2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 372.
#3101 2 years ago

Quoted from Dee-Bow:Can you type that again using less of a german accent. You're offending the snowflakes
I swear half these peeps don't even know who Andrew is.

#3102 2 years ago

The second magnet was a feature that should be available on HW playfield, but they later get in trouble with the space beneath the playfield.
There was also an idea to use a drop target in front of the switch, designed as a chest burster... sad it wasn't realized on PB-ALIEN, too.
You can see this feature on early drafts of the playfield.

#3103 2 years ago

#3104 2 years ago

If u dont love fat mike.. we cant be friends

#3105 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If u dont love fat mike.. we cant be friends

An old Mohawked punk in a mini skirt and garters....what's not to love. God damn I love California!

#3106 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

An old Mohawked punk in a mini skirt and garters....what's not to love. God damn I love California!

Also loved my Heighway OG but my PB model was too sweet. Out with the old and in with the new. I'm surprised he isn't advocating for wood rails and no flippers

#3107 2 years ago

You can't stop progress

#3108 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They never said it- where? On here? C'mon man. You're not the only person in contact with them. Love your enthusiasm but your grasp of reality is a bit off. He's been in personal contact with them for years. Your buddy cato has Avrell on speed dial. Smh

WTH? What does any of that have to do with the fact that they never said they were supporting the old Heighway Robbery version? If you're saying that they may have said it to one or two people in private and you think they may support it based on that, give me a break!!!! That is totally irrelvant.

#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

WTH? What does any of that have to do with the fact that they never said they were supporting the old Heighway Robbery version? If you're saying that they may have said it to one or two people in private somewhere, give me a break!!
That's pretty irrelevant.

#3110 2 years ago

Hats off to you for putting in the time and dedication. (Seriously).

I know some of those mods will be coming over to the PB machines and we're all looking forward to them.

Time to get back to enjoying some pinball.

Quoted from Averell:

McDoom:
There was no customer support at all.
I bought this LE from a Pinhead in Austria... in a good condition.
All the customizing was done by myself with the support by the community.
Heighway was bankrupt and PB just gave their permission to Brian for a software update.
But later on we had software support by Brian Dominy and help by Joe Schober for the Rulesheet I wrote togehter with Per Herrman.
We also tested a lot and made a lot of spare parts via 3D printing, etc.
And not to forget the amazing Apron made by MK6Pin and this cool Motion Tracker from Vimtoman and other mods.

#3111 2 years ago

If anyone is on the fence, I’d suggest not worrying about differences between the remakes and originals. This is an epic game, get one! LV looks great to me. Transparent OLED for an extra screen mod is coming, or add one to the apron if desired.

Quoted from brado426:

WTH? What does any of that have to do with the fact that they never said they were supporting the old Heighway Robbery version? If you're saying that they may have said it to one or two people in private and you think they may support it based on that, give me a break!!!! That is totally irrelvant.

They said at the reveal there would be parts for OG owners, updated I/O boards among them. The owner of PB, Roger, sold me his own OG and said he would do what he could to help. Fortunately, that hasn’t been needed. The hassle factor is worth owning Alien, OG or remake.

#3112 2 years ago

I realize the Pinball Brothers did a lot of things wrong with their LV announcement (not even a picture of the ACTUAL game?? sigh) but did they at least announce a SHIPPING date/quarter for the LVs? I assume it would be Q1 or Q2 2022 at this point? Any ideas?

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I realize the Pinball Brothers did a lot of things wrong with their LV announcement (not even a picture of the ACTUAL game?? sigh) but did they at least announce a SHIPPING date/quarter for the LVs? I assume it would be Q1 or Q2 2022 at this point? Any ideas?

Pinball Brothers should have announced the LV and the SV at the same time However, the LV still looks good.

This being a dream theme of mine, I couldn't pass up on the SV price especially with all the price increases going on. I plan on upgrading my SV much as possible.

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Pinball Brothers should have announced the LV and the SV at the same time However, the LV still looks good.
This being a dream theme of mine, I couldn't pass up on the SV price especially with all the price increases going on. I plan on upgrading my SV much as possible.

