2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 372.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does it really matter at this point in this thread? Not really.

Nope....I'm happy for more Aliens, period...comparisons are irrelevant..

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have an early machine here right now and it took 6 month to resurrect it.
Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
It was a whole bunch of work but the entire community had a benefit of it.
I share all information and I'm not interessted in profit or anyting else.
In my opinion the HW-ALIEN is the better choice if you have.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the images. As a potential LV customer, posts like yours help us determine the best course of action by seeing what is possible in a HW Alien refurb versus paying ~$11,000 for a new LV.

The missing features and changes to the aesthetics are a big negative to this buyer.

More posts like yours on this thread are a great help to those trying to make the same decisions.

Please post more especially if you could include links to a video of how your playfield monitor is working.

Anyone who thinks the elimination of the PF monitor is insignificant doesn’t understand how helpful it is as it allows you to focus on the action instead of having to look up at the back box to get information. Hugely helpful to maintain flow!

Plus it just looks so rad!

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks for the images. As a potential LV customer, posts like yours help us determine the best course of action by seeing what is possible in a HW Alien refurb versus paying ~$11,000 for a new LV.
The missing features and changes to the aesthetics are a big negative to this buyer.
More posts like yours on this thread are a great help to those trying to make the same decisions.
Please post more especially if you could include links to a video of how your playfield monitor is working.
Anyone who thinks the elimination of the PF monitor is insignificant doesn’t understand how helpful it is as it allows you to focus on the action instead of having to look up at the back box to get information. Hugely helpful to maintain flow!
Plus it just looks so rad!

There's a thread dedicated to that machine with plenty of it, no need for it here. No need to clutter up this thread with that stuff. If you want a HWY machine, go find one. It's only been known for a year that the asthetics were changed. No amount of smacking about the screens is going to change anything. Good luck.

#3054 2 years ago

Anybody getting the LE and changing out the beacons give me a PM. I will gladly buy the new style factory ones from you.

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's a thread dedicated to that machine with plenty of it, no need for it here. No need to clutter up this thread with that stuff. If you want a HWY machine, go find one. It's only been known for a year that the asthetics were changed. No amount of smacking about the screens is going to change anything. Good luck.

If you’re sensitive to “clutter” you should stay off pinside.

Meanwhile for those who actually care about the differences, having them on this thread is ultra helpful & convenient.

More posts please!

#3056 2 years ago

Isn't this an owners thread? If you don't own the game or have one on order, why are you lurking here?
I'm a general all around positive person, and those that know me know that I have contributed greatly to the pinball community.
I don't want to have to wade through dozens of useless posts from haters. Rant over!

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No one cares. We get it - you’re jealous. That’s fine but keep it to the OG thread.

Seriously it’s embarrassing how some just can’t let it go. There are more aliens available period which is a good thing.

If you’re not an owner or have interest in this game or something helpful to say don’t post. Pretty simple.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT - jealous that the value will go down. Good point fellas.

#3058 2 years ago

If you’re sensitive to “clutter” you should stay off pinside.
Meanwhile for those who actually care about the differences, having them on this thread is ultra helpful & convenient.
More posts please!

Look, I am as big an advocate as any for 'off topic' posting and discussions that are off fringe and debates, but if you aren't going to actually contribute something useful, then either go to the generic Alien (remake) thread, or the Hwy thread. So far, all you are doing is trash talking. Everything you asked for is already known and posted in the other thread. It's not hard to figure out what the differences are. You don't care about the differences because you already stated it isn't for you, so you won't be an owner, right? The owners know what the differences are. Whichever you choose, awesome. I think everyone should own one version of this game!

If you are wondering why I'm responding like I am, the post you responded to wasn't being helpful, it was trying to rub peoples noses in it. We already know and anyone with actual interest in the game knows. If the screens are a big deal, no other options matter, and the OG is the way to go since it's the only one with them.

#3059 2 years ago

Here's a real post for real owners, since mine is inbound. I know the screws and such are metric, but what about the leg bolts?
Are they standard threaded leg bolts? I only ask because I want to use the black ones I have on hand from Pinball Life.
Thanks!

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here's a real post for real owners, since mine is inbound. I know the screws and such are metric, but what about the leg bolts?
Are they standard threaded leg bolts? I only ask because I want to use the black ones I have on hand from Pinball Life.
Thanks!

