2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 372.
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it was, it would be in the details to help upsell it. Since that is just a render, it's just 'cards' being shown. They 'could' be backlit or EL like some have done, but you wouldn't know it since it's not an actual photo of it.

I think you're probably right. Would sure be cool though.

#3002 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nobody is wrong here indeed It’s still an opinion that the marketing was bad. No fact! I liked the reveal!

I think the difference you're dealing with here on your marketing analogy, is two-fold. One, we're dealing with a limited-edition collectable, which is a totally different market than a car. Second, no one put down a dollar for an unidentified product, people put down a dollar for a place in line.

It's not that I don't understand what you're getting at, but as a guy who is also buying a Godzilla table, I just witnessed what happened with the LEs for that table, and it was far more chaotic/insider-dealsmanship than cointaker did with the LVs.

Right now Pinball is the 2020s version of beanie-babies when it comes to the limited edition aspects of things.

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

You like the reveal? Please be specific of what you liked about it.
I have no dog in this hunt but I am curious.
There was no game play shown. No videos or really good pictures. What was so good about it?
Curious.
Thank you.

I liked it, not saying it was spectacular. Dont need to see videos because it’s an know game. Gameplay enough on yt.

Quoted from Drain-O:

I think the difference you're dealing with here on your marketing analogy, is two-fold. One, we're dealing with a limited-edition collectable, which is a totally different market than a car. Second, no one put down a dollar for an unidentified product, people put down a dollar for a place in line.
It's not that I don't understand what you're getting at, but as a guy who is also buying a Godzilla table, I just witnessed what happened with the LEs for that table, and it was far more chaotic/insider-dealsmanship than cointaker did with the LVs.
Right now Pinball is the 2020s version of beanie-babies when it comes to the limited edition aspects of things.

Dude, i dindt start the comparing with a car. And yes, i know all about the craziness about le’s, who doenst in this hobby…

#3004 2 years ago

Alien owners, I’m on the list and I’m buying stuff while I wait. What type of post rubbers are there? And how many are visible? I’m thinking of changing the color of them. Thoughts? Thank you.

#3005 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Alien owners, I’m on the list and I’m buying stuff while I wait. What type of post rubbers are there? And how many are visible? I’m thinking of changing the color of them. Thoughts? Thank you.

translucent green, yellow, or white might be cool. There' s a lot of visible smallest circle post ones, and they wear pretty fast.

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

translucent green, yellow, or white might be cool. There' s a lot of visible smallest circle post ones, and they wear pretty fast.

Does anyone know the exact size of the posts? And how many posts for alien? Thank you.

#3007 2 years ago

I found an old post to share from a very handsome dude:

Quoted from Yipykya:

I listened to the podcast where Pinball Brothers made their big introductory announcement and was keenly interested on what they had to say about the planned LV model differences starting at 2:05:20 -
At least not more than 500 LV's will be made.
It will have the same game play but other toys and lighting effects.
Color trim on side and lock down bar.
They have a list of addons they are evaluating to see what they can squeeze into the LV but it's more than can fit so further evaluation is needed to balance that out.

I guess demand for the LV changed the "at least not more than 500 LV's will be made" bit.

Regardless, I was always in for the LV version as an Alien pin has always been my most anticipated and hoped for pin, ...ever. Yes, I'm an Alien fanboy, not just for the pin, for the whole Alien franchise.

I look forward to parking this pin in my game room and learning about the little details that set it apart from the standard edition when PB has it finalized and ready to show off. I think the announcement of the LV happened this way because PB has had a business plan from the day they took over the license - and they're sticking to it, time lines be damned.

The fact that the Limited Edition number got upped may speak to their success thus far. Going back to when they announced they were going to have a go at this, many here wished them the best but voiced their doubts loudly.

But look where we are now. They did it. That can't be argued with. Way back when they made their big introductory announcement they said they were going to make, deliver, and refine a standard edition before offering an LV.

It's almost time to cash in on all the hard work and hurdles they've overcome. I'm not speaking as a pinball enthusiast as most speaking here actually are, just an Alien fanboy excited for the ultimate toy in my little world.

As someone that wired $6500.00 to Andrew with fingers crossed, and by the grace of God managed to get it back upon a request at just the right time, I feel much more confident this time around that things are shaping up for my big boy toy acquisition.

