20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 376.
#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I never said shut down discussion... I said share solutions with a positive attitude.... not just "It's broken and I'm hopeless" complaints.

You said "don't complain without posting solutions", therefore, if you have an issue with no solution, you think we shouldn't post about it

Quoted from Zablon:

I'd say we're all still early adopters.

I guess that's my point, yeah. The games still aren't reliable enough to be considered solid, reliable games. If you buy one right now, you should expect the 'early adopter' experience still. The hardware is definitely getting better as they iron out issues, and I'm hopeful the 2.3 software update will come out eventually and fix all the crashes, but most of the crashes have been around since the initial release with no improvement

Quoted from pinballjj:

anyone catch why the owner in the video needs to replace the playfield?

A few playfields have had pooling around some of the posts. They've been sending out a new post for in front of the upper right flipper which has been the most common case, but there's still other places that aren't hammered by the ball that are also pooling on some.

#3502 2 years ago

The most problematic thing has been the Xeno mouth/tongue randomly deciding not to set itself on boot up (which requires a reboot)

Yep. Mine to.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

anyone catch why the owner in the video needs to replace the playfield?

Hi, thanks for watching.

There had been some pooling but also the post just below the top right flipper was not the correct size. The thread was too short I believe so the post had started to wobble, create pooling and some of the artwork chipped as a result. As I understand it Pinball Brothers now supply a post with a longer thread which doesn't have any movement so the problem has been resolved.

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So do we have people with a confirmed working game that doesn't need restarted every now and again and is doing what is supposed to do for long periods of time? I was under the impression we did but I dont see a whole bunch speaking up.

No issues with mine. Update software and play for a month.

#3505 2 years ago

Well that last reply is at least some good news. As far as the other question I was looking for something like "I have played this game on and off for weeks at a time without issues and would trust it on location" kind of stability.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Well that last reply is at least some good news. As far as the other question I was looking for something like "I have played this game on and off for weeks at a time without issues and would trust it on location" kind of stability.

Wish I could advise further but location ownership is revenue so it would be foolish for me to advise you would not have issues. At this point the game seems pretty solid and a wise purchase due to the incredible game play.

#3507 2 years ago

Is there any cliffys for this pin? It’s going to start wearing on the out hole. I might put Mylar if there isn’t

#3508 2 years ago

I have an LV on order and usually put games straight on location but this one will definitely come home first to make sure it's stable. AND for me to rigorously test it.

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there any cliffys for this pin? It’s going to start wearing on the out hole. I might put Mylar if there isn’t

Yes ask Cato to send you a protector for the airlock.

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You said "don't complain without posting solutions", therefore, if you have an issue with no solution, you think we shouldn't post about it.

That's right.... don't just be a whiner, "My stuffs broke... I'm doomed. PB sucks... my life sucks." Tell us what you tried... what helped... what didn't? And when it is fixed... what was the fix?

#3511 2 years ago

Any ETA on when the LV is actually going to be shown?

#3512 2 years ago

My game is playing really well right now and I haven’t even installed the v3 targets. I made a simple change to my v2 targets and they are holding up quite well. Ever since I adjusted my trough release power to 30% weaker I have not had any issues with that either. Hard game tho, you definitely have to learn your shots and the left out lane can kick your ass. For the money your getting a premium game and IMO it’s the best choice out there besides maybe a premium Godzilla or Spooky HWN/UM.

#3513 2 years ago

Hey all,

We just unboxed a new Alien and the left flip button is dead on arrival. Flipper coil activates in test mode. Leaf switch is gapped fine. Cleaned it with paper in case of gunk.

Any one have this issue or advice?

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yes ask Cato to send you a protector for the airlock.

I’m not sure if the airlock protector is the same as was on the OG LE, but if it’s the same that came from highway, it was crap and basically got destroyed after a few months of light play. Cliffy had a set for the OG Alien and his airlock protector was far superior! I’ll definitely purchase from Cliff if the one Cato sends is an OG part.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:Hey all,
We just unboxed a new Alien and the left flip button is dead on arrival. Flipper coil activates in test mode. Leaf switch is gapped fine. Cleaned it with paper in case of gunk.

I don't have one, but I'd verify connectivity of both flipper button wires and compare the right and left sides from behind the button to the board they connect to.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I’m not sure if the airlock protector is the same as was on the OG LE, but if it’s the same that came from highway, it was crap and basically got destroyed after a few months of light play. Cliffy had a set for the OG Alien and his airlock protector was far superior! I’ll definitely purchase from Cliff if the one Cato sends is an OG part.