16mm, not sure if threads are different between standard and metric.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No one cares. We get it - you’re jealous. That’s fine but keep it to the OG thread.
Seriously it’s embarrassing how some just can’t let it go. There are more aliens available period which is a good thing.
If you’re not an owner or have interest in this game or something helpful to say don’t post. Pretty simple.

I don't think he's jealous, just afraid his rare item will go down in price. That's what all the 'but look what I got that you don't have' is about. I don't think the nice OG's will go down, as the LV just wasn't as impressive as I think it could have been. I think the money should have been spent on...(toys) other things that were not things like invisiglass, shakers, etc. And Aurich, I'm not slamming your art, but that's only part of the package...for someone who's games are all in a line, I would never see it. They needed to add something to it make up for the loss of the screens to make it really stand out. At the end of the day though, I'm just glad to see they are pumping machines out, and maybe they'll have another machine after this.

#3062 2 years ago

What happens if they downplayed the XV thing to make sure LV sales are decent, that they actually will come out with one after the LV with playfield screen and bigger back box screen..

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What happens if they downplayed the XV thing to make sure LV sales are decent, that they actually will come out with one after the LV with playfield screen and bigger back box screen..

Haha, who knows, always a possibility. They did say there was no XV version when it first came up though.

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are different. 16 mm would have a 2.0 thread if course thread.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

They are different. 16 mm would have a 2.0 thread if course thread.

Thanks for confirming, since I'll be getting my trim powder coated anyway, I'll just include the stock ones then.

#3066 2 years ago

Anyone had an issue where the ball locks (MU-TH-UR and the Airlock) stop working during an Ambush with Sentry Gun multiball?

It literally stops half the switches and I have to hard reset the pin to resolve it.

Been working on the issue with Cato for a while now. He thinks its power cable interference. My pin was unfortunately a very early run. Been plagued with issues.

Nearly got everything sorted now but my God this one is annoying.

If someone else had something similar let me know.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Anyone had an issue where the ball locks (MU-TH-UR and the Airlock) stop working during an Ambush with Sentry Gun multiball?
It literally stops half the switches and I have to hard reset the pin to resolve it.
Been working on the issue with Cato for a while now. He thinks its power cable interference. My pin was unfortunately a very early run. Been plagued with issues.

Never had it happen to me.

#3068 2 years ago

I dont think some of you know how much work Averell has put into the Alien community. He knows things a lot of us dont know. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us come asking for his help later down the road with our pinball bros machines simply because he knows the OG in and out.

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We get it, it’s better.

Not better. Different.

#3070 2 years ago

Anyone who thinks the elimination of the PF monitor is insignificant doesn’t understand how helpful it is as it allows you to focus on the action instead of having to look up at the back box to get information.

I didn’t find much difference in looking up to back box or airlock vs. looking at the playfied screen. Ever flown with or driven with a HUD? Playfield screen was kinda like that. Your eyes and attention are focused on the ball and the flippers, as well as targets. The pf screen is there but kinda seems like background information seen in peripheral vision. Need to focus on the pf screen and absorb the information. During that time of focus, could easily drain the ball unless it’s under control. If under control, easy to process info from any of the screens, or any other info coming in. Agree it looks cool and added to the lights, but not really functional. Now hearing Aurich’s take, I really wish he’d have been involved in the art/function of the replacement for that area.

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

you should go start another thread if you can't handle some adult conversations. Nobody is jealous and you probably have many bigger things to be embarrassed about. Seriously, you add nothing.

#3072 2 years ago

I just purchased my Alien today!!!!

As a new company, I'm happy that pinball bros. picked up the mantle, so others like myself can experience owning this game for the first time.

You have to start somewhere, this is great for pinball!!

#3073 2 years ago

Guys calm down. We are all fans of this theme and we all agree more pins for more fans are better. No need to attack others just because they express different likes and opinions. LV just revealed yesterday, so some folks like Averall and I (also on the interest list for LV) expressed that we still like HW version better and that is fair, just as some of you like SV better due to the value. We all entitled our opinions and as long as we don't attack each other, its alright for everyone to express theirs.

Averall did a lot to resurrect his and helps many other owners/fans (old and new) with their machines. He also has ties with the software designer who had/have his hands on both versions. Indirectly, he helped with a lot of bugs which plagued (still have some) this machine. Please don't bend out of shape, just because someone's opinion is different than yours. At the end of the day, we are all fans of this title and enjoy pinballs.

