20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 376.
#3951 2 years ago

Thank you kciaccio for gracing us with this in Houston Tx this weekend
What a blast!
5601E3FE-CF93-4907-9F0F-E1B67880C840 (resized).jpeg5601E3FE-CF93-4907-9F0F-E1B67880C840 (resized).jpeg
... and yes, Houston has a plethora of storm troopers.

#3952 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What a blast!
[quoted image]

yeah machine rocked it, played all day and no issues. I think it went over 800 plays...

kciaccio can you confirm that...

I did clean the glass 10 times...lol

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

yeah machine rocked it, played all day and no issues. I think it went over 800 plays...

So it sounds like these are getting more solid?

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Thanks for cleaning the glass!

Game was on non stop from Thursday 1pm until sometime after 1am last night.

Expo ended today at 2pm. When I went down in the morning the machine was turned off. Been on 24 hours a day since Thursday and people were playing until 4am Thursday night and Friday night.

When I powered it up I found a ball stuck up by the right upper flipper. First time during the whole show.

I did a switch test to see if any switches needed adjustment and I Found 3 stand up targets by the ramps not activating and they are all on the same node board. Played with the cable but no luck.

Decided to pull the balls and leave on for looks today.
Show was only 10am-2pm anyway.

Ran like a champ up until this morning.
20211114_095145 (resized).jpg20211114_095145 (resized).jpg

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Expo ended today at 2pm. When I went down in the morning the machine was turned off. Been on 24 hours a day since Thursday and people were playing until 4am Thursday night and Friday night.
When I powered it up I found a ball stuck up by the right upper flipper. First time during the whole show.
I did a switch test to see if any switches needed adjustment and I Found 3 stand up targets by the ramps not activating and they are all on the same node board. Played with the cable but no luck.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Mine has been running like a champ since I got it. Only targets that broke. I couldn’t update my firmware but i still haven’t installed the controller they sent me because mine plays great.

People keep hearing the noise on here from a few and they think all aliens have issues. I’m glad I took the plunge and bought it. This pin is awesome and PB keeps making it better.

#3956 2 years ago

I got a metal post in my care package. Is it just a back up or does it go somewhere?

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got a metal post in my care package. Is it just a back up or does it go somewhere?

Probably the metal post that goes in front of the right upper flipper.
The depth of the original wasn't deep enough and caused the post to move around when hit by direct shots and possibly chip or pool that area of the playfield.
The post you got was probably that replacement.

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Probably the metal post that goes in front of the right upper flipper.
The depth of the original wasn't deep enough and caused the post to move around when hit by direct shots and possibly chip or pool that area of the playfield.
The post you got was probably that replacement.

This one?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This one?[quoted image]

Yep that's the one

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep that's the one

Ok, I’ll replace it. Seems to be ok right now but better safe than sorry

#3961 2 years ago

Mines been rock solid as well.. so glad I jumped in at the $7k mark. what a awesome game! Top ten coming up!

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Mines been rock solid as well.. so glad I jumped in at the $7k mark. what a awesome game! Top ten coming up!

Are people starting to rank this game yet?

#3963 2 years ago

I have been thoroughly enjoying this boat watching thread, but it's really great to see some real world reliability stats coming out from a show. I'm interested in an LE but I am still going to hold off for a bit longer to see how things pan out with the existing games (plus I would like to see an actual LE and not just a render).

I was in on an LE from heighway, with the blue powdercoat, and it was ready to ship to me at the time but I ended up backing out due to concerns about parts and reliability (if anyone ended up with one of those I would love to see pics btw! maybe you even got mine if you got it from Nitro). High hopes for this game and I really hope it keeps impressing like it so far seems to have been.

#3966 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:I have been thoroughly enjoying this boat watching thread, but it's really great to see some real world reliability stats coming out from a show. I'm interested in an LE but I am still going to hold off for a bit longer to see how things pan out with the existing games (plus I would like to see an actual LE and not just a render).

I was in on an LE from heighway, with the blue powdercoat, and it was ready to ship to me at the time but I ended up backing out due to concerns about parts and reliability (if anyone ended up with one of those I would love to see pics btw! maybe you even got mine if you got it from Nitro). High hopes for this game and I really hope it keeps impressing like it so far seems to have been.

