20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 376.
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Thingiverse files?

Yeah. I was hoping to prime the printer before hitting the sack. Mageek give us the goods

#3902 2 years ago

I just posted an update in the Apon mod thread, if you've not seen it yet go take a look at what you're missing. We're starting to take deposits now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6#post-6600209

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just posted an update in the Apon mod thread, if you've not seen it yet go take a look at what you're missing. We're starting to take deposits now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6#post-6600209

I am in.. payment sent!!

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Yeah. I was hoping to prime the printer before hitting the sack. Mageek give us the goods
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8e8c2e434315bdb2236c1f16650b2ec5ed7c0e3f-1636666778-1800"};
//]]>

Here ya go
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1814720 Chestburster
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2245317 Derelict Ship
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:383200 Jockey

#3905 2 years ago

Ok,
I need some input from buyers and future buyers:

$8595 for Standard Version (SV)
-I am going in on the custom apron (& now beacons). Which is going for $1000
So total will be $9595

Or

Do I just buy LV which is supposed to have custom Apron and beacons already integrated? So the difference is $1000 now. What do you get for $1000 more?
$10695 for Limited Version (LV)

Any feedback is appreciated. For those already in on SV - think about this if you were to purchase a new game today.

Edit - I guess a number of features for the additional $1k. Download details.

6678B9F9-C6D1-4E1B-88B1-46462F6A1C0E (resized).jpeg6678B9F9-C6D1-4E1B-88B1-46462F6A1C0E (resized).jpeg
#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok,
So total will be $9595
Or
Do I just buy LV which is supposed to have custom Apron and beacons already integrated? So the difference is $1000 now. What do you get for $1000 more?
Any feedback is appreciated. For those already in on SV - think about this if you were to purchase a new game today.
Edit - I guess a number of features for the additional $1k. Download details.[quoted image]

I went with LV - but at the moment I accept it's a bit of a gamble since the details given so far have been vague, and all we've seen is a (not so great) mock up of how it will look. Definitely appears to be all cosmetics rather than any additional playfield toys, mechs or screens, so for me it comes down to the artwork (which I think looks great) and the little things like the custom armour/blades/apron/beacons etc. I'm a massive Alien fan so it's justifiable for me.

If you aren't too fussed about that stuff, I think the custom apron for the SV looks fantastic (it may turn out to be much better than the LV one who knows), and if it can also implement the beacons well - that will make it a superb alternative for the LV edition.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok,
So total will be $9595
Or
Edit - I guess a number of features for the additional $1k. Download details.[quoted image]

You forgot shipping in those numbers

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I'm not saying I'm biased towards ours but from what we can see on the mock ups, the PB apron will have the strobe lights at the front of the apron, it doesn't have the Alien logo, weapons or bullets, the beacons they are using are short squishy ones lol and the ones we are using are more like the true beacons on the loader. There's no denying the artwork on the LV is really beautiful. But if you're going all in why not have both the LV and the aftermarket custom apron? lol You can't go wrong with either choice the machine is fabulous. If you like the PB beacons we are offering the option of just the apron, like I say either way you're getting a great machine. I'm with you though I wish they would release real pictures of an actual machine so we can all stop guessing what it may look like.

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm not saying I'm biased towards ours but from what we can see on the mock ups, the PB apron will have the strobe lights at the front of the apron, it doesn't have the Alien logo, weapons or bullets, the beacons they are using are short squishy ones lol and the ones we are using are more like the true beacons on the loader. There's no denying the artwork on the LV is really beautiful. But if you're going all in why not have both the LV and the aftermarket custom apron? lol You can't go wrong with either choice the machine is fabulous. If you like the PB beacons we are offering the option of just the apron, like I say either way you're getting a great machine. I'm with you though I wish they would release real pictures of an actual machine so we can all stop guessing what it may look like.

Sure what's another grand if you don't like it put it on a shelf to collect dust. Not saying your product isn't bad ass, just that that is a chunk of change to throw out there.