Make it a Quasi LV and who knows a XV one day...haha

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Make it a Quasi LV and who knows a XV one day...haha

No XV unless they reverse course.

Question is what is exclusive to LV vs SV. If they don’t make options exclusive to LV they will not sell 1000. However I think they will be smart about making them exclusive.

AAF89B9D-875B-400E-9CE3-9B6C19F61660 (resized).jpegAAF89B9D-875B-400E-9CE3-9B6C19F61660 (resized).jpeg
#3116 2 years ago

LV deposit in. It’s been a LOOOoOoOoOoOooooonnnnnngggggg ride. Super stoked to have this title back in the house. Look forward to the sequel in the future!

#3117 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm surprised he isn't advocating for wood rails and no flippers

Nah, he probably would want to get an early rev OG w problems, not know how to fix it, keep it a short time, put stupid blue beacons on it, then move to the next….Averell gave (gives) a lot to the Alien community, and your comment was just enough to achieve clarity, distancing me from this shit…..

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question is what is exclusive to LV vs SV. If they don’t make options exclusive to LV they will not sell 1000. However I think they will be smart about making them exclusive.[quoted image]

I guess I'm glad that there is no XV so I don't have to worry about buyers remorse on the LV, but I was reeeaally hoping for that huge screen in the backbox. Still, I think the LV is going to be fantastic. The artwork is just stunning imho

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's the one feature i wish was on the OG. Seems like it should have the magnet up there!

That hyper sleep shot is tough so it really helps.

Quoted from Mzis:

I guess I'm glad that there is no XV so I don't have to worry about buyers remorse on the LV, but I was reeeaally hoping for that huge screen in the backbox. Still, I think the LV is going to be fantastic. The artwork is just stunning imho

It will be beautiful

#3120 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you should go start another thread if you can't handle some adult conversations. Nobody is jealous and you probably have many bigger things to be embarrassed about. Seriously, you add nothing.

Noticed there were a ton of posts on this thread….checked in and it’s just Dee-Bow getting downvoted, proving he continues to be a joke. The definition of embarrassing.

Keep on acting like a fool dee-bow. We’ll just continue laughing at you chump.

#3121 2 years ago

Paid.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question is what is exclusive to LV vs SV. If they don’t make options exclusive to LV they will not sell 1000. However I think they will be smart about making them exclusive.[quoted image]

“Is” as opposed to “there will never be”…..catch the distinction?

#3123 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

“Is” as opposed to “there will never be”…..catch the distinction?

Yeah, that’s how I read it too, right after dropping a deposit for the LV!

#3124 2 years ago

I spoke to Cato this morning. The LV will only get a shaker motor option. The rest of the options (Translite, Topper, Side Art) are limited to the LV.

Whilst I get the decision I can't understand why they wouldn't reward early adopters with at least the option of buying a Topper....

I've heard of 'Ali Express' options for the topper. Can anyone link me a version I could just fit myself?

#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I spoke to Cato this morning. The LV will only get a shaker motor option. The rest of the options (Translite, Topper, Side Art) are limited to the LV.
Whilst I get the decision I can't understand why they wouldn't reward early adopters with at least the option of buying a Topper....
I've heard of 'Ali Express' options for the topper. Can anyone link me a version I could just fit myself?

I get it - who would drop extra cash if items were not limited?

#3126 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

If only the LV would have software support for the topper then why buy one from Ali when you won't get it to interact properly on any non-LV?

#3127 2 years ago

The topper is 'on-off'. That's not that big of a deal to figure out how to make your own work - probably exactly how they implement it. I don't like the looks of the ones they chose anyway.

No interest in a shaker really.

Got my shipping notice for the motion tracker today!

#3128 2 years ago

Topper meaning Beacons? yeah I still want something between them. Mods can you make us a topper like we are uses too seeing.

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

My understanding is they stopped SV production to start making LV's so they could ship as soon as they started getting invoices. (This is how their FB posts read....but take it with a grain of salt). I would imagine they should start shipping soon.

I cancelled my LV order this morning. I'm happy with the SV, and it's been mostly trouble free. Game is a lot of fun. I don't think anyone will be disappointed in whichever version they get - including OG.

