hudson-aliens-05032011 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211114_095145 (resized).jpg
5601E3FE-CF93-4907-9F0F-E1B67880C840 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 83.
#4101 4 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I haven't played the highway version, glad I didn't by the sounds of it. I jumped into this game on a whim, couldn't be happier.

Why? I owned the original and even though it had the problems, the gameplay is what got me in on the new one.

#4102 4 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Why? I owned the original and even though it had the problems, the gameplay is what got me in on the new one.

I think if I played the Highway version with issues, it would have discouraged me from jumping in on this one. Just glad I pulled the trigger with PB, no regrets.

#4103 4 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I think if I played the Highway version with issues, it would have discouraged me from jumping in on this one. Just glad I pulled the trigger with PB, no regrets.

That's understandable. There are usually growing pains when a machine is first released. Especially with these boutique manufacturers that seem to use the initial buyers as beta testers.

I have a late run original and it only had a couple of very minor issues out of the box.
1. Had to bend the targets below the xeno head forward to prevent the jaw from rubbing.
2. Revive and Scream lights were out, reseating connector fixed problem.

#4104 4 days ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That's understandable. There are usually growing pains when a machine is first released. Especially with these boutique manufacturers that seem to use the initial buyers as beta testers.
I have a late run original and it only had a couple of very minor issues out of the box.
1. Had to bend the targets below the xeno head forward to prevent the jaw from rubbing.
2. Revive and Scream lights were out, reseating connector fixed problem.

#1 is still an issue - maybe less so than original or v1/v2 targets but I had to put some foam backing behind them because over time, they rub.

#4105 3 days ago

I picked up my game today, it was well worth the wait. It's a well built machine and the sound is amazing! Chris and Melissa have a top-notch operation and provide excellent customer service.

#4106 3 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I picked up my game today, it was well worth the wait. It's a well built machine and the sound is amazing! Chris and Melissa have a top-notch operation and provide excellent customer service.

Does that mean they got the shipment in today?

#4107 3 days ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Yes, there were a lot of them there.

#4108 3 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Yes, there were a lot of them there.

Did you happen to see mine there?

#4109 3 days ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Gorgeous! Care to share the .stl?

Sure here you go ....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5146378

#4110 3 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

#1 is still an issue - maybe less so than original or v1/v2 targets but I had to put some foam backing behind them because over time, they rub.

pull the 2 targets and loosen and move the metal backing left and right of the jaw. tighten, install.. problem solved.

#4111 3 days ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Oh boy! Very cool!

#4112 3 days ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Did you happen to see mine there?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6d8783b589fc86e4cbea04111f1e020bab7bb3d2-1637859524-1800"};
//]]>

I think there was one with Drain-O stamped on the box headed for Colorado.

#4113 3 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I think there was one with Drain-O stamped on the box headed for Colorado.

Sweeeeeet! The last part of the wait is always the hardest

#4114 3 days ago

Mine had a build date of August so I assume the other 40 waiting to be shipped are the same. It has the newer flippers with "PB" printed on them and the longer post installed below the upper right flipper so we shouldn't have issues there as in past builds. One word of caution though...be careful raising the Playfield in regard to stretching/scraping wires. I played a bunch of trouble free games but after I raised the Playfield I had issues with no display and left flipper power intermittently failing. I'm pretty sure they're due to connection issues that I'll troubleshoot tonight when I get home. This forum has been a great resource, thanks to all who contributed and continue to share information.

#4115 3 days ago

My turn to experience the Thingiverse 404

#4116 2 days ago

Is this game still running v 2.2? I have not checked here in awhile.

#4117 2 days ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Is this game still running v 2.2? I have not checked here in awhile.

2.4 now

#4118 2 days ago

As we slowly creep into December, what are the chances of seeing some more LV news I wonder. I'm not greedy, just a snippet of info, or even a single picture would be awesome.

Jeez - between this and Halloween, I'm finding it hard to just calm down and wait for whenever they arrive. I don't think I've actually been this hyped up for 2 pins ever and I'm definitely watching, no - STARING at the pot - which at this stage isn't even lukewarm! This is going to seem like a very long wait...

#4119 2 days ago
Quoted from Redferne:

My turn to experience the Thingiverse 404
Sure here you go ....

Mageek Can you check the link? Did you publish the thingy?

#4120 2 days ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Mageek Can you check the link? Did you publish the thingy?

The link works for me at the moment but the site is a little flaky for sure

#4121 2 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The link works for me at the moment but the site is a little flaky for sure

Got it now. You're a magician

#4122 2 days ago

Can someone tell me what the width of the back box and the width of the cabinet are? I can’t find the info and want to make sure I have the appropriate space between games

#4123 2 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

As we slowly creep into December, what are the chances of seeing some more LV news I wonder. I'm not greedy, just a snippet of info, or even a single picture would be awesome.
Jeez - between this and Halloween, I'm finding it hard to just calm down and wait for whenever they arrive. I don't think I've actually been this hyped up for 2 pins ever and I'm definitely watching, no - STARING at the pot - which at this stage isn't even lukewarm! This is going to seem like a very long wait...

LV reveal would be nice this year, but have feeling it will be next year.

#4124 2 days ago

Anyone getting tracking numbers from games in the recent container delivered to Cointaker?

