20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 376.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m pumped to see the LV!
Didn’t realize that powder came from PB. Talk about a sweet surprise.
For me I hope they have the lit side blades and beacons working. That would be great. Larger back box sure or pf screen but both would be fine without. Of course I’m on the LV list and high up at that. Can’t wait to see the new features

Ditto !! Although I hope they don't release the Alien XV, They also left a blank spot next to it... SV, LV, XV & __? I know they've stated the LV is the highest tier... I hope so as whatever it is I'm in for the creme de la creme Alien.
170789836_218742690051858_5390545807610668461_n (resized).jpg170789836_218742690051858_5390545807610668461_n (resized).jpg

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Ditto !! Although I hope they don't release the Alien XV, They also left a blank spot next to it... SV, LV, XV & _? I know they've stated the LV is the highest tier... I hope so as whatever it is I'm in for the creme de la creme Alien.
[quoted image]

XV is signed my Sigourney, only difference from the LV. lol

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

XV is signed my Sigourney, only difference from the LV. lol

LV gets the signature, the XV gets the certificate of authenticity

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

LV gets the signature, the XV gets the certificate of authenticity

I am good with that....haha

I got Instagram open, twitter open, FB PB page open and on there website....NADA!!!!!!!!!!! caffeine is a bad thing.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Just trying to gauge interest if anyone is interested in an airlock mod overlay. Use the existing screws or apply with double-sided tape over the existing screen. Price will be around 60 bucks. Please inbox me if you’re interested in ordering one. I may put these in the marketplace.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interested and PM you, please put me down for 1

#2856 2 years ago

It's been a long wait, boys, but tomorrow it'll be worth it!!

F84D8F1C-686B-4F08-8EF4-D979232ED3BA (resized).jpegF84D8F1C-686B-4F08-8EF4-D979232ED3BA (resized).jpeg
#2857 2 years ago

Is the consensus that anyone not already on the LV list will have no chance of procuring one via CT?

#2858 2 years ago

Is everyone even those that put in a $1 intent bound by the increased price ?
That sucks if so.

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Is everyone even those that put in a $1 intent bound by the increased price ?
That sucks if so.

I don't think CoinTaker is honoring that original pricing for the LV prior to it being announced, I was on an "E-mail list" before the $1.00 list was implemented, Would love to see Melissa / CoinTaker chime in on this. I just want to secure one either way.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I don't think CoinTaker is honoring that original pricing for the LV prior to it being announced, I was on an "E-mail list" before the $1.00 list was implemented, Would love to see Melissa / CoinTaker chime in on this. I just want to secure one either way.

So how many LV's did Pinball Bros say would be made? I got on the $1.00 list several months back but can't remember how many would be made now.

What time is their reveal tomorrow? Hoping they put an upgraded apron on this thing and a really cool topper in addition to the standard LE/LV enhanced features.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So how many LV's did Pinball Bros say would be made? I got on the $1.00 list several months back but can't remember how many would be made now.
What time is their reveal tomorrow? Hoping they put an upgraded apron on this thing and a really cool topper in addition to the standard LE/LV enhanced features.

I don't think they mentioned any time frame, I think they will just update their site / social media and pinside / this thread you will know... although it seems like the waits is 39 light years away from Earth....

The Limited Versions It's 500 from what I read but should be 426... for you know LV-426 would make the most sense.

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I don't think they mentioned any time frame, I think they will just update their site / social media and pinside / this thread you will know... although it seems like the waits is 39 light years away from Earth....
The Limited Versions It's 500 from what I read but should be 426... for you know LV-426 would make the most sense.

I've been told by a reliable source that it is "almost" sold out.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've been told by a reliable source that it is "almost" sold out.

Can't really be sold out when it isn't even for sale and they didn't say how many they were making. The interest #'s don't actually represent who will buy..especially since yes, most likely the price increase will happen to everyone who had $1 in.

Also, if everyone who has an SV suddenly tries to dump them because they have an LV coming, prices will plummet, so unloading them might cost you more than just staying with it. (just a guess, who knows)

Part of me hopes it's awesome, and part of me hopes it's just the usual expectations of 'stuff' and I won't feel the need to get it. Since you could say 'we got a discount', that jump to LV is quite steep.

*I will assume the price increases are not due to shipping and that shipping will also go up from what it was before since everything is higher now so that's even more added expense.

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

lso, if everyone who has an SV suddenly tries to dump them because they have an LV coming, prices will plummet, so unloading them might cost you more than just staying with it. (just a guess, who knows)

Or tomorrow is disappointing and the new features on the LV don't justify the price. My gut says the LV will be underwhelming. No playfield screen and no larger backbox screen. I hope I'm wrong.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Or tomorrow is disappointing and the new features on the LV don't justify the price. My gut says the LV will be underwhelming. No playfield screen and no larger backbox screen. I hope I'm wrong.

If so, LV sales will fade quickly!

#2866 2 years ago

I think we are all waiting to see if the playfield screen makes a comeback.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can't really be sold out when it isn't even for sale and they didn't say how many they were making. The interest #'s don't actually represent who will buy..especially since yes, most likely the price increase will happen to everyone who had $1 in.
Also, if everyone who has an SV suddenly tries to dump them because they have an LV coming, prices will plummet, so unloading them might cost you more than just staying with it. (just a guess, who knows)
Part of me hopes it's awesome, and part of me hopes it's just the usual expectations of 'stuff' and I won't feel the need to get it. Since you could say 'we got a discount', that jump to LV is quite steep.
*I will assume the price increases are not due to shipping and that shipping will also go up from what it was before since everything is higher now so that's even more added expense.

Ok... sold-out was a poorly-chosen phrase. Reserved-out.... whatever.

I'm keeping my SV and adding just the mods that I want to it.

#2868 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure the playfield screen won't make a comeback, too much problems around it and it's rather redundant.

#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Here's a few more shots of my mirror blades and the fit. I originally got these for my GNR but I really like them in Alien.
Also if you don't have them, I would definitely pick up a set of these side protectors to save your blades when raising and lowering your pf!
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Five years ago I went to a craft store, bought some posterboard and made my own side protectors. Looks pretty much like the PL ones.

Total cost less than five bucks and are still going strong.

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I think we are all waiting to see if the playfield screen makes a comeback.

I’m not. And I owned Heighway LE version. The playfield screen meant little to me. The airlock screen was more useful. What was chosen to fill the area of the playfield screen isn’t the best choice in my opinion either. I guess I’d have preferred something that tied in with the art better. What I would like to see on the LV would be the thick powder-coated armor and removable attached glass. Those were fantastic features of the original. The feel of flipping OG Alien LE was different than any other pin due to those rails. Lots of surface area of cool (temperature) powdered paint for the palms to rest on. Doubt it will happen but would be great!

#2871 2 years ago

Aaaaa how long it will take

#2872 2 years ago

Question for current Alien SE owners. The gitches needing to be worked out aside, are you satisfied with the overall build quality (materials, components, etc) of the game? How would you compare it to other manufacturers like Stern etc?

I am planning on the LV but any insight those already familiar with or that own the game is very appreciated.

#2873 2 years ago

Hey all - I just talked with Melissa at CT regarding Alien LV - she indicated everyone that's paid the $1 waiting list, is allocated an LV from Cointaker. They are waiting (along with us) for the official drop from Pinball Brothers on additional details on the pin. (anytime now?)

Melissa said she'll be working this weekend to process invoices for all the $1 reserves they have and they should have invoices for actual deposit (assume $1,000) coming out Monday/early next week. Just wanted to share and hopefully alleviate any unnecessary worries etc. Exciting times...

cheers

#2874 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. Curious about all the folks that paid the 1400 already. I’m lv #2 and wonder if I’ll get an invoice?

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Question for current Alien SE owners. The gitches needing to be worked out aside, are you satisfied with the overall build quality (materials, components, etc) of the game? How would you compare it to other manufacturers like Stern etc?

I am planning on the LV but any insight those already familiar with or that own the game is very appreciated.

watch the Carey Hardy interview of the Alien owner ....
looks like a good build , issues are normal with pinball!

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It's a very different build than Stern or BW games. With the exception of the flippers, the build seems solid. And the flippers are being replaced by PB. The frustration for early adopters is helping sort through the bugs. I've been down for over 2 weeks waiting for a troubleshooting issue with Cato. That said, PB are mostly very responsive to issues, and hopefully these will be addressed before LVs come out.

I'm still happy with this purchase, despite the issues I've experienced. It's a solid machine, and look forward to having it for a long time!

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

It's a very different build than Stern or BW games. With the exception of the flippers, the build seems solid. And the flippers are being replaced by PB. The frustration for early adopters is helping sort through the bugs. I've been down for over 2 weeks waiting for a troubleshooting issue with Cato. That said, PB are mostly very responsive to issues, and hopefully these will be addressed before LVs come out.
I'm still happy with this purchase, despite the issues I've experienced. It's a solid machine, and look forward to having it for a long time!

While I haven't really had any issues as of yet that have made my game unplayable...it is really a sad state that games are shipping with known defects of 'we'll deal with it later' mentality. This isn't exclusive to PB either. Since apparently they are already making LV's according to their FB page, it is very likely they are STILL shipping with parts that will need replaced.

