IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2626 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_122308 (resized).jpg
IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6435 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,729 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 375.
#3701 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I received my V3 targets today. Besides the 3D printed "clip", anyone else tried anything else to keep them aligned? They bend out of alignment with zero force in my hand. I'm thinking a thin 3M adhesive I have at hand or just epoxy that sandwich together. Thoughts?

I unscrewed them one screw at a time and blue loctited my gen 3s making sure to crush the star washers

#3702 2 years ago

Okay, I've been hunting for the answer to this. Recently I got tilt warnings, and I swear it sounds like Nedry's 'ah ah ah' from Jurassic park. I thought that can't be right, and I seem to recall Burke may have said something similar when they they were discussing nuking from orbit, but that isn't it. Is this really Nedry or am I just forgetting a quote?

#3703 2 years ago

What’s the latest code out? I am on 2.2 and having issues with the magnet grabbing ball for the alien to grab it. Only works with a slow shot currently. Any fix for this?

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Here is the vessel that is picking up next batch of SV's for Cointaker. Couple of weeks on the sea, then in NY port on 11/11. At Coin on 11/15 if all goes well. Xenomorph is whats for dinner on Thanksgiving!!
[quoted image]

I'm going to Live Track this thing all the way -- just stare at it until it docks.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:152344/mmsi:218355000/imo:9450416/vessel:VIENNA_EXPRESS

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

What’s the latest code out? I am on 2.2 and having issues with the magnet grabbing ball for the alien to grab it. Only works with a slow shot currently. Any fix for this?

First, I'd recommend that you update to 2.2D: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000828595-game-update-2-2d-beta

Second, the problem with the magnet not grabbing the ball is likely because the ball is hopping over the magnet when hitting the target. I'd recommend opening a ticket with PB to have this addressed.

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

First, I'd recommend that you update to 2.2D: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000828595-game-update-2-2d-beta
Second, the problem with the magnet not grabbing the ball is likely because the ball is hopping over the magnet when hitting the target. I'd recommend opening a ticket with PB to have this addressed.

What can support do about the ball hopping over when it hits the target? That just seems like a normal physics issue. Same as franks shot on MB. I think the solution is to just up the magnet power (and of course the timing in the code). And if you purposely make that shot, hit it softly.

One thing people should check, which I just noticed while fiddling with my xeno magnet is, the one in front of my xeno is ground flat, but the one for the chestburster is peaked with a point in the center (probably 1-2mm higher). I'm not sure that this is actually an issue, but my thought is they should both be smooth and probably causes the ball to jump. Others may have something similar on their Xeno magnet if the forming is inconsistent.

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What can support do about the ball hopping over when it hits the target? That just seems like a normal physics issue. Same as franks shot on MB. I think the solution is to just up the magnet power (and of course the timing in the code). And if you purposely make that shot, hit it softly.
One thing people should check, which I just noticed while fiddling with my xeno magnet is, the one in front of my xeno is ground flat, but the one for the chestburster is peaked with a point in the center (probably 1-2mm higher). I'm not sure that this is actually an issue, but my thought is they should both be smooth and probably causes the ball to jump. Others may have something similar on their Xeno magnet if the forming is inconsistent.

I'm pretty sure the problem is a missing part in the targets that can be sent out, but I'm being cautious of not speaking on behalf of Pinball Brothers... Especially since I've been misinterpreted as doing so recently.

#3708 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I installed a playfield protector and plastic protectors. I had already cracked a plastic by the recharge switch before putting on the plastic protectors. PB gave me a new replacement plastic.

Quick question: Did you have any special issues installing payfield and plastic protectors? Everything that needed removal and reinstall go without issue? Plastic Protectors have enough width for the legnth on the original screws? I am interested in the install. Haven't done this before. Any pointers that are specific to this machine would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3709 2 years ago

Are people so impatient that they go for ads like this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123331

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Are people so impatient that they go for ads like this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123331

Given the state of pinball...probably.

