Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 377.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks for posting what the individual weapons do. Besides the shotgun it looks like the flamethrower would save a draining ball as well and also the smartgun would give you an extra ball (good if extra ball was lit and you were draining on your last ball). Pretty cool
Are you able to activate multiple weapons as the ball drains by alternating flipper and launch button presses?

You can activate multiple at the same time yes. (one after another)

#4052 2 years ago

Can you lock it in or does it continually change with flipper presses?

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Can you lock it in or does it continually change with flipper presses?

No lock in. Moves with every flipper hit.

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you able to activate multiple weapons as the ball drains by alternating flipper and launch button presses?

A weapon will always be selected if possible, so when you fire one (assuming you don't have multiples of it!) the selection will move to another weapon that you do have... meaning that you can just press the Launch button repeatedly to fire everything you've got, if that's your choice.

#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

A weapon will always be selected if possible, so when you fire one (assuming you don't have multiples of it!) the selection will move to another weapon that you do have... meaning that you can just press the Launch button repeatedly to fire everything you've got, if that's your choice.

Dude I hope one of these makes it’s way to you for all you’ve done on this game!

#4056 2 years ago

Thanks, Tommy! I have an original version in my basement. Love the game.

#4057 2 years ago

You rule Ferret! Wanted one since the OG and I'm waiting patiently for an LV. It'll be on location down here once it's had plenty of home testing done

#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Love the game

finally put my hands on an ALIEN yesterday, and than to just say hello to you while i was just smilling by reading your name in that scrolling list
have a nice day Joe !

#4059 2 years ago

Still need to get some more games in on 2.4 to feel it out but seems like a nice update so far, great work by Cato and team.
I did end up decreasing the left eject 20% to get a smoother feed. I'm also still getting some inconsistent drop target resets even after putting a ziptie on the coil so I upped the power 20% on that to see if it helps.
The Xeno grab does seem to be improved but still only grabs about half the time or so on my machine

#4060 2 years ago

Hello @ferret. Is there any plans to include more sound effects/sound bites from the movies?

#4061 2 years ago

Sorry, I’m not involved with the Pinball Brothers production of Alien, I can’t speak to their plans.

#4062 2 years ago

Naive question maybe but is there a pinsound type solution for the callouts? Or is the computer part unhackable…?

#4063 2 years ago

This question surrounds call-outs and game play completion.

Is the code on this completed other than versions that repair game play issues?
In other words is the game complete as far as all modes, play, sounds, videos and issues or is it still an evolution process?

If it is still evolving then do we know when it will ever be complete and we will have a game that is 100% playable from beginning to end?
Is the game basically still shallow and you are constantly repeating the same thing OR is it still evolving and growing?
People keep talking about adding sounds, call-outs, and videos. That interests me a lot.

I recently met one of the programmers who was with Heighway and is now working with PB on this. He's a great guy and I hopefully will be able to talk with him as I receive my machine and get inputs from him.

At the time I did not think to answer this question even though I think I know the answer.

#4064 2 years ago

I doubt they changed any licenses (additional content).

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Is the game basically still shallow and you are constantly repeating the same thing

I guess I'm biased, but I don't think Alien gameplay was ever shallow. Lots of modes that are all quite distinctive, lots of multiballs that are all quite distinctive, lots of side features (things like weapons, Host Bonus, Rescue), and so on. And I suspect most players won't reach All Out War too often.

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I guess I'm biased, but I don't think Alien gameplay was ever shallow. Lots of modes that are all quite distinctive, lots of multiballs that are all quite distinctive, lots of side features (things like weapons, Host Bonus, Rescue), and so on. And I suspect most players won't reach All Out War too often.

I was asking if it's shallow. I didn't get mine yet and never played it so I don't know.

How many modes and video clips for those modes you think there are in total?

Thanks!

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I was asking if it's shallow. I didn't get mine yet and never played it so I don't know.
Thanks!

its definitely not shallow. You have two movies, 5 modes each and 5 multiballs. That’s 15 things right there.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4068 2 years ago

It's not JJPOTC, but it's not a pre 2000 pin either.

