Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 377.
#3151 2 years ago

Couple of people have asked what it looks like in the machine. This is the photo I took of it installed in mine. We did remove the little lip off of the bottom of the airlock as you can see in my photo above.

A07F6974-F43A-4758-9D94-ED1E84B5EEC5 (resized).jpegA07F6974-F43A-4758-9D94-ED1E84B5EEC5 (resized).jpeg
#3152 2 years ago

Airlock Mod is sold out for one week. I will re-post when I have more made. Working on a hyper sleep mod soon. Thanks y’all!

52B5366F-F973-474A-A205-4B7802D24BAE (resized).jpeg52B5366F-F973-474A-A205-4B7802D24BAE (resized).jpeg

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If anyone is on the fence, I’d suggest not worrying about differences between the remakes and originals. This is an epic game, get one! LV looks great to me. Transparent OLED for an extra screen mod is coming, or add one to the apron if desired.

They said at the reveal there would be parts for OG owners, updated I/O boards among them. The owner of PB, Roger, sold me his own OG and said he would do what he could to help. Fortunately, that hasn’t been needed. The hassle factor is worth owning Alien, OG or remake.

Quoted from dpeck3:

I just posted these in the marketplace. I have three left in this batch. I plan to make more if the demand is there. Price is $63 and that includes shipping. Mounts over existing airlock cover. Use double-sided tape or existing screws. Comes as you see photographed. Purchase in the marketplace or message me for purchase. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’d like to get in on the next batch of these!

#3155 2 years ago

different article but:

In November, the store will be set up around Art and Design, and will showcase a line up of collaborative pieces including the work of Japanese designer Tokolo, a limited-edition bear from Steiff and a soon-to-be-released Queen pinball machine.\

Pics are hard to see, but it almost looks like a alien retheme? EDIT: different picture shows it is not a retheme.
queen (resized).JPGqueen (resized).JPG

This is sure to excite a lot of people.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

different article but:
In November, the store will be set up around Art and Design, and will showcase a line up of collaborative pieces including the work of Japanese designer Tokolo, a limited-edition bear from Steiff and a soon-to-be-released Queen pinball machine.\
Pics are hard to see, but it almost looks like a alien retheme?

The machine definitely has the Pinball Bros logo on it.

#3157 2 years ago

Well, if they used a computer designed pic for the LV reveal they're surely not above using one in that add. Interesting though! I'd say that almost confirms it. *edit that looks like an actual photo! How could they show this BEFORE alien LV.

#3158 2 years ago

Looks like only 1 ramp, lots of single drop targets blocking shot paths and upper right playfield.

Should be interesting looking forward to seeing more. Wonder if it's also a widebody..for the fat bottom girls

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Well, if they used a computer designed pic for the LV reveal they're surely not above using one in that add. Interesting though! I'd say that almost confirms it. *edit that looks like an actual photo! How could they show this BEFORE alien LV.

This wasn't PB, this was in the Queen pop up store and news regarding it. It's sitting there. PB had no say in it I'm sure. THere are 2-3 photos of it out there, not all on the same articles. Probably a proto, but definitely the real deal.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
queen3 (resized).JPGqueen3 (resized).JPG

I think the cat is out of the bag. Pinside will be going nuts shortly. A lot of people been wanting a Queen pin.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This wasn't PB, this was in the Queen pop up store and news regarding it. It's sitting there. PB had no say in it I'm sure. THere are 2-3 photos of it out there, not all on the same articles. Probably a proto, but definitely the real deal.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I think the cat is out of the bag. Pinside will be going nuts shortly. A lot of people been wanting a Queen pin.

looks like a mando-esque playfield upper right side of pin? interesting.

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It clearly says pinball brothers under the color display monitor. They own it and would definitely have a say when it would be revealed

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It clearly says pinball brothers under the color display monitor. They own it and would definitely have a say when it would be revealed

The license owners make that call. The people doing the reveals were the license owners. They would have given the OK. Thus I doubt PB had any input..maybe they were made aware, maybe not. Who knows, they aren't the best at news.

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The license owners make that call. The people doing the reveals were the license owners. They would have given the OK.

Huh? Who owns the license to make queen pinball machines? Oh yeah, pinball brothers. And by "giving them the ok" you mean that pinball brothers allowed the photos..which is what i said. You're contradicting yourself. Just Stop! Too early for this shit today.

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Huh? Who owns the license to make queen pinball machines? Oh yeah, pinball brothers.

That's not exactly how it works. Queen (and whoever owns them) owns the license. PB just own the rights to use the assets. Any use of assets or release of media with assets has to be cleared by those rights owners. Not the other way around. PB doesn't dictate what or when things can be shown is what I was saying. I doubt very much they had much say in if those photos were released. That is generally how it works. Not that in the end it matters much...this is pretty much a leak. I'm sure someone is not happy about the timing lol.

#3165 2 years ago

Great find.....I want one.

#3166 2 years ago

Whats the word for when you have the rights to use the assets? Oh yeah, a LICENSE.

Quoted from Zablon:

..maybe they were made aware, maybe not. Who knows,

clearly not you

Shhhh , i'm getting a headache

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Whats the word for when you have the rights to use the assets? Oh yeah, a LICENSE.

clearly not you
Shhhh , i'm getting a headache

The nuance of the topic has apparently went over your head. Go back to bed!

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The nuance of the topic has apparently went over your head. Go back to bed!

HAHA......I bet we know someone in London who can go take pictures for us...

Wanna make a POST? part time detective needed for 2 hours in London...

#3169 2 years ago

I have some information for early adopters and maybe not-so early adopters. I feel I need to share this because this info would have saved me countless troubleshooting hours if I had it earlier. At this point, we are thinking that many of these intermittent issues that we thought were software issues are actually due to electrical interference with the data cables. I have made these modifications as recommended by Cato with excellent results and I recommend you do the same. I believe it solves (or at least significantly decreases the issue where the ball was getting stuck in MUTHUR, AIRLOCK, TROUGH, and HYPERSLEEP LOCK where a flipper hit continued. I haven't seen that happen in two days now.

My understanding is that this modification is already being made on newer machines, so you may not need to do it:

Remove the cable circled in the below picture. It is zip-tied to all the coil wires, so cut the zip-ties to get it out. Also remove the RJ45 (for mine it is a black cable) that goes from the box to the right side of the playfield.
movecable (resized).pngmovecable (resized).png

Run both of those cables plus the green board inter-connects through one of these wire guides and screw it to the very back of the playfield as shown in the below pictures.
loop (resized).pngloop (resized).png

This seems to have completely eliminated the intermittent issues I was seeing.

Additionally, let me share my current COIL settings.... Anything not listed here is set to FACTORY DEFAULT:

DROP RESET: 25% Stronger
LEFT EJECT: 50% Weaker
CENTRE MAGNET: 25% Stronger

That's it... Be sure to zip-tie everything back up. Give it a try and let us know if it helps you.

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

HAHA......I bet we know someone in London who can go take pictures for us...
Wanna make a POST? part time detective needed for 2 hours in London...

There's already a post for it. Someone posted some caps from a youtube video of the pf.

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's already a post for it. Someone posted some caps from a youtube video of the pf.

Damn, maybe I need to go back to bed...

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Damn, maybe I need to go back to bed...

I volunteer to be a Queen Beta tester , it’s really the only music pin I’ve ever wanted

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I volunteer to be a Queen Beta tester , it’s really the only music pin I’ve ever wanted

Same here.....if I were to buy another music pin this would be it..I did have ACDC for awhile...

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I have zero comment on Queen. But I'll tell you this: it would be nice if you could just have this mythical LICENSE and then do whatever you wanted with it.

It doesn't work that way.

I think at least in this particular instance that we can assume I know more about the topic, when it comes to pinball, than a lot of people.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have zero comment on Queen. But I'll tell you this: it would be nice if you could just have this mythical LICENSE and then do whatever you wanted with it.
It doesn't work that way.
I think at least in this particular instance that we can assume I know more about the topic, when it comes to pinball, than a lot of people.

That's why the real winners just do it, and ask forgiveness later

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Remove the cable circled in the below picture. It is zip-tied to all the coil wires, so cut the zip-ties to get it out. Also remove the RJ45 (for mine it is a black cable) that goes from the box to the right side of the playfield.
[quoted image]
Run both of those cables plus the green board inter-connects through one of these wire guides and screw it to the very back of the playfield as shown in the below pictures.
[quoted image]
This seems to have completely eliminated the intermittent issues I was seeing.
Additionally, let me share my current COIL settings.... Anything not listed here is set to FACTORY DEFAULT:
DROP RESET: 25% Stronger
LEFT EJECT: 50% Weaker
CENTRE MAGNET: 25% Stronger
That's it... Be sure to zip-tie everything back up. Give it a try and let us know if it helps you.

Hi Brado, thanks for posting this. I may need some clarification , in my case I have a white RJ45 as pictured , however it goes to the backbox computer and is already too tight to be re-routed when the backbox is down it's very tight. The black one which is right below it goes to the right side of the playfield and is grouped with the coil wires. Is that the cable we're talking about?

