20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 376.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Let's not crap all over those that are excited about the LV.
If you're happy with what you have, great. If you are excited about the LV, then great.
I'll be happy when I receive my SV.
I'll be happy when we get a beacon firmware upgrade and also can install inner art lit blades.
Hopefully they offer both options to SV owners.
I think many can agree!

They did say those items can be added to the SV.

Beacons, Side blades , backbox art and side rails if I was a SE owner.

#2952 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Pre orders are open for the LV on Cointaker website!!

I went for it and pre ordered, although I must say the pop bumper eggs look really weird.

Im also confused where is the display, still in the backbox?

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Let's not crap all over those that are excited about the LV.
If you're happy with what you have, great. If you are excited about the LV, then great.
I'll be happy when I receive my SV.
I'll be happy when we get a beacon firmware upgrade and also can install inner art lit blades.
Hopefully they offer both options to SV owners.
I think many can agree!

As a Standard owner, I can say that I would be extremely happy to have ALL of those features on the LV. There are some pinball machines where I wouldn't even want some of the extra features that the Limited Edition offers (cough.. Mandalorian upper playfield... cough) ... But all these LV features are great! I will definitely be adding at least some of them to my Standard version.... The powder coating definitely sounds like a project in my future.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Sounds like the more the player pops the pops...the eggs open. And mode related

Um no. Lol. Just a currently available Back Alley upgrade. Stationary

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Where do they say this? Just reading about the LV now….. didn’t see this formally announced

You can add the back box art too? Where is the backbox lcd in the LV released photo? How do they not release a video of this thing?

EDIT - cointaker confirmed this is true. Interesting. Going to read up more on this

#2956 2 years ago

Is it possible that is a screen in the apron that they're not telling us about yet?

#2957 2 years ago

The beacons kind of look wimpy compared to the original ,but guess better wait to see them in person.

#2958 2 years ago

I preordered, but I'm not sure what's up with the design of the egg bumpers. I hope it's just a bad rendering

#2959 2 years ago

Seriously....get a person to do marketing or at least let someone who knows how to market do your reveals. There should have been at least actual photos of the actual LV to show actual upgrades... smh. "Here go put down payments down"....

As mentioned before, I doubt those are the actual eggs. They had a photo a few weeks ago that was an LV and it was the same eggs, but with one of the open eggs as well.

Oh well..no skin off me...I'll quit worrying about it. I will see what options will be avialable for sale individually and call it a day. There's just that back of the mind 'what else aren't they telling us' mentality that I need to just resign myself to not worry about.

(to the person asking about the backglass display - just like the SV, the art on the backglass is carried over to the display so that it 'blends' at times. That is what you are seeing.)

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The beacons kind of look wimpy compared to the original ,but guess better wait to see them in person.

I kind of like them. Plus people with low ceilings will appreciate it..lol

#2961 2 years ago

N/M it's how they have the order form set up....no free shipping.

So total ~ 11113 + tax.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

N/M it's how they have the order form set up....no free shipping.
So total ~ 11113 + tax.

ooofff almost real money now.

#2963 2 years ago

I think the LV looks awesome, hope they really put it together and support it like they did the SV. Cato mentioned to me just today that they will continue working on Alien for a long time, a lot more is planed for the LE and some new features for the SV as well. That’s all he could say at this time. Take that for what’s it’s worth.

#2964 2 years ago

the only thing limited about the LV appears to be the limited number of upgrades and their significance/value. not much incentive from a value standpoint to buy an 11K LV. numberwise, 1000 LVs should be a tough sell through at this price point. by the sound of things PB only sold a few hundred SV at 7777 and now even more alien fanbois have a game. QC problems and produciton delays on SVs not a plus. splitting the SV and LV reveals over timeframes nearly a year apart is going to backfire. IMO, PB are in a little trouble here. it is very possible they end up selling only a few hundred LVs at 11K.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Also, I noticed the hypersleep pod has a real sculpt vs flat plastic.

It's all poor 3D renderings. It's just a concept of what the final product should look like.

#2966 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think the LV looks awesome, hope they really put it together and support it like they did the SV. Cato mentioned to me just today that they will continue working on Alien for a long time, a lot more is planed for the LE and some new features for the SV as well. That’s all he could say at this time. Take that for what’s it’s worth.