#4125 2 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone getting tracking numbers from games in the recent container delivered to Cointaker?

Wouldn’t expect until Monday. At least that is what I hope. I hope I’m in current batch.

#4126 1 day ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Can someone tell me what the width of the back box and the width of the cabinet are? I can’t find the info and want to make sure I have the appropriate space between games

pinballbrothers.com
click on support at the top right.
scroll down to Unpacking instructions 01, click on it. This is a .pdf that shows dimensions.
It's a widebody with normal sized head, should fit through the same doorway as other pins.

#4127 1 day ago

Paid the deposit and joining the LV club!

#4128 1 day ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Got it now. You're a magician

still getting a 404 on this when I try to download it...

#4129 1 day ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wouldn’t expect until Monday. At least that is what I hope. I hope I’m in current batch.

I agree monday at earliest... There is a secondd container due to arrive on Dec 1 in NYC if you are in this batch, you are in that one. If i am not in this batch, i will get the vessel name from Melissa and we can track it like last one. give ya something to do until alien arrives.

#4130 1 day ago
Quoted from monkfe:

still getting a 404 on this when I try to download it...

While the "Download all files" on the top right hand side gives a 404, you can download it by clicking on Thing Files and then Download (see the yellow highlighted areas)

Download (resized).JPG

#4131 1 day ago
Quoted from Manny65:

While the "Download all files" on the top right hand side gives a 404, you can download it by clicking on Thing Files and then Download (see the yellow highlighted areas)
[quoted image]

got it now thanks...

#4132 1 day ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Anyone selling these? This mod made me realize what's there now is pretty shitty to look at. lol

#4133 22 hours ago

I don’t see these red long rectangles (circled in yellow in the picture) in the models above. Are these on the game already?

075612C5-D6D6-4F13-9B87-F2F51539A8DB (resized).jpeg
#4134 22 hours ago

you bastards are going to make me break down and buy a 3d printer. I have wanted one forever, but I know I'd just be making needless widgets...

#4135 20 hours ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you bastards are going to make me break down and buy a 3d printer. I have wanted one forever, but I know I'd just be making needless widgets...

Needless widgets, lol, you have 9 of them in your collection. 3D printers are fun AF. The model for the airlock might need a resin printer with it's fine detail. I noticed that the model has some errors too. It might print fine or need some patching.

#4136 18 hours ago

If they give a date on the LV I’d sell my standard to get the upgrade. It seems like there is a lot of unknowns though so it’s tough to sell it without knowing. If anyone hears anything please post it here

#4137 7 hours ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I don’t see these red long rectangles (circled in yellow in the picture) in the models above. Are these on the game already?[quoted image]

I didn’t include those since they are simple cubes and you can put whatever in those spaces. I intend(ed) them to be side lights more like the picture below but liked the red

3EB4FC18-CEBE-453A-A974-D5CD037ED888 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from freebeer:

Needless widgets, lol, you have 9 of them in your collection. 3D printers are fun AF. The model for the airlock might need a resin printer with it's fine detail. I noticed that the model has some errors too. It might print fine or need some patching.

They are fun AF , and while you’re waiting for your print you can play pinball.

I did print the mechanical looking parts on a resin printer. I put them in place in 3D builder software just for sizing and ended up saving it that way merged into one piece.

Quoted from Lamberger:

Anyone selling these? This mod made me realize what's there now is pretty shitty to look at. lol

PM me will see what I can do.

#4138 6 hours ago

I've sent cointaker two emails asking for ETAs on payment due with zero response. Based on that I bought another game and hope it will be a while.

#4139 5 hours ago

Does anyone also have the problem that the orbit posts do not function during the game as they should?
Thx in advance

#4140 4 hours ago

I thought they would become active during Derelict Ship and Queen's nest mode as well. They sometimes are and sometimes are not and the ball just blasts by the orbit. I just read in the 1.2 manual:

"Two posts in the upper part of the orbit loop can divert the ball into the egg pop bumpers.
They become active when the Hypersleep Lock is lit on the upper ramp.
Also, having the ball go through an inlane and then immediately shooting the opposing orbit (e.g. left inlane -> right orbit) will also divert the ball to the pops granting 5X pop bumper scoring, which is very subtly indicated by the on-screen egg being red instead of green"

Which means to me I should complete the APC drop targets to activate that prior to going into those modes or make sure I go through inlanes and then shoot the orbit during the mode. Ferret correct?

#4141 3 hours ago

Version 2.4 fixes a bug that can affect the orbit post operation. If possible please update to 2.4 before reporting any issues with the up posts and see if that fixes it.

The rules are basically as follows:

- If hypersleep lock or Extra Ball is lit on the side ramp, then divert from any orbit shot.
- If a mode wants to divert into the pops, then do that. Used by Derelict Ship, Queen's Nest, and Tunnel Hunt. Note that the left/right/upper loop shots do not always divert the same way - it depends on the shots lit during the mode.
- If Ambush Super Jackpot is lit, then divert from either left or right orbit.
- If Vent 3 is lit during Save Newt, then divert.
- If opposite inlane was just made for 5x pops, then divert into the pops.
- If no mode/multiball is running, the upper loop will always divert.

So in general, it will divert if the pops, upper loop, or side ramp are lit for something special.

The diverting rules are the same on both the original and remake.

There are 4,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 83.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside