100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 377.
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is it just the translite art that is different? Same PF I'm guessing?

It appears to be the same playfield as expected

#2902 2 years ago

Also, I noticed the hypersleep pod has a real sculpt vs flat plastic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2903 2 years ago

Was worried but glad I stuck with the standard and entry price. Surprised they didn't at least upgrade the BB monitor size.

#2904 2 years ago

Pf is the same.

I noticed in the pics that isn't really listed in the features:

The xeno is more detailed with looks like silver teeth and maybe some 'slime' on the mouth.

The hypersleep lock is 3D model on top of it

And ...I'm confused but..the eggs look completely different (not an open one). I think I like the SV ones better.

Now..

Can live without the cab art
Can live without the backglass art
Can live without the powder coat
Don't like their beacons..I've found better ones around (visually).

Would like the art blades (or mirror since now we know they work)
Would like the open egg (which we can get)

alien (resized).JPGalien (resized).JPG
#2905 2 years ago

I can't decide if the LE package is worth the extra 2k.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Pf is the same.
I noticed in the pics that isn't really listed in the features:
The xeno is more detailed with looks like silver teeth and maybe some 'slime' on the mouth.
The hypersleep lock is 3D model on top of it
Now..
Can live without the cab art
Can live without the backglass art
Can live without the powder coat
Don't like their beacons..I've found better ones around (visually).
Would like the art blades (or mirror since now we know they work)
Would like the open egg (which we can get)

dont forget their is a custom apron mod being developed for this as well. Shaker motor, art blades we can get too. Id buy the PB beacons if they sell them, i want them to work as intended rather then me hack something together.

#2907 2 years ago

Well, if you were planning on a shaker motor and invisible glass to the SV then add that to the SV price and decide if the resulting price difference from the LV is worth it?

#2908 2 years ago

So what is the price on the LV?

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

dont forget their is a custom apron mod being developed for this as well. Shaker motor, art blades we can get too. Id buy the PB beacons if they sell them, i want them to work as intended rather then me hack something together.

Oh I know..I'm 3rd on the list

The question is if they lock out functions (like the shaker and beacons)....

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Well, if you were planning on a shaker motor and invisible glass to the SV then add that to the SV price and decide if the resulting price difference from the LV is worth it?

I don't even think this game needs a shaker..it shakes like crazy with the sub the way they have it programmed.

As for invisiglass...maybe I already got one (i've personally never seen one), but i have almost no reflection on mine. It could be just due to how dark the backglass is.

#2911 2 years ago

The cabinet art does look a lot nicer.

#2912 2 years ago

1000 units....it won't be 'that' limited.

I recognize that backglass, and while it was cool for a poster, not really digging it for the backglass.

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As for invisiglass...maybe I already got one (i've personally never seen one), but i have almost no reflection on mine. It could be just due to how dark the backglass is.

If you play in the dark (like I do), it's really hard to tell the difference between non reflective glass and plain glass. It's not a big selling point for me.

#2914 2 years ago

Ya I think I actually prefer the standard's cab and bg art at first look. Curious to see more details on sculpts and airlock.

#2915 2 years ago

The strangest thing is those eggs. I want to know more...they look weird. If they were mechs that opened up...that would be pretty cool.

#2916 2 years ago

The side armour is just kinda meh.
I wonder if they are not shipping with coin mechs?

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

SV's have coin mechs and coin boxes. Wouldn't make sense to take them out of the LV.

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The images shown were renderings i suppose not real machines.. the targets are all faulty gen 1's the coin door is not right... stuff like that.

#2919 2 years ago

Overall, underwhelming..and my wallet is happy about that. I am extremely happy with the SV. It cost less and has more than the last 2 NiB I have purchased.

What is there is pretty much what many of us figured. I know many were holding out for the displays..but they said up front that wasn't going to happen. I do think they could have done much more with this though to make it really shine....this feels...really not thought out.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

The images shown were renderings i suppose not real machines.. the targets are all faulty gen 1's the coin door is not right... stuff like that.

well wtf...why would they do that at this point?? Sigh...would explain the eggs then. Still..very strange way to make an announcement if true.