While part of that is good, not knowing what you are getting going in is kind of....well...did they mean code? New modes? New assets? I mean...it would be nice to know what you are paying for...God I hate the pay us up front and wait pinball model.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hmmmm... I'm on the $1 list and have been waiting for details on the LV. But if several things I most like about the LV (lit art blades, side armor, beacons) are going to be available to purchase for an SE then I guess why get the LE? I do like the LV cabinet art better but not that much more.

Am I missing something here? Because this sounds like the only reason to get the LV would be the different cabinet art (since powder coat can be done aftermarket)???

And having different looking eggs in the pictures posted today vs. what was in the pic Aug. 25 when they posted the details of the LV release date just seems odd. Seems like I can't be too confident of what the package really looks like at this point? I love playing Alien when I get a chance to and I really want one, but I'm puzzled by how this is rolling out. If it's true that a lot of these LV features can be added separately to an SV then I don't see the reason to get the LV.

#2968 2 years ago

Well it would certainly be nice of them to allow us early adopter SV people to order a few of the parts. I thought the backglass was limited to the LV though.

The cab art is nice, but in my case, you'd never see it anyway so it's never been an issue.
I was hoping for an animatronic queen somewhere over the ramps....something interactive (in terms of it reacts to certain things). Everything is just normal stuff aside from just a few molds...

Sure maybe they have more planned..but..uh...you need to show us what that is, not just say it to a few people in private conversations. How do I know if I want it if all you show me is half baked renders.

EDIT: it may sound like I'm being overly negative. I'm not. If you want an LV get it! It'a Alien!! I'm just disappointed in the offering vs the SV, and the lack of solid information.

#2969 2 years ago

So is the original "interest list" Melissa was building for the entire year out the window now? And the line starts with whoever pre-orders first?

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

So is the original "interest list" Melissa was building for the entire year out the window now? And the line starts with whoever pre-orders first?

I am thinking that is the case. The $1 interest list never stated anything beyond the fact that it was an interest list.

#2971 2 years ago

My only question as a SV owner is when we can expect shakers to be available for our games.

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I am thinking that is the case. The $1 interest list never stated anything beyond the fact that it was an interest list.

agree.. perhaps it was an agreed upon interest list with all the vendors worldwide and PB so they can judge production. Now that they are getting confident in builds, shipping etc. they are gearing up to produce to expectations?

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I talked to Melissa (again) just now, she said to not put the $1000 deposit down if you already paid the $1. She is coordinating wait list in order of the initial $1 deposits. Just fyi, as mentioned earlier, Melissa will be processing invoices this weekend for the $1 deposits and notifying folks beginning of next week for the $1000 deposit.

hope this helps a few

cheers

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:I talked to Melissa (again) just now, she said to not put the $1000 deposit down if you already paid the $1. She is coordinating wait list in order of the initial $1 deposits. Just fyi, as mentioned earlier, Melissa will be processing invoices this weekend for the $1 deposits and notifying folks beginning of next week for the $1000 deposit.
hope this helps a few
cheers

Oh great, I already put the 1.00 and 1000.00 oh well end of the line for me.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm sure she'll transfer it over.

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Same hahaha...send CT / Melissa an email referencing your original order under the $1 and to connect to your recent order. Its more paperwork for her, but they'll take care of.

#2977 2 years ago

i think i need to see how cool the backpanel and side blades look on the lv, does not look like lv has additional mechs . the color scheme on the SE is much more striking black and neon green just screams alien. the other upgrades i could do without.

thinking an SE with a few mods and a nice sparkly black powdercoat as someone posted might be the ticket

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I talked to Melissa (again) just now, she said to not put the $1000 deposit down if you already paid the $1. She is coordinating wait list in order of the initial $1 deposits. Just fyi, as mentioned earlier, Melissa will be processing invoices this weekend for the $1 deposits and notifying folks beginning of next week for the $1000 deposit.
hope this helps a few
cheers

This roll out seems half baked for certain!! What a mess....

#2979 2 years ago

Wow, I was so excited for the LV. Not so much right now. Hopefully more will follow. PB really needs to improve on new announcements. Try creating some excitement or wait till you can!
X

#2980 2 years ago

Relax, little by little we learn more until the moment you have it at home
Art looks amazing!

