2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 372.
#3651 2 years ago

For anyone currently testing with 2.2G, I have downgraded back to 2.2D and found that my trough issues and MUTHUR eject issues (weak coil) appear to be resolved. If you're experiencing issues with weak or fluctuating coils with 2.2G, I'd recommend downgrading until a new system update is available.

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

For anyone currently testing with 2.2G, I have downgraded back to 2.2D and found that my trough issues and MUTHUR eject issues (weak coil) appear to be resolved. If you're experiencing issues with weak or fluctuating coils with 2.2G, I'd recommend downgrading until a new system update is available.

I am on D and my trough issues have disappeared, cross my fingers it continues. The more I have been playing it the more reliable it has become.

#3653 2 years ago

So wait...I've been on D all this time, you're telling me people complaining about trough issues aren't on D? is this really true? I've repeatedly said I barely have any trough issues.

#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So wait...I've been on D all this time, you're telling me people complaining about trough issues aren't on D? is this really true? I've repeatedly said I barely have any trough issues.

I had trough issues with D.... at some point, I updated to E, then F, then G in an attempt to fix the trough issues. Things seemed better with G, but still intermittent trough issues. Then I adjusted my trough when I had G... and things seemed even better... Then I went back to D and trough issues seemed to disappear... So it just wasn't clear that G was causing the problem. So yeah, I feel like an idiot... but there were multiple factors at play here.

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The sound package on the game is uh-fricking-mazing I dont know why you'd want to change it

It's great, but I wish there was a bit more variety to some of the callouts for the modes

#3656 2 years ago

Does anyone know if you enter any special letter combos in high scores if there are easter egg sound effects similar to AFM Moo?

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I had trough issues with D.... at some point, I updated to E, then F, then G in an attempt to fix the trough issues. Things seemed better with G, but still intermittent trough issues. Then I adjusted my trough when I had G... and things seemed even better... Then I went back to D and trough issues seemed to disappear... So it just wasn't clear that G was causing the problem. So yeah, I feel like an idiot... but there were multiple factors at play here.

Sometime between 2.2D and 2.2G, Cato reduced the power to the trough coil, to make it work better "out of the box".

If you upgraded to 2.2G and had previously changed the trough coil adjustment to make it weaker (e.g. -25%), I suggest putting that adjustment back to NORMAL and see how it works now. 2.2G did not revert that adjustment on its own.

- Brian

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Sometime between 2.2D and 2.2G, Cato reduced the power to the trough coil, to make it work better "out of the box".
If you upgraded to 2.2G and had previously changed the trough coil adjustment to make it weaker (e.g. -25%), I suggest putting that adjustment back to NORMAL and see how it works now. 2.2G did not revert that adjustment on its own.
- Brian

My trough coil setting is set to Normal. I had another problem when I had 2.2G, which is my coil strength settings didn't seem to take effect. I'd change a coil strength and it made absolutely no difference. I reported this stuff to Cato... so hopefully they get it straightened out for the next system update. 2.2D has been working flawlessly for me today.

#3661 2 years ago

Just have to say reading this thread its very nice to know people are working through these issues and still having fun with the game. I just got my deposit in with Nitro and this will be my first new game ever - Im sure I wont be playing until February, but Im very excited and glad to know theres a wealth of info here in case something doesnt happen to work out of the box. I aint scurred though cant wait in fact!!!

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Just have to say reading this thread its very nice to know people are working through these issues and still having fun with the game. I just got my deposit in with Nitro and this will be my first new game ever - Im sure I wont be playing until February, but Im very excited and glad to know theres a wealth of info here in case something doesnt happen to work out of the box. I aint scurred though cant wait in fact!!!

Congrats. I'm still a little scared to order. I'm waiting for feedback from the newest batches of orders to see how many issues there are and if they've tackled all the problems. Any new owners feedback would be appreciated!

#3663 2 years ago

I finally got my first ticket worthy issue, so throwing this out to see if anyone else has seen this. My xeno magnet is sinking below the pf. You can adjust it, but it's almost like the threads barely make contact with the shaft. When I try to line it up with the pf it rocks back and forth and one side is either too high or too low. If I try to tighten the nut in place, it just keeps pulling the bolt lower. Opened a ticket and will see what they say. Seems to me it will require replacing the whole mech since it is welded to the magnet part.