I remain a glass half full dude with fingers crossed once again.

#3008 2 years ago

'cmon - who wants to dump their standard slot so they can upgrade to LV - you know you want to!

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I bought all green Perfect Play from Pinball Life. Here's the full rubber replacement doc.

1004-01-02-00_Rev_A_Alien_Rubber_List.pdf1004-01-02-00_Rev_A_Alien_Rubber_List.pdf
#3010 2 years ago

Im not sold on the LV.

It seems anemic for the extra $2100.

And 1000 units is not really exclusive when the parts can be added to any model of the game.

200 or even 500 might be ok.

I might be out...

It took a year for CGC to sell out the AFMrLE's at 1000 units.

So at 1000 units, there is no hurry at all.

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im not sold on the LV.
It seems anemic for the extra $2100.
And 1000 units is not really exclusive when the parts can be added to any model of the game.
200 or even 500 might be ok.
I might be out...
It took a year for CGC to sell out the AFMrLE's at 1000 units.
So at 1000 units, there is no hurry at all.

Happens on Stern LEs. People question the ~2k difference almost every time. The premium guys justify their thoughts of not paying the extra. Just like on (most) Stern LEs the LE guys (most of them) have no issues with the extra cash.

PB should follow Sterns way, don’t offer the extras as add ons to lower versions. If PB does offer the extras they might shoot themselves in the foot and not get the complete 1000 unit sales.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Happens on Stern LEs. People question the ~2k difference almost every time. The premium guys justify their thoughts. Just like on Stern LEs (most) the (most) LE guys have no issues with the extra cash.

It doesn't always work out, or necessitate the upgrade. Example - Ghostbusters Prem vs/ Pro...I have a Premium, which I love, but the Pro plays great and is said to have better 'flow'

Until you get to play both its hard to have an opinion...the layout of the LV is the same at the SE (unless I missed something)...so it's really - do you want the extras or are you fine with the basics? Agreed the SEs on the original price point got a great deal...For anyone who doesnt have an Aliens pin (Heighway or PB SE) and is now, as of today, ready commit to the purchase - the LV is a no brainer. Also remember, this is still boutique pinball...I can forgive PB lack of investing in additional marketing and release/video promotions like Stern. That's ok, I hate commercials and advertising in general. Just make the game great. The feedback from sources I trust on Aliens SE is great.

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It doesn't always work out, or necessitate the upgrade. Example - Ghostbusters Prem vs/ Pro...I have a Premium, which I love, but the Pro plays great and is said to have better 'flow'
Until you get to play both its hard to have an opinion...the layout of the LV is the same at the SE (unless I missed something)...so it's really - do you want the extras or are you fine with the basics? Agreed the SEs on the original price point got a great deal...For anyone who doesnt have an Aliens pin (Heighway or PB SE) and is now, as of today, ready commit to the purchase - the LV is a no brainer. Also remember, this is still boutique pinball...I can forgive PB lack of investing in additional marketing and release/video promotions like Stern. That's ok, I hate commercials and advertising in general. Just make the game great. The feedback from sources I trust on Aliens SE is great.

Understand your comments.
My view is Stern Premium vs LE (not Pro).
The premium machine tends to be $1500 cheaper and the cost conscious people that buy the premium typically always add up the extras on the LE and say it isn’t worth it. (Premium and LE are the same playfield like Alien).

My view is people typically buy in 1 segment based on their means, theme and views. LE buyers typically are not looking at it the same way as Premium buyers. IMHO that will hold true on Aliens.

To me the best question is there a 1000 people in this segment. For Sterns last game Godzilla they certainly sold out 1000 LEs almost overnight. That is a good sign for Alien LV.

#3014 2 years ago

I’ve always appreciated PB bringing this game back but that was just a terrible reveal. Period

The LV was an instant buy for me but considering the major things can be added to the SE and I bought it at 7777, I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Beacons are terrible looking but good news, we can add the OG version Once we see how the new beacons were added.

The art IMO is better than standard but not sure that’s worth it alone.

On the positive side, they brought the two items I wanted the most (beacons and side art lit)…. But PB, what a blown opp. 1k is too many for a boutique manufacturer’s LE.