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's why the real winners just do it, and ask forgiveness later

ya that worked out great for Predator

#3178 2 years ago

Did anyone receive other information after paying (Cointaker) about shipping?

All that was found was 7-10 days before its on the water…

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did anyone receive other information after paying (Cointaker) about shipping?
All that was found was 7-10 days before its on the water…

Not if you don't bother them. After I paid in May I heard nothing until it was ready to ship - a week or so ago.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Hi Brado, thanks for posting this. I may need some clarification , in my case I have a white RJ45 as pictured , however it goes to the backbox computer and is already too tight to be re-routed when the backbox is down it's very tight. The black one which is right below it goes to the right side of the playfield and is grouped with the coil wires. Is that the cable we're talking about?

Yes... the black cable that goes to the right side of the playfield is the cable you want to route through the loop and away from the coil wires. When you're done, there should be nothing zip-tied with those coil wires except the coil wires. I have my white cable that goes to the backbox running through that loop too just for cable management... but maybe mine is longer or something. The critical ones are the black RJ45 and the cable shown in the picture.

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not if you don't bother them. After I paid in May I heard nothing until it was ready to ship - a week or so ago.

I exchanged email with Melissa the other day.. The shipment due to leave on 9/15 did not. PB was making last changes to the units ready to go. Plan was to have these units loaded on ship this week then set sail. You add in 3 weeks travel and whatnot, looks like 3rd week of October before they are stateside.

#3182 2 years ago

Is $8,195 (amount paid) the final amount or was shipping (besides the $400ish) stacked on top?

Asked a different way, has anyone paid more than $8,195 to receive the machine?

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Is $8,195 (amount paid) the final amount or was shipping (besides the $400ish) stacked on top?
Asked a different way, has anyone paid more than $8,195 to receive the machine?

That was "including shipping" for me. Advertized as 7777 plus flat extra rate for shipping to equal 8195.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That was "including shipping" for me. Advertized as 7777 plus flat extra rate for shipping to equal 8195.

$8,195 is what I paid total delivered to Texas.

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

$8,195 is what I paid total delivered to Texas.

Same here

#3186 2 years ago

Can anyone sum up today's events for me. Has Pinball Bros Queen been leaked or not?

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Can anyone sum up today's events for me. Has Pinball Bros Queen been leaked or not?

CoinTaker says it has.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

CoinTaker says it has.
[quoted image]

Im not sure it is official, i think it is just a prototype model that was secured for this pop up queen event. 1 of a kind?? although, knowing how they released the LV information, they could not let this be it.. they have to do something more?

#3189 2 years ago

Is this not an Alien thread... Why not talk about this QUEEN!!

CI_64300_1339638654 (resized).jpgCI_64300_1339638654 (resized).jpg
#3190 2 years ago

PB should of worked in conjunction with queen to do a proper unveiling.. also, i hope that's not the actual cabinet art package. Seems like they maybe didn't even hire an artist and just did that one in house?!
Agreed.. back to queen zeno

#3191 2 years ago

That Queen pinball machine is UGLY..lol Looks like someone threw up on a playfield...

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That Queen pinball machine is UGLY..lol Looks like someone threw up on a playfield...

Looks very uninspired layout wise

#3193 2 years ago

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Alien pinball!

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Alien pinball!

Agreed. I think I am going to send my armor, legs and lockdown bar ect to get chromed. I think that will look good on the SV Alien.

Thoughts?

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Another band that just shouldn't be done, Metal and pinball works everything else pretty much stinks. I'm a Queen fan but there's only a few songs that have pinball energy. I think PBs needs to concentrate on getting out working Aliens before even considering anything else.

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Agreed. I think I am going to send my armor, legs and lockdown bar ect to get chromed. I think that will look good on the SV Alien.
Thoughts?

Just sent mine off to be coated in Midnight Shadow. It's a blue color from prismatic powders. Can't wait to see how it looks! Should have them back next week.

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thoughts?

I had posted awhile ago, but I'm probably going with this combo that Robertstone0407 did for another game. Should look nice on my Alien SE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/9#post-4093157

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I had posted awhile ago, but I'm probably going with this combo that Robertstone0407 did for another game. Should look nice on my Alien SE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/9#post-4093157

Looks good! I bet pictures don't do this powder coating affect justice!

#3199 2 years ago

Has anyone that's in the $1 interest list club been notified about preordering yet, or should we start reaching out to Cointaker directly?

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from driph:

Has anyone that's in the $1 interest list club been notified about preordering yet, or should we start reaching out to Cointaker directly?

I was, but I would have been pretty early on the list. They are automatically sending out invoices. I assume they aren't hitting everyone up though, probably only a certain allotment for now. I would reach out and ask to be sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/64?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.