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Given the state of pinball...probably.

Jesus, if that sells, I'm listing mine NIB and buying an LV.

#3712 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Jesus, if that sells, I'm listing mine NIB and buying an LV.

i was just thinking the same thing.. mine should be getting loaded on ship in Italy tonight, in USA on 11/15. Maybe i should list it as in your home for thanksgiving, NIB, for 13K - get on the LV list and pocket a few pesos?

#3713 2 years ago

If anyone wants to get in on the LV and bought at the original price, I'll step in and take your spot and give you $500 towards the LV

#3714 2 years ago
Quoted from kellartz:

Quick question: Did you have any special issues installing payfield and plastic protectors? Everything that needed removal and reinstall go without issue? Plastic Protectors have enough width for the length on the original screws? I am interested in the install. Haven't done this before. Any pointers that are specific to this machine would be appreciated. Thanks.

The playfield protector had no issues, just time consuming. The screws used for the plastics are very very short so with the plastic protectors on they don't get a lot of bite into the nut. It would have been nice if they were a little longer but no issues popping off so far.

#3715 2 years ago

Got the new targets installed tonight and played a few hours. This game is absolutely mesmerizing. The atmosphere is spot on. I only wish my hands could take more hours playing Man they hurt.

#3716 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Got the new targets installed tonight and played a few hours. This game is absolutely mesmerizing. The atmosphere is spot on. I only wish my hands could take more hours playing Man they hurt.

When did you originally receive your SV machine?

I am very happy you're enjoying it and love the theme. I can't wait for mine.

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

When did you originally receive your SV machine?
I am very happy you're enjoying it and love the theme. I can't wait for mine.

I picked it up Aug 27. It still has that fresh pin smell, I love it

#3718 2 years ago

Now that I've ordered the LV - I've been scouring the internet for every little piece of information I can get. There's really no info about this is there outside of those (rather poorly conceived) mocked up pictures...?

Have to say though, just watching a few streams of the SV being played this machine looks AMAZING. Looks like they absolutely nailed the theme.

#3719 2 years ago

So, just throwing this out there because I've not seen it mentioned.

I've been working with Cato regarding my Xeno magnet, and he's sending out a care packet, but in addition to that he asked for my report logs. From this he found that the firmware for I/O was on an old version .55 vs .56 and apparently in this newer one has some fixes to the timings on the flippers. Fixing knockdowns, random holds, etc. I had seen a few of these, but figured they'd be adjusted in later software updates. If you are in the early shipments and haven't updated your firmware I would suggest it.

#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've been working with Cato regarding my Xeno magnet, and he's sending out a care packet, but in addition to that he asked for my report logs. From this he found that the firmware for I/O was on an old version .55 vs .56 and apparently in this newer one has some fixes to the timings on the flippers. Fixing knockdowns, random holds, etc. I had seen a few of these, but figured they'd be adjusted in later software updates. If you are in the early shipments and haven't updated your firmware I would suggest it.

Yup, I got sent 0.56 back when it was in beta and it fixed a bunch of flipper problems I was having

#3721 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mine is .55 I looked today. How do I upgrade it?

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine is .55 I looked today. How do I upgrade it?

I'd reach out to Cato and he will provide the file. I don't think you can get it from the forum directly.

#3723 2 years ago
229A1F46-8E32-43EA-B71A-B0C17EF594B9 (resized).jpeg229A1F46-8E32-43EA-B71A-B0C17EF594B9 (resized).jpeg662AF622-DE60-440F-AD98-2E8FF15D9F4A (resized).jpeg662AF622-DE60-440F-AD98-2E8FF15D9F4A (resized).jpegB8A7815F-4806-4006-8ED4-2A884206C721 (resized).jpegB8A7815F-4806-4006-8ED4-2A884206C721 (resized).jpegC57821D5-58AD-48B9-9BD2-2FD454A45DA3 (resized).jpegC57821D5-58AD-48B9-9BD2-2FD454A45DA3 (resized).jpeg
#3724 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks pretty awesome!!!