#2921 2 years ago

Looks nice but I will stick with my SV, I already powder coated it and bought voodoo glass but would love to see those blades if they throw a little bit more light on the game.

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Looks nice but I will stick with my SV, I already powder coated it and bought voodoo glass but would love to see those blades if they throw a little bit more light on the game.

If they are the same as the heighway lit blades then that would be sick. Those were the best looking thing I had ever seen on a pin. Just beautiful. I had a heighway standard without them and it was heartbreaking the first time I saw them in a LE up in Bend OR

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

well wtf...why would they do that at this point?? Sigh...would explain the eggs then. Still..very strange way to make an announcement if true.

i think it is because this was a thought up some time ago and they used the SV to fine tune their ambitions on LV a bit.. then when they realized what they could and could not do, they updated the renderings. Look at the airlock.. with sliding doors? Never gonna happen. total rendering. the 3d sculpt hypersleep toy.. another not happening in my opinion.

#2924 2 years ago

Anyone know when LV is expected to ship?

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what is the price on the LV?

faq excerpt (resized).pngfaq excerpt (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you play in the dark (like I do), it's really hard to tell the difference between non reflective glass and plain glass. It's not a big selling point for me.

Is it just me or do others notice that anti reflective glass starts to look bad after awhile. Maybe it's just improper cleaning. I've never owned any myself...slippery slope. Plus I play in the dark(all innuendo intended)

#2927 2 years ago

I have invisglass on mine. The shaker.. I dont really think it needs it.
I do like the new art/translite but the SV still feels more classic to me. At the end of the day its still the same game with a new paint job it seems. I was worried the pf screen was coming back or the backbox LCD was getting bigger, like people were mentioning.. sigh of relief.

I still like my mirrorblades, and I have an open egg pop on mine. The only extra I'd really want is the beacons, hope those are purchasable as an addon. I am curious about the new lit playfield backboard.. wonder if its like the starry night backboard on JJP POTC?

#2928 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I have invisglass on mine. The shaker.. I dont really think it needs it.
I do like the new art/translite but the SV still feels more classic to me. At the end of the day its still the same game with a new paint job it seems. I was worried the pf screen was coming back or the backbox LCD was getting bigger, like people were mentioning.. sigh of relief.
I still like my mirrorblades, and I have an open egg pop on mine. The only extra I'd really want is the beacons, hope those are purchasable as an addon. I am curious about the new lit playfield backboard.. wonder if its like the starry night backboard on JJP POTC?

lit playfield backboard woudl be nice, but you could just add a small led strip to accomplish that too right? Mezel has them for other machines, ihave on my AFM adn Star trek

#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't know if you've seen an Alien pin & not sure what a "really cool topper" is but the topper is two orange beacons & the apron will probably not be upgraded. Have you looked at a stern apron? They are plastic crap. Maybe they'll add the tracker?!

Umm, yeah I've seen a Stern a plastic apron. If PB had even done that well with theirs I would have been happy.

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I liked the beacons on the original Alien better. Have to admit I expected a bit more. For 2k more, they should add the custom apron mod too.

They need to get video out so we can see the custom side blades and the whole package in action.

#2931 2 years ago

Guys, with a heavy heart, I am willing to let my CT interest spot go for a mere $100. My dog needs dentures, and my wife's sugar daddy just isn't paying what he used to.

/s

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Guys, with a heavy heart, I am willing to let my CT interest spot go for a mere $100.
/s

only a 100..? you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

#2933 2 years ago

Glad I went with the SV. The inner lit art blades and the beacon topper would be sweet to have but everything else is just meh and not worth the price increase IMO.

#2934 2 years ago

How much would invisible glass and a shaker cost separately?

There is only a $2,100 difference between the two. Some people are saying 3k difference which is a heck of a rounding up.