#3074 2 years ago

Typical pinside. Bitch. Moan. Whine. Groan. Go play some fucking pinball

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’m glad I stick with my OG HW Alien which came with lit art blade and beacon topper. Everything else on the LV is just meh, plus mine has something that the new LV doesn’t: PF screen, huge backbox screen and lit cabinet side art

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I have that, but if I hit a flipper button, it *always* releases for me. This is an extremely rare occurrence on mine also. We were suspecting some type of interference, but due to the extremely intermittent nature of it, it is really hard to tell if the problem is fixed after making a change. I've repositioned the black RJ45 and it seemed to make it less likely to happen. The weird thing is that on mine, it never prevents the game from continuing because you can always hit the flipper to make it eject. Are you on 2.2D or later? I'm not sure why it wouldn't release with a flipper button on yours.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:I have that, but if I hit a flipper button, it *always* releases for me. This is an extremely rare occurrence on mine also. We were suspecting some type of interference, but due to the extremely intermittent nature of it, it is really hard to tell if the problem is fixed after making a change. I've repositioned the black RJ45 and it seemed to make it less likely to happen. The weird thing is that on mine, it never prevents the game from continuing because you can always hit the flipper to make it eject. Are you on 2.2D or later? I'm not sure why it wouldn't release with a flipper button on yours.

I have this issue occasionally too, and the flipper push seems to kick it back into gear. It's almost like it is purposely waiting for input sometimes - but it isn't consistent on any particular funtion/script.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

doesn't mean he needs to be like that. It's petty.

I have this issue occasionally too, and the flipper push seems to kick it back into gear. It's almost like it is purposely waiting for input sometimes - but it isn't consistent on any particular funtion/script.

For me, I've seen it happen in the AIRLOCK, TROUGH, MUTHUR, and HYPERSLEEP BALL LOCK. It really seems like a software issue to me unless some interference is preventing a switch from registering intermittently. I really don't think it is any problem with switches not registering because I never see that problem with any other switch in the game. This is a mild annoyance, but it would be nice to get it fixed eventually. Fortunately, it is very rare that it happens and isn't a showstopper if it does happen. Overall, my game is extremely reliable now.

Did I mention SAVE NEWT mission is awesome? I failed, but it was still awesome!!!!

#3079 2 years ago

I'm not afraid that the original one may loose it's value.
The resurrected machine will leave next Sunday back to it's owner, and he's so happy to have this game back in the best condition as possible.
But the real treasure still remain in the basement.

DSCN9063 (resized).JPGDSCN9063 (resized).JPG

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have that, but if I hit a flipper button, it *always* releases for me. This is an extremely rare occurrence on mine also. We were suspecting some type of interference, but due to the extremely intermittent nature of it, it is really hard to tell if the problem is fixed after making a change. I've repositioned the black RJ45 and it seemed to make it less likely to happen. The weird thing is that on mine, it never prevents the game from continuing because you can always hit the flipper to make it eject. Are you on 2.2D or later? I'm not sure why it wouldn't release with a flipper button on yours.

So Cato thought it was that but I get it literally every game without fail. Flippers can be spammed no release of the ball. The bug carries over to the next game for me. So if I drain all 3 balls and go into Ball 1 hit the airlock it just sits there inside the airlock doing nothing. Half the switch array stops no joy. I have to hard reset to get functions back.

I just don't know if this interferance or a bug. It only happens if I have 2 multiballs up.

#3081 2 years ago

@Averell: Then keep your treasure forever and leave this PB Alien owners thread .
Go to the HW thread and do your PB Alien bashing there.

We all know now, the HW Alien is the real deal.

Let us PB owners alone in our owners thread.

Good bye, auf Nimmerwiedersehen hier.

#3082 2 years ago

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I'm not afraid that the original one may loose it's value.
The resurrected machine will leave next Sunday back to it's owner, and he's so happy to have this game back in the best condition as possible.
But the real treasure still remain in the basement.
[quoted image]

That's a nice machine you have there. What sort of customer support are you getting for it?

Just asking for a friend

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

That's a nice machine you have there. What sort of customer support are you getting for it?
Just asking for a friend

I remember seeing when PB said they were reviving the Alien game that they would also provide support for the original HW games. Its early days and obviously their energy has been providing support for the PB games but I hope once the dust settles they can support both versions.