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's all poor 3D renderings. It's just a concept of what the final product should look like.

This is kind of a shitty reveal then. It would be nice to see the real deal before committing to an 11k purchase.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Relax, little by little we learn more until the moment you have it at home
Art looks amazing!

LoL, would you like to buy a car? I can show you a picture of what it should look like. Just slap down 1k and I will show you what your car actually looks like and what options the car comes with at some point down the road.

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

LoL, would you like to buy a car? I can show you a picture of what it should look like. Just slap down 1k and I will show you what your car actually looks like and what options the car comes with at some point down the road.

Bullshit. You know what your getting, if you have doubts, dont buy it!

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Bullshit. You know what your getting, if you have doubts, dont buy it!

I hope you're not in marketing for a living.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I hope you're not in marketing for a living.

Haha, well i do

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Haha, well i do

LMAO!!!

Ford would like to introduce the all new F-150! You know what YOU'RE getting, if you have doubts, dont buy it!

Genius Marketing!!

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

LMAO!!!
Ford would like to introduce the all new F-150! You know what YOU'RE getting, if you have doubts, dont buy it!

Pfff, ford? Please,, we only do serious cars here in Europe. Sure ill buy the new audi Q7 or A8 without seeing it

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Pfff, ford? Please,, we only do serious cars here in Europe. Sure ill buy the new audi Q7 or A8 without seeing it

Marketing must be very interesting in Europe.....

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Free mustache rides with every purchase. Cuz….European.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

You buy an new car from a screen right? We do, because the new car must be made. Thats my point. And again, you KNOW what your getting. If you want to know it ALL right away, you must be an grocer i guess.
Stop complaining about the marketing, chill take a beer. Cheers

#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

You buy an new car from a screen right? We do, because the new car must be made. Thats my point. And again, you KNOW what your getting. If you want to know it ALL right away, you must be an grocer i guess.
Stop complaining about the marketing, chill take a beer. Cheers

Have never purchased a car from a screen, the marketing on this roll out of the LV model sucked and that is the truth. I will be having a chill beer here shortly cheers!

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Welcome to Alien pinball! Also, how can they be taking people's deposits on an artist's rendering! Oh yeah, because there is people already sending in money without even seeing the actual LV machine!

Quoted from brado426:

Is it possible that is a screen in the apron that they're not telling us about yet?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f1b317fbcc62c2ef8ddeedc47ac7d6c924eb0046-1632517734-1800"};
//]]>

What about the scores?

#2993 2 years ago

Just because you were going to buy one regardless of what it had, doesn't make what others are saying wrong. This was a pretty bad reveal. The overall sentiment by many (not just on pinside) is pretty lukewarm. There are many questions. They would have been better off just listing the details and not even posting pics to go with it. The renders with bad pics/not correct items just adds confusion.

#2994 2 years ago

Is that a lcd screen in the apron?

#2995 2 years ago

Nobody is wrong here indeed It’s still an opinion that the marketing was bad. No fact! I liked the reveal!

#2996 2 years ago

I would love to order the LV but I decided to keep my current order for the SE. might change my mind if this game is a amazing shooter and would stay in the lineup for a long time.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I doubt it. It looks like apron cards, one being that of the new backglass. Looks like the dog tag (LV # badge) is on there too.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nobody is wrong here indeed It’s still an opinion that the marketing was bad. No fact! I liked the reveal!

You like the reveal? Please be specific of what you liked about it.
I have no dog in this hunt but I am curious.

There was no game play shown. No videos or really good pictures. What was so good about it?
Curious.

Thank you.

#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like one to me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

People buy expensive things sight unseen all the time. People buy homes, cars (Tesla), all sorts of stuff. Not sure why this is any different.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Looks like one to me.
[quoted image]
People buy expensive things sight unseen all the time. People buy homes, cars (Tesla), all sorts of stuff. Not sure why this is any different.

If it was, it would be in the details to help upsell it. Since that is just a render, it's just 'cards' being shown. They 'could' be backlit or EL like some have done, but you wouldn't know it since it's not an actual photo of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.