#3910 2 years ago

Any updates on the boat?

#3911 2 years ago

You also need to consider timing of receiving the game. I know the LV list has grown so you might be able to get the SE earlier? Not sure what that list looks like though. Just another thing to consider. Both aprons will look great. That art on the LV - so damn nice.

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Wait a sec - the apron will also go on the LV??? Oh now there's something to chew on....

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Any updates on the boat?

Hapag Lloyd shipping states NYC on the 15th now.

#3914 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok,
So total will be $9595
Or

Well, there is also the custom cut Xeno side armor...hard to see in the photo but under/aft of the flipper button you can see the Xeno head with dripping saliva...or is it my imagination?
rs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpgrs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpg

#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, there is also the custom cut Xeno side armor...hard to see in the photo but under/aft of the flipper button you can see the Xeno head with dripping saliva...or is it my imagination?
[quoted image]

plus powder coating.. and probably lit skinny gen 3 targets which are not mentioned here.

#3916 2 years ago

Any updates on the boat?

11/17 to NYC as of this am. Got this from Hapag Lloyd vessel tracking.

#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Do they go from boat to Cointaker first or from boat to delivery?

#3918 2 years ago

back 47 days ago I posted .... "In photoshop real quick a tried making the armor darker / black makes a huge difference and makes the art POP / look that much better. The armor should be black especially because it has a "custom cut xeno" head where the flipper buttons are. I also brightened the "backbox" art area & Inner Side Blades to make them look "Lit". I also swapped out the beacon render for the original beacon lights."
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzAvYzUvY2EvMGM1Y2E4ZTdjYTNhNzM4NDIyZjNkMmUyYWFhMjViYTcyMjVhMTZiMS5wbmc (resized).pngaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzAvYzUvY2EvMGM1Y2E4ZTdjYTNhNzM4NDIyZjNkMmUyYWFhMjViYTcyMjVhMTZiMS5wbmc (resized).png

I'm already in on an LV, very excited, would be nice to get non rendered photos of the LV at this point. Unless they are considering still making some minor changes. It looks as though PB Alien's SV's etc are getting more and more reliable with each update. Hopefully PB sorts out as many known issues before they start to ship the start of the LV's. I know most people are boat watching on this thread, I'd rather wait longer to have potentially a more reliable game. I feel that they will still also come out with an Alien [XV]. Who knows all of these manufactures seem to change their minds once they have money in hand from pee-orders / announcements are made.

#3919 2 years ago

Too bad they don't have an engineering sample to show what the actual package is. Cancelled my LV spot and stuck with my SV until I can see a real game.

#3920 2 years ago

In for the LV. I'm just excited at the possibility of finally getting the Alien pinball (in any capacity/version) that I pre-ordered back on 10/19/2014. Hard to believe this mess has been going on for 7+ years. Crossing my fingers that it's going to be amazing and worth the wait. I guess it can still be the "35th anniversary edition", it's just 35 years since Aliens instead of Alien.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Too bad they don't have an engineering sample to show what the actual package is. Cancelled my LV spot and stuck with my SV until I can see a real game.

I agree they should have showed ACTUAL cabinet as opposed to a render. But you pretty much should be able to grasp the game as their photoshop place holder. And speaking of art, you can tell just from that render that pinsider Aurich did an incredible job. It would be really neat if they decided to add the glowing "ALIEN" letters on the side with it being back lit opaque plexiglass / acrylic glass etc (similar to the Heighway version). I could also see them still producing an Alien [XV] with that and possibly larger screen, would it piss me off as an LV buyer, if announced down the road... probably. But most of the pinball manufactures have proven they basically do what they want. Just as others stated happy to have this game become available again. What an amazing effort & accomplishment for Pinball Brothers!

#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree they should have showed ACTUAL cabinet as opposed to a render. But you pretty much should be able to grasp the game as their photoshop place holder. It would be really neat if they decided to add the glowing "ALIEN" letters on the side with it being back lit opaque plexiglass / acrylic glass etc. I could also see them still producing an Alien [XV] with that and possibly larger screen, would it piss me off as an LV buyer, if announced down the road... probably. But most of the pinball manufactures have proven they basically do what they want.