That being said, this game screams mods and eye candy. Bring them on.

#3130 2 years ago

I ordered two of these in yellow (12 volt):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001639417744.html

Cost me about $22 delivered. I'll need to paint them black and come up with a way to mount them. I have no idea if they will work, but I am hoping the 12v is correct as that is what was recommended for the OG Alien. I have also ordered connectors and pins to make cables, assuming that they will plug into the "backbox extension out" header.

I doubt that PB is going to have different firmware for SV vs LV, especially since there are no playfield or mech differences between the two models.

I'm a bit disappointed that the lit side blades won't be available as an accessory, but if that is true then I'm probably going to go with mirror blades. I really liked the look of those that somebody posted further up in the thread.

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The topper is 'on-off'. That's not that big of a deal to figure out how to make your own work - probably exactly how they implement it.

Ya we should be able to figure something out. I’ve ordered these from Amazon and will be eager to see what I can come up with.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PQVG9JH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Y1WD2S5KNZ262CJVF0E6

#3132 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ya we should be able to figure something out. I’ve ordered these from Amazon and will be eager to see what I can come up with.
amazon.com link »

Those are EXACTLY the same as the ones I linked to above from AliExpress. Probably worth spending the extra money to cut down on shipping time (mine took 2 months to arrive).

Assuming the backbox extension connector is where these will attach, I ordered these parts to make a cable:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0039012100/61385
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0039000039/61448

#3133 2 years ago

Hey Guys -- I'm hoping my table is one of the ones being shipped this week to the states, but in anticipation I'm looking at VooDoo glass. I'm pretty sure it's widebody for this table and not standard, correct?

#3134 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Hey Guys -- I'm hoping my table is one of the ones being shipped this week to the states, but in anticipation I'm looking at VooDoo glass. I'm pretty sure it's widebody for this table and not standard, correct?

It is a widebody game.
I just installed a VooDoo glass on Saturday in another game, and it absolutely awesome. It is so clear as if no glass is in the game! Just remember, don't use cleaner that has ammonia in it, it will damage the coating over time.

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

It is a widebody game.
I just installed a VooDoo glass on Saturday in another game, and it absolutely awesome. It is so clear as if no glass is in the game! Just remember, don't use cleaner that has ammonia in it, it will damage the coating over time.

Hold off on buying voodoo for the alien pin.. others have stated that their SV glass has a tint and is low reflectivity. It may have a HD component we are not aware of. If true, you just saved 300 bucks.

#3136 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hold off on buying voodoo for the alien pin.. others have stated that their SV glass has a tint and is low reflectivity. It may have a HD component we are not aware of. If true, you just saved 300 bucks.

I agree with this statement. I really have no motivation to replace the factory glass. Maybe some people are playing this thing with massive florescent lights covering the entire ceiling or something? All I'm saying is see if you like the factory glass first before wasting money on replacing it.

As for all the talk about beacons, I'd want the beacons on my SV too.... but if PB has any desire to keep beacons exclusive to the LV, I'm guessing they will most certainly ensure that the LV has a different firmware that is incompatible with the SV. The options for beacons toppers are already visible in the SV firmware, but who knows? That could just be misleading.

I can tell you that one way or another, my SV will have functioning beacons at some point. That is the only must-have add-on I care about.

#3137 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I agree with this statement. I really have no motivation to replace the factory glass. Maybe some people are playing this thing with massive florescent lights covering the entire ceiling or something? All I'm saying is see if you like the factory glass first before wasting money on replacing it.
As for all the talk about beacons, I'd want the beacons on my SV too.... but if PB has any desire to keep beacons exclusive to the LV, I'm guessing they will most certainly ensure that the LV has a different firmware that is incompatible with the SV. The options for beacons toppers are already visible in the SV firmware, but who knows? That could just be misleading.
I can tell you that one way or another, my SV will have functioning beacons at some point. That is the only must-have add-on I care about.

Amen to this.. i am right with you, i just have no idea how to begin figuring this out. I am going to have to rely on the ingenuity of others and capitalism to bring them to my machine as well. I MUST have beacon toppers.