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Side art adds flavor. Nice touch with the red on the teeth

#3726 2 years ago

Is it possible to put pin stadiums on this?

#3727 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That was the plan. And set them to a dimmer blue or green…

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes. I have them on mine and I love them. The flash when you hit the Xeno really adds to the experience.

I went into it thinking I would use green as the ambient lighting but I ended up on blue. Much better and makes the egg pop bumpers stand out more.

#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

puke.gifpuke.gif
#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes. I have them on mine and I love them. The flash when you hit the Xeno really adds to the experience.
I went into it thinking I would use green as the ambient lighting but I ended up on blue. Much better and makes the egg pop bumpers stand out more.

Cool, I have a set and wanted to put them on.

I assume it’s easy to install. I just us the wire vs alligator clips

#3731 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cool, I have a set and wanted to put them on.
I assume it’s easy to install. I just us the wire vs alligator clips

I have the Neo fusions so one connects to the Zeno magnet wires which give the flash and my kit came with a plug and play y splitter for the magnet wires. The GI lighting connects to 2 wires that go to an RGB connections..Black and green wire I believe.

#3732 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Which stadiums did you buy (Neos?) and where did you connect the GI and Flashers?

#3733 2 years ago

Here's my first attempt at a design of this "Beacon Annunciator PCB." This is the simplest design I could come up with my limited electronics knowledge.

It should solve all my issues:

1. It will support beacons that consume up to 5 amps and 80V (safely)
2. It will automatically switch the beacons into "rotate" mode on every power-up (Optional if Beacons Need it)
3. Beacons can be switched on with only 2 - 4 mA of current
4. Beacons can be powered with an external power supply (no need to use any power from game itself)

I still need to test the beacon mode switching, but I'm pretty confident it will work. I'll probably breadboard this thing and then send it off for fabrication.

If anyone who has more experience than I do with this stuff would like to offer suggestions to help make this better (or for that matter, redesign it completey), please contact me via PM or just post your design.

beacon-annunciator (resized).pngbeacon-annunciator (resized).png

#3734 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Here's my first attempt at a design of this "Beacon Annunciator PCB." This is the simplest design I could come up with my limited electronics knowledge.
2. It will automatically switch the beacons into "rotate" mode on every power-up (OPTIONAL if Beacons need it)
I still need to test the beacon mode switching, but I'm pretty confident it will work. I'll probably breadboard this thing and then send it off for fabrication.
If anyone who has more experience than I do with this stuff would like to offer suggestions to help make this better (or for that matter, redesign it complete), please contact me via PM.
[quoted image]

#3735 2 years ago

Needs chrome teeth so I added

1277C0AB-85C2-421E-ADDB-CCAE5A2A42F6 (resized).png1277C0AB-85C2-421E-ADDB-CCAE5A2A42F6 (resized).png
#3736 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

2. It will automatically switch the beacons into "rotate" mode on every power-up (Optional if Beacons Need it)
4. Beacons can be powered with an external power supply (no need to use any power from game itself)
If anyone who has more experience than I do with this stuff would like to offer suggestions to help make this better (or for that matter, redesign it completey), please contact me via PM or just post your design.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting. Very similar to what I was looking at, the biggest problem is where to get “trigger from game”. Myself I would only want it to come on @ Self Destruct, Loader battle and all out war. I have a light activated circuit that that can sense when those LEDs are lit in combination with some sort of timer circuit may do the job (I see you have a 555 timer in your circuit). My beacons only draw max 100ma each @12v so plugging into the 12 volts on the power supply box on the bottom is not an issue. I’ll take this to PM.