I just need to see the real thing to see if it's worth moving up from an SV.

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Do they go from boat to Cointaker first or from boat to delivery?

i believe to CoinTaker, then scheduling for delivery by Fedex occurs.

#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I apologize if this was asked before does CoinTaker charge tax if I'm an out of state buyer / shipping cost OR do they allow pickup ?

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

This helps maximize the chances of package damage en-route, as a bunch of hot young punk newbie delivery employees learn the ropes. This supply chain crisis sucks I have a Godzilla table on the way too, and I heard today that shipments to distributors are being cut in half and delayed. The waiting never ends.

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree they should have showed ACTUAL cabinet as opposed to a render. But you pretty much should be able to grasp the game as their photoshop place holder. And speaking of art, you can tell just from that render that pinsider Aurich did an incredible job. It would be really neat if they decided to add the glowing "ALIEN" letters on the side with it being back lit opaque plexiglass / acrylic glass etc (similar to the Heighway version). I could also see them still producing an Alien [XV] with that and possibly larger screen, would it piss me off as an LV buyer, if announced down the road... probably. But most of the pinball manufactures have proven they basically do what they want. Just as others stated happy to have this game become available again. What an amazing effort & accomplishment for Pinball Brothers!

I contacted PB awhile ago and have an email stating they would not be making a XV version. Of course, they can change their minds like Stern does…lol.

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I contacted PB awhile ago and have an email stating they would not be making a XV version. Of course, they can change their minds like Stern does…lol.

I woudlnt doubt that the do make an XV... cash is king as evident by the Elvira 40th 25K version right? Fast forward a year from now.. supply chain is sorted, all the bugs are sorted out on SV/LV and rock solid.. why not go XV and throw in all the bells and whistles? Go 20K for it and only 777 units or some stuff like that. they would sell it out i am sure.

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I woudlnt doubt that the do make an XV... cash is king as evident by the Elvira 40th 25K version right? Fast forward a year from now.. supply chain is sorted, all the bugs are sorted out on SV/LV and rock solid.. why not go XV and throw in all the bells and whistles? Go 20K for it and only 777 units or some stuff like that. they would sell it out i am sure.

They might, but I have a feeling they would be putting focus towards their next title at that point. I saw Queen, but is that going to be the release to the public same art toys etc ? A year in the Pinball world is a long long long time. You'll have Rush & 3-4 other Stern titles to pick from, CGC will likely be finishing up CCR likely will announce TOMr or TOTANr or their own original title next. Spooky will be done with Halloween / Ultraman with likely a new release / (Scooby Doo/ Evil Dead ?) dual release. JJP will of announced Toy Story. American Pinball / Riot Pinball possibly doing Alice In Wonderland.

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

A year in the Pinball world is a long long long time. You'll have Rush & 3-4 other Stern titles to pick from, CGC will likely be finishing up CCR likely will announce TOMr or TOTANr or their own original title next. Spooky will be done with Halloween / Ultraman with likely a new release / (Scooby Doo/ Evil Dead ?) dual release. JJP will of announced Toy Story. American Pinball / Riot Pinball possibly doing Alice In Wonderland.

and where you get these facts? or just guessing?

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

You guys need to stop checking - it keeps getting worse. Let the pot boil and we will start getting emails from CT

#3931 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You guys need to stop checking - it keeps getting worse. Let the pot boil and we will start getting emails from CT

You have to keep an eye on these guys. Otherwise, who knows. Maybe the shipmates discover a crate of Alien pinballs, and they just circle around out there in the ocean and play them until they run out of food and turn on each other. This shit takes oversight.

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

You have to keep an eye on these guys. Otherwise, who knows. Maybe the shipmates discover a crate of Alien pinballs, and they just circle around out there in the ocean and play them until they run out of food and turn on each other. This shit takes oversight.

