100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 377.
#3801 2 years ago

The narrow stand-up targets have LEDs in them. Has anybody figured out how to wire them to get them to light up? I see there is a spare LED connect on one board but none on the other boards for all the other narrow targets. All of the new Gen 3 targets have both connectors on them, one for the switch and one for the LED.

In the third picture you can see how the wide stand-ups are plugged in to the boards with both connectors. I suspect the LV's will get their boards revised to accept all the narrow connectors?

IMG_6853 (resized).JPGIMG_6853 (resized).JPGIMG_6854 (resized).JPGIMG_6854 (resized).JPGIMG_6855 (resized).JPGIMG_6855 (resized).JPG
#3803 2 years ago

I recall someone earlier showing that V3 narrow targets did not have the cables/connectors for the led, unlike the v1/v2.

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I recall someone earlier showing that V3 narrow targets did not have the cables/connectors for the led, unlike the v1/v2.

It is actually the opposite - the v1/v2 did not include an LED cable, but the v3 has a new Y cable that does include the LED. If you plug them all into the boards you will find that one of the LEDs is lit and the others do not light. That is a bug so I just unplugged it from the board. Reported it to Cato.

There is nothing programmed to light up the weapon LEDs in current software, so probably better just to leave them all unplugged for now.

#3805 2 years ago

Unfortunately they do not have anything to connect to that will activate in the game. There are a couple of connectors on the board by the right ramp (I think they were labeled 4 and 5 or something like that). I plugged them in with cables from the Xeno targets and they did not light up. Seems a missed opportunity though having the LED in there. They could have been tied to the weapons targets lights.

#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Unfortunately they do not have anything to connect to that will activate in the game. There are a couple of connectors on the board by the right ramp (I think they were labeled 4 and 5 or something like that). I plugged them in with cables from the Xeno targets and they did not light up. Seems a missed opportunity though having the LED in there. They could have been tied to the weapons targets lights.

If you check the Cointaker website, it actually states in the details, that the weapons standups for the Standard, are LED backlit. This may be something that we will see implemented soon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3807 2 years ago

Are they rgb or just white / gi?

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

There is nothing programmed to light up the weapon LEDs in current software, so probably better just to leave them all unplugged for now.

Quoted from AD72:

Unfortunately they do not have anything to connect to that will activate in the game. There are a couple of connectors on the board by the right ramp (I think they were labeled 4 and 5 or something like that). I plugged them in with cables from the Xeno targets and they did not light up. Seems a missed opportunity though having the LED in there. They could have been tied to the weapons targets lights

Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

If you check the Cointaker website, it actually states in the details, that the weapons standups for the Standard, are LED backlit. This may be something that we will see implemented soon.

Thanks guys, I guess we wait and see. Nice find on the CT website. I hope they at least put them in the software or maybe somebody can figure out a way to tie them into the gi

#3810 2 years ago

Wonder if it was a woops miss, or if they decided to change it to an LV only feature.

#3811 2 years ago

I'm unbelievably keen to see a "real" LV, with actual assets not just mock ups/placeholders. Has anyone seen/heard anything beyond the original announcement, or are we all just waiting...?

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm unbelievably keen to see a "real" LV, with actual assets not just mock ups/placeholders. Has anyone seen/heard anything beyond the original announcement, or are we all just waiting...?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4d25edec2c025e55ef6ae6d78b31d9d32d17a481-1635997418-1800"};
//]]>

I can’t wait to see a video of one playing and the beacons working.

#3813 2 years ago

What's this nonsense? ETA went from 11/11 to 11/12??? I can't take this waiting anymore

Ship (resized).pngShip (resized).png
#3814 2 years ago

I am hopeful that they will eventually enable the stand ups to be RGB lit.

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

What's this nonsense? ETA went from 11/11 to 11/12??? I can't take this waiting anymore
[quoted image]

#3816 2 years ago

Well, I finally got off the fence and just made my deposit for an LE to CT...now the waiting begins.

#3817 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I finally got off the fence

good work. i have a feeling it'll be worth the wait for us.

#3818 2 years ago

I am hopeful that they will eventually enable the stand ups to be RGB lit.

And not just on the LV.

Propaganda changes.

43383617-D277-4BF0-A337-C01C7BDD05C1 (resized).png43383617-D277-4BF0-A337-C01C7BDD05C1 (resized).png
#3819 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

[quoted image]

Better than 11/15.

#3820 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Better than 11/15.

HAHA

#3821 2 years ago

Anyone get their hands on images of an actual Alien LV yet?

#3822 2 years ago

Anyone getting a spontaneous case of the left slingshot machine gunning when the game starts?

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone get their hands on images of an actual Alien LV yet?

nope, crickets.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone getting a spontaneous case of the left slingshot machine gunning when the game starts?

Not to be too obvious, but did you check the switch gaps on that slingshot?

#3825 2 years ago

I'm travelling during the Thanksgiving week. I'm probably the only one who wants it to come in AFTER. XD

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3826 2 years ago

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know how well the LVs have been selling? Or are many people still waiting for more info before they take the plunge?

#3827 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know how well the LVs have been selling? Or are many people still waiting for more info before they take the plunge?

I can probably make a guess and say that there isn't THAT many sold yet. I am sure 300-500 maybe. But I think a LOT of people are watching this unfold very closely and not jumping in yet due to how most super early games did have some problems and the company doesn't have a great track record regarding previous company...

I think they also purposely not talking about the LV until they get the SVs actually shipping bulletproof. This isn't me being mean more just talking about known facts.