#3015 2 years ago

After all the BS with Heighway I have to say, it was some emotional closure for me personally to come back and finish the art package for the LV version. Not my role to talk details about things, I see some questions I could answer, but I'm sure it will all get sorted out. But taking the original limited design I did years ago, redoing it for the Pinball Brothers package, and bringing the rest of the art in line with it felt right. It's all come full circle.

There's some detail you can't see in the small promo image, but fans will appreciate the easter eggs. And it was important to me to find a way to keep the dark tone of the game while bringing more color to it. The monotone black and green on the standard is fine too, it's the classic look, but I wanted something else to contrast with it, and appreciate that the team was on board with taking it there.

If you want to buy it or don't want to buy it, or like it love it or are meh on it or hate it that's cool. This has been a long confusing saga, I get it more than anyone else. But I'm happy with how it all came out as a package in the end.

I'm especially glad to ditch the Heighway cab design for full cabinet decals. And have an actually coordinated and good looking powder coat color. Throw it all on the list of things I didn't agree with Andrew about!

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Glad I went with the SV. The inner lit art blades and the beacon topper would be sweet to have but everything else is just meh and not worth the price increase IMO.

I’m glad I stick with my OG HW Alien which came with lit art blade and beacon topper. Everything else on the LV is just meh, plus mine has something that the new LV doesn’t: PF screen, huge backbox screen and lit cabinet side art

#3017 2 years ago

The 2k is well worth it! In addition, when selling, the value stays or increases! If you are in doubt between an SV or LV, take the LV for sure!

#3018 2 years ago

If you have one, keep it.
If you can get a HW, buy it.
Never swap the original with the remake.

#3019 2 years ago

This world premiere Alien LV Pinball release makes no sense to me:

#3020 2 years ago

Maybe it’s not really finished?

#3021 2 years ago

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting back about the plastics. Had a hectic week...

So I have spoken to Colywobbles who some of you may already know and he will accept orders from the US but its probably best to avoid getting the ramps done as they are large and will add significant cost to the postage.

I still need to send out some additional plastics to complete the set. Specifically around the top of the playfield. Budget just isn't permitting me at this time.

Here is an image of the completed plastics thus far.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

This world premiere Alien LV Pinball release makes no sense to me:

Love listening to Arnold rant about the LV.....

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Love listening to Arnold rant about the LV.....

What I don't understand is why he has unrealistic expectations about things PB has already told all of us. Yeah, of course you're going to get upset when you set yourself up for disappointment. We already knew those details a year ago.

#3024 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure the playfield screen won't make a comeback, too much problems around it and it's rather redundant.

Quoted from brado426:

What I don't understand is why he has unrealistic expectations about things PB has already told all of us. Yeah, of course you're going to get upset when you set yourself up for disappointment. We already knew those details a year ago.

I agree.

His accent is funny to listen to but the actual content.. seems like he want to create drama where there is none to be had.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Good luck finding parts to keep it alive. I've already heard of one original owner that has a dead one that can't be resecitated due to lack of parts.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I’m glad I stick with my OG HW Alien which came with lit art blade and beacon topper. Everything else on the LV is just meh, plus mine has something that the new LV doesn’t: PF screen, huge backbox screen and lit cabinet side art

Yep, the playfield screen added a new level of immersion to the gameplay experience. Removing it was probably a costs decision not an artistic decision.

It doesn't work for every game, but it worked perfectly in Alien, mainly because monitors and displays were used abundantly throughout both movies.

Substituting this remarkable pinball innovation with a simple sentry gun graphic? "Did IQ's just suddenly drop while I was away?"

The game was always designed...from concept to creation, to have an LCD in the playfield.

#3027 2 years ago

Aurich did you do the side blades and backboard as well? What was it like working with the lighting features / how did you go about that as far as design?

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The game was always designed...from concept to creation, to have an LCD in the playfield.

That makes for a good argument when you're in the HW bubble, but those aren't being made anymore.

The pin has been revamped and through the changes it is being manufactured quite successfully now.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, ...no matter anymore. The original was a beautiful thing but it's done now, history. No one can change that.

The revised edition has it's own unique perks to behold and it's evident what the market presently may well be clamoring for next.

Admittedly, maybe not by a number of OG owners but that's a comparatively small number.