#3138 2 years ago

Just my suggestion, if you order these lamps, try to get the newer version without screws in the caps.
They are much better for service and keep in mind that the HW-ALIEN use PWM-voltage approx. 7 Volt.
They made this to reduce the noise of the gear.
You have to adjust the setting for the beacons in the service menu, but if you have problems that they don't rotate you need to modify the wiring harness using diodes and capacitors, otherwise it doesn't work properly.
And if these beacons have normal bulbs, remove them and use LED to reduce the power consumption.
Very early version of these beacons had a belt driven gear, but it's nearly impossible to get them. They had the advantage of low noise and very proper functionality.
Good luck

#3139 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I agree you should try it first, I play mine in a dimly lit room in keeping with the whole film production atmosphere and the glass is a non issue.

#3140 2 years ago

I bought some 120v ones (not for this) off amazon that have zero motor noise. They make an amber version as well. There are multiple ways to make this work - even if the code/ power port is locked out via firmware. All we need to know is when they are turned on/off. Regardless of power requirements all you need is a 'activation' lead like on a car stereo amp that tells them to come on. Some ways to make it work will be prettier than others, but it's not like these are being moved around constantly.

When do the beacons actually activate on the HWY?

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I bought some 120v ones (not for this) off amazon that have zero motor noise. They make an amber version as well. There are multiple ways to make this work - even if the code/ power port is locked out via firmware. All we need to know is when they are turned on/off. Regardless of power requirements all you need is a 'activation' lead like on a car stereo amp that tells them to come on. Some ways to make it work will be prettier than others, but it's not like these are being moved around constantly.
When do the beacons actually activate on the HWY?

Looks like they at least come on momentarily on game over. I'm guessing they come on during multi-balls too.

#3142 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are multiple ways to make this work - even if the code/ power port is locked out via firmware. All we need to know is when they are turned on/off. Regardless of power requirements all you need is a 'activation' lead like on a car stereo amp that tells them to come on. Some ways to make it work will be prettier than others, but it's not like these are being moved around constantly.

Yes I tend to use external power sources for any mods requiring significant power, usually using opto isolators to provide the necessary signal input and isolate from the game logic. (See my partially finished Elvira topper vid below) Or if you’re so inclined you could go the arduino route.

#3143 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Looks like they at least come on momentarily on game over. I'm guessing they come on during multi-balls too.

These look more like the ones from the movie. Why did Pinball Bros go with the short chopped off ones instead of just sticking with these?

#3144 2 years ago

Beacons at HW-ALIEN are activated:

• Attract Mode (after 1 game is played - remaining software bug) and if setting "Amode Beacon" (ON)
• Sentry Guns
• Queens Nest
• All Out War

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Beacons at HW-ALIEN are activated:
• Attract Mode (after 1 game is played - remaining software bug) and if setting "Amode Beacon" (ON)
• Sentry Guns
• Queens Nest
• All Out War

Not during power loader battle? Interesting

#3146 2 years ago

Could be, it's a long time that I checked this... but Loader Battle should be implemented, too.

#3147 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Could be, it's a long time that I checked this... but Loader Battle should be implemented, too.

Come on now…… to me most obvious would be Self Destruct it has to be meant for that no? Certainly where I would do it

#3148 2 years ago

Yes, you're right... I remember Self Destruct during test period with software version 1.4 - Beacons on.

#3149 2 years ago

I just posted these in the marketplace. I have three left in this batch. I plan to make more if the demand is there. Price is $63 and that includes shipping. Mounts over existing airlock cover. Use double-sided tape or existing screws. Comes as you see photographed. Purchase in the marketplace or message me for purchase. Thanks!

B511004D-6E77-4DDA-B814-C02158C4C81A (resized).jpegB511004D-6E77-4DDA-B814-C02158C4C81A (resized).jpegDA02C2A8-4F3D-4309-8BA9-6D6B7B5EEB4F (resized).jpegDA02C2A8-4F3D-4309-8BA9-6D6B7B5EEB4F (resized).jpeg
#3150 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I would like the option to purchase a shaker motor on my own and install it.

I know a lot of people say the machine doesn't need a shaker however, I would like the option.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/63?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.