prefer the embedded LCD). I'm with eaglepin I'm happy they're focusing on getting a solid reliable machine, and they need this to become a respected mainstream pinball manufacturer
[quoted image]

Time to mod those babies....lol. Where's our new code to change them from white to multi colors. HAHA

#390 3 years ago

Are the yellow flasher that circle at end of the ramps a original design or are they a mod? Awesome effects! I too hope they make those eggs light up!

#391 3 years ago

If you look at the backglass it looks like the white inserts do change color there was a moment where they’re all green..

#392 3 years ago

PB stated that the LV's will have a diff toy and more lighting effects? Maybe this is why those eggs don't light up and no ramp flashers in SE teaser they just posted?

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

If you look at the backglass it looks like the white inserts do change color there was a moment where they’re all green..

Yep! They do turn green!

#394 3 years ago

If you look at the flyer it states the pops change color.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

Quoted from megaladon:

Dang, I didn't notice that before. That is gonna look awesome!!!

#396 3 years ago

So I preordered when it opened. With all due respect don’t you think they could be just a little more forthcoming here on timelines ? I thought a machine was shipping to coin taker, with games already supposed to be delivered. Now looks like they are still debugging the play field. When you have no reputation to begin with and a horrible reputation of the company you acquired the assets from to live down, I just expect better. If it delivers great, all forgiven. However why is it that only Stern seems to be able to demo a machine and ship it at the same time. Boutique pinball should be about under promising and over delivering. And yet pretty much everyone in this category (and JJP is just crawling out of that cellar) seems to follow the same playbook. I am excited about the machine but just can’t play the fanboy role well.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So I preordered when it opened. With all due respect don’t you think they could be just a little more forthcoming here on timelines ? I thought a machine was shipping to coin taker, with games already supposed to be delivered. Now looks like they are still debugging the play field. When you have no reputation to begin with and a horrible reputation of the company you acquired the assets from to live down, I just expect better. If it delivers great, all forgiven. However why is it that only Stern seems to be able to demo a machine and ship it at the same time. Boutique pinball should be about under promising and over delivering. And yet pretty much everyone in this category (and JJP is just crawling out of that cellar) seems to follow the same playbook. I am excited about the machine but just can’t play the fanboy role well.

If you thought games were already shipping I think you read wrong. They were pretty clear that games were just starting to be built. Pre-orders were for Q1 2021, which isn't even half over yet. Whether they'll actually manage to ship all the Q1 pre-orders by the end of March is another story, but...

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If you thought games were already shipping I think you read wrong. They were pretty clear that games were just starting to be built. Pre-orders were for Q1 2021, which isn't even half over yet. Whether they'll actually manage to ship all the Q1 pre-orders by the end of March is another story, but...

Post #332, 2 weeks ago and I quote “On the new Super Pinball podcast they said that PB had a firmware issue which is now fixed. Also said Melissa will be getting 2 this week.”

Exactly what part of that and the speculation that followed over the next 20 posts did I misread other than the information was obviously less than reliable ? Coin Taker doesn’t appear to have them

Look I’m not mad at them. But set a timeline and then do better. Tell me I’m getting my machine in Summer and then deliver in March or April or whenever instead. As a new company setting customer expectations (and correcting bad intel) is paramount.

#399 3 years ago

There are some snarky, impatient, supposed pinheads we have here. If you got the machine on time and it had quirks, SNARK, if the software wasn't finished, SNARK, show us game play; WHINE. Either you want the game or you don't. Put on your big boy or girl pants and suck up the wait. You want an amazing machine, then wait for an amazing machine. It's not like there aren't any in the wild already... just not this version of a machine that current owners have been raving about that came with problems they had to basically address themselves. These guys are hardly a "new company." As far as a "time line," what would you do if they said 6 more months...pass on the game or do some more complaining? They have been communicating, I guess just not saying what you want to hear.

#400 3 years ago

Things to keep thinking about, $5000 cheaper than Lebowski ( because they eff'd up the first time), $78 dollars more than a LZpre. This pin is Epic compared to LZ! pay with a credit card, no worries, it's insured for 6 months ..Be patient! If you pay in full, and still do not receive the game in 5 months.. get the company to refund you and recharge your credit card. then your good for another 6 months. I did this with Lebowski, company said no... Insurance kicked in on my credit card and I didn't get effed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Stroudsburg, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/8?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.