You just gave a perfect description of me as well.

#3967 2 years ago

Big fix! Strong work Cato and team!

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Thanks again for bringing it. It's the first game I've bought without playing first and now I have no regrets.

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This one?[quoted image]

Does that really say "fly the unfreindly skies" on the playfield?
Never noticed that.

#3970 2 years ago

Speaking of boat watching, that Vienna Express is still anchored, and not yet moored. Who was offering to go out there and pick them up off the boat? I'll take you up on it!

#3971 2 years ago

Hello , I am not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but I have noticed when I am in a multi ball that after a couple balls drain the flippers will go dead and the remaining ball will drain. Is that part of the rules or is there a problem in the ball trough.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Does that really say "fly the unfreindly skies" on the playfield?
Never noticed that.

Yes it does but I like the quote beside it even better --- Bug Stomper "We Endanger Species"

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello , I am not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but I have noticed when I am in a multi ball that after a couple balls drain the flippers will go dead and the remaining ball will drain. Is that part of the rules or is there a problem in the ball trough.

Flipper should not be dying unless all the balls are drained

#3974 2 years ago

I haven't seen it for some time, but is there a part of Ambush that if you don't do something in a certain amount of time the flippers die? Mine had done this in the past, but it may have been a bug in an old version of code because I haven't seen it lately.

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen it for some time, but is there a part of Ambush that if you don't do something in a certain amount of time the flippers die? Mine had done this in the past, but it may have been a bug in an old version of code because I haven't seen it lately.

is this like getting booed off the stage during a song in JJ GNR? i hated that and was one of the reasons i didnt get that machine.

#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen it for some time, but is there a part of Ambush that if you don't do something in a certain amount of time the flippers die?

No, there is no such rule, and never has been.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

is this like getting booed off the stage during a song in JJ GNR? i hated that and was one of the reasons i didnt get that machine.

I don't know as I haven't played GNR, but I thought it was due to them 'cutting the power'.

#3978 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Don't hate. Just get better at pinball!

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Don't hate. Just get better at pinball!

I hear that!!

#3980 2 years ago

"Thanksgiving? I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade but we'll be lucky to see these machines by Christmas!!"
hudson-aliens-05032011 (resized).jpghudson-aliens-05032011 (resized).jpg

#3981 2 years ago

I just want it by the end of the month or first week in December. Looks like I don't have to worry about it being delivered while I'm gone for Thanksgiving though.

#3982 2 years ago

Who cares whether the game works or not or the bugs are fixed or not. The ship is moored!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3983 2 years ago

2.4 seems to have fixed the issues I had with the Xeno. Played a bunch of games yesterday with no issues that I noticed.

#3984 2 years ago

Unfortunately, there are major issues with ALL containers being delayed. 60 minutes talked about it on Sunday. They are backlogged by thousands of containers. Nobody is getting their products. Everything is delayed. I think my machine is on that boat and it’s depressing.

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

2.4 seems to have fixed the issues I had with the Xeno. Played a bunch of games yesterday with no issues that I noticed.

Same here... I haven't noticed any issues yet with 2.4. Still looking for some... I haven't had the ball get stuck in the AIRLOCK, LEFT EJECT (MUTHUR), HYPERSLEEP, or TROUGH (where a flipper button press is necessary to release)... haven't seen that issue once, which is awesome news! The only other issue I had was that in rare cases, the ball would get stuck on the right magnet and not release... haven't seen that issue since 2.4 either. Things are looking pretty darn good!!!!!

#3986 2 years ago

Is there anyway to avoid doing factory reset when upgrading? I have a lot of fine-tunings I'd like to keep. I wish there was a save/restore settings menu

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Is there anyway to avoid doing factory reset when upgrading? I have a lot of fine-tunings I'd like to keep. I wish there was a save/restore settings menu

You don't HAVE to do a factory reset, however, if you are talking about fine tuning coil power, that is why they want you to reset it. Those numbers change with the new version and will no longer be optimal in many cases. I had this discussion with Cato on 2.3.

I didn't do a reset on 2.3 and had to change settings because of the new coil settings. In 2.4 I did a factory reset and so far have not needed to change any coil settings. Remains to be seen if any tweeking needs done.

