100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 377.
#3851 2 years ago

I believe almost everything on here is star/torq bits.

#3852 2 years ago

Womp Womp. Another day back, but potentially 2 days further pushed out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm seeing 11/14
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"db7e4a4bf30c60a8faad410fee886a587f10f586-1636417049-1800"};
//]]>

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:152344/mmsi:218355000/imo:9450416/vessel:VIENNA_EXPRESS
[quoted image]

Should be playing by the 24th. Fingers crossed.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know how well the LVs have been selling? Or are many people still waiting for more info before they take the plunge?

I'm sitting back and waiting. Way to many issues being reported for my comfort level. I'm a potential buyer if these are rock solid out of the box with only minor tweaks.

#3856 2 years ago

New code release!

ALIEN 2.3
3 November 2021

Changes from version 2.2:

System Changes
Improved communications from game software to IO controller.
Improved video monitor occasionally not working after power-up.
Reduced coil power for the left eject and trough. Note: if you previously adjusted the power lower via the "Coil Adjustments" menu, we recommend changing these back to "Normal" (no change).
Increase range of coil adjustments from -50% to +50%.
Fixed coil adjustments sometimes not working for low-power coils.
Fixed the power settings on the up-posts, which should make them pop up more reliably.
Starting a new game temporarily disabled while any ball device is in flux.
Fix ball devices not emptying correctly after ball was tilted.
Allow coin door lighting in free play mode.
Fixed a bug that could cause the writing of the log file or audits not to work.

Game Changes
Debounce on the xenomorph targets has been reduced to start the magnet grab faster.
Chestburster Combo (left eject to right magnet lane) can no longer be fooled during multiball, from a ball exiting the pop bumpers at nearly the same time that the left eject fires.
Fix ball saver sometimes expiring early.
Fix 5000 point display during APC mode.
Fixed the extended credits sequence in attract mode cutting off a few seconds early.
Fixed Revive callouts happening during tilt.
Disable letter blinking in enter initials while paging through the alphabet.
Changed the "<" symbol in enter initials to backspace (BACK), to make it more clear that you can make corrections.
Fixed some shots scoring during victory laps when they were not lit.
Fixed the Sentry Guns ready effect on the left eject. It would not always appear depending on other game conditions (usually, during skill shot).

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New code release!
ALIEN 2.3
3 November 2021
System Changes
Reduced coil power for the left eject and trough. Note: if you previously adjusted the power lower via the "Coil Adjustments" menu, we recommend changing these back to "Normal" (no change).
Fixed the power settings on the up-posts, which should make them pop up more reliably.
Game Changes
Debounce on the xenomorph targets has been reduced to start the magnet grab faster.
Chestburster Combo (left eject to right magnet lane) can no longer be fooled during multiball, from a ball exiting the pop bumpers at nearly the same time that the left eject fires.
Fixed the extended credits sequence in attract mode cutting off a few seconds early.
Changed the "<" symbol in enter initials to backspace (BACK), to make it more clear that you can make corrections.
Fixed the Sentry Guns ready effect on the left eject. It would not always appear depending on other game conditions (usually, during skill shot).

Beat me to it! Excited for another update

#3858 2 years ago

So the instructions are a bit confusing. Is anyone else reading it as you need to be on 2.2, NOT 2.2D (etc) before installing 2.3?

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the instructions are a bit confusing. Is anyone else reading it as you need to be on 2.2, NOT 2.2D (etc) before installing 2.3?

If you have at least 2.2 or an updated version upto 2.2D you should be fine to goto 2.3

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New code release!
ALIEN 2.3
3 November 2021
System Changes
Game Changes

Wow, what a great update.

#3861 2 years ago

Nice update. I just downloaded it. Now waiting for the cargo ship to arrive.

#3862 2 years ago

Not the magic bullet update. Xeno magnet is grabbing the ball, but in some cases it lets it go long before the tongue comes out.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not the magic bullet update. Xeno magnet is grabbing the ball, but in some cases it lets it go long before the tongue comes out.

Have you logged with Cato?

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The way it works is that it gives an initial strong pulse to try to grab the ball, then it goes to a lower power hold pattern to keep the ball there until the tongue grabs it. Is the ball stopping on the magnet, then falling? If so then the hold power is too low, I think there might be a menu option for that?

#3865 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The way it works is that it gives an initial strong pulse to try to grab the ball, then it goes to a lower power hold pattern to keep the ball there until the tongue grabs it. Is the ball stopping on the magnet, then falling? If so then the hold power is too low, I think there might be a menu option for that?

I need to play some more games to really tell. 3 games, 3 different results. - first time, didn't even attempt to grab - and xeno didn't open, 2nd time grabbed it fine, 3rd time it definitely grabbed the ball full stop, but then let it go before the tongue came out.