#4069 2 years ago

It's got a lot of content, sure, but besides stacking a mode and a multiball and some 2x scoring, there's not much strategy or anything crazy going on.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's got a lot of content, sure, but besides stacking a mode and a multiball and some 2x scoring, there's not much strategy or anything crazy going on.

I disagree in one area, and that is the 'positive/negative' choice shots which most games do not have. Most games just have you wood chop in every mode.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I disagree in one area, and that is the 'positive/negative' choice shots which most games do not have. Most games just have you wood chop in every mode.

Yup, as far as the modes go, many have some extra complexity to them beyond the basic "shoot 5 lit shots", or fun things like the cat mode where the light 'hides' and runs around. But there's not much interaction between anything like most of the newer, super deep games have

#4072 2 years ago

There's actually more interaction than you might think, though it's not necessarily well explained on screen. For example, the more eggs you destroy (via pop bumper hits), the more valuable the egg-related modes are (Derelict Ship and Queen's Nest). The value of Ambush Multiball is increased by the number of Lifecycles you've completed before starting Ambush. The value of Sentry Guns Multiball is increased by the number of weapons you've collected before starting SG. The value of each movie's mini-wiz is based on how you did in that movie's modes. I think there are a few other relationship links like that scattered around.

Many of the modes also have hidden niceties (and/or penalties!). For example, Find Jonesy scoring is based on how many shots it takes you to find the cat... the fewer the better. Or during APC mode, besides the lit shots, completing the APC drop targets spots the current shot and also increases the value of shots for the remainder of the mode. And the Recharge target is always helpful during modes and multiballs.

And there are miscellaneous fun tidbits, like the 5,000,000 "Super Skill Bonus" for making 3 distinct skill shots in a game.

We tried to design the game to have enough depth to be interesting, without needing an encyclopedia.

Quoted from RussG:

There are 10 primary modes (2 of which are mini-wizard semi-multiballs) and 5 other multiball modes including the final wizard mode, All Out War. I no longer have access to the raw assets, so don't quote me, but my memory is that there is +/- 25 minutes of video content, across several hundred clips.

#4073 2 years ago

Ferret -- this is great info! I really appreciate the interaction. Thank you!

#4074 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything about the LV? Now I’m hearing maybe by end of year although based on what I’ve seen or haven’t, I’m not expecting until early next year

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone hear anything about the LV? Now I’m hearing maybe by end of year although based on what I’ve seen or haven’t, I’m not expecting until early next year

I think they start manufacture in December, and guessing mine will be in USA February. They will upload some better pics and vids when the first batch is done. So sayeth my crystal ball.

#4076 2 years ago

its been a few days since the boat was unloaded. Anyone hear from Cointaker on when they expect to receive the units at their shop?

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

its been a few days since the boat was unloaded. Anyone hear from Cointaker on when they expect to receive the units at their shop?

I believe they expect the container to arrive at Cointaker tomorrow!

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I feel like there is a tongue twister in there somewhere.

#4079 2 years ago

Any updates or video on what the LV extras do or will look like? Are they going to start making it without actually releasing picture details and/or video? Seems strange this much time has elapsed and still crickets.

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Any updates or video on what the LV extras do or will look like? Are they going to start making it without actually releasing picture details and/or video? Seems strange this much time has elapsed and still crickets.

I totally agree. Very strange (and pretty concerning) that there literally hasn't been one peep about the LV since 9/24. Nothing.

#4081 2 years ago

apparently you guys weren't watching when we were waiting on the SV. This is normal.

#4082 2 years ago

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version

IMG_6835 (resized).jpgIMG_6835 (resized).jpg
#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Nice!!! Damn was so close to getting here for T day. Oh well, I’ll take whatever I can get…but feeling real all the sudden

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Yup, I like that one a lot , great job

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I'll go with the PV, Personal Version[quoted image]

Gorgeous! Care to share the .stl?