#3737 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Thanks for posting. Very similar to what I was looking at, the biggest problem is where to get “trigger from game”. Myself I would only want it to come on @ Self Destruct, Loader battle and all out war. I have a light activated circuit that that can sense when those LEDs are lit in combination with some sort of timer circuit may do the job (I see you have a 555 timer in your circuit). My beacons only draw max 100ma each @12v so plugging into the 12 volts on the power supply box on the bottom is not an issue. I’ll take this to PM.

My beacons take about 200 - 300 mA of power each for a total of 600 mA. If it is determined it is safe, 12V could definitely be taken from the game, but I made it so you could use an external power supply just in case.

As for a trigger for the game, you're right... there is no perfect trigger available. If new firmware is released that supports the beacons, it would be awesome to use that trigger. But I've been thinking about it and I really think that using the ball shooter-lane switch would be a fantastic trigger. In fact, I might be happier with this solution than any other triggers anyone comes up with. In my mind, it sounds pretty good... we'll have to see how it works in reality.

The 555 timer is only used for the purpose of switching my beacons into "rotate" mode on power-up. I do not currently have a good solution for detecting Self Destruct, Loader Battle, or all out war.... I'm hoping for a future firmware update to resolve that one. In the meantime, my focus is on the shooter-lane switch.

Also, added another protection diode for "FROM GAME" ground:

beacon-annunciator (resized).pngbeacon-annunciator (resized).png

#3738 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My beacons take about 200 - 300 mA of power each for a total of 600 mA. If it is determined it is safe, 12V could definitely be taken from the game, but I made it so you could use an external power supply just in case.
As for a trigger for the game, you're right... there is no perfect trigger available. If new firmware is released that supports the beacons, it would be awesome to use that trigger. But I've been thinking about it and I really think that using the ball shooter-lane switch would be a fantastic trigger. In fact, I might be happier with this solution than any other triggers anyone comes up with. In my mind, it sounds pretty good... we'll have to see how it works in reality.
The 555 timer is only used for the purpose of switching my beacons into "rotate" mode on power-up. I do not currently have a good solution for detecting Self Destruct, Loader Battle, or all out war.... I'm hoping for a future firmware update to resolve that one. In the meantime, my focus is on the shooter-lane switch.
Also, added another protection diode for "FROM GAME" ground:
[quoted image]

Curious what your thought behind the ball shooter-lane switch as a trigger? What about limiting it to multiballs if nothing else via the trough, rather than either completely on or off?

#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:Curious what your thought behind the ball shooter-lane switch as a trigger? What about limiting it to multiballs if nothing else via the trough, rather than either completely on or off?

The motion detector mod from Vimtoman is triggered by the shooter lane switch.

#3740 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The motion detector mod from Vimtoman is triggered by the shooter lane switch so could be used.

brado426 I see you have that mod as well and it is awesome

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Curious what your thought behind the ball shooter-lane switch as a trigger? What about limiting it to multiballs if nothing else via the trough, rather than either completely on or off?

When a multi-ball starts, a ball goes into the shooter lane for a period of time, which would trigger the beacons, which I think would be a great effect. Then each additional multi-ball would trigger the beacons momentarily (haven't made up my mind whether this effect would be good or bad yet... probably neutral on that one). Also, when you start a game, the beacons would go on until you shoot your ball (I think that effect would be good.)

Using the shooter switch, the beacons would actually indicate that there is a ball ready to launch. It is the easiest solution for now unless someone comes up with an intricate way to detect certain modes in the game (I think such a thing would be pretty hacky.) That would be beyond my capability for now, which is why I hope it will be added to the firmware for us to use as a trigger in the future so we don't have to resort to hacky additional passthroughs and additional circuitry.

#3742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

brado426 I see you have that mod as well and it is awesome

Oh yes.... I love that motion tracker mod.... It is so choice!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The motion detector mod from Vimtoman is triggered by the shooter lane switch.