#3866 2 years ago

I have a question for the early adopters, not sure if it's been addressed before. How do those beautifully polished ramps hold up after a few hundred games? Do they begin the get scratched/dinged or tarnished? They are soooo shiny it seems they would show up any little imperfections. I love the look of them but I did think that they are going to get annihilated by the ball pretty quickly?

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I have a question for the early adopters, not sure if it's been addressed before. How do those beautifully polished ramps hold up after a few hundred games? Do they begin the get scratched/dinged or tarnished? They are soooo shiny it seems they would show up any little imperfections. I love the look of them but I did think that they are going to get annihilated by the ball pretty quickly?

Do they get ball trails? yes. No avoiding that. You can wax them and buff them, but it is only going to last for so long. From a players perspective, it isn't that noticable unless you take the glass off and are looking directly at them. You would cut some vinyl to go over them though.

#3868 2 years ago

2.3 not working well for me at all.

Not ejecting ball into shooter lane properly now. It is set to normal. I had flippers die when a ball was draining.

Going back to 2.2d.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

2.3 not working well for me at all.
Not ejecting ball into shooter lane properly now. It is set to normal. I had flippers die when a ball was draining.
Going back to 2.2d.

I only played a couple of games but I didn’t have any issues

#3870 2 years ago

My game has been playing perfectly since making coil adjustments on 2.2G. I don’t think I’m gonna update yet. Give us some game play features like added sound effects or movie clips, then I’ll update. Anybody else think we should be able to change the upper L & V lit lanes?

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My game has been playing perfectly since making coil adjustments on 2.2G. I don’t think I’m gonna update yet. Give us some game play features like added sound effects or movie clips, then I’ll update. Anybody else think we should be able to change the upper L & V lit lanes?

This seemed odd to me too, but maybe they thought it was too powerful considering it's only 2 lanes and gives full on multipilers. I regularly get them quite high as is..

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I only played a couple of games but I didn’t have any issues

Went back to 2.2d and playing reliable again. 2.3 really threw my game. I sent PB my log.

One thing that bothers me that that when I am in eggs nest mode for both Alien or Aliens it does not stop the orbit shot and drop ball into the pop bumpers….I hit orbit shots to complete the mode but blow right past the pops. Other times diverted out orbits into pops..Frustrating.

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Went back to 2.2d and playing reliable again. 2.3 really threw my game. I sent PB my log.
One thing that bothers me that that when I am in eggs nest mode for both Alien or Aliens it does not stop the orbit shot and drop ball into the pop bumpers….I hit orbit shots to complete the mode but blow right past the pops. Other times diverted out orbits into pops..Frustrating.

You know that it doesn't always do that right? They are popping up for me, but I will check if they do it in those modes.

Also, your issue with the trough is likely that you need to adjust the power as it is probably going too hard and bouncing it partially. Mine was doing this as well after the update, just need to bring the power down.

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Quoted from Zablon:

You know that it doesn't always do that right? They are popping up for me, but I will check if they do it in those modes.

What he said…they don’t come up every time, there is a sequence involved. I’m not entirely sure but I believe you need left ramp right orbit or right ramp left orbit to activate them wether you’re in those modes or not, It may also have something to do with if the orbit is flashing blue or green during those modes. Might be a good question for Cato.

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Iirc during the Alien mode, only one orbit (blue?) diverts. During Aliens mode they should always both divert

#3876 2 years ago

I haven't received my SV yet but would like to attempt a poll:

Who's using Update 2.3 and getting successful results?

Who's using 2.2D still?

Who's using 2.3G?

It will be interesting to get results for this.
Thanks.

#3877 2 years ago

2.3 just came out today man, give it some time. Don't get worked up about it yet, you don't even have your game.

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody else think we should be able to change the upper L & V lit lanes?

As Zablon said, it would be too easy and powerful if you could lane-change. There's basically only 7 increments available from these lanes, so we couldn't make it too easy. (And bonus can get sizable if you have decent Scene Bonus.)

Quoted from zacaj:

Iirc during the Alien mode, only one orbit (blue?) diverts. During Aliens mode they should always both divert

This. (Derelict Ship and Queen's Nest, respectively.)

#3879 2 years ago

Re: v2.3 upgrade from 2.2D, my experience after 20 or so games is

1. The need to hit the flippers to make the ball eject from any mech is more pronounced , even happens in the trough which it didn’t previously
2. The trough plunger still needs to be increased to +10 % or more to be consistent
3. The muthur hole now ejects properly at “normal” setting
4. The Xeno magnet is quite a lot better at grabbing the ball
5. The Video Screen seems brighter / sharper

#3880 2 years ago

Finally on the delivery list thanks to @pinkitten. Now I can put it next to this

20211110_173124 (resized).jpg20211110_173124 (resized).jpg
#3881 2 years ago

Anyone have a source for good art blades yet (not lit)?