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This one?[quoted image]

So it looks like this is the best position for this flipper.
If anyone is on the fence about buying, just wanted to point out area's PB have gone above and beyond other manufacture's. First, best playfield quality in the business, polished ramps, scoop hole protector, physical ball lock, lite posts and so glad they added the extra magnet... I'm probably forgetting other things. Bold statement here but I think this is truly the best game I ever played. number 1. Just amazing, so glad I got this game. Cheers!

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Bold statement here but I think this is truly the best game I ever played. number 1. Just amazing, so glad I got this game. Cheers!

I said that about Elvira’s HOH and didn’t expect Alien to be close but it beat expectations by a large margin and now it’s a toss up between the 2 of them. You guys that are waiting for yours , especially if you’ve never played it, are going to be real happy you pulled the trigger.

BTW, V2.4 of the code is rock solid for me. +30% on the centre magnet and +30% trough works best on mine.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I said that about Elvira’s HOH and didn’t expect Alien to be close but it beat expectations by a large margin and now it’s a toss up between the 2 of them. You guys that are waiting for yours , especially if you’ve never played it, are going to be real happy you pulled the trigger.

OMG so freeking stoked for this.. waiting for the scheduling email/call as i type!!

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

OMG so freeking stoked for this.. waiting for the scheduling email/call as i type!!

Me too Baggerman! It seems you and I have been discussing this for a while on here waiting!

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

BTW, V2.4 of the code is rock solid for me. +30% on the centre magnet and +30% trough works best on mine.

Thanks for this!

For us mere mortals who still are awaiting the arrival of our game can there be a general posting of settings we should apply out of the gate on our games that works best? I guess updated code doesn't always auto change the magnet strengths, etc., on the game?

#4092 2 years ago

Once the shipping notices start coming in here, to avoid some people getting discouraged, someone said there was a second cargo vessel coming in behind this one about 2 weeks later. Is that still correct?

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Once the shipping notices start coming in here, to avoid some people getting discouraged, someone said there was a second cargo vessel coming in behind this one about 2 weeks later. Is that still correct?

I was told that in an e-mail from Melissa from Cointaker but am not 100% certain that is correct information.

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I was told that in an e-mail from Melissa from Cointaker

she said the same to me when i coughed up the LV deposit. so i'm thinking most if not all of you lucky bastards waiting for yours will get em.

on a related note, if any of you have one on a boat and are in the north san diego county, dont tell me b/c i'll crash your house unannounced to put some time on it.

#4095 2 years ago

I've been waiting since March. Dear lord am I ready.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I've been waiting since March. Dear lord am I ready.

Me since February.

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Thanks for this!
For us mere mortals who still are awaiting the arrival of our game can there be a general posting of settings we should apply out of the gate on our games that works best? I guess updated code doesn't always auto change the magnet strengths, etc., on the game?

I know there were some changes implemented at the factory that were brought to their attention so it's hard to say what will work best on any given machine. I think they have dialed in the coil strengths pretty well in V2.4. Just the trough seems a bit weak and I always turn up the xeno to get more action on the ball and better chance of it grabbing it.

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

So it looks like this is the best position for this flipper.
If anyone is on the fence about buying, just wanted to point out area's PB have gone above and beyond other manufacture's. First, best playfield quality in the business, polished ramps, scoop hole protector, physical ball lock, lite posts and so glad they added the extra magnet... I'm probably forgetting other things. Bold statement here but I think this is truly the best game I ever played. number 1. Just amazing, so glad I got this game. Cheers!

Quoted from Mageek:

Nice to hear that ! Have either of you played the Heighway version & if so, what is your opinions on the comparisons of each?! Thanks

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Nice to hear that ! Have either of you played the Heighway version & if so, what is your opinions on the comparisons of each?! Thanks

Only played the Heighway for a short time in Allentown 5 years ago and it wasn't working properly. There are folks on here that have / had both that would be in a better position to comment

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I haven't played the highway version, glad I didn't by the sounds of it. I jumped into this game on a whim, couldn't be happier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.