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Yep, the playfield screen added a new level of immersion to the gameplay experience. Removing it was probably a costs decision not an artistic decision.
It doesn't work for every game, but it worked perfectly in Alien, mainly because monitors and displays were used abundantly throughout both movies.
Substituting this remarkable pinball innovation with a simple sentry gun graphic? "Did IQ's just suddenly drop while I was away?"

Playfield screen WOULD have added much more to immersion of the gameplay experience if it would have provided different information, images, or video. But the back box and playfield screens play EXACTLY the same material. That’s why the airlock screen is the important/useful one that adds to the game. The playfield screen added lighting but not content.

With regard to which is better, OG LE or new LV, I’ll wait to have some time on the new one before chiming in on that.

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Stop with the original vs new bs. If you are just going to do that, stay in the other thread. We get it.

It's no wonder so many people get taken repeatedly in this hobby. They don't use common sense. "but but but, just pay the money, they'll tell us later!" "but it's a dream theme!" "but, I don't care that they said it wouldn't have the screens, i think they will! I want to believe!"...

I'm glad more people will get to play this game. Yes the OG is special, unfortunately that ship sailed long ago. If you're only concerned about the value, I'm sure someone will still buy your 'bolted to the floor' game for 2x as much as it is worth, which as usual is the real issue around here.

At $7777 this was a steal compared to everything else coming out. I'm sorry for anyone who missed that hoping for screens. If you were already going to buy all the normal pinball stuff, then the LV may be worth it, but at over 11k, I don't see it comparatively.

*while I quoted you, it isn't specifically all directed at you

To anyone still wondering about quality. I've not had any issues with mine. I had 1 day where it decided to be buggy, but nothing since then. It's been great.
I did add some pads to the back of the xeno targets so that they don't scratch it up.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi all,
Apologies for the delay in getting back about the plastics. Had a hectic week...
So I have spoken to Colywobbles who some of you may already know and he will accept orders from the US but its probably best to avoid getting the ramps done as they are large and will add significant cost to the postage.
I still need to send out some additional plastics to complete the set. Specifically around the top of the playfield. Budget just isn't permitting me at this time.
Here is an image of the completed plastics thus far.[quoted image]

By ramps do you mean the ramp return lanes? They’re what I like best.

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Aurich did you do the side blades and backboard as well? What was it like working with the lighting features / how did you go about that as far as design?

I can't really answer many questions at this point honestly. I have an agreement with PB and it's not my role to step on their toes, say something accidentally wrong that will create confusion, or reveal something I shouldn't without meaning to. I'll say yes to the first question and leave it at that for now.

All I feel comfortable talking about is some of my personal feelings, that are separate from any reveals or plans. The PB team is passionate about making everything work, and whatever the final outcomes are there's no question they put a ridiculous amount of effort into resurrecting and redoing this pin. I'm happy to be involved again, and didn't think I'd ever say that lol.

When Roger sent me the first renders of how my backglass was going to work with everything I got motivated to spend whatever time I needed to make the rest of the package match, and it felt good to see it through. That's enough for me at this point.

If I wasn't happy with it I would have just said nothing and moved on.

I will say one last thing, and this is just me speaking personally about my history, not speaking for PB or anyone else:

I never liked the playfield screen. This notion that the game was designed for it is imo silly. It was there because it had to be, because Heighway had this dumb modular game design idea and didn't let it go so every game was locked into it after Full Throttle. Then Andrew waffled, the backbox got an LCD too, it wasn't even the same resolution or aspect ratio, but it was mirrored from the playfield, and was just half assed. The lack of commitment to the idea made it lesser, imo.

It's a unique feature. If you have an original game and you love it that's great. I recognize that there's this tension between 'original' and 'remake', and it's got personal feelings, it's got money and investments, and it will always create arguments. That's fine.

I wasn't around when PB took it out and changed the playfield art. Can't speak to it.

If you love your original I'm happy you have something we worked hard on. If you're getting a remake and are wistful about the screen, I get it.

But I'm not sad to see it gone, and have the backbox LCD be done properly finally, instead of this weird mix of mismatched signals. It's sacrificing a little uniqueness, yes, but for a better overall package.

#3033 2 years ago

I'm ALIE-IN!! On the LV! placed my pre-order with CoinTaker...

I absolutely LOVE the new artwork on the LV done by pinsider Aurich , it's beautiful and can't wait to see better high res pics.

In photoshop real quick a tried making the armor darker / black makes a huge difference and makes the art POP / look that much better. The armor should be black especially because it has a "custom cut xeno" head where the flipper buttons are. I also brightened the "backbox" art area & Inner Side Blades to make them look "Lit". I also swapped out the beacon render for the original beacon lights. I really hope they don't make an Alien [XV] and that the Alien LV is the top tier.. It is what it is, but I'm ALIE-IN on the LV!!

mod_LV (resized).pngmod_LV (resized).png
#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I absolutely LOVE the new artwork on the LV done by pinsider Aurich , it's beautiful and can't wait to see better high res pics.

Glad you like it. Enjoy your game!

Quoted from mrclean:

In photoshop real quick a tried making the armor darker / black makes a huge difference and makes the art POP / look that much better. The armor should be black especially because it has a "custom cut xeno" head where the flipper buttons are.

I think that looks nice. I prefer the blue color, black isn't interesting to me as something special. But powder coating isn't expensive, if anyone wants to get their armor done up custom I say make the game yours and do it.

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

$7777 +$418 shipping

That's the old price new price = old + $800

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

That’s why the airlock screen is the important/useful one that adds to the game.

I was just telling Roger the story of that screen being added the other day—I don't think he'd heard my perspective on it—since it was my concept, and the only real physical part of the playfield I had a hand in. I fought hard to get it put in the game, there was a lot of resistance at first. Who remembers what was there before?

Coffee Can Queen™

That whole thing was a mess. Matt from Back Alley really battled with Fox over that sculpt, it's not his fault it came out the way it did. But nothing was working there. A ton of time had been put into it, but sometimes you gotta walk away.

There's no question we have to give credit to JJP for making the mini LCD work first too. Not only with Hobbit, but remember when I first saw the rotating Queen on the prototype in person at Expo and knew we had to fix it, that was also the same year Dialed In was revealed at the show. I'm sure I used that in my arguments for the screen even, I don't remember now.

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

The 2k is well worth it! In addition, when selling, the value stays or increases! If you are in doubt between an SV or LV, take the LV for sure!

WTF? the value stays or increases? Not a guarantee

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

WTF? the value stays or increases? Not a guarantee

In this market decreases in value are rare. That being said...

Market is subject to change. Personally I don't see any prices going down. Demand is high all around and NIB is the gotta-have for some.

I am passing on this title myself as I am committed to HWNCE and CCr. Only so much room. I was in on the OG Alien and luckily Andy refunded my deposit after I publicly shamed him. I am done with this title for now but may pick up one used later.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm ALIE-IN!! On the LV! placed my pre-order with CoinTaker...
In photoshop real quick a tried making the armor darker / black makes a huge difference and makes the art POP / look that much better. The armor should be black especially because it has a "custom cut xeno" head where the flipper buttons are. I also brightened the "backbox" art area & Inner Side Blades to make them look "Lit". I also swapped out the beacon render for the original beacon lights. I really hope they don't make an Alien [XV] and that the Alien LV is the top tier.. It is what it is, but I'm ALIE-IN on the LV!!
[quoted image]

I missed that the armor ends were cut like an alien head. That is cool.

#3040 2 years ago

I just have to report that I just now got to SAVE NEWT for the first time and it was AWESOME! I love this game so much!

#3041 2 years ago

Thanks Aurich for filling in those gaps. Its neat hear all the cool details that were going on during the process.
Very happy you are cool with the whole Alien pin thing again. You are still a big part of it. Always wanted this game, and I finally got mine!
And Cato is awesome at Pinball Brothers...Just waiting for the list of items I'll be able to add to my Standard.
Pinblades, Shaker, Beacon Lights!

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from ob1forever:

Thanks Aurich for filling in those gaps. Its neat hear all the cool details that were going on during the process.
Very happy you are cool with the whole Alien pin thing again. You are still a big part of it. Always wanted this game, and I finally got mine!
And Cato is awesome at Pinball Brothers...Just waiting for the list of items I'll be able to add to my Standard.

Is it confirmed an SV can purchase those items?