Had this issue on unboxing ( did travel thousands of miles in a boat). Check and reseat all of the plugs around the black box in the pinball base cabinet. They are labeled. One plug is the HV flippers. Reseat them, then reboot and you should be good.

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hey all,

Sorry that message was for you. I linked the wrong comment sorry.

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Any ETA on when the LV is actually going to be shown?

Who knows......not much from PB . So odd. Zero communication to keep us excited. We are not buying some cheap stuff. I guess they just know we are here and ready to buy a dream theme

#3519 2 years ago

Finally got a decent score after playing alien for 3 hours. Great pin!

2501EFD1-ED25-4333-A189-BF2A64F50424 (resized).jpeg2501EFD1-ED25-4333-A189-BF2A64F50424 (resized).jpeg
#3520 2 years ago

I can’t wait to get mine. I’ve watched so many gameplay videos at this point. I NEEEEED IT. haha. I ordered my standard on March 2nd.

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

It is not the same as the OG , I already made that mistake. He may be making them for PB Alien now not sure

#3522 2 years ago

Can't wait for my LV. Been on the interested list on CT and the wait seems like forever already. Apparently, 700 coming to USA and 50 to Canada. Very much looking forward to it.

#3523 2 years ago

Melissa from Cointaker emailed me today and stated the next shipment is arriving in the NYC port on 11/11. Then another very soon after that one. Sounds like lots of alien pins will be coming to homes mid to late November. Can’t wait.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I never said shut down discussion... I said share solutions with a positive attitude.... not just "It's broken and I'm hopeless" complaints.

As stated earlier there are no good solutions right now. People posted saying the game has no issues but I started posting and a pile of people have the same issues as I do. As of right now I think people have a right to be upset about this kind of stuff because of the cost involved and the warranty only covering parts.

As I alluded to before I shouldn't have to do all the work myself (can you imagine a car company with a vehicle having all of these problems) or paying someone to do it. Service is still service. Issues being resolved I don't see how right now. This is why I put out a warning for future Alien owners as they will have these issues.

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

As stated earlier there are no good solutions right now. People posted saying the game has no issues but I started posting and a pile of people have the same issues as I do. As of right now I think people have a right to be upset about this kind of stuff because of the cost involved and the warranty only covering parts.
As I alluded to before I shouldn't have to do all the work myself (can you imagine a car company with a vehicle having all of these problems) or paying someone to do it. Service is still service. Issues being resolved I don't see how right now. This is why I put out a warning for future Alien owners as they will have these issues.

Once again, you're just complaining.... If this was your first pinball machine or something, then I'd understand why you might be surprised or upset. You're complaining about not wanting to replace parts yourself? You're in the wrong hobby dude.... it is not for you.

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Melissa from Cointaker emailed me today and stated the next shipment is arriving in the NYC port on 11/11. Then another very soon after that one. Sounds like lots of alien pins will be coming to homes mid to late November. Can’t wait.

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Who knows......not much from PB. So odd. Zero communication to keep us excited. We are not buying some cheap stuff. I guess they just know we are here and ready to buy a dream theme

Look for it after the two shipments roll in.

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Look for it after the two shipments roll in.

Got some behind the scenes video of this happening at the CoinTaker warehouse…

D475B9B2-6AB1-4D7B-BFDE-DBE8552C1E51.gifD475B9B2-6AB1-4D7B-BFDE-DBE8552C1E51.gif
#3528 2 years ago

Anyone watch the tv show called , movies that made us ???

I watched Alien's one last night...very interesting....let me know your thoughts after watching. I found 3 nuggets that I had no idea about.

A few others you might like.

Halloween
Back to the future
Ghostbusters
Die hard
Jurassic park

and finally Coming to America was good. The original title will make you laugh.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81253985?trackId=14277283&tctx=-97%2C-97%2C%2C%2C%2C

#3529 2 years ago

Anyone have any ETA communicated for Alien LV deliveries from Cointaker? I was provided a number in the 30's. Just trying to ball park it and don't want to bother Melissa and Cointaker unnecessarily. Thanks

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have any ETA communicated for Alien LV deliveries from Cointaker? I was provided a number in the 30's. Just trying to ball park it and don't want to bother Melissa and Cointaker unnecessarily. Thanks

I'd guess LV's are a ways off. I took over an SV that was supposed to be delivered in August but is now supposed to be the beginning to middle of November.