Quoted from brado426:

When a multi-ball starts, a ball goes into the shooter lane for a period of time, which would trigger the beacons, which I think would be a great effect. Then each additional multi-ball would trigger the beacons momentarily (haven't made up my mind whether this effect would be good or bad yet... probably neutral on that one). Also, when you start a game, the beacons would go on until you shoot your ball (I think that effect would be good.)
Using the shooter switch, the beacons would actually indicate that there is a ball ready to launch. It is the easiest solution for now unless someone comes up with an intricate way to detect certain modes in the game (I think such a thing would be pretty hacky.) That would be beyond my capability for now, which is why I hope it will be added to the firmware for us to use as a trigger in the future so we don't have to resort to hacky additional passthroughs and additional circuitry.

That's what I thought your intent was. As an alternative path, I was thinking of possibly using the trough switches, rather than the shooter lane switch - so that it only activates while more than 1 ball is on the pf would feel more integrated. I don't know what exactly tracks the trough, optos or switches, but there may be something that needs to be done to detect if all balls are in the trough as well (so it doesn't go on every time a ball drains - or when last ball drains).

I really haven't given this much thought yet, just been enjoying playing...lol

EDIT: another thing...if you wanted it triggered just by modes, couldn't you use leads to the specific LED's power line for that mode for a signal? I know that may require a bit more electrical knowledge and a bit more installation savvy, but seems like a straight forward answer to the issue.

#3744 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's what I thought your intent was. As an alternative path, I was thinking of possibly using the trough switches, rather than the shooter lane switch - so that it only activates while more than 1 ball is on the pf would feel more integrated. I don't know what exactly tracks the trough, optos or switches, but there may be something that needs to be done to detect if all balls are in the trough as well (so it doesn't go on every time a ball drains - or when last ball drains).
I really haven't given this much thought yet, just been enjoying playing...lol
EDIT: another thing...if you wanted it triggered just by modes, couldn't you use leads to the specific LED's power line for that mode for a signal? I know that may require a bit more electrical knowledge and a bit more installation savvy, but seems like a straight forward answer to the issue.

I love your ideas, Mr. Zablon. I didn't even think of using the trough state to detect modes. That just may be a crazy enough of an idea to work! Will think about it also.

#3745 2 years ago

What we don't know yet is how they plan to implement theirs. It may be we can just hook them up directly.

While I know PB are doing what they can, it does seem like a slap in the face that they basically screwed the early buyers with the LV attitude given what they said in the original interview.

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What we don't know yet is how they plan to implement theirs. It may be we can just hook them up directly.
While I know PB are doing what they can, it does seem like a slap in the face that they basically screwed the early buyers with the LV attitude given what they said in the original interview.

I don't recall PB ever promising Beacon support back in December, 2020. In fact, I don't recall a single word being mentioned about beacons... as if they didn't exist... so that probably should have been a red flag to us right there. I think that we assumed that Beacons would be available as an add-on. I do remember shaker motor support being mentioned by PB as being supported later.

I do hope PB will be kind and leave the beacon support in the SV software.

Either way, I will need this PCB to control the beacons I chose due to that "mode select" issue on power-up.

#3747 2 years ago

Cato sent me 6 rectangle targets and 2 square .. not sure if the squares are replacement for xeno or the chestburster and other square one (forgot the name) .. any way to tell? probably a stupid question , but i feel stupid

#3748 2 years ago

You should have got 5 weapons targets and three Xeno targets. I think they should also include 2 more for the chestburster and upper left target. I’m gonna ask Cato for the extras just in case.

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have the Neo fusions so one connects to the Zeno magnet wires which give the flash and my kit came with a plug and play y splitter for the magnet wires. The GI lighting connects to 2 wires that go to an RGB connections..Black and green wire I believe.

would love to see the game with the pinstadium lights on please

#3750 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

would love to see the game with the pinstadium lights on please

I will shoot a video soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,729 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 375.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/75?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.