#2935 2 years ago

I won't be upgrading to an LV. I've got AliExpress beacons waiting to install when the firmware is ready. Even though I love shaker motors and install them on all my Sterns, it is NOT needed on this machine - the bass is already good enough from the large subwoofer.

I'll probably powder coat at some point, but have other projects to finish first.

#2936 2 years ago

How much would invisible glass and a shaker cost separately?
There is only a $2,100 difference between the two. Some people are saying 3k difference which is a heck of a rounding up.

if you got the SV at intro price of 7777 it is 2918 more expensive. Shaker is 140 glass 276 shipped.

#2937 2 years ago

n/m just fb pages messing up

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

if you got the SV at intro price of 7777 it is 2918 more expensive. Shaker is 140 glass 276 shipped.

Yes, but new people that haven't ordered have to compare current pricing. Also you could probably sell you used SV for $8,500 right now.

#2939 2 years ago

Retail comparable to Stern:
Invisiglass widebody is about 275 + shipping
Shaker 100
Side Armor 250
Extra lights 40
Topper about 100 my estimate
Art Blades 100
New art?
Dog tags 5
Different Apron?

So all in all about 1000$ + Art

That's in line with Stern I think.

That being said, I hyped myself up so much I'm kinda underwhelmed myself.

#2940 2 years ago

Let's not crap all over those that are excited about the LV.

If you're happy with what you have, great. If you are excited about the LV, then great.

I'll be happy when I receive my SV.

I'll be happy when we get a beacon firmware upgrade and also can install inner art lit blades.
Hopefully they offer both options to SV owners.
I think many can agree!

#2941 2 years ago

My plan was to get the SV and then the LV when it came out and sell the SV but then SPooky announced Halloween release and I moved the LV money to Halloween and crossing my fingers the LV wasn't going to be unreal above the SV..

I think the gamble paid off thank god. Playfield screen and bigger backbox screen would have had me crying...

LV is nice but I can sleep at night with my SV..lol

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm confused but..the eggs look completely different (not an open one). I think I like the SV ones better.

Would like the open egg (which we can get)[quoted image]

Sounds like the more the player pops the pops...the eggs open. And mode related

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Retail comparable to Stern:
Invisiglass widebody is about 275 + shipping
Shaker 100
Side Armor 250
Extra lights 40
Topper about 100 my estimate
Art Blades 100
New art?
Dog tags 5
Different Apron?
So all in all about 1000$ + Art
That's in line with Stern I think.
That being said, I hyped myself up so much I'm kinda underwhelmed myself.

To be fair, lit art blades aren't $100. More like $300.

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Sounds like the more the player pops the pops...the eggs open. And mode related

That actually would be really cool!

#2945 2 years ago

I am still buying the LV. It's only money, we make more...lol

Things I like,

1) Powder coating-color
2) larger back Glass
3) Lighted side blades....hell yes...
4) new styled beacons for 2021

I can now buy the Queen and have her in between them.

Bonus items that are no biggie for me..

Invisglass
shaker
side armor
Apron - will be replaced buy the mod we are working on.

Maybe they will have a few more surprises when they actually show us a real one....not holding my breath.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

To be fair, lit art blades aren't $100. More like $300 +.

Oh I missed that they are LED blades and not just a LEDs pointing to vinyl.

If that's the case, yes you are right!

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My plan was to get the SV and then the LV when it came out and sell the SV but then SPooky announced Halloween release and I moved the LV money to Halloween and crossing my fingers the LV wasn't going to be unreal above the SV..
I think the gamble paid off thank god. Playfield screen and bigger backbox screen would have had me crying...
LV is nice but I can sleep at night with my SV..lol

Sleep well brother.

#2948 2 years ago

Hi I see you talking about a shaker at pb is it not yet available which one did you put in it?

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That actually would be really cool!

Agreed. That would be a really cool feature.

I think they really botched this by not having specific pictures and/or teaser video ready to go. Saying it is coming in the next few weeks is a missed opportunity IMO.

#2950 2 years ago

Pre orders are open for the LV on Cointaker website!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.