I thought that is what happened in customs...

Northwest-Pinball-And-Arcade-Show (resized).jpgNorthwest-Pinball-And-Arcade-Show (resized).jpg
#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I thought that is what happened in customs...
[quoted image]

That's the ballroom from the beginning scene in Ghostship. Dun dun duuuunnn.

#3934 2 years ago

Ffffffff

Another 3 days delay?! Whhhyyyyyy

Ugh, sucks so much lol

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Another 3 days delay?! Whhhyyyyyy

because shipping sucks and there is boat after boat waiting to be offloaded and many union ports will not stay open to clear the backlog!

#3936 2 years ago

Just like waiting for art blades from tilt graphics - they printed a shipping label on 11/1 and still hasn't hit the post office.

#3937 2 years ago

Hopefully you won’t have to wait on pallets while they sit in Cointakers warehouse like some of us did

#3938 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just like waiting for art blades from tilt graphics - they printed a shipping label on 11/1 and still hasn't hit the post office.

Which art blades? Thanks.

#3939 2 years ago

Has anybody made the beacons mod for the SV yet?

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anybody made the beacons mod for the SV yet?

They did do a dope job, maybe they can separate and put the pcb for the bacons alone, or you just need a package…

#3941 2 years ago

I'm posting this since I'm currently out of ideas. I have this wonky airlock eject behaviour which cannot quite grasp. I've sanded down the plunger so it's nice and smooth. The airlock mechanism is fitted nice and tight, also made sure the coil sits snugly and does not wiggle around. I have played for a week without any issues but now suddenly the airlock likes to randomly eject directly onto the left sling and then all bets are off. I'm expecting to be able to catch the ball on the left flipper everytime, but maybe I'm wrong
See the video for reference.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

#3942 2 years ago

Update! We finally have a check in and its close to NY now! wooooot

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3943 2 years ago

Redferne yes that is wonky. Can the scoop itself be adjusted? It looks like what happened with my Twilight Zone when the weld broke in the scoop. On my Alien I turned down the airlock eject coil strength a lot. It is called upper scoop or something like that.

#3944 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Sweet! I wonder where the info came from that it was delayed until 11/17? It's still showing ETA of 11/14 to me:

#3945 2 years ago

They did do a dope job, maybe they can separate and put the pcb for the bacons alone, or you just need a package…

The apron is nice but too much for me. I’d rather just get the integrated beacons if that is possible.

#3946 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I can take a boat out of Captree for you guys if you want that ships pretty close to me...

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The apron is nice but too much for me. I’d rather just get the integrated beacons if that is possible.

Not sure how the pcb is to be set up. now would be the time to offer up the suggestion.

Frankly, care more about the code getting worked out. Few more bugs to get out of the way...

#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Sweet! I wonder where the info came from that it was delayed until 11/17? It's still showing ETA of 11/14 to me:[quoted image]

Wondering if that takes into account when it will get off loaded...could careless other than it would be nice to shoot for Thanksgiving.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

I'm posting this since I'm currently out of ideas. I have this wonky airlock eject behaviour which cannot quite grasp. I've sanded down the plunger so it's nice and smooth. The airlock mechanism is fitted nice and tight, also made sure the coil sits snugly and does not wiggle around. I have played for a week without any issues but now suddenly the airlock likes to randomly eject directly onto the left sling and then all bets are off. I'm expecting to be able to catch the ball on the left flipper everytime, but maybe I'm wrong
See the video for reference.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

Had a similar issue with my airlock a few months back. It turned that the coil for that feature had come loose. I retighten the screws and all has been working great since then.

#3950 2 years ago

Wondering if that takes into account when it will get off loaded...could careless other than it would be nice to shoot for Thanksgiving.

For what it's worth it is "at anchor" --- just looks like anchor is off the coast. It has arrived, but perhaps the 11/17 is when it will dock? I'm with you -- I would LOVE to be shooting by Thanksgiving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/79?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.