I worked factory line jobs for a number of years, and that is not how it was done back then. The fixes were made and done BEFORE shipping them out if the issue was already known about.

When people talk about how quality is down, it is a true reality.

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While I haven't really had any issues as of yet that have made my game unplayable...it is really a sad state that games are shipping with known defects of 'we'll deal with it later' mentality. This isn't exclusive to PB either. Since apparently they are already making LV's according to their FB page, it is very likely they are STILL shipping with parts that will need replaced.
I worked factory line jobs for a number of years, and that is not how it was done back then. The fixes were made and done BEFORE shipping them out if the issue was already known about.
When people talk about how quality is down, it is a true reality.

I find this more annoying when it comes from Stern and JJP. There wasn't anything broken out of the box with Alien. My issues came about after a bit of play, and this is a new company starting out. I agree that quality has taken a hit, across the manufacturing board, but I'm will to give a bit of leeway to a new company, especially when they work so hard to make it right when problems are identified. Thankfully, they haven't pulled the JJP "the user broke it" mentality.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

These comments from others are great so far. I think they are honest and fair. I've definitely had my share problems with my Alien SV... but I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. PB do seem committed to fixing my issues... in many cases, PB has sent me parts, even if we weren't completely sure if it was the fix... this sped up the the process. Since I had one of the first 20 units, I did expect some problems.... but I have had no problem that a part replacement or slight adjustment couldn't fix so far. The game is super fun with excellent replay value and I have no plans on ever selling it. To me, it is the best pinball machine ever made.

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all - I just talked with Melissa at CT regarding Alien LV - she indicated everyone that's paid the $1 waiting list, is allocated an LV from Cointaker. They are waiting (along with us) for the official drop from Pinball Brothers on additional details on the pin. (anytime now?)
Melissa said she'll be working this weekend to process invoices for all the $1 reserves they have and they should have invoices for actual deposit (assume $1,000) coming out Monday/early next week. Just wanted to share and hopefully alleviate any unnecessary worries etc. Exciting times...
cheers

Are they honoring the old prices or the new prices?

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think that is highly unlikely. They hadn't even made any LV's before the price increase announcement. My guess is that was their way of saying this is the LV price.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Not sure - but if I recall, old price was never a thing for LV's from CT- as no price was confirmed for LV when making the reservation $1 fee. Per my recollection when I talked to Melissa in April she estimated LVs would be priced around $10k but didn't have actual price.

#2883 2 years ago

Has the LV been revealed yet?

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Haven't seen anything yet.

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Haven't seen anything. Refreshing every few minutes LOL

#2886 2 years ago

Gosh i hope they dont drop the ball today.....!!!!! its 4pm now in Sweden....

#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Gosh i hope they dont drop the ball today.....!!!!! its 4pm now in Sweden....

They are based in Sweden? Thought it was the Netherlands. Guessing it will be in the next hour or two.

#2889 2 years ago

I thought it was Italy

No photos and doesnt sound like much to offset The price hike
SmartSelect_20210924-114807_Firefox.jpgSmartSelect_20210924-114807_Firefox.jpg

I really wish they at least made the backbox screen larger. Some real low hanging fruit there. The lit interior sounds cool though.

#2890 2 years ago

PBrothers fbook page has details! on LV!! Limited art, lit inner side blades, shaker motoer, custom alien head, rotating beacons.. check it out!!

#2891 2 years ago
243047243_826661721380016_1383580947730288981_n (resized).jpg243047243_826661721380016_1383580947730288981_n (resized).jpg
#2892 2 years ago
AlienLV (resized).jpgAlienLV (resized).jpg
#2893 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2894 2 years ago

Perfect. What I read was that the translite is limited but it's sounds like the armor and side blades could be available for the se. We will see...

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

PBrothers fbook page has details! on LV!! Limited art, lit inner side blades, shaker motoer, custom alien head, rotating beacons.. check it out!!

Not a xeno head sculpt, xeno head side armor (etched or laser cut) it looks like

#2896 2 years ago

Looks like the airlock screen opens. Or is that just part of the animation?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit, nevermind. The more I look at this, the more it looks like the graphics on the screen.

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don't know if you've seen an Alien pin & not sure what a "really cool topper" is but the topper is two orange beacons & the apron will probably not be upgraded. Have you looked at a stern apron? They are plastic crap. Maybe they'll add the tracker?!

#2898 2 years ago

Will the lit blades fit the SE? If so then it appears that SE buyers should not need to upgrade to an LV.....I don't need to but I'm going to

#2899 2 years ago

Hmm, not sure I'm feeling it at the price point. Thoughts?

#2900 2 years ago

Is it just the translite art that is different? Same PF I'm guessing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.