I think once they get the SVs right, they will start pumping the LVs on social media and we will get more info. But for now it's honorable they are going slow and learning/adjusting games as needed for a very reliable package. At least they are not trying to sell massive amounts without the reliability on point yet.

It's not fair but understandable of them also have 50~ beta/alpha testers here in the US, able to feed them info. On how the games are holding up/working.

#3828 2 years ago

I can probably make a guess and say that there isn't THAT many sold yet. I am sure 300-500 maybe. But I think a LOT of people are watching this unfold very closely and not jumping in yet due to how most super early games did have some problems and the company doesn't have a great track record.
I think they also purposely not talking about the LV until they get the SEs actually shipping bulletproof.

It’s interesting because current owners have sold or thought about selling to get an LV. That’s how I got mine and now I’m thinking about getting an LV. My buddies all bought SEs and are on the next two containers being shipped. I’m sure people are scared but i think availability is an issue just like the big Lebowski. I would love one but I don’t feel like waiting 6-8 months. Same for alien, my buddies have waited months for it. The one was q2 delivery and now it’s q4

#3829 2 years ago

I will restate. I don't think it's ALL about the delays being parts related

I think they are purposely holding back supply while they figured out the initial batch issues.

#3830 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

It’s interesting because current owners have sold or thought about selling to get an LV. That’s how I got mine and now I’m thinking about getting an LV. My buddies all bought SEs and are on the next two containers being shipped. I’m sure people are scared but i think availability is an issue just like the big Lebowski. I would love one but I don’t feel like waiting 6-8 months. Same for alien, my buddies have waited months for it. The one was q2 delivery and now it’s q4

I have a Q2 SV I'm still waiting on for which I paid in full ~2 months back. I kind of wanted an LV, but there aren't even real images, and who knows when they'd actually land stateside...

#3831 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I have a Q2 SV I'm still waiting on for which I paid in full ~2 months back. I kind of wanted an LV, but there aren't even real images, and who knows when they'd actually land stateside...

Cato seemed swamp with orders. Pretty sure they deliver.

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Cato seemed swamp with orders. Pretty sure they deliver.

Not saying they won't. I just don't know precisely what I'd be getting or when.

#3833 2 years ago

I’m trying to update my firmware and it keeps coming back with an unknown update error. Does anyone know what size the file was? The one Cato sent me was 96kb and when I put it to the root of my usb it keeps erroring out

#3834 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m trying to update my firmware and it keeps coming back with an unknown update error. Does anyone know what size the file was? The one Cato sent me was 96kb and when I put it to the root of my usb it keeps erroring out

Make sure you are doing a System Update and not a Firmware Update. There is no firmware update as of yet (as far as I know.)

#3835 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Make sure you are doing a System Update and not a Firmware Update. There is no firmware update as of yet (as far as I know.)

2.2d has a firmware update option

7F46B117-30BD-401E-80C0-CA87E2B0D5CD (resized).png7F46B117-30BD-401E-80C0-CA87E2B0D5CD (resized).png
#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

which file are you trying to update. There is a different method required depending on which one you are doing.

#3837 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have a firmware update .55 > .56, but it introduced a problem so I assume he didn’t release it to the community.

#3838 2 years ago

Blew a fuse last night for no apparent reason on boot - entire right side went out. What is interesting is the sticker says 8A, and I swear the fuses say 15A (need to magnify to verify).

#3839 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have a firmware update .55 > .56, but it introduced a problem so I assume he didn’t release it to the community.

Sorry, mine came with .56 and I got my machine in June, so from my point of view there have been no firmware updates. I thought he might have actually been talking about a System Update... not a Firmware Update.

#3840 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

which file are you trying to update. There is a different method required depending on which one you are doing.

Cato figured it out so I’m all set. Thanks!

#3841 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cato figured it out so I’m all set. Thanks!

So what was the problem?

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

So what was the problem?

Controller box with no boot loader. They will send me a new one Monday.

#3843 2 years ago

Game is playing really solid for a week now.
Can’t wait to take to expo next weekend and put it through it’s trials and let people experience such and awesome game.
This year seems to be tough on expos. I heard Chicago was a big let down.
I think Houston expo will be awesome.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3844 2 years ago

Hmmm, I had a good time at Chicago Expo. What was the supposed letdown?

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yeah why was Chicago supposed to be a letdown? I didn't know.

By the way great looking games there! Best of luck!

#3846 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There is a whole thread on it on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointed-chicago-expo

#3847 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not to be too obvious, but did you check the switch gaps on that slingshot?

I did yesterday and saw on both switches the stationary blades were bent in too much. Adjusted them and all is well.

#3848 2 years ago

I went to expo when it was at the other hotel. I loved it with all the little rooms off the main rooms. Felt cozy even thou it was a big event.

Hallways were packed with action as well.

Expo this year seemed kinda cold , all concrete and in one big room...or was there other rooms we didnt see from some youtubers?

Vendors seemed small .

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Game is playing really solid for a week now.
Can’t wait to take to expo next weekend and put it through it’s trials and let people experience such and awesome game.
This year seems to be tough on expos. I heard Chicago was a big let down.
I think Houston expo will be awesome.[quoted image]

I am hanging in that room for a few hours. Do I need to bring the Booze? haha

Let me know if you need help on Friday with anything.

#3850 2 years ago

What tool or bit do I need to get the flipper coil end stop bolts off? Looks hex like but my metric hex drivers won’t find purchase.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/77?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.