#3664 2 years ago

What up gents.
Quick questions regarding hooking up an external sub.
So I tried audio jack to the green connection under the screen where all the connections attach too.
No good, nothing out of my sub.
2nd, tried old school, alligator clips to the sub, and wired in to my polk audio.
That one was even worst, no sound and my Alien speakers got really distorted.
This used to be my old school method with sterns until I upgraded to pinnovators...

So what's the deal, don't understanding why its not working...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's great, but I wish there was a bit more variety to some of the callouts for the modes

Quoted from ob1forever:

What up gents.
So I tried audio jack to the green connection under the screen where all the connections attach too.
2nd, tried old school, alligator clips to the sub, and wired in to my polk audio.
This used to be my old school method with sterns until I upgraded to pinnovators...
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Quoted from ob1forever:

What up gents.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Not sure. My Pinsub is just connected to the sub wires and works fantastic.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

#3666 2 years ago

Ok, just ordered a set.
I'm looking forward the boom sound....
Thanks

#3667 2 years ago

Posted this on another thread and it was suggested that I posted it here, any advice is appreciated:

Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Posted this on another thread and it was suggested that I posted it here, any advice is appreciated:
Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

It’s a great all around player pin. The scoop to start modes is super easy to hit. Game has great flow. Very challenging to complete modes before timer runs out. Perfect amount of multi balls available to get.

#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Wouldn’t it scare the snot out of kids though?

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My kids are 7 and 8. The videos are pretty short so they aren’t scared. They like playing it especially when the Alien eats the ball. There is some swearing but they know if they hear that word it’s not acceptable to say and there isn’t much

#3671 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You know, this brings up a good point. My kids aren't easily scared, but there is the one scene where the chestburster comes out of the cocooned women and my boy (11) was a bit shocked by it. I'd think that scene should probably be suppressed when ADULT CONTENT mode is turned off. I keep ADULT CONTENT mode turned off on mine and it does suppress the profanity, which I do appreciate not exposing myself or my kids to every day. But if it were a perfect world, I'd say that one scene should be suppressed as well. Fortunately, it takes some effort to get through the mode to see that scene, so it doesn't display too easily. But if you have a bunch of kids over at a party and they get traumatized, you'll know why.

I saw Alien when I was in 4th grade. I made it to the "Hear Kitty Kitty" scene before I had to leave in fear. I recall being at school the next day and was pretty traumatized from having made it that far. hahaha

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You know, this brings up a good point. My kids aren't easily scared, but there is the one scene where the chestburster comes out of the cocooned women and my boy (11) was a bit shocked by it. I'd think that scene should probably be suppressed when ADULT CONTENT mode is turned off. I keep ADULT CONTENT mode turned off on mine and it does suppress the profanity, which I do appreciate not exposing myself or my kids to every day. But if it were a perfect world, I'd say that one scene should be suppressed as well. Fortunately, it takes some effort to get through the mode to see that scene, so it doesn't display too easily. But if you have a bunch of kids over at a party and they get traumatized, you'll know why.
I saw Alien when I was in 4th grade. I made it to the "Hear Kitty Kitty" scene before I had to leave in fear. I recall being at school the next day and was pretty traumatized from having made it that far. hahaha

Mine must have adult content off because there really isn’t any swearing. I’ll have to turn it on some night to see the difference

#3673 2 years ago

I've never had trough issues which is quite funny since I seem to have everything else.

Saying that I've been on 2.2F for a while. I'd go back to 2.2D IF it actually solved my balls getting locked around a Ambush/Sentry Gun Multiball.

I'm still not certain if its code or EM related...

For now I keep uploading logs.

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine must have adult content off because there really isn’t any swearing. I’ll have to turn it on some night to see the difference

"You secure that SH**, Hudson!"
"

Quoted from s000m:

I've never had trough issues which is quite funny since I seem to have everything else.
Saying that I've been on 2.2F for a while. I'd go back to 2.2D IF it actually solved my balls getting locked around a Ambush/Sentry Gun Multiball.

2.2F may be ok. I'll update to 2.2F and see if I experience the trough issues with that. The issue may only be in 2.2G.