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Just a guess but as they haven’t even shown the LV yet and are close to 11 months into only finishing 50 ish of the SV games I think it’s safe to say you won’t see that game home till next year. Several months in.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a guess but as they haven’t even shown the LV yet and are close to 11 months into only finishing 50 ish of the SV games I think it’s safe to say you won’t see that game home till next year. Several months in.

50-ish worldwide? Does anyone know how the serial numbers run?

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Anyone watch the tv show called , movies that made us ???
I watched Alien's one last night...very interesting....let me know your thoughts after watching. I found 3 nuggets that I had no idea about.
A few others you might like.
Halloween
Back to the future
Ghostbusters
Die hard
Jurassic park
and finally Coming to America was good. The original title will make you laugh.
https://www.netflix.com/watch/81253985?trackId=14277283&tctx=-97%2C-97%2C%2C%2C%2C

If you haven't seen it, Eli Roth's History of Horror is a pretty good one too. It's on its 3rd season.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you haven't seen it, Eli Roth's History of Horror is a pretty good one too. It's on its 3rd season.

Loved It!!!!

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking forward to seeing Queen tables arrive some time in 2036

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I'm hearing some will be available before Christmas. I was inquiring b/c I plan on selling my Alien standard to get the LV but don't want to be left high and dry if they get delayed so I'll prob just hold onto mine until I know the LE is on the boat and coming to the US. My standard continues to play perfectly fine.

#3537 2 years ago

I received an email from Pinball Brothers this am. All current units shipping this month have fixes for most items called out on their support page in place and all have Gen 3 targets installed. So perhaps this batch will have less issues? i am optimistic.

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I received an email from Pinball Brothers this am. All current units shipping this month have fixes for most items called out on their support page in place and all have Gen 3 targets installed. So perhaps this batch will have less issues? i am optimistic.

For sure, there were a lot of pins with minimal issues on the first runs and now they are fixing common issues as they are presented. I just had a v1 target fail last night so I will install a v3 to replace it. They are also sending me the scoop protector and upgraded flipper bats. It’s great to see them backing their product and continuing to address issues.

#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

They haven't even shown a working LV in any video or pictures and you're wondering when they ship?!

#3540 2 years ago

I still haven't seen any v3's. Are people just getting them in the mail, or are people opening tickets to get them?

I wonder if they've done any code updates, since really that seems to be the bulk of the issues many people are having.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They haven't even shown a working LV in any video or pictures and you're wondering when they ship?!

Well to be fair, they barely showed any SV working videos or pictures...

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hopefully this includes the games on a boat right now!

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hopefully this includes the games on a boat right now!

Games on container to USA are leaving Genoa on 11/11 due in NYC on 11/15. Vienna Express is the vessel carrying.

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still haven't seen any v3's. Are people just getting them in the mail, or are people opening tickets to get them?

They were included with my latest package, but I had opened tickets about other parts...

Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder if they've done any code updates, since really that seems to be the bulk of the issues many people are having

I've heard private testers are as far as 2.2G/H I think, publicly they're still on 2.2 or 2.2D (beta). Original units shipped with 2.1 iirc. Definitely hoping to get some more speed on the code releases... I've sent full debug logs for multiple crashes but haven't heard anything back about fixes

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon: I wonder if they've done any code updates, since really that seems to be the bulk of the issues many people are having.

Yeah they need to fix that “You Failed!” message I see on the main screen every time I play.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So do we have people with a confirmed working game that doesn't need restarted every now and again and is doing what is supposed to do for long periods of time? I was under the impression we did but I dont see a whole bunch speaking up.

My main issue is with the APC drop targets. Software constantly stops recognizing hits.

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My main issue is with the APC drop targets. Software constantly stops recognizing hits.

Software? Not a hardware issue?

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That is probably not a software issue because I haven't had any problems with APC not recognizing hits.

This could be the infamous "Interference" problem. Make sure you move all data wires away from power/coil wires the best you can and see if that helps.

The main issue I'm currently working on is the trough eject is sometimes inconsistent and ball falls back into trough. Haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had to open a ticket for everything. Here is what he said he is sending today

FYI.: List on care package.
5 Weapons targets
2 Xeon Targets
1 Chestburster target
1 Scoope protector
4 Flipper bat's

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I had to open a ticket for everything. Here is what he said he is sending today
FYI.: List on care package.
5 Weapons targets
2 Xeon Targets
1 Chestburster target
1 Scoope protector
4 Flipper bat's

and a topper for all your work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/71?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.