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Spoke with Melissa @ cointaker today, provided my final payment to Cointaker. Supposedly PB is sending units to ship on 9/15.. 3 weeks (Oct 7) till USA or so barring delays. Fingers crossed!!

Shipment was delayed.. Melissa states contianer load finish this week (Sept 27) then set sail.. 3 weeks till USA so mid to late october for this next shipment

#3086 2 years ago

Oh, so pinball brothers may support the original HW Aliens in the future? (I read that too).

Well, it makes a lot of SENSE bashing them non-stop on their new releases while at the same time praying that they release code and offer support to fix “Buggy” OG games.

It makes a lot of sense to me (Not really).

Do better.

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We don't know anything for certain yet, however initially they did state some things would be available for SV.

If not from PB someone else will make them for sure.

#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I remember seeing when PB said they were reviving the Alien game that they would also provide support for the original HW games. Its early days and obviously their energy has been providing support for the PB games but I hope once the dust settles they can support both versions.

They never said they would be supporting the original HW game and I see no indication that they have any plans to do so. If I were them, I sure wouldn't take on that burden.

#3089 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Just asking for a friend

He IS the customer suppport. There would most certainly be NO new alien without him. What have you contributed to the cause again?

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He IS the customer suppport. There would most certainly be NO new alien without him. What have you contributed to the cause again?

And what exactly is he contributing now other than trolling? He's not here offering up help. He's not here offering up actual conversation or historical information. The only thing I'm aware of that he did was create an instruction manual. He's the one being disrespectful here trying to stir up drama. If he's got beef with PB take it up with them, not us.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

And what exactly is he contributing now other than trolling? He's not here offering up help. He's not here offering up actual conversation or historical information. The only thing I'm aware of that he did was create an instruction manual. He's the one being disrespectful here trying to stir up drama. If he's got beef with PB take it up with them, not us.

Dude, read his posts. There are other people asking about the differences between the new LV and the original OG. He never said anything more than he prefers the original and thinks its the better choice. He has helped to work on the code and his changes have been implemented into the new game. I agree with almost all of your posts but your just agreeing with the trolls here.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dude, read his posts. There are other people asking about the differences between the new LV and the original OG. He never said anything more than he prefers the original and thinks its the better choice. He has helped to work on the code and his changes have been implemented into the new game. I agree with almost all of your posts but your just agreeing with the trolls here.

Reading his posts, the tone comes off differently than what you say. It appears he is German so maybe language barrier has something to do with but I just don't see it as necessary.

Be happy with what you have. No need to put other games down, particularly in that games owners thread.

#3093 2 years ago

Oh man.. I’d love to see a Blade Runner game.

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Just asking for a friend

I am really enjoying my hyper sleep PHYSICAL ball lock and set up magnet. And I don't get a hernia taking off the playfield glass..lol

#3095 2 years ago

@McDoom:
There was no customer support at all.
I bought this LE from a Pinhead in Austria... in a good condition.
All the customizing was done by myself with the support by the community.
Heighway was bankrupt and PB just gave their permission to Brian for a software update.
But later on we had software support by Brian Dominy and help by Joe Schober for the Rulesheet I wrote togehter with Per Herrman.
We also tested a lot and made a lot of spare parts via 3D printing, etc.
And not to forget the amazing Apron made by MK6Pin and this cool Motion Tracker from Vimtoman and other mods.

#3096 2 years ago

Can you type that again using less of a german accent. You're offending the snowflakes
I swear half these peeps don't even know who Andrew is.

#3097 2 years ago

Maybe they should read the entire ALIEN topic?

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

They never said they would be supporting the original HW game and I see no indication that they have any plans to do so. If I were them, I sure wouldn't take on that burden.

They never said it- where? On here? C'mon man. You're not the only person in contact with them. Love your enthusiasm but your grasp of reality is a bit off. He's been in personal contact with them for years. Your buddy cato has Avrell on speed dial. Smh

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am really enjoying my hyper sleep PHYSICAL ball lock and set up magnet. And I don't get a hernia taking off the playfield glass..lol

That's the one feature i wish was on the OG. Seems like it should have the magnet up there!

#3100 2 years ago

Maybe we should take a brake?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/62?hl=s000m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.