#3882 2 years ago

This. (Derelict Ship and Queen's Nest, respectively.)

I was under the impression when you are in those modes you are suppose to hit the orbit shots...They are the ones blinking, but when I do they cruze right past the eggs, the diverter does not stop them ever when in that mode for me. I have hit tons of orbits and it's futile...I have to get into the egg poppers other ways to even have a chance at beating the mode..

When not in those modes the diverter does catch and drop ball into the pops at times so I know the diverters do physically work.

#3883 2 years ago

Same here with the egg modes. The diverters should be working. Otherwise it is very difficult to get up into the pops.

#3884 2 years ago

Hmmm... I'm not sure if anything changed in this regard on the Pinball Brothers game release, but when I last touched the code, both orbits and the upper loop (Vent 3) should all divert to the pops during Queen's Nest. During Derelict Ship, the "Explore" orbit (blue arrow, I believe) should divert into the pops.

#3885 2 years ago

Extremely glad i pulled the trigger on this game back in December.. What a fantastic game.
Any one come up with nice ball roll off for the upper right flipper? Tried to find info in this thread with no luck. Was thinking about using a post through the plastic anchored in the playfield.

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm... I'm not sure if anything changed in this regard on the Pinball Brothers game release, but when I last touched the code, both orbits and the upper loop (Vent 3) should all divert to the pops during Queen's Nest. During Derelict Ship, the "Explore" orbit (blue arrow, I believe) should divert into the pops.

my example works like this ... others are having issues which should be reported.

#3887 2 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQRMGKB

Don't know if this was mentioned here yet or not, but if you run a usb extension cable from the unit behind the translite down to near the coin door, you dont have to remove the translite for code updates or debug reports...

#3888 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

amazon.com link »
Don't know if this was mentioned here yet or not, but if you run a usb extension cable from the unit behind the translite down to near the coin door, you dont have to remove the translite for code updates or debug reports...

You don't need to remove the translite or install a USB extension cable. Just use the USB ports that are in the black box on the left at the bottom of the cabinet. Since I learned there were USB ports there, I haven't removed the translite since.

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You don't need to remove the translite or install a USB extension cable. Just use the USB ports that are in the black box on the left at the bottom of the cabinet. Since I learned there were USB ports there, I haven't removed the translite since.

I had not ever thought of that.. OMG. PBros state to use the USBs on trans box so i did. DUH.. LOL

#3890 2 years ago

I remixed agima2000's excellent HyperSleep Chamber Mod for HWs Alien. It now fits Pinball Brothers Alien in two parts.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5128702

Enjoy!

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

I remixed agima2000's excellent HyperSleep Chamber Mod for HWs Alien. It now fits Pinball Brothers Alien in two parts.
Enjoy!

Awesome thanks Redferne I need to make that next! Here are a Chestburster and a Space Jockey from Thingaverse that I’ve made. And also the great toy that skyknight320 posted , it is really nice

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/76#post-6579842

24DCFBCE-3239-467A-A90F-6425AED30C87 (resized).jpeg24DCFBCE-3239-467A-A90F-6425AED30C87 (resized).jpeg96F2482A-3135-4C0A-B146-C64727B730B7 (resized).jpeg96F2482A-3135-4C0A-B146-C64727B730B7 (resized).jpegF79F75C6-C9B0-4F80-89AC-D8274AA4551C (resized).jpegF79F75C6-C9B0-4F80-89AC-D8274AA4551C (resized).jpeg

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That is what I thought it should do but it doesn’t. The diverters work in other times during the game. During derelict ship and queens nest the ball just blasts around the orbit.

#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Enjoy!

Error on Thingiverse

error (resized).JPGerror (resized).JPG
#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I need a video of Ellen Ripley getting into her space suit for an attract mode.

#3895 2 years ago

So I did some testing in 2.3

On mine, the popups are working as intended as far as I can tell.

In Derelict ship they come up on the blue lit orbits - not the green (which just adds time)

In Queens Nest they are coming up on orbits

I did see once in Queens nest that they didn't come up until after the ball had went around though.

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Error on Thingiverse
[quoted image]

Thingiverse in a nutshell. Link works here. Give it a few...

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Awesome thanks Redferne I need to make that next! Here are a Chestburster and a Space Jockey from Thingaverse that I’ve made. And also the great toy that skyknight320 posted , it is really nice
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/76#post-6579842
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thingiverse files?

#3898 2 years ago

Can someone who's upgraded to v3 switches confirm that you just plug these in on the sides they go on..or if I was supposed to get different cables?

1111211114 (resized).jpg1111211114 (resized).jpg
#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can someone who's upgraded to v3 switches confirm that you just plug these in on the sides they go on..or if I was supposed to get different cables?[quoted image]

You should have gotten new Y-cables:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/67#post-6535132

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/78?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.