Regarding your balls getting locked problem, I don't think that is a software problem because I do not see that happening. I'll have to go back and read your big long post, but these are the things that fixed my EM problems:

1. Replaced flipper coils with coils that have big diodes on them.
2. Replaced coil and power wiring harnesses with harnesses that have thicker wires
3. Only zip-tie coil and power wires together on the side rails. Any other wires should not be routed that way. Based on my experience with this, I think mixing 5V and 48V wires in close proximity causes some interference problems.

My game has been rock solid since I downgraded that system update. I got to SAVE NEWT again and it was awesome... even though "I FAILED!"

#3675 2 years ago

Another issue I recently found with mine that I think was contributing to a lot of my problems was a bad power cable. The cable that goes from the power input to the power supply box (black box on the right under the playfield). This cable was bad and I replaced in on Saturday. I was playing and suddenly completely lost power. At first I thought it was a fuse, but it was definitely this cable. This was definitely a cable manufacture problem. I've never seen one of these cables fail like this.

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Another issue I recently found with mine that I think was contributing to a lot of my problems was a bad power cable. The cable that goes from the power input to the power supply box (black box on the right under the playfield). This cable was bad and I replaced in on Saturday. I was playing and suddenly completely lost power. At first I thought it was a fuse, but it was definitely this cable. This was definitely a cable manufacture problem. I've never seen one of these cables fail like this.

That is freaking insane. Talk about a real screw up in the manufacturing process of junk.
Thanks for alerting. Hopefully this is all worked out too.

By the way like the Tempest in the background.

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

That is freaking insane. Talk about a real screw up in the manufacturing process of junk.
Thanks for alerting. Hopefully this is all worked out too.
By the way like the Tempest in the background.

I think it is highly likely that this was a one-off situation. I only posted this in case there was a batch of bad power cables for that early run. Worthwhile to wiggle your cable and see if there is any issue.

#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think you're looking for a different thread. This thread is for discussing the Pinball Brothers Alien(s) pinball machine.

No, this thread could be relevant for my questions. So anyone knows when the next Alien movie come out?

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

No, this thread could be relevant for my questions. So anyone knows when the next Alien movie come out?

It is not relevant. Go to a movies thread. We have enough miscellaneous conversation in this thread as it is.

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I tried 2.2F and it gave me the same screwy coil strength behavior as I had with 2.2G. I downgraded to 2.2D again and the same behavior existed until I went into the coil settings and updated them to the correct values. Even though the correct values displayed, the system was not honoring them. So I guess PB was wise to stop at 2.2D for their public beta. I haven't tried 2.2E yet... maybe I will later. 2.2D does seem to be the most stable build so far though.

#3681 2 years ago

I have been running with version D since I got mine in September. Never had a trough issue.

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

It is not relevant. Go to a movies thread. We have enough miscellaneous conversation in this thread as it is.

Well, miscellaneous is ok as long it’s relevant to topic. And my question is in my opinion.

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Well, miscellaneous is ok as long it’s relevant to topic. And my question is in my opinion.

I think you could have googled in the time of the back and forth, but no one knows. Last I read, it's off, and there's a tv series coming instead.

#3684 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Man... who retired and made you Thread Sheriff? You are constantly telling others here what tone they can take and how much criticism is allowed and what tangential topics are "relevant." Are you a moderator? If not, then take a chill pill and let others engage in the discussion as they please.

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Man... who retired and made you Thread Sheriff? You are constantly telling others here what tone they can take and how much criticism is allowed and what tangential topics are "relevant." Are you a moderator? If not, then take a chill pill and let others engage in the discussion as they please.

I'm not the moderator, but I don't like it when people post off topic bullshit. If the moderator wants to take action on it, they can, but I'm expressing my opinion here that off-topic bullshit is not appreciated by me. Negative useless bullshit with no effort to be helpful to anyone in any way is also not appreciated by me.

#3686 2 years ago

brado426 i see you respond so much in this topic that you should ask PB to give you a job @ the factory .... don’t be the guy that people are getting tired from. Anyway back to my game. And yes I own the OG and the new one

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

brado426 i see you respond so much in this topic that you should ask PB to give you a job @ the factory .... don’t be the guy that people are getting tired from. Anyway back to my game. And yes I own the OG and the new one

If people are tired of me trying to help with their games, then I won't help anymore. I don't think that is the case though.