I spoke to my distributor and he's heard nothing on those options.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Is it confirmed an SV can purchase those items?
I spoke to my distributor and he's heard nothing on those options.

We don't know anything for certain yet, however initially they did state some things would be available for SV.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from ob1forever:

I just started working back and forth with Cato and have to agree he has been great. His service alone might be worth the increase in price.

Been very happy with my game so far

#3045 2 years ago

Seems like it should be really easy for Pinball Brothers to clarify this by just saying in the list of LV features which ones are exclusive to the LV. Then we can get a feel for what the various purchase options really are.

The fact that they didn't list the LV features as being exclusive to the LV sure makes it seem like the best option will be to buy the SE and then add on whatever else you want separately.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

it seem like the best option will be to buy the SE and then add on whatever else you want separately.

Best post I've read in a long time

#3047 2 years ago

I have an early machine here right now and it took 6 month to resurrect it.
Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
It was a whole bunch of work but the entire community had a benefit of it.
I share all information and I'm not interessted in profit or anyting else.
In my opinion the HW-ALIEN is the better choice if you have.

20210207_114416 (resized).jpg20210207_114416 (resized).jpg

DSCN8668 (resized).JPGDSCN8668 (resized).JPG

DSCN8964 (resized).JPGDSCN8964 (resized).JPG

DSCN8572 (resized).JPGDSCN8572 (resized).JPG

DSCN9035 (resized).JPGDSCN9035 (resized).JPG

DSCN9041 (resized).JPGDSCN9041 (resized).JPG

#3048 2 years ago

Makes sense Aurich. I'd love to hear about the artwork process for stuff like that some in the future. I always wonder about how the artwork evolves around the tech and which is driving which in one direction or another. Same goes for playfields and insert placement and design and all that.

#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have an early machine here right now and it took 6 month to resurrect it.
Yes, a long time and much effort to get the parts and we made it to reproduce a lot of missing spare.
It was a whole bunch of work but the entire community had a benefit of it.
I share all information and I'm not interessted in profit or anyting else.
In my opinion the HW-ALIEN is the better choice if you have.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

We get it, it’s better. Does it really matter at this point in this thread? Not really. Congrats on your game.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was just telling Roger the story of that screen being added the other day—I don't think he'd heard my perspective on it—since it was my concept, and the only real physical part of the playfield I had a hand in. I fought hard to get it put in the game, there was a lot of resistance at first. Who remembers what was there before?
Coffee Can Queen™
That whole thing was a mess. Matt from Back Alley really battled with Fox over that sculpt, it's not his fault it came out the way it did. But nothing was working there. A ton of time had been put into it, but sometimes you gotta walk away.
There's no question we have to give credit to JJP for making the mini LCD work first too. Not only with Hobbit, but remember when I first saw the rotating Queen on the prototype in person at Expo and knew we had to fix it, that was also the same year Dialed In was revealed at the show. I'm sure I used that in my arguments for the screen even, I don't remember now.

Good to see you in an Alien Thread!! I was there that night at Twin Peaks/ Expo and remember the coffee can and you sharing your thoughts on the airlock screen instead, good times and a great move...got the T-shirt to boot. ( people couldn't run out of the DI reveal fast enough to get across the street to see Alien).

The PF screen was indeed part of the Heighway take....can't imagine Ambush mb in particular without it...staring at the playfield w the meter right there gauging the Xeno's coming at you. People always complained about backbox screens as they didn't have time to look up. I know a few on the design team agreed and liked it as well. Mirrored, but used completely different by the player...1 for info, 1 for mega effect.

Large PF screen came from pre-order guys pushing for it, as once you experienced the whole thing, it was hard to go back. Supposed to be an option, but turned into the mainstay...

None of it matters as that's all history, and PB was never going to put either of the screens in. Simple economics would have put the original way out of reach.. It's neither pride, investment, or whatever that I like the HW take....simply the entire package just really, really worked. Staggering experience. Is what it is.

Grateful you and some others on the team are finally getting compensated for your efforts by PB.

The game was never the issue, but rather the company ( or lack thereof).

I hope everyone enjoys the PB take on whichever version they choose. Its roots owe a large debt ( literally) to guys like you, the pre-order people that lost all or most of their $$$, and some of the talented community that kept the game alive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, SC
There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/61?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.