The most painful for me was losing the high scores.

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Unfortunately, there are major issues with ALL containers being delayed. 60 minutes talked about it on Sunday. They are backlogged by thousands of containers. Nobody is getting their products. Everything is delayed. I think my machine is on that boat and it’s depressing.

Someone had previously posted a delay until 11/17 for that boat, but it's 11/16 and it's moored and presumed offloading. Don't know what that means for customs holds and inspections, but I would assume we could see a delay on that too... but it's quicker to dock than expected, so that's a plus.

#3989 2 years ago

So I finally had a.chance to look at my pin.

On the last day of the show that was from 10am-2pm.

This was the first morning I found the machine turned off. I left it at midnight with people playing still.

There was a ball stuck on right plastic by the upper flipper..Common I have seen on the forum, but only happened once at Expo.

I ran the edge switch test and checked switches. The 3 right stand up targets at chest buster and 2 on either side of ramp would not show active when pushed.

They are tied to the same node board so I thought that was the problem. Between that and the hyper lock binding I pulled the balls and set to attract mode for the last 4 hours of Expo.

Checking today, I found those three switches work during game play and single switch test but not on edge switch test...weird, so there ended up be no issues there.

The only thing I have to do to this machine after all these plays is see what is making hyper sleep ball lock bind.

Cato has been awesome. He said he is sending me a rebuild care package of rubbers,coils, and plastics I wanted..

He also asked if I needed any other parts he could send.

Great customer service.

I have not tried the new update yet.

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was the best part, losing my buddies high scores

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What a blast!
[quoted image]

You are welcome! It was awesome meeting all you guys that have an Alien or have LV on order.

Glad you had a chance to flip before yours get delivered so you have an idea on what an awesome machine you are getting.

Now we are kind of part of a Texas/Louisiana Aliens brotherhood.

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Someone had previously posted a delay until 11/17 for that boat, but it's 11/16 and it's moored and presumed offloading. Don't know what that means for customs holds and inspections, but I would assume we could see a delay on that too... but it's quicker to dock than expected, so that's a plus.

11/17 was on the Maersk website for ship arrival.. stupid me did not account that was based on GERMAN TIME, so 11/16 USA time was accurate. I understand that containers can take 24-36 hours to clear customs. Freight company scheduling to Cointaker is unknown, cointaker turn around is unknown. So yeah its a crapshoot on when these are going out.

#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

11/17 was on the Maersk website for ship arrival.. stupid me did not account that was based on GERMAN TIME, so 11/16 USA time was accurate. I understand that containers can take 24-36 hours to clear customs. Freight company scheduling to Cointaker is unknown, cointaker turn around is unknown. So yeah its a crapshoot on when these are going out.

Correction. Hapag Lloyd not Maersk.

#3994 2 years ago

This would be a cool mod for our Alien...Especially since we just have just a piece of plastic that we have now. No wire or lights on it..

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This would be a cool mod for our Alien...

yes it would be awesome, but seeing how much trouble the Apron/BEacon modders are having lately this may never come to be.. crazy cool for sure.

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

yes it would be awesome, but seeing how much trouble the Apron/BEacon modders are having lately this may never come to be.. crazy cool for sure.

I emailed him to see what he could do.

The SV Alien only has a piece of art plastic with no lights or anything.....Having an interactive scene back there of the eggs nest would be awesome.

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This would be a cool mod for our Alien...Especially since we just have just a piece of plastic that we have now. No wire or lights on it..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You don't HAVE to do a factory reset, however, if you are talking about fine tuning coil power, that is why they want you to reset it. Those numbers change with the new version and will no longer be optimal in many cases. I had this discussion with Cato on 2.3.
I didn't do a reset on 2.3 and had to change settings because of the new coil settings. In 2.4 I did a factory reset and so far have not needed to change any coil settings. Remains to be seen if any tweeking needs done.

Went against the flow and skipped the factory reset and upgraded to 2.4 the old fashion way. Three plays later and I had broken the GM and set a new personal best An hour in and haven't seen any issues what-so-ever. I think we have a winner

#4000 2 years ago

Alright. I am in contact and working with the creator PinVision. Sending him pictures and see what we can do with that back wall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/80?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.