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not the moderator, but I don't like it when people post off topic bullshit. If the moderator wants to take action on it, they can, but I'm expressing my opinion here that off-topic bullshit is not appreciated by me. Negative useless bullshit with no effort to be helpful to anyone in any way is also not appreciated by me.

apessino is good people - brado426 I get your point and we all appreciate the help but chill a little.

back to the ballgame.....I would love to see some LV action. Inner side blades, beacons, etc.

#3689 2 years ago

Yes let’s not hate,just debate

Back to the silverball

#3690 2 years ago

So are there any art blades for this game if you aren't an LV owner? I'm not seeing them on the pinblades sites.

#3691 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Worthwhile to wiggle your cable and see if there is any issue.

Strong work

#3692 2 years ago

I've been on the fence for a long time on this one - the theme is one I desperately want, I am the biggest Alien fan! The gameplay, the modes, the sound, the theme integration all look incredible. BUT... Seeing all the issues in this thread really put me off somewhat.

However, after ordering a Halloween and seeing how that is continually improving as Spooky pump them out, I'm being optimistic and assuming PB will also refine their code and production process. So - that said, I have finally caved and reserved an LV!

I found the reveal a bit underwhelming as most did, but I think I'm going to just love this machine whenever it arrives. I think this and Halloween are the most hyped I've ever been for any pins. Someone just has to make a modern BTTF and I think I'm set for life!

#3693 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Easiest part of the game is bashing the Queen standups for multiball. The xeno tongue capturing the ball is exciting, but may lose its appeal to your kids after a dozen or so games.

The pin in general has a difficult layout to master at first. It isn't like a lot of pins where you can haphazardly bat the ball around and still make all the shots. Actually, it can come off as very clunky game to the first time player.

After you have played a while and understand the layout the game has an amazing flow that will keep you coming back for more.

Full disclosure- this is based off the play of my original Heighway Alien.

#3694 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My kids are 7 and 8. The videos are pretty short so they aren’t scared. They like playing it especially when the Alien eats the ball. There is some swearing but they know if they hear that word it’s not acceptable to say and there isn’t much

I'll tell you what.. having this game made my kids want to watch the films, and I finally broke down and let them watch it (with me). I said it was scary, but they werent scared... Now Alien is their favorite game in the house.

#3695 2 years ago

My beacons arrived today. I had to hook them up just to see how they look and to me, they look perfect. Not too bright... not too dim.

I tested the power consumption and both on together take about 400 - 500 mA. So pretty low power draw.

I'm not currently planning on actually connecting these to the game any time soon, but I am devising a plan to move in that direction for the future. I love the look of these things though... this is the style I was after. Just seeing the beacons sitting on top of the game makes it look complete, even if turned off.

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My beacons arrived today. I had to hook them up just to see how they look and to me, they look perfect. Not too bright... not too dim.
I tested the power consumption and both on together take about 400 - 500 mA. So pretty low power draw.
I'm not currently planning on actually connecting these to the game any time soon, but I am devising a plan to move in that direction for the future. I love the look of these things though... this is the style I was after. Just seeing the beacons sitting on top of the game makes it look complete, even if turned off.

Which ones are these?

#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Which ones are these?

It is these: ebay.com link: ... but DISCLAIMER: This project is in the investigative phase, so not 100% sure I will use these.

Pros: Perfect look, low power consumption, no moving parts, 12V

Cons: Starts in Flasher mode (not rotate mode). There's a button to switch to rotate mode, but no easy way to power on in rotate mode as far as I can tell. I have a potential solution to solve this that I'm pretty confident about and have ordered the part I need to do it. Will let you know how it goes.

#3698 2 years ago

I received my V3 targets today. Besides the 3D printed "clip", anyone else tried anything else to keep them aligned? They bend out of alignment with zero force in my hand. I'm thinking a thin 3M adhesive I have at hand or just epoxy that sandwich together. Thoughts?

#3699 2 years ago

Here is the vessel that is picking up next batch of SV's for Cointaker. Couple of weeks on the sea, then in NY port on 11/11. At Coin on 11/15 if all goes well. Xenomorph is whats for dinner on Thanksgiving!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Here is the vessel that is picking up next batch of SV's for Cointaker. Couple of weeks on the sea, then in NY port on 11/11. At Coin on 11/15 if all goes well. Xenomorph is whats for dinner on Thanksgiving!!
[quoted image]

I see mine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/74?hl=s000m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.