Version 2.4 fixes a bug that can affect the orbit post operation. If possible please update to 2.4 before reporting any issues with the up posts and see if that fixes it.
The rules are basically as follows:
- If hypersleep lock or Extra Ball is lit on the side ramp, then divert from any orbit shot.
- If a mode wants to divert into the pops, then do that. Used by Derelict Ship, Queen's Nest, and Tunnel Hunt. Note that the left/right/upper loop shots do not always divert the same way - it depends on the shots lit during the mode.
- If Ambush Super Jackpot is lit, then divert from either left or right orbit.
- If Vent 3 is lit during Save Newt, then divert.
- If opposite inlane was just made for 5x pops, then divert into the pops.
- If no mode/multiball is running, the upper loop will always divert.
So in general, it will divert if the pops, upper loop, or side ramp are lit for something special.
The diverting rules are the same on both the original and remake.